PDA

View Full Version : Favorite character from Episode I

Jedi Destroyer666
03-21-2005, 12:00 AM
My favorite character from episode I is Darth Maul for the simple fact he is evil and part of the dark side. Who's your favorite character from episode I?

I was very mad when he got cut in half...:mad:

2-1B
03-21-2005, 01:19 AM
Ric Olie. :)

Bossk77
03-21-2005, 01:31 AM
Qui-Gon Jin

Slicker
03-21-2005, 02:36 AM
Oh, that's easy I'll say Aurra Sing. I loved her 2 seconds of useless background time that have turned into hundreds of comics and numerous backstories. Did you know that she hunted Jedi down for fun? No? You mean you didn't see that part in the movie?

Seriously my favorite character in TPM would have to be Qui Gon Jinn. Although he got killed he wouldn't take no for an answer.

Kidhuman
03-21-2005, 07:55 AM
Qui-GOn, Maul a close second.

darthverbo
03-21-2005, 07:55 AM
Jar Jar Binks!!!! just kidding! My favorite was Darth Maul. I wish he would have been involved more in the story of the Sith.

A quick note... George Lucas recieved a lot of flack for Jar Jar. Both of my kids thought Jar Jar was the best.
They were going all over the house saying "meesa called Jar Jar Binks!!" He was a character developed for kids and kids loved him. Good job George!

Jedi Destroyer666
03-21-2005, 01:08 PM
Jar Jar was pretty much every kids favorite character but mine is definatley Darth Maul and will never change. I got mad when he got cut in half though.

CaptainSolo1138
03-21-2005, 01:21 PM
I liked the Neimoidiens, Nute Gunray and Rune Haako. They were these huge overlords, but in reality they were the biggest cowards in the galaxy. They were fun to watch.

stillakid
03-21-2005, 01:40 PM
Skippy the Wonder Squirrel.

Or was that a different movie? :sur:

Jedi Destroyer666
03-21-2005, 01:45 PM
Ok..ok enough with the sarcastic remarks. Lol...

Jayspawn
03-21-2005, 10:50 PM
I have a few, very "Episode I" characters. My favorites, Rune Haako, Boss Nass, and R2-D2.

Rune hangs out with Nute Gunray and comments everything he says and does. He just looks and sounds cool. "Its Queen Amidala herself." "We will not survive this."

I think Boss Nass is great. I love it when he decides on something he doesnt like, and he shakes is head! Cracks me up every time!

I happen to really like R2 in this movie. Not really sure why.

ps I really like JarJar too. I've never had a problem with him.

Jedi Destroyer666
03-21-2005, 11:01 PM
There good choices especially Boss Nass because he's so hilarious!

Bobby Fett
03-22-2005, 12:10 AM
Qui-Gon, hands down.

2-1B
03-22-2005, 03:42 AM
I said Ric Olie at first but really it's more of a tie between Ric and Jira.

Can you blame me for not being able to decide ? :D

JetsAndHeels
03-22-2005, 08:49 PM
Qui-GOn, Maul a close second.

Ditto for me.
Honorable mention goes to Captain Panaka, for his great line to Qui Gon:
"You can't take her there, the Hutts are gangstas!!"

East side, beyottch!!

dr_evazan22
03-22-2005, 11:20 PM
First up for me is Qui Gon. But next on my list is someone no one else mentioned... Watto!

evenflow
03-23-2005, 09:35 AM
Qui-Gon Jinn

Rocketboy
03-23-2005, 11:12 AM
Darth Maul

*snicker*
:D

What a waste he was.
He was easily my least favorite character.
Darth Action Figure is more like it.

Serious though, I liked both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.

stillakid
03-23-2005, 11:17 AM
Ok..ok enough with the sarcastic remarks. Lol...

Ok ok. I liked this guy... (arrow)

El Chuxter
03-23-2005, 12:00 PM
A fellow Freddy McBorfgeinheioppen fan! :) I assume you've read all of his backstory and know about his hard life growing up on the mean streets of Nal Hutta, until he was adopted by Aurra Sing when she was undercover as Zorba the Hutt's wife. :crazed:

stillakid
03-23-2005, 10:36 PM
A fellow Freddy McBorfgeinheioppen fan! :) I assume you've read all of his backstory and know about his hard life growing up on the mean streets of Nal Hutta, until he was adopted by Aurra Sing when she was undercover as Zorba the Hutt's wife. :crazed:

Well, yah. I mean, EVERYBODY knows that stuff, especially after Gingo Zcar opened his (or it's, I can never keep that straight) big mouths and spilled the beans about that thing...you know, that thing with the guy at the place. Gingo was such a mufak. :rolleyes:

:crazed:

BoShek
04-10-2005, 03:55 PM
I liked Ric Olie too. Not flashy and can get the job done.

trandoshan666
04-24-2005, 10:46 AM
They aren't really individual "characters," but I've always loved the Destroyer Droids. I really enjoy that scene early in the movie, when they roll up and give the Jedi all they can handle.

General_Grievous
04-24-2005, 11:42 AM
Probably Qui-Gon. There were also lot of characters in this that I didn't really grow to appreciate until AOTC, like:

Obi-Wan: While he was okay in this, I thought he was a hundred times better in AOTC with his detective storyline.
Mace Windu: Until AOTC, all Mace did was pretty much sit around and agree with everything that Yoda said.
Padme: Kind of boring in this one. Maybe becuse she wasn't wearing a belly shirt. :D
Palpatine: He was too pompous as a Senator, he was more evil as a Chancellor.

But from TPM, I also like:

Nute and Rune: Just goofy looking characters. Brought a somewhat "Star Wars" feel to the movie.
Darth Maul: This guy was cool, but in my opinion, he was also way overrated. It would have been better if George hadn't killed him off and he had been in Eps II and III.
Captain Tarpals: This was the most serious Gungan. He was what the whole Gungan race should have been like; serious and silent (for the most part).
Watto: Not bad of a character, but too over the top sometimes.
Shmi Skywalker: Probably the best actress of the movie.

darko666
04-27-2005, 01:55 AM
lets just say that Darth Maul is the reason i watch TPM. for the little screen time he has, he has this certain mystery to him. it's a shame he gets cut in half by a padawan. from reading his comics, he would have killed both of them with no sweat.

Reefer Shark
04-30-2005, 11:11 AM
Palpatine/Sidious - hands down. I especially liked his dialog as Sidious "get this stunted slime out of my sight", etc... So cold and ruthless, I loved it!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-02-2005, 12:20 PM
Darth Maul is probably my favorite TPM character. The lightsaber fight with him is probably the best one so far (with Yoda a very close second). I doubt I'll be saying the same after I see all the fights in ROTS, though. Darth Maul could have easily replaced Count Dooku in AOTC and ROTS, though I like Dooku a lot too.

I also really like Qui-Gon, Watto, and Sebulba.

MaquisWarrior
05-23-2005, 02:18 AM
Mesa favoureet charator is MUY MUY fonee ansa heeda soba stronga..JAR JAR BINKS!
OH HELL NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
It's the Queen of my dreams, Queen Amidala. I have comments but I'll keep those to myself, but HEHEHEHEHEHHEEEE! YEAH BABY!!!

DarthQuack
05-23-2005, 01:23 PM
I guess my favorite character would have to be Darth Maul, although I do wish to know more about him, I may just have to read the novels.

Darkness Shroud
05-24-2005, 12:17 PM
My favourite Is Ki Adi Mundi. I think hes pretty cool. :)