PDA

View Full Version : what happened with kit fristo? GNT?

derek
01-06-2002, 12:15 PM
earlier this week, kit fristo had a post about the film character kit fisto and his green lightsaber "glade". i know he meant "blade", but hit the "g" key instead.

now that post is gone, and i see a post in the episode 2 spoiler section where kit is giving sir steve the business and telling us off and leaving. did i miss something? fill me in GNT.

i go outta town for a few days and everyones having delusions of granduer. wait that's han's line.:)

SirSteve
01-06-2002, 12:33 PM
He was banned and most of his posts were removed.

derek
01-06-2002, 12:41 PM
well, how did my green glade bit go over? i thought it was pretty clever. air freshners licesned by lucasfilm:) hopefully that didn't set him off.

mylow thehutt
01-06-2002, 02:59 PM
:( What did he get banned for?

derek
01-06-2002, 03:02 PM
kung fu fighting

mylow thehutt
01-06-2002, 03:10 PM
:rolleyes: Ooooook;)

GNT
01-06-2002, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by derek
now that post is gone, and i see a post in the episode 2 spoiler section where kit is giving sir steve the business and telling us off and leaving. did i miss something? fill me in GNT.

Thats the first I've heard about it?(I haven't reached the EP2 Spoiler section yet)Poor Kit

Rollo Tomassi
01-07-2002, 08:37 AM
Whoof. First Utinni, and now kit. SSG is a minefield of intolerance. Be careful where you step, forumites! Or be prepared to feel the wrath of the moderators!

SirSteve
01-07-2002, 08:40 AM
Believe me... it's not something we like doing but when there are continious problems, we have to take action.

Jek Porky 2002
01-07-2002, 02:57 PM
He was just an idiot, I never liked him anyway!
Don't worry, I still love you Sir Steve! (In a hetrasexual way, of course)

Jargo
01-07-2002, 03:15 PM
What a curious thing to say. hmmmm...........

There's a confessional box here at SSG towers that we moderators use after we've been deleting or banning. There's this little old priest inside who looks like Mickey Rooney and smells of booze (but it could be cheap cologne...). We confess our sins to him and recieve absolution and penance. Three hundred hail Mary's and a large fudge sundae.....

Then it's crack open a bud, sit back and watch the members post. sometimes we run a sweepstake on who gets to bite it next. That's kinda fun, like Bavarian poker only with live deletion buttons instead of cabbages.

You don't like the moderators Rollo? Would you care to elaborate? And while we talk just move a little closer to that exit door..... :evil:

*I am only joking if anyone wondered or took me seriously. :) *

Jek Porky 2002
01-07-2002, 03:19 PM
Rollo, there has to be some level of tollerance, or anybody could be posting anything.
You're doing a great job, Moderators, keep it up!

GNT
01-08-2002, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
*I am only joking if anyone wondered or took me seriously. :) *

Phew *wipes sweat from forehead* You had me scared for a second ;)

Starfig873
01-08-2002, 11:44 AM
Scared. Bah! Bah I say! Tis Freaky! That's all. :)

Rollo Tomassi
01-08-2002, 05:33 PM
I am all for punishing someone who gets out of line with a suspension of a few days, weeks...whatever. Banishment if it continues. But doing a blanket erasure of all that person's posts after they are gone is a little creepy and facist if you ask me. Maybe they had good points, maybe they had stupid points, but they thought they had a point. If what we think is policed by a few people, that's fine, too. But if that's going to be the case, don't call them forums, call them propaganda boards where we all agree with each other and dissenting or stupid opinions are not to be tolerated. that's all I'm saying. Removing ALL his posts reminds me of facism. I think that's creepy is all. but hes' gone and who cares, I didn't really like the foul mouthed jerk and won't defend him too hard....umm..err....

Who likes cheese?:happy: :happy:

JediTricks
01-09-2002, 12:10 AM
I believe Kit Fristo's posts that were removed were of the "offensive language" variety, I can still find around a hundred of his posts on the system (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=4027). Honestly, I don't think you should get to abuse the forums and then expect that abuse to be left on the system, that doesn't seem right to me. And while this may come as a surprise to you, it's not fun for us mods to go in and weed out someone's bad posts - if a poster does a bunch of stuff that gets him banned, why should WE work hard to get rid of it when a mass purge is cleaner and more efficient? Why should someone who abuses the forums get the right to have their voice continue to be heard? We haven't implemented such a policy here, but I can only think of 3 bannings off this site (not counting the second user name accounts and other routine business like that) and I'm still finding little things from months ago of theirs that I have to delete once in a while.

mylow thehutt
01-09-2002, 08:41 PM
:) :) :( :cry: peace out man.:crazed:

PloKoon2385
01-09-2002, 08:50 PM
He got banned because he was being a jerk to sirsteve and everyone who enjoys this site and these forums. He said that we shouldn't have to call sirsteve a "sir" and that we are all suckers. And that this website sux and he uses theforce.net's forums anyways. He wasn't noble enough to call himself a jedi either. I was the first one to read his junk post and I spoke my mind to him. After that, JarJarBinks chimed in. His post was called:mace's perple lightsaber and yes, purple was spelled wrong in his post. Anyways, I never really liked how he was always negative. When his posts died I always remembered that he wrote a post saying: this post is dead weep weep weep... I am personally not going to miss Kit Fristo. And, Sir Steve. I will continue calling you sir because you have created a wonderful website which people should enjoy, and if they don't they should suffest things, not be rude about it. Thank you Sirsteve.:happy:

SirSteve
01-09-2002, 09:51 PM
Everyone "AGREES" to our terms as they registered. If they don't like them, they do not need to register. If they register and get out of hand, we have to take care of it...

PloKoon2385
01-09-2002, 11:22 PM
Well I am glad that you enforce the rules and regulations, no matter who they are. Most of us enjoy your website and those who don't,steer clear or keep quiet about it. I find it incredibly distasteful and rude to insult someone's hard work. I had a website and someone left in my guestbook that their website was a real professional one and you should go see that one and that mine was trash. That hurt my feelings, as it would most people. I had put a lot of work into mine and if he didn't like it, fine, but you don't need to insult it.
Bravo, Sirsteve! Bravo for creating this great site which I enjoy immensely and Bravo for handling the people well who can't keep their negative thoughts to themselves. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.:happy:

Obi-Don
01-10-2002, 09:10 AM
I agree with that Plo. This is the best forum site that I have been to and I enjoy it a lot. We don't need to be negative to each other even if we don't agree with the point of view that is expressed. This should be and is a fun way for us to get together and talk about our love of Star Wars. I say if you don't like it here than leave. Its just like the TV or a book. Turn the channel or closed the book,but don't knock us who likes it.

SirSteve and all the Mods,keep up the great work and lets keep this a friendly and fun place to come to.

mylow thehutt
01-10-2002, 03:03 PM
:happy: :happy: Amen

SithDroid
01-13-2002, 10:24 PM
I'm kind of new and I didn't even really like him. He seemed very immature. He was probably some kid who thought he could be cool by using bad language to impress people. I'm glad he is gone. I don't like people insulting people.