PDA

View Full Version : Project Greenlight for Star Wars!

stillakid
01-05-2002, 11:58 PM
Ok, now that I've got you all in a tizzy...

I had an idea so crazy that it just might work. What about a contest of sorts where people could write the script for Ep III and the winning concept would be submitted to Lucasfilm, via our friends in high places at SirSteve's Guide?

Quite a challenge for sure. Not only does the Episode III story have to continue along the same lines as I and II, but it has to bridge the gap back to the original trilogy. Plot holes to fill, inconsistencies to wrestle with, but quite possibly the best Episode yet...if done correctly.

It's clear that we can't trust Lucas to do it right, or at least to the general fan's satisfaction, so it's worth a shot to at the very least, get some fan input into how the saga is eventually wrapped up.

For those of you not familiar with Project Greenlight, it is/was a concept set up through the auspices of Ben Affleck and Matt Damon, with the purpose of getting aspiring filmmakers through the door. The kick off was a feature project (behind the scenes documentary can be seen on Sundays, Independent Film Channel, check your local listings) in which thousands of people submitted scripts for a peer review. The "best" one was financed by Miramax to be made into a feature lenth movie. For more info, visit www.projectgreenlight.com.

This would be a perfect contest for Star Wars fans and aspiring filmmakers alike.

Anyone? Opinions?

2-1B
01-06-2002, 12:28 AM
I really like the Project Greenlight documentary. It's cool to see Pete Jones as the novice caught between many different personalities.

As for a Star Wars themed program - if you can find a fan who'd be willing to work with Rick McC. as his or her producer, then I'll support it.

Rollo Tomassi
01-06-2002, 06:18 AM
Go to Episode III SPOILERS---> Mace Windu's Death. We have put together pretty much the entire plot to Episode III. All that's missing is dialogue.

derek
01-06-2002, 12:23 PM
isn't project greenlight on HBO? i like to watch ben afflect complain to miramax executives that they need more money. he just looks like a whiner.:)

and did you hear about matt damon getting in trouble? sam adams, the beer company, put up the million for this project, but recently, damon was photographed drinking a coors.

wouldn't it be funny if someone printed this out and gave it to lucas? basically as stilla kid said, george we think you've lost it. we're gonna write this last film for you.:)

i vote for jeditricks to write the script. he rewrote episode 1 on the old forums and did a pretty good job.

and since we're talking matt damon, here's his old girlfriend:

stillakid
01-06-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by derek
isn't project greenlight on HBO? i like to watch ben afflect complain to miramax executives that they need more money. he just looks like a whiner.:)

and did you hear about matt damon getting in trouble? sam adams, the beer company, put up the million for this project, but recently, damon was photographed drinking a coors.

wouldn't it be funny if someone printed this out and gave it to lucas? basically as stilla kid said, george we think you've lost it. we're gonna write this last film for you.:)

i vote for jeditricks to write the script. he rewrote episode 1 on the old forums and did a pretty good job.

and since we're talking matt damon, here's his old girlfriend:

Derek, you're absolutely right. It is HBO. Sorry about that. I claim fatigue for my confusion.

GNT
01-06-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by stillakid
What about a contest of sorts where people could write the script for Ep III and the winning concept would be submitted to Lucasfilm, via our friends in high places at SirSteve's Guide?

The last contest we had never finished! I'm still waiting for the Banner contest to end,sirsteve ;)