PDA

View Full Version : ROTS Battlepacks??

Beast
03-24-2005, 10:13 PM
Galactic Hunter posted info about some sets coming out in June that would include what seems to be several previously released figures along with some with unique tweaks. One of them is the often requested 'Obi-Wan Kenobi w/ Snap-On CloneTrooper Armor as appeared in the Clone Wars toon. It doesn't really say much about the other figures, as to whether or not they will be heavily modified or just a bunch of repacks. Here's the news from there, and a link at the early protos. Note that the Protos don't show the Obi w/ Clone Armor, so it's likely none of the figures pictured will be like the final product.

Alliance Collectibles: Pre-Order E3 Battlepacks
3/24/2005 5:16:18 PM | Reported by Advertising

Our new sponsors at Alliance Collectibles are now taking pre-orders for the latest assortment from Hasbro coming out this summer...Battle Packs! The two sets slated for release are a Jedi vs. Sith with Yoda, Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi (with snap-on Clone Trooper armor!), Asajj Ventress, and Darth Maul, and a Jedi vs. Separatist pack will include Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Mace Windu, General Grievous, and Jango Fett!

The Battle Packs are due for release in June. Click here to order in the special Galactic Hunter page at Alliance Collectibles and watch for more exclusive offers and deals!

Set of 2 star wars battlepacks
10 figures in all!!

pack 1-jedi vs sith: yoda, anakin skywalker, obi-wan kenobi with snap on clone trooper armor, asajj ventress and darth maul

pack 1-jedi vs sieparatists: anakin skywalker, obi-wan kenobi, mace windu, general grievous and jango fett

$59.99 (shipping extra)

figures will be boxed and in mint to nearmint condition

pre-order for july delivery
images of pre-order products may be prototypes
and are subject to change before shipment

http://alliancecollectibles.com/galactichunter.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Joshkj
03-24-2005, 10:39 PM
Obi-Wan Kenobi (with snap-on Clone Trooper armor!)

AWSOME, i was thingking about this last night after watching the annimated seeries. They should have a "Jedi General" line with the armor. They should also have Space armor for that one jedi in wed episode, if anyone saw it:beard:

Rocketboy
03-25-2005, 12:59 AM
Clonetrooper Obi-Wan sounds cool, but I'd rather see it in a new wave of animated figures.

Ventress and Maul?
Grievous and Fett?
Why mix the continuity? One was dead before the other was introduced.

Clonetrooper630
03-25-2005, 01:29 AM
Looks to me like repaints-Rehased figures Again.
The Clone Obiwan is probably the clone trooper from the speederbike, just with a new head meh....:ermm:

Slicker
03-25-2005, 08:33 AM
The Clone Armor Ben does indeed sound cool. As for Asajj...why?

dindae
03-25-2005, 08:54 AM
I think with the theme of the pack Asajj is the better choice since she and Maul aren't being offered in the main line. Every other sith will be.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-25-2005, 12:05 PM
These are likely the Target exclusives that they mentioned a few weeks ago. In those pictures, the figures aren't even the same ones listed! Well, they are, but not in the correct packs.

It almost looks like that Anakin on the top pic is a realistic "battle damage" figure from chapter 19, similar to the animated one they recently put out.
I honestly don't recognize those Obi-Wans, but neither of them have armor.
It looks like that's Geonosian Rescue Mace, but with a better face that's not screaming.

But as you said, they're not likely the final product. It would be cool if they gave us versions of those characters from the Clone Wars cartoon (Mace being the exception). These seem like those TRU 4-packs. Hopefully they'll have something better than just four old figures and one slightly new one . . .

Hellboy
03-25-2005, 04:37 PM
Oh sweet another Darth Maul figure. :rolleyes:

Kidhuman
03-25-2005, 05:08 PM
I just hope they arent 50 bucks a pop at retail

El Chuxter
03-25-2005, 05:28 PM
No kidding! These look like a true rarity: must-have multi-packs!

Beast
03-25-2005, 05:31 PM
I just hope they arent 50 bucks a pop at retail
Should be $20-$25 each or so, because it's $59.99 for both sets together. And I assume the price will be cheaper in the store. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
03-25-2005, 05:53 PM
Might these be the Wal-mart Early Bird sets then?

Beast
03-25-2005, 05:59 PM
Might these be the Wal-mart Early Bird sets then?
I don't think so. They could be the 'Collector Sets' that Target is supposed to put out May 8th. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks