PDA

View Full Version : Lava Vader Price

Clonetrooper630
03-28-2005, 01:09 AM
Does anyone have any idea as to hom much is this figure going to cost??
I would like to know that way i know if is worth the time and effort

Kidhuman
03-28-2005, 02:14 AM
According to the other thread it was 7.49

Scackmgack
03-28-2005, 08:06 AM
The price is, indeed. $7.49.

Per whether or not it is worth it, that is obviously entirely subjective. IMHO, it is not. The sculpt is not very good, the clamshell case is thinner than the VOTC cases (of the ones I bought I kept the worst one for myself and had to open it up to reach in and re-arrange the card and additional card behind the figure to make them fit into the clamshell properly, and in doing so bent the plastic so it now has those white stress-lines in it, oh well), and really, all this is is a Vader with some red and yellow paint on it.

If you are a completist and absolutely have to make a go at these, then nothing is going to dissuade you from getting up at the crack of dawn on Saturday to get in line for one of these.

If you are not a completist, I wouldn't worry about it. I think it is insane that people are paying what they are paying for them online, but also, the market is already starting to flood with early releases, so if you're willing to pay $20 for one, I am sure you are going to be able to score one on EBay for that much after Saturday when people start selling extras. You know that not every store is going to have 30+ collectors in line when the store opens to distribute these to, which means they are inevitably going to wind up on EBay in very large quantities.

So, if you value your sleep more than a few extra bucks, just wait and get them online.

Of course, then that means buying from a "scalper." lol

Bacta Beast
03-28-2005, 12:15 PM
Are we even sure they'll be available Sturday morning? The TRU Yoda isn't available until the 10th, I wonder if this will be the same.

DarthChuckMc
03-28-2005, 12:21 PM
Lava Vader IS available Saturday 4/2 at 8am.....that is, if the store you visit didn't put them out early by mistake, and they've been bought up already.

It's supposed to ring up $12.99...limit ONE per Guest.

jimmymiro12
03-28-2005, 01:52 PM
Bacta BeastAre we even sure they'll be available Sturday morning? The TRU Yoda isn't available until the 10th, I wonder if this will be the same.

We will see the Yoda come in on this Saturday. I have called my Tru and they are supposed to come in.

WARNING- If you are planing on buying at Target you will have to go to another store to get everything you need unless you are just planing on getting a few.