PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Review: TIE Fighter

LusiferSam
03-23-2005, 09:34 PM
Maybe the third times the charm. Sorry this is late, but every time I go to post this thread something happens.
Continuing with the vehicles, this week the TIE Fighter is in the cross hairs. First released in 1978, the original TIE Fighter was available until 1983 when it was replaced by the "Battle Damaged" version. Like the X-Wing the TIE's variations are in its box, at least 4. Its featured pop off solar panels, a laser light and sound and an elevating cockpit seat.

Like the X-Wing I like the Battle Damaged version better. But overall I really the TIE Fighter. The solar panels are what the toy. It just too much fun to pop those suck off mid flight and have the thing spin out of control. The sound and light are ok. The vehicle to live with out them, but its better with. Detail is ok. As a kid I never knew the solar panels used stickers, so that disappointing to find out years later. Other than scale I can't really fault the TIE with much other than being a crummy ride if your an imperial pilot.

Fluke Skywalker
03-24-2005, 03:43 AM
The best thing about the TIE fighter (Besides the aforementioned pop off panels) is how easy to hold it is. It's made so that you can hold it with one hand, and make it turn and spin et. It's really pretty light. The X-Wing began to make your wrist ache after a while. I have always prefered the ANH white version myself. Great ship. Lots of play value.

vader121
03-24-2005, 07:53 AM
Besides what has already been mentioned I thought a cool feature was how the cockpit seat would raise to fit the figure in easier. Just something else to add play value to this classic vehicle. The squeeling sound of the laser is cool too. Makes it menacing.

I never actually got a Tie Fighter as s kid. Not sure why. I did have the Vader Tie Fighter but never the white or battle-damaged version. have since gotten several.

X13VADER
03-24-2005, 08:41 AM
The Darth Vader Tie Fighter Was The First Vehicle I Got In 78. Since Then I Have Bought Them I Groups Of 4.
4 Vintage Ones
4 Tie Interceptors 3 Vintage And 1 New
4 New Tie Fighters
8 Dog Fight Tie Fighters
4 Tie Bombers
4 Darth Vader Tie Fighters
1 Vintage Darth Vader Tie Fighter
1 New Darth Vader Tie Fighter

Kidhuman
03-24-2005, 08:47 AM
I had the battle damaged one with pop off wings. I loved it. Those were the days when figures fit in the vehicles.