PDA

View Full Version : TRU Holo Yoda - How It's Gonna Work (Merged)

mm74md
03-24-2005, 01:33 PM
The management & fellow collectors at the Hagerstown, MD TRU have told me today exactly how we are getting the Holo Yoda.

* Starting at Midnight Madness, Spend $25 or more of Star Wars merchandise (excluding video games and movies) and you get a Free TRU Exclusive Holographic Yoda

* Even if your store isn't running MM, they will still have the offer starting 4/2

* There is not a store limit like Target. They'll get a few cases like the Silver figures they've had in the past. Once they are gone, they are gone for good

* The figure will also be available (who knows when) on www.toysrus.com

Hellboy
03-24-2005, 06:38 PM
$25 ?? :ermm: I was planning on having most of my toy purchases completed by the time I reach TRU so this sucks for me. Maybe I'll find some army builders but I wish they would just sell the darn things if they're going to be available on their website in the future. That way I'm not forced into buying unwanted toys after the store has been pillaged.

Bacta Beast
03-24-2005, 06:55 PM
Ok, I know there's been some contention in another thread over this issue, and I'm not trying to keep it going, however . . .

I was told by the store manager of my local TRU today, as he was reading from some official document, that Yoda would be available on 04/10.
Take it for what you want, but that's what I was told. I wonder if maybe the flagship store in Times Square might be the only one to get it that night?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-24-2005, 07:18 PM
$25? Well, I guess it's better than $30. :D I guess I'll still play it by ear . . .

Enki
03-24-2005, 08:13 PM
From what a friend told me, the Birmingham,Al TRU will have an exclusive but it will not be the Yoda. He got the 4/10 story also. We need to find out what the MM "exclusive" will be for those of us outside NY.

Darth Grifter
03-24-2005, 09:02 PM
the 25 dollar price tag is not too bad for me becuase i have yet to find anything and am planning on making a big haul at MM...

vemnox
03-25-2005, 12:40 AM
Ok, for those TRU's that open at the regular time of 10 AM, we can just arrive at 10 AM and just spend the $25 and get our figure then, right?
Do we get it at the register, at customer service, at the display? When will they be stocking the ROTS stuff?

Kidhuman
03-25-2005, 10:07 AM
$25 ?? :ermm: I was planning on having most of my toy purchases completed by the time I reach TRU so this sucks for me. Maybe I'll find some army builders but I wish they would just sell the darn things if they're going to be available on their website in the future. That way I'm not forced into buying unwanted toys after the store has been pillaged.

Buy and return if need be

jedi master sal
03-25-2005, 10:15 AM
I was just at my local TRU last night and asked them about Midnight Madness and Yoda. The lady I talked to (I've known her for at least 3 years now, from going into the store a lot), said that they would have the Yoda ready that night (4/2). So this further confrms it for me, as I had earlier in the week had a conversation with a TRU manager who said they would have it on 4/2.

I'll put it this way, if TRU is stupid enough NOT to put their exclusive out on 4/2 when the rest of the retail world is putting out their ROTS merchandise, then they are going to lose BIG-TIME. I know I'm not going to spend any extra money before hand, NOT to get Yoda and then have to come back a week later...

No I trust in the lady and manager that Yoda will be available on 4/2.

If not, it's just another nail in the coffin for TRU.

-Sal

mm74md
03-25-2005, 05:13 PM
Sal, my "sources" are also guys I've known for a few years and I don't see any reason why they would get/pass on bad info. They should be at the gym tonight when I get there so I'll triple check!

If I go in next Friday night and there is no Holo Yoda, then I'll hop in my car & get a few hours of sleep before I get in line for the Target Vader.

I've figured I want just a handful of figures that are supposed to be out next week and a the unleashed line. So if I'm going to spend alot, I want to do it at TRU rather than Wal Mart

JediTricks
03-25-2005, 07:04 PM
TRU has had exclusives before which they were late on, it happens, don't be surprised if there are no Yodas to be had.

mm74md
03-28-2005, 11:20 AM
The management & fellow collectors at the Hagerstown, MD TRU have told me today exactly how we are getting the Holo Yoda.

* Starting at Midnight Madness, Spend $25 or more of Star Wars merchandise (excluding video games and movies) and you get a Free TRU Exclusive Holographic Yoda

* Even if your store isn't running MM, they will still have the offer starting 4/2

* There is not a store limit like Target. They'll get a few cases like the Silver figures they've had in the past. Once they are gone, they are gone for good

The Holographic Yoda figure features unique translucent styling and is available only at Toys "R" Us beginning April 10 as a gift with a Hasbro Star Wars purchase of $25 or more. Not sold separately. While supplies last. No batteries required. Ages 4 and up.

Well I'll be. Guess I'll be going to Wal Mart for Midnight Madness.

mm74md
03-28-2005, 11:22 AM
Here is the full story

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=120622&p=irol-newsArticle&t=Regular&id=689173&

jimmymiro12
03-28-2005, 11:47 AM
Just to let you know it is goin to be 30.00 because I asked at several diffrent ones and thats what they said

mm74md
03-28-2005, 11:55 AM
Just to let you know it is goin to be 30.00 because I asked at several diffrent ones and thats what they said

Doesn't matter. I'm done with TRU. Wal Mart & Target will get my ROTS money. This actually makes me feel better. I can put most of my stuff on Layaway at WM now.

4-Q-2
03-28-2005, 12:33 PM
Okay - I am officially confused. My TRU manager said that they had the Yodas in hand (and secured in a locked room) and that they would be handed out during the MM with a $30 purchase. Now this memo thing running around says not until 4/10. Now, I am not going to say anything to the manager about this, just in case, but I read this only 1 of 2 ways. Either

1 - he made a mistake, they are not supposed to go out until 4/10 but are not labeled as such,

or

2 - they are to be given out only on 4/2, then the rest held for a week until an ad runs for the week of 4/10 (similar to the silver figures).

Either way, I think they will be available Friday night.

fandunn
03-28-2005, 01:16 PM
some store managers are confusing everyone - the TRU press release says Yoda will be available begining 4/10 at store opening with a $25 Hasbro purchase. The only exception is the Times Square store, which will have it available for MM.

Has there been any word of Target or Walmart actually opening at midnight? I've seen this 48 hours of the force information, but I haven't actually seen any listings of stores that will be open at midnight. As it is now I only know of tru.

aceguide
03-28-2005, 01:32 PM
Regardless of the Yoda mess...

Does anyone know what the TRU Exclusive Jedi Starfighter is about? Feel free to redirect me if it's already been discussed...

El Chuxter
03-28-2005, 01:48 PM
Who knows? TRU's website claims they'll have twelve exclusives over the course of the summer. Given that it's a week before Yoda's released and we're still getting conflicting reports, I'm a bit concerned about finding any of them. Maybe they'll just be more crappy Jedi Council sets.

Battle Droid
03-28-2005, 01:57 PM
Does anyone know what the TRU Exclusive Jedi Starfighter is about?

Maybe it's the other Jedi Starfighter he uses in the film.

bobafett07728
03-28-2005, 02:01 PM
Well. . . with all this confusion it has been difficult deciding what TRU I want to go to. This store is getting them. . . this store isn't. . . no one really has a concrete answer. All we do know is that Times Square is getting them, and they are going all out with there festivities. I've almost completely decided that I will be going to Times Square. Yeah. . . the tax will be more, and apparently you have to pay a little more to get the exclusive. . . but it isn't that far for me, and it sounds fun. This is most certainly the last of the Midnight Madnesses, so why not go out with a bang. I still plan on hitting the local Target, and WalMart in the morning. . . why not take my chances with the Times Square mobs!?!?!? I'm not planning on buying all the figures (a mistake I've made at the last two MM's), just enough to get the exclusive, and if I see any that I absolutely need at that time. Heck. . . they will have trivia and prizes, too. . . you can't go wrong with that!

PS: If anyone has attended MM at Times Square. . . what is it like. . . or better yet. . . what am I getting myself into?!?!?!

Darthmarc
03-28-2005, 02:11 PM
some store managers are confusing everyone - the TRU press release says Yoda will be available begining 4/10 at store opening with a $25 Hasbro purchase. The only exception is the Times Square store, which will have it available for MM.

Has there been any word of Target or Walmart actually opening at midnight? I've seen this 48 hours of the force information, but I haven't actually seen any listings of stores that will be open at midnight. As it is now I only know of tru.

The Holo Yoda won't be available outside NYC until 4/10/05 (per press release). Bummer. RScum has the Walmart stores that are participating in the MM, but I don't think it's an etched in stone list yet (Walmart SW site not up yet)...

evenflow
03-28-2005, 02:30 PM
Maybe i will just go to the city, I live 5 min away from the Lincoln Tunnel. I just wish all the TRU would be getting them. 8% tax will really diminish my spending money for other figures.

jimmymiro12
03-28-2005, 02:34 PM
that is such bull. The exclusives will be coming out on April 2nd. I live in Pennsylvania and we are getting the exclusives. Here is a complete list of what stores are taking part in it.
http://www3.toysrus.com/our/tru/prom/2005StarWars/stores.cfm

mm74md
03-28-2005, 02:40 PM
Regardless of the Yoda mess...

Does anyone know what the TRU Exclusive Jedi Starfighter is about? Feel free to redirect me if it's already been discussed...

Per Rebel Scum

The Anakin Starfighter exclusive is really a first-to-have offer. It will be available elsewhere later.

bobafett07728
03-28-2005, 02:55 PM
8% tax will really diminish my spending money for other figures.

That's my main turn-off as well. . . but it sounds like it may be a good time there. How early do you think we'll need to get there. . . Times Square is a lilttle different than Central NJ :D

evenflow
03-28-2005, 03:14 PM
That's my main turn-off as well. . . but it sounds like it may be a good time there. How early do you think we'll need to get there. . . Times Square is a lilttle different than Central NJ :D

Thats tough, i am sure that the authorities dont want a bunch of people lining up all day int he middle of times square.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-28-2005, 03:32 PM
Dang it! I wanted to spend as much as I could on April 2, but it looks like I may have to hold back a bit until April 10. Now I might only go to Target . . . gah, I don't know!!!

dindae
03-28-2005, 03:58 PM
The way I see it is if the store manager says they are putting it out on the 2nd then more than likely that is what it will be. I will be hitting there first, but only to get the exclusive. If they don't have it then off to WM I go so I can nab theirs if it turns out to be something I want to get.

aceguide
03-28-2005, 04:10 PM
Per Rebel Scum

The Anakin Starfighter exclusive is really a first-to-have offer. It will be available elsewhere later.

I read that as well - I am still curious as to what exactly it is they will be first to have...

Hellboy
03-28-2005, 04:43 PM
Its probably just Anakin's Starfighter with a pilot Anakin paked in the box much like KB did with Obi-Wan's Starfighter for AOTC. The first to have part is most likely in reference to the Pilot figure which won't be available individually until later in the year in the basic figure line.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-28-2005, 07:44 PM
For those who haven't seen it in the other thread, the Anakin Starfighter has a new paintjob - green where it was yellow, and white where it was gray. I think it looks pretty cool, and it could double as Saesee Tiin's fighter from the cartoon. I can't tell if the Anakin figure is new, but I hope it is so he can sit down normally in the ship instead of having his legs too short and his torso too long . . .

Turbowars
03-28-2005, 07:47 PM
Was this a movie change or does Annie get a 1 Day Paint and body job in the film?

As for the Yoda, Hasbro has it going on sale on the 2nd.

WTF people, is it the 2nd or 10th?

Sith Lord 0498
03-28-2005, 07:59 PM
I just spoke with Darth Alex on the phone. He called our local TRU, and now it's supposed to be 4/10. I don't think we'll really know until the morning of 4/2 when they have it or they don't have it.

JEDIpartner
03-28-2005, 10:43 PM
All sites are reporting 04.10.05 as the wide release of the Yoda figure. They've officially lost me for MM.

jimmymiro12
03-28-2005, 11:24 PM
It is on April 2nd. All of you better stop ok. I have called many trus in my area it is on saturday. If you really want this figure you better go to tru on sat. I have talked to many employes at tru like the MANAGER and he said it will be coming this Saturday.

So good luck to you on saturday.

Lazer Brain
03-30-2005, 02:35 PM
WTH! so if there is no yoda at MM at my local TRU then Why i'm I going there?(for a anikin fighter??) I have seen many conflicting reports, i will probably go to tru at mm and try to find out asap, so if yoda is not there i can get across town to the malmart that is having the tent sale. just to get up early to go to target.
this is madness....
later

mm74md
03-30-2005, 05:11 PM

Well, these wonderful people went back on their word. It's 4/10 afterall. They have the figures in right now, but they aren't allowed to do the offer until 4/10. :dis:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-30-2005, 06:43 PM
Apparently if you go to the Times Square one, you get it on 4/2, if not, you have to wait eight extra days.

Well, I guess it gives me more time to make a little money. :ermm: I'll still go and check it out just to be sure.

dindae
03-31-2005, 10:07 AM
This is a dumb move. Many people including myself were going to hit TRU on the second mainly for this purpose. If you take that away then the other two exclusives will draw you to the other stores not to mention cheaper prices. I could understand that if they wanted to make the Times square special in that area but making the whole nation wait is just dumb. This whole Midnight Madness is poorly rolled out on all front. Last month we should have had all the on all the exclusives not throw ing it together last minute. I don't even know if I will go to midnight madness now. :frus:

Jedi
03-31-2005, 12:14 PM
Now Yoda will be available on 4/2??

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=31200

But, April Fools' Day isn't until April 1st and today is only the 31st!! ;)

SirSteve
03-31-2005, 12:29 PM
Yes, it will. TRU realized how important it was to collectors so they have made them available to ALL MIDNIGHT STORES! :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-31-2005, 12:43 PM
Yes, it will. TRU realized how important it was to collectors so they have made them available to ALL MIDNIGHT STORES! :)
What about the non-mignight stores? Dang it, now I'll have to go there and see.

JEDIpartner
03-31-2005, 12:46 PM
I'm not even bothering anymore. This is the dumbest manoeuvre I have ever seen-- just Times Square... now everywhere. I was really looking forward to getting Yoda but I'm tired of being jerked around with all these stupid exclusives. Do I even have to mention the fact that TRU is going to have the highest pricing on the whole affair? :frus:

El Chuxter
03-31-2005, 01:22 PM
This is annoying. I was planning on skipping MM and getting in line for Vader. But now I have to go to MM to get Yoda, since every TRU around me is doing it, and I have serious doubts there will be any Yodas left for 4/10.

This deal is getting worse all the time.

Jedi
03-31-2005, 01:33 PM
The Hasbro website still lists 4/10 as the date for the Holographic Yoda!! :D

Sincerely,
Jedi

JEDIpartner
03-31-2005, 01:45 PM
Unless your store is a midnight madness store... then it's 4/2. :frus:

mm74md
03-31-2005, 01:48 PM

READ THIS CLEARLY and let me know if you agree....

1) Limited quantities of the Hasbro Star Wars Revenge of the Sith Holographic Yoda figure will be available to purchase at midnight openings. Limit one per customer while supplies last.

To me that sounds like it WILL NOT BE FREE with the $25 purchase???? I am so freakin annoyed with everyone but Wal Mart. TRU & KMart could've got most of my ROTS money, but nooooooooooooooo!!!! They had to play mind games with us!!! :crazed:

BFett88
03-31-2005, 02:24 PM
I am going to skip the whole TRU Yoda thing. I was planning on getting it unti they pulled the whole 4/10 thing. Even if a store by me was doing MM, I still would not go and get it. They will be up on ebay soon enough for like 15 bucks. Plus Toys R Us is selling their figs for 6.99. W Mart is selling them for 5.24. So with the amount of money I save at Walmart, I could probably buy 2 Yodas off of Ebay.

Dark Annie
03-31-2005, 03:15 PM
Alright, i have no clue what i'm doing. I am about 2-3 hours from any of the midnight madness TRUs. I live in OH. So, if I go to my non-midnight madness TRU in the morning of 4/2[/I], will I or will I not be able to get an exclusive Yoda?

Jedi Teacher
03-31-2005, 04:33 PM
I guess I just love the pain. I'm going to go to midnight chaos and try to snag a yoda (or 12!). I'm doubtful anything will be left if I wait until 4/10-- I got screwed on the silver clone troopers because every TRU near me put them on the pegs before the promotion, so I missed out. Not this time-- I hope. I'm hopeful that it won't be too crazy at the TRU I'm headed to. I'll report back afterward.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-31-2005, 04:57 PM
God, this is annoying. I suppose I could scope out my TRU just in case someone decided to put them out this Saturday.

It seems like Target is the only place that knows what the hell they're doing!

Jedibill
03-31-2005, 05:30 PM
The Holo Yoda is listed on Amazon's web site, of course you can't order it yet it says "This item is currently not available" I wonder if we could just order it on 4/2?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0007PGJB2/qid=1112308190/sr=1-9/ref=sr_1_9/104-0485554-3702334?v=glance&s=toys

JediTricks
03-31-2005, 07:05 PM
Ok, new update on Holo Yoda, SirSteve was just told by Toys R Us to take down the news about Yoda making it to stores by 4/2, no explanation why at this point, so wait for details and if we get any we'll pass them along.

El Chuxter
03-31-2005, 07:18 PM
What. The. HECK?!?

This is only 31 hours away! In my best Matthew Perry voice, I say: "Can they be any more confusing?" This is truly becoming a muddled fiasco. The two TRU's near me suck so badly I already avoid them most of the time. This is such a freaking mess, "most of the time" is on the border of becoming "all of the time." :mad:

yoda83
03-31-2005, 07:28 PM
My Toys R Us has them in hand and from talking with the Director last night, they will be out on Saturday, even though ours is not a Midnight Madness TRU. That is of course, TRU sent memos out today not to

El Chuxter
03-31-2005, 07:36 PM
I just got off the phone with the local TRU (okay, the better of the two), and the manager doesn't even know if they've received it yet! They won't know until tomorrow night. Man, I smell a letter to corporate in the works. :mad:

Darth Grifter
03-31-2005, 07:38 PM
i went in and talked to the managers of my MM tru and she didn't precisely know about the exclusive. she said that they had been informed by a few collectors that they should be carrying them and they would have them ready if they did but she also said that their lot of toys is still boxed!?! i'm sure this was a clever ploy to disarm me from asking what figures they would have, but they haven't even opened the boxes yet...whatever.

i'll still be there regardless...

El Chuxter
03-31-2005, 07:40 PM
Yeah, but what sucks is I'd be completely content to wait a day or two for the figures, but I'd really like to get this Yoda. It looks like the store managers would at least be informed about exclusives they're carrying.

jimmymiro12
03-31-2005, 08:12 PM
The tru in king of prussia said they wont but the one closer to me said that they weren't sure. My plan is to bring an article about it coming out on 4/2 so maybe it will work. Also I know a few guys that work there (not personally as if they were my friends) but they have broken the rules a few times for me.

I WANT THE YODA SO BAD BUT NOT BAD ENOUGHT TO WAIT ANOTHER WEEK.
Atleast my dad will be goin with me to target so we will get 2 lava vaders.
:) :D

Turbowars
03-31-2005, 10:03 PM
Why in the world would you want 2 of these things? Have you seen the pics of it loose? The people paying over 100 on e-bay a idiots.

jimmymiro12
03-31-2005, 10:32 PM
TurbowarsWhy in the world would you want 2 of these things? Have you seen the pics of it loose? The people paying over 100 on e-bay a idiots.

I am not spendning that much on them anyway. I get two when I am there because my dad will be with me. Maybe someone will offer me money just for the ticket.

Turbowars
03-31-2005, 10:39 PM
I think you took that wrong, I know you wont be paying alot for them, you will be paying retail. I'm just saying the figure kind of blows. That's not to say I'm not getting it, but really it's a sad looking figure compared to what else hasbro's dishing out.

Jedi
04-01-2005, 12:06 AM
In regards to the news information on the Holographic Yoda, there is no mention whatsoever of any set price amount that must be spent in order to get the action figure. I wonder if that means that there will be a regular retail price in place for Yoda or if the $25 minimum is still in effect?? :p

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=31200

SirSteve
04-01-2005, 12:28 AM
I know this exclusive is confusing but TRU sent me news that it will be available at Midnight Openings then had me pull it (without reason) so when I know more, it'll be posted.

Jedi
04-01-2005, 08:47 AM
Only a little over 15 hours until the moment of truth will be at hand!! :D
The Hasbro website STILL has the Yoda date slated for 04/10. :confused:

Sincerely,
Jedi

evenflow
04-01-2005, 08:55 AM
Well I hope they have it tonight.

JEDIpartner
04-01-2005, 09:17 AM
They are NOT having it tonight. Jedi Drew spoke with the manager (an avid collector) at a local TRU yesterday and he explicitly stated that there will be NO Holographic Yodas for distribution other than the Times Square MM event. They are definitely being held for the following week.

End of story. Seriously.

Jedi
04-01-2005, 10:00 AM
On the contrary, I don't think it's the end of story whatsoever. The link on this website's homepage is still up and still states that the Holographic Yoda WILL be available on 04/02. Hasbro's website STILL states that it's coming out on 04/10. It's not over yet.... :D http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=31200

JEDIpartner
04-01-2005, 10:10 AM
Whatever... it's on an advert circular for the store that's being distributed the following week.

jimmymiro12
04-01-2005, 10:51 AM
Well I guess we will find out a little while later. From what it sound like it possibly depends if the manager want them out or not.

I am taking an article about it with me.

IMPORTANT NOTICE- I heard from someone at Tru that said the figures might be 4.99 which means you should check out yours and if you have a target coupon you will pay 3.99.

El Chuxter
04-01-2005, 11:29 AM
I am really getting the impression that no one in the TRU organization, from the lowliest stockboy to the new owners, have any idea what the hell is going on. :mad:

BanthaPoodoo
04-01-2005, 11:52 AM
To add more fuel to the fire (and to get me even more aggravated about when & if this figure will ever make it to the public), I found this on another site:

This press release just came into us from TRU Public Relations....
BREAKING NEWS - TOYS "R" US:
Toys "R" Us has arranged to have the Holographic Yoda Figure during
their Midnight celebration. Limited quantities of this Toys "R" Us exclusive
figure will be available for purchase at over 300 participating stores
when doors open at 12:01 a.m. on April 2 ($9.99, limit one per customer,
while supplies last)*. Check-out Toys "R" Us for the largest selection of new
and unique products for Star Wars collector customers and fans of all ages.

* The Holographic Yoda figure will be available at Toys "R" Us Times
Square with a purchase of $35 or more."

A very wise move on TRU's part. holding this figure back until 4/10 really didn't make much sense.

dindae
04-01-2005, 12:07 PM
To back that up SirSteve posted on the main page:

There has been some confusion on the Toys"R"Us Exclusive Hologrpahic Yoda.

There will be very limited supplies available in only certain stores. There will be about 50 stores not receiving it in time. Collectors should call their local store to verify if they will have a small quantity.

TheDarthVader
04-01-2005, 12:10 PM
My best friend works at TRU, and he's an avid star wars collector. He told me that the Yodas were received on 3-30. There are 12 of them, one case. You will be able to get them 4-2. They will be $9.99 and available for purchase. I am not sure about: if you spend $25 or more you get one free. But these are FACTS. His store is not doing MM, but the yodas will be put out on 4-2. I guess the point is: looks like this varies from store to store.

B.
TDV

Jedibill
04-01-2005, 12:29 PM
whats sad, is thay have had 3 years to get ready for this!

Jedi
04-01-2005, 03:53 PM
Any word yet from SirSteve regarding TRU's official word on the Holographic Yodas?? The suspense is unbearable!! :D

Sincerely,
Jedi

jimmymiro12
04-01-2005, 04:14 PM
After I just talked to the rude people at tru I don't thinl I will be goin there. They are not excepting any ads until Sunday. Best thing to do is avoid goin there.

BanthaPoodoo
04-01-2005, 04:19 PM
Read this over at rebelscum:

Besides the free Holographic Yoda for the 1st 50 customers, Toys R Us will be giving away this exclusive Hasbro Poster to the first 200 customers on the night of the midnight sale.

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/ROTSposterSING.jpg

Sounds interesting!!

Enki
04-01-2005, 04:25 PM
Oh, man. Yoda is not gonna be "Free". I think it's April foolsville. My TRU is not planning to put it out until 4/10.

El Chuxter
04-01-2005, 05:48 PM
Just got off the phone with the local TRU here. They don't price match on new, collectible items, and said that they couldn't price match at a midnight opening anyway. Never mind that Wal-Mart's also open at midnight. I said, "Thanks for the info, I'll just go to WM." :) No wonder this piece of crap store goes bankrupt every few weeks or so.

JediTricks
04-01-2005, 06:41 PM
Ok, TRU has given Steve a new update, posted in the news here:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=31203

Tonight it will be available for purchase at several other TRU stores (we don't know how many yet because of shipping issues.) It will be sold for $9.99.

On 4/10 the Yoda will be available at ALL Toys "R" Us Stores with a purchase of $25 or more.

It will be limited 1 per person.

Hellboy
04-01-2005, 07:22 PM
Wonderful, so basically roll the dice by going to TRU and hope your store has the exclusivce Yoda in stock. If they don't, to bad so sad. Typical TRU BS, they've officially lost any MM business from me. I'll either buy one on the 10th or online later.

Slicker
04-01-2005, 07:25 PM
Meh!! I was hoping to get one tonight too. I don't know if there'll be $30 worth of stuff I'll NEED come the 10th.

El Chuxter
04-01-2005, 07:38 PM
It's official. Given that I cannot get through the checkout lines at either of the TRU's in my area, their bullpoop about this stupid Yoda, and their complete lack of customer service skills when I call, TRU has as of this moment lost all business from me. :mad: I will now treat them as I do Best Buy, only purchasing when they have exclusives and paying cash so that they cannot track the fact I purchased from their slimy arses.

Jaina Solo
04-01-2005, 07:47 PM
What a nightmare! I knew TRU could be a little clueless, but I had no idea. I'm SO glad their exclusive isn't anything that I want, because I'd have to go postal. Everybody who's going to MM at TRU tonight- good luck surviving the riots...

dindae
04-01-2005, 07:49 PM
I call my local stores. The TRU on Gallatin rd say they will have 12 to sell. The rest will be given away on the 10th. The Wal-Mart said they were putting the early bird exclusive in the tent that opens at 8. This is going to really suck. With only 12 available I will either have to go really early to TRU and wait in the rain or miss out until the 10 when I will be driving back from Florida so I would have to plan a stop in Georgia to pick it up. Unless Wal-Mart has a lot of the early bird packs I will likely miss out on it because I will be at Target picking up that exclusive because the tent and Target open at 8am. I may just wait at my computer and try to pick them both up online at midnight and forget midnight madness altogether which is sad because it has always been fun.

Enki
04-01-2005, 09:19 PM
Here's some bad news, my TRU is letting these 501st guys get first crack at the toys because they're helping out. If this is the case at your TRU w/ the 12 Yoda's, your chances have gone from bad to worse.

figrin bran
04-02-2005, 12:02 AM
you can order holo yoda at toysrus.com right NOW!!!! (9.99 each)

vemnox
04-02-2005, 12:23 AM

Where? I don't see it.

stillakid
04-02-2005, 12:28 AM

You so ROCK!!!! :D Thanks for the update. I have my order for Yoda already in along with a ten pack o' clones. :D

Now, a good night's sleep and then off to be a dork in front of Target for a little Lava Vader. :classic:

James Boba Fettfield
04-02-2005, 12:34 AM
Thanks to the Binks to alerting me to this sale.

Beast
04-02-2005, 12:55 AM
Thanks to the Binks to alerting me to this sale.
Youssa mooie mooie welcome, meesa friend. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Slicker
04-02-2005, 12:57 AM
Just put my order in for it. Thanks to whoever alerted us to it. Now I don't have to worry about that one.:D

dindae
04-02-2005, 12:58 AM
Yeah that's how I did it. I forgot about it be open at midnight. Oh well. And for those who want a link.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0007PGJB2/qid=1112421686/sr=1-11/ref=sr_1_11/103-4340514-1326223?v=glance&s=toys

Kidhuman
04-02-2005, 01:27 AM
Thanks for the heads up to Malakite, and thanks to Dindae for the link I ordered mine.

DarthQuack
04-02-2005, 01:36 AM
Just put in my order as well!! Had a great night of finds!

plasticfetish
04-02-2005, 06:08 AM
So... my TRU had 12 of these figures tonight (damn straight I got one) and they said that they'd have an unknown quantity of them on the 10th as a gift with purchase.

jimmymiro12
04-02-2005, 08:49 AM
Well I got mine last night. My mom said to throw her stuff and that we could always return what I din't want to get something else.

DOES anyone know which figure is better the deluxe Palpatine or the basic that has the lightsaber?

Kidhuman
04-02-2005, 11:41 AM
Does Yoda come in a clamshell?

Rebo's_Guitarist
04-02-2005, 11:55 AM
No clamshells, I bought mine at tru for 9.99

Greyfolk
04-02-2005, 12:01 PM
So... my TRU had 12 of these figures tonight (damn straight I got one) and they said that they'd have an unknown quantity of them on the 10th as a gift with purchase.

My ToyRUs told me that they only had the 25 for MM and that they won't have any on the 10th. What is the truth?

-Greyfolk

jimmymiro12
04-02-2005, 06:37 PM
I think it really depends on the store. I know this is not about tru but my target had 60 lava vaders instead on 48. If you didn't know already you can get it over amazon. Just search holographic yoda

dindae
04-02-2005, 07:00 PM
An disappointing side note: Of the 12 that were at the store apparently at least 3 went to employees. What sucks worse is one of the employees was so excited about it he was showing it off to a customer that didn't get one! :eek:

Ji'dai
04-02-2005, 08:25 PM
Walked into TRU this morning at 9:30 opening and was met at the entrance with an employee that had a case of holo Yodas to hand out to people as they came into the store. I was second in the door so went ahead and got one for $9.99. I don't like paying that price but at least it's not a rehashed POTF2 salt shaker.

Jedi
04-03-2005, 02:15 PM
Now that the hysteria over the Holographic Yoda's release on 4/2 has dissipated, has anyone inquired to their local TRU as to whether they will be replenishing their supply on 4/10 by means of the $25 minimum purchase promotion?

Thanks!!
Jedi

Hellboy
04-03-2005, 04:35 PM
Well even though I had intended to bypass TRU altogether I was forced to go there because they were the only store around here that got the Wave 3 case assortments which have #'s 33-40 in them. I asked about the Holo-Yoda but by the time I got there the 12 figures the store had available were long gone. No big deal though since I was more interested in the other figures and the employees were actually pretty helpful for once letting us crack open fresh cases so my friend and I could get some of the higher numbered Clones. :cool:

ronhudy
04-04-2005, 11:42 AM
I asked and they said they didn't know when they were getting more in...but I'll be there on 4/10 anyway to check.

Jedi
04-04-2005, 12:32 PM
And there wasn't a weekly ad to put our minds at ease, was there? At least there wasn't a circular where I live....

moulman
04-04-2005, 12:34 PM
I called my local TRU, all they said was that they would be getting in more and to call back later.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
04-04-2005, 02:06 PM
According to sombody I know who works at a TRU, each store is supposed to be getting 6 cases of Holo Yodas in time for the 4/10 promotion.

evenflow
04-04-2005, 03:07 PM
I got my e-mail from Amazon telling me mine has shipped.

Jedi
04-06-2005, 01:47 PM
According to the homepage here, the Holographic Yoda will be available in all TRU stores on 4/25 with a $25 purchase...I thought it was scheduled for 4/10?!
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=31240

Sincerely,
Jedi

tagmac
04-06-2005, 02:41 PM
The TRU I went to said that they would be getting figs 25-36 next week (since they only had up to #24 at MM). I assumed it had something to do with the Yoda, so I wonder if the figure release was pushed back, too.

Either that, or I heard wrong and he meant 25-32, which would mean TRU would join Target and Wal-Mart in having all the figs through Aayla Secura. Is it true that, while seeing extremely limited release for MM, 33-40 is actually not supposed to be released until May?

SirSteve
04-06-2005, 03:29 PM
That news came from TRU themselves so.....

ShadowProjectX
04-06-2005, 03:59 PM
So me having Amazon send me an email when the holo Yoda comes back in stock is a waste of time now because they won't be offered online any more?

Do the stores take preorders? And how many per store will be offered?
I really want one. The TRU I went to for MM only had 6 Yodas.

CrossWizard
04-06-2005, 04:23 PM
April 25th is not even a sunday so the info is wrong.

Warryyr
04-06-2005, 04:23 PM
That can't be right since the announcement states Sunday, April 25th. The 25th is a Monday (the day after CIII ends). Is it possible whoever sent the information got the $25 number and the 25th release date confused?

jimmymiro12
04-06-2005, 04:35 PM
tagmacThe TRU I went to said that they would be getting figs 25-36 next week (since they only had up to #24 at MM). I assumed it had something to do with the Yoda, so I wonder if the figure release was pushed back, too.

Either that, or I heard wrong and he meant 25-32, which would mean TRU would join Target and Wal-Mart in having all the figs through Aayla Secura. Is it true that, while seeing extremely limited release for MM, 33-40 is actually not supposed to be released until May?

Well I was wonder if you got an extra clone commander how much would you sell it to me for?
thanks,
jimmy M

Lman316
04-06-2005, 04:51 PM
Well, I hope the information gets corrected. I was lucky enough to order one on Amazon right after I got back from MM (and I actually got it in the mail today :D), and I'd really like to get one more - it's a great looking figure. But the nearest TRU is about two hours away from me and I wouldn't want to make the trip for nothing.

End...

CrunchyNug
04-06-2005, 05:00 PM
I just spoke with the VERY friendly manager of my local Los Angeles TRU and he said that they are getting several cases of the Yodas for this weekend's sale. They are still FREE with a purchase of $25 (Star Wars stuff).

El Chuxter
04-06-2005, 05:24 PM
Dear Toys R Us,

Why do you suck so badly? And how do you suck so completely without violating some natural law?

You cannot get any information about the exclusive figure, which you have made such a big deal about and which we all want, correct. Your employees either know jacksquat or are instructed to play ignorant on the telephone. You do not get all the toys you should have for the midnight madness sale you've made such a huge fuss about. You specifically told me that you would not be matching Wal-Mart's advertised price due to this being a special event at your store, but I found out after the fact that you did match their price at every store.

With such wonderful service, outstanding prices, and willingness to make collectors and kids happy, I cannot fathom why your stores are doing so incredibly poorly.

Yours truly,
L. Chuxter, Esq.

hestep99
04-06-2005, 05:35 PM
Amen Chuxter

This is very very bad for public relations, I hope they realize how damaging this is.

Blue2th
04-06-2005, 08:20 PM
I did manage to order one Holo Yoda in the few hours after MM. Low and behold he came in today, all crushed with damaged corners of course. Along with the one Jedi council set that was on sale. Also crushed. Good thing I also collect loose figures, and was expecting them to be damaged as usual. Typical packing monkeys at TRU. :ermm:

hestep99
04-06-2005, 08:46 PM
That sucks blue

DarthQuack
04-06-2005, 08:47 PM
I ordered mine from Amazon, and it has since shipped, just not reached my destination yet. :)

Lman316
04-06-2005, 09:12 PM
I did manage to order one Holo Yoda in the few hours after MM. Low and behold he came in today, all crushed with damaged corners of course. Along with the one Jedi council set that was on sale. Also crushed. Good thing I also collect loose figures, and was expecting them to be damaged as usual. Typical packing monkeys at TRU. :ermm:

I'm sorry to hear that - I really hate when someone (especially an actual store, not just some guy on Ebay) doesn't pack correctly. But I got three other figures with my Yoda and none of the packages were in bad shape. I guess it must be hit or miss.

End...

tagmac
04-06-2005, 10:33 PM
This is gonna anger a few people, I'm sure. I was in TRU today, and as I walked over to the pegs, I see some guy look behind a bunch of figs on the pegs and pull out not one, but TWO holo Yodas! I don't know if these were returned by people who didn't realize they'd paid $10 for it at MM, or if an employee clued the guy in, but by the look on his face at grabbing two, I wouldn't be surprised to see two more Yodas on ebay coming out of Monmouth County, NJ. I'm glad I got mine last week, or I'd have been even more PO'd.

darko666
04-07-2005, 12:33 AM
i got screwed in getting one of the holo yodas durning MM. my friend who works there didn't even know they were handing out tickets for the figure. and they only had 10 figures. they handed out the tickets to the first 10 people in line and i just missed out being the 11th person in line. my friend also told me that april 10 is when the holo yodas will be arriving at the TRU on Long Island. so hopefully that is still true.

Joshkj
04-07-2005, 12:45 AM
I went to TRU and ended up getting 5 figs, all clones. On thier HUGE display, they had thhe most peg warmers i have ever seen. And the only reson I got the clones is because I dug throught the pool thing filled with them. There was another guy there looking for clones , but he was liike an old geyser(21) and I had the help of my two younger bros who have my crazy clone finding super power. So through diging through the thing we ended up destroying at least 200 cards, but did find some clones. Sorry any MOC collecters at TRU oceanside :)

WesleySr
04-07-2005, 12:50 AM
Just to let everyone know, my friend that works at TRU told me something interesting. Now I don't know if this is going to apply to all stores, but I don't see how 1 store could take it upon themselves to invoke this policy. So here it is, starting the week after next TRU will no longer price match any competitor's ads. Like I said, I don't know if this is a single store policy, but I doubt it. Also, the store I am referring to is South Charleston, WV.

figrin bran
04-07-2005, 03:17 AM
the one i ordered from amazon/toysrus.com arrived today. i'm tempted to open it so for those that do have it already, should i do it? unlike the lava vader, it looks too nice not to open! and only by opening it can i appreciate it being a clear figure.

JEDIpartner
04-07-2005, 10:01 AM
Dear Toys R Us,

Why do you suck so badly? And how do you suck so completely without violating some natural law?

You cannot get any information about the exclusive figure, which you have made such a big deal about and which we all want, correct. Your employees either know jacksquat or are instructed to play ignorant on the telephone. You do not get all the toys you should have for the midnight madness sale you've made such a huge fuss about. You specifically told me that you would not be matching Wal-Mart's advertised price due to this being a special event at your store, but I found out after the fact that you did match their price at every store.

With such wonderful service, outstanding prices, and willingness to make collectors and kids happy, I cannot fathom why your stores are doing so incredibly poorly.

Yours truly,
L. Chuxter, Esq.

That rules... completely.

yoda83
04-07-2005, 12:26 PM
The Toys R Us near me just got in 2 cases of 12 Yodas on their truck today (04/07). They were real strict on the 1 per customer for those still looking for them, and then they brought the rest of them to the back, which might mean they have to hold them until the promotion

sith_killer_99
04-07-2005, 12:26 PM
the one i ordered from amazon/toysrus.com arrived today. i'm tempted to open it so for those that do have it already, should i do it? unlike the lava vader, it looks too nice not to open! and only by opening it can i appreciate it being a clear figure.

Nah, if you really want a clear Yoda, just buy the GG Bust-Ups clear Yoda, you get the same affect. ;) :crazed:

El Chuxter
04-07-2005, 12:36 PM
I did see a picture of a Yoda hologram on Hyperspace, so I plan to open mine. Assuming I can get one with all the crap TRU's pulling.

Kidhuman
04-07-2005, 12:42 PM
Man o man, makes me happy I ordered one on amazon.

General_Grievous
04-07-2005, 07:50 PM
Whoa, whoa whoa. Hold up, guys. I've just recieved word that the Yoda figure will be available on Sunday. I just called my TRU. The action figure department manager told me that they WILL have it. So call your TRUs and check. The 25th thing is just a mistake.

hestep99
04-07-2005, 08:20 PM
I think toyrus is having all this ambiguity to cause collectors to keep coming in and buying stuff and move all their inventory. They flat out lie to you that way you don't know what's going on and you have to keep calling or dropping by. Not to metion most employees don't care. Anyways, hopefully we'll all get the yoda and maybe there will be a little more planned out for exclusive #2. But you know they wont. Peace.

BFett88
04-07-2005, 08:22 PM
My Holographic Yoda came in today from Amazon. This figure is awsome, the package was in great contidion. I think I might have to get another to take out of package.

evenflow
04-07-2005, 09:52 PM
I got mine from Amazon, came in fine condition, but it woul dhave been nice if it was in a nice case like they did with the Lava Vader.

Jedi
04-07-2005, 10:09 PM
Supposedly the deal is that buying $25 worth of Star Wars merchandise means you get a free Holographic Yoda. Does the Star Wars merchandise have to be strictly Hasbro-related? Secondly, if you buy $50 worth of merchandise, do you get two Yodas?

Just curious....

Jedi

El Chuxter
04-08-2005, 11:15 AM
A) I believe they specifically said at some point it had to be Hasbro SW merchandise, though I doubt many cashiers will check. Of course, they've said lots of things, so who knows? :)

B) Assuming they operate the same way as they have with previous "buy $X of SW merchandise and get Y exclusive free" deals, it's one Yoda per person. . . per purchase. So either give a friend or family member $25 to get the merchandise for a second Yoda, or just buy some, go back to the rack, pick up more, buy it, go to a different register, and get a second Yoda.

hestep99
04-08-2005, 05:01 PM
I hope I can find a republic gunship, but I held off on getting openable figures so hopefully I can find all the ones I wanted to open and get me a yoda.

Dark Annie
04-08-2005, 06:45 PM
I know this topic has been discussed many times already. I was just visiting TheForce.Net and this was the first article I read. I thought this might be helpful, although with all the crap TRU has been pulling, I wouldn't hold my breath on anything.

According to the "reminder article": Holographic Yoda will be available starting 4/10 free with a purchase of $25 or more of Hasbro Star Wars Merchandise So it is not being sold seperately for $9.99 as it was during midnight madness, and will not be released on 4/25.

In the picture posted on rebelscum.com (try this link: http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/toys2005/TRUad_4-10.jpg ) you can also see in the fine print that the $25 star wars purchase towards the exclusive does NOT include: LEGO, Video games, or electronic games. I also read somewhere else that star wars movies(i.e. Clone Wars series DVD, or the Trilogy on DVD) would not count towards the $25 purchase. So your best bet is to pick up 4 (or 5 if there cheaper in your area) of the basic figures that your missing, or some of the army builders, grab a yoda and run with it.

You can read the full article here:http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Toys_R_Us_Holographic_Yoda_This_Sunday_91136.asp

The people at my local TRU still keep giving me the runaround telling me that it might be, and it might not be available on 4/10 and that my safest bet would be to just stop by and find out on 4/10. I still don't have a Holo Yoda, so I'm going to do whatever I need to get one or two this Sunday. Hopefully they will finally have it and it won't be to much trouble get it. Peace.

Dark Annie
04-08-2005, 09:33 PM
I called my TRU again at about 7:30 this evening. After waiting on the line for 15 minutes i finally got a hold of the manager who tells me that he just had an entire case of Holo Yodas out and that they he had all throughout the day and sold out of them less than an hour before i had called. I asked if he would have more of them on 4/10 and he tells me that most of the TRU's will not be honoring the 4/10 offer and the Yodas are being sold at different times and dates at the discretion of the managers. He said he probably wont get any more on 4/10, but that i should come by and check, and buy other toys if i cant find it. At the end of the conversation he said: "Yeah, the Yoda toys were pretty cool. I think they are collectors items. You should get one." ...Well, gee thanks moron. Wut was I calling you about again, Holographic Yoda Toys? Oh, no I don't really want one. I just wanted to know how your sales were doing this month. wow... TRU is by far one of the most poorly run businesses i know. Happy Yoda Hunting Everyone!!! Peace.

Hellboy
04-08-2005, 09:53 PM
I just received an email from TRU about their 4/10 promotion but I think I'll head down there tomorrow and see if I can get one before Sunday since I've yet to get mine. If I don't I'll just pick one up online somewhere as I doubt they'll be fetching that much on the secondary market after a month or so of being out.

stillakid
04-08-2005, 10:37 PM
Wow. That sucks. I'm glad I ordered, and now have in hand, 3 I ordered online. Whew.

Darth Takeo
04-09-2005, 07:00 PM
The TRU here put theirs out today. You could either buy it for ten bucks or free with $25 purchase. I just bought one outright as they had nothing else I really wanted...

moulman
04-09-2005, 07:24 PM
went to my TRU today, to check to see if they were doing the yoda offer, and to look at the figures they have, to make sure ill have enough figs to buy tommorow. Manager said theyll open at 11 in the morning and that they have 72 yodas to give out...

Slicker
04-09-2005, 08:29 PM
I totally forgot about getting this guy. I think I already ordered one but it can't hurt to get another can it? I was at TRU today and forgot to look for or ask about them.

Hellboy
04-09-2005, 08:39 PM
My TRU said they wouldn't be available until tomorrow. I'm hoping that they actually put the Yodas on the pegs so I can pick out one in decent condition but knowing how that store works they'll probably have them behind the CS counter and limit them to 1 per customer. I'm fine with that as long as they allow me to be picky about the condition since I want this MOC. If they try and pull the you get what you get speech I'll return the $25 in merchandise right then and there.

moulman
04-09-2005, 08:55 PM
and then just hang onto the yoda? I like the sound of that :D

Dark Annie
04-09-2005, 10:40 PM
I called my TRU again and now they tell me that a lot of stores wont be getting any yodas since they had already recieved shipments last week and sold them all early. Im sick of all their crap. I think i will have to wait and get one online.

Jedi
04-10-2005, 10:57 AM
I just got back from my local TRU and they had the Holographic Yodas free with a $25 purchase or $9.99 separately. They didn't have many in stock but I sure am glad I got there early and got mine!!

Sincerely,
Jedi

WesleySr
04-10-2005, 11:24 AM
I just got back from my local TRU and they have 2 shopping baskets (the small carry ones) full of them. They are not available to purchase. The only way to get them is to spend $25. I think that this is the best way to do it, that way it will cut down on the scalpers (hopefully).

tagmac
04-10-2005, 12:38 PM
I went to my TRU earlier. The only thing they had new was hte AT-RT and a few more force battlers, but nothing in the way of figures after #24. They had a bunch of Holo-Yodas, but since I got mine last week, and only needed the AT-RT, I didn't get another one. I did see people grabbing 2-3 Yodas, but I don't know what happened when they paid, if they were only allowed one. Knowing the TRU by me, they probably didn't care.

Ji'dai
04-10-2005, 12:55 PM
My TRU did have the promo for the free Yoda with purchase but I didn't see anything new so I left empty handed. If they had #33+ I might've got me another Yoda. I did buy the holo Yoda on April 2 for $10 though so at least I have one.

General_Grievous
04-10-2005, 02:55 PM
I got mine this morning. I walk in, and foolishly, the first thing I do is go to Customer Service. I ask them if they have the Yodas and they said that they'd have to give me a rain check because they hadn't recieved them yet. I walk over to the SW display anyway and what do I find? Four pegs of Holo Yodas. Rain check my a--. I wanted to go over to Customer Service and wave it in their faces, but I decided not to. So I picked up the Wheelbike and the Episode 3 scrapbook (just to complete the prequel scrapbook collection) along with Yoda and was off to the register. Turns out that it wasn't restricted to Hasbro stuff. It was any SW product in the store, funny enough. So I walked out proud that I got something for free that will probably be $20 on ebay in a few weeks. :)

kool-aid killer
04-10-2005, 03:34 PM
I got my Yoda today with no problem. Went in, picked up five figures i needed, rang them up, the lone cashier was well aware of the promotion, she went behind the customer service desk and grabbed one immediately, scanned it and dropped it in with the rest. I was very pleased, this TRU has been shoddy in the past but it looks like they knew what the deal was today.

Sentinel18725
04-10-2005, 03:48 PM
Went to the TRU on Western/Belmont in Chicago. They had a metal bin in the middle of the SW area. About 20 Yodas in there. Picked one up. Had to buy some vehicles to get it for free, but I was eventually going to get them anyway. Glad to have this done. Now, let's start the quest for the rest of the exclusive figures in the coming months...... lol

hestep99
04-10-2005, 04:25 PM
Finally picked up a couple of yodas today. Whew what a relief. TRU in richmond had like 60. Wonder how long they'll last. Anyways.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-10-2005, 11:17 PM
I was able to get a Holo Yoda today. Stopped at both Fred Meyers in town first to look for figures. I had yet to see any figures beyond the preview figures there, but maybe I was looking in the wrong spot. When I got to the new Fred Meyer, I saw an endcap with a couple pegs of figures and found Padmé. Now I have #1-32 except for blue guard. TRU wasn't open for another hour yet so I checked Target quickly before going there. Nothing new there. I went to TRU at about 10:15 just to see if anyone was waiting and there were about a dozen people. Not too many more showed up before they opened at 11am. People were crowded around the figures and it didn't look like they had anything new so I just grabbed an ARC 170 Fighter and got out of there. That was more than enough to put me over the $25 needed to get the Yoda, which they gave out at the customer service desk after showing my receipt.

sjd9299
04-11-2005, 12:20 AM
Went to TRU in Erie, PA. They had two bins full of Yodas. There was nothing I really needed or wanted but I had to spend that blasted $25. My buddy didn't have $25 to blow so he asked the manager if he could just buy one. After some fast talking and convincing he left with a holo Yoda too. Just paid the $9.99. Have not found anything over #32 except for one #34 clone pilot.

MiamiTJ
04-11-2005, 02:01 AM
Tons of Holo Yodas today at the local TRU ... They were tossed in a bin and almost all were pretty beat up. Its an exclusive TRU, will you ever learn to take better care of them ??????????? Paid for 3 and got 1 free.

I still cant find anything above 32 ... Not one ...

ndjedi
04-11-2005, 02:11 AM
I got my second TRU Holo Yoda today (I was lucky to get one last Saturday) after I had to take in my receipt from Wed which I had about 28 bucks in figures purchased. I just had to pay .01 cent so they could get my Holo Yoda out of their system. Crazy huh? At least I now have two!

jwmc1971
04-11-2005, 09:00 AM
what people arent realizing is if you kept your walmart reciept , you simply buy the same stuff you already have and return it to wally world ...the stuff has the same sku !!! i did ! i bought 3 that way by myself , then got ALL my $$$ back . end of story . BTW , my trus had like 4 registers and CS going with the amount of people there .each reg had like 10 figs and they werent paying attention to who was going thru the lines ..hence my 3 at that store alone:D !!

Major Karr
04-11-2005, 09:21 AM
At the TRU I went to, I just took the Yoda to the register and the guy rang it up for $9.99 (and the Lego TIE for $4.99) and out the door I went. They had absolutely nothing I needed ROTS or Lego. I don't think you have to waste the money and hassle of returning things to get what you really want.

jwmc1971
04-11-2005, 11:54 AM
true ...but the moral of the story here is that the figure ultimately was FREE !! and almost all of us HAD to buy 25$ worth of toys just to get close to the prize .so , why not turn it on them ?? they set up the rules.....:crazed::crazed::crazed:

Scackmgack
04-11-2005, 12:23 PM
TRU actually earned some points with me yesterday. I was returning a bunch of stuff I didn't want (got it cheaper at Target) and asked at the customer service desk about the holographic Yodas. One of the women behind the desk said to the person helping me "Did he buy $25 worth of Star Wars stuff?" and I said "I'm going to if it gets me a free Yoda figure," so the second woman got a Yoda and gave it to the woman helping me, who handed it over once she was done refunding my money.

I asked if I could just buy the Yoda outright, and then noticed the $9.99 price sticker. I was going to do so, and then I realized that even with the stuff I had returned I had bought way more than $25 worth of stuff, so why shouldn't I get the Yoda for free, considering that they were supposed to be there for MM and that was why I went out of my way to be at TRU that night in the first place.

This seemed to make perfect sense to one of the managers, and she let me have the Yoda for free. :)

hestep99
04-11-2005, 01:07 PM
That is cool, My TRU had better be glad they had enough or I was really going to throw a fit. Violence or figures take your pic. Haha

ace2005
04-11-2005, 01:45 PM
The TRU Holo Yoda, well like some people in Houston, Texas we did not have many TRU doing the Midnight Madness sales here, but some TRU did get at least a case of Holo Yoda, but most gave out the speech of a April 10, ad sale. April 10, has come and gone out of the 5 Tru in the Southwest, Houston, Texas area 4 out of five actually got the pieces. Many of them kept the figs at the service desk dictating it was one per customer and you had to do a 25 dollar purchase to get it free, although some did sell it for 9.99. Out of the four places that did get them only one place ran out. All in all between a group of us we walked away with 12 of them it wasn't as hard as the Target vader, which we have 2 of those for every TRU in the area.

There is still plenty for those who did not make it out on the first day.

Good Luck,

El Chuxter
04-11-2005, 03:18 PM
I stopped by the TRU in Moreno Valley Friday night to get an idea of what I wanted to pick up. They already had the signs out for the Yoda. My wife asked them, and (though the first two people had no idea what was going on), they were down to their last few figures! I gave her my ATM card to pick up and ARC-170. There was apparently a problem with the terminal, and they had to ring it up as a credit card transaction. Obviously, I had to come over and sign.

But they let me pay for the ARC-170 and then immediately pay for some assorted ROTS toys I'd picked up myself and gave me two Yodas!

That store is always a huge joke, but this time it worked out in my favor. I'm sure it's worked out in the favor of several scalpers as well, sadly enough.

BanthaPoodoo
04-11-2005, 03:36 PM
The TRU in my area is so out of touch, I could probably go in there & buy several yodas for $0.01 a piece (being they are free with purchase)

I did that the last time when I got two silver R2-D2's!!! Think I paid either 1 cent or $1 a piece for em!

Dark Marble
04-11-2005, 05:19 PM
I was able to pick mine up today and had to but $25 with of stuff to do it. However, I did not buy everything that came out on the 2nd so it wasn't hard to do. This is a very nice figure, better then the lava vader in my opinion.

friend_of_vader
04-12-2005, 06:33 PM
I made a quick stop at my Toys R' Us yesterday (04-11-05) and found a holographic Yoda mixed in with the regular stuff on the pegs....mind you I nearly **** a brick, and it rang up for regular purchase price of the normal figs. Has anyone else come across this or am I just insanely lucky?

Bantha274
04-12-2005, 06:51 PM
Here's a tip for you all for what I did Sunday:

Went to TRU. Bought $25 worth of ROTS stuff. Got the "free" Holo-Yoda.
Went back on Monday and returned the $25 worth of ROTS stuff.
Now I have a FREE Holo-Yoda!

dindae
04-12-2005, 07:57 PM
Well after ordering mine I look at the tracking number it shows delivered. Alas I have nothing nor do I have the money to spend spend another $25 right now so I will probably miss this unless amazon has an extra (right now they show sold out) and are will to give it to me even though it shows delivered. Mailman can bite my ***. :mad:

WesleySr
04-12-2005, 08:02 PM
Well after ordering mine I look at the tracking number it shows delivered. Alas I have nothing nor do I have the money to spend spend another $25 right now so I will probably miss this unless amazon has an extra (right now they show sold out) and are will to give it to me even though it shows delivered. Mailman can bite my ***. :mad:

You should write Amazon and complain. That happened to me once with Entertainment Earth. The UPS person signed my name to the package and left it on the doorstep and someone took it. It wasn't the first time that UPS had done that either. Was the holo Yoda the only thing that you did not receive?

WesleySr
04-12-2005, 08:04 PM
Here's a tip for you all for what I did Sunday:

Went to TRU. Bought $25 worth of ROTS stuff. Got the "free" Holo-Yoda.
Went back on Monday and returned the $25 worth of ROTS stuff.
Now I have a FREE Holo-Yoda!

That is just dishonest. I wouldn't come in here bragging about that considering the rest of us either paid $10 for him or actually kept the $25 worth of stuff that we purchased.

Bantha274
04-12-2005, 09:00 PM
I've spent a LOT of money on Star Wars items over the past 30 years. Thousands of dollars as a matter of fact.
One "free" figure is not a big deal.

Also, they could have made a no return policy or something, but they didn't.
And I have NEVER returned a SW product ever in my life, so this is a first.
Had the scalpers/hoarders not taken all these figures on 4/2, I would have had one then. But they were gone 10 minutes after the store opened at midnight.

Does that seem fair to you? Seems pretty f***ed up to me.

Or how about the people who were getting $20 or more on e-bay for the Holo Yoda on 4/3? Probably the same people who bought them out the night before.

I don't feel bad at all about what I did.
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

dindae
04-12-2005, 10:54 PM
You should write Amazon and complain. That happened to me once with Entertainment Earth. The UPS person signed my name to the package and left it on the doorstep and someone took it. It wasn't the first time that UPS had done that either. Was the holo Yoda the only thing that you did not receive?
I wrote them but they did ship it so it isn't amazon's fault. Apparently the postman also delivered some old guys viagra pills to my house. My girlfriend went to stuff them in his mailbox but he was out there so she handed them to him directly. Now if someone has a right to be PO'd its that guy. A figure I can buy again but pride is hard to come by. :p

bobafrett
04-13-2005, 12:00 AM
I wrote them but they did ship it so it isn't amazon's fault. Apparently the postman also delivered some old guys viagra pills to my house. My girlfriend went to stuff them in his mailbox but he was out there so she handed them to him directly. Now if someone has a right to be PO'd its that guy. A figure I can buy again but pride is hard to come by. :p

Tell her I said "thanks". :p

The Old Guy.

dindae
04-13-2005, 08:30 AM
Tell her I said "thanks". :p

The Old Guy.

LOL I will. Well to my surprise Amazon is going to pull through on this one and replace the figure. I am very pleased. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Kidhuman
04-13-2005, 09:14 AM
What a trade. Viagra for Holo Yoda. If that isnt enough for that guy to........

megaprime33
04-13-2005, 09:27 AM
I havent had a chance to read through every single post, so forgive me if this has been posted before, but how long will holo yoda be available with purchase? I want to get that trivial pursuit game but need to come up with the cash first.

dindae
04-13-2005, 09:36 AM
I havent had a chance to read through every single post, so forgive me if this has been posted before, but how long will holo yoda be available with purchase? I want to get that trivial pursuit game but need to come up with the cash first.

The ever popular "while supplies last".

cdatkins
04-13-2005, 11:36 AM
I bought a TRU Holo Yoda last night for 10.49. I didn't know if I would be able to get it but they had some sitting in a bin so I took it to a register and they let me buy it.

WesleySr
04-13-2005, 12:10 PM

I think I am going to call my TRU and see if they have anymore Yodas. I purchased the TP game during MM and I think that I will purchase it again and return the other one with the MM receipt. My TRU only got 12 Yodas for MM and I wasn't there to get one. I went to WM first.

xwing_5
04-13-2005, 02:43 PM
How "Limited" is this figure?
At MM it was only 12 per store, then it is not supposed to be at any store until the 10th of April, now I see them all over the TRU's that I have been to. Some on the pegs with the other figs, and others in a special bin that the TRU employees happly "threw" into.
What is the "collectability" of this figure? How rare is it? Am I just lucky to find it where I have been? Or are they not as rare as everyone thinks they are?

megaprime33
04-13-2005, 04:49 PM
Is there a restrictions on this figure as well? Like can you buy SW board games or does it have to be figures and vehicles??

Mandalorian Candidat
04-13-2005, 05:02 PM
What a trade. Viagra for Holo Yoda. If that isnt enough for that guy to........

No, you guys don't get it. The Viagra was for the Yoda. After 800 years, even a jedi master needs a little some'in some'in.

JediTricks
04-13-2005, 07:05 PM
I hit a bunch of stores yesterday, and at the last-gasp stop, there was the ARC-170 I was looking for, so I got that and a free Holo Yoda. As a freebie, he's not too bad, but I can't see why anybody would pay $10 for him.

hestep99
04-13-2005, 08:54 PM
Is there a restrictions on this figure as well? Like can you buy SW board games or does it have to be figures and vehicles??

I think it's hasbro products

bobafrett
04-13-2005, 11:39 PM
I think it's hasbro products

They had a small sign saying what could be used toward the $25 price to get the free holo Yoda . I remember figures and accesories, but can't remember the third item. The lady who rung up my sale, said the Lego's didn't count toward the price. I would imagine it would have to be any Hasbro product, seeing as they are trying to increase sales of their product. I have read of some stores allowing any Star Wars product to count towards the purchase.

megaprime33
04-14-2005, 08:44 AM
They had a small sign saying what could be used toward the $25 price to get the free holo Yoda . I remember figures and accesories, but can't remember the third item. The lady who rung up my sale, said the Lego's didn't count toward the price. I would imagine it would have to be any Hasbro product, seeing as they are trying to increase sales of their product. I have read of some stores allowing any Star Wars product to count towards the purchase.
It's funny, I'm hearing different things about this. Some say its any hasbro product, some say its any star wars, some say its just figures and vehicles. I have no clue which it is. Well I guess it's all moot because by the time I actually get any spare time to head over there, there will probably be none left :(

Mandalorian Candidat
04-14-2005, 10:30 AM
I went back in to TRU last night to get another Yoda to open but this time they wouldn't let me buy one. They still had 4 sealed cases plus one open one at the CS counter. The first time the manager said it was OK because they weren't selling, but this time I was told that they absolutely were going to wait until the week was up before letting people buy them outright.

I was also told by two CS employees that the purchases toward the Yoda had to be Hasbro SW ROTS toys -- not Hasbro ROTS games, not Hasbro SW VOTC/CW/POTJ (which this store still has at $4.99) figures, nor Legos, nor books, nor anything else. They will let you use Attacktix and lightsabers toward the purchase (they have a promo right now for a BOGO Attacktix 3-sleeve set), though.

My rationale for just flat out buying the Yoda is that the figures are 75 cents more than WM so I'd rather not spend extra right now unless it is for something HTF, I mainly am looking for pegwarmers to be clearanced/put on sale before I get them so I'd rather not put out more money than I have to for something that will be around till them, there's really nothing else like vehicles or deluxe figures that interest me so why waste the $ for that?

If a store still has them by this point (Thursday), I'm thinking that everyone in that area who really wanted one (and had the money to get one) already has one. Why not just offer them up for general sale, at least for one to a customer?

Kidhuman
04-14-2005, 10:45 AM
Should have gotten two then. Or buy stuff, get the figure, return stuff.

WesleySr
04-14-2005, 12:04 PM
I called my TRU and they still have the Holo Yodas. I am going back up there later and get me another one. That way I have one opened and I will keep this one closed since it is an exclusive.

Ramy
04-14-2005, 03:14 PM
I called my TRU and they still have the Holo Yodas. I am going back up there later and get me another one. That way I have one opened and I will keep this one closed since it is an exclusive.

Could you pick me up one? The TRU near me has already sold all of them. This year I have been real unlucky with the exclusives and it's killing me.

JediTricks
04-15-2005, 08:11 PM
I went back with my MM receipt but they had run dry.

WesleySr
04-15-2005, 10:11 PM
I went back today and purchased the Trivial Pursuit and got another one. I will open one & keep one closed. They still had several more.

Ramy
04-15-2005, 10:19 PM
I went back today and purchased the Trivial Pursuit and got another one. I will open one & keep one closed. They still had several more.

Would you be willing to pick one up for a fellow collector? The TRU around here only got a few and they are all gone.

darko666
04-15-2005, 10:29 PM
I went back with my MM receipt but they had run dry.

same thing happend at the TRU's by me. i don't know if they plan on putting them out for sale again if purchases for figures dies down. i'm hoping they do, so i can at least purchase one more.

WesleySr
04-16-2005, 01:40 AM
Would you be willing to pick one up for a fellow collector? The TRU around here only got a few and they are all gone.

Yeah, I could pick another one up for you. What will ya give me? I mostly need CW stuff (missed most of it thank to KebCo).

Ramy
04-16-2005, 07:52 AM
Yeah, I could pick another one up for you. What will ya give me? I mostly need CW stuff (missed most of it thank to KebCo).

I just noticed where you are from. Do they still have them out at the Corridor G TRU? I work in Charleston but I car pool and don't have a vehicle to drive myself next week. I don't have any CW stuff. I have some extra figures from about 96 or 97 if you need any of them.

ace2005
04-16-2005, 05:19 PM
These Yoda TRU exclusives ended up being everywhere here in Houston, Texas. It seems the places that got them in time for the sale, pretty much ran out and the others that didn't get them until later in the week, just ended up dumping them in a wire basket, not even pegged, so you would not have to bother them for it. The only problem is these massive baskets usually are not too kind to figs.

Good Luck

they are still out there if you want it, saw some today.

DarthDiablo22
04-25-2005, 06:56 PM
There's a TRU by me that still has holo yodas....went there today i saw about 12 of them...they are 9.99.

DarthDiablo22
04-25-2005, 08:37 PM
Anyone else still finding holo yodas?

Kidhuman
04-26-2005, 01:21 AM
I got mine from AMazon last week. No damage to it what so ever. Great looking figure.

Hellboy
05-24-2005, 09:48 PM
The TRU in Times Square had literally hundreds of these for sale still, $9.99 a piece. For whatever reason this store seems to get figures that are difficult to find in some areas by the boatload. I remember when everybody was complaining about never seeing Ephant Mon back in 02' and this store had a ten foot wall full of them for under $3.

So if you're in the New York area and still need one of these I'm sure they'll be there for a while. FYI, they're not located in the ROTS section but under the Jurassic Park life size T-Rex if anybody is interested. :)

Blackened88
05-24-2005, 10:39 PM
I already have that Yoda but do they have #41 and Deluxe clones. Also what about the Gunship?

bats1990
05-24-2005, 11:33 PM
I just found the Gunship at Target today, $29.99. Also ToysRUs.com has the Gunship for $24.99. Plus shipping it isn't that bad of a price.

WesleySr
05-25-2005, 07:50 AM
I found the Gunship a couple of days ago at WM for $28.88. As for the #41 Clone Trooper, he is going to be the hard one to find out of that wave. He disappeared rather quickly, but the others from that wave are still floating around.

Hellboy
05-25-2005, 08:04 PM
I already have that Yoda but do they have #41 and Deluxe clones. Also what about the Gunship?

No, other than the Holo Yoda the Times Square store was a bust. No Gunships, nothing beyond #40 in the basic figure line and just the first wave of deluxe figures. Overall I was surprised at how hard the SW section had been hit considering this store usually has a sizeable inventory on hand but since I wasn't really looking for anything I didn't mind.

Blackened88
05-25-2005, 08:37 PM
Thanks alot HB