PDA

View Full Version : Episode II Slave 1 Boxed Pics

Beast
01-06-2002, 02:13 PM
Someone named Mr. Mullet has box pics of the Slave 1 Episode II vehicle up. Looks pretty good actually, though I dunno if I believe the claims that the cockpit will hold Jango, Boba, and 1 other. Especially with the horrible leg stances, so I guess that means we will get a normal posed Jango for his Slave 1.

http://www.photo.net/photodb/presentation?presentation_id=135229

Enjoy the pictures, the ship looks pretty good actually. Can't wait for this one. Just hope the figures end up being as good as the ships appear.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
01-06-2002, 02:29 PM
Thanks JarJar! and WOW!

This is total evidence that Slave One is a completely new Sculpt!

My '96 is right here next to me. The engines have been moved, everything! The cockpit holds more figures! Whoa!

I am going to love shooting missles with it! With this and my TIE Bomber, I can PLAY with my toys like a kid again!!! Yahooo!

chewie
01-06-2002, 02:31 PM
Guess this finally shows that its a whole new mold. I definitely don't mind that.

JonoFett
01-06-2002, 02:39 PM
A dramatic improvement, no doubt, lets just see GREAT figs to complement what look to be well designed vehicles.

Darth Evil
01-06-2002, 02:43 PM
It's very nice, hopefully the finished figures will be equally nice.

AmanaMatt
01-06-2002, 03:45 PM
I am most impressed with the new Slave I thus far; as for the packaging, I dig it...has a sort of original POTF thing going on with the text design

Lord Tenebrous
01-06-2002, 03:56 PM
Yanno, this piece actually looks better than the photo we got a few days ago. When I saw that repainted Gungan stack, I was thinking, oh dear, this is going to be interesting. But the multi-shot is great, and the only problem with this vehicle is the most obvious one. How are we going to display this thing in flight mode? :)

Maybe they'll have stands for it, or maybe somebody will share their displaying practices for the prior ones...

AreTwo-DeeTwo
01-06-2002, 06:18 PM
I see no problems with the Slave I or Jedi Starfighter. Actually I would have liked the R2 droid from the Jedi Starfighter to be removeable. Oh well.

Jargo
01-06-2002, 06:22 PM
With the old version it was easy to hang from the ceiling using the handhold on the underside/rear and the 'wings' struts. i just used twelve pound fishing line and stuck a big eyelet in the ceiling beam of my room and hung it there mid flight firing at the other ships i got hung up.

Actually, i just did a litle lightening on the images and there appears to be something akin to the handhold near the front on the underside. it would be possible to hang the ship after all. Cool! but that same handhold thing looks to have some kind of holes in it suggesting a connection of some description to something like a base stand. :)

Tycho
01-06-2002, 06:52 PM
I hope so, Jargo. That'd be sweet. Then they would have thought of everything!

3 in the cockpit!

4 rotating multi-shot quad torpedoes

Hidden pannel to hide torpedo launcher for display.

1 or more depth-charge launchers at the bottom

a flip open, concealed tractor beam projector (unless this is where the charges come out the front)

Positionable wings (like before)

poseable cannons (new but like before)

Possible display handle (and even rack???)

a place to hang it from!

WOW!

JonoFett
01-06-2002, 06:56 PM
Great suggestions, except you forgot to mention the exclusive life-like pieces of rock from the asteroid field!!;)

Jargo
01-06-2002, 07:14 PM
I looked again and that handhold seems to be screwed onto the ship not molded like before. it looks more like those holes are just screw holes. Guess there's no display stand for you guys :(

Is that what that square hole is - a tractor beam projector? it's at the rear of the ship where the old hatch opened and it appears to be a small square hole with something protruding. Could it be more guns? an escape hatch? I dunno.

Tycho
01-06-2002, 07:34 PM
I don't know either, but I got out my Slave One toy from '96 and the vehicles used to come with blueprints. Fett has a variety of gadgets on that ship, but a tractor beam projector is shown (actually down a little further) on the front extension part (where the twin cannons are). Maybe Hasbro took the liberty of putting a tractor beam projector there.

However, I like your idea of an escape hatch, Jargo. That could be used in the movie even, in some way we don't yet know about.

I think it is more weapons at only a last option: think about it: the ship already has working twin gun, quad-missle launchers, and depth charges. Mmmm - that's right, Ion cannons are still missing from the toy. Whatever it is, something is removeable or covered by a hatch -that much is discernable from the picture.

But Fett (either father or son) has even more weapons on board that ship than this toy will ever have. On the blueprints, it seems that BOBA Fett has redundant weapons for any one that possibly fails. Still, this is really good for a toy - to get this many with real working action features!!! I'm impressed!

So the remaining possiblities are:

1) escape hatch
2) hidden ion cannons
3) the depth charges load in the back, but come out the front???
4) tractor beam projector you can "reveal and Knock out?"
5) more missle launchers still? (would be incredible, but totally cool!)
6) Maybe it's a cargo container full of Khyber Darts that Obi-Wan traced to Kamino?
7) Or a part of the hull that they can jettison to ditch Obi-Wan's homing beacon?
8) Battle damage from the asteroid field (like crash 'n go cars or the Flash Speeder's wing?)

Whatever it is, the possibilities only make this toy that much MORE exciting! -as if that is possible!

I can't believe the total resculpting of an older ship I have a toy of has me more excited than I was about getting the TIE Bomber - a ship I've wanted for years! 2002 is going to be incredible for vehicles!!!

GNT
01-06-2002, 08:51 PM
nice,very nice,so far looks like a huge improvement over the last couple :)

GUNGAN1999
01-07-2002, 12:21 AM
Y'know, if you take a close look at the action figures, Obi-Wan and Jango, on the box's back side, they ain't half bad. We've been pretty harsh on Hasbro, but they just might pull it off. The carded Obi-Wan image that we've all seen, the only officially released image, looks pretty okay. And the Jango we've seen, courtesy of GNT, despite leg articulation, looks pretty sweet. I guess there might be a bright side after all. April 22nd is looking up.
And, for the record, "soft goods" Obi-Wan is one of my favorite E1 figs.

Beast
01-07-2002, 12:23 AM
The site with the photo's updated with a new full back of the box shot, it shows what all the lil hatches and openings do. Looks even cooler now. Can't wait for this one. This thing is sweet.

It even has a small section that trasnforms, the text reads:

Adjustable Battle Damage: Panal rotates to recreate Obi-Wan's homing device. And again when Jango Fett blows it away.

JediTricks
01-07-2002, 12:41 AM
It looks pretty good, this is why you shouldn't entirely trust prototype pics, although the prototype pic we saw on this one looks the same as the one on the boxed pic.

Lord Tenebrous
01-07-2002, 12:51 AM
50 Jedi Master points...that comes out to about $40-50, right?

*whistles*

Maybe Hasbro's expecting collectors to ditch the figures and just buy vehicles this time around? We only have, oh, a dozen that we could get.

(Slave 1, Jedi Starfighter, Zam's Speeder, Anakin's Hotrod, Tatooine Speeder, Gondola Speeder, Dooku's Solar Sail, Republic Gunship, Senator's Flying Wing, Rickshaw Speeder, Arena Speeder, Droid Transport)

And the optional Freighter and Lakeside playsets.

Tycho
01-07-2002, 01:10 AM
Wow! I was right about the homing beacon feature / reversable battle damage!

(It only took me 8 guesses but I'm most pleased this ship is feature-filled!)

I love Slave One now!

Jargo
01-07-2002, 09:51 AM
Most pleasing this is. :happy: A removable canopy and space for three. resculpted wings and tail guns, battle damage you don't have to display, a silly missile feature that has a cover so you don't have to look at it. This is how it should be done, features for both kids and display collectors. Why thank you for your co-operation Messrs. hasbro. :D