PDA

View Full Version : CW DVD Commem. 3-packs

jonthejedi
03-22-2005, 07:31 AM
My local WalMart had the CW Cartoon DVD dump/display with the two commem. action figure 3-packs, at 9.96@. The DVD itself rang in at an incredibly affordable 11.85. Just F.Y.I.

wedge1968
03-22-2005, 11:18 AM
I thought TARGET was doing the three packs! I've been driving all over trying to get my hands on them. UUUGGG!

kool-aid killer
03-22-2005, 02:11 PM
My Walmart charged me a little over $14 for the CW DVD. I did see the CW 3 pack, i thought they looked cool, but since i had the figures already i felt no need to pick them up again. Truth is, i didnt even know a CW 3 pack was planned; goes to show how far out the loop i am.

darko666
03-22-2005, 04:35 PM
Truth is, i didnt even know a CW 3 pack was planned; goes to show how far out the loop i am.

i didn't know about it either. i don't think it was announced until the dvd came out. this is the first i saw of the 3 packs.
but i already have the figures, so i don't need to buy them. though, the villian 3 pack is cool.

Mandalorian Candidat
03-22-2005, 04:46 PM
This is the first time in a long time where I was caught unawares about a figure being released. I found these and decided what the heck since they were only $10 and my son doesn't have any of these. Since WM/Hasbro was shooting for collectors on this one I wish they would have done a third 3-pack with a red, blue, and yellow clone trooper since they were HTF.

I'm surprised WM had the highest price on the DVD. It seems like all the other retailers joined in to have prices around $12-13. Good for them.

bobafrett
03-22-2005, 11:35 PM
I got these a week ago (posted in another thread), they are repacks, but since I work at Wal-Mart I was able to get them, before todays DVD release. The electronics department manager seperated the DVD's, and sent all the three packs of figures to the toy department. I was upset because she threw away the displayer which had some nice pictures of the Clone Wars animated characters on it. I'm slowly turning to the darkside.

OC47150
03-23-2005, 01:17 PM
I had read/heard that it was supposed to be another set of figures, not CW, so I forgot about them since I hadn't read any updates.

I picked them up last night. Packaged very nice. Well worth the $10.

Reefer Shark
03-23-2005, 11:34 PM
I found 'em today at Wal-Mart. Pretty nifty. Already have the figures, but I really like the way these 3-packs look so I bought 'em. Can't beat the price either.

btw: The DVD rang up at $12.34 at my local WM.

LTBasker
03-24-2005, 12:33 PM
I went searching around two different wal-marts for them. Found the CW DVD for $15 in Electronics but didn't see the CW packs there, up at the front nor at Toys.

Did not all Wal-Marts get these or what?

bobafrett
03-24-2005, 12:44 PM
I went searching around two different wal-marts for them. Found the CW DVD for $15 in Electronics but didn't see the CW packs there, up at the front nor at Toys.

Did not all Wal-Marts get these or what?

Possibly, my store never got the Trilogy 3 packs, ever. You know, the ones that came with Trilogy DVD release.

AmanaMatt
03-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I had originally passed on all animated figs, but after watching the dvd and the current new eps, I got kinda pumped on them, so for $10 each, the 3 packs are a pretty killer deal.

I was able to order all others online for 'decent' prices....my local comic shop guy had the Yellow clone variant for $10, which is pretty nice. Just gotta score the other two variants now....those maybe harder to get at a reasonable price, though.

vemnox
03-24-2005, 11:29 PM
Are you refering to a variant on the individual figure or is there a variant on the 3-pack?

plasticfetish
03-25-2005, 05:11 AM
(I'd think he means the single carded variant.)

I picked up a "Sith Attack Pack" today at my local Wal*Mart. It's a good set -- will display very nicely -- and $10 is a great price for something like this. I wish the "Jedi Force Pack" had come with three Jedi, with maybe Yoda instead of the Trooper. We should have had a third set then, with all clones as an option -- it could have included the Arc trooper and two others.

I love how it says "DVD not included" all over the box. I wonder how many people still bought these thinking a disk was inside? :crazed:

sith_killer_99
03-25-2005, 10:56 AM
I picked these sets up at Wal-Mart last night. Not bad, but I was more excited to find 2 POTC Sandtroopers, 2 Scout Troopers and a Stormtrooper! :D

OC47150
03-25-2005, 11:01 AM
Great find!

Slicker
03-25-2005, 11:02 AM
Are these 3-packs located in the toy department or are they displayed by the DVD's? Either way I haven't seen the 3-packs and I've only seen the DVD once at WM.

sith_killer_99
03-25-2005, 11:15 AM
My "local" Wal-Mart didn't have any 3 packs, no big Clone Wars display, just a few measly copies sitting on the shelf (not the end cap "new release" shelf, but the side).

I drove down to the next Wal-Mart and they had the 3 packs set up in a big display box with the DVD's.

Bottom line, you may have to hit a couple Wal-Marts to find 'em. :( Super Wal-Marts would be your best bet. Good luck.

Great find!

Yeah, they were on damaged cards so they have been added to my "loose" collection. I am building a GRAND Army....OT style! ;)

AmanaMatt
03-30-2005, 11:50 AM
Are you refering to a variant on the individual figure or is there a variant on the 3-pack?

Sorry, I meant the single card clone trooper color variants.

As for the location, my Walmart had the bis display out by the far end front entrance/exit - no where near the dvd section.

bobafrett
03-30-2005, 12:06 PM
I found our sets near the clearance isle, just placed with some plastic containers and other misc. stuff. They were still at the same price I paid though.

Kyle Katarn
04-02-2005, 12:50 PM
I bought them last week, and I also bought the DVD, I hope they make the same thing with Clone Wars Volume II

Slicker
04-02-2005, 12:57 PM
I finally found these today in the WM tent sale. They are very nice 3-packs and I'm glad I got them finally.

hestep99
04-06-2005, 09:07 PM
I still haven't seen anything in richmond. I don't know what's going on with these. Maybe when they released the OT dvd with the comm 3 packs they overestimated. I seen these for a while and they couldn't get rid of em. I think that may be one reason they're hard to find.

hestep99
04-11-2005, 12:45 PM
huh, I actually found the good guys set but it was beat up all to crap. Since I don't open there was no need for me to buy it.