PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Evolution sets

Pages : [1] 2

Kidhuman
03-25-2005, 08:56 PM
EE has just posted preorders for the Evolution sets, the iunclude Anakin to Vader, and Clone Troopers.

Link 1 (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS85553A)

Link 2 (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS85553B)

The Anakin is:
Anakin to Darth Vader (Pack 1) featuring Anakin Skywalker (Episode II), Anakin Skywalker (Episode III), and Darth Vader (Vintage)

and Clone:
Clone Trooper to Sandtrooper (Pack 2) featuring Clone Trooper (Episode II), Clone Trooper (Episode III) and Sandtrooper

Beast
03-25-2005, 09:22 PM
They should have stuck 'E1 Anakin' in their as an accessory. :)
They need to do a bunch of these, I'd take a Palpatine and Jar Jar. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Kidhuman
03-25-2005, 09:36 PM
I am sure there will be more.

Sith Lord 0498
03-25-2005, 11:03 PM
Am I the only one to think these Evolution sets...well...suck??? These are just rehashes and will probably only benefit people who missed these figures the first time around. I've had a Palpatine "Evolution" set of my own for a couple months now. Senator and AOTC Chancellor flanking Emperor with Sidious Unleashed behind them. Just used what I have and didn't spend $15 or $20 on a rehash set. When I have the space, I can easily do the same with Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padme, Senate/Royal Guards, etc.

Sorry if I come off as cranky and overly-critical, but I'm just getting so sick of rehashed figures--especially in the last SW movie year ever.

JEDIpartner
03-26-2005, 08:31 AM
I think they suck.

4-Q-2
03-26-2005, 08:39 AM
Hopping on board with the these-things-suck opinions. Looks like Hasbro had a ton of figs returned or not sold & had to get them out of the warehouse. So someone said . . . hey, we could package 3 figures everyone already has into a new & cheap box, call them Evolutions, throw some lava on the outside & a maybe cheesy plastic base inside. Collectors will buy them! Woo Hoo!

But I will also say that an army builder may like the Clone/Storm one, especially if the base (which I am assuming it comes with) is cool. $20 for 3 figs + a base is not all that bad.

Still, gotta say they suck.

JEDIpartner
03-26-2005, 08:45 AM
Still, gotta say they suck.

I think we're gonna get along just fine. ;)

Kidhuman
03-26-2005, 10:22 AM
The clone sounds good, nice army builder. Anakin/Vader sounds OK, will wait to see that in poerson before passing a final judgement, but the clone set I will buy, maybe a few.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-26-2005, 04:00 PM
Meh, hopefully these are new figures. If not, they're skippable.

As KH said, the Clone set sounds like a good army builder.

CooLJoE
04-04-2005, 10:33 PM
Why oh why does it go from Clone- to Sand- trooper? It should be Clone- to STORM- trooper.

And that Anakin-to-Darth one should be EP1, EP2, EP3, Vintage Darth. Not including EP1 doesn't make sense to me.

Good job Hasbro. :rolleyes:

Sith Lord 0498
04-05-2005, 05:44 AM
Why oh why does it go from Clone- to Sand- trooper? It should be Clone- to STORM- trooper.

And that Anakin-to-Darth one should be EP1, EP2, EP3, Vintage Darth. Not including EP1 doesn't make sense to me.

Good job Hasbro. :rolleyes:

This is a great observation and one that supports my earlier posting. Most of us have enough of the figures already to create our own "Evolutions" sets. Just line them up in groups of three or four.

evenflow
04-05-2005, 08:14 AM
I want to see pictures.

MaquisWarrior
04-06-2005, 03:53 AM
Won't be the same without BATTISTA..oops..wrong club..
ABout the Clone Set: I have always wondered why the Stromtroopers were always armored in white with black undergarment. The OTC Stormtroopers harken back the time of the Jedi, the white tunic and balck/brown undergarment (see the deluxe armor jedi from CW).
Actually white is the best camo out there. If you notice you can't really see white in the daytime and under certain lighting. Those of you who drive, which color of car are almost crashing into when you don't pay attention, white. US gang members wear white T shirts and again under certain lighting. In the snow, duh! True real military sticks to the traditional woodland camo, but notice the camo used during the war in Iraq, the US Army has put white spots on it. When put my Clone Troopers on display on my desk I am always knocking down, stepping on them accidently!

Jaina Solo
04-06-2005, 06:20 PM
*sigh* Leave it to Hasbro to take Revenge of the Repacks to a whole new level. Unless these surprise me and turn out to be cool, I'll be skipping both. The clone/troopers might interest me if it was clone to stormtrooper, but nooo... they had to make it clone to sandtrooper. (Why???)

El Chuxter
04-06-2005, 06:37 PM
If there are only three in a pack, and the Vader is "vintage" (VOTC), would this mean that the Stormtrooper would be the VOTC version as well, to keep them at a similar price point?

Sith Lord 0498
04-06-2005, 07:10 PM
*sigh* Leave it to Hasbro to take Revenge of the Repacks to a whole new level. Unless these surprise me and turn out to be cool, I'll be skipping both. The clone/troopers might interest me if it was clone to stormtrooper, but nooo... they had to make it clone to sandtrooper. (Why???)

Because they have more Sandtroopers than Stormtroopers lying around in the warehouse!!! Duh!!!! ;) lol

Seriously though, it's getting ridiculous how many times left-over stock is recycled...especially when it was sought out yet impossible to find during its initial release!

*cough* SA Clonetrooper *cough*

Kidhuman
04-22-2005, 04:41 PM
Here are the shots from C3....

Clone (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=11120&cat=3832&page=1)

Anakin/Vader (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=11133&cat=3832&page=2)

sith (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=11124&cat=3832&page=1)

I love the clone set, the Sith set is nice too. Anakin/Vader is ok.

Beast
04-22-2005, 04:54 PM
These sets are amazing. And they're confirmed to have VOTC level of articulation and details. The Sith set looks amazing, and I'm really liking the Maul and Palpy. But the Clone/Stormie set is freakin' awesome!! :D

Some close-ups from Scum:
http://www.rebelscum.com/gallery/c3/hasbro-042205/IMG_3052.JPG
http://www.rebelscum.com/gallery/c3/hasbro-042205/IMG_3048.JPG
http://www.rebelscum.com/gallery/c3/hasbro-042205/IMG_3045.JPG
http://www.rebelscum.com/gallery/c3/hasbro-042205/IMG_3081.JPG
http://www.rebelscum.com/gallery/c3/hasbro-042205/IMG_3072.JPG
http://www.rebelscum.com/gallery/c3/hasbro-042205/IMG_3074.JPG
http://www.rebelscum.com/gallery/c3/hasbro-042205/IMG_3136.JPG

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Blackened88
04-22-2005, 05:02 PM
I definitely want the Clone 3-pack, the others I couldn't care about.

El Chuxter
04-22-2005, 05:28 PM
VOTC style articulation? Sweet! I must have these! Normal AOTC and ROTS Anakins, and finally the Maul we've been waiting six years for!!

beckmen
04-22-2005, 05:32 PM
The Clone/Storm is Suh-Weeeet! The others are not so great, but I might pull the trigger anyway (Maul is kind of cool-looking) depending on how they look IP.

That is if I ever even see them IP...

Kidhuman
04-22-2005, 05:33 PM
Yes CHux, they are all new sculpts with enhanced articulation according to Hasbros Q&A session today.

Slicker
04-22-2005, 05:54 PM
I concur with you guys in saying that the Clone set along with the Sith set look great. The Sandtrooper looks really amazing from those pics.

Sith Lord 0498
04-22-2005, 06:20 PM
Am I the only one to think these Evolution sets...well...suck??? These are just rehashes and will probably only benefit people who missed these figures the first time around. I've had a Palpatine "Evolution" set of my own for a couple months now. Senator and AOTC Chancellor flanking Emperor with Sidious Unleashed behind them. Just used what I have and didn't spend $15 or $20 on a rehash set. When I have the space, I can easily do the same with Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padme, Senate/Royal Guards, etc.

Sorry if I come off as cranky and overly-critical, but I'm just getting so sick of rehashed figures--especially in the last SW movie year ever.

I'll be the first to admit it: I'm eating my words right now!

Hasbro really impressed me with this one. All three of these Evolution sets look fantastic. I'll be getting all three for certain. Sidious looks amazing as do the clones. The worst of the bunch, I think, is Darth Maul, but then again I'm still sick of him from the glut of Episode 1 versions.

Now that Hasbro has revealed VOTC-style articulation on these figures, I guess the reason we're getting a Sandtrooper in the Clone pack is because we've already been given a VOTC Stormtrooper. Imagine that...Hasbro AVOIDING a repack!!! lol

El Chuxter
04-22-2005, 06:35 PM
Why is no one else excited about the Anakins/Vader set? This is what we've been begging for: DECENT, WELL-ARTICULATED SCULPTS OF ANAKIN SKYWALKER!!!

I see now why the seemingly logical TPM Anakin isn't in here. He's too small to articulate well. This is more bang for the buck.

Kidhuman
04-22-2005, 06:36 PM
I like it alot, but compared to the other 2, it is the weakest of all three.

El Chuxter
04-22-2005, 06:43 PM
I like it alot, but compared to the other 2, it is the weakest of all three.

Not about to disagree with you on it being the weakest of the bunch (Vader or not), but we finally will have decent-looking Anakin Skywalkers that are poseable and can stand on their own and don't have stupid buttons sticking out of their butts!

Kidhuman
04-22-2005, 06:45 PM
I agree 100% Chux, now if we can get an Obi and a Qui-Gon.

El Chuxter
04-22-2005, 06:55 PM
Obi-Wan would be an obvious choice for a set. The only problem is, unlike Anakin, there's not one that's too small to make worth packing in. So there are four good possibilities. I actually think I'd prefer three prequel Obi-Wans, since we have the VOTC already. A super-articulated ghost doesn't seem too exciting.

Qui-Gon would work carded, but in a set like this. . . . Maybe "Jedi Warriors" with Qui-Gon, Mace Windu, and ROTJ Luke Skywalker?

Babes of the Galaxy, featuring Queen "Padme" Amidala (the maroon outfit from the final TPM battle), Barriss Offee (over Aayla, since we have two outstanding Aaylas and only one Barriss, who's singing opera or something), and Princess Leia as Jabba's Prisoner?

Bounty Hunters. . . Jango is an obvious choice. Boba's been done, though. I can't think of too many possibilities for a second and third. Maybe a decent Zam, but that's two from the same movie. Bossk would be cool, but who wants an SA Dengar or Greedo?

Heroic Pilots, featuring Ric Olie, Saessee Tiin, and Wedge Antilles? Hard to get too excited over an SA Ric.

Evil Masterminds, with Nute Gunray, Grand Moff Tarkin, and, uh. . . .

Maybe on second though, past that Jedi Warriors, they should just go the carded route.

Rocketboy
04-22-2005, 08:34 PM
Why is no one else excited about the Anakins/Vader set? This is what we've been begging for: DECENT, WELL-ARTICULATED SCULPTS OF ANAKIN SKYWALKER!!!That's what I'm talkin' about.
AOTC didn't really give us a great Anakin (Secret Ceremony was just OK).

And you can never have too many Vaders.

Kidhuman
04-22-2005, 09:58 PM
GH has a picture up and the clones (http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery/events/celebration_3/hasbro/c3_002%20412.jpg) have removeable helmets. Looks like Maul also has a probe droid.

Beast
04-22-2005, 10:18 PM
GH has a picture up and the clones (http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery/events/celebration_3/hasbro/c3_002%20412.jpg) have removeable helmets. Looks like Maul also has a probe droid.
Ok, now that is just the cherry atop the banana split of awesomeness (is that a word?) that is the Clone set. Hopefully the Darth Vader in the set will have a removable helmet as well. We've needed a really good Vader with removable helmet. Especially since Shaw's face was altered to remove the eyebrows. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthBrandon
04-23-2005, 12:56 AM
Love them, can't wait to get them, going to go good with my collection. :D

beckmen
04-23-2005, 08:25 AM
The soft goods (What's worse than cloth? VINYL!) and odd sculpts on the other sets put me off, but the Clone set looks even more awesome with the removeable helmet...

Any idea of how much these will be? Come on, Hasbro 14.95 MSRP!!!

Sith Lord 0498
04-23-2005, 09:15 AM
Any idea of how much these will be? Come on, Hasbro 14.95 MSRP!!!

Last I heard, each set is $19.99. That's not bad...$6.67 per figure (considering K-Mart and KB are charging more for the basic ROTS line). VOTC articulation, interchangeable parts, removable helmets (especially liking that AOTC Gunship pilot helmet option). I'm buying each set w/o hesitation (well unless money's tight of course).

Slicker
04-23-2005, 09:19 AM
I'm with JJB on saying that the removable helmets tops this set off. It looked great before but now it looks GREAT.

AmanaMatt
04-23-2005, 10:20 AM
I love the Clone Trooper(s)/Sandtrooper 3 pack.....I would love to see all of the Sandtrooper ranks released with that exact sculpt...I even like the Anakin(s)/Vader 3 pack: looks like some decent head sculpts of H.Christensen.

evenflow
04-23-2005, 10:25 AM
This line is awesome. I really hope these sell well so they continue with more characters. I didnt even notice the removable helmet, very nice touch.

tagmac
04-23-2005, 11:12 AM
Just pre-ordered mine from Amazon. No listing for the Sith 3-pack, but the other two look great, especially the clones!

beckmen
04-23-2005, 06:24 PM
For 20 bucks I will have to only buy the Clone set, if I find it.

vadersvette
04-23-2005, 10:16 PM
These sets are a lot better than I expected. I thought they would be all older figures, which made me want only the clone set. but they're all new. I really dig the Darth Maul and the clones. Nice touch giving the AOTC clone both the standard and pilot helmets. The only thing I didn't like was AOTC Anakin's vinyl tunic.

Fluke Skywalker
04-24-2005, 05:05 AM
Reading back to the begining of this thread, it's obvious everyone was expecting the worst from these sets (Can't say I blame them with Hasbro's record of rehashes). I had no idea what these 'Evolutions' even were until yesterday. I thought they were a card set or something. :crazed:

Count me "Pleasantly suprised/These are awesome" crowd. I'll get all three and maybe two of the 'Trooper' set. :greedy:

Kidhuman
04-24-2005, 10:54 AM
Packaged Anakin/Vader.....

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=11623&cat=3832&page=3

Joshkj
04-24-2005, 11:15 AM
Ouch, $20, I was hoping for 15, Ill just get 2 clone packs(I have a very large carded clone collection going) BUT WOW I love the removeable helments and double pistols, and the extra helments; These figures will top my list, Now maybe they will learn and step it up with reg figs!

General_Grievous
04-24-2005, 12:03 PM
These all look great! We needed a new Darth Maul. I love the clones and the Anakin/Vader pack. The box also looks pretty cool.

What I'd like to see out of this line is:

An Obi-Wan pack (TPM, AOTC, and ROTS, all w/ robes)
A Padme pack (TPM Purple traveling gown, AOTC Coruscant Senate gown, ROTS blue gown from trailer)
A Jedi pack w/ Qui-Gon (TPM, w/ Robes), Mace (AOTC, w/ Robes) and Yoda (ROTS)
A Luke pack (ANH X-Wing gear, ESB Bespin gear, ROTJ Jedi Gear)
A Leia pack (ANH Ceremonial gown, ESB Hoth gear, ROTJ Endor camo gear)
A Han pack (ANH Stormtrooper gear, ESB Bespin gear, ROTJ Endor gear)

Slicker
04-24-2005, 12:08 PM
Yikes!! The packaging leaves alot to be desired IMO. I like it but I was thinking more along the lines of the original Cinema Scenes 3 packs with a wide window box and such.

beckmen
04-24-2005, 01:43 PM
I don't mind the packaging.

How wide are these going to be? Will they end up at Wal-Mart?

beckmen
04-24-2005, 02:00 PM
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=11626&cat=3832&page=3

Looks to me like the Clone set will have color variants...

evenflow
04-24-2005, 02:51 PM
I really cant handle many more color variants ont he clones.

Sentinel18725
04-24-2005, 04:57 PM
I understand keeping the price point down on these things, but I would have liked to have seen them be a four pack.

All of the Sith

Anakin from little kid to Darth Vader

Clone Troopers from Clean to Stormtroopers.

Ji'dai
04-24-2005, 06:13 PM
Wow, that packaging is unexpected. It's strange, the separate figure windows make it look like candy/cookie packaging rather than a toy's. Maybe their edible.

I'm also tired of the Clone color variants, enough.

Fluke Skywalker
04-24-2005, 08:33 PM
Yikes the packaging look like a Lunchable :ermm:

That's OK, I actually plan to open these anyway. Now there's less guilt.

As far as color variants of the Clones, bring 'em on I say. :D

tagmac
04-24-2005, 08:49 PM
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=11626&cat=3832&page=3

Looks to me like the Clone set will have color variants...

Why do you say that? From this picture, I only see the yellow versions.

Kidhuman
04-25-2005, 12:01 AM
I agree, I only see yellow. Maybe the sandtrooper in front looks a little blue which could mislead someone. I hope there are not any variations of this.

sevboot
04-25-2005, 09:23 AM
Well, I guess I'm the only one who is disappointed, but man, I hate, hate, hate cloth on my figures. Especially on figures this small. I figure this was my last chance at a normal, fully sculpted figure of Anakin form ROTS, but from what I can tell he'll have a pretty little cloth skirt. What is Hasbro's obsession with cheap cloth? It looks so bad on otherwise decent figures. Soft, fully sculpted plastic capes would be so much better, but noooooooooo. You have to admit the capes look silly on these toys. It just does not fit. I guess I'll have to settle for screaming Mustafar Anakin now.

aceguide
04-25-2005, 03:34 PM
Funny how a thread will turn around...

I like these sets, and the concept. Hopefully we will see more in the future.

Joshkj
04-25-2005, 03:46 PM
I love the clones!!!!! I dont mind varients at all.

Hellboy
04-25-2005, 04:09 PM
Jeeez!! :eek: These look amazing, maybe even the coolest idea Hasbro has ever had. As far as the packaging goes, who cares, these just beg to be opened. Definitely count me in for all of these sets as well as multiples of the Clone set. Magnificent!! :D

Blackened88
04-25-2005, 04:39 PM
I would definitely want variants for the Clones.

Joshkj
04-25-2005, 04:48 PM
I just did the math and for 5 of these sets I could have 3 5 person squads, so im getting 5 its the same price.

beckmen
04-25-2005, 04:48 PM
Well, I guess I'm the only one who is disappointed, but man, I hate, hate, hate cloth on my figures. Especially on figures this small. I figure this was my last chance at a normal, fully sculpted figure of Anakin form ROTS, but from what I can tell he'll have a pretty little cloth skirt. What is Hasbro's obsession with cheap cloth? It looks so bad on otherwise decent figures. Soft, fully sculpted plastic capes would be so much better, but noooooooooo. You have to admit the capes look silly on these toys. It just does not fit. I guess I'll have to settle for screaming Mustafar Anakin now.

Sadly the collectors and kids support it. I think us non-soft good people are the minority on this board...

Looks like I spoke too soon about the variants. It looked like the figs has blue coloring, but it was just the lighting when you look really close.

sease9
04-26-2005, 12:14 AM
Damn, just saw these...can't wait till they drop! very, very dope, I'm buying all 3 sets fer' sure... :cool:

JEDIpartner
04-26-2005, 10:13 AM
I hate to poop on your festivities but the paint-ups are great but the boxed Anakin set is seriously bad. I was completely geeked on getting those until I peered past the paint-ups and into the production versions. The Vader ended up being something akin to the VOTC one and the paint apps on the Anakins are wrong and not even the same colours as the paint-ups.

I have a feeling the trooper set may be better as they aren't human sculpts. I am hoping that the Palpatine/Maul/Dooku set is good. The paint-ups were amazing and the soft-goods really worked for them.

Scackmgack
04-26-2005, 11:27 AM
The Clone set rocks! It will be nice to have a properly-articulated Clone Commander without having to get those EE 4-packs, and the yellow Ep 3 Clone Commander from the set rocks.

JEDIpartner
04-26-2005, 11:39 AM
Yeah... those ARE good. I don't think they'll have the opportunity to Eff-up the paint applications on those like they did with the Anakins... *sigh*

WesleySr
04-26-2005, 11:46 AM
Well, I thought that I would go ahead and chime in here. I saw these @ CIII and I thought that they looked awesome. Not too much worried about the packaging, since I will be opening them if I ever find them. The figures themselves look great, but I think Hasbro could have done these for $15 instead of $20.

JEDIpartner
04-26-2005, 11:54 AM
When you say "awesome"-- are you talking about the loose prototypes or the actual pieces they displayed in the box? There really WAS a big difference.

WesleySr
04-26-2005, 12:06 PM
When you say "awesome"-- are you talking about the loose prototypes or the actual pieces they displayed in the box? There really WAS a big difference.

I didn't pay much attention to the ones in the packages. I just stared at the ones that Hasbro had out on display in front of the packages. Were they different?

JEDIpartner
04-26-2005, 12:14 PM
They were drastically different. I was really excited to see the Evolutions ROTS Anakin. Sadly, I came to see that the prototype on display was painted to look exactly like Hayden as Anakin but one in the box looked like crap and the AOTC Anakin in the box had yellow hair and looked like a cartoon character of Justin Timberlake.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-26-2005, 12:27 PM
They were drastically different. I was really excited to see the Evolutions ROTS Anakin. Sadly, I came to see that the prototype on display was painted to look exactly like Hayden as Anakin but one in the box looked like crap and the AOTC Anakin in the box had yellow hair and looked like a cartoon character of Justin Timberlake.
Really? That's too bad to hear. I saw them at the con too but I didn't pay attention to the boxed sample. Hopefully the real figures will look like the ones they had on display.

Anyway . . . I love these! The ROTS Anakin looks exactly like Hayden, I don't see how paint could mess this up. The Vader is even better than the VOTC version, with articulated ankles and ball-jointed feet! I love the use of vinyl on the AOTC Anakin, it looks very nice.

The Dooku is even nicer than the ROTS version, and has a cloth skirt. Palpatine is amazing, as he had interchangeable hands with lightning COMING OUT OF THE FINGERS!!!! No more of this sleeve stuff, no sir. Maul is awesome as well, and he has a cool removable plastic cloak.

The clones rule, and they're even better after hearing about the removable helmets and added pilot gear! I wonder if the sandtrooper has a Jango head? I'd assume that with the quality of these sets, the sandtrooper stuff can come off and he can be a regular trooper. I love the ROTS clone too, I think it's Commander Bly, who looks like the Clone Commander out now, but in yellow and without the visor thing.

I can't wait for these!!!

JEDIpartner
04-26-2005, 03:33 PM
Yeah... I was giving these are really hard look because I wanted them to be good. Believe me-- the paint on the face did mess it up and he actually looks less like Hayden and more like Andy Gibb or something. Shame, really...

I think the soldiers will be fine and I think the Sith set will be fine. They've done such a great job on the Palpatines and Dookus thus far...

beckmen
04-26-2005, 03:56 PM
Hmmm, if the Sandtrooper can change into a regular Stormie that'd be awesome. I still need a good Storme, the last one I bought was the POTF2 deluxe with Jetpack...

sith_killer_99
04-27-2005, 11:30 AM
I still need a good Storme, the last one I bought was the POTF2 deluxe with Jetpack...

:eek:

With superior Stormies out there like the CommTech style and the VOTC! That's a real shame!

I plan on buying all the Evolution sets, I will buy extras of the ones I really like for my loose collection.

beckmen
04-27-2005, 05:09 PM
After POTF2 I only collected when movie came out, so POTJ and OTC were lines I didn't really get anything from. Partially do to lack of funds. I was pretty jobless when the OTC came out, oer I would have snagged a bunch.

jedibear
04-27-2005, 07:12 PM
Qui-Gon would work carded, but in a set like this. . . . Maybe "Jedi Warriors" with Qui-Gon, Mace Windu, and ROTJ Luke Skywalker?

Great idea El...I would really like to see a rendition of Qui-Gon that would match the VOTC/Evolution quality....

I saw these sets at C-lll and was very impressed. The sculpts are very good (Maul has HORNS instead of nubs!) and the Trooper set looked especially nice. Both Anakins (AOTC & ROTS) looked much better than any of the current or past versions. All the figures featured great articulation that did not impede on the figure's appearance (the current crop of ROTS figures really suffer from this problem) The figures that featured cloth accents worked better than ever...the quality of the cloth was good...capes laid flat across the shoulders, The black shoulder swatches on Anakin's jedi tunic looked good.

I hope to see Obi-Wan done with this kind of quality. Padme & Leia would be good too. And of course, Han could use some new improved versions this line could offer (the ANH VOTC version of him is amazing...and shows what Hasbro can do if they put the effort in)...

I hope these sets do well enough to inspire Hasbro to do more (like some of the suggestions bandied about here)....more theme-related and character related multipacks of good quality would be welcomed be this collector!

CooLJoE
04-28-2005, 02:33 AM
My plan is to get them only for the collection purpose. Personally, I think they aren't worthy of the "evolution" name.

It should have been Anakin TPM, Anakin AOTC, Anakin ROTS, Vader ROTS, Vader OTC

And Clone AOTC, Clone ROTS, Stormtrooper (with maybe some color variations in the mix)

And Palpatine TPM, Palpatine AOTC, Palpatine ROTS, Sidious ROTS, Sidious OTC

Those 3 in that setup would be perfect Evolution sets. Also I don't understand the sith evolution one. Maul to Dooku to Sidious? I just don't see that as a good evolution set.

My actual plan (that I've had for awhile now) is to make my own Evolutions sets as I mentioned above.

beckmen
04-28-2005, 03:14 PM
Yeah, it should have just been one character.

Three figs per pack is fine IMO though...

Anakin TPM, Anakin ROTS, Vader OTC
Palpatine TPM, Palpatine ROTS (Red robes, deformed face), Emperor Palpatine (OTC)
Clone Trooper TPM (White), Clone Trooper ROTS (White), Stormtrooper

The Anakin set would have some Accesories to make up for the small TPM Anakin figure: Interchangable AOTC/ROTS heads for Anakin ROTS, Naboo Helmet for TPM Anakin, Imperial Torture Droid for Vader. And of course sabers...

Kidhuman
04-29-2005, 07:09 PM
Just posted the case asst's for the Evolution sets. As of now, the Sith Set looks to be the chaser.

Beast
05-18-2005, 07:56 PM
Looks like the paint app problems of the prototypes have been licked. The images that went up of the actual shipping version of the Anakin Evolution set looks pretty damn good, in my opinion. Especially the two Anakins. :)

http://www.mousedroid.com/

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-18-2005, 08:04 PM
Though the figures do look great, I much prefer the blue tray that they were on at CIII to this puke-orange one. But, I'll throw that part out anyway, so it's a moot point. :D

Blackened88
05-18-2005, 09:04 PM
What kind of articulation will these figs have, are the Anakin/Vader set going to be like Kit Fisto or like Plo Koon's articulation?

Beast
05-18-2005, 09:08 PM
What kind of articulation will these figs have, are the Anakin/Vader set going to be like Kit Fisto or like Plo Koon's articulation?
VOTC levels of Articulation.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Blackened88
05-18-2005, 09:09 PM
Hmm, maybe I will get the Anakin/Vader set along with the Clone set.

jedibear
05-19-2005, 07:43 PM
I was impressed with these when I saw them at Clll as I mentioned earlier but I forget...on the Anakin set...are the knees jointed on the ROTS version? I hope so as I'm looking forward to having him displayed kneeling before Palpatine on my ROTS shelf....

I'm also delighted that he sports a cloak!

The Trooper set looks outstanding too....but after seeing the movie, they've barely scratched the surface with figure possibilties on these guys!

WesleySr
05-21-2005, 04:30 AM
I think the Anakin / Vader set looks pretty good. Out of the 3 sets, I figure that the Clonetrooper / Stormtrooper will be the hardest to find.

Sith Lord 0498
05-21-2005, 07:42 AM
I think the Anakin / Vader set looks pretty good. Out of the 3 sets, I figure that the Clonetrooper / Stormtrooper will be the hardest to find.

I don't think it will be as hard to find as you think. The case assortments that Entertainment Earth has posted split the Evolutions sets into two waves.

Wave 1: Anakin/Vader (1 per case), Clonetrooper (1 per case)

Wave 2: Sith Lords (1 per case), Clonetrooper (1 per case)

The Clonetrooper set overlaps both waves whereas the other two have their own waves. This means that the Clones will have a longer shelf life than the other two, making those sets the HTF ones.

Personally, I think they should pack 4 in a case, split between the two sets.

beckmen
05-21-2005, 03:19 PM
Anybody know release date and availability?

Sith Lord 0498
05-21-2005, 03:54 PM
Anybody know release date and availability?

They are listed for a July release. Wave 2 may be slated for August, but I'm almost certain they are both coming in July.

WesleySr
05-22-2005, 03:40 AM
I don't think it will be as hard to find as you think. The case assortments that Entertainment Earth has posted split the Evolutions sets into two waves.

The Clonetrooper set overlaps both waves whereas the other two have their own waves. This means that the Clones will have a longer shelf life than the other two, making those sets the HTF ones.

Either way, dare I say that Hasbro is showing signs of intelligence. Shipping the army builder in both waves.

figrin bran
05-23-2005, 10:58 PM
here's a pic i found of the clonetrooper set off of another site

pic (http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?action=viewimage&categoryid=3569&text=&imageid=14891&box=&shownew=)

jaxx
05-24-2005, 11:11 AM
SCHWEEEEET!!!

I can't wait till these hit the stores. I hope that I can find them. I'm sure that it was already posted earlier, but does anyone know how much these will retail at? Entertainment Earth is pricing them at $26.99, but I know that they're slightly on the high side. Palpatine looks friggin great! It would have been great if Hasbro would have made the yellow ROTS Clone with the same drop down visor as the Clone Commander (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=ROTS/rots0533clonecmdraim.jpg). Then we could get a Commander Cody.
Agree???

AmanaMatt
05-24-2005, 02:59 PM
Galactichunter is indicating that the two clones will have removable helmets....if so, these have gone from my 'Must own' list to my 'MUST OWN' list!

Seriously, I am very pumped for these....anyone want to trade me their sandtroopers when they come out, let me know as I will be customizing that bad boy.

WesleySr
05-24-2005, 04:21 PM
I'm sure that it was already posted earlier, but does anyone know how much these will retail at?

It sticks in my mind that they will retail @ $19.99.

DarkArtist
05-24-2005, 04:28 PM
I thought these were only exclusive to Entertainment Earth ?? if not I hope they are found everywhere, I hate store exclusives.... these figures look awesome I only hope that Dooku has a removable head and hands feature. The ROTS version was a somewhat letdown.

El Chuxter
05-24-2005, 04:40 PM
The removeable helmet dealio is confirmed in this month's Insider. One will have Temuera Morrison's head, the other Bodie Taylor. No word on which (or if there'll be, ugh, variants), but my guess is the (ROTS) Commander would have Temuera's head since logically he'd be older.

WesleySr
05-24-2005, 04:52 PM
I must have missed the part about these being exclusives. All I can say is, NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exclusives like these suck, because EE charges such high prices. Please don't let these be exclusives.

Dark Helmet
05-24-2005, 06:11 PM
The clone sounds good, nice army builder. Anakin/Vader sounds OK, will wait to see that in poerson before passing a final judgement, but the clone set I will buy, maybe a few.

Does a guy have to shell out $105 for the whole case or can I buy them as separate figures? I mean I don't need 4 of the Anakin evolution. But to get all the clones and the vintage vader and sandtrooper maybe its best to buy the case? I see that in the first case, there aren't any sandtroopers but for the same price, you can buy the 2nd case and get all the Anakin to Vader for the prequels, vintage vader, and the clones, and hopefully a vintage sandtrooper. Maybe Iam reading the amounts wrong but it seems to make more sense to buy the 2nd one not the first. I need a little help reading the contents of each case I guess:confused::confused::confused::confused::conf used:

Dark Helmet
05-24-2005, 06:22 PM

Hey Sith, where does it say in the description on EE's website that a clonetrooper comes in each case? I think that I may not be looking at the same thing as you. One case just had the Anakin/Vader HS85553A and the other case HS85553B had both Anakin/Vader and Clones. I don't see anything else on their website. Need some help here figuring this out. Sorry to be a pain in the @$$..........:confused:

El Chuxter
05-24-2005, 06:28 PM
I somehow doubt those army builder sets are going to pegwarm. If anything, despite the case assortment, I anticipate those being the HTF ones.

Everyone will want a nice Maul and Emperor, so the Sith set comes next on the HTF totem pole.

Despite the awesome Anakins, the Vader is going to kill the third set, coming so soon on the heels of the VOTC Vader.

Sith Lord 0498
05-24-2005, 06:28 PM
Hey Sith, where does it say in the description on EE's website that a clonetrooper comes in each case? I think that I may not be looking at the same thing as you. One case just had the Anakin/Vader HS85553A and the other case HS85553B had both Anakin/Vader and Clones. I don't see anything else on their website. Need some help here figuring this out. Sorry to be a pain in the @$$..........:confused:

That's because they changed the case assortments. I was using information that was posted when the Evolution cases were originally put up on EE's site. I'm looking at it now. It now appears that Wave 1 cases will be all Anakin/Vader (4x), Wave 2 will be Anakin/Vader (2x) and Clones (2x), and Wave 3 will be Sith Lords (2x) and Clones (2x).

The Clones will still be showing up in two different waves, but now the Anakin to Vader set looks to be the most plentiful with the Sith Lords being the least distributed. It figures, eh.

Sorry about the confusion. I didn't know they'd changed the ratios.

El Chuxter
05-24-2005, 06:31 PM
Okay, you posted the new info just seconds after my last post. The Vader set will definitely pegwarm. :(

I still think the Imperial Forces (for lack of a better name, since the Sandtrooper may or may not be a clone) set will be toughest to find. I have a feeling many people will want multiples of that one.

Already having several nice Dooku figures released over the past three years isn't going to help the Sith set any.

Dark Helmet
05-24-2005, 06:47 PM
That's because they changed the case assortments. I was using information that was posted when the Evolution cases were originally put up on EE's site. I'm looking at it now. It now appears that Wave 1 cases will be all Anakin/Vader (4x), Wave 2 will be Anakin/Vader (2x) and Clones (2x), and Wave 3 will be Sith Lords (2x) and Clones (2x).

The Clones will still be showing up in two different waves, but now the Anakin to Vader set looks to be the most plentiful with the Sith Lords being the least distributed. It figures, eh.

Sorry about the confusion. I didn't know they'd changed the ratios.

No confusion just my own stupidity on knowing how to navigate EE's website. I have it up now, where do you see wave 3 the sith lords? The page I am on shows the 2 waves. Help a brother out...thanks sith!!1

Dark Helmet
05-24-2005, 07:01 PM
Never mind sith, I finally figured out EE's website. I located the sith lords.
Thanks for all your help though!!!!

Sith Lord 0498
05-24-2005, 08:55 PM
Never mind sith, I finally figured out EE's website. I located the sith lords.
Thanks for all your help though!!!!

No problem. And you're not the only one who has trouble deciphering their inventory. It still takes me a while to figure out if I'm looking at a set, a case, or an individual item.

Kidhuman
05-24-2005, 11:22 PM
Best way to see if it is individual or a case is look at price. The more expensive, it is a a set

AmanaMatt
05-25-2005, 01:12 AM
Are these sets Entertainment Earth exclusives....? I did not think so, and dread the thought.

figrin bran
05-25-2005, 02:00 AM
to answer the question about whether it's an exclusive or not, amazon.com has the clone trooper set on pre order for $19.99. the release date is suppposedly June 1.

Sith Lord 0498
05-25-2005, 06:14 AM
Best way to see if it is individual or a case is look at price. The more expensive, it is a a set

That's usually what I do. They're just never in any order, so I'm looking back and forth. Price, wave, description...price, wave, description...etc. etc.

It'd be nice if they grouped them into smaller categories.

WesleySr
05-25-2005, 07:33 AM
to answer the question about whether it's an exclusive or not, amazon.com has the clone trooper set on pre order for $19.99. the release date is suppposedly June 1.

Thank goodness, I hate dealing with EE. If amazon.com is preordering them, then it is a good chance that they will show up in the stores.

AmanaMatt
05-25-2005, 09:43 AM

Thanks, glad to hear it. I really dislike Entertainment Earth...I only deal with them now on an exclusive.

Kidhuman
05-25-2005, 11:37 PM
I wouldnt trust AMazon's release date, they had Mustafar for 4/2 and it wasnt released then.

Battle Droid
05-25-2005, 11:40 PM
Star Wars Insider #82 says July, but not when in July.

Kidhuman
05-26-2005, 12:11 AM
I had heard July as well, mid July I believe.

anti-hero
05-26-2005, 10:36 AM
Check this out...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=101609&item=5977569415&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Hmmm...

Doesn't say it's a presell. And he's in Cali... He's got 100% feedback but on another listing for the same item someone asked him for proof of in hand and he was very vague.

He's got 4 listed, 3 Ani packs and one Trooper pack. On the trooper listing he said 2 of the 3 helmets come off! If that's true, sweet!!

LMKWYT

Sith Lord 0498
05-26-2005, 01:39 PM
Yakface.com has a new pic of the Anakin/Vader set. It seems we are getting a removable helmet Darth Vader!

mm74md
05-26-2005, 01:40 PM
I didn't see these images posted anywhere else in this thread, but I thought y'all might like to see these. They are from amazon.com

El Chuxter
05-26-2005, 04:37 PM
Man, just when you think this set couldn't rock any more?

Uh, Hasbro, any chance of the aforementioned Qui-Gon/Mace/Luke set? And give Mace a removable hand? :)

Dark Helmet
05-26-2005, 05:50 PM
Check this out...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=101609&item=5977569415&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Hmmm...

Doesn't say it's a presell. And he's in Cali... He's got 100% feedback but on another listing for the same item someone asked him for proof of in hand and he was very vague.

He's got 4 listed, 3 Ani packs and one Trooper pack. On the trooper listing he said 2 of the 3 helmets come off! If that's true, sweet!!

LMKWYT

On the trooper pack, are speaking of the evolutions or the EE exclusive clone 3pack white, white w/battle damage/ multicolored/ and multicolored with battle damage? Because if you are speaking of the evoluton clones, I'd love to see a picture if anyone has access to one.:)

beckmen
05-26-2005, 06:26 PM
The AOTC Anakin has some bad soft goods that look hard to content with. But the ROTS one looks like it just has a soft cloak, so that's good. I shiould be able to change out Vader's cape with a POTF2 cape and then it'll look good like my ROTS Vader.

anti-hero
05-27-2005, 09:06 AM
On the trooper pack, are speaking of the evolutions or the EE exclusive clone 3pack white, white w/battle damage/ multicolored/ and multicolored with battle damage? Because if you are speaking of the evoluton clones, I'd love to see a picture if anyone has access to one.:)

It was listed as the Evolutions pack. The only pic around that I know of is the low quality scan they had at www.mousedroid.com (that's the same pic the guy on ebay used.)

I can't wait for the Anakin set. The only thing that bugs me is the cloak on Sith Ani is the wrong color. That, and it looks like the gloved arm might be set up to go on a cut elbow instead of a ball joint. If that figure has the cut elbows I'm going to be very upset as it's the main reason I'm looking forward to the set.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-27-2005, 11:53 AM
Sweet! Eyebrow-less Vader! I love the arena chain and how it's connected to the handcuffs. Now Anakin can ride the reek correctly. :D

ROTJLuke
05-27-2005, 07:16 PM
I like the Ani to Vader

General_Grievous
05-29-2005, 12:08 PM
Now that I've seen the first wave thoroughly by SW Insider, I have a few ideas for later waves.

Wave 2
Luke Skywalker-(Ep. IV Stormtrooper Gear, Ep. V Bespin Gear, Ep. VI Endor Gear)
Jedi-(Ep. I Qui-Gon Jinn, Ep. II Mace Windu, Ep. III Yoda)
Obi-Wan Kenobi-(Ep. I, Ep. II, Ep. III)

Wave 3
Princess Leia-(Ep. IV Yavin Ceremony, Ep. V Hoth Gear, Ep. VI Boussh Disguise)
Padme Amidala-(Ep. I Purple Travel Gown, Ep. II Senatorial Blue Gown, Ep. III Blue Apartment Gown)
C-3PO-(Ep. I, Ep. II, Ep. VI w/ Ewok Throne)

Battle Droid
05-29-2005, 02:25 PM
I'd like, (all super articulated)

General Grievous:

EU: Kaleeish Warrior/General (Super Articulated, soft goods, and rifle.)
http://www.starwars.com/eu/lit/comics/img/20050214_6_bg.jpg

EU: Post Shuttle Crash Grievous before the suit. (with Bacta Tank.)
http://www.starwars.com/eu/lit/comics/img/20050214_5_bg.jpg

ROTS: General Grievous (Super articulated, and soft goods.)

Viceroy Nute Gunray:

TPM: Nute Gunray (with Neimoidian Walking Chair, soft goods, and a removable hat.)

AOTC: Nute Gunray (with soft goods and a removable hat.)

ROTS: Nute Gunray (with Darth Sidious Hologram, soft goods, and a removable hat.)

Battle Droid:

TPM: Battle Droid: (with interchangle heads and torsos for Security, Pilot, and Commander Battle Droids, a rifle, and mini Nute & Rune holograms.)

AOTC: Super Battle Droid

ROTS: IG-100 MagnaGuard (softs goods, and electrostaff with electro effect.)

The Queen's of Naboo:

TPM: Queen Amidala (soft goods)

AOTC:: Queen Jamillia (soft goods)

ROTS: What's the Queen's name? (soft goods)

beckmen
05-29-2005, 09:41 PM
Apailana I think is the name of the Queen in ROTS...

Good sets. However, Nute Gunray ROTS should have Battle Damage. Perhaps a interchangable chest with a big saber slash across it...

I'd probably only buy the Grievous one. That one really rules. I really dug Grievous' backstory...

MaquisWarrior
05-29-2005, 09:56 PM
C-3PO-(Ep. I, Ep. II, Ep. VI w/ Ewok Throne)

Dude, Ewwww! I don't want to see ANY figure on the throne! I'm not into that!!

WesleySr
05-31-2005, 05:12 AM
Luke Skywalker-(Ep. IV Stormtrooper Gear, Ep. V Bespin Gear, Ep. VI Endor Gear)
Princess Leia-(Ep. IV Yavin Ceremony, Ep. V Hoth Gear, Ep. VI Boussh Disguise)
They could actually do 4 figures with these 2 and include EIII infant versions.

Hellboy
07-13-2005, 07:00 PM
Great news for army builders.

According to RS the Clone Trooper to Sandtrooper Evolution set will have a variation to it. The Ep. 2 Clone will be all white, the Ep. 3 Clone will have grey parts and the Sandtrooper will be really dirty and have a grey pauldron. :D

ROTJLuke
07-13-2005, 07:22 PM
Id like a Luke Skywalker ROTJ set:

Tatooine
Endor
DSII

All SA, and prob. could rehash on to single cards, or vice versa, and have those released first, and then put into that set.

And in response to the news about the Stormtrooper set, I doubt Ill get the first let alone the variant one. I have the Ani to Vader pack comming, and I may just get the Sith b/c of the SA Maul and Emperor.

dindae
07-14-2005, 11:57 AM
If the paint application shown at Comic Con is the same as what we get in the store the Trooper variant this will be the best 3 figures ever. Unfortunately I doubt this will be the case. While I don't really need anymore sandtroopers I don't think I can resist buying multiples of this set.

ROTJLuke
07-15-2005, 12:02 PM
yea I wasnt impressed with the repaint or vairant clone-stormtrooper...

Lord THRILLIO
07-15-2005, 03:33 PM
I don't know if anyone has found the Vader set at retail yet, but I just found some today at of all places, K-Mart. They had at least a dozen of them and a half dozen of the Jedi vs. Sith Battle Packs. I was shocked! Got the Evolution Vader but the Battle Pack looked a little hokie to me. So, check your local K-mart, you never know what you will find. They are set to get the Temple Assault Battle Pack too within the next few weeks according to an employee there. Happy Hunting!

Ji'dai
07-15-2005, 05:26 PM
Yeah, I saw a case of Anakin-Vader Evolution sets at K-Mart Tuesday so they are hitting. I wouldn't be surprised to find more new product there as the holiday shopping season begins. Last year about this time, K-Mart was getting in new OTC product before other local stores.

evenflow
07-15-2005, 06:57 PM
So what are the 2 different clone packs? For some reason i missed the info?

Hellboy
07-15-2005, 07:22 PM
So what are the 2 different clone packs? For some reason i missed the info?

Set 1= Ep 2 Clone Trooper: yellow / Ep 3 Clone Trooper: yellow / Sandtrooper: orange pauldron

Variation:
Set 2= Ep 2 Clone Trooper: white / Ep 3 Clone Trooper: white with grey parts / Sandtrooper: grey pauldron, very dirty

I wouldn't be surprised to see even more variations of the Clone Evolution pack at some point.

evenflow
07-15-2005, 07:29 PM
Set 1= Ep 2 Clone Trooper: yellow / Ep 3 Clone Trooper: yellow / Sandtrooper: orange pauldron

Variation:
Set 2= Ep 2 Clone Trooper: white / Ep 3 Clone Trooper: white with grey parts / Sandtrooper: grey pauldron, very dirty

I wouldn't be surprised to see even more variations of the Clone Evolution pack at some point.

Cool, thanks for the info.

Darth Alex
07-17-2005, 11:55 PM
After buying the Anakin set at a Kmart in NE PA this weekend, here's my idea for some more sets beyond the 4(2 clones...) we're getting:

Set 1: Amidala (Royal garb-Ep1, Geonosis-Ep2, Coruscant(first sighting)-Ep3)
Set 2: Obi-Wan (Ep1-2-3, SA w/cloak, great, basic versions similar to Anakin set)
Set 3: Obi-Wan variant set (Kamino-Mustafar-Hoth spirit)
Set 4: Jedi (all SA w/cloaks Qui-Gon-Naboo, Mace-Geonosis, Yoda-Coruscant w/clear stand)
Set 5: Battle droids (Tan Ep1, Red-Geonosis, Blue markings-Invisible hand) all clean
Set 6: Battle droids shot variants
Set 7: Battle droids sliced variants
Set 8: Battle droids dirty variants, however Ep3 BD would be from Wookie Siege
Set 9: Imperial troops (Stormtrooper(better hip joints),Biker Scout, DS trooper)

That's just a few ideas...be nice to see some of these as SA verisions in the SAGA 2 line to save some green...no excuse at this point, it'll be 2006...

Darth Alex
07-17-2005, 11:58 PM
Id like a Luke Skywalker ROTJ set:

Tatooine
Endor
DSII

All SA, and prob. could rehash on to single cards, or vice versa, and have those released first, and then put into that set.

And in response to the news about the Stormtrooper set, I doubt Ill get the first let alone the variant one. I have the Ani to Vader pack comming, and I may just get the Sith b/c of the SA Maul and Emperor.

I agree-this Luke set would rule.
However, if Hasbro does things right MAYBE we could see these in the SAGA2 line as single cards.
If they are still not gonna do single carded DEFINITIVE version, then bring on the Evolution sets

Add
Hoth Walker attack
Bespin ambush
ANH x-wing pilot

to the list, too....

Fluke Skywalker
07-18-2005, 04:53 AM
Yep, K-Mart seems to have gotten the jump on these babies. I picked my Anakin/Vader set up last night and saw the Sith VS Jedi pack but like Lord THRILLIO, I passed.

Darth Alex
07-18-2005, 10:29 AM
Yep, K-Mart seems to have gotten the jump on these babies. I picked my Anakin/Vader set up last night and saw the Sith VS Jedi pack but like Lord THRILLIO, I passed.

I passed at first, too and if I didn't find one that didn't have Ani w/o frog eyes, well, I'd still be passing.

I just read a interview on GH.com that states CLEARLY that the evolutions concept is only going on THIS YEAR.
How STUPID are the designers at Hasbro.
I just gave them a bleedin' list of options and they STOP IT before it gets ROLLING.

I only hope when the final shots and detailed list of 2006 is out we're happy.
Otherwise, Hasbro's stock(as shown right here) will tumble AGAIN and then we'll have slim pickins for the 30th year, 2007.

Why is it so hard to get it right? I KNOW not every collector is going to want to shell out for "shoulda-done-it-right-the-1st-time" versions of figures in Evolutions sets, but I really do think I have some great figures in the Ani set.
These will sell well, especially the Clone set and the Sith set, so to not continue it into 2006 is just stupid!

ROTJLuke
07-18-2005, 10:30 AM
I agree-this Luke set would rule.
However, if Hasbro does things right MAYBE we could see these in the SAGA2 line as single cards.
If they are still not gonna do single carded DEFINITIVE version, then bring on the Evolution sets

Add
Hoth Walker attack
Bespin ambush
ANH x-wing pilot

to the list, too....

Believe me, I would love to. Im running to Kmart as soon as I finish my Orange pop and get off my lazy a**, I cant wait! I hope I find um, that way, I could have one to open (from this) and one in the package (from ebay). Ya know, about that on eBay, the guy had the balls to say it ships after July 1st, and then tells me it wont ship till after the first of AUGUST!! :mad: :mad: Def. not leaving positive feedback

dindae
07-18-2005, 10:54 AM
I just read a interview on GH.com that states CLEARLY that the evolutions concept is only going on THIS YEAR.
How STUPID are the designers at Hasbro.
I just gave them a bleedin' list of options and they STOP IT before it gets ROLLING.

I only hope when the final shots and detailed list of 2006 is out we're happy.
Otherwise, Hasbro's stock(as shown right here) will tumble AGAIN and then we'll have slim pickins for the 30th year, 2007.

Why is it so hard to get it right? I KNOW not every collector is going to want to shell out for "shoulda-done-it-right-the-1st-time" versions of figures in Evolutions sets, but I really do think I have some great figures in the Ani set.
These will sell well, especially the Clone set and the Sith set, so to not continue it into 2006 is just stupid!

The problem with extending this line is that the concept is to show haw character's evolve. So keeping with that theme I find it would be harder and harder to come up with character that have three distinct and important versions. Anakin was an obvious choice. The sith pack was fine. The trooper pack was good. The first four you suggested were good but the rest I think would be better in a Battlepack.

ROTJLuke
07-19-2005, 05:35 PM
I really feel they should continue with the evolutions. Many characters could be put into these packs. (i.e. Padmae, Obi Wan, Luke, Han, etc.)

DiminutiveJedi
07-22-2005, 08:39 PM
Have we seen enough of the sith evolution to know the following:
Does Maul's lightsaber have removable blades and can it split in two?
Does Maul split in two?
Can you disem-hands-and-head Tyrannus?
Does Tyrannus come with Sith lightning hands as Sidious does?
Does Sidious have a scarred head sculpt or is he "healthy and youthful?"

Sith Lord 0498
07-23-2005, 08:46 PM
Have we seen enough of the sith evolution to know the following:
Does Maul's lightsaber have removable blades and can it split in two?
Does Maul split in two?
Can you disem-hands-and-head Tyrannus?
Does Tyrannus come with Sith lightning hands as Sidious does?
Does Sidious have a scarred head sculpt or is he "healthy and youthful?"

The Sith lightning hands may be interchangable between Sidious and Tyranus.

As for Sidious' appearance, the figure looks very bizarre. You can tell he has the wrinkled, scarred appearance, but his skin tone is "healthy and youthful." It's like he's stuck in limbo between the two forms, which he never was in the film.

Personally, I think I'll pass on this set even though I'd been anticipating it the most. The ROTS Dooku is just fine. I'm not a Maul fan. And Palpatine appears to be a letdown. The Clones...I'm neutral for now but I'll probably pick one up. The Anakin set I already have, and it's a terrific set.

Darth Alex
07-23-2005, 11:31 PM
The Sith lightning hands may be interchangable between Sidious and Tyranus.

As for Sidious' appearance, the figure looks very bizarre. You can tell he has the wrinkled, scarred appearance, but his skin tone is "healthy and youthful." It's like he's stuck in limbo between the two forms, which he never was in the film.

Personally, I think I'll pass on this set even though I'd been anticipating it the most. The ROTS Dooku is just fine. I'm not a Maul fan. And Palpatine appears to be a letdown. The Clones...I'm neutral for now but I'll probably pick one up. The Anakin set I already have, and it's a terrific set.

Healthy and youthful?
This subject same up in my conversation with SL 0498 the other day and I'm with him...Palp's skin tone is bizarre to say the least.
The shots that actionHQ.com have up do this pack some justice and I know already that I will buy one IMMEDIATELY when it comes out.
The questions about the interchangable lightening and the removeable parts on 'ol Dookuranus are good ones.
Hopefully this will show up soon...:confused:

Kidhuman
07-25-2005, 12:15 AM
I gots the Vader/Anakin set today and it is nice. I really like it. Hopefully they will continue this line and make some good figures. ALot of possibilites here Hasbro, dont blow it.

ROTJLuke
07-26-2005, 02:51 PM
I gots the Vader/Anakin set today and it is nice. I really like it. Hopefully they will continue this line and make some good figures. ALot of possibilites here Hasbro, dont blow it.

Agreed, and the sad thing is that these figures are really that good, Id buy an evolutions repack on a single card. They could def. get the best of boths worlds. I would def. buy a rehast Ani Ep. III evolutions figure recarded, as well as that vader with a retooled right hand. :) Hell, Id even buy the ep. II Ani. Its my least fav in the set and I still think its a damn good figure. :) Evolutions should continue, and thats the bottem line. Lets just hope Hasbro agrees, or has the same bottem line as me, w/e my bottem line is...:crazed: :D

Hellboy
07-26-2005, 02:57 PM
A freind picked up the Anakin to Vader Evolution set at K-Mart for me.
Very nice figures and finally we have a decent Anakin. :D

ROTJLuke
07-26-2005, 05:06 PM
A freind picked up the Anakin to Vader Evolution set at K-Mart for me.
Very nice figures and finally we have a decent Anakin. :D

I agree as well. All three figures are supreme, but my favorite and most welcomed figure is the Anakin ep.III figure. I love it! :)

Turbowars
07-27-2005, 07:23 PM
Did you guys see the loose picks of the Clone Trooper Set? Check them out. link below. The 2 Clones helmets are removable. Looks like the Ep2 Clone has a new head sculpt of Jango and the Commander has the same one from the AT-ET Gunner.

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=4727&zoneid=2

Kidhuman
07-27-2005, 11:01 PM
I am all about this set. It looks great.

Slicker
07-28-2005, 03:56 AM
I am all about this set. It looks great.Same here. The Sandtrooper really does it for me. He looks absolutely amazing.

AmanaMatt
07-28-2005, 10:43 AM
Just saw the detailed scans of the Sith set, and this is the reason that more times than not (with some exceptions), I despise soft goods....the look of Palps with the crappy cloak is really, really weak......and maul not having ball jointed elbows is not good, since this was being described as the ultimate Maul.

jaxx
07-28-2005, 12:33 PM
I'd love to get all of the sets... especially the Clone to Stormie! The only thing is that I haven't seen them in ANY of the stores by me. The only store to even have price stickers/tags for the evolutions sets is K-Mart, but they haven't gotten any in... ever! I call the toy department person everytime she tells me that they're unloading a truck, and they still haven't received the evolutions... or battle packs for that matter (I really want the one with the blue troopers). None of the other stores even have shelf tags for the sets. So who knows when they'll get them in. Everybody in the threads keep saying August. I'm just not too sure that I'll see them in the stores. I hope that they'll be as abundant as the Battle Arenas are in the stores. You have no problem finding those around.

Val Da Car
07-28-2005, 02:28 PM
From Kmar to Target to WM they all have the Anakin Evo set.

Prices range from $19.94

bobafrett
07-28-2005, 03:38 PM
Yeah, I picked up one of the Anakin evolution sets at Wal-Mart today, and I wish I would have read this thread first as I feel they are not worth the almost $20 asking price. I bought it anyway.

Tycho
07-29-2005, 11:32 AM
The Sith set is the only one I'm buying of these.

I have kept my Emperor's Wrath Darth Vader on his POTJ card since 2001.

I bought it to make a scene of the Redemption of Anakin Skywalker.

What Emperor will they sculpt who has a cloak hanging down off his body, like someone's carrying him (on his back) over their (lightning electrified) head?

What permanently done in platic figure would sell, protrated thus so?

The Sith Evolutions Emperor Palpatine is the BEST FIGURE POSSIBLE to have Vader hurl.

Unless they single-carded a softgoods or that "one scene wonder" in plastic, this is my best option.

For all those of you knocking softgoods - your plastic equals a pegwarmer of a plastic Emperor sticking his pelvis out - or nothing to do that scene at all.

For all of you carded collectors who don't want to open a Palpatine and make an Emperor's Wrath Vader carry him:

1) You don't care whether I can do that in my collection.
2) See if I give a mynock's backside about whether you like every Palpatine in your collection.

jaxx
07-29-2005, 01:38 PM
Huh???????

jedi master sal
07-29-2005, 01:58 PM
Huh???????
Yeah what he said...

WTH are you talking about Tycho???

Tycho
07-29-2005, 02:09 PM
Re-read what I posted if you want to.

If you can't understand that, then I can't help you.

EDIT: I added pictures for those who might need them. :rolleyes:

Kidhuman
07-29-2005, 04:04 PM
Tycho I read what yopu posted 6 times and all I can say is pass it this way please.

AmanaMatt
07-30-2005, 01:22 AM
Ok, I scored the Evolutions Anakin/Vader set and have just one word: Wow!

All three figs are excellent, both in sculpt and articulation details (finally, a Vader with ball jointed elbows). The articulation really needs to be applauded considering all three figs are really well done - none of the articulation detracts from the sculpts either.

As far as I am concerned, the Vader in this set is the new 'definitive' Vader fig - sure, there are some slight paint issues with it, but all-in-all, fantastic.

This is the ultimate Vader/Anakin set - the $20 price is the best deal Hasbro has done in a long time.

The packaging is quite excellent as well.

Fluke Skywalker
07-30-2005, 07:36 AM
^ I'm on the other side of the fence now. I scored my Ani/Vader Evolutions about two weeks ago and I'm less impressed every time I look at it.

I never liked the Vader that well, and basically bought it for the two Anakins. Upon furthur review neither is all that great, and certainly not worth $11.50 a piece. I'm going to take mine back and spend that money on an addtional Stormtrooper Evolutions set. I'm sure these will be sold individually at some point down the road.

AmanaMatt
07-31-2005, 01:38 AM
not worth $11.50 a piece. I'm going to take mine back and spend that money on an addtional Stormtrooper Evolutions set. I'm sure these will be sold individually at some point down the road.

Ok, where did you buy your set - these are $20 at retail or about $6.75 a fig.

I am not judging your opinion, not at all, but IMO, these are the best Anakin(s) and Vader figs ever. What about them do you not dig? The sculpts?

Just curious.

Fluke Skywalker
07-31-2005, 03:01 AM
Ok, where did you buy your set - these are $20 at retail or about $6.75 a fig.

I am not judging your opinion, not at all, but IMO, these are the best Anakin(s) and Vader figs ever. What about them do you not dig? The sculpts?

Just curious.

I got it at K-Mart, $21.99 + 7.5 % tax = $23.63. I then divided that by two (Since I didn't really want the Vader figure) then I rounded down for some reason. WHEW! My head hurts! ;)

Overall I just grew less impressed with the two figures the more I looked at them. The AOTC Anakin's head sculpt is odd looking IMO and the soft goods on the ROTS Anakin doesn't really work well either.

In the end they're not that bad really, just not quite good enough for the money. I think I'll just try and pick up an extra Stormtrooper set instead. Assuming I can find one :nerv:

spang2005
07-31-2005, 12:39 PM
After seeing the Anakin Evolutions set in person, I think I'll pass. The only figure I find worth it is the ROTS Anakin. I'm satisfied with the 500th Vader as the "difinitive" version, and the AOTC Anakin looks ridiculous. His tunic comes down to his shins! Way too long. Between hander duel and secret ceremony, I don't need another AOTC Anakin. I will, however, definately be buying the stormtrooper version (and the varient, assuming I'll ever find either of them)

Blackened88
07-31-2005, 04:06 PM
Did anyone see the new Variation for Anakin, now he has the scar. I wish I would of waited patiently for the Anakin set so I could get the correct version, oh well.

AmanaMatt
08-01-2005, 12:14 AM
The main reason I dig this Vader over the 500th one as the 'definitve' version is mainly due to the ball jointed elbows, which the 500 and VOTC versions lacked - pretty nice head sculpt of the ROTJ style Anakin.

One thing I will say about the harsh comments (which I do understand from a certain POV) for this set, after getting 200 different Vaders over the years, it is hard to top the prior. Evolutions is pretty close, IMO.

The Stormtrooper Evolutions set is the one I am pumped for the most, however.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-01-2005, 09:44 AM
I also found this on Sat. and immediately decided not to get it. The only one that appealed to me was the Vader and since I had just opened up my ROTS Vader I wasn't in the mood for another rehash. The AOTC Ani looks to femmie to me and the ROTS one didn't appeal so, meh.

The only one from this concept I really want is the trooper set, but seeing all the other posts makes me think that it'll be the HTF one.

ROTJLuke
08-03-2005, 01:13 PM
The Sith set is the only one I'm buying of these.

I have kept my Emperor's Wrath Darth Vader on his POTJ card since 2001.

I bought it to make a scene of the Redemption of Anakin Skywalker.

What Emperor will they sculpt who has a cloak hanging down off his body, like someone's carrying him (on his back) over their (lightning electrified) head?

What permanently done in platic figure would sell, protrated thus so?

The Sith Evolutions Emperor Palpatine is the BEST FIGURE POSSIBLE to have Vader hurl.

Unless they single-carded a softgoods or that "one scene wonder" in plastic, this is my best option.

For all those of you knocking softgoods - your plastic equals a pegwarmer of a plastic Emperor sticking his pelvis out - or nothing to do that scene at all.

For all of you carded collectors who don't want to open a Palpatine and make an Emperor's Wrath Vader carry him:

1) You don't care whether I can do that in my collection.
2) See if I give a mynock's backside about whether you like every Palpatine in your collection.

Why you always attacking us? I dont give a f**k what you do w/ your SW stuff, why would you care what we do with ours? I actually opened all of my ROTS stuff, and I was quite happy. I dont buy every figure either. Why does everyone think that carded collectors have to be strickly that? Im not. W/E, if you posted your pix, Id prob. like they Tycho. You should consider doing that man. I dont wanna cause problems between us, I think your the s**t, just tone it done on us carded collectors, ok? :) and post your pix, Id love to see them!

X13VADER
08-10-2005, 12:16 PM
Is The Stormtrooper/clone Kit Avalible Yet. Same With The Battle Paks What Ones Are Out?

DiminutiveJedi
08-10-2005, 12:30 PM
The Jedi vs. Sith set is out. I don't know about the Evo Troopers or any other battle packs.

ROTJLuke
08-10-2005, 02:12 PM
I cant wait to snag the sith set, that one looks just as good as the Ani to Vader :)

PloKoon2385
08-10-2005, 04:02 PM
I love the Anakin-Vader set and am looking forward to the other two as well. I realllly hope they continue this line as they are amazing. I really hope that the Clonetrooper-Sandtrooper set is not too hard to find as I'd like to get atleast one, if not more. :D

jaxx
08-10-2005, 04:53 PM
You'd think that ths should be distributed at least as well as the Battle Arenas. And at $20, you'd think that the parents aren't gobbling these up. So why aren't there a ton all over the U.S??? I have only seen the Ani-Vader set once, and that was because someone told me that a store by me had a few, and I didn't hesitate to get there. When I got there, only 4 were on the shelves. All of them, sans one (which was a little bit dented), had severely dented boxes/packaging. I really don't understand how they could all be so damaged.

I hear all of these reports, in threads like this, that, "OH... I found like 20 of these at one store... they're all over the place." WHERE!!?? I'm in tremendous fear that I will NEVER find the Clone Evo set. I would love to get two of those so I could open one of them. These sets have been out for a month now(there's a post in this thread of someone getting it before 7/17/05), and they aren't everywhere yet??? Nuts :crazed: ! This sux>>>>>

Kidhuman
08-10-2005, 10:18 PM
The clone and sith sets have not hit retail as of yet.

AmanaMatt
08-10-2005, 10:46 PM
So far, I have seen the Anakin/Vader set twice: once at Target, once at Walmart, so I sure hope the Clone set is not this tough to find.

JawaJoe
08-11-2005, 12:57 AM
So today I went to wal-mart and saw they had nothing new except for 5 or 6 of the anakin evolution set. First time id ever seen it. Grabbed the one in front and compared it with the set behind it. The first set had 3 completely different figures in it. I mean it had 2 anakins and a vader but they were different. For instance the ep3 anakin had a plastic hooded cloak and the vader had green lights instead of red on the chestplate. My first thought was id stumbled across a new variation then i noticed how the tape on the end was totally different from the other sets. The flap on the box covering the accessories was also glued shut so i of course had to pry it open. All the accessories were gone. Yup some dastardly thief had pulled the old switcheroo then returned it. Ive been collecting star wars for the last ten years or so and never encountered this type of behavior until a year or two ago. Very disturbing trend. My point i guess is be careful what you purchase. If there had'nt of been another evolution set to compare this fake to i probably would have bought it. It was that good.

ROTJLuke
08-11-2005, 10:03 AM
I hate when people do that...f**king b**tards....really, get a life, you have to steal your toys, you cant buy them? Pathetic

jaxx
08-11-2005, 12:22 PM
That happened to me a couple of months ago with the deluxe Vader on the operating table. I finally found it at a TRU, so I was thrilled because I was looking for it for quite some time. I checked out the packaging and EVERYTHING seemed kosher. When I got home, I kinda bumped into the door as I was walking through it :eek: , and immediately took the figure out to make sure that I didn't damage it. I guess that the hit loosened up the "glue job" that the previous owner did to it :mad: . The previous owner used an exacto knife to cut around the bubble packaging, and then superglued the seem back. It was a really good job, but I'm still surprised that I didn't notice it (as picky as I am). I figured that the store wouldn't take it back because they probably wouldn't buy what I was saying about the opened product. They'd probably think that I did it. SO I decided to keep it and open it. :mad: :mad: :mad: The operating table was broken, the lightsaber was broken in two, and mended together, the back of Vader's helmet was all cut up by something... basically it looked lie someone let their kid destroy the fig, they mended the fig and the package, and returned it.... I was the chump that bought it. I'm very sore about it. I'd love to find people that do that and ring their skinny little necks.

sorry for the tangent.... :nerv:

Blackened88
08-11-2005, 07:55 PM
Email hasbro and ask for a new one.

Darth Alex
08-11-2005, 10:22 PM
The clone and sith sets have not hit retail as of yet.

But you know what stinks? Action HQ has them for well over double the cost. When they're in stock.
They had them-Anakin, $30, the other 2 $33-35, sold out, and then jacked the Sith and the 1st clone set up to $49.99. I didn't bother checking out the Anakin stock after I saw that.

I don't buy the line that retail gives people about the Christmas resets.
I just checked over at Amazon and now the Anakin and the Clone set(no mention of the Sith set) are NOW listed as a 9/1/05 release date! I was set to order a Clone set after midnight(when I get paid) and these have been listed for weeks now as being released on 8/15 AFTER a previous release bump, but now they're moved again.

Foul, man, just foul.

No excuses, these should be at retail NOW. Period, end of subject.
There should be a case of 8- 2 Anakins, 2 Sith, and 4 Clones.
And then a revison case with the same ratio, just the clean clones for wave 2.

This hobby is horrible to the people that support it and I'm tired of blaming Hasbro or even retail.
Between these sets, the Black Clone Pilot, Ani Sith eyes, and the 1st Battlepack, I don't have much fun hunting for stuff or being let down by online "coming soon" promises or the overcharging of some online retailers.
I have more important things to ponder then why I can't find something, I just know that at this point retail is JUST as bad as the online situation, which is just as bad as ever after a film.
:dis:

ROTJLuke
08-12-2005, 11:41 AM
yea, the online realitors jack the prices up before it hits retail. It sucks

kool-aid killer
08-18-2005, 10:42 AM
I just got the Clone Evolution set today, msjedi was kind enough to hold onto it for me until i arrived. I like the more realistic armor scarring they have, it makes the marks on the ROTS SA clone look silly. This is a set where all three figures look fantastic. Well done Hasbro!

Kidhuman
08-18-2005, 04:48 PM
Yes KAK, it is a sweet set. I gots one today too. I love the "battle damage" on the clones. Well done Hasbro. Well done.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-18-2005, 05:01 PM
I just got the Clone Evolution set today, msjedi was kind enough to hold onto it for me until i arrived. I like the more realistic armor scarring they have, it makes the marks on the ROTS SA clone look silly. This is a set where all three figures look fantastic. Well done Hasbro!

Which store, KAK?

Battle Droid
08-18-2005, 08:51 PM
More Evolutions Sets Planned!

From, http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_sku=SWHBEP3EAH&rid=SWCMTP00001

Two sets in the hotly anticipated Evolutions series from Hasbro are now available in a bundled pair!

The Clone Trooper to Stormtrooper Evolutions Pack, which features the armor-clad band of brothers from Episodes II through IV, includes a Clone Trooper Commander (II), Star Corps Trooper (III), and Stormtrooper (IV). Set also includes multiple accessories: clone pilot helmet, stormtrooper backpack, three blaster rifles, and two pistols.

The Sith Evolutions Pack includes the three Sith Lords featured in the prequel saga: Darth Maul (I), Count Dooku (II), and Emperor Palpatine (III). Accessories in this set include Darth Maul's electrobinoculars, double lightsaber, Sith probe droid, and cloak; Dooku's lightsaber and cape; and Palpatine's cane and detachable Force-lightning hands. Whew -- that's a whole lot of villainous accessories lavished on these agents of the Empire!

With more Evolutions series planned, start your collection today with this great bundled pair available now!

DarthQuack
08-18-2005, 09:07 PM
Thanks BD, still a little pricey for me....I'm concentrating on the 56 first...

Turbowars
08-18-2005, 09:17 PM
I read that bold print and was all excited about the sets continuing. And then I read on.....:whip:

Battle Droid
08-18-2005, 09:26 PM
Read on to what?

Turbowars
08-18-2005, 09:33 PM
that your post was just the Clones and Sith packs. I was getting at that the set aren't really continuing like you posted. If anyone around here didn't know about these 2 sets you must have had your head in sand for the past year.

Battle Droid
08-18-2005, 09:34 PM
Uh, read the bold part at the end.

Turbowars
08-18-2005, 09:37 PM
I saw that to, I was just sayn....:squareeye

AmanaMatt
08-18-2005, 10:08 PM
I kinda don't trust Hasbro to give out accurate information anymore, that, and sometimes the fact that things change....the site sure indicates more sets are coming, but hey, its a sales pitch. Who knows for 100 percent?

Why Hasbro would cancel a line before the first even hit is beyond me....they sure have one strange sales plan for themselves somethimes.

Also, $54 for two Evolutions sets that would be $40 normally is not a deal!

Turbowars, what's with the signature?

kool-aid killer
08-18-2005, 11:38 PM
Which store, KAK?

Msjedi found it for me at a Walmart. I do believe it was the only one among a bunch of Anakin Evolutions, but youd have to ask him to confirm that. By the way, does anybody know how they are shipping? Are they packed in with Anakin or come in their own case?

JawaJoe
08-19-2005, 02:57 AM
Anybody else notice in that link they have the deluxe clone 3 pack and show a pic with all 3 colors in the same pack? Does it really exist??

Slicker
08-19-2005, 08:55 AM
Anybody else notice in that link they have the deluxe clone 3 pack and show a pic with all 3 colors in the same pack? Does it really exist??Which link do you speak of?

Battle Droid
08-19-2005, 09:05 AM
I think he means this one,

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_sku=SWHBEP3EAH&rid=SWCMTP00001

Slicker
08-19-2005, 09:07 AM
Ah, I didn't scroll all the way down. Thanks BD now I can go own everyone in the 3 pack variation thread that said it didn't exist.:whip:

dindae
08-19-2005, 10:38 AM
I hope you get want you are after Slicker but I still have my doubts about what you will recieve ordering this. Remember this is the same site that posted the picture of the old POTF2 Wedge when they started taking orders for that. :stupid:

Slicker
08-19-2005, 10:41 AM
I haven't ordered it because I honestly don't think it was released. I'm just happy to finally have a picture to back up all of the talk I gave in the variation thread.:pleased:

Mandalorian Candidat
08-19-2005, 05:07 PM
Msjedi found it for me at a Walmart. I do believe it was the only one among a bunch of Anakin Evolutions, but youd have to ask him to confirm that. By the way, does anybody know how they are shipping? Are they packed in with Anakin or come in their own case?

Crud. I've seen the case breakdown but don't remember it exactly. It was either on jedidefender or rebelscum. I believe they are shipping eight in a case and 4 with 4 sith.

jimmymiro12
08-19-2005, 06:03 PM
I have seen all three on ebay so I hope I can get them in the store,

jimmymiro12

Kidhuman
08-19-2005, 11:58 PM
Crud. I've seen the case breakdown but don't remember it exactly. It was either on jedidefender or rebelscum. I believe they are shipping eight in a case and 4 with 4 sith.

Actually, the case breakdown is as follows right now:

4 to a case

2 Anakins
1 Clone
1 Sith

Mandalorian Candidat
08-20-2005, 11:31 AM
Actually, the case breakdown is as follows right now:

4 to a case

2 Anakins
1 Clone
1 Sith

I haven't heard of a breakdown like that. The closest WM to me just got a case of 4 Ani and 4 clones, according to an employee who told me he put one out earlier this week. Of course when I got to the store only the 4 Anis were left.

Kidhuman
08-20-2005, 04:58 PM
The case breakdown came from the dude who packed them out, so I am only passing along what I know of.

DarthQuack
08-20-2005, 05:24 PM
So far I have only seen the Anakin Evolutions set and I passed on it for now.

Turbowars
08-20-2005, 05:55 PM
I believe there are only 4 sets in a case.

AmanaMatt
08-20-2005, 07:54 PM
I hit a bunch of stores and saw tons of Vader Evolutions sets (buy it as its a great set!) but no sign of the clones or sith ones.

Kidhuman
08-20-2005, 08:56 PM
I haven't heard of a breakdown like that. The closest WM to me just got a case of 4 Ani and 4 clones, according to an employee who told me he put one out earlier this week. Of course when I got to the store only the 4 Anis were left.

Check the case asst's....

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=27998

bobafrett
08-21-2005, 05:08 PM
I found a case in the backroom which had 2 Anikin/Vader and 2 Clone/Stormtrooper. I have yet to see the Sith, though I am having a hard time understanding the Sith "evolution". I meanb you have Anikin who evolves into Vader, the Clones who evolve into Stormtroopers, but the sith are just a few sith, and they don't evolve into anything, they are just really bad mean people.

DarthQuack
08-21-2005, 05:10 PM
They are bad and mean.....from a certain point of view.:lipsrseal

Turbowars
08-21-2005, 05:17 PM
I just opened the Anikin evolution set and I'm very happy with this set. Well worth the $. The only thing I had to do was shorten Vaders rope around his neck. It was just too long. His helmet sure does pop off easy, but I can deal with that. AOTC Annie is the best yet, hell all 3 are the best version of these characters to date.

jedibear
08-22-2005, 12:02 AM
I just opened the Anikin evolution set and I'm very happy with this set. Well worth the $. The only thing I had to do was shorten Vaders rope around his neck. It was just too long. His helmet sure does pop off easy, but I can deal with that. AOTC Annie is the best yet, hell all 3 are the best version of these characters to date.

I agree...these are very well-done figures. It is odd about the Vader. The tacky silver thread, the helmet that doesn't stay on very well...and the cloth which is kinda too all-over-the-place...he's the weakest of the three.

But the AOTC Anakin...wow! Looks great! And it's nice at the end of the line here to get a ROTS Anakin that has a great head-sculpt instead of the subpar ones that were featured in the ROTS collection. I like all the accessories and interchangable hands too. Good job here...

I only wish Hasbro would continue this them and give some othe core characters this deluxe treatment...

kool-aid killer
08-22-2005, 10:23 AM
Ive passed on this set several times now, but i too agree that the AOTC Anakin is far and away the best version of him we have gotten. If i do end up picking this Evolution set up, he will be the primary reason why.

I think Hasbro could do a lot with this Evolution line.

Sidiously Darth
08-22-2005, 12:08 PM
I think all 3 of these sets are awesome. I've had the Anakin set for a few weeks but just picked up the Clone and Sith sets yesterday. WOW! :thumbsup: I was really impressed with getting 2 clones with removable helmets and 2 slightly different head sculps.

My only disappointment is with the Ep.2 Anakin head sculp. I liked the Ep. 3 but the Ep. 2 isn't even the same person. The chins are completely different. Unless Ani had plastic surgery, the chins should look alike.

Anyway, these are 3 great sets and I was thrilled to pick them up. Plus, I didn't jump the gun and order these form Shop Star Wars. $54 for 2 $20 sets is a little steep for an online service getting product straight from the horse's mouth.

General_Grievous
08-24-2005, 07:44 PM
Any word from Hasbro if they plan to do more? I'm not the only one waiting for great sculpts of TPM and AOTC Obi-Wan and some more Padme costumes. Maybe even VOTC style Qui-Gon, Mace and Prequel Yoda in a Jedi set.

mikey1974
08-24-2005, 08:38 PM
tons of the ani set all around here,but haven't seen the clones or sith yet....

jimmymiro12
08-24-2005, 09:00 PM
Got the cloen set over ebay. Can't wait until I get the other two.

jimmymiro12

El Chuxter
09-01-2005, 02:07 PM
I've got all three, but have only opened the Clonetrooper set. The Sandtrooper is a bit disappointing, as there's no real way to have him holding his rifle that looks good. :(

But the other two, man! These rock!! I think the Bodie Taylor likeness is one of Hasbro's best yet.

A recipe for two customs so easy they probably shouldn't be called customs: switch the helmets for the ROTS and AOTC clones. The colors aren't exact, but they're close enough to pass unless closely scrutinized. You get a cool ROTS Clonetrooper with yellow markings and a yellow ARC Trooper. True, you never see a yellow ARC anywhere, and he doesn't have that scope dealio, but these guys customized their armor extensively, so it could happen. :p

Slicker
09-01-2005, 05:45 PM
I just got the Clonetrooper Evo set yesterday (courtesy of BIG MAC) and I'm really happy with it. Actually, it's friggin' amazing. I'd definitely like to get another one to open if I can find one.

Luuuuuuke
09-01-2005, 09:50 PM
I'm still waiting on Amazon for the Clone Evo set. Hopefully they don't cancel it. they're still selling it as a pre-order, but they no longer say it's due to be released Sept. 1. Then again, if i look at my order, it says it's due to ship Aug. 20. Go figure.

jimmymiro12
09-03-2005, 12:01 AM
Just got back from nyc and I was at the Times Quare tru and they have one clone evolution left. If you go and ask someone working in action figures they will prob. bring one out if it's still there.

abell748
09-03-2005, 08:45 AM
I have opened one of my Anakin sets and it is friggin' amazing!!! I have a Clone set and 2 Sith sets on the way from WM's website. I can't wait to see how well they did the Maul and Dooku. The Palpatine with the robe like that just doesn't seem right, he looks like he needs to see his mother and have her re-sew his robes (or lose weight and buy a smaller robe). If I really like the Sith set also then I will have to open a Clone pack up.

DarkArtist
09-03-2005, 09:40 AM
Still on the hunt for the Sith Ev Pack. I love the Clone Trooper Set, definatly want another to customize. The Anakin Set was awesome loved the ROTS version, still a little bummed that Vader's hand is non removable.

The only down side to the Clone set is the fact that the Sandtrooper's waist is not articulated, which to me makes no sense since they had a perfectly good sculpt of a stormtrooper in the VOTC line. I don't know why they made a new sculpt and left the waist non articulated. i hope te sandtrooper for the Saga 2 launch is an improvment over this one.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-03-2005, 01:06 PM
Still on the hunt for the Sith Ev Pack. I love the Clone Trooper Set, definatly want another to customize. The Anakin Set was awesome loved the ROTS version, still a little bummed that Vader's hand is non removable.

The only down side to the Clone set is the fact that the Sandtrooper's waist is not articulated, which to me makes no sense since they had a perfectly good sculpt of a stormtrooper in the VOTC line. I don't know why they made a new sculpt and left the waist non articulated. i hope te sandtrooper for the Saga 2 launch is an improvment over this one.
Well, it won't be, as it's a repack of the figure from the 2001 POTJ line.

I still haven't found the clone or Sith packs, and don't expect to for quite some time.

DarthQuack
09-03-2005, 05:55 PM
Only one I've seen is still Anakin, nothing else....

trandoshan666
09-03-2005, 11:36 PM
Found the Sith set Friday night, and I like it especially the Palpatine figure, for whatever reason. Still searching for those elusive clones.:ninja:

bobafrett
09-04-2005, 08:27 PM
Found the Sith set Friday night, and I like it especially the Palpatine figure, for whatever reason. Still searching for those elusive clones.:ninja:

I found only one to date, I'm sure there will be more in due time, these are hot sellers! Of course we are talking about Hasbro, the company that has supposedly cancelled the Unleashed line. :(

mikey1974
09-05-2005, 01:44 PM
still no sign of evolutions.....the anakin set has been sold out for a week now,and nothing has been restocked,no ani,no clones,no sith....nothing.....getting frustrated.....

Luuuuuuke
09-05-2005, 03:48 PM
Does anyone know what the best online way of getting an actual reply from Amazon is? I ordered a couple of clone evo packs and as is typical of them, they keep changing their release dates or not updating info, etc, etc. But as is also typical, I'll email them, get a response that says I emailed an email that can't respond. Then I'll luck out--I don't know how--and get a reply email, but when I try that email again, no such luck. I get the automated response.
And forget about following their instructions and clicking "Contact Us." It's totally deceptive as far as I can tell. They basically just steer you back to my "Your Account" section, which gives me the same outdated information. Anyway, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Kidhuman
09-05-2005, 11:49 PM
Try looking for a customer service number on the site and call them. I found it one time.

Hellboy
09-06-2005, 04:21 PM
Pretty good deal on the 3 Evolution sets here for those that still haven't found them. http://www.dnstoys.com/

Luuuuuuke
09-07-2005, 09:51 PM
That is a pretty good deal. I'm tempted to order one from them because of those Amazon laggards. But I emailed Amazon, so hopefully those biatches get back to me soon because I don't want to be impatient.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-10-2005, 11:32 AM
I got the Clone set at WM yesterday. They had the Sith too but I didn't have the funds.

This set, though, is *****in'! Even without the waist articulation on the AOTC or ANH troopers, it still rules. These new guns should be used as accessories for all new clones from now on, as they rock!

Luuuuuuke
09-13-2005, 08:55 PM
Great news for me today--my Amazon order of three clone evolution sets is delayed!!! "You're an idiot," you say, "how could this be great news?" It's great news because Amazon NEVER let's me know what the hell is going on with my orders, so this is quite a break with tradition. According to the email I got, I should get the items Sept. 22. Jupiter and Neptune must be aligned just right for Amazon to actually inform me about my order. I checked the sole of my shoes, and I didn't step on a Leprechaun or a four-leaf clover, so it must be some marvelous astrological glitch at play.
Of course now I half-expect another email informing me that the item is no longer available and that I can go screw myself. But hey, that's communication too!

Val Da Car
09-13-2005, 09:05 PM
Hey,

I just got the same email.....I figure at this rate I should go stand out in the rainstorm with my sledgehammer and yell "By the Power of GraySkull" and hope I get struck my lightning (DON't Do this KIDS) and become THOR happening before I get my amazon order....Placed on May 30th.....C/MON AMAZON.

I got your business model RIGHT here!

Luuuuuuke
09-15-2005, 12:57 AM
Amazon... you're a bunch of retards:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000794064/qid=1126764348/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/103-4466620-6526230

So why the #%@% send me an email telling me this is going to be delivered Sept. 22??? What is wrong with this idiot company? Nothing they say is credible.

Slicker
09-15-2005, 02:09 AM
Has anyone seen a correct version of the Clone Trooper Evo set? The only ones I have seen have had the "Rebublic" spelling error. It says "Fall of the Rebublic" under the ROTS clone. Just curious.

Val Da Car
09-15-2005, 09:09 AM
Amazon... you're a bunch of retards:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000794064/qid=1126764348/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/103-4466620-6526230

So why the #%@% send me an email telling me this is going to be delivered Sept. 22??? What is wrong with this idiot company? Nothing they say is credible.

Maybe since our order have been with them for so long that we MIGHT be allocated the Evo sets before they are available to the public.

Yeah Right

bobafrett
09-15-2005, 10:49 PM
Has anyone seen a correct version of the Clone Trooper Evo set? The only ones I have seen have had the "Rebublic" spelling error. It says "Fall of the Rebublic" under the ROTS clone. Just curious.

No Slick, I just checked both of mine, and they both have the "Rebublic" spelling error. Nice proof reading Hasbro!

Luuuuuuke
09-15-2005, 11:16 PM
No Slick, I just checked both of mine, and they both have the "Rebublic" spelling error. Nice proof reading Hasbro!

Maybe the guy who did the printing had a cold. Or should I say: "Vayvee the guy u did the printing ad a cold." :cross-eye

ace2005
09-16-2005, 04:43 AM
Houston, Texas here...

for those looking for the trooper evolution, they are showing up at local Wal-marts 4 per case, which is the whole case, this should make it easier to get around here, but I suspect other Wal-marts in other states will get the same assortment.

Good Luck,

:bandit:

Sean the Hutt
09-16-2005, 01:57 PM
to the jerk in Escondido that replaced a red clone comander for the yellow one, then returned it to target....go to hell you scum. I hate people like you. I have a lot to say, but I will not waste any more time on it. You know who you are. If I see you doing something lame like that I will crush you like a worm

mikey1974
09-16-2005, 02:52 PM
found 3 of the clone evolutions at hazleton,pa. wal-mart today....grabbed one,left the rest.....all were yellow version,and all had the "REBUBLIC" spelling on the boxes....

ace2005
09-16-2005, 04:01 PM
Houston, Texas here...

even with the Wal-marts getting the cases with 4 troopers I still have not seen any of the gray variations...starting to wonder???:upset:

All of the big local stores in our area such as TRU, Target, and Wal-mart have received at least a couple evolution shipments.

Good Luck,

Mandalorian Candidat
09-16-2005, 09:34 PM
YES!!! :D I found a Clone set yesterday and was all over it like white on rice. Man what a biatchin' set. Nice job to Hasbro on this one...well except for the typo which will now show up in the descriptions of all the ebay scalper auctions.

piratefett
09-17-2005, 10:23 AM
got mine in target yesterday in bound brook, nj. only one the because the box was slightly crushed. :( no matter. still an awesome set :thumbsup: box does say REBUBLIC lol REMOVABLE HELMETS AND ACCESSORIES RULE!!!

DarkArtist
09-17-2005, 01:26 PM
Wasn't sure where to put this but I was thinking of another Evolution Set that could be made

Original Trilogy Soliders of the Empire:yes: :yes:

Battle of the Death Star (VOTC Stormtrooper)
Battle of Hoth (VOTC SnowTrooper)
Battle of Endor (VOTC Imperial Scout Trooper)

Now while there is no VOTC snowtrooper or scout trooper this could be a really cool set. The snowtrooper accessories could include the heavy e-web blaster, the Imperial scout could come with the blaster pistol and laser sniper rifle (ala Battlefront) and the stormtrooper could come witht the rifle rack, rifle and blaster rifle.

Of couse it goes with saying that the figures would all be super articulated and have removable helmets, and the snow trooper could be a clone version since Bacara's clones looked like the snowtroopers. the snowtrooper could also have a soft goods skirt.:yes: