PDA

View Full Version : Too many figures

tagmac
03-28-2005, 01:49 PM
I know this has been covered before, but seeing as the appropriate thread for this response is closed....

If that list is true, that is waaay too many figures for one night. Money aside, army builders now have more than one clone to horde, people will clog up the pegs for much longer trying to get at all these figures, and scalpers are gonna have a field day declaring the "rare" figures to sell for 3X the price. It was bad enough the situation with the Dooko/Taun We waves last time, not to mention the Boba Fett wave not showing up at TRU, but every other store....this time Midnight Madness seems like too much of a hassle compared to previous years. Contrary to what some may believe, the overabundance of figures and the exclusives is just gonna attract more scalpers/hoarders than ever, and make it a lot tougher for us collectors to get what we want at store prices.

I'm gonna hope that some of the other e-stores will be the correct ones, and the list will stop at the Tarfful case. E-bay's a tough call IMO, since people could be claiming to have figs in hand that they don't, plus who knows how many of the later figs could have come directly from China.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-28-2005, 02:46 PM
closed? you mean this one: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=27074

Looks open to me? :D

tagmac
03-28-2005, 10:27 PM
LOL.....got me there. :D

Seriously though, that old thread was more about speculation. This thread was in response to the closed "List o' figures" thread that claims we are "definitely" getting 40 figs on Friday night.

gsr-jedi
03-28-2005, 10:53 PM
I agree, there looks to be an insane amount of figures and I for one can definitely not afford all of them at once. But I'm sure that the majority of figures will be in such an abundance. I remember for AOTC, shortly after the movie came out; WM, Target, and K-Mart, all had sales on the figs like one after another where they were selling them for like 3 bucks each. I took my receipts and got my money back. Plus KB was selling like 4 figs and a lightsaber for like $20 in the fall, so I'm not gonna sweat it too much.