Kidhuman
03-25-2005, 10:40 AM
Hasbro.com has posted pics of the newest Target Exclusives wave 2

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.news/id.1170/dn/default.cfm

stillakid
03-25-2005, 10:45 AM
Hasbro.com has posted pics of the newest Target Exclusives wave 2

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.news/id.1170/dn/default.cfm

Those look really good. I'll be on the lookout. Thanks!

Slicker
03-25-2005, 11:08 AM
Indeed these are very nice. I like the combinations they put in them.

StarmanSkywalker
03-25-2005, 02:00 PM
I will get them all. Same for Wave 1. I just hope they'll bring out PT vehicles only from the next wave on (let's just hope there will be one).
Here are a couple of ideas:

The Phantom Menace
Naboo Fighter and Droid Fighter (includes Naboo Fighter Pilot and Pilot Battle Droid)
Anakin's Podrace and Sebulpa's Podrace (w/ Anakin and Sebulpa)
Republic Cruiser and Trade Federation Droid Control Ship (w/ Qui-Gon and Holographic Sidious)
Royal Starship and Sith Infiltrator (w/ Queen Amidala and Darth Maul)
MTT Tank (w/ pull out Troop Carrier) and Gungan Sub (Bongo) (w/ Obi Wan and Jar Jar Binks)
AAT Tank and Flash Speeder (w/ Droid Commander and Captain Panaka)
Trade Federation Landing Ship and Gian Speeder (w/ Battle Droid and Padmé)

Attack Of The Clones
AT-TE and Hailfire Droid (w/ Clone Trooper and Battle Droid)
Republic Gunship and Homing Spider Droid (w/ Clone Trooper and Super Battle Droid)
Jedi Starfighter and Jango's Slave 1 (w/ Obi Wan and Jango Fett)
Anakin's Hot Rod Speeder and Zam's Speeder (w/ Anakin and Zam Wesell)
Naboo Royal Yacht and Geonosis Fighter (w/ Padmé and Geonosian Pilot)
Naboo Royal Cruiser and Battle Damaged Naboo Fighter (w/ Captain Typho and Pilot Padmé)
Republic Dropship and Republic Walker (w/ Yoda and Kit Fisto)
Republic Landing Ship and Dooku's Solar Sailer (w/ Count Dooku and Clone Commander)
Reek, Acklay, Nexu (w/ Mace Windu and Aalya Secura)

Revenge Of The Sith
Anakin's Starfighter and Obi Wan's Starfighter (w/ Anakin and Obi Wan)
ARC 170 Starfighter and Tri Droid Fighter (w/ Republic Pilot and Security Battle Droid)
Grievous' Invisible Hand and Republic Flag Ship (w/ Grievous' Bodyguard and Clone Commander)
Grievous' Wheel Bike and Boga (w/ Obi Wan and General Grievous)
Shuttle and V-Wing (w/ Emperor and V-Wing Pilot)
Naboo ship and ???? (w/ Padmé and Anakin)

JediTricks
03-25-2005, 06:39 PM
I won't be getting these for the simple reason that I already have them from the JC Penny set. The DV TIE has a window that's not shaped quite right, but it's still a rare piece to have because it was never done as a Die Cast. I am glad that Hasbro is putting these out, but they're no substitution for true Micro Machines or NEW molds.

Jangu Fett
03-25-2005, 06:42 PM
Those are great ideas StarmanSkywalker, her are some others for ROTS.

Wookie Catamarin and Tank Droid - Chewbacca and Super Battle Droid
AT-RT and Clone Turbo Tank ( Juggernaut ) - Turbo Tank Driver and Commander Cody
Can-Cell and CIS Gunship - Yoda and Droid Pilot
Tantive IV and Escape Pod - Bail Organa and Yoda
Wookie Flyer and Pod Walker - Tafful and Commander Bacara
Clone Swamp Speeder and Crab Droid - Clone Air Trooper and Grevious's Bodyguard

I just hope we see these sets soon, before Hasbro desides to scrap it again. I also hope if they do the New Jedi Starfighter that we can fit the figures inside. I know wishful thinking.

Jangu Fett
03-28-2005, 04:36 PM
Oh, and the good generals personal starfighter.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-28-2005, 11:00 PM
The DV TIE has a window that's not shaped quite right, but it's still a rare piece to have because it was never done as a Die Cast.

Forgive me for being ignorant, but are these sets the standard nondie cast Micro Machine figures, or are these indeed die cast figures? The description of the toys made no mention, but the pictures kinda show the same scale and size of a diecast toy.

JediTricks
03-28-2005, 11:04 PM
They're the plastic versions which the original Die Cast molds were based upon, that's why they're the same scale. Hasbro has 2 Micro Machines-based lines out around now, Titaniums which are the Die Cast metal vehicles, and Micro Vehicles which are the plastic vehicles with Micro Machine-style minifigures.

LTBasker
03-29-2005, 05:32 PM
I thought these were based on the X-Ray Fleet?

JediTricks
03-29-2005, 06:12 PM
I thought these were based on the X-Ray Fleet?
That is absolutely correct. The X-Ray Fleet molds were the basis of the Die Cast molds. These Hasbro Micro Vehicles are mostly pieces from the JC Penny painted X-Ray Fleet boxed set.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-31-2005, 12:04 AM
Thanks for the information JT. I kinda am disappointed that the figures are not diecast and I probably won't be buying them anytime soon. Although the size of the plastic vehicles are quite unique, maybe I will spring for one or two just to enlighten my collection.

Kidhuman
03-31-2005, 12:10 AM
If oyu get any, get the Titanium, WM exclusives, those are sweet.

shinakuma43
04-02-2005, 09:10 AM
I just came from target where I went to get the painted X-Rays. I saw all but the Shuttle set (someone must have liked it so much that they bought all they had, which would have been about 10). Anyways, the other 3 sets were there. I didn't buy them though since they were much worse looking than I imagined. They looked like crap. I might consider getting them on clearance, but otherwise I wouldn;t bother with them. They are 6.99 each in case anyone was wondering.

I guess there was an exclusive Vader figure at Target? They had some figures in plastic cases that one guy loaded his cart with before I even got to see it, I'd guess that was the Vader. I wish I knew, I could have picked some up if anyone needed them since I was there before the guy grabbed them all.

I also went to Walmart and was the first one over to the Star Wars section only to find that they didn't have even 1 Die Cast ship. I can;t believe I woke up at 6:00 AM just to get nothing. If anyone else managed to get the Die Cast ships at Walmart and has an extra set please let me know. I actually want 2 sets, one to open and one to keep carded, but I'll settle for 1 of each of them.

Later,
S43

Slicker
04-02-2005, 09:26 AM
That sucks S43. I was able to find all of the Target exclusives along with the WM Titanium's (yet still haven't found the first wave). These look really nice and it's good to finally have new sculpts.

Kidhuman
04-02-2005, 10:32 AM
Slicker, I got your titaniums, will get them out later this week. I saw the Target exclusives. Might get them might not.

LTBasker
04-02-2005, 11:11 AM
I didn't see any of the new Titaniums last night, only saw the droves of the first series that one single Wal-Mart has.

shinakuma43
04-02-2005, 11:17 AM
LT: If you can get the first series for me it would be awesome. I've still never seen any of the Titanium series ships at all, other than pictures on line. 2 of each would be perfect if possible.

Oh, the Traget sets I saw were: Landspeeder/Sandcrawler, A-Wing/X-Wing, and Falcon and B-Wing. I thought there were only four sets, but the images in another post show at least 3 other sets. So I guess it wasn;t just the shuttle set that was sold out, or are they wave 2 and if so, did I see wave 1? I apparenlty have no idea what's going on, I guess it's been so long since new toys were out that I wanted that I forgot how to keep track of what's available, lol.

Later,
S43

JediTricks
04-02-2005, 03:11 PM
There are 3 sets in wave 1, the shuttle set is part of wave 2. I'm sorry to hear these look like crap, but not exactly surprised. What exactly didn't work? Is it the 12-year-old Xray Fleet molds or the paint or what? The price seems high on these as well, I guess because they're exclusive, I think Hasbro really dropped the ball by releasing these at all instead of real Micro Machines or Action Fleet.

LTBasker
04-02-2005, 06:22 PM
LT: If you can get the first series for me it would be awesome. I've still never seen any of the Titanium series ships at all, other than pictures on line. 2 of each would be perfect if possible.

I'll see what I can do, $40 is alot for me to get at once. What I could probably do is I'll probably be heading back over there pretty soon as I'm going to try to keep up to date with stock flow, and I still need a second set of wave 1 for openers. Seeing as they have plenty, I could probably put the three sets in layawayand in case you needed some time to gather the amount for yours I could pay on mine to extend the lay-away. This way neither of us are in a rush. :D This Wal-Mart packs stuff pretty decently too, so they should all stay in pretty good condition.

There are 3 sets in wave 1, the shuttle set is part of wave 2.

Ah thanks for explaining that, I found wave 1 today and was wondering why the shuttle was absent even though there were around 5 sets of wave 1 on the pegs.

I'm sorry to hear these look like crap, but not exactly surprised. What exactly didn't work? Is it the 12-year-old Xray Fleet molds or the paint or what?

They don't seem too bad actually, it is mostly the paint. They're pretty basically painted and don't really have any out-standing details but if you don't expect a whole lot than they're not bad. The figures are actually battle than I thought they would be as well and they're very much compatible with possible playsets. Their bases are circles and at the bottom theres a hole so hopefully Hasbro is serious about some playsets with pegs for them to be secured on. Not all that bad for $7 really since the figures are at least new (as far as I know). They even have an A-Wing pilot with the A-wing set. :D

The only real problem from what I could see was the B-Wing set I got. The mold joining around the cockpit wasn't fully sealed and seemed kinda off-center even though the rest of the ship was lined up. Perhaps a scaling problem? I didn't look at the other B-Wings.

And I finally found the bloody Titaniums wave 2!!! They're at a freakin Wal-Mart WAY over in Broken Arrow only because they're doing a tent sale! They had tons of them, but none in store which made me mad because I was going to put them in lay-away. That would be way too far to lug 15 die-casts though! (I bought an AT-RT...so awesome btw!)

Edit: Oh, just remembered! You guys might want to pick'em up today as the cashier lady used the $1 off coupon on each micro set!

mastermatt24
04-02-2005, 09:30 PM
I'm sorry to hear these look like crap, but not exactly surprised. What exactly didn't work? Is it the 12-year-old Xray Fleet molds or the paint or what?
They do look like crap.. I think its both reasons. The paint looks really thick and really unrealistic. I passed on these without worry. I forgot to look forthe titanium series. :ermm:

Kidhuman
04-02-2005, 09:49 PM
Sounds like I iwll be passing as well.

Jangu Fett
04-03-2005, 08:15 PM
First off 3 of the 4 Target around where I live didn't have the micro sets. And if asked they said they were not getting any.?.? :confused: Anyway the 4th only had the first wave. And man they look like crap, the ships anyway. It looked like to me anyway that some effort was put into the figures.

JediTricks
04-04-2005, 02:52 AM
I picked up the B-wing/Falcon set yesterday, got $1 off with the coupon, but these are really a let-down IMO. The Falcon is a pretty sad mold to begin with, it was never meant to be painted over, its features were about being see-through, so its sculpt isn't hot stuff; but Hasbro went and used the worst plastic for these, it's white but you can see light shining through it just barely so it looks SUPER cheap. The B-wing looks nicer, I didn't have any alignment problems on mine that I could see right off the bat, but it alone isn't worth the $6.99 they charge or even the $5.99 I paid. The figures I think are really bad, I never thought highly of the Galoob MM figures but 11 years later those are WAY better sculpts than these things, they're only recognizable by the colors mainly, and those circular bases make them look weird sitting on a flat surface. At least Hasbro did the packaging better than their 4" figure line, that packaging has the bottom tab folded in and glued to the card, the Micro-Vehicles has all 3 tabs taped to the cardback.

LTBasker
04-04-2005, 05:00 AM
The A-Wing and TIE Fighter set is by far the best of the three, though I noticed after looking closely at the A-Wing pilot that they put a Y-Wing pilot helmet on him. I guess to just be able to repaint it if they do the Y-Wing?

britcit3
04-04-2005, 12:54 PM
HELP!!

Can any of you Yanks bag me these?

Been looking on Ebay and you can pay up to $20 a set - $60 plus postage for all 3 micro vehicles sets.

If any of you can bag them, I will happily Paypal you the dosh plus postage to this fair isle.

If anybody can help, mucho thanks.

BC3

StarmanSkywalker
04-04-2005, 01:40 PM
Could anyone post loose images of these? Maybe one that compares the sizes of the MM vehicles and the MM figures to these. And some loose images of the Titanium Wave 2 ships (the new sculpts) would also be nice. :)

shinakuma43
04-04-2005, 04:47 PM
Britcit: I can pick up all 3 sets for you, they're 6.99 each plus tax works out to 7.34 each. I just got back from Target (Easter candy is 90% off and I had to get a bunch) and they had plenty of the 3 sets with B-Wing/Falcon, A-Wing/Tie, and Sandcrawler/Landspeeder. I'll pick them up for you but don't expect anything nice. The JC Penny's Painted X-rays from years ago look much nicer than these pieces of crap. I'm sure they'll get to clearance in a couple months if you want to wait. I'm not even sure if I'd spend 1.74 each for them though.

I broke down and bought most of the Walmart DC ships on ebay since I can;t seem to find them. No Walmarts in my area even had them, a couple have them on order but they don;t know when they'll arrive. What I still need is the Titanium series 1 ships (2 of each) and a second Snowspeeder, A-Wing, Star Destroyer, and Y-Wing. I got 2 of each of the new ships on ebay and 1 of each of the remaining series 2 ships.

Later,
S43

britcit3
04-04-2005, 05:45 PM
Hey SK43

If you could bag me a set each of the micro vehicles (crap or not), I would appreciate it - just tell me what the total inc. postage will be and I will Paypal you (email me at james.hobson@virgin.net to sort out Paypal/costs, etc).

I have also just bagged the set of 4 new Titaniums on ebay for $44 - not too bad as there is almost NO chance that they will make it across the pond.

Thanks SK43 - as I say, just let me know how much and I will sort it immediately.

Cheers

BC3

shinakuma43
04-04-2005, 05:56 PM
OK, I'll pick them up probably tomorrow and will get the shipping charges as well. I say a buy now auction for the 4 new DC ships for only 29.00. That was after I paid 10.00 each for them, lol.

Later,
S43

britcit3
04-04-2005, 05:59 PM
Excellent

Thanks S43

I'll pay you tomorrow.

Cheers again

BC3

Lazer Brain
04-04-2005, 06:08 PM
guys, i realy love my micro collection, and i was hoping these would bring them back. but i was very dissapointed in the target ships.i did pick up the titamiums thou these are nice.
later

Jangu Fett
04-13-2005, 04:41 PM
Has anyone heard if, and when we'll see a 3rd wave of these? I liked them, but I do really hope Hasbro does a better paint job on the ships of any future releases. The figures are really good. And the bases look like they are to be use with a playset.

Kidhuman
04-13-2005, 05:13 PM
Are you t6alking about Titaniums or Target? Either way I would give it one month or so seeing how pegs are jammed with wave 2 right now of Titaniums.

Jangu Fett
04-13-2005, 10:36 PM
Targets. :confused: I think the next set of WM's die-cast ships are set to be released in July. I hope the same goes for the micro sets.

good shot jansen
05-15-2005, 11:03 AM
last night i was in a targets, and saw the set with the falcon and b-wing.

boy have i been out of it, i didin't even know they were releasing the plastic versions.

i didn't see the shuttle, which i definately would have bagged for someone, cause in the 1st go round of these guys, the shuttle was an exclusive with the jcp trilogy set. the set also included an x-ray version of the shuttle.

i can't believe they used the same old tired mold for the falcon. i read jt's report on it, and he's right, the coloring of the plastic is all wrong, similar to the same white used on the origianl action fleet falcon. the fastest hunk o' junk should never be pristine white, at least on the original plastic version, the color wasn't stark pristine white. as i didn't pick up the set, i certainly wasn't able to verify if the plastic is of a translucent type. the original falcon certainly was night (i came home and verified that.)

i did almost pick up the set because of the b-wing, the only plastic version at this scale (actually, the only version at this scale) prior was the extrememly hard to find x-ray b-wing. the only thing stopping me from getting the set was the price. if it was priced at 7 dollars or less, i would have snared it, but at 12.00? sheeesh.

it was good to once again wonder down a toy aisle and see something other than the 3 3/4 line.

i'm gonna check around this week and see what i stuble upon. if i don't see the target sets for less than the price i saw last night, i may pick em up anyway. gotta support the line :)

LTBasker
05-15-2005, 03:26 PM
$12??? Last I heard they were $7 each, and I know it certainly didn't cost me $36 for my wave 1 set.

good shot jansen
05-15-2005, 05:46 PM
yeah, it was like 11 and change, 12 dollars once tax got figured in, 7 dollars would have probably had led to a sale.

i don't know if it just happened to have been the pricing at that targets, if it was mispriced, or because of the location of the store (in aventura), the price is higher than other areas, but then again, it's been so long since i've been up on what toys go for, i was kind of flying blind. but 12 dollars for what is essentially nothing more than the originals which i already have, i decided to see if i could fare better elsewhere during the week

vulcantouch
05-15-2005, 06:36 PM
so maybe despite my distaste i should jump on the wv2 for jg (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=398180&postcount=948)- and either swaffy or s43 jump on same for bc3? or do y'all think, if we wait, they'll Drop even further? sigh, i can't believe we're Bothering with such Poop :p oh and btw targ figs are $5 this week too-
vt :rolleyes:

JediTricks
05-15-2005, 08:59 PM
GSJ, they're definitely $7, did you run it under a scanner? It could have been on the wrong peg otherwise.

I've now seen all 3 of the wave 2 sets, lots more X-wing/Vader's TIE than before, still lots of the Imp Shuttle set, but now less Hoth sets. I hate being this broke, but the price drop mentioned seems like a reasonable one, though probably temporary.

mastermatt24
05-15-2005, 10:52 PM
I hate being this broke
Care to elaborate?

JediTricks
05-16-2005, 05:09 AM
I have less money than before, when I had more money. ;) I lost a major client.

JediGoofy
05-16-2005, 05:49 AM
so maybe despite my distaste i should jump on the wv2 for jg (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=398180&postcount=948)- and either swaffy or s43 jump on same for bc3? or do y'all think, if we wait, they'll Drop even further? sigh, i can't believe we're Bothering with such Poop :p oh and btw targ figs are $5 this week too-
vt :rolleyes:

:D
Thank you, grazie, gracias, merci, danke, arigato, ... :crazed:

By the way, does anybody know if the micro playsets are already available or do we have to wait for a release date? :confused:

Ciao,
JediGoofy

JediTricks
05-26-2005, 03:23 AM
Should be early June for those.

BTW, I just today noticed on my Micro Vehicles Millennium Falcon that Hasbro didn't paint the engines blue! They're just the same dark gray as the rest of the centerline of the ship, this is totally lame! I'm kinda surprised Target didn't demand better product than this really.

LTBasker
05-26-2005, 04:33 AM
Wait...you expect Target to care? They don't even care if they have stuff on the shelves or not, why would they care what it looks like? :D