PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Madness Policy (question, Im sure noone asked yet)

Flyin_Solo
03-29-2005, 12:30 PM
Ok I posted in the MM thread and im starting my own, to be sure.

I live in a small town, well all of the towns in ND are small but Minot is smaller.
Our wal-mart is indeed open 24 hours, its even participating in 48 hours of the force,

Yet my store is not listed as a mdinight madness store, I figure this means one of two things:

Toys will not be stocked at 12:00AM they will put them out later..which will make me sad
OR
There wont be early bird certificates, which will make me happy.

Anyone have any idea as to which it is? Thanks

Battle Droid
03-29-2005, 12:45 PM
I think the Midnight Madness list is just for Wal-Mart's that aren't open 24 hours, they'll be opening at 12:01 to sell the toys.

Wal-Mart's that are always open for 24 hours will be having Midnight Madness.

Flyin_Solo
03-29-2005, 01:02 PM
Well Im not so sure of that.
I used to live in Colorado Springs, all of those stores are 24 hour super wal-marts, and those stores are on the list.
The dinky one here isn't super, and its open 24 hours except saturday nights/sunday mornings.
So Thank for the input but the question remains unanswered.

mm74md
03-29-2005, 01:24 PM
My WM is on the list & is open 24 hours. I can't wait to see all the "regular" shoppers who are at Wal Mart at 12:01 Friday Night/Saturday morning.

dindae
03-29-2005, 02:24 PM
During the last two midnight madness I went to Wal-Mart. There was no official hoopla about it except they knew we would be there. They had it all out and ready but wouldn't let anyone touch it until time. So just call the local store and talk to a manager by now they should know what they are planning for the weekend. Because regardless of what happens anywhere else your store is going to do what they are going to do.

Flyin_Solo
03-29-2005, 03:26 PM
UPDATE: Starwars.hasbro.com edited the MM lists, they obviously had the 2 mixed around! More stores are open for MM then for 48hours of the force now!

Battle Droid
03-29-2005, 04:11 PM
My Wal-Mart isn't on the 48 hours of the Force list, even though they have a Vader security shroud up front that says Celebrate the Star Wars Saga at Wal-Mart on April 2nd & 3rd, which is The 48 hours of the Force.

Kidhuman
03-30-2005, 12:48 AM
I think the Midnight Madness list is just for Wal-Mart's that aren't open 24 hours, they'll be opening at 12:01 to sell the toys.

My store is 24 hours, both of them, and they are on the list for MM and Tent Sale

bobafrett
03-30-2005, 07:01 AM
My store is 24 hours, both of them, and they are on the list for MM and Tent Sale

My store has been on the "tent" event list, but because the company that is doing this event, failed to get permits from the village, we are no longer having the "tent". My store also wouldn't pay an extra set of people to work after midnight so we could have a MM sale, so everyone will just have to wait until morning, like 7 am.

Flyin_Solo
03-30-2005, 03:23 PM
I think my town isnt big enough to warrant a full on MM anyway, even if there are other collectors, they'll be at target in the mroning to buy their stuff not walmart due to vader. SO hopefully eerything will be stocked friday night.

Dark Annie
04-01-2005, 12:40 AM
I spoke to the Assistant Manager of the Toy Department at my local walmart. She didnt know much except that the toys aisle would be sealed off and that a line usually forms in the toy department, (she said that this is what they did for the last movie.) It is 24 hour walmart. They are having midnight madness. But they knew nothing about a tent sale, and nothing about the early bird exclusive. Early in the week they had the 48 hours of the force sign up, but they took it down. So will they not have the exclusive if they are not on the tent list, but are on the midnight madness list? I'm so sick of all this confusion.

cdatkins
04-01-2005, 08:40 AM
I think there's been a major screw up with the 48 hours of the force stores. Two stores close to me that were listed as doing the 48 hours are no longer in the list.

I don't think I'll be able to get the early bird certificate now. Bummer.

buddatrooper
04-01-2005, 11:08 AM
i work for WM and this morning i unpacked all the ROTS figures, vehicles, lightsabers, unleashed, legos, and galatic heros for tonights MM. my store is not listed for the tent and i saw nothing that had to do with the early bird packageing. so unless you have a store with a tent i dont think you can get the EB exclusive. unless they come in on our trucks tonight and they are given to me before set up.

it seems to me that the preggers padme is one of the shorter run figures in the group along ith chewie. that might just be my store who knows??

Jaludorm
04-01-2005, 12:38 PM
From official WM sources in Bentonville, only the stores with tents will have the exclusives.