PDA

View Full Version : How about Unleashed Beasts? Huge potental!!!

Bossk77
03-27-2005, 12:50 AM
Scale issues asside,(accomidate with smaller chars in the base) Or scale the beasts up a bit from the regular line. I think that it would rock to have a Unleashed Wampa, Rancor or even Kyratt Dragon. They could make a series of three from Ep2 Acklay, Reek, and Nextu with interlocking bases. What do you guys think?

Kidhuman
03-27-2005, 01:32 AM
Unlashed Beasts would be nice. A Nexu, Wampa, and even the Acklay would be cool. The Dragon would be a little hard because of its size. They might have to charge more for these because they would be bigger, which is a reason they might not do them.

Rocketboy
03-27-2005, 11:12 AM
They could be cool, but they's have to be scaled down.
Imagine an Unleashed Rancor relative to the others! The price would be insane! lol
Wampa would be sweet. Maybe a Dewback with a Sandtrooper in it.

And we do have one Unleashed creature...well sort of. Boba Fett has part of the Sarlaac.

bobafrett
03-27-2005, 02:04 PM
Maybe a Dewback with a Sandtrooper in it.

So the Dewbacks eat the Sandtroopers then? ;)

Slicker
03-27-2005, 02:44 PM
This is actually quite a good idea. I'd love to see the Rancor or the Wampa Unleashed. Hasbro should try to dabble in this area.

Rocketboy
03-27-2005, 10:37 PM
So the Dewbacks eat the Sandtroopers then? ;)Of course! Didn't you ever wonder why Dewbacks moved so slow?
You try "passing" a Stormtrooper... OUCH!
:D

Bossk77
03-27-2005, 11:00 PM
Now that i think about it.... this could lead to a huge Sarlac Unleashed with skifs and multiple characters so you can customize the scene any way you like. Or even a chase with a partially digested Boba Fett climbing out of the base. The cost would be like $50 bucks or more, but my god man..... think of the coolness. Follow up with Hoth battle or Endor battle of the back door! sorry that sounds really bad.

El Chuxter
03-28-2005, 10:29 AM
An Unleashed Krayyt Dragon might be cool. However, judging from the size charts in The Wildlife of Star Wars, an Unleashed Dune (Dwarf) Krayyt would be the size of an SUV if it were in scale, and an Unleashed Greater Krayyt would dwarf a 747 jet! :eek:

mabudonicus
03-28-2005, 01:53 PM
It would actually make pretty darn good sense to make a regular-sized 3 3/4" sarlacc, heck even I would be tempted, and it wouldn't end up all that big.... I always sort of figured that the SW beasts already are "unleashed" in a certain sort of way, I mean, what could you really do with the Rancor, make it look like it's standing in a rainstorm or some crap like that???

I think a better idea would be a series of "diorama" type things, tiny 3-d scenes with really sweet movie accurate sculpts... there are lots of "mini dioramas" of japanese properties (like Gojira and Ultraman) that are REALLY cool and quite compact, we already have enough unwieldy and/or "extreme" items in the SW toy universe (like IG-88 "unleashed", worst excuse for a product since misslie attack R5, it's like a sick joke taken wayy too far)

Hellboy
03-28-2005, 02:44 PM
.... I always sort of figured that the SW beasts already are "unleashed" in a certain sort of way, I mean, what could you really do with the Rancor, make it look like it's standing in a rainstorm or some crap like that???

Thats basically the way I feel too. You really couldn't do much more with these creatures except make them bigger and I think I'd rather have more of the actual SW characters produced first. Now if you wanted to maybe do something along the lines of say a Hoth Luke Unleashed and the Wampa was part of that I'd be interested but as a stand alone figure I only find it mildly appealing.

Bossk77
03-28-2005, 07:58 PM
It is hard to say, by putting the beasts in action and mold it that way it is better than just buying the regular toy and having it stand there and do nothing due to weight and balance issues. The look isnt as natural either.

Kyle Katarn
03-29-2005, 02:23 PM
I like the idea, hust imagine a roaring Wampa or an attacking Rancor, it would look really nice. I wa salso thinking in Unleashed Vehicles...just imagine a Millenium Falcon with a part of asteroid crashing with it and lasers al around it.