PDA

View Full Version : Spider-Man 3- let the hype begin!

Pages : [1] 2

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-22-2005, 12:01 PM
The villian has now been cast: Thomas Haden Church. You'll recognize him as Paul Giomatti's buddy in "Sideways."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/spider-mannews.php?id=2758

Although it has yet to be announced what villian he'll play, the net is already alive with chatter of who he'll be playing, folks are leaning towards Sandman or maybe Venom, but who the hell knows?!

I've included a pic too. Let the speculation begin! :D

evenflow
03-23-2005, 10:50 AM
I really don't know who he could play, maybe Sandman?

mabudonicus
03-23-2005, 11:31 AM
Maybe Mysterio or Rhino or Electro (or the less popular shocker), as well as Sandman.. not vulture, at least, and hopefully not Venom either
I would say electro or rhino, though

2-1B
03-23-2005, 11:44 AM
maybe he'll play Lowell, the sadistic airplane mechanic who kills Aunt Bee.

El Chuxter
03-23-2005, 01:02 PM
Venom needs to show up at some point, but the way they've constructed the first two movies, there has to be at least one full movie of setup. I could see him playing Eddie Brock, possibly while Spidey takes on the Hobgoblin (come on, you know he's going to be in it) and deals with a parasitic living costume. . . .

darthvyn
03-23-2005, 01:24 PM
Thomas Haden Church will be a fantastic and challenging new nemesis and we all look forward to working with him.

i wouldn't want venom to appear all-of-a-sudden just like that, but he does look the part...

i'm voting for shocker, or sandman. oooo! maybe mysterio! that would be pretty cool!

Rocketboy
03-23-2005, 10:54 PM
Mysterio is my top choice. He has the potential to be really cool on film.

Well, Venom is actually my top choice, but that needs at least a 1 movie set-up, IMO. Intro the suit and Eddie in 3 (with Eddie acquiring the suit when Spidey gets rid of it), and then Venom in 4.

Hellboy
03-24-2005, 08:11 PM
Well I sure can't envision him portraying Eddie Brock basically because that guy was freakin' huge. Same goes for Rhino and Sandman, my guess would be the Vulture even though my interest in seeing that charcter on screen is minimal at best. Great actor though.

Lord Malakite
03-25-2005, 03:31 AM
Mysterio is my top choice. He has the potential to be really cool on film.

Well, Venom is actually my top choice, but that needs at least a 1 movie set-up, IMO. Intro the suit and Eddie in 3 (with Eddie acquiring the suit when Spidey gets rid of it), and then Venom in 4.

If he turns out to be Eddie Brock I don't think we will get a whole movie for setup. It would probably be set up in the 2 part act we received in the first two movies.

Spiderman->Act I: Establish Peter Parker and Norman Osbourne's origins, Act II: Have Peter and Green Goblin duke it out.

Spiderman 2->Act I: Establish Otto Octavius's origin & setup a conflict with Peter's interests, Act II: Solve Peter's conflict and duke it out with Doctor Octopus.

Spiderman 3->Act I: Establish Eddie Brock and alien symbiote's origins while Peter has the symbiote, Act II: Have Peter duke it out with Venom after ridding himself of the symbiote.

Don't have any idea if that is where they are going, but if it isn't, I can see this guy as being a decent Quentin Beck. He just needs a pony tail. ;)

mabudonicus
03-25-2005, 08:38 AM
My honest hope-beyond-hope is that VENOM gets his own franchise so that he doesn't mess up what is a perfectly good Silver Age Spiderman arc :D

Maybe he could be the Terrible Tinkerer... or maybe the guy has been cast as "Fancy Dan", who would fit the bill as "fantastic and challenging"

I was talking with a buddy yesterday and we both agreed that the next film would be best served with Hobgoblin being still the "behind the scenes" character, and the actual fighting Villain/s in this film would be more like hired thugs(none of whom would actually be able to beat Spidey, natch), which would leave the door open for hobgoblin getting really frustrated and going all out in Spiderman 4 (hopefully opening the door for the Sinister Six- I have a feeling that Doc Ock isn't as dead as the audience was led to believe, Marvel-style)

It really seems that the "personal" part of Spiderman's motivation is based on the Osbourne connection, and to try and bring in Venom would be difficult at best, as it could only really happen after the whole Peter Parker/Harry Osborn thing has worked itself out...

I mean, I personally feel that there is not enought "space" in the series for such a tangential plot as Venom to be fully realized without screwing up the excellent foundation built in the first movie, much more personal than the Lovecraftian "cosmic horror" themes that would accompany Venom....

On top of that "scholarly" dissertation, I really, truly belive that Venom was the worst thing to ever happen to Spiderman (I know he's popular with a whole new generation and all that, and brought new readers and everything, but without the context of the Secret Wars I think it would be a stupid, "unrealistic" thing to try to incorporate into the films)

And I hates Venom, did I say that :D?????

Bossk77
03-25-2005, 08:16 PM
Sadly i wouldnt be surprised to see THomas actually play Cassidy and start a Carnage arc. He could look the part prettywell. But i am pretty sure he will be Brock.

General_Grievous
03-27-2005, 07:06 PM
No way...they cast THIS guy? The guy from "George of the Jungle"?!? Oscar nom or not, this guy could get his @$$ handed to him by Tobey Maguire. And they're saying Venom is the favorite for Spidey 3. I cannot see this guy as Venom!

Bossk77
03-27-2005, 11:11 PM
No way...they cast THIS guy? The guy from "George of the Jungle"?!? Oscar nom or not, this guy could get his @$$ handed to him by Tobey Maguire. And they're saying Venom is the favorite for Spidey 3. I cannot see this guy as Venom!
He would play a better Carnage like i said. He looks more like Cassidy.

El Chuxter
03-28-2005, 11:28 AM
Except that Carnage is even lamer than Xizor and Durge combined. He would ruin the franchise.

mabudonicus
03-28-2005, 03:00 PM
Carnage is even lamer than Xizor and Durge combined.
No, that would be Venom, Carnage is lamer than CHI-zor multiplied by Durge, plus Joh Yowzah, then the whole lot to the power of Aurra Sing

Carnage, Venom, Man Spider.....

I am still sticking with my "silver age or bust" slogan, I will sadly have to sit out on the franchise as soon as that big dumb alien freak of a bad idea named "Venom" rears his ugly head..
I would rather watch Spidey fight 12 cloned Vultures, or even forego an opponent entirely and maybe watch Peter playing rummy with Aunt May for a large portion of the film, interspersed with a few scenes of Spidey kicking muggers in the face, or maybe just sleeping even

El Chuxter
03-28-2005, 03:04 PM
I take it someone doesn't care for Venom? :)

Love him or hate him, you have to admit Venom's at least an actual character with some complexities. Carnage is so one-dimensional he makes Darth Maul look like the main character in a Shakespearean tragedy.

Hellboy
03-28-2005, 04:04 PM
I am still sticking with my "silver age or bust" slogan, I will sadly have to sit out on the franchise as soon as that big dumb alien freak of a bad idea named "Venom" rears his ugly head..

We seem to be in the minority here mabs but I definitely agree with you. I've never liked Venom and think bringing him into the 3rd film would be a big mistake. If this happens I'll admit the franchise has officially sold out by bringing the most popular charcter instead of the most interesting to the screen. Anybody, with the exception of Carnage, would be better IMO.

JediTricks
03-28-2005, 10:21 PM
I've always maintained that Venom would be a really awful idea for the Spider-man cinematic franchise. The point of the movies is that they are supposed to work within a "realistic" universe, no aliens, no time-travel, no flying into the sun, just a look at how a regular kid with superpowers would cope with a world like ours. Sure there are supervillains, but they're only slightly unbelievable, they're not from outer space or parallel universes, they don't have laser beams shoot from their skin or anything.

As for Thomas Hayden Church, he's been great since he played Lowell on "Wings", and I really liked him on his own show on Fox "Ned & Stacey" (it was a big change from the dumb goof Lowell on Wings to being a mean jerk stuck with an annoying fake-wife), but they guy doesn't seem very Venom to me at all. I don't really think he fits as any SM villain though.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-28-2005, 11:25 PM
saw this at SHH and it comes from an article posted today at AICN.

"Hey folks, Harry here... Multiple spies at Sony have confirmed that Thomas Hayden Church will indeed be playing SANDMAN. There's a ton of Sandman conceptual art all over the Spidey-offices!"

So, thats all rumor, but hey, never know. I like the idea of Sandman as he's an interesting villian in my opinion. I guess only time will tell if this is legit or not. :D

Bossk77
03-29-2005, 12:07 AM
saw this at SHH and it comes from an article posted today at AICN.

"Hey folks, Harry here... Multiple spies at Sony have confirmed that Thomas Hayden Church will indeed be playing SANDMAN. There's a ton of Sandman conceptual art all over the Spidey-offices!"

So, thats all rumor, but hey, never know. I like the idea of Sandman as he's an interesting villian in my opinion. I guess only time will tell if this is legit or not. :D
Well they have said multiple bad guys...... Venom is in it to some degree... could be a cameo leading in to movie 4.... they did say they signed Toby and Dunst for 6 movies after all.. :)

General_Grievous
03-29-2005, 12:37 PM
Tobey, Kirsten and co. are only signed on for three movies.

evenflow
03-29-2005, 02:45 PM
It seems that Sandman may in fact be a villian in 3

Hellboy
04-17-2005, 05:14 PM
According to SHH, Latino Review and AICN there will be two villains in Spiderman 3. Thomas Hayden Church will indeed play Sandman and the other villain will be Hobgoblin. Whether or not Harry Osborne turns out to be Hobgoblin is still up in the air though.

Rocketboy
04-17-2005, 06:27 PM
According to SHH, Latino Review and AICN there will be two villains in Spiderman 3. Thomas Hayden Church will indeed play Sandman and the other villain will be Hobgoblin. Whether or not Harry Osborne turns out to be Hobgoblin is still up in the air though.With the way Spider-man 2 ended, I don't see why Harry wouldn't be the Hobgoblin.
Hopefully they come up with a better look than an orange version of that horrid Green Goblin Power Ranger costume.

darko666
04-17-2005, 06:42 PM
According to SHH, Latino Review and AICN there will be two villains in Spiderman 3. Thomas Hayden Church will indeed play Sandman and the other villain will be Hobgoblin. Whether or not Harry Osborne turns out to be Hobgoblin is still up in the air though.

sandman will be cool to see. and harry osbourne was never hobgoblin, he was the second green goblin until norman returned. but this is hollywood we are talking about, they always ruin something.

and i think Black Cat is in the movie. but don't take my word for it, it's just a rumour that has been mentioned since talks about spiderman 3 began.

General_Grievous
04-17-2005, 10:03 PM
Sandman seems about right for Thomas Hayden Church. But I don't see why they couldn't use Lizard...

darko666
04-17-2005, 11:22 PM
Sandman seems about right for Thomas Hayden Church. But I don't see why they couldn't use Lizard...

they were going to have The Lizard in spiderman 2. but he was used him in the animated show that aired on mtv. that show supposedly took place between spiderman 1 and 2. so thats the reason he wasn't in it. also they wanted to focus more on doc oc.

as much as people think the lizard is going to be in spiderman 3, i doubt it, with the sandman and green goblin in it, i can't see them putting in another villian. but after Raime is done with the movies, and another director takes on the task, who knows what villians we will see in the future sequels. but at that point, the movies will lose their touch and become another waste of comic movies. but maybe i'm jumping the gun on this.

Bossk77
05-25-2005, 03:19 AM
I think he will play Shocker. I have heard rumers of him playing venom... just like for everyone else they have cast so far. Ha that is like dressing Jim Carry up like venom when he was working on the Riddler. I could also see him as Hobgob or Demi Gob but the last thing i want to see is another good guy.

megaprime33
05-25-2005, 08:11 AM
If Venom will be in the movie he will most likely be played by Church. But I'm leaning more towards Sandman as the villian in this. I have no idea who Grace will play.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-25-2005, 09:35 AM
went ahead and merged the Topher thread with the actual Spidey 3 movie thread.

Pendo
05-25-2005, 01:15 PM
I know it's been confirmed that Topher is in the movie, but has it actually been confirmed that he is a bad guy? I thought this movie was already having Snadman and possibly (hopefully) Harry's Goblin, does it REALLY need more bad guys?

PENDO!

jjreason
05-25-2005, 01:55 PM
That's what I heard on radio news, Pendo, that he was signed on to play a bad guy. They didn't say whether or not he'd be a costume baddy or just another type of player in whatever evil plot Harry's hatching to do in Web Head this time. :)

I was hoping that the introduction of Dr. Curt Connors in part 2 meant we'd see the Lizard in part 3 - they could run pretty far with him. I can already see the Lizard caught in a moral conundrum at the end of the movie - having to choose between Spidey (whom he would somehow have to know is Parker, his brilliant student) and Harry Osborn (whom he would know is the new Goblin, and likely the source of his research money - money he counts on as he pursues a way to grow his arm back).

I don't really care what they do. After parts one and two, they could announce Rosanne Barr was going to play Mary Jane this go round, and I'd still be there on opening night. :crazed:

kool-aid killer
05-25-2005, 02:07 PM
Your little scenerio with the Lizard would be awesome if it were to be that way in the third installment of the Spiderman movies, but unfortunately it probably wont happen. Its a good idea though. I myself wonder what villain Topher can play, he seems like an odd choice but im sure they have a role thats just right for him.

darthvyn
05-25-2005, 07:12 PM
if he's a bad guy, my vote for topher is electro... topher is a skinny guy, and fits the bill nicely... or, once again, maybe mysterio!

jj, as much as i'd like to see the lizard, i think that scenario smacks too much of the plotline of 2. but either way, with the rumors about, it doesn't seem all that likely to see him, anyway...

jjreason
05-27-2005, 04:47 AM
You might be right, Vyn. The thing about Silver Age Marvel though - it's built on Mad Scientists. For the movies to even relate to the books, there are going to be some overlapping elements - especially "lab happenings gone wrong". :)

I wouldn't mind seeing Mysterio or Electro (preferably Electro), along with the Sandman. I'm also not totally against them introducing characters like Cletus Cassady or Venom (who's "real name" is escaping me - I'm tired :D ), provided they don't get into the alien costume schmozel. Maybe Parker could save MJ from a kidnapping attempt made by Cassady, then land him in jail. More characters on the periphery (for the fanboy geeks, like me, in the crowd) would be nice to see.

I'm still stretching to see how Lowell and Foreman can possibly cause any heartache for the Wallcrawler, but I have faith that Sam Raimi will making something good out of this. :crossingfingers:

darthvyn
06-02-2005, 07:19 PM
You might be right, Vyn. The thing about Silver Age Marvel though - it's built on Mad Scientists. For the movies to even relate to the books, there are going to be some overlapping elements - especially "lab happenings gone wrong". :)

true, very true... read through the first four volumes of marvel masterpieces ASM. very similar basic forumla. but they updated spider-man to genetics instead of radiation... they can do minor tweaks to make it different. mainly to me, the "funded by oscorp" angle was what smacked too much of repetition.

EDIT: come to think of it, the original story with lizzy had him doing independent research in the florida everglades. i think they could do something in that vein...

I wouldn't mind seeing Mysterio or Electro (preferably Electro), along with the Sandman. I'm also not totally against them introducing characters like Cletus Cassady or Venom (who's "real name" is escaping me - I'm tired :D ), provided they don't get into the alien costume schmozel. Maybe Parker could save MJ from a kidnapping attempt made by Cassady, then land him in jail. More characters on the periphery (for the fanboy geeks, like me, in the crowd) would be nice to see.

eddie brock. whom they already did an off-camera cameo: "eddie's been trying to get a shot of him for weeks" - robbie to jonah in the first movie.

i see what you mean about the periphery, but i don't think it's just for the fanboys. more periphery characters means more realism when they are brought to the forefront. i mean, having doc connors in the second movie lends more creedence to him taking center stage in 4 or 5...

I'm still stretching to see how Lowell and Foreman can possibly cause any heartache for the Wallcrawler, but I have faith that Sam Raimi will making something good out of this. :crossingfingers:

he hasn't let me down yet! i know, though... i can't help seeing THC as the dumb mechanic... however, before galaxy quest and monk, i couldn't see tony shaloob as anything but antonio...

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-29-2005, 01:37 AM
I don't know if anybody else has seen this rumor jumpin' around the net, but I figured i'd post it. and duh, SPOILERS!! although, they're unconfirmed and possibly BS, so read at own risk.

"A source very close to production recently dropped us a line with the following information about who is playing who in the new Spider-Man 3 film!

A source close to the production of Spider-Man 3 confirmed for me that the main villain played by Mr. Thomas Hayden Church will in fact be the Chameleon.

Church plays Dmitri Smerdyakov, who goes by false name Dr. Turner at Peter's college. The Chameleon also has a brother in this film, which will set up Kraven the Hunter for a future sequel I'm told. Le'ts just say that the Chameleon will use his powers of performance and identify theft to bridge a gap between MJ and Peter Parker in this film.

The producers and Raimi have a big publicity event right before production starts to make this announcement. Look for it after Thanksgiving, with production to start this winter. This will begin the hype for Spider-Man again. They will also start issuing a new animated DVD featuring the Chameleon right before the new movie hits theatres.

Also, Harry does become the Second Green Goblin, but only at the very end. He's kind of like Anakin in Episode III -- growing evil throughout the film, and not donning the full mantle of recognizable villain until the climax.

It's official: the Chameleon is the character Hayden Church will play, I promise.

This comes from a VERY reliable source, so weíre saying you can take this to the bank!"

Source: http://www.freezedriedmovies.com/news/index.php?Action=Full&NewsID=3123

Also, on SHH they chatted about Thomas's appearance on Leno and he said that he has been bulking up for the role, so this could be really really wrong, but i'm bored, so i thought I'd post it. :p

JediTricks
07-29-2005, 03:51 PM
Hmm, not one of the villains I would have expected. Chameleon is certainly not an "action" villain, so I suspect they'll need to go with another character as well, and I can't imagine who that would be if Topher Grace is playing him - perhaps Mysterio (though he's not exactly an action villain either).

megaprime33
07-30-2005, 03:27 PM
Chamelion? Ehh, I hope that it isn't the case. I'm really hoping for Venom, that would be really sweet. I could see THC pulling off an eddie brock role, and he did say he was bulking up for the movie. Could be the sandman as well, if in fact that villian is still in the rumor pool. I haven't been keeping track.

darthvyn
07-31-2005, 12:01 AM
an interesting turn of events here... not at all expected. if you're looking for action to counter the chameleon, then i think topher would end up as electro, as i had said before...

i don't see THC as age-appropriate for the role of venom. it has to be someone peter's age, or a little bit older.

Fluke Skywalker
07-31-2005, 10:31 PM
If THC is indeed bulking up, perhaps it's to play.... "The Rhino". Wishful thinking on my part. He's far to slender. I just think The Rhino would look great on film and be a nice contrast in battle with Spider-Man, especially if Topher Grace plays a character like "Electro", like darthvyn said.

It's amazing that they set up potential villians like "The Lizard" and "Man-Wolf" and are leaving them out of the 3rd film... apparently. Unless they all team up. NAH!

darthvyn
07-31-2005, 10:37 PM
rhino would be awesome to see on screen... hadn't thought about that... wow. that would be cool...

yeah, the cameos are all in place, but i kinda like that they're all waiting in the wings instead of being set up just to be used next. it builds a more believable "universe" around our characters...

Fluke Skywalker
07-31-2005, 10:43 PM
yeah, the cameos are all in place, but i kinda like that they're all waiting in the wings instead of being set up just to be used next. it builds a more believable "universe" around out characters...

That's very true.

darthvyn
08-02-2005, 06:24 PM
the movie when we get the sinister six together will probably be the best day of my life...

JediTricks
08-04-2005, 06:02 PM
The Sinister Six would suck because of The Vulture, I'm sorry, but this guy sucks! Elderly flying supervillains indeed!

Sandman would be another villain I don't think would track for a real-life movie.

darthvyn
08-04-2005, 07:58 PM
if they did sandman right, he could kick butt. the vulture i'm not so adamantly against as you are, but i think he could be improved upon. the "classic" sinsiter six need not be the only roster to go with, though... it could be

rhino
doc ock (he'll be back...)
green goblin 2
sandman
hydroman
mysterio

also in the pool: electro or shocker (can't have both...) kraven, hobgoblin, jack-o-lantern (not likely, but whatever...) demogoblin, scorpion (that would be cool...)

there's more to choose from than the vulture and sandman, though i maintain that sandman could be awesome...

JediTricks
08-04-2005, 09:27 PM
I read somewhere that except in the Ultimate line, Vulture has been in every incarnation of the Sinister Six, if true that'd be downright nutty.

darthvyn
08-05-2005, 12:46 AM
here's a page i found about the SS

http://www.fortunecity.com/rivendell/chronos/279/sinister.html

looks like. the last incarnation has the "young" toomes, though...

JediTricks
08-05-2005, 04:53 PM
I thought the "young" thing never lasted long with him.

Slicker
09-05-2005, 07:32 PM
Doing my routine searching I found this. (http://www.development-hell.com/news_detail.php?idnews=475) It says that the main villian with be the Chameleon and that Harry won't take his complete villianous form until the end of the movie.

2-1B
09-05-2005, 08:09 PM
Can't be any worse than the Assgoblin from part 1.

Rocketboy
09-05-2005, 09:54 PM
If true, the next question: Who is Topher Grace playing?

2-1B
09-05-2005, 11:20 PM
Topher Grace is in this movie, too ? :cry:

Jesus Christ, isn't one wimpy effeminate male star (Tobey Mags) enough for this series ? :rolleyes:

JediTricks
09-06-2005, 03:46 AM
The *rumor* about the Chameleon says that both Thomas Hayden Church and Topher Grace will be playing the Chameleon, THC changes to Grace when he's wooing Mary Jane. However, this appears to be pure rumor at this point.

darthvyn
09-06-2005, 07:52 AM
shouldn't this be attached to the "spider-man 3: let the hype begin" thread?

that would kinda suck if both THC and topher were the same bad guy... i had been looking forward to seeing two different villains, but we'll see. it's still early...

General_Grievous
09-06-2005, 12:15 PM
Man, I do NOT want to see the Chameleon. Why can't they pick a better villain, like Sandman, Electro or maybe....hmmm...VENOM??? I hope this doesn't go downhill because I loved the first two movies.

Elliejabbapop
09-06-2005, 02:58 PM
I thought they had gone for Venom in the end. :?

darthvyn
09-06-2005, 09:47 PM
i really don't think we need venom... not for some time. there's all kinds of cool characters to choose from, we don't need to jump to the "bad spider-man".

chameleon could be cool, if done well. i have no doubt that he will.

Hellboy
09-07-2005, 12:45 AM
I'm with Vyn on this. Venom would probably win the popularity contest but IMO Chameleon could prove to be far more interesting.

Rocketboy
09-26-2005, 08:05 PM
Kirsten Dunce...errr...Dunst let it slip:

During an interview this weekend promoting Elizabethtown, Kirsten Dunst confirmed rumors to Zap2it that Thomas Haden Church will play Sandman and Topher Grace is Venom in director Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 3, opening in theaters on May 4, 2007.

"We have really great people though as the villains in this film, Thomas Haden Church and Topher Grace -- Venom and Sandman," said Dunst, who plays Mary Jane Watson in the Spidey films.

"Maybe I wasn't supposed to say that," she added before reversing her claim. "It's the other way around. You're right," she conceded to a journalist.

Dunst has yet to receive a script for the third film that will begin shooting in January. "But I know the general story. There's a lot that they're trying to fit into this one."

Lord Malakite
09-27-2005, 02:30 AM
Looks like we are actually getting a trio of villains. In addition to Dunst's slip up that Topher Grace will be Venom and Thomas Haden Church will be Sandman, freezedriedmovies.com is reporting that James Franco will be Hobgoblin.

Rocketboy
09-27-2005, 03:04 PM
Three villains?
Maybe Sam Raimi should watch Batman and Robin.

El Chuxter
09-27-2005, 03:34 PM
As cool as Venom is, and as cool as Topher Grace is, does anyone else find it odd that Eric Foreman will be running around, screaming, "I'm going to eat your brains!!"

darthvyn
10-04-2005, 12:24 AM
uh.... oh, crap. that's kinda disappointing. oh, well... looks like two's the charm for spider-man AND x-men...

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-04-2005, 03:15 AM
Three villains?
Maybe Sam Raimi should watch Batman and Robin.

Yeah, because Joel Schmacher was such a FANTASTIC director who could've handled it, but botched it? C'mon, Raimi is EONS ahead of Schuwrecker in EVERY department. Spidey 3 will be great. Mark my words. I'm guessing Venom and Sandman will be the primary villians and then Hobgoblin will make his appearance at the end of the flick. A cliffhanger? Keep the faith, true believers! :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
10-04-2005, 03:41 PM
Word. I have complete faith in Sam Raimi.

JediTricks
10-04-2005, 07:33 PM
uh.... oh, crap. that's kinda disappointing. oh, well... looks like two's the charm for spider-man AND x-men...
I have the same feeling. Plus, why those 2 villains? They're some of the more outlandish possible in terms of the movie's universe, seems like a big jump. I am kinda hoping this is an intentional hoax.

Hellboy
10-05-2005, 04:52 PM
I'm sure I'll fall into the minority here but I was liking the idea of using The Chameleon in this film much much better.

darthvyn
10-05-2005, 08:28 PM
As cool as Venom is, and as cool as Topher Grace is, does anyone else find it odd that Eric Foreman will be running around, screaming, "I'm going to eat your brains!!"

yeah, maybe the guy who plays "hyde" but not foreman... :crazed:

I have the same feeling. Plus, why those 2 villains? They're some of the more outlandish possible in terms of the movie's universe, seems like a big jump. I am kinda hoping this is an intentional hoax.

ability to suspend disbelief in a movie where the main guy can stick to walls aside, really venom isn't THAT great a character, and topher is totally not body-type appropriate for the role... church could play either character, but i too like the idea of chameleon better than either of these characters.

i also still REALLY like the idea of the rhino and shocker/electro, too... but i doubt it's a hoax, and i doubt i'll ever see those guys...

rhino would look awesome on the big screen...

Rocketboy
10-05-2005, 09:48 PM

topher is totally not body-type appropriate for the role... I assume that it'll just be a bulked up CG Venom using a different voice (ala Hayden Christensen/James Earl Jones).

darthvyn
11-05-2005, 08:39 PM
I assume that it'll just be a bulked up CG Venom using a different voice (ala Hayden Christensen/James Earl Jones).

i was thinking about this response for a while, and now i know what was irking me about it... the comic version of eddie brock was a meathead muscle-builder type. if they go the "ultimate spider-man" route for the origin, and the "venom" suit is a project eddie's and peter's dads were working on, then i guess they could go with a less bulky character...

James Boba Fettfield
11-05-2005, 10:47 PM
Well, look at that.

http://spiderman.sonypictures.com/

darthvyn
11-05-2005, 11:50 PM
that's totally awesome.

Rocketboy
11-05-2005, 11:50 PM
I knew they were going to give him that lame striped shirt.

James Boba Fettfield
11-05-2005, 11:53 PM
that's totally awesome.

I knew they were going to give him that lame striped shirt.

Let the striped shirt debate begin!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-06-2005, 01:41 AM
Let the striped shirt debate begin!

lol I like the look of that shirt on the big screen. It looks right at home and vintage. Let's just be happy that Raimi wasn't forced to go all "new" on us and give Flint a leather coat, a gelled up hair cut, leather pants, and a cell phone. I can't wait to see how they do Venom. I hope they go with the Ultimates story as that is far more realistic. :thumbsup:

darthvyn
11-06-2005, 09:08 AM
i'm still holding out hope that venom isn't in this one. to have a teamup with sandman and electro would be the bees knees.

i think the shirt looks great. that's the way the character was designed. i'm glad they went with it.

as for eddie brock, he really didn't have a distinct "uniform" aside from the symbiote, so i don't really care what his clothes WOULD look like if he shows up in the franchise at some point. i just hope it's not THIS point...

General_Grievous
11-06-2005, 02:36 PM
Hey, I'm glad Sam's stickin' to the comic style with Sandman. If only he made a similar choice with the Green Goblin, because he looked like a power ranger back in the first movie.

Hellboy
11-11-2005, 06:22 PM
That picture of Sandman looks amazing and has me excited more than I thought I would be at this point. Looks like Thomas Hayden Church really buffed up for the part.

General_Grievous
11-21-2005, 04:01 PM
http://www.empireonline.co.uk/news/story.asp?NID=17540

Read this. This makes me angry. First John Williams leaves the Harry Potter movies and now this. What happened in the Raimi-Elfman fallout anyway?

James Boba Fettfield
11-21-2005, 05:16 PM
CHUD had something on this a few months ago:

Today the junket for The Corpse Bride junket was held in Toronto, at the Toronto Film Festival. The junket in general was short on news - Tim Burton is taking a break, Helena Bonham Carter has a few things in the hopper and Johnny Depp is still knee-deep in Captain Jack Sparrow (his mouth was full of gold teeth). But Danny Elfman dropped a surprise on me when I asked him whether Sam Raimi had told him which villains for whom to consider themes. He's not doing Spider-Man 3, he told me. I asked why.

Elfman: Spider-Man 2 was a miserable experience.

Q: Why? Was it too fast or Ė

Elfman: Itís a complicated thing.

Q: Why was it complicated?

Elfman: My connection to Sam got completely severed. As far as Iím concerned, he went to sleep and somebody put a pod next to him and when he awoke, he wasnít the same person Iíve known for a decade.

Q: Will you work with him again?

Elfman: No. He went from right there, number 2 on my list of favorite directors, to the last Ė to the exact opposite of everything I look for in a film experience. Everything I could do on Spider-Man 1 I couldnít do on Spider-Man 2. He got so intensely attached to the temp music, I couldnít even adapt my own music. I couldnít get close enough to me.

Itís the first time Iíve ever walked from a director in twenty years, and hopefully the last time. He became intolerable. Iíve been on some heavy duty films, so to say that it had to be pretty bad. I have been in war zones you wouldnít believe in 55 films. But this is the first time Iíve said, Iíve had it. Itís just not worth it. I would rather go back to waiting tables than to do Spider-Man 2 again.

Strong words from Elfman. There's no word yet on who will be scoring the next Spidey film.

James Boba Fettfield
02-23-2006, 09:06 PM
http://www.superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=3892

Superhero Hype! has your exclusive first look at a new photo from Spider-Man 3! You may think you're looking at a black and white photo. Look closely, Spider-Man wears a black suit in Spider-Man 3. Tobey Maguire returns as Peter Parker/Spider-Man in Spider-Man 3. Release date is 5/4/07.

Are they saying that's the symbiote suit in the pic?

JediTricks
02-23-2006, 09:13 PM
I don't buy it, that picture looks like it's grayscale with sepia yellow and blue tones added back in, the rain and clouds and splashes are all the same.

James Boba Fettfield
02-23-2006, 09:19 PM
Well, at least I am not alone in thinking SH is wrong.

Kidhuman
02-23-2006, 10:31 PM
Yeah its not a color shot. If they give him the symbiote suit, that means they have to explain Secret Wars to a point to keep it in line. Plus with Topher Grace playing Venom, it has to be a symbiote suit.

James Boba Fettfield
02-23-2006, 10:57 PM
Looks like we might be wrong. What SH posted about it being a black suit came straight from Sony. See the official movie website: http://spiderman.sonypictures.com/

What a lame costume.

El Chuxter
02-23-2006, 11:12 PM
So it's black, but doesn't appear to be a symbiote. Interesting. I don't know Venom's "Ultimate" origin (I'd say what I think about Ultimate stuff here, but darthvyn will rip me a new one), but I'm guessing it's more in line with that?

JediTricks
02-24-2006, 12:18 AM
Heck, I don't even believe THEM on this! The way the light is coming off it, I still think it's a grayscale shot, maybe even a grayscale shot of an unused SM2 promo photo. This better be an early April Fools gag 'cause otherwise there won't be much about SM3 I'll be looking forward to.

James Boba Fettfield
02-24-2006, 12:31 AM
From what I understand, the symbiote just makes the original costume black.

While it may not be an actual shot from the film, it seems like that's what their vision of the black costume will be.

Lord Malakite
02-24-2006, 02:00 AM
Ain't it Cool (http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=22569) has some stuff on the recent picture as well as some other news. In addition to the 3 main villains Sandman, Venom, Hobgoblin (aka Green Goblin 2) in the movie there will also be Kirk Conners again (with plenty of Lizard references thrown in) and Bruce Cambell's cameo for this movie will be Quentin Beck (Mysterio). :shocked: Interesting news if any of it is true.

Kidhuman
02-24-2006, 08:30 AM
Origin of the Black suit:

Spidey goes off to Secret Wars, gets the Alien suit. Comes back and it starts to take over him. The only way to get rid of it is decibel range. He goes to t abell tower and has the bell go off. The suit leaves and attatches itself to Eddie Brock, who then becomes Venom. He hates Spiderman with a passion and the only thing he has in common is saving others lives and will fight along side spidey to save the lives of others(as seen in the ultimate carnage seies.)

mabudonicus
02-24-2006, 09:39 AM
man, when I first saw that pic, all's I could think was "there's his one leg, theres the other and there's.... ANOTHER LEG???"
then I fugred out that leg #2 was just the gargoyle he is sittin on... still, it took me a bit to figure it out (and my first thoughts I can't post here neither)
:beard:

2-1B
02-24-2006, 01:40 PM
you're right 'donnie, Spidey be packin'

Blue, Black, these movies aren't that good in the first place so I don't care what color it is. lol

2-1B
02-27-2006, 01:57 AM
Looks to be a definite Black Suit if Wizard is already doing polls on it. :p

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazines/wizard/WZ20060224-spidey.cfm

DarkArtist
03-09-2006, 12:07 PM
just was @ (deleted) and saw the Spidey 3 trailer. looks awesome. Venom, Hob Goblin, black suited spidey. check it out. it's under the heading for March 9th.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-09-2006, 12:31 PM
Yeah, hate to be a buzzkill, but that trailer is a fake. Really really fake. Clips of spidey 1 and 2 with different colors and such. Yeah, not real. Sorry Dark Artist. :(

and i had to delete that link to the site because it has some HIGHLY inappropriate material. Sorry.

DarkArtist
03-09-2006, 02:50 PM
I can understand the deletion of the link, forgot about some of the content and all, but the trailer looked so real. True some of it was taken from spidey 1& 2 but still the seens with Venom looked real enough. also the website has had other trailers such as Pirates of the Carribean 2 and Superman 2 even Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Perhaps it is a teaser that wasn't quite finished yet.

James Boba Fettfield
03-09-2006, 02:54 PM
Can anyone PM the link to it? I'm always interested in seeing fan-made trailers.

darthvyn
06-11-2006, 02:40 PM
so for those of you interested, i managed to get some pics of the filming in foley sq. park near city hall yesterday...

http://wallcrawlersweb.com/photos/main.php?g2_itemId=50

it was pretty cool! i also have a few shots from the filming near wall street last weekend in the gallery there.

JimJamBonds
06-11-2006, 03:01 PM
Cool pics there Vyn! :thumbsup:

darthvyn
06-12-2006, 01:44 PM
thanks, yeah... it was pretty cool. i could've gotten some pics of spidey (not sure whether it was stunt double or tobey) but i had a lot to do this past weekend. hopefully they do some filming up at columbia university, since i work there three days a week!

darthvyn
06-24-2006, 12:19 PM
some more spider-man 3 pics... obviously, these contain a moderate amount of spoilers...

CLICK! (http://wallcrawlersweb.com/photos/main.php?g2_itemId=143)

mabudonicus
06-26-2006, 10:17 AM
well, now's I know that "streetcar named desire" is on the marquee I don't think I have to see this film , thanls Vyn :D

Although I am guessing that the movies named are a bit of a jokey reference to the last film- streetcar on the waterfront kinda-thing

Rocketboy
06-27-2006, 11:08 AM
Trailer? Did somebody say trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoE1JXeGFqE)?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-27-2006, 12:02 PM
that looks officially delicious! I can't wait to see the official one today. Booya!

Kidhuman
06-27-2006, 12:06 PM
A tad small but from what I saw....DIZAMMMMMM!!!!!

Rocketboy
06-27-2006, 04:02 PM
The real deal is up!
http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/spider-man_3/index.html

:mabs:

darthvyn
06-27-2006, 04:32 PM
HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP!!!!! THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!

now to wait just a year...

BanthaPoodoo
06-27-2006, 04:36 PM
That sandman looked totally killer!!! Can not wait a whole year to see it!!

Rocketboy
06-27-2006, 04:43 PM
HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP!!!!! THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!

now to wait just a year...Good news: It's not a year. It's 11 months.

Bad news: It's 11 freakin' months!

darko666
06-27-2006, 07:01 PM
Good news: It's not a year. It's 11 months.

Bad news: It's 11 freakin' months!

it will go by fast. and we will have to enjoy this Spider-Man movie since it will be the last with the original cast.

as for the trailer, i'm liking the black suit. not liking the way Harry looks as the Green Goblin, he seems to be wearing a green paintball mask. i was hoping for an actual goblin mask. but hollywood loves to screw things up.
Sandman is going to be bliss on the screen. and as much as i could care less about Venom(not shown in the teaser trailer), it will be cool to see him at the end of the film. at least they gave him the big white spider symbol like he deserves. although there is the mysterious 4th villain who has yet to be revealed, but Sony will soon release the info, but i'm hoping it's Parker that is the villain fighting with his inner self. to many villains will be overkill.

Rocketboy
06-27-2006, 07:22 PM
not liking the way Harry looks as the Green Goblin, he seems to be wearing a green paintball mask. i was hoping for an actual goblin mask. but hollywood loves to screw things up.Could be worse. Could be the mask from Spider-man 1.

although there is the mysterious 4th villain who has yet to be revealed, but Sony will soon release the info, but i'm hoping it's Parker that is the villain fighting with his inner self. to many villains will be overkill.I smell either:
Lizard, who has been established with Dr. Conners
or
Mysterio - not sure why though.

jjreason
06-28-2006, 12:34 AM
I concur, it will be the Lizard - though I don't think he's going to play much of a role in this episode (one of the villains will have to be a set-up job for the fourth movie - they can't bail on this cash cow, even if they need to recast the main roles).

I LOVED the teaser, the black goo was just as freaky as all getout. I had always envisioned it as being more "deep" black, as opposed to an oily reflective substance..... but it moved perfectly.

darko666
06-28-2006, 01:18 AM
one of the villains will have to be a set-up job for the fourth movie

envisioned it as being more "deep" black, as opposed to an oily reflective substance..... but it moved perfectly.

Venom is the villain leading into the 4th movie.

and Sam "Evil Dead" Raimi knows how to make symbiote greatness.

also, i don't want to ruin anything about the movie or possible villain news, but Bruce Cambells character in the new movie will be none of than... we'll you'll see.

Rocketboy
06-28-2006, 11:07 AM
Actually, Venom is one of the 3 in 3: Sandman, Venom, and the Harry-Goblin.

Phantom-like Menace
06-28-2006, 12:16 PM
it will go by fast. and we will have to enjoy this Spider-Man movie since it will be the last with the original cast.

I understood Maguire was signed from the beginning for five movies, and I figured based on that they went ahead and signed all of the principles for five. That's incorrect? I hope it's incorrect. I'm really getting sick of the three-movie cycle Hollywood's stuck in. No, I realize a fourth movie is a lock, but I can already hear, "The trilogy really does tell the beginning, middle and end of the story." Shut up. Star Wars did it and now so are you.

Otherwise, I can't believe there aren't more comments on this trailer.

Hic sunt SPOILERS!

I am not surprised that we are leading up to Venom, but I would have put money on not getting solid confirmation this early on. I figured the inky goop enveloping the red and blue suit background at the beginning was all of the coy maybe, maybe not we were going to get. But when the Venom symbiote reaches out and grabs Parker's arm I spit out a curse word and nearly jumped out of my computer chair. And finally at the end of the trailer we see Spider-Man in a bell tower with Eddie Brock down below! My roommate clapped, I all but started singing the animated series' theme song. I've heard that Venom is only briefly seen at the very end of the film. Totally awesome. Sam Raimi is the man!

Rocketboy
06-28-2006, 12:24 PM
I understood Maguire was signed from the beginning for five movies, and I figured based on that they went ahead and signed all of the principles for five. That's incorrect? I hope it's incorrect. I'm really getting sick of the three-movie cycle Hollywood's stuck in. No, I realize a fourth movie is a lock, but I can already hear, "The trilogy really does tell the beginning, middle and end of the story." Shut up. Star Wars did it and now so are you.I've only heard the principal cast was only signed for three. As for why the three movie deals - apparently its pretty hard, almost impossible, to get anyone to sign on for more than that. It's a pretty big commitment for the actors, which can limit other roles.
I would almost think that studios wouldn't want to sign for more than three anyway. Most movie series that end up hitting #4 get old.
Also, today's big special effects movies take up to three years to get made, meaning 15 long years for those involved with a 5 picture deal.

2-1B
06-28-2006, 01:14 PM
PLM, you want comments on the trailer? OK. :D

I hope this is it for the current cast, I'd like them to get somebody better than Tobers in that role...Jake Gyllenhal would have been better back when there were rumors of Mags dropping out and being replaced. Dafoe was ridiculous as the Goblin (not his fault) but Molina was a great Doc Ock in the last one. Too bad he was one and done, though. :( Instead we get multiple pictures from Tobe and Dunst. :dead:

Phantom-like Menace
06-28-2006, 01:18 PM
Also, today's big special effects movies take up to three years to get made, meaning 15 long years for those involved with a 5 picture deal.

I can accept that, assuming some of them aren't filmed at the same time, but if three movies are easier than five, two or one is even easier. But Hollywood is stuck in trilogy mode, so they go to three.

Edit:

I hope this is it for the current cast, I'd like them to get somebody better than Tobers in that role...Jake Gyllenhal would have been better back when there were rumors of Mags dropping out and being replaced. Dafoe was ridiculous as the Goblin (not his fault) but Molina was a great Doc Ock in the last one. Too bad he was one and done, though. :( Instead we get multiple pictures from Tobe and Dunst.

You gleaned all of that from the trailer?

2-1B
06-28-2006, 01:52 PM
Watching the trailer, I was reminded of that. Yes. lol

darthvyn
06-28-2006, 02:17 PM
I hope this is it for the current cast, I'd like them to get somebody better than Tobers in that role...Jake Gyllenhal would have been better back when there were rumors of Mags dropping out and being replaced. Dafoe was ridiculous as the Goblin (not his fault) but Molina was a great Doc Ock in the last one. Too bad he was one and done, though. :( Instead we get multiple pictures from Tobe and Dunst. :dead:

i just don't understand how you type in that straight jacket...

JediTricks
06-28-2006, 05:01 PM
I'm kinda not digging how the trailer shows Tobey Maguire's performance, I'm starting to feel like he's possibly overstayed his welcome as Peter Parker, he worked for me in the first 2 but here... I dunno. Especially weird is how Topher Grace seems way better for the part, he's a little more handsome but still believable as a geeky kid, and he's a little funnier but still has some acting chops. I still can't see him as Eddie Brock, I'm not familiar with the Ultimate Spider-Man version of him and Venom, which I gather is the version the film is using for the characters.

The Sandman stuff feels like something we've seen in other movies, 1999's The Mummy comes immediately to mind. I hope there's an actual character there.

All in all, the trailer does its job well, but I'm hesitant what they're doing with the story. And Kirsten Dunst is still freaky ugly!

El Chuxter
06-28-2006, 05:38 PM
JT, you are the pickiest man alive when it comes to ladies. :p

darko666
06-28-2006, 06:18 PM
Actually, Venom is one of the 3 in 3: Sandman, Venom, and the Harry-Goblin.

don't get to excited to see Venom in action.

*spolier*

he is only in the last 10 minutes of the film as told by Sony Pictures. but i guess it would still count as an enemy. i stil think Parker is a villain in his own right.

darthvyn
06-28-2006, 10:31 PM
i created a breakdown of the entire trailer at my spidey site...

HERE! (http://wallcrawlersweb.com/photos/main.php?g2_itemId=280)

you really get a lot more detail when looking at stills than you do watching it at full speed... there's some pretty cool stuff in there...

El Chuxter
06-29-2006, 09:33 AM
Now that I've seen this, HOLY CARP!! The suit looks like it will be the focus of all or most of the film, which is good. Anything else will be short shrift.

Topher looks decidedly un-Foreman-like. He should be a convincing Venom.

This was the second best superhero dealio I saw on the big screen last night. :)

JediTricks
06-29-2006, 04:54 PM
JT, you are the pickiest man alive when it comes to ladies. :pNot at all, but Kirsten Dunst is one of the fugliest people I've ever seen in my life that the general public claims is attractive. Just because she had that wet t-shirt scene in SM1 showing off her saggy bust doesn't mean she's hot.

Vyn, your link was bad, you had http:http:// on it so it didn't work, I fixed.

darthvyn
06-29-2006, 05:02 PM
Not at all, but Kirsten Dunst is one of the fugliest people I've ever seen in my life that the general public claims is attractive. Just because she had that wet t-shirt scene in SM1 showing off her saggy bust doesn't mean she's hot.

she wasn't saggy in the first one... definitely in the second, though...

Vyn, your link was bad, you had http:http:// on it so it didn't work, I fixed.

thanks! don't know what happened there...

Phantom-like Menace
06-30-2006, 12:10 AM
I'm surprised to see so much dislike for the cast. I've not had the first problem with Maguire as Parker. In fact if I really had to come up wtih one constant problem I have with these movies, it's that Spider-Man is almost (I say almost) bereft of smart-*** comments.

As for Dunst, I certainly couldn't describe her as fugly or even especially unattractive, though I don't think she's especially attractive either. My biggest complaint about her is that she's too skinny. Now Dunst as Mary Jane. Well, Mary Jane is supposed to be model-hot, so we're not even close with Dunst, but at the same time, M.J. is not written as being model-hot in the movies but just the girl next door.

darthvyn, thanks for the breakdown. I'd read on this thread that Harry had an odd mask, and that was the first I really saw of it on your site. All of my local friends and I (none of them actually local to this godforsaken city) are really looking forward to seeing the trailer on the big screen with Superman.

darko666
06-30-2006, 03:35 PM
darthvyn: thanks for the shot breakdown. that Green Goblin suit makes the first one look great. and thats not a good thing. why is he wearing a paintball mask? they ruined my fav spiderman villain again.

General_Grievous
06-30-2006, 04:14 PM
This was a great trailer. I loved the Black Spidey shots. I'm not too crazy about the new Goblin costume, but at least he doesn't look like a Power Ranger. This will definitely be the most anticipated movie of '07.

darthvyn
06-30-2006, 09:10 PM
darthvyn: thanks for the shot breakdown. that Green Goblin suit makes the first one look great. and thats not a good thing. why is he wearing a paintball mask? they ruined my fav spiderman villain again.

i'm hoping it's an "interim" costume, and it develops into more of the comic book version later on... like, as he continues to go off the deep end. hopefully they have the norman "ghost" chiding him on and belittling him all the while. that's what i loved from the buscema spectacular spider-man series. he did the best tortured harry ever...

darko666
06-30-2006, 09:49 PM
i'm hoping it's an "interim" costume, and it develops into more of the comic book version later on... like, as he continues to go off the deep end.

yeah, that would make some sense. i have my fingers crossed. i know the movie will be great none the less, but i really want to see an actual goblin mask.

i'm sure they will have Normans voice talking to Harry. it would add to Harrys mental frustration towards killing off Parker.

JediTricks
07-01-2006, 12:59 AM
i'm hoping it's an "interim" costume, and it develops into more of the comic book version later on... like, as he continues to go off the deep end. hopefully they have the norman "ghost" chiding him on and belittling him all the while. that's what i loved from the buscema spectacular spider-man series. he did the best tortured harry ever...Yeah, the costume is once again a real turkey, this one doesn't even feel like they pretended to take it seriously, very "meh". As for it getting better, dunno about that...

*SPOILER HIGHLIGHT TIME* I have read from several sources that Harry gets killed fairly early in the movie*end spoiler*

mabudonicus
07-01-2006, 08:23 AM
ahhh, that spoiler is interesting- I wonder if it's "marvel-style" or "truly irreversible", I would bank on the former

I am really not too excited about that big gooey b#stard Venom, and I am NO fan of the "darker side of Spider Man" but there's a few things in the trailer that look okay- I imagine that the game will be real good, at least, from what got done with Spidey two which had only one villain, this thing is some SWEET videogame territory :beard:

JediTricks
07-01-2006, 03:18 PM
Mabs, so far the movies have been "irreversible" in that department which is something I've liked about them, they've always been somewhat grounded in reality.

I don't like Venom much either, and I hope they at least keep the silly alien origin stuff out and go with the Ultimate genetically-engineered-suit thing because that's as close to reality-grounded as Venom's gonna get.

Kidhuman
07-01-2006, 03:28 PM
They cant go with the whole origin of the suit with out doing Secret Wars.

I kind of liked Venom in the comics, but couldnt stand carnage.

General_Grievous
07-01-2006, 05:38 PM
Does it strike anyone else funny that they cast a natural blonde as MJ and a natural redhead as Gwen Stacy? Although I am impressed with Gwen in the trailer. She looks like she stepped from a comic panel. Can't wait to see Venom, even if it's only for ten minutes. But hey, all of Doc Ock's screentime in 2 probably only amounted to 15 minutes anyway. BTW KH, I'm loving the Buttafuoco 'tar. :D

darko666
07-01-2006, 08:04 PM
i think Raimi is following the Ultimate storyline in terms with Venom. i mean Brock looks more like the Ultimate version in the movie instead of the body builder from the orginal comics. i'm not a fan of Venom either, and i'm glad he isn't in the whole movie. it would seem to much for this one film to have Parker get the symbiote, use it, reject it and then have Brock obtain it, use it and go after Parker. the movie would have to be over 3 hours to make it somewhat workable. the Sandman is the only villain i'm looking foward too in this movie. Harry as the goblin looks horribe, but hopefully he does some evil things to make up for it.

darthvyn
07-01-2006, 09:04 PM
They cant go with the whole origin of the suit with out doing Secret Wars.

I kind of liked Venom in the comics, but couldnt stand carnage.

they could do the modified version from the animated series and have john jameson bring it back with him on the space shuttle... but it does seem like the "ultimate" version is the best way to go... a lot more streamlined and more timeframe appropriate (genetics, bio-weaponry...) personally, while i wished they hadn't rushed it (i was hoping for a nice silver-aged theme, sandman, chameleon or the rhino...) i am looking forward to what they do with the storyline. should prove to be interesting.

2-1B
07-01-2006, 10:20 PM
i just don't understand how you type in that straight jacket...

I know, sorry. :(

I feel like a prequel hater, only in the Spider-Man realm. :(

darthvyn
07-02-2006, 12:10 AM
eh, to each their own. only your own is wrong. :D

Phantom-like Menace
07-02-2006, 12:25 AM
Does it strike anyone else funny that they cast a natural blonde as MJ and a natural redhead as Gwen Stacy?

Before this post, I thought I was the only one who thought this was interesting. I suppose odds are we're the only ones.

General_Grievous
07-02-2006, 01:05 AM
Good to have some company. :)
Not at all, but Kirsten Dunst is one of the fugliest people I've ever seen in my life that the general public claims is attractive. Just because she had that wet t-shirt scene in SM1 showing off her saggy bust doesn't mean she's hot.
Then I take it you didn't see "Bring It On", JT? :p

2-1B
07-02-2006, 01:14 AM
eh, to each their own. only your own is wrong. :D

now YOU sound like a prequel hater. :crazed:

;)

:D

Phantom-like Menace
07-02-2006, 01:44 AM
Good to have some company. :)
Then I take it you didn't see "Bring It On", JT? :p

Well, I'll have to part ways here slightly. Being one who thinks Dunst is way too skinny, I prefer not to see her in swimsuits. Also, that movie starred the seriously attractive Eliza Dushku for whom I am quite the pathetic and oftentimes drooling fanboy, so I had little interest in ogling Dunst.

JediTricks
07-02-2006, 02:36 AM
Then I take it you didn't see "Bring It On", JT? :pSeen it? Why, I nominated it for the latest movie-burning. :D No, I felt they stole enough of my life by just subjecting me to the trailers.

Rocketboy
07-02-2006, 05:48 PM
Kirsten Dunst is hot...if you think Snaggletooth (http://www.wwtdd.com/images/kd58.shtml) is sexy.

Jedibill
07-03-2006, 12:12 AM
could Venom and Sandman somehow be conneted in this movie, I mean they both can morph and change shape to me Venom and Sandman are alot alike and in the movie Venom is not an Alien saving the whole secertwar story line from having to be told. lets say Sandman was the result of some lab experiment and Venom was the Mistake or leftover goo.

darko666
07-03-2006, 02:05 AM
your whole lab experiment theory is what Raimi might be using for his venom storyline. it follows more closely with the Ultimate Spiderman storyline which Raimi seems to be following with the casting of Topher Grace as Brock.

Jedibill
07-03-2006, 02:29 PM
your whole lab experiment theory is what Raimi might be using for his venom storyline. it follows more closely with the Ultimate Spiderman storyline which Raimi seems to be following with the casting of Topher Grace as Brock.

cool it was just a guess I've never even read any of the ultimate Spider-man comics stop collecting comics years before that comic started up, I may have to go and pick that story up never liked the whole Alien thing anyway, But always loved the Black Costume almost as much as Cosmic Spide J/K :)

Yea not real crazy about the look of the New Green Goblin either reminds me of someone else in marvel universe but can't rememeber who.

anyway still can't wait to see it.

2-1B
07-04-2006, 02:35 PM
sweet, that's awesome of Raimi to give Zutton a role in his SpiderTrilogy. :cool:

darthvyn
07-08-2006, 02:04 PM
sony pictures has released a cool shockwave object to add to your webpage, myspace, or blog account that counts down the days, hours, months, minutes and seconds until Spidey-3 comes out... i put it on the homepage of my spidey site - check it out in the link in my sig!

JediTricks
07-08-2006, 04:44 PM
AICN linked to what could be a major spoiler, but I'm really hoping is just the symbiote screwing with Peter's dreams. I don't even want to say what it is because it's one of those moments that, if real, would make or break stuff for certain folks. I wouldn't suggest viewing these SPOILERAGE, especially if you won't be able to handle wondering about how this will work for the next 10 months. The spoiler photos h (http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=gls====197373&nbc1=1)ere, I don't suggest you view them if you value your sanity.

2-1B
07-09-2006, 01:46 AM
JT, what pics are we looking at, have they updated that page since you linked to it?

I'm curious to know some spoilerage. :D

mabudonicus
07-09-2006, 09:09 AM
Oh, I think the first page (as it is right now) gives enough away, Caesar

Let's just say that it would take some odd timeline tweaks to make the scenes pictured even happen, let alone happen in Spidey 3

That is damn odd JT, I'm sure it will be pure "messin with Peter", even if it's presented as a flashback...

2-1B
07-09-2006, 12:44 PM
I just looked again and I think I know what you mean, are you referring to a certain character? :D

If so, I don't know what the big deal is...I mean, don't they do that kind of stuff in comic books all the time? :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-09-2006, 03:26 PM
alright, i'll say thsi once and it primarily contends to newcomers and not you old timers: NO SPOILERS until the film actually opens. Por favor. I read htis thread for trailer info and any sorta casting rumors and random pics, but anything HUGE AND SPOILER infected, please don't really talk about out loud. I know you're behaving, but still, a warning. I don't want to be spoiled about this flick. :crazed:

El Chuxter
07-09-2006, 03:39 PM
Why not? If it's like the first two, if you've ever read a Spider-Man comic, you'll know the whole story. :D

2-1B
07-09-2006, 04:01 PM
So...do we need to start a new thread for spoilers, then? :)

JediTricks
07-09-2006, 06:48 PM
JT, what pics are we looking at, have they updated that page since you linked to it?

I'm curious to know some spoilerage. :DFine, I'll do it in spoiler-highlight text...

*** SPOILER HIGHLIGHT START! ***
-
It's Uncle Ben at his death scene from SM1 but now besides the crook who killed Ben is Sandman, either morphing from the crook or a partner or just standing around, but somehow Sandman becomes involved in an integral scene in Spider-man's creation.
-
*** END SPOILER ***

If so, I don't know what the big deal is...I mean, don't they do that kind of stuff in comic books all the time? :DNot with origin stuff, no. It's like in - '89 Batman where the Joker created Batman by killing his parents instead of Joe Chill-, except in a sequel which is even more offensive as the convenience meter pegs off the chart. :p

Why not? If it's like the first two, if you've ever read a Spider-Man comic, you'll know the whole story. :DExcept with this spoiler, clearly it's not the case.

I'm going to keep using spoiler-highlight text in this thread for now, no reason to start a new thread if we all keep careful about what we say. If you want to use invisotext as well, it's just a color code around the post:

{color=f0eded]this is where the text would be invisible.{/color]

(replace the "{" with "[" of course)

If you guys really don't want us posting about that stuff, let us know and I'll start that spoilery thread.

2-1B
07-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Gottcha Jt, thanks. :) The first time I looked at that page I didn't even realize it was Uncle Ben. :D then Mabs said whatever he said, so I double checked and noticed it was Uncle Ben this time. I still didn't realize WTF you were talking about. :D I thought you were talking about Uncle Ben being ALIVE, so I figured meh, they do that all the time in the comics where they bring people back from the dead. Reminds me of another genre that does that...daytime soap operas. :D This invisi-text rocks ! :grin:

JediTricks
07-09-2006, 07:11 PM
Ah, ok. I see why you'd think it wasn't so big a deal, though IMO with that character and in this movie series it'd be a pretty big deal as it's a line the Spidey movie universe hasn't crossed yet. So now the question really is, is this a true flashback or just Venom screwing with Pete's mind? I'm hoping for the latter, the former would be too much coincidence for me.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-10-2006, 08:54 PM
Just PM answer me with a simple "YES" or "NO."

Does it have a clone of Parker? Cos if there are Parker clones, oh Lord, i might scream.

El Chuxter
07-10-2006, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the spoiler, Mr No-Spoilers. :mad:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-10-2006, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the spoiler, Mr No-Spoilers. :mad:

what spoiler? i'm askinkg somebody a simple question! I have no clue what it is, but the idea that JT said something about Keeping the sanity reminded me of how insane we ALL were diong the Clone saga. I'm still just as clueless as the rest of you guys!!

Relax, Chux! Down boy! :whip:

General_Grievous
07-11-2006, 12:16 AM
Well, I'll have to part ways here slightly. Being one who thinks Dunst is way too skinny, I prefer not to see her in swimsuits. Also, that movie starred the seriously attractive Eliza Dushku for whom I am quite the pathetic and oftentimes drooling fanboy, so I had little interest in ogling Dunst.
I liked ogling Eliza Dushku more also, but where did she go? Did she disappear? The last movie she was in was that crappy Wrong Turn. Come back, Eliza!

JediTricks
07-11-2006, 04:39 PM
I said nothing about clones. Believe me, if there had been anything about the clone saga in this, there's no way in hell I'd relegate it to spoiler invisotext, I'd be complaining out loud like crazy. I think I can say this in public because it's an anti-spoiler, damage control.

Rocketboy
07-22-2006, 11:41 PM
VENOM!

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/spiderman3/site/

Open Menu
Desktop
Wallpaper 2

Or click (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/Rocketboy78/Spider-man%203/sm3_wp2_1280x1024.jpg)

Phantom-like Menace
07-23-2006, 12:16 AM
VENOM!

Cool little tease. Thanks for the link.

darthvyn
07-23-2006, 07:51 AM
SuperHeroHype (http://superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=4553) has coverage of the Sony Pictures panel a SDCC yesterday where almost the entire cast showed up... read at the link above.

JediTricks
07-23-2006, 03:17 PM
What's with the crazy fake teeth in that photo?

El Chuxter
07-24-2006, 12:59 AM
Christ, that scene was amazing at Comic-Con. They showed a mock, unfinished trailer and, just when it looked like it was over, Topher Grace was on his knees in the church. "Please kill Peter Parker," he prayed. And then the symbiote. And the transformation. Mark my words, this movie will rock. That moment was the high point of Comic-Con. Even moreso than the Pirates 3 clip and the TMNT teaser. I really wish it was online so the rest of you could see it now.

darko666
07-27-2006, 07:33 PM
the venom clip was online, but it got pulled a few hours after it was posted. luckily i saw it before it got deleted. def looks cool, but i'm more interested in seeing Sandman wreck some havoc, since he is the main villain and Harry is nothing more than an obstacle for Parker.

General_Grievous
07-28-2006, 01:42 PM
I saw a fuzzy pic of Venom online, but ultimately I haven't really seen anything more than Chux's 'tar. But I think this is gonna be superhero movie to end all superhero movies. Oh, and one other thing....http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0132257/ Scroll down to see Bruce's Spidey 3 role.

El Chuxter
07-28-2006, 02:01 PM
Man, that'd be sweet!

Rocketboy
07-28-2006, 02:54 PM
I've heard that elsewhere. Pretty cool.

2-1B
07-30-2006, 03:47 AM
What's the deal with that character? I don't know anything about him. :)
(so I guess that fits his name then, huh? :crazed:)

This Spidey 3 is starting to feel like maybe they're cramming in too many comic book characters. X-Men 3 anybody? :D :D :D

mabudonicus
07-30-2006, 07:55 AM
He's a special effects man from Hollywood who goes bad, basically, no powers but tons of FX and he's pretty good at forcing "plotlines" on folks

The way I sees it, and from what I've read, the multiple characters will be a strength, not a weakness- the 3 villains who are NOT Venom will be much of the film, and the characters should work out pretty good, sandman, the deranged Harry Osborn as whatever "goblin" he turns out to be, and Beck are all a bit less "focussed" as baddies... Harry is a one-note "spidey drove me MAD" guy (and by all accounts is not really in the film too much as his "bad guy" alter ego) Sandman is/should be a hired goon of Harry, and Beck could just be getting set up, OR if Raimi is smart, he will be yet another bit player, he'll have something to contribute but he won't have much of the "drive" that the previous Spidey villains do

To be more clear, none of the characters will suck like say Iceman.. The particular characters chosen can be worked in well- Beck, f'rinstance, does noy necessarily need much backstory, Harry's is taken care of and Sandman is basically a thug, it would be kind of impossible to makre any one of those three into a single movie... add all this to the Venom plot which is woven throughout and I think it should be totally awesome- I would put money on the fact that by the end, you will not be wondering "who was who" or wishing that you'd seen more of one or the other. As a silver-age Spidey fan, I am REALLY impressed at how this film is shaping up, regardless of how silly I may think Venom is :beard:

General_Grievous
07-30-2006, 02:58 PM
With four villains, how long is this movie going to be? I'll be very surprised if it clocks in at less than two and a half hours.

darko666
07-30-2006, 05:32 PM
Spiderman 3 villains:
Sandman(main villain)
Harry(secondary villain)
Venom(small part)
Peter Parker(confirmed by SONY)

Bruce Campbell as Quentin Beck is a great add on to the movie, but is similar to Dr. Curtis Connors in Spider-Man 2. the part will most likely have nothing to do with the main plot. But it would be cool to see Bruce mess with Parker again like he did in the previous movies.

Rocketboy
07-30-2006, 09:26 PM
To be more clear, none of the characters will suck like say Iceman.Just when I thought you'd go for a Dr. Doom slam, you pull the rug out from under me and play the Iceman card.

2-1B
07-31-2006, 12:14 AM
That makes you Goose to mabs' Iceman.

mabudonicus
07-31-2006, 07:40 AM
Just when I thought you'd go for a Dr. Doom slam, you pull the rug out from under me and play the Iceman card.
Doom's too easy, and with all the talk about doom somehow being the main baddie in the second FF film I can hardly stand to think about it... and swearing aloud after the 10 second of Iceman is still fresh in my mind, too :beard:

And GG- I think the whole "Peter is his own worst enemy" thing will be most of the plot, with all of the named villains being more like window dressing or packing peanuts- Unlike, say, Batman and Robin, where the viewer was left trying to figure out what the damn thing was supposed ro even BE, Spidey 3 should be pretty clear, as none of the baddies are particularly dangerous (maybe Sandman but if he's done silver age he ain't too tough, the later multidimensional one would be a bigger threat but I doubt that would be the route Raimi rakes)

I sure hope we get a bit more Beck than say Doc Connors, hopefully we'll at least see him in costumne-I have a feeling that he'll be introduced about halfway through, and I think if everything I've heard is true, he will follow his Original origin, where he introduces himself as a "real hero" and vows to defeat spiderman to "save" NY from him- this element would add to Peter's troubled mental state, and could be done with cut scenes and stuff mostly, you know, like on TVs and the ever present Daily Bugle covers....

Bruce better get a few lines and maybe one little action scene- thing with Beck is that it really depends on how ya wanna use him, once Spidey gets anywhere NEAR him he's usually toast, so a big "defining" battle would be unnecessary... we'll see, but I am officially getting more excited with this film

Phantom-like Menace
07-31-2006, 08:00 AM
I think the whole "Peter is his own worst enemy" thing will be most of the plot, with all of the named villains being more like window dressing or packing peanuts

This is how I imagine it going down too. Hee, hee, packing peanuts. I like that one.

El Chuxter
07-31-2006, 08:32 AM
As long as Venom is handled better than Bane was in Batman and Robin. Of course, it would be impossible not to. It still p***es me off that they took the one villain to deduce Batman's identity the first time he saw Bruce Wayne and turned him into a monosyllabic idiot.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-05-2006, 10:28 AM
I guess this Thursday, MTV is going to premiere the new trailer during a show called, "The Duel." The trailer will air between 10-10:30 pm. I guess I have to watch MTV for some random reason now. :crazed:

Unless of course, it leaks beforehand, which I'm sure it will. :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
11-06-2006, 12:42 AM
And there's always youtube.

JediTricks
11-06-2006, 03:17 AM
AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! MTV my aunt fanny!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-08-2006, 10:14 AM
I know this'll be hard to do for ya, JT, cheer up cos EVERYBODY seems to be airing it. Stolen from SHH:

"Spider-Man fans will get a long-awaited sneak peek at Columbia Pictures' highly anticipated motion picture Spider-Man 3 when a new, full-length, two-and-a-half minute trailer debuts in a special unprecedented "road block" across Viacom Inc.'s brands and on the CBS Television Network on Thursday, November 9, at approximately 10:00 pm. Spider-Man 3, starring Tobey Maguire and directed by Sam Raimi, kicks off next summer's moviegoing season on May 4, 2007.

The television networks airing the new trailer include BET, CBS, Comedy Central, Logo, MTV, MTV2, Spike TV and VH1, with each supporting the event with custom promotions both on-air and online. A total of 14 online destinations from Viacom's networks are supporting the airing of the trailer, including AddictingGames.com, AddictingClips.com, BET.com, MTV.com, IFILM.com, Nick.com, ComedyCentral.com, GameTrailers.com, LOGOonline.com, Neopets.com, SpikeTV.com, The-N.com, VH1.com, and Xfire.com" :thumbsup:

JediTricks
11-08-2006, 03:32 PM
Super! I gather it'll be OFFICIALLY on the web on Thursday anyway as well.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-09-2006, 10:11 PM
That was deliciously fantastic!!! It looks to be a really great flick, although i'm not sure if i like how they seem to have changed Sandman's origins to be Ben's killer. I hope Raimi has something up his sleeve to explain that, hopefully that the two guys were working together and Sandman ran off when it got hairy.

But still, awesome.

Dl the trailer (s) here:
480p - *67 meg Quicktime*

http://download.ifilm.com/s3_test/Sp...ailer_480p.mov

720p - *130 meg Quicktime*

http://download.ifilm.com/s3_test/Sp...ailer_720p.mov

1080p - *217 meg Quicktime*

http://download.ifilm.com/s3_test/Sp...iler_1080p.mov

Enjoy! :crazed:

Kidhuman
11-10-2006, 12:17 AM
Links not working JMG

Phantom-like Menace
11-10-2006, 12:49 AM
although i'm not sure if i like how they seem to have changed Sandman's origins to be Ben's killer

My friends and I think it would be cool if the symbiote is altering Spider-Man's perception of his uncle's death. We think it would be pretty cool if Spidey wants to bring Lowell from Wings to justice and the symbiote wants him to kill Lowell, so the symbiote makes Spidey think Lowell killed Uncle Ben and Spidey goes murderous on the guy, kills him, then heads to that notorious bell tower in a "what did I do" moment to try to get rid of the suit.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-10-2006, 01:46 AM
Links not working JMG

http://www.ifilm.com/presents/spiderman3

New link. :thumbsup:

jonthejedi
11-10-2006, 05:15 AM
I caught the trailer on South Park last night...didn't realize it was on all those different networks simult. Awesome!

Kidhuman
11-10-2006, 07:06 AM
That works JMG and I cant wait for this movie to come out.

El Chuxter
11-10-2006, 09:26 AM
I'm very surprised that they're still keeping Venom under wraps. He's going to be a big draw, and they showed him twice at Comic-Con.

General_Grievous
11-10-2006, 11:18 AM
What a great trailer, even with the absence of Venom. Looks like webhead's up for some heavy stuff. May can't get here fast enough.

darthvyn
11-10-2006, 12:17 PM
it's interesting... i'm kinda mixed on this one. basically it felt like the first trailer with some extra or alternate scenes, and some more exposition. i like that, because it doesn't give too much away - but i don't like that because it didn't give too much away!

i was surprised that there was nothing about venom as well... but it's cool to have something completely under wraps - makes it more worthwhile going to see the flick!

El Chuxter
11-10-2006, 12:19 PM
Except, like I said, they showed a good deal (okay, less than a minute) of Venom footage at Comic-Con. Knowing how popular he is, and that everyone in the world isn't on message boards like this and might not even know he's in the movie, a brief shot or two would've made sense.

Rocketboy
11-10-2006, 04:28 PM
I found these online (Filmwad maybe) the other day.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-10-2006, 05:19 PM
I found these online (Filmwad maybe) the other day.

Holy crap. awesome.........wait, what are they again?

and frankly, i'm shocked that with the clips shown of Venom at SDCC, not A ONE leaked?!?!? WTF!!! Throw me a bone here! I'm in ohio! I couldn't make the con! Show me a leaked clip, pic, anything! :crazed:

El Chuxter
11-10-2006, 05:25 PM
They're extremely strict during the Hollywood presentations at Comic-Con. They actually have security canvassing the place with infrared (?) goggles, who will ask you to destroy any footage and then leave.

JediTricks
11-10-2006, 06:42 PM
it's interesting... i'm kinda mixed on this one. basically it felt like the first trailer with some extra or alternate scenes, and some more exposition. i like that, because it doesn't give too much away - but i don't like that because it didn't give too much away!That's how I felt as well, it was a lot of random clips with very little story, and a LOT of misleading editing. But it did have entertainment factor and spidey is spidey. I hope there's an awesome video game in the works, Spider-Man 2 is such a great superhero game! Watching the trailer for SM3 here made me want to play more Spidey 2.

We'd heard about it before, but seeing it in the trailer, I'm not down with Sandman killing Ben Parker at all, it's a cheap copout that better be misleading, 2 movies where Spidey avenges his uncle's death is too damn much. I can take borrowing elements of the Ultimates version of Venom and skinny Peter Parker-wannabe Eddie Brock, but Sandman killing Uncle Ben and his converted rice... nuh uh!

DarkArtist
11-10-2006, 10:18 PM
Wow, what a trailer so looking forward to May 07 not sure if I like the look of Harry in the Goblin costume though and what's the deal with the snowboard ?

Phantom-like Menace
11-11-2006, 12:06 AM
I've finally seen the actual trailer.

It seems to go to great lengths to establish that Sandman did kill Uncle Ben. I'm with everyone here that that had better not be a fact. I'm also with everyone that I hope there is some twist that establishes that not to be the case. Maybe the cops are just wrong.

Spoiler!

Hic sunt spoilers!

Am I right in thinking the earlier spoiler we got was a flashback of Uncle Ben's killing with Sandman in it?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-11-2006, 12:13 AM
Am I right in thinking the earlier spoiler we got was a flashback of Uncle Ben's killing with Sandman in it?

Yeah, hi, could you keep any spoiler crap to a minimum or let us know or light font or something? That'd be great. thanks. :thumbsup:

Phantom-like Menace
11-11-2006, 01:13 AM
Yeah, hi, could you keep any spoiler crap to a minimum or let us know or light font or something? That'd be great. thanks. :thumbsup:

I've got no problem doing that but since

Spoiler space:

everyone just mentioned Sandman killed Uncle Ben, it seemed hiding the idea that Sandman killed Uncle Ben was a little late. I take it then I'm correct about the flashback?

Rocketboy
11-12-2006, 02:55 PM
The Comic-Con Venom Trailer. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5l9fEBs4m8)

It is almost the same trailer as the one one (the effects are not yet finished in this one). Wait until the end.

(If the trailer gets yanked, I grabbed a couple of screen caps)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-12-2006, 03:30 PM
The Comic-Con Venom Trailer. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5l9fEBs4m8)

It is almost the same trailer as the one one (the effects are not yet finished in this one). Wait until the end.

(If the trailer gets yanked, I grabbed a couple of screen caps)

Rocketboy, I love you. :crazed:

Bad-effin'-a--!!! Very very awesome indeed. I'll gladly post a screenshot, but I don't want Steve/the site getting beyatched at by Sony. JT- is it alright if i post a shot? :whip:

Rocketboy
11-12-2006, 05:15 PM
I highly doubt they'll get in a any trouble, but if does Sony happen to get ticked, they can blame me and remove 'em.

Tycho
11-12-2006, 05:40 PM
Have you all seen THIS:

I'm so excited for this Spider-Man movie - they just seem to keep getting better and better! I mean these films blow away what Batman Begins, Superman Returns, X-Men 3, Hulk, etc. all did. All these guys could probably kick the actual Spider-Man's butt, however his movies will be so far more successful than what's been done for these other Super Hero genres.

Kidhuman
11-12-2006, 06:31 PM
RB, thank you so much for that, it is great. I loved it and my kid was standing with mouth agape watching it.

El Chuxter
11-12-2006, 07:02 PM
Thank God someone caught that and posted it! Now the rest of you can see what I've been raving about for months. :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-12-2006, 07:15 PM
Have you all seen THIS:

I'm so excited for this Spider-Man movie - they just seem to keep getting better and better! I mean these films blow away what Batman Begins, Superman Returns, X-Men 3, Hulk, etc. all did. All these guys could probably kick the actual Spider-Man's butt, however his movies will be so far more successful than what's been done for these other Super Hero genres.

Yeah, about two pages back, Tycho. Arriving kinda late, are we? :thumbsup:

I got a screencap too; a bit closer of a shot. Venom is lookin' pretty nifty in this stage! I can't wait to see how he looks finished off on the big screen! :crazed:

JediTricks
11-12-2006, 09:20 PM
If they say something, we'll take it down.

BTW, here's how you do "highlight to read" spoiler text here:

::: spoiler text goes here :::

and it comes out looking like this:

::: spoiler text goes here :::

Rocketboy
11-12-2006, 11:39 PM
I got a screencap too; a bit closer of a shot. Venom is lookin' pretty nifty in this stage! I can't wait to see how he looks finished off on the big screen! :crazed:It's the same shot as the middle one I have, just cropped a bit more.
:thumbsup:

darthvyn
11-27-2006, 04:17 PM
just FYI, everyone, on Thanksgiving Fox aired spider-man 2, and interspersed with the commercial breaks were a series of interviews/previews of spidey 3... sony pictures put the short spots together in one .mov, there's a link here:

http://wallcrawlersweb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=207

El Chuxter
12-28-2006, 12:30 PM
The Scarlett Spider is appearing in Spider-Man 3!!

No joke!

In the trailer, near the beginning, you can spot him. It's in the second crowd scene, the shot with a bunch of kids. Several of the kids appear to be wearing SS's red t-shirt.

Nice touch, even if Ben Reilly should probably never show up for real in the films.

darthvyn
12-28-2006, 01:02 PM
The Scarlett Spider is appearing in Spider-Man 3!!

No joke!

In the trailer, near the beginning, you can spot him. It's in the second crowd scene, the shot with a bunch of kids. Several of the kids appear to be wearing SS's red t-shirt.

Nice touch, even if Ben Reilly should probably never show up for real in the films.

hrmm.... i hate to say "my geek is bigger than your geek" but, no... i don't believe you're correct... if you're talking about the shot of the kids attached, there actually is webbing on the shirts, the spider is up and down, not stretched diagonally across the torso, and in the comics, ben's original scarlet spider costume was a red unitard with a light BLUE hooded sweatshirt (with the arms and hood ripped off...) - their shirts are red.

http://www.alaph.com/spiderman/pictures/suits/scarlet.jpg

El Chuxter
12-28-2006, 01:19 PM
My bad; it's been years since I've paid attention to anything with Scarlet Spider.

I will concede that your geek is bigger than my geek. You can rest comfortable in that knowledge. :p

darthvyn
12-28-2006, 01:31 PM
My bad; it's been years since I've paid attention to anything with Scarlet Spider.

i have a fondness for him now... i think it was a good idea that got out of hand...

i think the closest you'll get to a clone in the movies is venom - topher's eddie brock looks like a clone of tobey's peter parker...

I will concede that your geek is bigger than my geek. You can rest comfortable in that knowledge. :p

oh, i do... i do!

JediTricks
12-29-2006, 05:30 PM
Thank you Vyn! For a second I was really afraid Chux might be right, that stuff has no place in this movie.

BTW, check out the confused entry for Scarlet Spider on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarlet_Spider

The first Scarlet Spider was NOT as many believe a clone of Spider-Man created by the Jackal. He was actually the original Peter Parker, but believed himself to be a clone. The Jackal created the clone to fight and defeat the original Spider-Man, but since the clone and Peter both shared the same memories they confused themselves in the battle. They assumed the winner must be the original Peter Parker and the actual Spider-Man. However, the clone actually won and went on through the years as Spider-Man. Since the original Peter lost the fight, he was left for dead and was dumped into a smoke stack of a factory. He escaped and assumed the alias of Ben Reilly. The name is a combination of his Uncle's first name and his Aunt's madien name. He wandered around aimlessly for five years. He returned to Spider-Man's home of New York, and found himself once again wanting to be a hero. He fashioned his own costume, and became the Scarlet Spider. He fought alongside his "brother" Spider-Man, and proved himself to be such a great hero, that Spider-Man asked him to watch over the city, while he and his wife tried to start a family. When his name was smeared by a second evil Scarlet Spider, he assumed the identity of Spider-Man, until his death at the hands of Norman Osborne.

El Chuxter
12-30-2006, 01:24 AM
Yeah, that's confused. The original premise was that the Spidey we'd known was a clone all along, but it went out the window, and at some point before Scarlet Spidey died, it was revealed all that was mistaken. I believe he actually melted like some of the other clones in that fiasco, right, vynnie?

Sad, really. I'm with vyn in thinking the idea had a lot of potential early on that was totally blown.

darthvyn
01-02-2007, 02:21 PM
Yeah, that's confused.

it's not so much confused as it is confusing... it's basically correct, except for the part that states the scarlet spider was the real spider-man...

The original premise was that the Spidey we'd known was a clone all along, but it went out the window, and at some point before Scarlet Spidey died, it was revealed all that was mistaken. I believe he actually melted like some of the other clones in that fiasco, right, vynnie?

yeah, basically... in spider-man #75 it's revealed that the whole clone plot was created by the green goblin, that ben reilly was the clone and then he died. at the hands of the green goblin. and then he disintegrated just to drive the point home that the peter parker we all knew and loved was the real one.

jonthejedi
01-03-2007, 04:36 AM
FX broadcast a special Sam Raimi reedited Spiderman 2 last night with a Sidey 3 trailer at the very end. A little more of Harry as the Goblin, but still no Venom. C'mon May 4th! My wife saw Night At The Museum, and said they had a newer Spidey 3 trailer along with FF4:Rise of the Silver Surfer(I wonder if that means they're going to have Galactus in the flick? I know Doc Doom is back).

bigbarada
01-03-2007, 05:05 AM
This is definitely shaping up to be the best superhero series ever. I actually had no idea that Venom was going to be in the movie. That's awesome! But I'm slightly worried that the movie might make the mistake of the Batman films and get cluttered with too many villians.

But, Sam Raimi has proven that he knows what he is doing, especially with Spider-Man 2, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Probably what I like most about these movies is that they focus on Peter Parker more than anything else. It's not like the Batman films, which are really more about the villains. Or the Superman films, where Clark Kent's appearances are just excuses for comedy. With Spider-Man you actually feel that Peter Parker is a real person dealing with the blessing/curse of having super-powers.

I could go on and on about how much I love these movies, but you get the idea and I'm definitely excited about Spider-Man 3! :thumbsup:

However, I'm a little unsure about the Sandman being resposible for Ben's death. That sounds a little weird right now, but I'm hoping it is a red herring in the plot that they are just exploiting for the trailers.

Kidhuman
01-03-2007, 05:41 AM
FX broadcast a special Sam Raimi reedited Spiderman 2 last night with a Sidey 3 trailer at the very end. A little more of Harry as the Goblin, but still no Venom. C'mon May 4th! My wife saw Night At The Museum, and said they had a newer Spidey 3 trailer along with FF4:Rise of the Silver Surfer(I wonder if that means they're going to have Galactus in the flick? I know Doc Doom is back).

I watched the trailer too, actually DVR'd it. The movie is shpaing up quite nice.

As for the FF trailer, on www.actionfigs.com the link to the trailer is there, so if you wanna see it just click the link and hunt it down

General_Grievous
01-06-2007, 11:03 AM
FX broadcast a special Sam Raimi reedited Spiderman 2 last night

Really? What was changed in the film?

jonthejedi
01-06-2007, 11:27 AM
They had a new prologue which was essentially clip recaps from Spiderman 1. Also added new scene snippets & extended scenes to pad out a 3 hour timeslot. After the fadeout shot of a worried MJ(as Spidey swings downtown), they dovetailed right into a Spidey 3 trailer.

Rocketboy
01-06-2007, 09:57 PM
I read that the Pete and MJ scene in May's backyard was recut.

General_Grievous
01-07-2007, 05:28 PM
The new cut is on FX again tonight at 7:00 EST. I'll stick around for the beginning at least, even though I've seen the movie way too many times already.

darthvyn
01-12-2007, 11:54 AM
HEY!!!! SideshowToys.com has Spidey 3 12" Medicom figures up for pre-order, including VENOM!!! Regard clicking the link below as a MAJOR spoiler!!!!!

More information at www.WallCrawlersWeb.com (http://www.wallcrawlersweb.com/article.php?id=6)

Rocketboy
01-12-2007, 05:51 PM
Nice. I'm glad they didn't bulk Venom up like he is in the comics (especially with Topher Grace under the suit).
I do miss the white logo on the chest though, but no big deal.

El Chuxter
01-12-2007, 06:02 PM
Forget it. If there's no big white spider on Venom's tummy, then to hell with this movie and this franchise! I'll be burning all my Spider-Man stuff when I get home!!

[/stupid fanboy imitation]

:)

darthvyn
01-12-2007, 09:40 PM
Forget it. If there's no big white spider on Venom's tummy, then to hell with this movie and this franchise! I'll be burning all my Spider-Man stuff when I get home!!

[/stupid fanboy imitation]

:)

Possible SPOILER below:

the spider is there, it's just not white.

end spoiler.

JediTricks
01-14-2007, 05:39 AM
I saw the pics when I got the sideshow newsletter, I have to say I was unimpressed, these are the first RAH figures I've ever felt "why?" about. The vinyl-looking outfits seem puffy and difficult to move about, and the heads being plastic flat-out sucks.

darthvyn
01-14-2007, 09:19 AM
i don't really care so much about the toys themselves - more just the fact that it's the first look at the venom design...

Tycho
01-26-2007, 03:23 AM
I can't wait for Spider-Man 3! It's still too far away.

There are 4 movies I plan to see this year so far:

Epic Movie
Fan Boys
Spider-Man 3
Transformers

Of all of these, I'm only CERTAIN that SPIDER-MAN 3 will be AWESOME without a doubt.

The 2 comedies might be stupid, and Transformers might rape my G1 childhood.

But Spider-Man is so going to rock!

General_Grievous
03-06-2007, 05:59 PM
NBC's got seven minutes of footage from the movie. Hurry and watch, it ends at 9 PM EST today. Though it'll probably be on youtube later. Spoilers ahead, obviously.

http://www.nbc.com/Spiderman/

El Chuxter
03-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Hopefully, given how just one villain kicks his sorry superhero butt here, the three together will kill him, no problem.

I hate do-gooders.

THIS I COMMAND!!

Tycho
03-06-2007, 06:56 PM
I got all the audio, but no video! :cry:

General_Grievous
03-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Hopefully, given how just one villain kicks his sorry superhero butt here, the three together will kill him, no problem.

I hate do-gooders.

THIS I COMMAND!!

Did you not see the end of the clip, Louie? I think the villain lost. :p

Oh, P.S. the movie's 156 minutes, according to its imdb page.:thumbsup:

And Tycho, try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LKsdU_nKO8

Tycho
03-06-2007, 09:16 PM
Thanks General Grievous! That looks to be the best movie of the year right there. I'm honestly more interested in the Green Goblin2 storyline and Harry Osbourne than the Venom stuff at this stage because it's all been so well set-up.

Spider-Man will no doubt merit repeat viewings on the big screen.

Transformers may or may not deliver but has me nervous.

2-1B
03-06-2007, 09:21 PM
I'm leaning toward thinking TF will NOT deliver.

Kidhuman
03-06-2007, 11:50 PM
I'm leaning toward thinking TF will NOT deliver.

Ditto............

General_Grievous
03-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Spider-Man does look like he could win the top spot this year, but he's got some competition from Shrek 3, Pirates 3, and Harry Potter.

Tycho
03-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Spider-Man does look like he could win the top spot this year, but he's got some competition from Shrek 3, Pirates 3, and Harry Potter.

That's not competition!

JediTricks
03-07-2007, 09:01 PM
Well, judging by Pirates 2's box office, the only reason it's not competition is because it'll OWN the '07 box office take.

I downloaded the massive quicktime movie, the video wouldn't play on my system because my CPU is 1.8ghz and the minimum required was 2ghz. Luckily there's a clean flash version of it up on a site called iKlipz (same type of flash-based videos as youtube): http://www.iklipz.com/MovieDetail.aspx?MovieID=6a058998-841c-42da-8484-ece6e729f4cb&PlayMovie=true