PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Expanded Universe Trivia Game!

Ji'dai
03-29-2005, 10:23 AM
Same basic rules as El Chuxter's film trivia game except that all questions must come from Expanded Universe sources.

If you get a question right, you get to ask one.

When posing a question, please qualify it with a general clue to the source, whether it be from a novel, comic book, or television program, etc.

I'll start with 16 easy questions culled from various sources:

Comics
1. What Jedi Master trained Nomi Sunrider?

2. Dark Horse Comics' title Star Wars became Star Wars: Republic with what issue's release?

3. What is the name of the house-keeping droid that keeps Han Solo's apartment on Nar Shaddaa neat and tidy?

4. Bespin Administrator Lando Calrissian uses whose recently Carbonite-frozen body as a desk?

Novels
1. The Noghri refer to what woman as "Lady Vader?"

2. In what novel did Chewbacca die?

3. Who are Bollux and Blue Max?

4. What creatures from Mrykr have the ability to null the Force?

Television
1. What mined ore is used by the Empire in the construction of their proton torpedoes?

2. During the Clone Wars, the Techno Union experimented on and mutated abducted warriors from what tribal group?

3. Name three members of the Towani nuclear family.

4. King Gorneesh is chieftan of what Endor tribe?

Video Games
1. Name the Imperial Officer who masterminded the Dark Trooper project and name his flagship.

2. What Star Wars film actor provided the voice for the lead clone trooper in Republic Commando?

3. What Dark Jedi murdered Morgan Katarn?

4. What is the name of Dash Rendar's droid?

CaptainSolo1138
03-29-2005, 12:10 PM
2. In what novel did Chewbacca die?
Vector Prime

4. What is the name of Dash Rendar's droid?
Leebo

In SOTE, what is the name of Xizor's skyhook?

JediTricks
03-29-2005, 04:50 PM
Same basic rules as El Chuxter's film trivia game except that all questions must come from Expanded Universe sources.

If you get a question right, you get to ask one.

When posing a question, please qualify it with a general clue to the source, whether it be from a novel, comic book, or television program, etc.

I'll start with 16 easy questions culled from various sources:Chux's rule was 4 questions max though. ;)

4. Bespin Administrator Lando Calrissian uses whose recently Carbonite-frozen body as a desk? I dunno, but that sounds kinda lumpy for a desk. :D

1. The Noghri refer to what woman as "Lady Vader?" Princess Leia Organa Solo.

4. What creatures from Mrykr have the ability to null the Force? Ysalamiri. (guess which EU series I remember best ;))

1. Name the Imperial Officer who masterminded the Dark Trooper project and name his flagship. Mohc. The ArcHammer.

2. What Star Wars film actor provided the voice for the lead clone trooper in Republic Commando? My vague memory tells me it's Temura Morrison, yes?

3. What Dark Jedi murdered Morgan Katarn? Jerec, leader of the Dark Jedi in DF2:Jedi Knight, and lover of all low-fat Subway sandwiches. ;)

Which SOTE vehicles were turned into action figure-based toys?

Slicker
03-29-2005, 04:52 PM
Which SOTE vehicles were turned into action figure-based toys?Thank god. Finally one that I can answer.

The Outrider, Slave I, and the Swoop Bike.

CaptainSolo1138
03-29-2005, 05:11 PM
I dunno, but that sounds kinda lumpy for a desk. :D

It's flipped over. The person who's frozen is "looking" at the floor. I can see the picture in my mind (Lando's feet are up on it, right?), but can't for the life of me remember who's frozen! :D

Ji'dai
03-29-2005, 05:13 PM
Chux's rule was 4 questions max though. ;)

I just wanted to start with nice variety :D

4. Bespin Administrator Lando Calrissian uses whose recently Carbonite-frozen body as a desk?

I dunno, but that sounds kinda lumpy for a desk. :D

Notoriously lumpy, as a matter of fact. But alas, it was not meant to be. Lando's new desk, favorite chair, nightlight, and office were vaporized when Cloud City was destroyed by the Empire in that particular tale.

My vague memory tells me it's Temura Morrison, yes?

Yes, Morrison supplied the voice for the main clone trooper in Republic Commando. You also got the other questions correct, as did Captain Solo1138.

El Chuxter
03-29-2005, 05:40 PM

I believe that in ESB: Infinities, Lando carbon-froze Boba Fett and used him as a desk to hide the "body" when Vader and the Imperials showed up.

3. Who are Bollux and Blue Max?

Two droids who accompany Han and Chewie on their wacky adventures in the Corporate Sector.

2. During the Clone Wars, the Techno Union experimented on and mutated abducted warriors from what tribal group?

the Nelvan

4. King Gorneesh is chieftan of what Endor tribe?

the tribe of Duloks based closest to Bright Tree Village

Let me know how many (if any) I got right, and I'll throw out some questions.

Slicker
03-29-2005, 07:04 PM
In SOTE, what is the name of Xizor's skyhook?This one almost got overlooked.

I think the answer is The Falleen's Fist.

My turn: According to the newest Insider what does the "IG" before IG-88 stand for?

Ji'dai
03-29-2005, 07:06 PM
Let me know how many (if any) I got right, and I'll throw out some questions.

You got all four correct!

CaptainSolo1138
03-29-2005, 07:15 PM
I think the answer is The Falleen's Fist.

That, my friend, is correct.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-29-2005, 08:06 PM
I don't think there should be any new questions until all these ones get cleared up first, or this thread will unravel pretty quickly (like the metaphor?)

Comics
1. What Jedi Master trained Nomi Sunrider? I know he was a green walk-on-all-fours alien, but I forget his name

2. Dark Horse Comics' title Star Wars became Star Wars: Republic with what issue's release? was it SW:Empire after #50?

3. What is the name of the house-keeping droid that keeps Han Solo's apartment on Nar Shaddaa neat and tidy? Threepio, perhaps?

Television
1. What mined ore is used by the Empire in the construction of their proton torpedoes? I think this is tibanna gas, right?

3. Name three members of the Towani nuclear family. first, it's pronounced "nuke-u-ler," and second, I don't know :p

JediTricks
03-29-2005, 08:35 PM
Thank god. Finally one that I can answer.

The Outrider, Slave I, and the Swoop Bike.
That's a partial answer, but there's more actually.

According to the newest Insider what does the "IG" before IG-88 stand for?I don't get the Insider, but is it "InterGalactic", as in "InterGalactic Banking Clan"?

Slicker
03-29-2005, 08:38 PM
I forgots me some Micro Machines. I'll add the Virago and Guri's ship (I can't think of the name).

You're right on your answer JT.

JediTricks
03-29-2005, 09:04 PM
Good job Slicker, the Virago was indeed the one I was looking for, they made an Action Fleet version which is how it tied into the Action Fleet-based part of the question. Guri's Stinger and the other SOTE MMs didn't count simply because you can't put action figures inside them. ;)

BTW, Hasbro made a Virago toy prototype, but it never came to fruition unfortunately (I can't imagine how that hideously-deformed Outrider which can't even hold a figure got made and the Virago didn't).

Rocketboy
03-29-2005, 10:34 PM
2. Dark Horse Comics' title Star Wars became Star Wars: Republic with what issue's release? 46, I believe.

Ji'dai
03-30-2005, 10:16 AM
1. What Jedi Master trained Nomi Sunrider? I know he was a green walk-on-all-fours alien, but I forget his name
Nomi Sunrider's Master was a quadruped, yes. Still need his/her name though.

2. Dark Horse Comics' title Star Wars became Star Wars: Republic with what issue's release? was it SW:Empire after #50?
Nope, SW: Empire is a separate title.

2. Dark Horse Comics' title Star Wars became Star Wars: Republic with what issue's release?

46, I believe.

Rocketboy is correct. Star Wars was retitled SW: Republic with i.46 October 2002.

3. What is the name of the house-keeping droid that keeps Han Solo's apartment on Nar Shaddaa neat and tidy? Threepio, perhaps?
Nope. Han's apartment dates back to his pre-Rebel Alliance days. He must've had a long lease since this question comes from the time period after ROTJ.

1. What mined ore is used by the Empire in the construction of their proton torpedoes? I think this is tibanna gas, right?
No, Tibanna gas is used as a conducting agent in ship-mounted blasters to increase their energy output. The answer to this question is found in the DROIDS cartoon.

3. Name three members of the Towani nuclear family. first, it's pronounced "nuke-u-ler," and second, I don't know

Maybe if the Towani's had a nuke-u-ler vessel [wessel?] they might've escaped from being shipwrecked sooner.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-31-2005, 08:53 AM
Maybe if the Towani's had a nuke-u-ler vessel [wessel?] they might've escaped from being shipwrecked sooner.
Well, I know Mace, Cindell (sp?), and Mom and Dad (but I don't know their actual names). Will that suffice?

Ji'dai
03-31-2005, 10:01 AM
Well, I know Mace, Cindell (sp?), and Mom and Dad (but I don't know their actual names). Will that suffice?

That's fine. The family that crashes on the Endor moon in The Ewok Adventure [Caravan of Courage] television special is Jeremitt (dad), Catarine (mom), Cindel (sis), and Mace (bro) Towani.

The last three questions and their answers are:

What was the name of the Jedi Master who trained Nomi Sunrider?
Nomi Sunrider was trained by the quadruped Jedi Master Thon on a desolate ringed-planet in the Stenness System. (Dark Horse Comics Tales of the Jedi [Knights of the Old Republic])

What is the name of the house-keeping droid that keeps Han Solo's apartment on Nar Shaddaa neat and tidy?
Solo's house-keeping droid is called ZeeZee. The droid met it's end after being caught in a cross-fire between the Solos and some bounty hunters led by Boba Fett. (Dark Horse Comics Dark Empire)

What mined ore is used by the Empire in the construction of their proton torpedoes?
The Empire uses the highly volatile ore Nergon 14 in the construction of their proton torpedo detonators. (Droids cartoon: The Lost Prince)

Ji'dai
04-01-2005, 09:59 PM
If you're not already out shopping for Star Wars stuff to add to your collections, then I've got four more EU trivia questions ready to wrap your minds around:

1. What Lucas company parodied on a Simpsons episode was so well-liked by George Lucas that he had the segment used as a trailer advertising the company?

BONUS Qestion: Supply the title of The Simpsons episode with that particular parody.

2. Name the primary creative duo behind the 1979-1984 Star Wars daily newspaper comic strip.

3. What Han Solo relative was leader of The Human League? (not the band!)

4. What was the first Star Wars Dark Horse Comics series and how many issues did it run?

Rocketboy
04-02-2005, 02:28 AM
1. What Lucas company parodied on a Simpsons episode was so well-liked by George Lucas that he had the segment used as a trailer advertising the company?THX I believe.

4. What was the first Star Wars Dark Horse Comics series and how many issues did it run?Dark Empire - 6 issues.

JediTricks
04-02-2005, 01:49 PM
BONUS Qestion: Supply the title of The Simpsons episode with that particular parody.

The amazingly memorable "Burns' Heir", where after the THX trailer Monty Burns comes on the screen in a parody of the "Toys" movie's promo trailer (making it one of the strangest references they've ever made in my book).

El Chuxter
04-02-2005, 02:38 PM
Han's relative is Thrackan Sal-Solo. Thanks for dredging up that painful memory.

Ji'dai
04-02-2005, 10:59 PM
1. What Lucas company parodied on a Simpsons episode was so well-liked by George Lucas that he had the segment used as a trailer advertising the company? THX I believe.

4. What was the first Star Wars Dark Horse Comics series and how many issues did it run? Dark Empire - 6 issues.

Correct! The Simpsons parody a THX trailer that is powerful enough to shatter Hans Moleman's glasses, break a man's teeth, make an exit sign explode, pull plaster from the ceiling, and cause a man's head to explode. Then Grandpa exclaims, "Turn it up!"

Dark Horse Comics first Star Wars series was Dark Empire (Dec. 1991-Oct. 1992). Took almost a year to crank out six issues!

BONUS Question: Supply the title of The Simpsons episode with that particular parody. The amazingly memorable "Burns' Heir", where after the THX trailer Monty Burns comes on the screen in a parody of the "Toys" movie's promo trailer (making it one of the strangest references they've ever made in my book).

Correct! Episode 1F16 "Burns' Heir" contained the THX parody. I agree the "Toys" trailer reference is bit obscure, although I'm still cursed with the memory of Robin Williams running around in that grassy field to this day.

3. What Han Solo relative was leader of The Human League? (not the band!) Han's relative is Thrackan Sal-Solo. Thanks for dredging up that painful memory.

Correct! Han Solo's evil cousin, Thracken Sal-Solo, was leader of The Human League in Roger MacBride Allen's The Corellian Trilogy. Although not great literature, it was passable.

-----------------

Still one question left. This is an easy one since these two guys are notable names from the Mighty Marvel Bullpen.

2. Name the primary creative duo behind the 1979-1984 Star Wars daily newspaper comic strip.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-03-2005, 07:20 PM
Still one question left. This is an easy one since these two guys are notable names from the Mighty Marvel Bullpen.

2. Name the primary creative duo behind the 1979-1984 Star Wars daily newspaper comic strip.Williamson and Goodwin.

Ji'dai
04-03-2005, 08:45 PM
2. Name the primary creative duo behind the 1979-1984 Star Wars daily newspaper comic strip. Williamson and Goodwin.

Correct! Artist Al Williamson and writer Archie Goodwin helmed the daily newspaper strip.

JediTricks
04-04-2005, 01:40 AM
Correct! Episode 1F16 "Burns' Heir" contained the THX parody. I agree the "Toys" trailer reference is bit obscure, although I'm still cursed with the memory of Robin Williams running around in that grassy field to this day. You and me both, I actually saw the film and it stunk enough to forget most of it, yet I remember the trailer fairly clearly.

During The Phantom Menace, why does Obi-Wan's lightsaber burn out, what has to happen for Obi-Wan to use it again, and what device prevents future lightsabers from having this problem?

CaptainSolo1138
04-07-2005, 02:44 PM
During The Phantom Menace, why does Obi-Wan's lightsaber burn out, what has to happen for Obi-Wan to use it again, and what device prevents future lightsabers from having this problem?[/b]
I'm fairly sure the answer to the first 1/3 of the question is that it gets wet. In order for Obi to use it again, I'll say that Qui-Gon must first scold him and then it has to be set on a towel on the kitchen counter for a few hours to dry. To prevent anymore Jedi from experiencing this embarassing situation, the Order now insists that all Jedi carry their lightsabers in Wal-Mart bags (Blue for the master and white for the apprentice).

JediTricks
04-08-2005, 05:49 PM
It does get wet, that's right. Obi-Wan cuts his way out of a Trade Federation Landing Craft's hull and falls in a marsh if I recall correctly.

So, what about the other 2 parts to the question? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Fry? Fry?

Bel-Cam Jos
04-08-2005, 07:55 PM
So, what about the other 2 parts to the question? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Fry? Fry? I would only know this answer if I checked the TPM novel, and I don't want to cheat that way. :p I can cheat in other ways... :rolleyes: I recal that Qui-Gon gets on Obi-Wan about "you know you're supposed to..." and that's where the answer lies. I think he just has to wait a certain amount of time for it to recharge or dry out, and perhaps that future lightsabers... come with a warning label? :confused: Like a cut-down tree, I'm stu... ck.

JediTricks
04-08-2005, 10:45 PM
Recharge is correct, that's what has to happen for it to work again, Obi-Wan left it in "standby" mode instead of fully off and when he fell into the water, even though the blade wasn't ignited it shorted out and drained the power cells. As for how this is avoided in the future, anybody? Anybody? This one is from a fairly rare piece of EU I guess, one of the reference books of the era.

Ji'dai
04-30-2005, 03:53 PM
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{CRICKETS}}}}}}}}}}} }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Not one among you can answer JT's question?

InsaneJediGirl
04-30-2005, 10:50 PM
I'm going to guess as I'm not sure.

The emitter matrix was changed to handle water and keep the lightsaber from "shorting" out.

JediTricks
05-01-2005, 04:36 PM
It was a "flashback waterseal", according to the Running Press pocket guide "Star Wars Episode I What's What" (a Lucas Books book). Now how's THAT for EU? :D I just checked, there is NO reference to the flashback seal on google, that's the kind of trivia I like. :evil:

Bel-Cam Jos
06-15-2005, 07:42 PM
What does it mean when a Twi'lek does not have an apostrophe (like > ' < one o' these) in his/her name, a la Bib Fortuna?

CaptainSolo1138
06-15-2005, 08:31 PM
Banished from their homeworld?

VaderhitsJarjar
06-15-2005, 09:25 PM
they are a unic?

JediTricks
06-15-2005, 10:40 PM
What does it mean when a Twi'lek does not have an apostrophe (like > ' < one o' these) in his/her name, a la Bib Fortuna?
They don't have some hack-created EU name. :p

Bel-Cam Jos
06-16-2005, 09:53 AM
Banished from their homeworld?You are close enough, CS1138. They have brought shame and disgrace to their clan due to their actions and therefore are not considered a part of it anymore. Now, as your prize, you get to ask one of yours, Captain!

BTW, Jedi Tricks' answer was so wrong, that I am going to have to resort to using a smiley that doesn't even fit the emotion for what I'm feeling... :greedy:

CaptainSolo1138
06-16-2005, 10:11 AM
Not a huge EU fan but, honoring my prize, here goes:

What is the name of the Rodian who accomodates Lando, Leia, and the droids in "Shadows of the Empire"? Bonus points: How is he related to Greedo?

Rocketboy
06-16-2005, 04:00 PM
Avaro, Greedo's cousin, IIRC.

CaptainSolo1138
06-16-2005, 04:10 PM
Avaro, Greedo's cousin, IIRC.
The first half is right, but you missed the "bonus".

Rocketboy
06-16-2005, 04:22 PM
I was close, Avaro is Greedo's uncle (but I had to look it up).

Ji'dai
07-06-2005, 06:56 PM
More questions that need answers -

1. Who slew Luuke Skywalker, thus fulfilling the Emperor's command that he/she kill the son of Darth Vader?

2. What Black Sun operative gave Princess Leia the bounty hunter Boushh's helmet and gear?
BONUS QUESTION:
Thus aided by Black Sun, what place was Leia attempting to infiltrate disguised as Boushh?

3. What Imperial Navy officer was responsible for unleashing the Sun Crusher?

4. What is Sample B-2332-54, recovered by the Empire at Cloud City?

Rocketboy
07-06-2005, 07:09 PM
1. Who slew Luuke Skywalker, thus fulfilling the Emperor's command that he/she kill the son of Darth Vader?I'm guessing Mara Jade.

2. What Black Sun operative gave Princess Leia the bounty hunter Boushh's helmet and gear?
BONUS QUESTION:
Thus aided by Black Sun, what place was Leia attempting to infiltrate disguised as Boushh?Part 1 - Guri.
Part 2 - She was using the disguise to get onto Coruscant without being detected.

Ji'dai
07-06-2005, 08:44 PM
1. Who slew Luuke Skywalker, thus fulfilling the Emperor's command that he/she kill the son of Darth Vader? I'm guessing Mara Jade.

Correct! Mara Jade killed Luuke Skywalker, a clone of Luke Skywalker. => Timothy Zahn's The Last Command (Thrawn Trilogy)

2. What Black Sun operative gave Princess Leia the bounty hunter Boushh's helmet and gear? Part 1 - Guri.
BONUS QUESTION: Thus aided by Black Sun, what place was Leia attempting to infiltrate disguised as Boushh? Part 2 - She was using the disguise to get onto Coruscant without being detected.

Nicely Done! Black Sun agent Guri supplied Leia with Boushh's gear so she could pass through Coruscant customs undetected. => Steve Perry's Shadows of the Empire

====

Still two questions left:

3. What Imperial Navy officer was responsible for unleashing the Sun Crusher?

4. What is Sample B-2332-54, recovered by the Empire at Cloud City?

JediTricks
07-06-2005, 10:06 PM
4. What is Sample B-2332-54, recovered by the Empire at Cloud City?Isn't that Luke's hand, which was used to make his clone? (which is also where the clone gets the ANH/ESB saber from, IIRC.)

JediTricks
07-06-2005, 10:10 PM
3. What Imperial Navy officer was responsible for unleashing the Sun Crusher?I thought Kyp Durron unleashed it, but I don't remember anything about him being an Imp.

Ji'dai
07-06-2005, 11:11 PM
3. What Imperial Navy officer was responsible for unleashing the Sun Crusher? I thought Kyp Durron unleashed it, but I don't remember anything about him being an Imp.
I was thinking of Admiral Daala, concubine of Tarkin, who was in charge of the research installation that developed the Sun Crusher. But yeah, you're right, Daala never actually got to use it since it was commandeered by Solo and Chewie, et al, in their escape from that installation. It was later stolen and "unleashed" by Kyp Durron when he fell under the influence of Exar Kun and the Dark Side.

4. What is Sample B-2332-54, recovered by the Empire at Cloud City? Isn't that Luke's hand, which was used to make his clone? (which is also where the clone gets the ANH/ESB saber from, IIRC.)
Correct! Sample B-2332-54 was Luke's severed right hand, recovered by the Empire at Cloud City, and used to make a clone. As you mentioned, the saber was also recovered too and was later given to Mara Jade after the clone was killed. => Timothy Zahn's Thrawn Trilogy

JediTricks
07-07-2005, 12:17 AM
Scary that I absorbed any of that info at all. :crazed: :D

Bel-Cam Jos
07-08-2005, 08:02 PM
What was the prized item found in Darth Vader's fortress on Vjun?

El Chuxter
07-11-2005, 01:16 PM
Obi-Wan Kenobi's lightsaber. (Although you could argue for it being the holo of Luke, depending upon how you define "prized.")

Bel-Cam Jos
07-11-2005, 11:08 PM
Obi-Wan Kenobi's lightsaber. (Although you could argue for it being the holo of Luke, depending upon how you define "prized.")Actually, I was going for the Playboy poster that Vader nabbed from the Blockade Runner, but I'll accept your answer, El C. :p

Ji'dai
07-14-2005, 11:06 AM
Do you really know your Sith? Answer these questions and reveal yourself to the Jedi. At last, we will have revenge!

1. What common destiny do these following four Jedi share: K'Kruhk, Jmmaar, Puroth, and Nystammall?

2. What notable Jedi hails from the Serenno System?

3. Name at least three prominent citizens that reside in the swanky apartment complex at Five Hundred Republica on Coruscant.

4. What type of media in the Jedi Temple Archive was restricted to only Jedi Master access some seventy years prior to the events of Revenge of the Sith?

BONUS QUESTION: What incident caused the Jedi to restrict access to this media and who was responsible for it?

Bel-Cam Jos
07-15-2005, 11:11 AM
Do you really know your Sith? Answer these questions and reveal yourself to the Jedi. At last, we will have revenge!

1. What common destiny do these following four Jedi share: K'Kruhk, Jmmaar, Puroth, and Nystammall?That they will find the rare Yoda can?

2. What notable Jedi hails from the Serenno System?D'Burgerac?

3. Name at least three prominent citizens that reside in the swanky apartment complex at Five Hundred Republica on Coruscant.Senator/Chancellor Palpatine, Senator Padme Amidala, and Aks Moe?

4. What type of media in the Jedi Temple Archive was restricted to only Jedi Master access some seventy years prior to the events of Revenge of the Sith?Sith Holocrons?

BONUS QUESTION: What incident caused the Jedi to restrict access to this media and who was responsible for it?The Pentagon Holocrons debacle, where several Padawans broke into the Archives to steal a file, to help out former Supreme Chancellor Neek Sonn?

Ji'dai
07-15-2005, 05:19 PM
1. What common destiny do these following four Jedi share: K'Kruhk, Jmmaar, Puroth, and Nystammall? That they will find the rare Yoda can?
Nah, the four were destined to find blue and green lightsaber spoons rather than only red ones. Nice try, but incorrect!

2. What notable Jedi hails from the Serenno System? D'Burgerac?
Nope! I didn't think of that - Cyrano (Serenno) de Bergerac. This might be worthy of another entry in the "Jabba's Skiff Guards" thread. The Jedi in question may be considered to possess the elegance and eloquence of de Bergerac.

3. Name at least three prominent citizens that reside in the swanky apartment complex at Five Hundred Republica on Coruscant. Senator/Chancellor Palpatine, Senator Padme Amidala, and Aks Moe?
You got two of the three: Chancellor Palpatine and Senator Padme Amidala both reside in the residential complex at 500 Republica. Aks Moe was no longer a Senator from Malastare at the time of ROTS.

4. What type of media in the Jedi Temple Archive was restricted to only Jedi Master access some seventy years prior to the events of Revenge of the Sith? Sith Holocrons?
I'll give it to you, although it was all Holocrons, not just Sith ones. Access to the Jedi Holocrons, cubes that contain the collective wisdom of the greatest of all Jedi, were restricted to Jedi Masters seventy years prior to Revenge of the Sith.

BONUS QUESTION: What incident caused the Jedi to restrict access to this media and who was responsible for it? The Pentagon Holocrons debacle, where several Padawans broke into the Archives to steal a file, to help out former Supreme Chancellor Neek Sonn?
Uh, nope. What source is your answer from?

Hint: All of my questions are based on information in the ROTS novelization.

Ji'dai
07-20-2005, 03:01 PM
Read Mathew Stover's Revenge of the Sith did you? Realize not, a quiz there would be? Hmmm?

1. What common destiny do these following four Jedi share: K'Kruhk, Jmmaar, Puroth, and Nystammall?

3. Name at least three prominent citizens that reside in the swanky apartment complex at Five Hundred Republica on Coruscant.
Bel-Cam Jos got two: Padme Amidala and Chancellor Palpatine

4. What type of media in the Jedi Temple Archive was restricted to only Jedi Master access some seventy years prior to the events of Revenge of the Sith?
Bel-Cam Jos got this one: Access to Jedi Holocrons were restricted to Masters only

BONUS QUESTION: What incident caused the Jedi to restrict access to this media and who was responsible for it?

El Chuxter
07-20-2005, 03:24 PM

They were all killed by Grievous and he uses their lightsabers during the events of ROTS.

Dooku, if you're counting former Jedi.

Ji'dai
07-22-2005, 10:37 AM
1. What common destiny do these following four Jedi share: K'Kruhk, Jmmaar, Puroth, and Nystammall? They were all killed by Grievous and he uses their lightsabers during the events of ROTS.Correct! The Jedi K'Kruhk, Jmmaar, Puroth, and Nystammall were killed by General Grievous. The four lightsabers that hang from his waist belonged to these fallen Jedi. Grievous kept them as trophies. K'Kruhk was slain at Hypori, Jmmaar at Vandos, and Puroth and Nystammall were killed together on Tovarski.
2. What notable Jedi hails from the Serenno System? Dooku, if you're counting former Jedi. Correct! Dooku is from the Serenno System where he retains his hereditary title as Count.

I'll go ahead and throw out the last name for this one -

3. Name at least three prominent citizens that reside in the swanky apartment complex at Five Hundred Republica on Coruscant. Senator Padme Amidala-Skywalker, Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, and Raith Sienar (of Sienar Systems) all reside at 500 Republica on Coruscant. Mace Windu tracked Darth Sidious to the sub-basement of this apartment complex, leading the Jedi Council to believe that the Sith Lord was part of Palpatine's inner circle.

---

Still one left (this one has passing reference in both Labyrinth of Evil and ROTS but it is explained in more detail in the Legacy of the Jedi by Jude Watson:

BONUS QUESTION: What incident caused the Jedi to restrict access to the Holocrons and who was responsible for it?

El Chuxter
07-22-2005, 01:12 PM
Haven't read Legacy yet, so I'll have to pass on that. But by my reckoning, I get to ask two! :D

1) Who told Emperor Palpatine, approximately 16-20 years after the events of ROTS, where the Jedi Master known only as The Dark Woman was hiding?

2) What is the name of Senator Grebleips' homeworld?

Bel-Cam Jos
07-22-2005, 11:41 PM
1) Who told Emperor Palpatine, approximately 16-20 years after the events of ROTS, where the Jedi Master known only as The Dark Woman was hiding?

#1: CockRobin?
#2: The Planet of the E.T.s?

I've read Legacy, but I can't recall why Holocrons were a no-no. :confused:

BTW, I should've known the Serrano/Dooku question. Stupid, stupid, STUPID! :bored:

Ji'dai
07-23-2005, 09:10 PM
I've read Legacy, but I can't recall why Holocrons were a no-no.
I haven't read them either, but it has to do with the recurring character in that series. The answer is also mentioned in the ROTS novel, since Anakin wanted to achieve the rank of Master so he could have access to the Jedi Holocrons, hoping to discover knowledge on prolonging life - to save Padme. The Council refused to elevate him to that level even though Palpatine appointed him to the body.

Ji'dai
07-29-2005, 11:30 PM
Must have stumped the board. Still some questions that need answers -

BONUS QUESTION: What incident caused the Jedi to restrict access to the Holocrons and who was responsible for it?

----

Ji'dai
08-09-2005, 10:57 AM

Okay, here is the answer -

An apprentice, Lorian Nod, stole a Sith Holocron from the Jedi Temple. Nod was dismissed from the Jedi Order and turned to piracy. Sources: ROTS novelization; Legacy of the Jedi

El Chuxter
08-09-2005, 01:01 PM
All right, no one wants to dig for some answers:

1) A young Mara Jade (probably around 16-18) informed Palpatine of the Dark Woman's hiding place and wanted to kill her herself. But Vader got the job and kicked her butt.

2) Grebleips (spell it backwards for the homage to the character's creator) is said to come from the world Po Nudo, an homage to the name of ET's homeworld in the ET follow-up book ("The Green Planet"?).

Okay, someone throw out some questions that somebody may actually want to answer. I'm tired. :p

Bel-Cam Jos
08-10-2005, 11:21 AM
All right, no one wants to dig for some answers:

Okay, someone throw out some questions that somebody may actually want to answer. I'm tired. :pThen here goes:
Explain the qualities, properties or functions of the following materials in the SW universe:
a) transparisteel
b) cortosis
c) flimsiplast
d) ferrocrete

CaptainSolo1138
08-10-2005, 11:30 AM
Explain the qualities, properties or functions of the following materials in the SW universe:
a) transparisteel

That's what windows are made of, if I'm not mistaken.

Slicker
08-10-2005, 06:38 PM
b) cortosis
Isn't this the only mineral that a lightsaber can't cut through.

Ji'dai
08-10-2005, 06:54 PM
Then here goes:
c) flimsiplast
d) ferrocrete Flimsiplast is like paper or a maybe a plastic material with information printed on it.

Ferrocrete is like concrete or some other type of mortared material used for landing pads or buildings. Some authors, like Brian Daley, called it duracrete.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-11-2005, 05:42 PM
All were correct, even the duracrete/ferocrete duality. Well, so much for questions taking long times to answer... :sur:

Ji'dai
08-11-2005, 10:49 PM
You say you want more Revenge of the Sith EU trivia? Well, here are four more questions to whet your appetite and test the limits of your Star Wars knowledge.

1. Name the Lieutenant Commander of the RSS Integrity, (later an Imperial Star Destroyer Captain in The Empire Strikes Back) who offered General Grievous the chance to surrender his ship Invisible Hand during the Battle of Coruscant.

2. What object was contained within the abstract sculpture of neuranium that adorned Chancellor Palpatine's office?

3. Vaapad, the seventh form of lightsaber combat - a lethal, killing form - allows the user to draw upon and channel one's inner darkness, a "path that leads through the penumbra of the dark side." Name its creator and only master/practitioner.

BONUS QUESTION: What form of lightsaber combat is used by Master Yoda?

4. Name two of the four representatives from the Delegation of the Two Thousand who met with Chancellor Palpatine.

InsaneJediGirl
08-11-2005, 11:18 PM
1)Needa (?)

2) Palpys Lightsaber

3) Mace Windu

Bonus : I'm going to guess Form Four

4)Padme and Bail

Ji'dai
08-12-2005, 10:54 AM
1. Name the Lieutenant Commander of the RSS Integrity, (later an Imperial Star Destroyer Captain in The Empire Strikes Back) who offered General Grievous the chance to surrender his ship Invisible Hand during the Battle of Coruscant. Needa (?) Correct! Lieutenant Commander Lorth Needa, later Captain of the Star Destroyer Avenger, offered Grievous the chance to surrender during the Battle of Coruscant. Needa was force-strangled by Darth Vader after losing pursuit of the Millennium Falcon.
2. What object was contained within the abstract sculpture of neuranium that adorned Chancellor Palpatine's office? Palpys Lightsaber Correct! The sculpture concealed Palpatine's lightsaber, hidden inside decades before.
3. Vaapad, the seventh form of lightsaber combat - a lethal, killing form - allows the user to draw upon and channel one's inner darkness, a "path that leads through the penumbra of the dark side." Name its creator and only master/practitioner. Mace Windu Correct! Mace Windu invented Vaapad and was its only living master.
BONUS QUESTION: What form of lightsaber combat is used by Master Yoda? I'm going to guess Form Four Your insight serves you well! Yoda is a master of Ataro, the fourth form of lightsaber combat, which compensates for his limited reach and mobility due to his small stature and age.
4. Name two of the four representatives from the Delegation of the Two Thousand who met with Chancellor Palpatine. Padme and Bail
You got one of those two Senators correct!

--
Still one question left -
4. Name two of the four representatives from the Delegation of the Two Thousand who met with Chancellor Palpatine.

CaptainSolo1138
08-12-2005, 11:27 AM
Was another one of the represenatives Mon Mothma?

Umbra
08-12-2005, 11:45 AM
Padme Amidala and I believe Fang Zar was another

Ji'dai
08-12-2005, 12:42 PM
Padme Amidala and I believe Fang Zar was another
Ee-choo-wa-wa! That is correct. Fang Zar (friend of Garm Bel Iblis from Corellia), Nee Alavar, Male-Dee, and Padme Amidala were the four Senators from the Delegation of the Two-Thousand who met with Chancellor Palpatine.

El Chuxter
08-12-2005, 01:05 PM
#3's only half right. You didn't specify living practitioner when you initially asked the question, so Sora Bulq is the other half.

I don't recall whether Mace ever taught Depa Billaba any of the techniques involved in Vaapad or not.

Umbra
08-12-2005, 01:38 PM
Depa was taught Vaapaad aswell

And since i got the petition of 2000 right i guess i get to ask one

1. Who/What killed Duron Qel-Droma?

Ji'dai
08-13-2005, 11:12 AM
#3's only half right. You didn't specify living practitioner when you initially asked the question, so Sora Bulq is the other half.

I don't recall whether Mace ever taught Depa Billaba any of the techniques involved in Vaapad or not. Bulq and Billaba neither created nor mastered Vaapad. Jedi may learn the various forms before settling into one particular form to master. Bulq may have used the form, but in the end it mastered him since he fell to the dark side. You could say that Grievous was technically a practitioner of Vaapad since he adapted to and learned the form as he was fighting Windu during the Battle of Coruscant. Still, Mace was Vaapad's only true master/practitioner since he developed it.

Ji'dai
08-18-2005, 07:12 PM
1. Who/What killed Duron Qel-Droma? Duron Qel-Droma, kinsman to Cay and Ulic Qel-Droma, was killed by a nasty little beasty called a Terentatek on the Sith world of Korriban.

---

What book by this prolific horror novelist featured a Dr. Doom-costumed robotic mounted cavalry armed with Harry Potter-model explosive Snitches and Star Wars lightsabers?

El Chuxter
08-19-2005, 11:11 AM
C'mon, you know I'm a Dark Tower fan. (Well, up until that POS 7th book.)

Dark Tower V: The Wolves of the Calla, by Stephen King. And they were "sneetches," Model JKR-[some number], Harry Potter model.

What bounty hunter from at least one SW film tracked Senior Anthropologist Hoole to Dagobah and encountered Yoda there?

Ji'dai
08-19-2005, 11:35 AM
Yes, that's correct, even the use of the word "Sneetches" rather than [Golden] Snitch. North Central Positronics, force of evil in many worlds and pawn of the Crimson King, apparently still fears copyright infringement lawsuits :D

Bel-Cam Jos
08-19-2005, 03:17 PM
What bounty hunter from at least one SW film tracked Senior Anthropologist Hoole to Dagobah and encountered Yoda there?I believe it was Boba Fett, from the Galaxy of Fear series. Wasn't that the book where the marooned explorers resorted to cannibalism? :eek:

El Chuxter
08-19-2005, 03:25 PM
Correct you are, BCJ(3). :)

A goofy book that seems to have absolutely no place in the canon following the revelations of Fett's origins in AOTC, but that I'm sure Lucasfilm will squeeze in there somehow anyway.

Maybe we can assume that "off-camera," Yoda pulled a mind-trick on Boba. "Forget me, you shall, son of Jango. Tell your Master where I am hiding, you will not."

:whip:

Ji'dai
09-15-2005, 11:13 AM
Jabba the Hutt orders you to get out of Mos Eisley before the Twin Suns set, or he'll be callin' you out. But before you saddle up and jump off-planet, answer these trivia questions:

1. What famed blaster-slinger hunted down and confronted Han Solo in a duel-to-the-death in the treasure vaults of Xim the Despot?

2. The term "spacing" refers to what type of execution method?

BONUS QUESTION: What is the formal name of the red or yellow piping that adorns Han Solo's trousers?

3. Splinter of the Mind's Eye, the first Star Wars Expanded Universe title, was written by what author?

4. According to spacer legend, what treasure ship, laden with the spoils of conquest of Xim the Despot, was lost and is presumed still adrift somewhere in space?

CaptainSolo1138
09-15-2005, 11:52 AM
BONUS QUESTION: What is the formal name of the red or yellow piping that adorns Han Solo's trousers?

Correlian Blood Stripes

Ji'dai
09-15-2005, 11:57 AM
Correlian Blood Stripes Correct! The Corellian military awards the Bloodstripe for heroism and valor during duty.

El Chuxter
09-15-2005, 12:55 PM
First one is Gallandro. And Splinter is Alan Dean Foster.

Ji'dai
09-15-2005, 01:29 PM
First one is Gallandro. And Splinter is Alan Dean Foster. Both correct! Gallandro, a blaster-for-hire, was reknowned for his speed-draw. Splinter of the Mind's Eye was authored by Alan Dean Foster.

===

4. According to spacer legend, what treasure ship, laden with the spoils of conquest of Xim the Despot, was lost and is presumed still adrift somewhere in space?

JediTricks
09-15-2005, 05:47 PM
2. The term "spacing" refers to what type of execution method?Ejecting someone into the vacuum of space. Star Wars is not the first sci-fi to use this term.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-15-2005, 05:53 PM
===

I believe "spacing" is wiping one's mind, right?

It wouldn't be The Lucky Despot that crashed and is used as a building in Mos Eisley, would it?

Slicker
09-15-2005, 08:30 PM
It wouldn't be The Lucky Despot that crashed and is used as a building in Mos Eisley, would it?If you're thinking of the ship I'm thinking of (the one nose down at an angle when they take the wide shot) then that ship is named the Dowager Queen.

Ji'dai
09-15-2005, 11:25 PM
Ejecting someone into the vacuum of space. Star Wars is not the first sci-fi to use this term. That's correct. "Spacing" is a method of execution where the victim is exposed to the cold vaccuum of space, usually through an airlock or a cargo bay. Spacings often occur near the victim's planet, so the burning body is visible from the ground as it re-enters the atmosphere.

===
Okay, still one left, and the ship in question is more of a ghost ship, with occasional sightings over the centuries by freighter captains or smugglers which keep the legend alive:

JediTricks
09-16-2005, 01:56 AM
I cheated and looked it up because I just couldn't believe how silly it sounded, the answers I found with the details around them were actually far sillier. :p Like something out of the old Flash Gordon serial, very Ming the Merciless type stuff. ;) I won't spoil it for anybody who wants to try to answer it though.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-16-2005, 08:52 PM
If you're thinking of the ship I'm thinking of (the one nose down at an angle when they take the wide shot) then that ship is named the Dowager Queen.I thought that TLD was Lady Valarian's casino that was made out of a crashed freighter.

I know the Xim one, I just can't recall it (and I don't want to CHEAT like JT and use source materials to answer questions... :rolleyes: ) right now.

Ji'dai
09-24-2005, 12:22 PM
Okay, still one left, and the ship in question is more of a ghost ship, with occasional sightings over the centuries by freighter captains or smugglers which keep the legend alive:

4. According to spacer legend, what treasure ship, laden with the spoils of conquest of Xim the Despot, was lost and is presumed still adrift somewhere in space? And the answer is.... Queen of Ranroon

Ji'dai
09-26-2005, 12:11 PM
Unlearn what you have learned and pose answers to these mysteries:

1. What is a "wokling?"

2. The Outlaw Techs, a group of technicians and mechanics who offer after-market and often illegal ship and equipment upgrades, operate in and around the sectors controlled by what autonomous government organization chartered by the Empire?

3. The "Cron Drift" is what type of interstellar object?

4. What are the names of Tatooine's binary stars?

Umbra
09-26-2005, 12:26 PM
Unlearn what you have learned and pose answers to these mysteries:

1. What is a "wokling?"

2. The Outlaw Techs, a group of technicians and mechanics who offer after-market and often illegal ship and equipment upgrades, operate in and around the sectors controlled by what autonomous government organization chartered by the Empire?

4. What are the names of Tatooine's binary stars?

1. A baby Ewok o_O

4. Isn't it Tatoo 1 and Tatoo 2?

Ji'dai
09-26-2005, 01:37 PM
1. A baby Ewok o_O

4. Isn't it Tatoo 1 and Tatoo 2? That's correct! A wokling is a baby Ewok. And Tatooine's suns are named Tatoo I and Tatoo II.

===

El Chuxter
09-26-2005, 03:14 PM
I'm guessing #2 is the Corporate Sector?

Ji'dai
09-26-2005, 06:00 PM
I'm guessing #2 is the Corporate Sector? Yes. The Corporate Sector Authority was chartered by the Empire to govern certain sectors. Han and Chewie often made runs through Corporate Sector space in their pre-revolutionary days.

===
One left -

Slicker
09-26-2005, 06:30 PM
3. The "Cron Drift" is what type of interstellar object?Is it the remnants of a supernova. I recall reading or seeing something about that but not sure.

Ji'dai
09-27-2005, 10:48 AM
Is it the remnants of a supernova. I recall reading or seeing something about that but not sure. That's correct. The Cron Drift is a nebula formed when the three stars in that system went supernova.

JediTricks
09-27-2005, 07:27 PM
That's correct! ...Tatooine's suns are named Tatoo I and Tatoo II.Dang, I was so close, I was going to say "Use Your Illusion I & II". :p

Ji'dai
09-28-2005, 10:50 AM
Dang, I was so close, I was going to say "Use Your Illusion I & II". :p Heck you might be right when Lucas finishes the Star Wars Super Special Editions. Imagine Old Ben taking on "Doc" Binks and Ponda Baba in the Cantina to the accompaniment of GN'R's "Welcome to the Jungle."

"Yousa just watch yourself. Weesa wanted mens. Issa have de deth sentence onna twelve systems, meesa doo."

Bel-Cam Jos
10-01-2005, 10:03 AM
Heck you might be right when Lucas finishes the Star Wars Super Special Editions. Imagine Old Ben taking on "Doc" Binks and Ponda Baba in the Cantina to the accompaniment of GN'R's "Welcome to the Jungle."
No, no, NO! This is how he'll do it:
Ben sees a spirit form of Shmi Skywalker (younger, played by Jessica Alba, or someone) in the back of the cantina, cradling her empty arms and looking sad, accompanied by GNR's "Sweet Child o' Mine." ;)

I suggest a new question, R2: who (or whom?) should you let win?

And a more legitimate question: what color are these EU characters' lightsabers...
a) Corran Horn
b) Lowbacca
c) Jaina Solo
d) Kyp Durron

JediTricks
10-01-2005, 02:32 PM
A) Taupe
B) Brown
C) Sheer
D) Nude

El Chuxter
10-03-2005, 01:16 PM
And a more legitimate question: what color are these EU characters' lightsabers...
a) Corran Horn

Originally a two-phase model with white and green blades. One of them malfunctioned, I believe the white, and it's now a plain old green (?) model.

b) Lowbacca

Red? Don't recall for sure.

Umbra
10-04-2005, 12:26 AM
off the top of my head i seem to recall

b) Lowbacca
yellow
c) Jaina Solo
red-purple
d) Kyp Durron
green

Bel-Cam Jos
10-05-2005, 11:08 PM
Of course, JT got them all correct.

(pause)

Ahem. So, now that that's out of the way, :rolleyes: by my memory, Lowbacca's is a kind of bronze-yellow, Jaina's is purple-violet, but the Corran and Kyp one's are different than what's been guessed.

JediTricks
10-06-2005, 03:37 PM
Lightsaber colors? I thought you were asking about their pantyhose colors. :p

Bel-Cam Jos
10-16-2005, 10:37 AM
a) Corran Horn
b) Lowbacca
c) Jaina Solo
d) Kyp Durron
And since this has been a dud...
a) Silver (it was a two-color one, but the other's broke now)
b) Bronze (I accept yellow or orange)
c) Purple (I accept violet)
d) See 'c' above
?Si'?

El Chuxter
10-17-2005, 12:50 PM
Dangit! I knew one of them broke, but I thought it was the silver phase. (I recall the problem was caused by a "diamond" that turned out to be Kubaz zirconium, this being possibly the worst pun in SW history.)

Umbra
10-18-2005, 12:35 AM
Dangit! I knew one of them broke, but I thought it was the silver phase. (I recall the problem was caused by a "diamond" that turned out to be Kubaz zirconium, this being possibly the worst pun in SW history.)

Worst pun? You obviously havent read the Medstar books...ug. they tried to make star wars versions of every clishe in the boook. They did metion a Pan Galactic Gargle Buster though

Ji'dai
02-21-2006, 07:18 PM
1. Senator Fang Zar, vocal opponent of Palpatine and signatory of the Petition of the Two Thousand, was assassinated by what Imperial agent while trying to flee Alderaan?

2. What is the function of an Interdictor-class cruiser?

BONUS QUESTION: Give two tactical reasons for deploying an Interdictor cruiser.

3. What Clone Commander, head of the infamous 501st Legion that crushed the Jedi rebellion at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, was beheaded by Jedi Master Roan Shryne during the Kashyyyk "uprising?"

4. Wookies were captured during the Kashyyyk "uprising" for use as slave labor on what Imperial construction project?

El Chuxter
02-21-2006, 07:22 PM
1) I believe Vader sliced him in two.

2) Prevents ships from traveling in hyperspace by creating an artificial mass shadow. This can be used to block traffic into and out of a system, effectively blockading a system; to prevent enemies from retreating; or to draw enemies out of hyperspace.

3) Appo

4) The Death Star

Name everyone who knew, prior to ROTS, that Palpatine was the Sith Lord Darth Sidious, as well as two high-ranking officers in the Empire who worked for him under both of his identities and may or may not have been aware that they were the same person?

Ji'dai
02-21-2006, 07:34 PM
GM Chrysler, I think we'll have to impose a 1-day handicap on you and (maybe Bel-Cam Jos) on answering trivia in this thread! Anyway, correct on all four. An Interdictor creates an artificial gravity well, or "mass shadow," in its vicinity for the tactical reasons you pretty well covered.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-21-2006, 07:46 PM
Name everyone who knew, prior to ROTS, that Palpatine was the Sith Lord Darth Sidious, as well as two high-ranking officers in the Empire who worked for him under both of his identities and may or may not have been aware that they were the same person?
1) Count Dooku
2) Darth Maul (dead :dead: )
3) Mas Amedda
4) Those two Imperial Dignitaries made into figures in the Hasbro SAGA line
5) General Grievous
6) Aks Moe
7) Sly Moore
8) Grand Moff Tarkin
9) Iseard (sp?)
10) Beru Whitesun
11) Deak Starkiller
12) Lance Alworth
13) Dick Clark
14) Mithrawn'odoowopshebop
15) Darth McBane
16) Ephant Mon
17) Zorba the Hutt
18) Zippy the Jedi Droid
19) Jaxx
20) Skorr
21) Nomi Sunrider
22) No, ME Sunrider!
23) No, YOU Sunrider!
24) Bel-Cam Jos III
25) Baron George Lucas-Is-In-The-Scene
26) Jar Jar Binks
27) Queen Mother Ta'Chume
28) Jango Fett
29) Mr. Bo Jangles
30) My give up...

Ji'dai
03-06-2006, 01:14 PM
14) Mithrawn'odoowopshebop
Commander Mitth'raw'nuruodo of the Chiss Expansionary Defense Fleet, but you can call him Thrawn for short.

Kinman Doriana, a.k.a. Commander Stratis, a.k.a. Defender, a.k.a. Dr. Nguyen Van Thok, human aide to Palpatine who secretly reports to Darth Sidious.

Vicelord Siv Kav, Neimoidian Trade Federation bigwig in cohoots with Sidious too.

The other Separatist Council leaders who I don't know well enough to name.