PDA

View Full Version : Supershadow site tanked...???

Darth Alex
03-28-2005, 05:46 PM
When I "ahem"...surf da net...there are about 5-10 sites I hit daily. FYI, this is the ONLY one I post on, always liked the forums here....anyway, I do hit SuperShadow to not only laugh at some of his postings and answers but also to...ya know...see what's going on...get a different however unbelieveable take on Star Wars.
WEELLLLLL.....when I went to the site today, it seems someone hasn't been paying their bills I guess because

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SUSPEDED
PLEASE CONTACT THE BILLING/SUPPORT DEPT ASAP

is the message I get.
Now I figure that either SS was lying about all the George Lucas interviews he posted or didn't pay his bill. And hey, SS, if you're reading this, take no offense, but WHAT HAPPENED?
Any thoughts, anybody?:stupid:

General_Grievous
03-28-2005, 07:19 PM
Dunno...some of his ROTS synopsis was accurate (I know because I've read the first part of the comic book), and he posted this months ago. Maybe Lucasfilm came down on him like a ton of bricks. But as you said, most likely he just didn't pay his bills.

Darth Alex
04-04-2005, 10:30 PM
Thank you for moving this, I wasn't quite sure where to put it.
The sites been back up for a few days.
That was just an odd thing....
BTW-don't LOL at me for asking, but is that really GEORGE LUCAS answering those Q&A's? I mean, it'd have to be, right? SS.com isn't some sort of opinion blog, the site actually quotes a LOT to Lucas...

JediTricks
04-05-2005, 12:28 AM
Supershadow is pure malarky pretending to actually be an insider and talk to Lucas, he's just yanking all fandom's chain for some personal and perverted reason. It seems to be some sort of ego-stroke for him, fooling people or just living in a world of fantasy, I dunno.

master jedi
04-20-2005, 09:21 PM
Yeah, Supershadow is completely bogus. If he did know Lucas and was posting actual, hard core info you'd thinkLucas would have shut him down a very long time ago. Also, supershadow is just taking his info from other sites. Supershadow makes me want to use harsh words but that's not allowed here...:D

Darth Alex
05-25-2005, 10:07 AM
Since this thread was last posted in (4/20), supershadow has had a LOT of different stuff posted on his site...some seems legit, some seems like total baloney. Lately I've been getting a kick outta reading the box office totals he posts every day for ROTS. I read a few SW sites every day and I gotta admit, his is the one that seems like it has the most made-up stuff.
Anyway, while surfing today I noticed that his site is now...hacked? eliminated? Some group called "goons" has defaced his main page and put up a nude photo as well. Considering that some children may be viewing the site, that is just pain WRONG. I don't appear to have caught a bug/virus from the defacing as it re-directs you to a forum for this group. I clicked off immediately and figured I'd warn folks about this situation.

CaptainSolo1138
05-25-2005, 11:04 AM
I forget which show it was, but last week on G4/Tech TV they ranked Supershadow as one of the Top 5 Star Wars sites on the net. I just shook my head. I love it when people who know nothing about Star Wars feel the need to talk about it, and that happened alot last week before RotS came out :rolleyes:.

InsaneJediGirl
05-25-2005, 11:24 PM
I saw that on G4TV as well and rolled my eyes.Did they not even do a through search?SirStevesGuide wasnt even on the list,making me wonder if they just googled "Star Wars" and picked the top five returns :crazed:

CaptainSolo1138
05-26-2005, 09:51 AM
Kinda glad SSG wasn't on there, though. That would have brought another wave of n00bs over :p .

rust
05-29-2005, 10:31 PM
Since this thread was last posted in (4/20), supershadow has had a LOT of different stuff posted on his site...some seems legit, some seems like total baloney. Lately I've been getting a kick outta reading the box office totals he posts every day for ROTS. I read a few SW sites every day and I gotta admit, his is the one that seems like it has the most made-up stuff.
Anyway, while surfing today I noticed that his site is now...hacked? eliminated? Some group called "goons" has defaced his main page and put up a nude photo as well. Considering that some children may be viewing the site, that is just pain WRONG. I don't appear to have caught a bug/virus from the defacing as it re-directs you to a forum for this group. I clicked off immediately and figured I'd warn folks about this situation.
Haha! Good riddence Shadow!

moulman
05-30-2005, 08:15 PM
lol i just went to this website after reading this thread. Its more humorus than informationalJust realized that you get to their site if you type in www.sirsteveguide.com (http://www.sirsteveguide.com):mad:

InsaneJediGirl
05-30-2005, 08:49 PM
I noticed that a bit back(believe there was a thread) . Talk about drawing business off the good sites.

CaptainSolo1138
05-31-2005, 11:58 AM
OHHHHH!!!!!! He has the rough drafts for Episodes VII, VIII, and IX!!! Awesome!!

:rolleyes:

moulman
05-31-2005, 07:09 PM
lol has anyone actually read those plot scripts? Im curious to know if they follow along w/ the EU books that come after ROTJ

CaptainSolo1138
06-01-2005, 06:48 AM
lol has anyone actually read those plot scripts? Im curious to know if they follow along w/ the EU books that come after ROTJ
I don't feel like giving that useless waste of web space my time or effort.