PDA

View Full Version : Anakin's Jedi Starfighter TRU Exclusive

SirSteve
03-28-2005, 04:12 PM
This is not the Sneak Preview vehicle. Toys "R" Us will have it first then the other retailers will get it.

Details here:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news?m=show&id=31174

Hellboy
03-28-2005, 04:15 PM
OK, now I'm officially confused. How many Starfighters does this kid have? A different color for each day of the week maybe? :crazed:

Sith Lord 0498
03-28-2005, 04:18 PM
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I think it's a great idea, and it answers the question "If there's going to be an Obi-Wan pilot, where's Anakin?" However, they gave him Saesee Tiin's starfighter (his was green in the CW cartoon, right?)

Oh well, maybe it'd be worth buying for the Anakin Pilot figure, and you can probably use the Clone Wars-line Saesee Tiin since he came with piloting headgear.

El Chuxter
03-28-2005, 04:24 PM
Call me stupid, but I've been waiting for a clearance sale to get the preview Starfighter. Aside from the figure, what are the differences, or do we even know that yet?

Battle Droid
03-28-2005, 04:45 PM
Cool, I thought it might be the second one he uses in the film.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-28-2005, 06:33 PM
Er . . . it's green, for one. And the blasters look white to me.

I like it! I knew Obi-Wan used a red one (with R4-P17) in the beginning and a blue one (with R4-G9) later, but I didn't know Anakin switched from yellow to green. He can't be that great of a pilot if he keeps losing his ship. :D

General_Grievous
03-28-2005, 07:29 PM
While I'm usually unimpressed with repaints, I'll actually pick this one up. I'll just put the pilot Anakin in the yellow one and I'll put the Clone Wars Saesee Tiin in the green one. Easy.

But I think I know why Anakin has a new starfighter....

SPOILER ALERT (even though it's nothing major):

During the battle of Coruscant, both Anakin and Obi Wan leave their starfighters (the yellow one and the red one) in the hangar of Grievous' battleship, the Invisible Hand. Eventually, the ship is destroyed. It splits in half, one part exploding in space, the other hurling towards Coruscant. Anakin and Obi-Wan are in the part hurling towards Coruscant, while the part that exploded had their starfighters on it. So they both get replacements. Obi-Wan presumably gets a new-colored one as well, because he uses a Jedi Starfighter to travel to the planet of Utapau.

Turbowars
03-28-2005, 07:47 PM
Will it be at MM? I might 2 of these since it's in a window box. I love that the stickers are on already. It irritates me to apply them.

Clonetrooper1131
03-28-2005, 11:34 PM
I thought it was pretty cool looking. I too was pretty unimpressed with the repaints, especially the Gunship for the Clone Wars line. But this I thought was really cool. It made my list. :)

Spinosaurus2004
03-28-2005, 11:45 PM
So is there a difference between these two or what? I'm prob going to buy at least one Anakin starfighter and at least one Obi-Wan starfighter but I don't know which Anakin one I want. So many choices!

Clonetrooper1131
03-29-2005, 12:35 AM
So is there a difference between these two or what? I'm prob going to buy at least one Anakin starfighter and at least one Obi-Wan starfighter but I don't know which Anakin one I want. So many choices!

From what I can see is it's just the paint scheme, plus a Anakin figure. And hopefully he'll fit in the cockpit.

Fluke Skywalker
03-29-2005, 02:35 AM
I can't tell, is that Anakin a rehash of the Wave I with a headset thing included or a whole new figure? This is going to be a tough one. I have the Yellow one already and Sat I'll get Obi's Red one. After that I'll need another Starfighter like George Lucas needs another Flannel shirt. If the figure is new I'm sold. If not......

BTW, any idea what this'll retail for? I assume since it's (At least initially) an exclusive and has a figure that it'll be more than $20.

Slicker
03-29-2005, 03:01 AM
I like the look of the graphics on the box and this being a window box has me sold already. I still haven't opened the Preview one (and I never will:evil: ) but now I'm glad I haven't. This doesn't look like anything special.

aceguide
03-29-2005, 07:22 AM
Well this answers my question...

Smart move by Lucas/Hasbro. 3 x JSF. Will we see Mace's purple one too?

Count me in for this one if not all three.

jedi master sal
03-29-2005, 10:39 AM
Huh?

I've already bought two of Ani's Yellow JSF. (1 open/1boxed), plus Obi's Red JSF. I'll do the same thing and buy the green one and switch pilots for Saesee Tiin. I might even buy a second green one depending on how much it's used in the movie by Anakin.

So now we need the purple Mace and Blue Obi...

Sounds like an ad for Lucky Charms:
Red Obi's
Yellow Anakin's
Green Saesee's
Blue Obi's and
Purple Mace's

-Sal

tagmac
03-29-2005, 10:41 AM
It says that it'll be available mid-May, so at least I can save a few bucks on Saturday. I skipped both Obi-Wan's and Anakin's first versions, so I'll just get this one so I can have one of the pre-cursor's to the TIE Fighter.

yoda83
03-29-2005, 04:50 PM
Sounds like an ad for Lucky Charms:
Red Obi's
Yellow Anakin's
Green Saesee's
Blue Obi's and
Purple Mace's

-Sal

So what color will the newly announced Plo Koon's Starfighter be in that?

Turbowars
03-29-2005, 06:42 PM
Maybe his will be a clear version like WonderWoman's jet ;)

JediTricks
03-29-2005, 07:02 PM
I'll be honest, Hasbro would never do something that cool. :D Wonder Woman's invisible jet rules, although it's a little odd that you can see her while she's flying it, seems like it'd defeat the purpose.

Turbowars
03-29-2005, 07:05 PM
Yeah you got that right. As a kid that bothered me too.

Veers
03-29-2005, 09:48 PM
That is too many ships for Anakin. I will still buy the vehicle.

Clonetrooper1131
03-29-2005, 11:39 PM
Just to compare the two Jedi Starfighters. Honestly, the green one doesn't look all that bad.

JediTricks
03-31-2005, 06:30 PM
I don't like the white guns, but the pre-applied stickers entice me. I never bought the Obi-Wan version, so I may end up buying this instead.

DeathofaJedi
04-06-2005, 07:07 PM
Does anyone know how to correctly jam an R2 unit into one of these? The booklet says most should fit but I've not found one to fit yet. Any advice?

Turbowars
04-06-2005, 07:48 PM
Well if you really think about it, there's not enough room for any Astro Droid. That's why Hasbro included a 1/2 version just for that reason.

beckmen
04-06-2005, 08:04 PM
This vehicle looks cool. The massivly differant paint scheme and pack-in fig make me really want it. Hopefully it will only be 20 bucks, though...

Hellboy
04-06-2005, 08:06 PM
Probably more like $30 when you consider the other Starfighters are $20 without
being an exclusive and don't include a figure.

beckmen
04-06-2005, 08:20 PM
Well, when it eventually gets to other retailers it won't be an exclusive anymore. Maybe not 20, but 25 then. 30 is way too steep, I'll boycott.

JediTricks
04-06-2005, 11:55 PM
Does anyone know how to correctly jam an R2 unit into one of these? The booklet says most should fit but I've not found one to fit yet. Any advice?
None will fit because their legs are slightly too long for the slot. There's a more thorough explanation of this in this thread: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=26822

Joshkj
04-07-2005, 12:04 AM
I have a feeling tRU is going to screw up on this one too :/

Whats the fig that fits in his starfighhter now I forgot?

beckmen
04-07-2005, 05:16 PM
I failed when trying to jam the rocket booster TPM R2 and the POTF2 R2 in the slot.

abell748
04-08-2005, 06:51 AM
I just think it is sad state of affairs when having a ship early is an "exclusive". Please, it is not worth trying to catch it at a TRU when I can find easier at a WM or Target later. Excuse me while the excitement for this "exclusive" leaves the building.

JEDIpartner
04-28-2005, 11:28 AM
So... I saw the TRU exclusive Jedi Starfighter at C3. It IS a repaint of the current Jedi Starfighter mould. The Anakin that comes with it is Anakin #1 frm the new figure line and all they did was slap an Anakin Clone Wars figure's headset into the package. It's not the right shape to fit over his head and it barely goes on without bending all out of shape.

There's your exclusive, kids!

Scackmgack
04-28-2005, 11:51 AM
I actually think the headsets from Clone Wars Anakin fit very nicely onto Obi-Wan and Anakin #1 and #2...I wound up with an extra CW Anakin when I bought the 2-pack to get the bonus clone, and I have the ROTS figs in their starfighters with the headsets and they look great. Yes, you do have to use a little (but only a little) force to get the headsets on, but they don't strip paint off the hair or anything...

DarkArtist
04-28-2005, 12:23 PM
I actually like the green version, I wonder what the exclusive Obi Wan will look like, if they are going to package the red leader version or the #2 version with headset ?

Veers
04-28-2005, 10:01 PM
That is way to many starfighters for Anakin.

olivertravel
05-10-2005, 11:55 AM
In response to the latest update (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=31368) regarding this product as being released in stores 5/10 on their shelves, I did go to the local TRU this morning and not finding any of this version of the Jedi Interceptor, the shift manager told me to look for a circular in the upcoming Sunday paper (5/15) with a new promotion.

She said this exclusive should be released with whatever is being promoted then. The only info she was told by their corporate office was of the upcoming circular, not what exactly the promotion consisted of, or the exclusive.

Anyone find any of this item at TRU and prove what I have experienced different?

JediTricks
05-11-2005, 07:35 PM
I did, but I'm the one who wrote that part of the article you linked to. I just moved a thread to the "Anyone Found" section asking that same question, only 1 other person at this time reported finding one at a store: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=28218

BTW, a warning, all 3 of the boxes I saw on these had at least some amount of crush damage to them, nothing major, but enough to raise an eyebrow.

Clonetrooper1131
05-11-2005, 11:38 PM
I went to my local TRU, and nothing. But I'll keep checking back.

Spinosaurus2004
05-12-2005, 01:45 PM
I just picked this up today since I passed on the preview Starfighter. The vehicle is super cool and I've been having some fun with that but the figure that's packed in with it blows. They should have taken the Clone Wars Anakin sculpt and just stuck an ROTS head on him if they wanted to pack in an old figure with him. After buying this vehicle I'm glad I passed on the #1 Anakin because he is one of the worst figures I've seen in a while. I've been trying to fit figures in the cockpit but that's not working out too well. Does anyone know of any figures that fit in the cockpit of the Jedi starfighter? I also tried to put the preview R2 figure in the slot where it says you can put an R2 unit but it almost got stuck in there.

beckmen
05-12-2005, 06:04 PM
Is He worse than the #1 (I think it's #2, though) Obi-Wan (whom I wouldn't even buy becuase he has the same bad feature/arms and WAY, WAY worse head sculpt/paint)? Holy crapola, I capitolized "he". I guess I am buying into the Chosen One thing too much...

JediTricks
05-13-2005, 03:15 AM
Does anyone know of any figures that fit in the cockpit of the Jedi starfighter?I have Saga Ep 2 Obi-Wan pilot in mine right now, he fits well but there's no seatbelt so he rattles around a bit.

I also tried to put the preview R2 figure in the slot where it says you can put an R2 unit but it almost got stuck in there.No R2 figs can fit in there correctly, there's not enough leg room just like on the ARC-170, it's deep enough for the barrel body but they seemed to forget about the legs. I can wedge (barely) most R2 figs in there, but once the legs bottom out the fig is still like halfway out of the slot and it looks bad and on the JSF the figure's feet or legs may be warping, so it's not worth it.

beckmen, Obi-Wan is numero uno, Anakin is numero deuceo. ;)

abell748
05-13-2005, 04:11 AM
My TRU had these to put out the other day. They were not holding them, they had just gotten them in. The 3 cases they had were crushed also, as was reported in an earlier post. I am going back today to see if they are crushed just like the cases were.

Sith Lord 0498
05-13-2005, 04:12 PM
Just saw three of them today at my local TRU...

$29.99 for this piece of crap??!?!?! It's not even worth $19.99. I thought my biggest gripe would be Hasbro not including a specially-made pilot Anakin and just reusing ROTS #2 with an old headset. Nope, not that. That's not the big gripe.

Why did they change the dark grey hull to WHITE?!?!?

Ughhh...for $30 they can keep it. :speech:

Clonetrooper1131
05-14-2005, 12:22 AM
I found this today at my local TRU. I had thought I was going to pick it up, but I passed. When I examined it a little closer, it didn't appeal to me as much as it first had. Maybe the whole euphoria of the toys have worn off on me. Plus for $29.99, I much rather get another ARC Fighter, or a Gunship.

DarthZylek
05-14-2005, 01:44 PM
It appears that the Obi Wan TRU exclusive Jedi starfighter will be blue. I have been playing the ROTS games and it has clips from the movie in it. As Obi Wan fly toward Upatu you can see it has blue coloring.

DarkCloud
05-14-2005, 10:24 PM
I saw alot of these at my local toysrus today and believe me..its pretty LAME. the green looks ridiculous, i rather buy the ARC 170 or the Gunship for the price. this didnt even look like an TRU exclusive to me cuz it wasnt a eye-candy in the store and it looks worst than the regular yellow version of the starfighter. :bored:

VaderhitsJarjar
06-04-2005, 11:38 PM
Agreed the ship looks like bantha poodoo

the ones I looked at actually appeared warped like they sat in some hot cargo container while leaving Hong Kong.

So far they just sit on the shelves at my local TRU.

I passed and spent my $30 on the gas i keep using on my quests for more plastic heaven.

WesleySr
06-05-2005, 01:36 AM
It appears that the Obi Wan TRU exclusive Jedi starfighter will be blue. I have been playing the ROTS games and it has clips from the movie in it. As Obi Wan fly toward Upatu you can see it has blue coloring.
Are they going to have an Obi-Wan Starfighter too??? I had not heard this. Is it confirmed? I know that it is going to suck just like the Anakin exclusive did. It would be nice if they tossed in the hyperspace ring with it, instead of a repackaged figure. It will probably end being packaged with Obi-Wan #1, instead of at least having the Obi-Wan Pilot.

DarthZylek
06-05-2005, 08:26 AM
Are they going to have an Obi-Wan Starfighter too??? I had not heard this. Is it confirmed? I know that it is going to suck just like the Anakin exclusive did. It would be nice if they tossed in the hyperspace ring with it, instead of a repackaged figure. It will probably end being packaged with Obi-Wan #1, instead of at least having the Obi-Wan Pilot.

Yes you can pre-order it here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0009J8PZE/qid=1117978097/br=1-1/ref=br_lf_t_1//102-8676617-3689741?v=glance&s=toys&n=171673

Scackmgack
06-05-2005, 10:52 AM
I picked mine up yesterday and I love it! Other than the price point, I don't see what people are complaining about it. It's a great ship, with one minor detraction - the guns are white, not grey, even though they are grey in all the pictures on the box, of course.

I've been thinking about painting them, but the only paints I have are acrylics and I don't know if they are going to stick to rubber.

Anyway, I have the Clone Wars Sasee Tiin in the cockpit of the green Jedi Interceptor and he looks great. Now I have three Jedi Starfighters with three different pilots, and I can take Plo Koon and put him into the blue Clone Wars Delta-9 Jedi Starfighter and pass on his variant.

Dark Marble
06-06-2005, 09:50 AM
I have to agree. I like this one too. I have all three of the jedi starfighters so far from ROTS and I have all of the jedi starfighters up to now. I hated the price point on it, but it is the rare occasion where you actually get a variant that was in the movie. I would also pick up Obi's blue fighter if they make it. These are great little ships!

JediTricks
06-06-2005, 11:26 PM
I saw a box for one of these at my local TRU on the weekend, it had the regular Obi-Wan JSF shoved poorly into a plastic bag and slapped loosely into the box, and some feeb at the store actually TOOK this!!!

Jayspawn
06-07-2005, 12:46 AM
I see these sitting at TRU. I still cant justify paying $30 for it. I'm holding out for the Obi-Wan Pilot figure coming out later this year -it looks good for the standard Starfighter out now.

vadersvette
06-16-2005, 12:39 AM
Just saw a person's review of this ship on Amazon.com, it made me laugh :rolleyes:

"First off, it's nice to see new variations, and for kids, this toy is great. But if you are a collector, it's basically the same as the Blue, Red and Yellow ships you see in the Episode III movie - but nowhere is a green one. I've seen Episode III 3 times now, and it's not there. The paintjob on this one isn't even weathered enough to be believable.

So for kids, it's great.

For Collectors lookign to burn that extra $10-20, go for it. You'll waste your money though, as it is NOT in the film and the only exclusive part is that it's...green...

(and no, Yoda did not fly a green one - he didn't fly in any Jedi Fighter at all in the films). "

Is this guy freakin' colorblind?! He's :crazed: and he's :stupid: --- :D :D :D