PDA

View Full Version : K-Mart Blunder

Darth Takeo
03-26-2005, 07:26 PM
Greetings. I'm new to the board! Just thought I'd share this story with everyone from today.

I was at Kmart attempting to purchase the Unleashed Mace Windu and Count Dooku, which have been out a while now. Turns out they ring up "Before Sell Date" and the manager quickly gathers them up saying 'I'm not paying any fines..'. He wasn't very professional but I understood where he was coming from. Still, they must have screwed up when putting their system together cuz I am positive they weren't of the Episode III variety.

Sith Lord 0498
03-26-2005, 07:32 PM
K-Mart doesn't know what's going on. They locked out Dooku and Mace Unleashed, which have been out for months (years if you count the old packaging), but they didn't lock out the Grievous' Wheel Bike I bought without incident three days ago.

I'm just waiting for April 2 to arrive, and they'll still ring up "Before sell date."

garbognar
03-26-2005, 09:13 PM
About a week after picking up the Ep 3 unleashed, lightsabers, and deluxe at K-Mart, they pulled EVERYTHING Star Wars from the shelves. They had the Aayla unleashed wave and a bunch of discounted OTC stuff that the toy dept. manager told me were put back "just to be safe". I didn't ask, but I wonder if they got in trouble for all the stuff I had bought.

Darth Takeo
03-26-2005, 09:47 PM
The manager was swift... He was definitely concerned about being fined. I'd bet there was more than a fine on the line as far as his position was concerned... More like the corporate offices going Tarkin and telling the regional directors 'You may fire when ready' if they sold anything...

ndjedi
03-26-2005, 09:53 PM
About a week after picking up the Ep 3 unleashed, lightsabers, and deluxe at K-Mart, they pulled EVERYTHING Star Wars from the shelves. They had the Aayla unleashed wave and a bunch of discounted OTC stuff that the toy dept. manager told me were put back "just to be safe". I didn't ask, but I wonder if they got in trouble for all the stuff I had bought.

WHO CARES OR GIVES A RATS *** IF THEY GET FINED? I am sure you are not the only one who bought ROTS toys from that K-Mart early also, don't worry about it. If something was put out early & its on the shelves, then its your right to purchase them no matter what!

Darth Takeo
03-26-2005, 10:29 PM
WHO CARES OR GIVES A RATS *** IF THEY GET FINED? I am sure you are not the only one who bought ROTS toys from that K-Mart early also, don't worry about it. If something was put out early & its on the shelves, then its your right to purchase them no matter what!
That's what I thought. If they put something out then they don't sell it? What kind of business is that? What happened to customer satisfaction?

bobafrett
03-26-2005, 11:55 PM
That's what I thought. If they put something out then they don't sell it? What kind of business is that? What happened to customer satisfaction?

I said something to that effect at a WM store in my area, and the girl went and got the price, than rang me up for 2 lego sets that weren't supposed to be sold. :eek:

I try to avoid K-Mart. I liked it when we had the Super K-Marts around, because at least they were newer, and looked better stocked. But, all three in my area closed.

garbognar
03-27-2005, 12:18 AM

I actually do feel slightly bad because I WAS the only person to buy the Ep. 3 stuff they put out(there's not a ton of hardcore Star Wars collectors in this corner of Wyoming).
Also, the toy manager has always been really helpful and extremely nice. She even ignored the "do not sell" warnings on the deluxe figures. I really do not care about the k-mart, but I would hate for her to get in trouble over it.
That, and she's pretty hot.:D

Bossk77
03-27-2005, 01:42 AM
The manager was swift... He was definitely concerned about being fined. I'd bet there was more than a fine on the line as far as his position was concerned... More like the corporate offices going Tarkin and telling the regional directors 'You may fire when ready' if they sold anything...
The funny thing is that it is happening and nobody cares except for those with their jobs on the line. Truth be told i would not brave my local K-mart any time of the year without a case of lysol and a bio suit, so more power to who ever wants to go there. But i did see the Vader voice changer in new Ep3 packaging for sale at Target and nobody cared about that one being on the shelf.... other than everthing else SW has been pulled off the shelves for the last 2 weeks. lol

Kidhuman
03-27-2005, 02:18 AM
I have bought two things from K-Mart so far. A lego set and a Grievous Unleashed. I could have bought more that day I got the Unleashed but I wasnt paying an arm and a leg for em when in 2 weeks I can get em cheaper at WM. I then called and reported the Kmart for selling me stuff.....