PDA

View Full Version : Titanium Series Wave 2

Kidhuman
03-25-2005, 10:39 AM
Habsro.com has the new pics up. Looks like the snowspeeder is init.

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.news/id.1168/dn/default.cfm

Kidhuman
03-25-2005, 04:41 PM
Post about em and find em, gotta love that.....

Slicker
03-25-2005, 04:44 PM
And yet I still haven't seen the first wave at all.:mad:

JediTricks
03-25-2005, 06:29 PM
Nicely dicely. I too haven't found wave 1, but I'm really hoping I'll find waves 2 and up because I've been looking forward to the return of Die Cast MMs for a long time.

Jangu Fett
03-25-2005, 06:46 PM
That Jedi Fighter has a opening cockpit. MAybe it's big enough to fit a AF figure in?

Kidhuman
03-25-2005, 07:38 PM
The snowspeeder opens as well. I dunno whether I should open these. I think I will, but have to buy a shelf first. JT, you have a PM.

JediTricks
04-10-2005, 06:33 PM
Thanks to Kidhuman, I now have all 4 new molds from wave 2 as well as the Y-wing. The packaging on these is pretty cool in person, getting them free is kinda a pain since you have to cut SO MUCH tape and then the bottom of the bubble.

The AT-RT is nice to look at, but with no moving parts or features it's just a statue, and the limitations of die cast keep it from being a really sharp-looking statue at that. But it's still a nifty piece and looks quite authentic from what I've seen so far.

The Y-wing has a nicer "head" sculpt than I realized, I missed out on the original and now regret it. The only features are the turning ion cannon and the moveable landing gear, but the overall look is pretty effective and very "whooshable".

The Republic Gunship is pretty slick, but its package is a liar since it claims the doors are moveable when they are not. The ship only has 1 feature, the opening cockpit, but has a pretty nice sculpt and accurate shape, and the rubbery missile launchers at the top look pretty nice. It does have the same screws-in-one-side problem that the Hasbro figure version and Action Fleet version suffer from, but oh well.

The Droid Tri-Fighter is surprisingly big and hefty, and has a nice paint job. The sculpt is a little soft, but has enough detail to bring it to life, and the rotating center pod is a good feature to have. The non-removable missiles on the bottom give it a sense of which way is up, which is good because except for that and a slight deco change, the ship is idetical on all 3 sides, including adding a 3rd eye which I haven't seen on any of the other toys or in the movie version.

The Ep 3 Jedi Starfighter seems pretty small in package, but is actually not small for a die-cast in this line, and while the paint work is a bit simple there is more stuff going on. The sculpt seems very accurate except for the ultra-plain interior and slightly tall canopy. It has 3 features, first a set of moveable and really long landing gear, second an opening cockpit which doesn't actually open the way it does in the movie but close enough, and third the solar wings actually open and are even painted on the inside. I really like how this one looks with its wings open, and they're limited to open to the proper angles which makes me smile. This one is my favorite to "whoosh" of the set.

All in all, Hasbro needs to pick up the quality of their sculpting a little, and try not to let any vehicles go totally featureless like the AT-RT, but it's a welcome addition to my Micro Machines Die Cast collection and I'm glad to see even more on the way.

Kidhuman
04-10-2005, 09:09 PM
ANytime JT, was my pleasure to help a fellow collector. ANyway, why are we talking Titanium in the Target section? :beard:

JediTricks
04-11-2005, 07:50 PM
Target section? Why, whatever do you mean? This is the Titanium forum. :p (Yeah yeah, I realized just before reading the threads today that I had made that mistake and split these 2 posts off into the proper thread)

Kidhuman
04-11-2005, 07:51 PM
Long afternoon nap..... :beard:

I'm glad to see even more on the way.

Only via mail for you. :p

JediTricks
04-11-2005, 08:30 PM
That depends on how helpful you are KH. ;)

Kidhuman
04-11-2005, 08:33 PM
You know I got your back

sicqnus
04-22-2005, 12:48 PM
I received my first Titaniums today, I will share a few shots with you.
First : The new Jedi Starfighter.
What a cool toy ! At first, I must admit I love the packaging with the vehicles paintscheme printed on the cardboard insert. It looks great !
Once opened you have the ship in hands and it is quite heavy for its size. The paintjob is nicely done and the opening wings are a very nice feature.
The landing gears are long enough to diplay the fighter wings open.

Nota : The underside shows a 2005 GTI trademark : (Galoob Toys Incorporated ?).
;)

More to follow.

sicqnus
04-22-2005, 01:43 PM
Hasbro made a cool Flash Titanium gallery on their website :
http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/dir.titanium/dn/default.cfm

SirSteves's C3 coverage :
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=3798

sicqnus
04-25-2005, 06:22 AM
Today, a few pics of the Tri-Drod Starfighter. It's bigger and heavier than the ETA-2 JSF. The apparent screws are curious looking because they are apparent in all angles, on the three arms. It is made of HEAVY die-cast metal and the only parts made of plastic are the guns, the center rotating sphere and the two missiles located underside wich should contain Buzz Droids (in the movie ;) ).
The center sphere is transparent but it looks like they tried to make an "effect" inside (well, sort of...) with a drip or two of (ink ? paint ?) ...well something odd to say the least :sur: . See one closely and you will understand what I mean.

Obviously, a very cool looking toy and if the last reports are true, most Wal*Mart have received their shipments. :greedy: Go and spend your pocket money :p !

sergiurusu
04-25-2005, 08:54 AM
I've received them today from my friend short4astormtrooper! :) :) They look really cool but I still neeed Action Fleet :(

SWAFMAN
05-07-2005, 07:32 PM
I finally saw some of these in a local wal mart. They only had one Jedi Starfighter, which had a paint scratch or I would've bought it. They had no tri-droid starfighters. There were snowspeeders and a-wings and falcons and a rebel gunship, but I have to say that none of those impressed me at all. The seam that runs down the entire midline of the gunship is way too obvious, and the panel lines and other detailing on the snowspeeder reminded me of something for toddlers by Fisher-Price. The only ones I may get of these are those that were never released as AF.

I also was in a Target today and saw what I guess are exclusives: twin-packs of micros with Sancrawlers, TIE Fighters, Falcons, etc. I never collected much of the real micro machines, mostly AF, so the only one of the micros that I thought was interesting was the TIE fighter. I saw no Titaniums at Target. Are the Titaniums only in Wal Marts in the USA?

What I did see at Target that I really liked was a line of Matchbox die-cast airplanes, a couple of which look like perfect scale matches for the Galoob Battle Squads WWII planes. Anyway, that's my two-cents. Titaniums? Feh...(so far).

...just an afterthought - if Hasbro really does release a 6" line of SW die-casts, I sure hope they take the assembly more seriously than they have with some of the current titaniums If they can't do better as far as making tighter, barely visible seams for the fuselages or other main sections, the bigger ships are going to look horrible. Screw/fastener holes will need to be thoughtfully located so they don't ruin the presentation quality. And that doesn't even take into account any detailing of the sculpts and paint.

Is it just me, or is anyone else underwhelmed with the Titaniums of the pre-ep3 vehicles?

AndyW
05-08-2005, 06:07 AM
I received my first Titaniums today, I will share a few shots with you.

Have these made it to france sicqnus?Or did you get them online?

sicqnus
05-08-2005, 10:30 AM
I got them from Ebay. I received this week a full serie 2. Finally I like the AT-RT, the Republic Gunship is disappointing, personally I love the A-wing and the Snowspeeder (I remember they were pretty expensive in their '97 packaging on Ebay...). The StarDestroyer is still ugly and I always thought the Y-wing is fu--ed-up.
All the Ep.3 Titaniums are good looking, I'm impatient to see the ARC-170 or the Clone Swampspeeder.
I have a Tie Bomber in front of me and to me it's one of the geatest of the DC line ! I'm curious to see how it will look in the Titanium packaging.

SWAFMAN
05-08-2005, 02:02 PM
...the Republic Gunship is disappointing, personally I love the A-wing and the Snowspeeder...

sicqnus, yes, I typo'd on the name - it's republic not rebel :crazed: but relieved to hear I'm not alone in my assessment. But you're happy with the a-wing and snowspeeder? I admit I didn't see them out of the package, but they seemed too squat and fat (sort of over-inflated) and I thought the detailing was very soft (as opposed to sharp and crisp) and ham-handed.

Just my opinion, not claiming my views are any more right than anyone else's. And I'm not judging them vs. earlier die-casts or MMs, but by AFs and film still-frames, so maybe I'm being too critical?

vulcantouch
05-09-2005, 01:24 PM
-what, you don't recall my prev (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=386435&postcount=10) posts (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=392217&postcount=922), several of whose thoughts yours echoes? ;)

"not claiming my views are any more right"
-maybe you aren't, but I Am claiming your views are more right here ;)
vt