PDA

View Full Version : Secrets of the Jedi (Spoilers)

InsaneJediGirl
03-24-2005, 01:02 PM
From what I read at Amazon,this came out the 1st of March?Not quite sure.Doesnt matter much,I loved seeing another Jedi Apprentice-like book on the shelf.Could have been much longer to have taken the time to go further into the POV and brought more action,especially in the last part.

Question still remains on why Yoda didnt take more action with Qui-Gon and Tahl but decided to stomp out what was happening between Obi and Siri early.

Hopefully we'll see more tieing in type of books in the future,I'd even be open to a whole lot more Jedi Apprentice books.:D :crazed:

Bel-Cam Jos
03-24-2005, 08:23 PM
I bought it about a couple weeks back, and it has been on my bookshelf since then. When I get a chance, I await reading it.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-08-2005, 03:53 PM
Finally got around to finishing this one. I really, REALLY like the "spanning the generations" style of novel that Watson has been penning recently. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon become so much more real, more complex characters after you read them. Probably more emotionally gripping than the adult novels, too; you actually feel for the people, whereas the non-young adult stories leave me less attached or saddened.

Obi-Wan is dealing with a lot of death, betrayal, and disappointment. No wonder he's a reclusive, crazy old hermit. And Anakin is blinded to all the crap he puts people through. ROTS will be killer, in every sense of the word!

p.s. This is post 2K for me.

InsaneJediGirl
04-08-2005, 10:41 PM
First off,Congrats on the 2k post :D

Second,I have to agree with you on this novel being much better than half the adult novels out there.Jude Watson can really best get into the characters heads,especially Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. Would be interesting if she branched into an adult novel,I'm sure it would rival Lucendos or Zahns work.