PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Evolution sets

Pages : 1 [2]

AmanaMatt
09-18-2005, 10:23 AM
Darkartist, that would be cool....

As for the current sets, I have never seen the CLone or the Maul sets in the stores - I have seen no evidence of them hitting, either. Target is really drying up in my area here.

jaxx
09-20-2005, 10:05 AM
I have been searching high and low for the Clone Evolution packs. I haven't spotted them anywhere, and I'd really like to pick up a set. They look wonderful!
On my lunch breaks, and on the weekends I'll get around to some stores. I've been to 4 Targets, 4 Wal*Marts, 2 Meijer's, 3 TRU's, and a K-Mart... and I haven't seen them. I used to see the Ani Evo pack everywhere, but it's nowhere to be found now. I hope that the Clone Evos become as abundant as the Ani Evos were a month ago.

Kidhuman
09-23-2005, 11:04 PM
I still havent found the sith pack.

rbaumhauer
09-24-2005, 09:22 AM
I got fed up with waiting for Amazon to ship the Clone set, so I cancelled it a couple weeks ago. Then, realizing that, after the brief "movie release" enthusiasm I had for clones, I no longer care to have more Prequel-era "boys in white", I decided that paying $20+ for the Sandtrooper seemed a bit of a waste.

So, I went onto ebay and found several people selling the Sandtrooper separately, usually from opened "crushed box" sets. Got the figure I wanted for $11.50 shipped, and received him yesterday.

Pros: definitely better than the POTJ version (and I do have the 4-pack, which is still one of the coolest things Hasbro has done); the guns are awesome (seller sent me the clone pistol as well as the big gun by mistake); near-VOTC articulation; better pose variety in the legs (see below)

Cons: as others have mentioned, since this is (mostly) the VOTC Stormtrooper, the hands aren't posed optimally to hold the rifle; "mouth" not painted properly (black only, no grey highlights); head balljoint more visible than on Stormie; "weathering" a bit dodgy; lack of waist/torso articulation

The figure's torso is the real mystery - does anybody know if it has been used before? I think it's unique to this figure. It's all one piece, from the head balljoint to the hip joints, with a separate belt. It's definitely not the POTJ torso, as that figure had articulation at the waist, and it's not based off of the VOTC figure, as there are detail differences in addition to the missing joint in the middle of the torso.

The head may be based off of the VOTC figure, but the "cup" in the bottom has been modified to make the helmet sit higher - thus the more exposed joint. If you do a head-swap between the VOTC Stormtrooper and the Evo Sandtrooper, you'll notice the difference - the VOTC head on the Evo body can't move once it's in place, and the Evo head looks comical on the VOTC body.

On the plus side, the new body mold puts the hips at a slightly different angle, so the figure's stance with his legs straight is a bit wider. The benefit of this is that the figure looks much better than the VOTC Stormie in any pose where his legs are rotated forward at the hips, as the upper legs don't stay so close together.

One other small change - the feet have been modified, now having a reasonably-deep peg hole in the center of the foot, rather than the shallow hole in the heel in the VOTC figure.

Overall, it's not a bad figure - the improvements over the POTJ figure are subtle, but it's amazing to put the figures next to each other and realize just how much better the current figures are. That said, he's not quite as good as I expected him to be, and I'm certainly glad I didn't pay $20+ just to get him.

Rick

jedibear
09-24-2005, 06:48 PM
I'm still searching for the clone & sith sets. By pure chance I picked up the anakin set at our local KB...the shipment had just arrived and the SW hog who works there and hoards anything new til he (& his friends) have their fill was out on break. Lucky me! (Unlucky everyone else who doesn't curry favor with this guy).
Other than that chance find, I have yet to see these hit AT ALL around here. Just tons of Potty Seat Vader (500th figure) and for some inexplicable reason, the only thing ALL the area stores around here got were multiple cases of the Force Battler figures. Are these THAT popular? It took forever to clear 'em out before (in fact, many places like KMART & TRU are still knee-deep in 'em).

I'm hopin' the remaining Evo sets finally turn up...I really like the Anakin one.

Jayspawn
09-24-2005, 10:40 PM
I finally picked up the Clone and Sith Evo sets at target tonight!

I love the Clone Trooper set. I dont really have any gripes. The rubber helmets dont bother me at all. I'd like to mention that its hard to get the Sandtrooper to hold his gun.

The Sith set is great too. No major gripes here either. I would have liked it if Sidious, Dooku and Maul came with extra lightsaber hilts. I'm still trying to undo Dooku's cape on the sides where its bound.

After the Evolution Sets, I think I'm done buying any Anakin, Vader, Dooku and Darth Maul figures.

Kidhuman
09-24-2005, 11:33 PM
Even if they make an SA Removeable Helmet Vader?

Jayspawn
09-24-2005, 11:39 PM
They already made one! :thumbsup:

Mandalorian Candidat
09-25-2005, 02:24 PM
I found the Sith set on Friday and opened it last night. It's pretty nice--the Sidious sculpt is the best of all the ones made so far--yet Maul isn't that fantastic. I wasn't too impressed with Maul since his left forearm came off trying to pose him right. Plus both his feet pegholes are too shallow for my liking. The cloth under plastic thigh-length robe makes no sense to me at all and his robe doesn't fit him well. Dooku looks pretty good. Another minus are the non-LS accessories. The Sith probe+stand and the binoculars are ho hum, the DM robe wasn't needed, and I don't really care about the lightning hands for Sidious but I guess it could be nice if you're doing a fry-me-up-some-Mace diorama. There's an Emperor's cane from ROTJ, which is a nice touch, though.

I thought the sculpts for are three are just great. The articulation is well done and they look good for desktop posing. Overall I'd recommend it for the nice look of the figures.

bobafrett
09-25-2005, 11:19 PM
Found the Sith pack today at Wal-Mart. It seems to be packed one sith pack with three Clone/sandtrooper pack. At least the cases we got in today did. Keep checking your Wal-Mart stores!

trandoshan666
09-26-2005, 02:16 PM
I've found all three sets. For the longest time, I had only seen the Anakin to Vader pack and the Sith pack at Wal-Mart, but starting last week, they (especially the clones) started showing up at Targets all over. I'm guessing that'll be the case pretty much everywhere.

AmanaMatt
09-26-2005, 06:57 PM
Finally found the Clone Evolutions set....overall, I dig it - my only beef with the sandtrooper is the lack of the waist articulation, but far superior to any other sandtrooper fig. I really dig the EP Clone and the EP III Clone too - especially with the rem helmets.

cffalztar
09-27-2005, 08:13 AM
I am also super ****ed they did not include an Ep I Anakin. How can you have the evolution of Anikin/Vader without little Annie? I was reminded of this from the old poster of the kid with the Vader shadow. DOWN WITH HASBRO!

Jayspawn
09-27-2005, 08:55 AM
Yeah I'm a little miffed about that too cffalztar. Hasbro somehow didnt include/forgot about young Padawan Jake Anakin. I would have liked a super posable Jake Anakin.

Kidhuman
09-27-2005, 09:53 AM
Agreed Jay and cff, a baby Anakin would have been sweet

mikey1974
09-28-2005, 12:18 PM
what can i say...here in NE pennsylvania,all evo sets are AWOL.....absolutley nothing here,not even the shelf-warming-for-a-while anakin set.....no restocks on these at all.........

DarkArtist
09-29-2005, 12:09 PM
Still have yet to find a Sith Evolutions. Have seen several Anakin's and Clone Ses. Last night I found 10 Anakin's and 5 Clone Sets. I don't want to have to get the Sith set from ebay but it looks like that might have to happen.

trandoshan666
09-30-2005, 09:59 AM
I've been seeing the Sith pack with more regularity lately, but not even close to as frequently as I'm seeing the Clone pack there are two or three on the shelves pretty much everywhere I go. It's kind of weird that after such a drought that they are seemingly so abundant. Equally as weird is the fact that around here, the Anakin to Vader pack is nowhere to be found. For about two months, that was the only one around, and it was plentiful.

Mandalorian Candidat
09-30-2005, 07:06 PM
I'm no expert on case assortments, but I've seen at WM a single Sith box packed with 3 clone ones and so have two collector friends of mine. That could be why they are harder to find now. Perhaps they'll ship later on in a greater percentage than other sets in the same case.

DarthBrandon
09-30-2005, 09:37 PM
I'm no expert on case assortments, but I've seen at WM a single Sith box packed with 3 clone ones and so have two collector friends of mine. That could be why they are harder to find now. Perhaps they'll ship later on in a greater percentage than other sets in the same case.

Yeah, the current case breakdown right now is one Sith & three Clones per box. My local comic shop ordered two cases & this is what they got, not bad if you like clones as I do.

TheDarthVader
09-30-2005, 09:43 PM
A friend of mine who works at Toys R Us told me that they received a case of evolution figures. The case breakdown was clone set x2 and sith set x2. This is where I ended up getting my sith set. There are about 5 clone sets at my wal mart.

B.
TDV

AmanaMatt
10-01-2005, 10:45 AM
Scored the Sith evolutions set - definitely the weakest of the three but better than I figured - Maul is not the best but the Palpatine is a cool figure.

Veers
10-02-2005, 07:21 AM
I left the sith version behind. I just picked the Clone Trooper version instead.

bobafrett
10-02-2005, 05:48 PM
My store had around 21 or so of the clonetrooper evo packs, and three days later, I don't see not a one left on the shelf. Siths didn't make it past the first hour. I do like the Palpatine figure, but the Dooku and Maul, whatever.

JEDIpartner
10-02-2005, 06:23 PM
Well, crap. I need to get another Anakin Evolutions because Vader fell off the shelf and his foot broke off. *sigh* Why couldn't it have been that horrid AOTC Anakin?!!!!!!

bobafrett
10-02-2005, 06:29 PM
Well, crap. I need to get another Anakin Evolutions because Vader fell off the shelf and his foot broke off. *sigh* Why couldn't it have been that horrid AOTC Anakin?!!!!!!

His foot broke off? Was it removable, and when it fell you just lost the foot? Or do you have a pet that might have carried the foot off somewhere? I have never seen a figure lose it's foot, maybe the weapon, but never the foot.

Turbowars
10-02-2005, 06:37 PM
Well, crap. I need to get another Anakin Evolutions because Vader fell off the shelf and his foot broke off. *sigh* Why couldn't it have been that horrid AOTC Anakin?!!!!!!What's wrong with the AOTC Anakin?

Kidhuman
10-02-2005, 06:51 PM
He whines alot, especially i nthe scene explaining the Tusken murders.

Oh you mean the figure.

Turbowars
10-02-2005, 07:03 PM
He whines alot, especially i nthe scene explaining the Tusken murders.

Oh you mean the figure.Yeah the figure Broseph!

JEDIpartner
10-03-2005, 08:06 AM
His foot broke off? Was it removable, and when it fell you just lost the foot? Or do you have a pet that might have carried the foot off somewhere? I have never seen a figure lose it's foot, maybe the weapon, but never the foot.

The bloody buggery peg snapped off.

bobafrett
10-03-2005, 08:30 PM
The bloody buggery peg snapped off.

And now I remember why it is that I prefer to keep my figures carded, no loss of life or limb.

DarthBrandon
10-03-2005, 09:55 PM
And now I remember why it is that I prefer to keep my figures carded, no loss of life or limb.

Yeah, carded is nice but where's the fun in that? I like to see how far I can go before they break, my son's a good test for that. He breaks them really nicely sometimes.:thumbsup:

spang2005
10-13-2005, 01:30 PM
I just did a little customization with my Stormtrooper evolution by switching the heads of the clone troopers. The younger head on the ROTS Clone looks much better in my opinion. He actully has a neck that way.

sith_killer_99
10-14-2005, 11:17 AM
Yeah, I customized some "clean" Sandtroopers with the VOTC Stormtrooper.

Blackened88
10-14-2005, 09:57 PM
Never thought about custom clean Sandtroopers, something to keep in mind.

sith_killer_99
10-15-2005, 12:09 AM
Yeah, the only down side is that the VOTC Stormtrooper can't wear the Sandtrooper backpack.:( Otherwise it looks pretty good. It's a simple matter of poping off the helmets and voila.:thumbsup:

mikey1974
10-15-2005, 02:10 PM
tons........and i mean TONS of evolution at wal-mart in hazleton,pa......counted 38 clone sets,and 11 sith sets.....

Blackened88
10-15-2005, 08:34 PM
Yeah, the only down side is that the VOTC Stormtrooper can't wear the Sandtrooper backpack.:( Otherwise it looks pretty good. It's a simple matter of poping off the helmets and voila.:thumbsup:
Nevermind, I wont bother any more if he doesn't have his pack.

LTBasker
10-15-2005, 09:53 PM
Yeah, the only down side is that the VOTC Stormtrooper can't wear the Sandtrooper backpack.:( Otherwise it looks pretty good.

IIRC, there were packless Sandtroopers at Mos Eisley, I think it was mainly packless ones that stormed the Falcon but they still had the pauldrons and were cleaner. They're probably officers that get to stay indoors and don't need the survival pack. :p

Luuuuuuke
10-16-2005, 01:30 PM
Target.com has the Sith set on sale for $17.99:

http://www.target.com/gp/browse.html/ref=in_se_pagelist/601-9222750-9189701?%5Fencoding=UTF8&node=13998831&index=tgt-mf-mv&field-browse=13998831&rank=%2Bpmrank&size=16&page=2

Deoxyribonucleic
10-17-2005, 09:15 PM
I picked up the Anakin to Vader set today at TRU and boy that Vader is nice!! I'm so excited to have a vader with removable helmet that has GREAT articulation and fantastic likeness! I even really dig the Anakins...Hasbro outdid themselves with these sets (well, except the sith set which I didn't/won't get) but I can't get over how TERRIFIC that darth vader is and I dig all of the clones/sandtrooper in that set as well!

I'm very happy with these and I hope they put out some more with different characters...I'd LOVE to see a Leia evolutions OH YEAH! :lipsrseal

jedibear
10-30-2005, 07:53 PM
... I even really dig the Anakins...Hasbro outdid themselves with these sets (well, except the sith set which I didn't/won't get) but I can't get over how TERRIFIC that darth vader is and I dig all of the clones/sandtrooper in that set as well!

I'm very happy with these and I hope they put out some more with different characters...I'd LOVE to see a Leia evolutions OH YEAH!

I agree with your assessment of the Anakin & Clone/Stormtrooper sets, but don't sell the Sith set short!

I finally managed to snag one of these today (these Evo sets have been the Holy Grail of the collecting summer up north here) and this one doesn't disappoint either. I will admit, out of the three it was the one I was the least enthusiastic about but now that I've got it and opened it...well, I'm sold!

The Emperor is as articulated as the rest of the series and features a decent scupt. It took a little finagling with his cloak, but now he looks great displayed with Vader (Evo) and Tarkin (ROTS) in my Episode III display...

The Dooku is also well done. While I liked the ROTS one...it seemed the ultimate in sculpt, unobtrusive features (like removable body parts) and deco, it's nice to have that same quality of figure to add to my AOTC display. The Evo one again features a fine sculpt and detailing (but again, the cape takes a little fussing with to get it to display nice)...

The cream of this crop is The Maul figure. Anyone who doubts this version doesn't outshine any previous, just compare it to all of the versions availible from EpOne & POTJ. Some of those releases worked well at the time but this new one is amazing. Great articulation, detailing and cloth accents that WORK well are the highlights of this figure. I only have two little niggles...I wish this (and all the saber-welding figures in this series) could have included the die-cast metal version(s) of the light saber. I swapped the Maul one from the AOTC collection and boy, with this Evo figure, it really looks sharp!
Niggle # 2....got Maul displayed with my EpOne figures and....it sure would be nice to see Hasbro continue thios "Evo" idea with other characters that warrant such fine improvements....

I really liked this "Evolution"...let's be hopeful there's an evolution to the high quality these figures (and the VOTC collection) in the future of the SW collection...

JawaJoe
11-01-2005, 02:18 AM
Dunno if this is news or not but I went into wallyworld at midnite to pick up episode 3. Was shocked to see the isle kiosk had been stocked with the sith evolutions and the grey variant clone trooper set. They had 2 sith and about a dozen clones all grey, no yellow. I picked up one of each. Had'nt planned on buying the sith set but it looked MUCH better in person. Oh the best part, the sith set was $19.76. The clone set rang up $14.88.

mikey1974
11-01-2005, 05:58 AM
i agree with jedibear......while not havin a perfect head-sculpt like the ROTS version,dooku still looks great........for palps,i just left the hood down and bought an extra ROTS emperor,removed the hood,and put it on the EVO one......maul is great,just wish he had ball-jointed elbows.....my only complaint is he doesn't look good with the cloak on,they sculpted it with the arms too wide,so he looks like he's flying with it on.it should've been cloth.....

kool-aid killer
11-01-2005, 12:39 PM
Dunno if this is news or not but I went into wallyworld at midnite to pick up episode 3. Was shocked to see the isle kiosk had been stocked with the sith evolutions and the grey variant clone trooper set. They had 2 sith and about a dozen clones all grey, no yellow. I picked up one of each. Had'nt planned on buying the sith set but it looked MUCH better in person. Oh the best part, the sith set was $19.76. The clone set rang up $14.88.

Thats cool. I recently decided that i do want the varient Clone Evolutions set and almost preordered it from an online etailer. But if it can be found at retail, and especially at $15 i would jump at that instead. Thats a nice find.

sith_killer_99
11-01-2005, 04:08 PM
Well, I managed to find a couple of these new Gray Sandtrooper sets last night (this morning) during my quest to find the DVD.

I had hoped that the Sandtrooper paint job would not be like the photos...I had hoped that the pics were just mock-ups and that Hasbro would come to their senses. Unfortunatly the new Gray Sandtrooper does indeed look like he fell into a septic tank.:(

I like the paint apps on the other 2 figures enough, but the Sandtrooper looks horrible IMO. However, it is simple enough to exchange the pauldrons between my Orange and Gray Sandtroopers, so it makes little difference.

Tycho
11-02-2005, 10:33 AM
Why is this thread 296 posts long about figures we already have versions of?

If they made never before figures of Padme or the Queens of Naboo sets I'd have something to talk about.

I bought the Sith set so my POTJ (2001) Darth Vader Emperor's Wrath would have something to throw, but I haven't opened this set yet (or the 2001 Vader for that matter).

I hate to put a damper on things but this is ridiculous. On the other hand who's responsible for the ARC-170 Fan Club thread? Knock yourselves out.

dindae
11-02-2005, 11:37 AM
While we already had these figures I think most of us can agree that these sets are superior figures to what we have been getting in the main line. So the more people like/hate something the more they talk about it. Hopefully Hasbro will see that they hit home with these sets and make a few more that include new scuplts. But from what I have heard of their plans even if that doesn't happen I'm going to be please next year.

Luuuuuuke
11-02-2005, 02:30 PM
Why is this thread 296 posts long about figures we already have versions of?

If they made never before figures of Padme or the Queens of Naboo sets I'd have something to talk about.

I bought the Sith set so my POTJ (2001) Darth Vader Emperor's Wrath would have something to throw, but I haven't opened this set yet (or the 2001 Vader for that matter).

I hate to put a damper on things but this is ridiculous. On the other hand who's responsible for the ARC-170 Fan Club thread? Knock yourselves out.

What I want to know is why would anybody remotely bother to try to "put a damper on things" over such a trivial issue? It's really passive aggressive, and I frankly don't buy it when people preface stuff by saying, "I HATE to..." No, evidently you don't HATE doing that. You apparently LOVE doing that. That's why you're doing it. If I "hated" doing something I wouldn't do it.

If someone wants to have an ARC-170 Fan Club thread, good for them. Again, why do you give a crap? You're collecting toys like the rest of us, so who are you to judge what other people get excited about? I never bought the ARC-170, but if someone wants to start a fan club over it, who am I to ridicule them for it? Especially in such a roundabout, catty and passive aggressive manner?

This is precisely the kind of comments that makes people feel unwelcome on some forums.

Turbowars
11-02-2005, 07:01 PM
Oh no, I thought these spats were over here at SSG. I don't think Tycho meant it as harsh as you took it LUUUUUUUUUUKE. Hell I love the 170.

Tycho
11-02-2005, 08:18 PM
That's OK. I laughed reading his response. I'm the one to blame for the ARC-170 thread. Besides, I love it when we can find something to fight about outside of the Rancor Pit. It makes the mods nervous that Stillakid is going to rant about Qui-Gon and midi-chlorians again. Plus I'm still waiting for the TV show to reveal that Stormtroopers are Han Solo clones.:thumbsup:

LTBasker
11-02-2005, 10:01 PM
You're going to be waiting for a very, very long time then, won't ya? :p

anti-hero
11-03-2005, 09:15 AM
Now that it looks like the VOTC line will continue, do you think the chances are better that the Evo line will continue too?

I'm really hoping for a Luke (Stormtrooper, Bespin, DSII) set.

Tycho
11-03-2005, 09:28 AM
So is ROTJLuke.

sith_killer_99
11-03-2005, 10:44 AM
I'm still waiting for the TV show to reveal that Stormtroopers are Han Solo clones.

Take that back! Han is a much better shot and twice the pilot!;)

Luuuuuuke
11-03-2005, 11:58 AM
That's OK. I laughed reading his response. I'm the one to blame for the ARC-170 thread. Besides, I love it when we can find something to fight about outside of the Rancor Pit. It makes the mods nervous that Stillakid is going to rant about Qui-Gon and midi-chlorians again. Plus I'm still waiting for the TV show to reveal that Stormtroopers are Han Solo clones.:thumbsup:

Damn, you foiled me with your classy response:(..

If I'd known you were the one behind the Arc170 thread I would have read your post in a different light. I apologize.

Old Fossil
11-06-2005, 05:01 PM
Does anyone have a loose pic of the Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine figure from the Sith Evolutions set? It's the only set I haven't yet bought, and I'd only get it for Sidious. Is the set worth it, just for him? I can't judge based on what I see in the package alone! Any loose image would be much appreciated.:thumbsup:

Mandalorian Candidat
11-06-2005, 08:29 PM
No loose pic for me, but I did get mine just for a loose Palpatine and it's really good. The articulation is fine and the head sculpt is the best. He has a really ****ed off look and the wrinkles aren't overdone. Plus you can put his right hand out like he's choking someone. The set comes with a cane and a big robe so you can turn him into the Emperor. There are also lightning hands for some good ole Luke scorching action. The Maul and Dooku are also pretty good. I'd get it if I were you.

Old Fossil
11-07-2005, 07:23 PM
Thanks, MC! I'm almost persuaded.:yes:

ROTJLuke
11-07-2005, 07:30 PM
So is ROTJLuke.

Glad to have you back, Tycho :thumbsup:

Yea, Im waiting, it wont happen tho.

Anyways, Ive found the Ani evolutions (LOOOONGGG time ago), both Clone-Stormtrooper sets, and one Sith set. I usually leave figures carded, but these are so brilliantly done I had to open them and cant wait till I move into my new house to display them. :)

DarkArtist
11-07-2005, 09:29 PM
hey question ?
Is the clone evolution set a dark gray or a lite gray like the coruscant attack battle pack. today in target in manalapan NJ had the sets yet they looked metallic almost silver in fact. I picked up a set and ordered a set from EE. I'm wondering if this might be yet another variation ? Has anyone else seen these ?

Fwad
11-07-2005, 11:51 PM
Only 2 variations. Yellowish color was 1st and now there is the silver/grey version.

El Chuxter
11-08-2005, 12:00 AM
The grey Clonetrooper set is not a variant!!

Seriously. Hear me out here.

I picked up this bad boy Friday at Wal-Mart, and thought it odd that it wasn't in their computer. After all, that's where I got the yellow one, and had no problem getting it.

When I got home, I compared packaging. The clones on the back are not only different colors, they're posed and photographed differently. The two sets also have different UPC numbers (thus the problem I had buying it).

No, these are two unique items. And we should thank Hasbro for making them so. It's easier to determine which cases have items rather than variants.

Now if we can just convince them to give that red Shocktrooper a unique UPC number....

sith_killer_99
11-08-2005, 12:07 AM
The only sets I have seen are the "yellow" and the new "silver/grey" they are very much silver, though many call them grey. If you open the set you will find that the EPIII "Commander" has a black "skirt" with a really cool looking silver painted design. It really kicks arse!:thumbsup:

Too bad Hasbro messed up the paint deco on the Sandtrooper for the second set.:mad:

dindae
11-08-2005, 09:56 AM
Too bad Hasbro messed up the paint deco on the Sandtrooper for the second set.:mad:
Yeah I hope they at least go to the spray on method like they did for the first set. It was a vast improvement to me.

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=ROTS/swevol_CT-STsand2comp.jpg&text=Sandtrooper%20with%20smeared%20''dirt''%20|%2 0Sandtrooper%20with%20sprayed%20''dirt''

Kill Solo
11-10-2005, 12:11 AM
The grey/white clone trooper evolution set isn't really all that. I think the yellow clone trooper evolution set is soo much better.

I really dislike the way they, they being Hasbro, handled the accessories for the grey/white clone evo set. I mean what's with just cutting slits into a very slick looking kama and belt? The kama looks totally retarded on the figure because the slit is soo freaking noticeable. The grey belt is okay because it's not as noticeable. The AOTC clone is cool, I actually like the battle damage on it. It does look odd with the pilot helmet on it because it doesn't have the yellow marking on the shoulders and forearms. The only saving grace of this set is the Sandtrooper. I really like how dirty it is.

Turbowars
11-10-2005, 12:17 AM
That's funny that you like the Sandtrooper. Everyone else seems to hate him and like the other 2. I don't have it yet but will soon.

Kill Solo
11-10-2005, 12:23 AM
You know what Turbowars, I think it stems from the fact that I am really a OT fan. I mean don't get me wrong I love the Prequels, even TPM, but I just get nostalgic when it comes to Stormtroopers, Sandtroopers, and Biker Scouts. On a sidenote, I am so psyched about a VOTC SA Biker Scout in next years VOTC line up!

Turbowars
11-10-2005, 12:37 AM
I hear you on that. I really do favor the OT. My user ID should had been OT FREAK. The Sandtrooper does seem to be too dirty, but from what I have seen the battle damage on the other 2 look pretty cool. I like the redish marks. I can't wait to get a few sets!

jaxx
11-10-2005, 11:33 AM
I've heard all of these reports of the grey/silver version of the Clone Evolutions sets being found. I can't find them anywhere. I still see the Clone Evolutions being sent to stores, but they're only the yellow versions. I would love to find the grey one!

bobafrett
11-10-2005, 09:31 PM
We got a grey set in yesterday Jaxx. I doubt by the time you read this, there will be any left. I did manage to snag one set.

MajikNinja
11-10-2005, 10:03 PM
...Now if we can just convince them to give that red Shocktrooper a unique UPC number....

Not only a new UPC but how about unique packaging and a less crappy version of the clone to repaint it on, the quick draw clone has got to be the stupidist figure in rots... they shouldn't have bothered with it.

AmanaMatt
11-14-2005, 07:43 PM
My local Target finally got the grey version Evolutions Clone set - I am very happy with it - I even dig the 'septic' sandtrooper, but I'm sick that way.

ace2005
11-16-2005, 03:51 AM
Houston, Texas here...

These new evolution sets are showing up at local Targets in spades. Although for some reason these things are not ringing up at the register as if these things are not supposed to be out yet. Anyhow with a little proding and patients our Target CS get it pushed through. Well, it seems to me in our neck of the woods the confusion is that the stockers assume these are exactly the same as the previous set and does not realize that the item although similar it is different in packaging and upc. Not sure anyone else has made a note of this, but the packaging is actual the figures displayed and not the reused package of the yellow evolution set unlike hasbros' previous repaints and variations were they use the exact card and upc to repack the variants. Sorry, for the excessive blog, but for those looking for these at Target here is the DCPI # 087-06-1357.

Good Luck,

:thumbsup:

AmanaMatt
11-16-2005, 07:50 PM
When I bought mine, they would not ring up so the cashier called to the back somewhere and had the proper number looked up -

Kill Solo
11-16-2005, 08:05 PM
Yo, Walmart.com has these In Stock right now!......

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4383897

Kidhuman
11-23-2005, 10:24 AM
I managed ot secure all sets of these. I love them dearly.

Darth Cruel
01-20-2006, 03:10 PM
Once in a while as I am at Target I will start pulling up the bottom shelves to see if anyone had stashed things under them. I went a few days ago and did that check and came up with 4 of the Grey Clone-to-Stormtrooper Evolutions packs. I didn't know if they were 20 or 25 dollars so I scanned them. They came up as on clerance for 5.00. Not only was I stoked...but my collection was 4 Gray Clone-to-Stormtrooper Evolutions Packs bigger.

Deoxyribonucleic
01-20-2006, 03:35 PM
Once in a while as I am at Target I will start pulling up the bottom shelves to see if anyone had stashed things under them. I went a few days ago and did that check and came up with 4 of the Grey Clone-to-Stormtrooper Evolutions packs. I didn't know if they were 20 or 25 dollars so I scanned them. They came up as on clerance for 5.00. Not only was I stoked...but my collection was 4 Gray Clone-to-Stormtrooper Evolutions Packs bigger.

NICE find DC...nice find!! :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
01-20-2006, 04:53 PM

Wanna sell me one?

JON9000
08-29-2006, 10:41 AM
I caved in and bought the Clone Evolutions set with the orange pauldron Sandy off ebay for $24 total. My plan was to keep the Sandy and sell the other two, a ROTS Felucia Clone and an AOTC yellow Clone loose on ebay (and make back the money).

Then I started messing with the Felucia Clone and to be honest, he's so cool I cannot part with him. In fact, now I want his Commander and Aayla.

I may still ditch the AOTC clone...

Rogue II
08-29-2006, 11:06 AM
I recenlty bought both versions of the Evolutions Sandtrooper from ebay. I actually like them a little bit more than the recent Sandtrooper because of the chest joint. The joint on my Saga2 Sandtroper's chest is really loose.

The Evloultons sandtroopers are the reason you don't stand directly behind a dewback.

Kidhuman
08-29-2006, 01:13 PM
I have an extra gray clone, will trade it for the Sith evo