PDA

View Full Version : Its Started, Join The Line For AOTC!!!!

GNT
01-05-2002, 10:56 PM
Check out the following article about the first people to line up for AOTC,click here (http://fanforce.net/news.shtml) to view the article,My god,they have 130 odd days to go and they've already started a line for AOTC! Talk about :crazed:

When will you join the line for AOTC?

Thoughts?

snakeplkn
01-05-2002, 11:20 PM
I'll probably get in line one hour before midnight with my tickets in hand for the first showing with a couple friends. As for the guys in Seattle, I am worried about them. It's sheer lunacy and if as expected Episode II disappoints, we may have a Jonestown on our hands up in the Pacific Northwest. SirSteve was right in his rant, go make the world a better place than waste your time sitting around.

Snake Plissken
"A little human compassion"

Co Jo-Da
01-05-2002, 11:47 PM
When Episode I tickets went on sale, one theater in town had only a half dozen waiting and the other had over 200 people camped out for over a week. I showed up at 5am the day tickets were released and I had no problem getting into Midnight-Madness. But Episode II will be hard to get tickets for because of Fandango.com. Some fans can just stay at home and get tickets from their computer or even phone, even though Fandango can't sale all the tickets for a single they can screw some fans that wait in the rain and cold out of the show.

It's a good thing that I have friens whom will want to go tandom, wait for tickets in shiefts but we won't start till 10 days before tickets go on sale...

Than I'll show up all dressed up about 3 to 4 hours before the movie startes...

MAN, I CAN'T WAIT TO BE SITTING IN THE THEATER...

bigbarada
01-05-2002, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by GNT
When will you join the line for AOTC?

I don't think so. I might wait until it's out for a couple days to see it. My enthusiasm and excitement for this film are dangerously close to nil.

stillakid
01-06-2002, 12:18 AM
Well, they're tearing down the best theater in LA (Odeon in Century Plaza)sometime this year, so if it happens before the release then there is no point in rushing right out. Who knows. Maybe Lucas will release a trailer that people actually respond to in the theater. Any audience that I've seen the trailers with react...well, don't really react, so much as sit there waiting to see the next trailer. hmm.

hamsterboy
01-06-2002, 01:36 AM
Am I the only one who think these two are nitwits?

2-1B
01-06-2002, 01:39 AM
I think these guys are using the term "waiting in line" a little too loosely. Leaving periodically (to go to work, fulfill obligations, and bathe oneself) nullifies the whole point of "waiting".

Sounds more like loitering to me.

JediTricks
01-06-2002, 07:32 AM
It was actually Thrawn's rant, not SirSteve's.

I will wait about 2 hours in line, no more than that. I can't say I care that much about the theater across from the Shubert, the only thing that stands out about it to me is the fact that they were the first theater with the gourmet food and they had terrible cell reception back when cell phones required huge battery packs. ;)

But with the raping and visual destruction of the Chinese Theater here in Hollywood (they took this fabulous outside with the greens and reds and interesting decor and dumped most of it, covering it in a phoney gray facade that's supposed to look like a modern reinterpretation of the original. It's friggin' hideous and all so they could incorporate it into that worthless Hollywood mall and multiplex theater), I honestly feel like there's no history at that theater and it's no longer worth spending my time to get tickets to ANYTHING there.

evenflow
01-06-2002, 09:29 AM
Waiting for 130 days is whacked out, but more power to them. You have to wonder what their lives consist of though that they can drop everything for that long of a time. Anyway, i will go on line the morning they annouce they will go on sale.

PloKoon2385
01-06-2002, 02:39 PM
I would never wait four months in the streets of Seattle. I live very near Seattle. So I could if I wanted to but nope. The Cinerama is a pretty cool theatre though. It is especially large. I went there to see Ep. 1 and was very thrilled. I will probably see Ep. II there but I am not waiting four months. Bah! Those two are obviously looney...

Wolfwood319
01-06-2002, 08:07 PM
Leaving periodically to do other stuff does not constitute the term "Waiting in line." Still if they did spend 4 months in line, these 2 would get the award for "biggest losers on the planet," if you ask me. If they really have nothing better to do (work, school, relationships, etc.) then that's just sad.

I won't get in line. I have lost any and all desire to wait in line to see this movie. Who ever said that the trailers have had no response in theaters was right. I saw Monsters Inc. and I hear kids asking what the trailer was for, followed up by "that was stupid."

I'll probably see Spider-man a second time that weekend, then see AOTC a few weeks after.

Co Jo-Da
01-07-2002, 01:34 AM
I'm still convinced that Attack of the Clones will be as good as, if not better than Empire Strakes Back...

And now that Lord of the Rings has more than lived up to the hype, it's nice to see so many Star Wars fans jumping off the ship and heading for Middle Earth... I've seen FotR's about 4 times now and I love it more and more each time but the last time I saw it something odd happened: at the beginning when the 'Forbidden' trailer started, the crowd was cheering 'YES' and clapping, the two guys in front of me jumped out of their seats (it was obvious that they hadn't seen it yet) and I could hear them say "wow, that movie looks far better than Episode I, Lucas is the best", OK now fast-forward to the end of the movie, the same two guys yelled out "take that Lucas, you suck..."

Now everyone is making such a big deal about members of N'Sync making cameo appearances in the arena scene, this is just like when the title was released and everyone was shouting how bad it was and that the movie is going to suck @**. Come on, the N'Sync guys are going to be surrounded by a lot of face and some of them will undoubtedly be other famous people. Why is it such a big deal, they'll all die (I know that will make many people happy, aseptically ME).

Hey I live in the Great Pacific Northwest and if a couple of guy want to wait 4 months in the dead of winter in line for movie tickets that's great and if that's what they want, "MORE POWER TO THEM". I will wait in line too, just 3 months and 3 weeks after them... Mid-Night Madness tickets will be available to me when I get to the ticket booth...

mabudonicus
01-07-2002, 08:01 PM
Actually, I'm so-o-o-o-o amped about "Return of the King" that I'm already camped out in front of the theatre, with laptop at the ready. You won't see it on the news, as there's no real hype yet, and we have no paper or t.v. in our town, but I'm here, ready. My buddies are already camped out waiting for Episode VII, but I think that's dumb. That movie's not coming out for years.

Co Jo-Da
01-07-2002, 09:17 PM
Well, atleast you won't be alone...:p

bigbarada
01-07-2002, 09:29 PM
lol, mabudon!:D

JediTricks
01-08-2002, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Co Jo-Da
this is just like when the title was released and everyone was shouting how bad it was and that the movie is going to suck @**. Actually, the comments I read were only that the title sucked, nothing to do with the movie itself.

Co Jo-Da
01-08-2002, 12:11 PM
YES JEDITRICKS, there was people saying they wouldn't go to the movie just because of the TITLE...

JediTricks
01-09-2002, 01:44 AM
I've not seen that.

GNT
01-09-2002, 02:29 AM
YES JEDITRICKS, there was people saying they wouldn't go to the movie just because of the TITLE...

Too bad they'll miss out on a very good movie :)

Co Jo-Da
01-09-2002, 01:00 PM
EXACTLY MY POINT...

2-1B
01-11-2002, 03:29 AM
And what's with the strippers?

I went to the site of the radio show that sent a stripper to the AOTC Seattle line, and it displays pics of the guy with the markered jeans getting a show in the back of their van.

I thought he was waiting for Star Wars, not free lapdances?

Co Jo-Da
01-11-2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
I thought he was waiting for Star Wars, not free lapdances?

Hey, what's wrong with a free lapdances?

2-1B
01-12-2002, 10:35 AM
Nothing's wrong with it ! :D

However, I thought he was dedicated to waiting in line for the sake of waiting in line. I must question his resolve.

All kidding aside, I hope he realized he was being made the "butt" of a joke by accepting such favors.

SithDroid
01-13-2002, 09:06 PM
First of all, why not just show up the day the tickets go on sale and get them then. In my city where I live they won't let people onto the property until the day of because otherwise they would be "loitering". When Episode I came out I went at 8 A.M. to stand in line. I was back quite aways, but still managed to score tickets to the midnight showing. I plan on doing the same thing this year. Second, what kind of jobs do these guys have? Who pays their bills? How do they shower? Do they change clothes? When and where do they go to the bathroom? When do they eat? I wish I had the money to just slack off for 4 months, but alas I don't. Perhaps someone in Seattle can walk down there and ask them.

GNT
01-14-2002, 12:07 AM
Good questions SithDroid :) Its people like that that aren't ever going to get laid any time soon ;)

2-1B
01-14-2002, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by GNT
[BIts people like that that aren't ever going to get laid any time soon [/B]

Unless the Don and Mike Show sends a hooker instead of a stripper next time :)

Wolfwood319
01-14-2002, 03:45 AM
If I muster up the energy to go see the movie at a midnight showing, I'll go get tickets that afternoon. I waited in line for about 3 hours to get my TPM midnight showing tickets, a friend of mine went at about 9 at night, and got tickets. Its not really a problem where I live. Especially if they do what they did with FOTR, they just played the movie on as many screens as it took to accomodate all who wanted to see it at midnight. I think they had 12 of 30 screens playing FOTR at the midnight showing.

mabudonicus
01-14-2002, 12:09 PM
Yeah, the pop. density in this area made it so that we went to the midnight show at 10 to and walked right in, there were still empty seats, and the projected(no pun intended) all-night shows were cancelled after two screenings. I think that these guys are kind of giving us all a bad image, in a way, I mean, like the sithdrioid said, what do these guys DO? The media coverage would suggest that all they do is love star wars(as many of us do) to the exclusion of having any function in reality. I don't doubt that people on the periphery see that and figure that we all can speak huttese or ewokese or watever-ese and don't value anything non-star-wars related. It just kind of bums me out to know that people will base their perceptions of SW and its fandom on a couple of loonies setting a bad example, you know, a lot of people won't see the shameless-publicity-grab stunt for what it is, and will believe that SW was somehow responsible.

Co Jo-Da
01-14-2002, 01:45 PM
I got in line for TPM at about 5am and I was pretty far back in line but I got in to the show and I'm planning to do the samething this time, the only problem is Fandango.com they could cut some fans out of Mid-Night Madness...

Wolfwood319
01-14-2002, 02:05 PM
Why don't you just get your tickets at Fandango?

Your right about it giving the fans a bad image. It definately does seem to single in on Star Wars fans in particular, and people could take that as the fans really and truly have nothing better to do, eat, sleep, breathe, and live Star Wars.

"More power to them."

I'd like to think that we would limit the amount of power that people like these possess.

mabudonicus
01-14-2002, 04:51 PM
Amen to that(although on the other hand, if these types use the powers given them to prove how stupid they can be, they can't be THAT dangerous......)!!

JEDIpartner
01-15-2002, 11:12 AM
Thank you Wolfwood and SithDroid (along with all the others who feel like this)... It's line sitters like these two that make the rest of us look RIDICULOUS!!!

I get so much flack here at work now ever since this story broke! Before it was just "Dale, the STAR WARS geek" who has a fun hobby. Now, it's "Dale, the STAR WARS geek"- "Are you going to sit in line like those other freaks?" Even local radio is making fun of them saying they are total losers (and I agree) who are living their lives for a film. I'd like to think I have a life and enjoy the film as a distraction and a collecting hobby. Geez... why do I feel so ashamed...? :cry:

InsaneJediGirl
01-15-2002, 10:34 PM
I dont know why you feel ashamed JEDIpartner,but I feel the same way..a little.I mean,why wait in line..shouldn't they be arrested?Like others said..its very easy to get your tickets the day before and see the midnight showing.

I personally think this has went WAY too far.Starwars should be
your hobby,but not your "life".Now,many people are saying
we dont have a life(like you said JEDIpartner),but MOST of us
do,we have work,school,sports,etc....I'm starting to think these
two are giving the other SW Fans a bad rap.
:( :( :( :dead:

GNT
01-16-2002, 04:04 AM
I heard on the radion here (remember im in Oz) that they are waiting in line to set a world record for the longest wait in line for a movie ticket! or something to that effect!Sad lives

JEDIpartner
01-16-2002, 09:32 AM
Sad waste of midichlorians!

D'oh! :rolleyes:

I DO have a life and many other interests outside of STAR WARS. For as much as I love it, I think I would be completely bored if that's all I ever did. I love writing music and playing my keyboard and singing. I think, in all honesty, I spend more time with my music- I'm just surrounded by STAR WARS stuff while I'm doing it! ;) No, seriously... I have so many other interests, but when people hear about things like these line sitters they distill my entire life down to that kind of nonsense. Guilty by association in some 1200 degrees of separation kind of way, I suppose.

mabudonicus
01-16-2002, 12:37 PM
I think I'm gonna wear a spiderman costume to AOTC. I was gonna go as a vulcan to TPM(as a joke,see) but (on the topic of fans going too far) at the OTHER theatre in town someone tried this and an honest to goodness donnybrook broke out!! I'm not kidding, it made the standard, our local paper!! Waiting in line for months like dorks is one thing, but coming to blows over a film? Gotta love the "jerry springer" type fans, just don't turn yer back on em, is all!! Wooooooo!!! Are there any other good "fans going too far" tales out there?(making anti jar jar fan clubs doesn't count)Wooo!!

OC47150
01-17-2002, 04:57 PM
I'm sorry, but I have a job and a mortgage to worry about. I get enough ribbing from my co-workers about SW to start with.

InsaneJediGirl
01-17-2002, 10:35 PM
They must have worked out a deal with the theater to let them sit there?

Oh well,my biggest question is-How do they take care of all
the-errmm-"personal stuff" without leaving the line!

mabudonicus
01-18-2002, 12:03 AM
Ideally, they're just not real. Then all of the details could be taken care of in commercial breaks.Woooooooo!!!!

Co Jo-Da
01-18-2002, 02:19 AM
One thing those guys are doing that I just love is; that they've taken alittle sing out of the LotR's hype and made so people aware that Attack of the Clone's is coming, to bad it's four months away:mad:...

GNT
01-18-2002, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl
Oh well,my biggest question is-How do they take care of all
the-errmm-"personal stuff" without leaving the line!

They have a mountain of Doggy bags if thats what you mean ;)

Co Jo-Da
01-18-2002, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by GNT
They have a mountain of Doggy bags if thats what you mean ;)

Man, I'd hate to walk by them everyday:frus:. Hopefully someone put a trash bag by them...

GNT
01-18-2002, 03:03 AM
...or can you imagine people throwing coins or food scrapes at them and saying "get a job" or "get a life" lol

InsaneJediGirl
01-18-2002, 07:59 AM
LOL:eek:

Thanks for your answer GNT.:D

JetsAndHeels
01-18-2002, 01:52 PM
Ok, I admit it. For Episode 1 I waited around 16 hours in line. I went on a Monday night so I could get tickets at noon on Tuesday. I got there at 8pm and by 11pm, the line was all the way down past the parking lot. By 8am, the line was so long that people werent even getting in it because they knew tickets wouldnt last. I am planning on about the same amount of wait time this year because I learned from EP1 that we here in good old NC have a great SW fanbase.

Co Jo-Da
01-18-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by GNT
...or can you imagine people throwing coins or food scrapes at them and saying "get a job" or "get a life" lol

After 4+ months those guys will look like them...

GNT
01-18-2002, 10:23 PM
After 4+ months those guys will look like them...

Does anybody live near where they are?

mabudonicus
01-19-2002, 05:41 PM
Close, but sadly out of jeering range.....

Co Jo-Da
01-20-2002, 01:14 AM
Sorry, it's a three hour drive from my plave to get there...