PDA

View Full Version : The coolest...no, COOLEST, Star Wars thing EVER!

stillakid
03-23-2005, 12:58 PM
No, I don't know what it is. That's what I'm asking you! :)

Perhaps this is a bit premature, coming before ROTS and all the ancillaries come out, but in your personal opinion, what has been the COOLEST Star Wars thing ever made?

It could be a toy, a mask, a costume, a trading card (or the whole box), a movie, a fanfilm, a toothbrush, a box of cereal, a model, a Tshirt...you get the idea...There have been thousands of things made in the image of or with the name Star Wars on it or related to it. In YOUR opinion, what has been the absolutely BEST and COOLEST Star Wars thing ever made and why.

And do you have it? If so, pix please! :D

If it's an interesting story, tell us how you got it.

Or if you don't, what you'd do to get it. :evil:

Maybe YOU made it yourself or it was custom from someone else. It doesn't just have to be an "official" product. Maybe it was an "ode" to Star Wars in another movie or tv show like the Simpsons or something else. Maybe you liked just one action figure...or the entire line. Or maybe you think that an action feature on a toy was the coolest idea ever. Whatever you want! It's YOUR choice.

The possibilities are endless and no answer can possibly be wrong, because YOU get to decide what YOU like the best.

So without further delay, bring it on! Let's hear what YOU think was the absolutely best and coolest Star Wars thing EVER!

El Chuxter
03-23-2005, 01:05 PM
I know I'm in a minority, but I still wish the Power FX X-Wing had been released while I was still young enough to play with it. . . and get away with it without embarrassment. :)

bobafrett
03-23-2005, 01:18 PM
You ask a very difficult question for me to answer. I've loved different parts of my collection, but I think I like the Stormtrooper armor I have the best. Why? Because I get to dress up as a Star Wars bad guy, and the kids love it, the adults love it, and I've made new friends that I thought were just a small scattered group. I also put the armor together from a kit, so I had to assemble the helmet myself, and am always modifying it, or polishing it.

I also really like the GG Stormtrooper busts as far as licensed merchandise goes.

Bobby Fett
03-23-2005, 05:52 PM
#3 on my list are the Stormtrooper/Darth Vader walkie-talkies.

#2 on my list is the Thinkway Darth Vader bank. I just like it.

#1 on my list is the Action Fleet remote control AT-AT. Why? Because everyone who visits the SW room plays with it.

My overall favorite toy is the old Aurora-brand flying plastic model of the Fokker D-7.

2-1B
03-24-2005, 01:58 AM
It's a tie between my new GG Bossk bust . . . and mabudon's Jar Jar mask. lol

Ji'dai
03-24-2005, 09:16 AM
I would say those Rubies life-size replicas of Darth Vader and Stormtrooper that came out in the mid-90s. I believe the Vader had an electronic light-up chest plate and stood over seven feet tall. I'd like to have the Vader and a couple Stormtroopers to flank him. I don't think I could ever plunk down fifteen grand to have gotten them though.

I think Rubies also made life-size replicas of Boba Fett, C-3PO, and an electronic light-up R2-D2 as well.

I have a life-size replica of Yoda from his ESB days, but it's by Illusive Concepts.

vader121
03-24-2005, 09:37 AM
All vintage ...
Toy Vehicle
At At
At St
X wing
Y wing
Tie Interceptor

Toy Figure
Boba Fett
Stormtrooper
Luke Bespin
Han Hoth
Han Bespin

Toy Playset
Imperial Hoth Attack set
Rebel Hoth Turret set
Death Star playset
Droid Factory
Cantina set

Kidhuman
03-24-2005, 09:46 AM
All of it. Every single figure and playset and vehicle

Slicker
03-24-2005, 11:35 AM
I'd have to say my SW birthday center piece. It's the cheesiest thing out there with little X-Wings and TIE Fighters on it. It was given to me by someone almost as a joke but as you can tell I didn't perceive it as such.

CaptainSolo1138
03-24-2005, 11:43 AM
Damn. Tough call. What does one base their merits on? Figure-wise, I'd have to say AT-ST pilot Han. Not only because it's a cool figure, but it ended a long standing argument (in my favor) with a friend about who called the Imperials out of the bunker . As far as vehicles go, I really like the OT Falcon. If I HAD to pick one thing to call my favorite, I'd have to say it's Han Solo Unleashed.

garbognar
03-24-2005, 10:10 PM
I think my favorite stuff is the promo stuff. I work at a theatre, so I have things like the sheets of the news paper ads, posters, exhibitor information booklets, and the film of the trailers. Sure its not the most exciting to look at, but its stuff that not many people have.

Rocketboy
03-25-2005, 01:54 AM
I'd have to say AT-ST pilot Han. Not only because it's a cool figure, but it ended a long standing argument (in my favor) with a friend about who called the Imperials out of the bunker.I assume you're referring to me (since you have no other friends ;)). I never said it wasn't Han, I just didn't know it was him, because I didn't think it didn't looked or sounded like Harrison. And it seemed like it would take too long to climb down from the AT-ST and change (if you base it on the figure's full suit and not just the helmet) before the Imperials showed up.

Anywhoo, I've got a few favorite Star Wars items.
Classic era: My Burger King glasses (AKA the fine China :D), and the Artoo, Threepio, and Luke Stormtrooper vintage figures.
Current era: The "Art of" books, my Unleashed figures, Vader with removeable helmet figure, and Episode I movie poster.

Jayspawn
03-25-2005, 10:52 AM
Oh I can fire off a bunch of these....most are on the High-End scale but are still among the coolest EVER!

- Life-sized Yoda from Pepsi!

- Full-sized Fiberglass Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Stormtrooper Helmets (Don Post, Rubies, Custom)

- Life-sized Character Replicas of C-3PO, R2-D2, Boba Fett, Stormtrooper and Darth Vader (made by Don Post in the mid-90's)

- Vintage Star Wars movie posters, full 27x40 (or 27x41) size!

- Stormtrooper Minibust by Gentle Giant

- Han Solo in Carbonite Replica by Illusive Concepts.

- A Complete SET of Vintage figures!

CaptainSolo1138
03-25-2005, 11:22 AM
I assume you're referring to me (since you have no other friends ;)). I never said it wasn't Han, I just didn't know it was him, because I didn't think it didn't looked or sounded like Harrison. And it seemed like it would take too long to climb down from the AT-ST and change (if you base it on the figure's full suit and not just the helmet) before the Imperials showed up.

Yeah, sure. Make excuses now. :p

JetsAndHeels
03-25-2005, 12:49 PM
I love every figure, vehicle, model, poster, t-shirt, etc. that is in my collection. I can look at certain items I have and recall the story of what I went through to get it, how much it cost, things like that.

When it comes to items that stand alone, I would have to say that my autographed items are my favorite. My number one favorite item I have signed is my orange carded POTF2 Boba Fett signed by Jeremy Bulloch. He is such a great guy, very nice and took time to speak with the fans. I remember meeting him at a convention in Atlanta. He signed my figure and I also got a pic of him from ESB where he signed it to me personally.

My other autographed items are figures of R2 (Kenny Baker), Chewbacca (Peter Mayhew) and David Prowse. I actually have a pic where I am standing beside Prowse (man, he is a tall dude!!). To me, these items are the things that cannot be replaced. Memories and stories of how we met the actors.

I also have an Aayla Secura Saga figure autographed by Amy Allen, and a pic of Aurra Sing from EP1 autographed as well.

When it comes to my figures, I have always loved my vintage boba fett. It was one of the few figures that survived the massive onslaught that was me in my childhood years. I cherish that figure, because Fett was always one of my fav characters.

In the 12 inch line I would have to say its the POTF2 Fett figure as well. I also have the 12 inch Jango from EP2 that is cool as well.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-25-2005, 01:46 PM
For me, my "Holy Grails" are my carded Jorg Sacul and Silver Vader figures.

I got Jorg at CII, one to open and one to keep carded. I just had a really fun time there, and it reminds me of it. He now sits on my wall in the star case that came with the holo Emperor.

I won Vader with JMPs on the kids auction; it was one of the last things auctioned off. So instead of spending $150 on it, I got it for free. :)

As for THE COOLEST thing, I don't know. Those rank up there, though.

CaptainSolo1138
03-25-2005, 03:05 PM
AH! How could I forget! My Episode 1 Darth Maul poster that I got it from the Insider. It's like 4 feet by 5 feet. It so obnoxiously huge!!

samskull
04-07-2005, 11:41 AM
Definitely, my Star Wars Phantom Menace codpiece...the ladies love it! Hee hee.

aceguide
04-15-2005, 09:14 AM
Lot's of good bids here!

While there is very little in my collection that I don't like here are some of my favorites:

Chrome Vader bust from MBNA credit card promo

Unleashed Han, Leah

and

Boba - unleased, 12", vintage 3 3/4, 300th & silver all on one shelf

I still have a lot of my figs from the early days, including the remains of an early bird set. Those are the best for the memories.

ronhudy
04-16-2005, 01:46 PM
Figure-wise, I'd have to say AT-ST pilot Han. Not only because it's a cool figure, but it ended a long standing argument (in my favor) with a friend about who called the Imperials out of the bunker.

Harrison Ford's voice is what gave it away for me...:D

CaptainSolo1138
07-15-2005, 08:38 AM
I recieved a new "COOLEST" last nite: the R2-D2 display cooler from an IGA up north. I have ZERO space for it in my cramped apartment, but I'll be damned if I'm putting it in storage. It's waaaaaaaay to cool to put away!

JimJamBonds
07-15-2005, 11:11 AM
I'm not much of a collector but for me I received a Return of the Jedi trash can from one of my sisters for Christamas '83. It has the good guys on one side and the bad guys on the other. Its not much but I think its pretty cool, plus its the one SW thing that I still have from when I was a kid. :)