PDA

View Full Version : Any crazy MM plans?

garbognar
03-27-2005, 11:33 PM
Just wondering if anyone else has any huge grandiose plans for MM. I am going to be getting to Toys r us for the holo Yoda as early as I can(probably about 5 or so). Then I will probably hit a Wallyworld tent to get the Early Bird thing. Then I am going to drive out to the boonies, as I have always had good luck getting everything I want at smaller town Wal-Marts to finish off the night(even though it will probably be morning) . I may or may not hit Target, depending on how much I find before they open. All in all, I will probably be driving for about three or four hours total getting to all the places I want to go.
I figure since this is the last MM I might as well go absolutely insane about it. I could probably get all that I want in one or two stops, but I have always really liked meeting other collectors at these things and some places get different cases.
Please tell me I am not the only one this crazy!:D

Turbowars
03-27-2005, 11:36 PM
Any plan to do MM is crazy. It looks like I will be up all night far into the next day.

Clonetrooper630
03-27-2005, 11:55 PM
Any time you get 30 year old people to spend 100's of dollars on toys is crazy.:crazed:

Slicker
03-28-2005, 02:45 AM
The only "crazy" thing I'm gonna do is bring my roommate with me. He's a decent SW fan but he made a stupid bet with me when Halo 2 came saying that if I went with him to that he'd do this with me. Damn fool. I'm also taking him so I can get doubles of the exclusives. And no it's not for Ebay, I'm gonna try and doubles to sell to those that may not be able to go out and get them. At cost of course.

sith_killer_99
03-28-2005, 03:44 AM
I plan on streaking (running naked) through Target and scaring everyone off so that I can buy up all the Lava Darth Vader's and sell 'em on Ebay!!! :crazed:

Is that crazy enough? :evil:

I will have to carry all my cash in my hand since I will have no pockets to...nevermind.

CaptainSolo1138
03-28-2005, 07:41 AM
I will have to carry all my cash in my hand since I will have no pockets to...nevermind.
....or you could just use rolled change. :D

Bobby Fett
03-28-2005, 08:55 AM
I plan on streaking (running naked) through Target and scaring everyone off so that I can buy up all the Lava Darth Vader's and sell 'em on Ebay!!!

I hope we're not planning to streak the same Target. That would surely lead to comparisons as to who has the larger lightsaber! :crazed:

Fluke Skywalker
03-28-2005, 09:16 AM
Any time you get 30 year old people to spend 100's of dollars on toys is crazy.

lol LOL!

Nothing crazy really. I am trying to get at least one friend to go (None are collectors). Barring that I'll hit the Wally world and Meijer in my neighborhood.

Next day I'll hit Target (Or as the French say Tar-shay) then maybe pay the old Giraffe a visit. After that, it's off to stores in other towns. Luckily I have about 4 Targets, 3 TRU, 6 Walmarts, and Five Meijer within 20 minutes of my house.

Darth Sidious
03-28-2005, 05:18 PM
Well, I'm heading to TRU at midnight with $50 to spend purely on SW items, but that doesn't seem too crazy...Maybe I'll have a few brews first...err...just messing around... :sur: :D

Hellboy
03-28-2005, 05:39 PM
Curious . . how is this thread any different from the 4 or 5 others that ask what our plans are come MM? Oh wait you said "crazy" didn't you? Well when you put it like that I plan on consuming an unhealthy amount of coffee and probably endangering countless lives as I drive like a madman from store to store on little to no sleep. I also plan on reading as many EP III spoilers as I can the night before and talking about them at high decibels as I wait in line to get my Target and TRU exclusives. I'm telling ya man, its gonna be sick, like cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria!! :crazed:

JetsAndHeels
03-28-2005, 06:04 PM
I get off work at 5 Friday afternoon, so I will come home and begin consuming alot of caffeine. I plan on making the trek out to TRU or WM (still trying to figure out this whole tent business) and then home for a few hours.
Later in the morning I plan on getting up around 5:30 so I can get to Target and hope for a Lava Vader. After that I will stop by WM again just to check out whats going on, and perhaps get a few more miscellaneous items.

Later that evening, watching the Final Four.

DarthQuack
03-28-2005, 10:37 PM
Later that evening, watching the Final Four.

Saw them win the Syracuse Regional in person 14 rows back from the court this past weekend :) Truly an amazing 3 games.

gsr-jedi
03-28-2005, 10:48 PM
This is my crazy plan.

It begins at 8:55 pm. I will head over to Starbucks with a 64 oz. thermos cup and tell the lady "FILL THIS UP WITH STRAIGHT CAFFEINE AND DOUBLESHOT IT. DON'T SCRIMP ON THE WHIP CREAM EITHER!" Then as I drink my caffeine, I will listen to a combination of Lil' Jon, M.O.P., & Metallica, all at the same time, to get me in the mood. At 11:45 pm I will head over to the local Wal-Mart, eighties style with a boom box on my shoulder. At 11:59, I will set the boom box down in the toy aisle and turn some Lil' Jon on, so that by 12:01, things are officially crunked. Then the caffeine will cause me to be delusional, and I'll think I'm in Atlanta, so I'll proceed to start throwin' 'bows (elbows for the uninitiated), on anyone in the area. Once the aisle has been cleared, I will grab my alotment of CloneTroopers and sneak off James Bond style. Flirting with, and consorting with, any attractive female employees I find along the way. Once I get home I will play a combination of CounterStrike and Gran Turismo 4 and watch the Princess Diaries films. At 6:00 am I will head over to the local Target dressed as a Stormtrooper wearing a pink tutu, sporting a custom pink lightsaber, and a voice modulator to make me sound like a 16 year old "valley" girl. I will then intimidate the other people in line with a combination of scare tactics, ballet, my incredible lightsaber skills (these don't stray far from my awesome nunchuk and bow skills), and talks of recent trips to the mall and the dreamy guy who works at the local malt shoppe, until I am first in line. I will then be the first to get a Lava Vader and when the employees ask me "What are you gonna do now?", I can respond "Whatever I feel like doin'."

That is my crazy MM plan.

Spinosaurus2004
03-28-2005, 11:48 PM
I am going to the Pistons game on Friday night so if I feel like it I might go out when I get back to Toys R Us to pick up some stuff, but more than likely I'll go to sleep and get up in the morning to hit the Target and Wal-Mart that are less than a mile apart from each other and then get a ton of figures. Does anyone know how much each figure costs, approximately?

jimmymiro12
03-29-2005, 04:57 PM
My dad said we are getting up at 6:00 and we will run over to Target. We figured it will be raining so it may help get some of the people out of the way. Then we will come back to my house, if I cannot get all the things I want my mom is goin to take me to tru, walmart and if we need to another walmart. I am just planing on buying around five or mor action figures and maybe the clone wars vol. 1 dvd. I forgot my parent were supposed to get me a present for my report card so that will help pay for some of it. but it will be fun.

Jmacq
03-29-2005, 08:41 PM
Not really 'crazy' plans, per se, but I'm gonna catch an evening showing of "Sin City" with a bunch of my friends, which will hopefully wrap up around 10:00 PM. I'll head over to the nearest Toys R' Us that's having Midnight Madness and hang out with the (usually) cool folks in line there, before snagging most of the figures on my list and maybe the ARC-170 and a couple lightsabers there (I prefer to support Toys R Us over Wal-Mart, even if they cost a bit more). Then I'll head home, crash for a few hours, and get up to head to the nearest Target around 5:30/6AM to pick up the Lava Vader and a few more Army Builders. From there, I'll scoot to the nearest Wally World to catch the Early-Bird Exclusive and (hopefully) the carrying case with the Anakin and Clone Trooper (and maybe a few more Army Builders, too). And then I'll come home and probably crash for a couple more hours before I get around to opening the stuff up. ;)

Thank goodness I've been saving my money....