PDA

View Full Version : Target $1 Off Coupon Question

mm74md
03-25-2005, 05:36 PM
Did anybody get one of these yet? The reason I ask is that I was wondering if there is any text on the coupon saying "No reproductions accepted" or anything like that? Apparently the coupon is just a red card with no barcode. The people at the register will have a piece of paper to scan the discount.

Thanks in advance!

Kidhuman
03-25-2005, 05:53 PM
Havent seen one yet. Supposed to be in the FLyer on 4/1 or something.

Scackmgack
03-25-2005, 06:17 PM
I received mine in the mail this afternoon.

The coupon comes on a plastic-coated cardstock flyer about 10 inches by 7 inches. On one side is a red, yellow, and orange-hued picture of Anakin and Obi-Wan in the duel, with lava rising up in the foreground. On the other side is the addressing info and the coupon, which you peel off the flyer. The side facing you has the Star Wars logo with the Target logo underneath it. Peel it off to reveal a picture of the exclusive Vader figure (which looks an awful lot like the original POTF2 Vader with lava glow painted on, if you ask me) on the flyer.

The flip side of the coupon reads "Present this at Target on April 2 to receive $1 off every Star Wars action figure purchased. Good only on 4/2/2005."

There is a note to the cashier to find the Coupon Scan Sheet at their register to execute the offer. There is no mention of any purchase limits on either the coupon or the flyer.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-25-2005, 06:53 PM
Do you have a Target Visa? Or a regular Visa? On Galactic Hunter, they said it's for "Target guests and Visa holders" or something like that. My mom has a Visa, so hopefully I'll get that in the mail. I guess I'll see.

Kidhuman
03-25-2005, 07:46 PM
DAmn, I want one. Hopefully I can grab one somewhere.

Scackmgack
03-25-2005, 11:17 PM
My wife and I both have Visa cards, but not Target Visas by any means.

I couldn't honestly tell you why I got this. A brand, brand new Target just opened up down the road, so maybe this is something they are doing in the area. Who knows.

I just hope there aren't that many people there on the 2nd. I am going to be pretty damned tired after hitting MM at TRU, so I am not going to be very patient with scalpers and other competition. I just want to get my Vader, get my figures, and get out so I can hit Wal-Mart and then go home and get some real sleep.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-26-2005, 09:14 PM
Oddly enough, I got this card in the mail today, and it was addressed to me. I have no idea how they got my address, as I don't have a Visa or anything . . . maybe it's from the Fan Club?

Scackmgack
03-26-2005, 09:46 PM
I'm not in the Fan Club, either.

I addressed this in the thread where I posted pics of the Target Lava Vader I picked up today (they pegged them early), but Vader cost me $7.49.

I remember reading that basic figure prices were going up - if this is what Target is going to be charging per figure, then those $1 off coupons don't really mean much, do they?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-27-2005, 02:16 PM
I'm not in the Fan Club, either.

I addressed this in the thread where I posted pics of the Target Lava Vader I picked up today (they pegged them early), but Vader cost me $7.49.

I remember reading that basic figure prices were going up - if this is what Target is going to be charging per figure, then those $1 off coupons don't really mean much, do they?
I doubt every figure will cost that much. I believe Target is $5.99 and WM is $5.24 or something like that.

I bet that Vader was more expensive because of his case and "limited availability."

rust
03-27-2005, 10:48 PM
I should be getting mine anytime now. My mom's a frequent Target Shopper, I bet its just late, cuz they had to ship it from Target HQ.

Turbowars
03-27-2005, 11:36 PM
This is from Jedi Defender http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=6663.msg108655

I've heard a few things back from Target regarding the $1 off coupons...

#1 - Coupons will be sent in the mail, not the paper.

#2 - Target got a copy of the mailing list from SW.com. If you live within 10 miles of a Target Store AND you are member of Hyperspace, you should get the coupon.

#3 - If you have a Target credit card and have used it to purchase SW stuff in the past, you should get a coupon.

#4 - If you have been identified as a "loyal" Target shopper, you should get a coupon. (You would know if you are, because you would already be receiving the monthly coupon mailers from Target).

Now, a few clarifications -

These rules are NOT a guarantee you will get the coupon, just the guidelines they used when they were deciding who would get them.

Target has a set number of coupons going out in each market. As they are in the business of making money, they only made as many coupons as they could "reasonably" handle. What this means is that even though you may meet the above guidelines, you still may not get the coupon. They are sending out coupons to the first xxx number of people who meet the requirements, not everyone who meets the requirements.

I have a feeling that this whole "coupon" thing will make people even MORE upset with Target when people begin to realize that they are not going to be as widely distributed as everyone is hoping and people start to realize how unfair it is that Joe Schmoe got $1 off all his figures and they didn't... http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/Smileys/classic/undecided.gif

And I'll add that at this point, there is NOTHING you can do to increase your chances of getting one. The coupons are all printed and in the process of being mailed, so don't believe other sites when they tell you "this is what you need to do to get the coupon."

The coupons should be going out in the mail VERY soon, they are timed to be in your mail box sometime next week (most likely at the end of the week Fr/Sat) so they arrive approx 1 week prior to April 2nd.

Jeff

Sooo, if you don't have one by now you most likely wont be getting one. Thanks Target!!

Tycho
03-28-2005, 12:27 AM
Will Toys R Us match this coupon?

I'd rather get all my figures at TRU at Midnite and use the coupon to make the majority of my purchases then. I'll still go to Target later, TRU probably having then confiscated my coupon card, but I'll have saved a dollar off my original first batch of figures purchased.

If not, I may just go for ships, 12", Unleashed, etc. at TRU MM, do some army building, but then buy most of my figures at Target with the coupon for the lowest price.

I bet no one knows the answer to this question off the bat, so let's all stop by our TRU's this week and ask if they'll honor Target's coupon card as a match at MM, and then post our results.

Note: 10-1 you WILL lose the $1 off card at TRU if they give you the discount -they'll have to keep the coupon so you won't have it at Target 8 hours later. That shouldn't be a big deal if you did most of your shopping list at TRU already.

mm74md
03-28-2005, 08:43 AM
[size=3][color=red]
I've heard a few things back from Target regarding the $1 off coupons...

#2 - Target got a copy of the mailing list from SW.com. If you live within 10 miles of a Target Store AND you are member of Hyperspace, you should get the coupon.

I'm a member of Hyperspace. I just checked the distance from my local target. 10.4 miles. I doubt I'll get one since it seems everyone else has already received theirs.

Jedi
03-28-2005, 08:59 AM
I received my Target coupon last week and I have to admit that the card that it came attached to is pretty cool. They did a really nice job with the artwork!! As for the prices of the figures coming out for MM, what would TRU's going rate be as opposed to Target's?

Sincerely,
Jedi

Scackmgack
03-28-2005, 09:10 AM
I've got the card the coupon came on posted on the wall at work.

Do we know what the limit on figure purchases is going to be at Target yet? That would seem to be pivotal information before we plan our weekend buying sprees for those of us in possession of these coupons.

If you can only get 20 figures at Target, you know how many you can purchase elsewhere.

General_Grievous
03-28-2005, 12:37 PM
I got one attached to this awesome hologram pic of Obi-Wan and Anakin dueling. I was surprised I got it, because as far as I know, my mom doesn't own a Visa card. She only has Mastercard. But she did used to have a Target card. So I guess I'll hit Target on April 2nd.

So is it only action figures or can it also apply to the vehicles or Deluxe figures or 12 inch figures?

DarthChuckMc
03-28-2005, 01:24 PM
The coupon applies to Basic Figures Collection 1 and 2. There is NO LIMIT on the amount of figures you can purchase.....EXCEPT for the LAVA VADER.....it is supposed to be ONE per Guest.

Basic Figures are $5.99 @ TARGET.

El Chuxter
03-28-2005, 01:46 PM
These are transferrable, right? I mean, as in "I didn't get one, but I'm calling everybody I know tonight to find out if they got one they don't need." I'm assuming there's no name anywhere on them, correct?

cerius
03-28-2005, 02:16 PM
I doubt every figure will cost that much. I believe Target is $5.99 and WM is $5.24 or something like that.

I bet that Vader was more expensive because of his case and "limited availability."

For what its worth, I just checked the wal-mart online add and they are advertising the new figures for $5.24 (they were posted at $5.88 this morning!)
http://walmart.richfx.com.edgesuite.net/catalog_walmart/April_2005_3645/index.asp?banner=Wal-Mart%20Advertised%20Values&eDate=Effective%20March%2030%20-%20April%205,%202005&rfx_dontcache=&drpStoreID=1668&store=6590%20GRAND%20AVENUE%2CGurnee%2CIL%2C60031&zip=60031

jimmymiro12
03-28-2005, 02:41 PM
All I know is that in our Walmart ad it said the figures will be 5.24. I think we would be better off there if you are buying alot. I am not sure how much tru's figures will be though. Good luck to all of you

Tycho
03-28-2005, 02:56 PM
OK, latest info I have:

Wal-Mart will match the Target card. You will surrender it to them upon your discount with purchase.

Figures will be $5.24 and by giving Wal-Mart your Target card (for keeps) you will get figures for $4.24 at Wal-Mart!

Some Wal-Marts will be opening special tent-sales in their parking lots for Star Wars-only sales during Mid-Nite. I have 3 stores in my area doing this, and they are NOT 24-hour Wal-Marts!

I will be doing MM at Wal-Mart now, I think.

This is crazy... :crazed:

kool-aid killer
03-28-2005, 03:08 PM
Fubar! Ive got nothing in the mail and i dont meet any of the requirements that Turbo posted so it looks like im out of luck. Im still aiming for the Vader, but now im thinking Walmarts going to get a lot more of my dollars.

jimmymiro12
03-28-2005, 03:14 PM
Actually there are no requirements to getting these cupons. The manager said they ship them out randomly.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-28-2005, 03:27 PM
El Chuxter, there's no name on the actual "coupon." On the card, there's a mailing address (obviously) and a little peel-off card that says "Peel off for a great offer" or something like that. There isn't even a barcode on it, but you're supposed to give it to the cashier and they have some scan sheet they're supposed to use each time they ring up a figure.

I'll still go to Target instead of WM so I can get the Vader. But now I see I may have to hold off on some purchases until April 10 for Yoda . . . dammit!

dr_evazan22
03-28-2005, 03:53 PM
I'm so happy! I got a coupon in the mail today. Not really sure how I got it though, as I never give my info out at stores.

Ric Olie
03-28-2005, 04:00 PM
The nearest Targets are over 60 miles from where I live but I got a card. If Walmart matches them I'll be going there to get them.

I've been checking the Walmart circulars at Walmart.com and the Walmart closet to me is selling them at 5.88 while the Walmart an hour from there is seling them for 5.24. That is unacceptable. I'll be going where they're 5.24 plus there's a Target across the street so Ol'Wally World will have to take my coupon for a dollar off.

aceguide
03-28-2005, 04:14 PM
I received one in the mail today - you might still be getting one.

Hellboy
03-28-2005, 04:36 PM
Since the Target mailer doesn't have a barcode I'm assuming that you probably won't need the actual card to get the discount that day. I'd just go to the register and say "oh man where did I put that card I got in the mail" and the cashier will most likely say something like "oh its not a big deal I don't actually have to scan it or anything" and proceed to scan whatever barcode sheet they have at the registers. Thats just a guess on my part but I'd wager this will be the case come April 2nd. If you are planning on getting another store like Wal-Mart to match the price though you'll need it so they can show the discount was a result of a price match.

ndjedi
03-28-2005, 04:56 PM
I FINALLY got my Target $1.00 off coupon/sticker in the mail today(3/28)! I am a member of Hyperspace. The whole card is really cool for it looks like the specail Target.com Star Wars game page they put up online yetserday, in being that the card is really shinny, glossy and glittery on the front pic where Anakin & Obi-Wan are fighting. The $1.00 off coupon is really just a peel off sticker, and it has no bar-code. So don't give up hope you guys still waiting on yours, im sure before Friday you should have yours in the mail. (If you get the Target.com weekly e-mail updates, have a Target Visa or Target card, are a member of Hyperspace, you should for sure get a $1.00 off card in the mail.)

jimmymiro12
03-28-2005, 08:54 PM
I am not sure if this was answered but is it 1 dollar off only one figure or one dollar off everyone you buy.

Hellboy
03-28-2005, 08:58 PM
Apparently its $1 off every figure purchased on April 2nd.

Turbowars
03-28-2005, 08:59 PM
No no, you have it all wrong. You give target an extra $1 per figure with coupon.

No, you get a buck off each figure you buy.

Scackmgack
03-28-2005, 09:11 PM
Hellboy is totally right. Just say you forgot your card and they will scan the little barcode hanging near the cash register. They're going to be doing it all day anyway so they'll be used to it.

Man, now I have to find out if Wal-Mart is doing a MM on Friday...there is also a Toys R Us about 40-50 minutes from here, which is a little more secluded than the Wal-Mart.

Which is going to have larger quantities?

Argh. I hope between one MM and two morning openings I can get all I want for my own private collection and be done with shopping for a while.

bobafrett
03-28-2005, 09:14 PM
I got my coupon today too! I was very excited though I am buying my figures at Wal-Mart. I kept the cool looking lightsaber battle scene on the back, very impressive artwork!

Turbowars
03-28-2005, 09:25 PM
Hellboy is totally right. Just say you forgot your card and they will scan the little barcode hanging near the cash register. They're going to be doing it all day anyway so they'll be used to it.

Man, now I have to find out if Wal-Mart is doing a MM on Friday...there is also a Toys R Us about 40-50 minutes from here, which is a little more secluded than the Wal-Mart.

Which is going to have larger quantities?

Argh. I hope between one MM and two morning openings I can get all I want for my own private collection and be done with shopping for a while.Hey you are pretty good being dishonest. I think I'll try that.

I was just looking at the master list on Hasbros site and there isn't any MA WM doing MM, but the list might be missing a few.

El Chuxter
03-29-2005, 01:02 PM
I guess I'm not special, as I don't have one yet. :( I'm reduced to begging my co-workers, on the off chance someone got it and didn't just throw it out.

mm74md
03-29-2005, 01:33 PM
Rebelscum reader Eric writes in with this news:

This is interesting.... Target sent $1 off coupons to a list generated by Hasbro! It was not a Target Card mailing list at all.

I know this because over a year ago I registered for the Jedi Points auctions by using a fake name of someone I knew from India... and guess what, he got the $1 off coupon today! I never registered him for Hyperspace or any other function - it was specifically for the Jedi Pointsauction because I clearly recall using his name for it just because I didn't want to get junk mail from Hasbro!!!!

My parents have Target card and did not get the $1 off coupon.

I think because Hasbro is suppying the Lava Vader, they shared our contact information with Target. Their privacy policy does say they will share info with "business partners or affiliates!"

Just thought your readers might be interested!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-29-2005, 01:37 PM
That definitely makes sense, I won a silver Vader with JMPs a while back. Did you guys win anything?

I'm going to say that if you don't have one yet, you're not going to get one. Look online and try to print out one and see if that works. :D

mm74md
03-29-2005, 01:53 PM
That definitely makes sense, I won a silver Vader with JMPs a while back. Did you guys win anything?

I'm going to say that if you don't have one yet, you're not going to get one. Look online and try to print out one and see if that works. :D

I won a bunch of stuff. But still no coupon. There are a few days yet until it's an issue. But really, if Wal Mart prices are $5.24 and with the coupon the Target cost is $4.99, I won't be crying to hard :cry:

rust
03-29-2005, 03:09 PM

This is interesting.... Target sent $1 off coupons to a list generated by Hasbro! It was not a Target Card mailing list at all.

I know this because over a year ago I registered for the Jedi Points auctions by using a fake name of someone I knew from India... and guess what, he got the $1 off coupon today! I never registered him for Hyperspace or any other function - it was specifically for the Jedi Pointsauction because I clearly recall using his name for it just because I didn't want to get junk mail from Hasbro!!!!

I think because Hasbro is suppying the Lava Vader, they shared our contact information with Target. Their privacy policy does say they will share info with "business partners or affiliates!"

@#$%^&*! My card's going to 1234 Fake Street! @#$%&!

Well, maybe I'll lie like Hellboy said *Evilgrin*

El Chuxter
03-29-2005, 03:31 PM
So, uh, anyone got a high-quality scan of both sides of the coupon? I doubt now that I'll be receiving one. This really sucks, because we're talking something like a $50 difference in the total purchase price here. :mad:

Slicker
03-29-2005, 03:41 PM
I'm not on a Hasbro mailing list, I don't think I have a Target Visa, and I never won anything with JMP's yet my mom told me that she received a big piece of mail with a little tear off on it. I didn't ask her if it was from Target but it sounds like it may be. She's sending it to me in the mail so I'll know in a couple of days.

Take it from me, if a nobody can get one anybody can get one.;)

Lazer Brain
03-29-2005, 03:52 PM
got mine yesterday, it is a cool collectable at least.
later

cerius
03-29-2005, 04:04 PM

I got a coupon yesterday. I don't usually get Target mailings, I've not registered JediMaster Points. The only thing I can think of is that I registered for C3. A friend of mine also got one and he's going to C3. None of our neighbors seemed to get one.

DarkArtist
03-29-2005, 04:12 PM
So far I got 3 of them. Giving one to my fiance' and using one for myself, the third I might give to a friend to use. I'm not sure how I got them. The only thing I can think of is like when you shop at TRU and they ask you for your phone number ?? Maybe they were doing a marketing promo of who buys what and the one who bought the most star wars stuff recieved them :confused:

Hellboy
03-29-2005, 05:25 PM
But really, if Wal Mart prices are $5.24 and with the coupon the Target cost is $4.99, I won't be crying to hard :cry:

True enough, but wouldn't it be nice to have that coupon and get Wal-Mart to price match it (which they will do BTW) and only have to pay $4.24 a figure? Savings like that will add up fast and you'll definitely need the coupon in order to get the price match.

mm74md
03-29-2005, 05:28 PM
So, uh, anyone got a high-quality scan of both sides of the coupon? I doubt now that I'll be receiving one. This really sucks, because we're talking something like a $50 difference in the total purchase price here. :mad:

http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?categoryid=3541

mm74md
03-29-2005, 05:35 PM
http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1096587&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=all&vc=1

Seems easy enough to make in a Photoshop type program

jimmymiro12
03-29-2005, 05:43 PM
thanks mm74md my dad said thanks too. He is goin to print it out and show them and hopefully that will work.
Thanks,
Jimmy

Veers
03-29-2005, 10:50 PM
I got mine today.

Turbowars
03-29-2005, 10:52 PM
and your point? Pay no attention to me, I'm just POed I didn't get one.:frus:

Hellboy
03-30-2005, 06:29 PM
Well I'm here to give a little hope to those of you that haven't received their coupon yet. To my surprise I got mine in the mail today and was very pleased. Its almost as if Target new today was my B-day. :D

gsr-jedi
03-30-2005, 06:52 PM
Be sure to check your Wal-Marts to make sure they'll honor the coupon. I stopped by the one I'm planning to go to on Friday night and they told me no.

Spinosaurus2004
03-30-2005, 08:50 PM
Does anyone know if its a better deal to buy the figs at Target with the coupon or just buy the figs at walmart for the regular price? What is this about "honoring the coupon" at walmart anyway? Will some do that?

jimmymiro12
03-30-2005, 09:00 PM
gsr-jediBe sure to check your Wal-Marts to make sure they'll honor the coupon. I stopped by the one I'm planning to go to on Friday night and they told me no.

Important Notice- some of the wal-marts have no idea. Some say they are opening at 12:00 am. It is very weird so unless you want the set I wouldn' go to Walmart.
As for Toys R Us- there are some benefits. You should take your target coupon/walmart ad because they will honor it.

As for Target- some targets do not honor ads so you might want to check.

As for prices
target- supposed to be 5.99 for basic so w/ coupon 4.99 and deluxe are supposed to be 9.99 so 8.99
tru- not sure of price for basic figures or deluxe
but they said they will take the walmarts ad but I don't think they will take targets coupon too.
walmart- 5.29 for basic not sure bout deluxe. ANOTHER NOTICE- Mine said they would take the coupon AS LONG AS walmarts prices are higher than target.

So your best bets would be Target and tru.
ALSO Target will have a full aisle but there is a limit so bring friends.

GOOD LUCK EVERY ONE.

gsr-jedi
03-30-2005, 11:26 PM
Does anyone know if its a better deal to buy the figs at Target with the coupon or just buy the figs at walmart for the regular price? What is this about "honoring the coupon" at walmart anyway? Will some do that?

At Target with the coupon the price per figure will be $4.99. Wal-Mart's price per figure will be $5.25. The "honoring the coupon" thing is if Wal-Mart will take the Target coupon, you could get the figs for $4.25 a piece. I don't know what TRU's price is, but I'm thinking it'll probably still be the $6.99.

rust
03-30-2005, 11:49 PM
I got my coupon today, so there's still hopw for some people who still haven't recieved it :)

Jedi Teacher
03-31-2005, 07:48 AM
More hope for everyone . . . I got two in the mail yesterday.

Hey--I should sell one on ebay! There's got to be someone that'd buy it.

Actually, I'll bring them both, and either have both my wife and I use them or give one to a fellow collector in line.

JEDIpartner
03-31-2005, 09:20 AM
I had seen new peg tags at Target claiming a $6.99 price for the basic figures. The tag clearly read "EP3" and not "pre-movie basic".

mm74md
03-31-2005, 09:46 AM
Screw it. I'm buying everything at Wal Mart for MM. I'm just going to get the Vader & Collectible Cups at Target in the morning. TRU, Kmart, & Target are putting themselves in a bad position.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-31-2005, 11:59 AM
I had seen new peg tags at Target claiming a $6.99 price for the basic figures. The tag clearly read "EP3" and not "pre-movie basic".
Really? I thought that someone said that when they entered the SKUs it said $5.99. Either way, I may buy a few at Target and a few at WM. I don't know for sure.

Tycho
03-31-2005, 12:00 PM
I do not believe Wal-Mart will honor the $1 off coupon since Target will not have an add showing their price to be $5.99 ($4.99 with the dollar off).

Wal-Mart will be $0.25 cents more expensive than Target.

I will save $25 on every 100 figures I buy from Target. (I'm an diorama builder who saved like $1,000+ for April 2nd).

At Wal-Mart Midnite Madness I will buy:

4 12" Palpatines
1 12" Grievous
2 12" Anakin/Vaders

Unleashed Grievous, Anakin, Obi-Wan

1 Tri-Droid Fighter (I have 2 already)
3 ARC-170 Fighters (I don't think these will be available yet, but I'm ready for them)
1 Boga with Obi-Wan
2 Speederbikes
4 AT-PTs or whatever they are called

Darth Tater

JediForce Yoda (I have Anakin) - and Mace and Obi-Wan on Boga if they come out

Clones, Clones, Clones, Clones - probably 10-30 of them. I'll be interested in the sculpt difference between the first Clone and the later assortment one - which is likely SA versus Action Featured.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

At Target I will get the majority of my figures for $4.99 and save $25 or more on my total purchase.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-31-2005, 12:14 PM
Tycho, not to be rude, but don't you think you should save some for everyone else? Especially the clones - everyone's going to want one, but I doubt everyone will get one. Would it honestly kill you to buy only two or three clones on Saturday?

Now JP saw that the figures might be $6.99, or $5.99 with the coupon. This would suck, and I don't believe it's true. They wouldn't have their prices more than a dollar over their competitors . . . would they? I'll wait and see. If this is the case, I'll buy more figures at WM than Target.

JEDIpartner
03-31-2005, 12:48 PM
He doesn't give a toss about anyone else. He's in it for himself.

Jedi Teacher
03-31-2005, 04:39 PM
Really? I thought that someone said that when they entered the SKUs it said $5.99. Either way, I may buy a few at Target and a few at WM. I don't know for sure.

For what it's worth, my local target (Chicago suburbs) had their pegs all set up (no figs! :frus: ) with prices of $5.99 for basic figures.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-31-2005, 04:51 PM
For what it's worth, my local target (Chicago suburbs) had their pegs all set up (no figs! :frus: ) with prices of $5.99 for basic figures.
That's good to hear. JP, are you on crack? :p ;)

Really, though - for both you guys - were they set up in a new aisle like they will be on Saturday, or did someone jump the gun and put them out where the POTC figures were?

jimmymiro12
03-31-2005, 04:59 PM
This is why all of you should tru. But i am going to target so I guess that sucks,

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-31-2005, 05:11 PM
I know it's not really an issue anymore, but it's kind of bugging me . . . how did they get our addresses? Is it:
*People registered for CIII?
*People who won JMP auctions?
*People with Hyperspace subscriptions?
All three of those apply to me. What about you guys?

rust
03-31-2005, 06:01 PM
Clones, Clones, Clones, Clones - probably 10-30 of them. I'll be interested in the sculpt difference between the first Clone and the later assortment one - which is likely SA versus Action Featured.
Just stay out of my Target on April 2nd, and I'm fine.

Jedi Teacher
04-01-2005, 08:10 AM
Really, though - for both you guys - were they set up in a new aisle like they will be on Saturday, or did someone jump the gun and put them out where the POTC figures were?

They were set up in a new aisle. The WHOLE aisle . . . :)

As far as the mailing list---I'm in hyperspace and registered for C3. I got 2 coupons--one with an old misspelling that the fan club used to use for me, but I changed when I "upgraded" to hyperspace this fall.

mm74md
04-01-2005, 10:48 AM
Well, I got my coupon yesterday. I'm only happy about it cause it's a cool collectible. I don't think I'll be using the coupon anyway since my Wal Mart won't take it. The only thing I'll buy at Target is Lava Vader and the collectible cups.

I do love the front of the postcard though.

And for those curious, the coupon is the size of a credit card.

Jaina Solo
04-01-2005, 06:10 PM
I got one of these in the mail last week. It's going to save me a lot of money, and the postcard it came on is very cool, so I'm pretty happy. I'm pretty sure I got one because I subscribe to the Insider, since I'm not registered for C3 or much of anything else. I couldn't figure out how they'd gotten my address, unless the Target employees noticed all the SW stuff I buy, and followed me home one day. :)

jimmymiro12
04-01-2005, 06:34 PM
Jaina SoloI got one of these in the mail last week. It's going to save me a lot of money, and the postcard it came on is very cool, so I'm pretty happy. I'm pretty sure I got one because I subscribe to the Insider, since I'm not registered for C3 or much of anything else. I couldn't figure out how they'd gotten my address, unless the Target employees noticed all the SW stuff I buy, and followed me home one day. :)

Just so you know there is a limit at Target of how many you can buy. What you might want to do is call your tru and ask if they will accept the coupon so you can get the discount. If they do it will be the same price as target just you get it earlier and there is no discount. One other important thing is that you possibly can get the free yoda too.

TheBat
04-01-2005, 06:46 PM
I thought the Holo Yoda wasn't available until 4/10 for everywhere except Times Square TRU.

Jaina Solo
04-01-2005, 07:04 PM
Just so you know there is a limit at Target of how many you can buy. What you might want to do is call your tru and ask if they will accept the coupon so you can get the discount. If they do it will be the same price as target just you get it earlier and there is no discount. One other important thing is that you possibly can get the free yoda too.

Limits are okay. Limits can be really good, actually. Without 'em, every scalper in town would grab as many of the cool figures as they could carry, and leave us poor starving collectors with nothing. Which would mean I'd have to smack them upside the head, but never mind that. :)

What IS the limit, anyway? One? Two? I really do need two of a couple things... Hmm. Maybe I'll just call Target and ask 'em. They're probably getting used to it today, I'm sure.

vadersvette
04-01-2005, 07:08 PM
How do you get one of these coupons?
I'm not a Hyperspace member
I have no Target card
and I have no credit cards
so I'm guessing I don't get one of these coupons, or will they be available in the ad? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hellboy
04-01-2005, 08:29 PM
I'd say if you haven't received one yet its doubtful that you will. As far as it being in the ad, I doubt it, but you never know. Like I stated in an earlier post it couldn't hurt to try and get the discount at the register since the cashier actually has a scan sheet available for the promotion. There isn't a bar code on the coupon/mailer so it may turn out to be little more than an advertisement.

Slicker
04-01-2005, 08:38 PM
As I said earlier I got mine in the mail back at home in Michigan. Well, my sent it to me in Virginia and I got it today and I must say the cardboard backer it came on is a collectable in its own. I love the hologram of Ben and Ani fighting. Very nice.

Tycho
04-02-2005, 05:11 PM
First, my Toys R Us manager agreed to honor the coupon at Midnite Madness because I'd asked so far in advance. For 4 specific individuals (3 of us from my collector group) he took $1 off per figure at a special register he operated just for our purchases. We had to surrender the Target card to Toys R Us, but our Regional Director for TRU was at our store and remembered me and my friends and gave it the OK.

TRU had already lowered their price to $5.29 to be competative with Wal-Mart's $5.24, but we got all of our figures for $4.29 each. I bought 91 figures from Toys R Us that night, consisting of 98% of all the figures I bought April 1-2 so far!

Second, Target scanned a coupon at the register that the cashier had, and never asked to see my card (I no longer carried) and I got the Clone Pilots and Clone Commanders and even the Deluxe Palpatine's all marked $1 off anyway though myself and many with me at my Target did not have the
coupon at the time of purchase. Our figures were $4.99 at Target, and $8.99 for the Deluxe.

I saved well over $150 off what I planned to purchase, possibly closer to $175!

Toys R Us and Target rocked! I only got 4 figures at Wal-Mart because I still need more Clone Pilots and Clone Commanders, and Red Robes Palpatines.

El Chuxter
04-02-2005, 05:12 PM
I only bought one basic figure at Target, and the cashier automatically scanned her coupon sheet without my asking her to do so. :)

Tycho
04-02-2005, 05:26 PM
Tycho, not to be rude, but don't you think you should save some for everyone else? Especially the clones - everyone's going to want one, but I doubt everyone will get one. Would it honestly kill you to buy only two or three clones on Saturday?

By the way, I am going to use a lot of clones, but I only bought 12 of them from figure #5.

There were so many shipped, I could have bought 50 and there'd still be plenty to go around at my stores. Army building should be a piece of cake for anyone wanting to do it.

I'm getting clones as follows:

Figure #5 = 12
3-packs = 7 or 21 pre-posed Clones
Figure #41 (I think, the reg. SA Clone) = 23

Kashyyyk Dioramas - CW 3-pack Clones - 6 three-packs or 18 preposed Mandalorian Clones.

Total non-E2 Clones used: 56 I think, once all is said and done. Not too bad really.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-02-2005, 06:00 PM
Due to the coupon, I saved $10 off my Target purchases today, so I was very pleased. That's like getting two free figures!

LTBasker
04-02-2005, 07:01 PM
Figure #5 = 12
3-packs = 7 or 21 pre-posed Clones
Figure #41 (I think, the reg. SA Clone) = 23

Judging from pictures you shouldn't leave out the AT-TE gunner. The thing that makes his helmet different can come off to make it a regular helmet, and judging from rear pictures his shoulder pauldron could easily be taken off. This would make him a perfectly normal Clone but with a removeable helmet. :D

Hasbro definitely though that out well, so even if the regular Clone figures are hard to find, people might under estimate that Clone as it looks specific to the AT-TE when really it can double as a regular Clone. :cool:

Tycho
04-02-2005, 07:05 PM
Yeah, I agree. I've found a few AT-TE Gunners. I like the figure. I need to open one and check it out.

Hellboy
04-03-2005, 05:02 PM
I got Wal-Mart to honor my Target coupon. It was a good thing too because it was the first store I hit so the majority of my basic figures were purchased there. I saved about $70 and my friend saved about $40. The guy at the register was freaking out at the amount we were saving and the fact that he had to discount each figure individually because there was no bar code on the Target coupon. The amount of time it was taking to check out and the fact that we were paying $4.24 per figure created some jealousy with the other collectors in line. So much so that a guy directly behind us snagged one of my Clone Commanders while I wasn't looking from my pile before it got to the cashier. Unfortunately I didn't realize this until later but that just goes to show you how some people can be in this hobby. All I had to say was it pays to plan ahead people. :classic:

Turbowars
04-03-2005, 06:26 PM
Hey that was me! I would have taken more, but I felt bad for you.;) Long drive that night.

JediTricks
04-04-2005, 12:00 AM
TRU wouldn't honor the coupon without the full mailer, I think they just wanted me to go away, so I did. The $5.29 price was cheap enough for me, they put forth the effort and I was happy (too bad they didn't post that price in the store or I might have bought more toys - dolts). I took the coupon to 2 Targets yesterday and, after telling this story 3 or 4 times in this section of the forums already ;), the first store took a buck off a basic fig, a Force Battler, a Micro-Vehicles set, and 2 Lego sets (I helped the guy feel better about this by telling him each had a Star Wars action figure somewhere in the set, which is true... from a certain point of view ;)) so that was everything SW I bought there, I convinced the guy to give me back the coupon since I was going to another Target and he did, so the second store took a buck off all 2 of the SW items I bought, a basic fig and Grievous' Wheel Bike.

Ji'dai
04-04-2005, 10:31 PM
I received mine in the mail this afternoon.

The coupon comes on a plastic-coated cardstock flyer about 10 inches by 7 inches. On one side is a red, yellow, and orange-hued picture of Anakin and Obi-Wan in the duel, with lava rising up in the foreground.

I got one of these in the mail TODAY... :D

Ah well, I guess I'll keep it since the flyer has that cool pic of the Anakin/Kenobi duel. I don't have a Target locally so I probably got on their mailing list when I entered their online contest to win a Lava Vader a few days ago.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-05-2005, 01:56 AM
As I mentioned in another thread, I only got a $1 off the entire order and not each figure. When I went back in today to get my money back, they insisted it was supposed to be that way. I was able to get my money back anyway due to the price adjustment for the new lower price of $5 per figure. Now I just remembered they sent another coupon to my parents' house. I should take that in there just to show them what it said plain as day on the coupon.