PDA

View Full Version : Konami Battlestar Micros...

AndyW
03-29-2005, 12:50 PM
...are on way according to the invoice that I just had in my inbox. Funny, was thinking about these last week, was going to post if anyone knew when they'd be on the way as the end of March was nearing, got my answer though now!

Can't wait to get these, will post pics when they arrive.

britcit3
03-29-2005, 01:33 PM
& if you go to J-List NOW, you can bag the 2 chase ships Battlestar Atlantia and Battlestar Pegasus for $11.95 US each - bargain - job's a good 'un.

BC3

AndyW
03-30-2005, 08:46 AM
They are pretty cool, would have picked those up had I known about them before my order shipped. May pick them up in the future but now the main set is on the way I'll personally be happy with those.

Should have them this time next week!

britcit3
04-04-2005, 12:03 PM
Happy days

Mine arrived today - all brilliant - buy these - huge detail (Galactica almost micro sized).

Also got Johnny Lightening Star Trek wave 2 on order @ DieCast Alley as well as bagging the new Titanium ROTS micros on Ebay.

Happy days indeed.

BC3

AndyW
04-04-2005, 12:20 PM
You beat me, no sign of mine yet, should be tomorrow or the next day.

Expecting the usual high quality pics soon, when you say the Galactica is micro sized, are these not the same size as the Alien ones, ie, a fair bit larger than MM sized.

Not sure whether to pass on the wave 2 JL, they are rehash's afterall. Only thing swinging me is the movie era Enterprise which is cool in every form!

AndyW
04-07-2005, 03:01 AM
Mine are running slightly late, starting to get impatient :D

AndyW
04-11-2005, 03:22 AM
Finally managed to chase up where these have gotten to, they've apparently been sitting in a depot somewhere as apparently I don't live in the flat I'm currently typing this from.

Been told they'll be delivered tomorrow afternoon, which I suppose is a good thing, if it comes.

sicqnus
04-11-2005, 06:55 AM
Hi Andy,
now you feel the taste of the french lazy postmen, especially in Marseille where they are able to not deliver you the packet and send you a ticket instead because they are late in their planning (as usual)...
BanthaPoodoo !

BC3, did you plan on making pics of yours available on your website ?
I would love to see them in detail b4 receiving my order.

We should have an update on the Furuta StarTrek wave 3 soon. They are planned to be out in may.

AndyW
04-11-2005, 07:07 AM
Hi Andy,
now you feel the taste of the french lazy postmen, especially in Marseille where they are able to not deliver you the packet and send you a ticket instead because they are late in their planning (as usual)...
BanthaPoodoo !

The problem this time appears that they didn't see the name by the bell, which is a lame excuse, I made a clear name tag when we moved in and its still there now. We have stuff delivered all the time and never had a problem before, but this is the first time its been delivered by 'Chronopost' which I think is the french version of our ParcelForce, eg, part of the ordinary postal service, but detached enough that they do whatever the sod they like!
In all fairness, the people at our local branch of LaPoste have been really good, and helped us find out where it is and generally did more work for us than you'd probably get in a UK post office. They also phoned the depot for us and dealt with the more complicated aspects of the French language :)

Hopefully tomorrow, tried to get them to send it this afternoon but too short notice. Going to sit down and watch Troy that I've just rented and calm down, I'm on school holidays so they can't pull the excuse that I'm not in, I'm in all day! :)

We should have an update on the Furuta StarTrek wave 3 soon. They are planned to be out in may.

Really? Brilliant. Isn't it funny though how no information has come out until now, just before release. Normally theres a delay between them getting the info out and actually releasing them, wonder why its different this time. Will be waiting with baited breath, love this japanese ships we get!

britcit3
04-11-2005, 12:18 PM
Hey Sicq

Just got Pegasus and Atlantia today - will probably update site at weekend with Battlestar stuff, the new micro vehicles sets and the new Titanium vehicles (if they have arrived from the US).

All this and still have Trek Johnny Lightening wave 2 to look forward to as well as the micro playsets.

Things haven't been this sweet in years - just need a few AF and I'll be as happy as a pig in....erm, a pig pen.

BC3

AndyW
04-12-2005, 09:31 AM
Finally, arrived this afternoon. These are great, they are just as good as the Alien Series, detail is amazing, best of all the mini ships I have in my collection I think.

Its rare that I can beat britcit to posting pics, so I'll stick some up now :D

Things haven't been this sweet in years - just need a few AF and I'll be as happy as a pig in....erm, a pig pen.
BC3

Its great isn't it, think of the mini ships that have come out just in the last two years, mostly from Japan. The Furutas, actually giving us ships we've never seen before, the Rommando's, The Konami Alien trilogy series, now the Battlestar ones. Also the Tomy Episode 2 ones with the best redition of the the Jedi Starfighter, and the wonderful JL stuff. If you think about it we didn't have this much choice even in the time Galoob was producing MM's, as great as they were.

Going to look at ordering a full set of the titanium wave 2 online somewhere, don't fancy paying the silly €20 a pop for a mini ship, as nice as they look. Anyway, just doing these pics.

AndyW
04-12-2005, 09:40 AM
Ok, here we go...

The old Galactica herself (http://homepage.mac.com/stupidfish/.Pictures/Original%20Series%20BSG%20Mini%20Ships/Galactica.JPG)

Colonial Viper (http://homepage.mac.com/stupidfish/.Pictures/Original%20Series%20BSG%20Mini%20Ships/Colonial%20Viper.JPG)

Cylon Raider (http://homepage.mac.com/stupidfish/.Pictures/Original%20Series%20BSG%20Mini%20Ships/Cylon%20Raider.JPG)

Cylon Basestar (http://homepage.mac.com/stupidfish/.Pictures/Original%20Series%20BSG%20Mini%20Ships/Cylong%20Basestar.JPG)

And last but not least, a man dressed as a toaster. (http://homepage.mac.com/stupidfish/.Pictures/Original%20Series%20BSG%20Mini%20Ships/Cylon.JPG)

Did I say before that these were great, I think I'll say it again, these are great, buy them! Wonder what the chances are of seeing new BSG ships from the far superior series, which is also great.

sicqnus
04-12-2005, 09:56 PM
Hi Andy, thanks for the big pics. I love the transparent canopy on the Viper. This one is even better than the prototype unveiled a few months ago. The Raider is also great with its laserguns painted in the correct color as well as the rear thrusters (grey instead of dark grey on the JoyRide AF).

britcit3
05-10-2005, 02:14 PM
How cool are these...?

http://www.geocities.com/stumer.geo/recent/brandnew.html

BC3

AndyW
05-10-2005, 02:48 PM
They are nifty, like the new BSG. The fighters aren't that great though.

And the spelling of Cylon is kind of annoying :)

good shot jansen
05-13-2005, 09:06 PM
sigh........ :(

the knoami bsg's look tremendous. i checked around and am apparently too late to jump on these :frus:

the konami releases of the past couple of years have been amazing. the detail and scale is zackly what us mm'ers have been harpin' at hasbro about for some time now.

has anyine heard if konami, (or any other toy company is planning on producing any of the new bsg vehichles?) i love the mark VII from the new show!

AndyW
05-14-2005, 06:39 AM
the knoami bsg's look tremendous. i checked around and am apparently too late to jump on these :frus:

the konami releases of the past couple of years have been amazing. the detail and scale is zackly what us mm'ers have been harpin' at hasbro about for some time now.

They did go very quickly, however, here in France two local comic book/sci-fi stores have just got them in, having been released two months ago, so if your very very lucky you may happen across some. I'm certainly wishing I'd pre-ordered a few sets from j-list instead of just the one.

And yeah, the Konami are becoming the standard to beat. The Futuras are pretty good, but detailing isn't always the strong point, howeverthe Konamis are ALL about detail. They are to be commended. No idea about future waves of anything, let alone BSG. My guess however is that they've had a trend of going for cult items, the Alien stuff and then old BSG, so maybe they'll go with something else fairly off the wall. Just a guess.

britcit3
10-19-2005, 01:09 AM
Scroll down to near the bottom..........

bloddy hell!! (http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Hasbro’s_Plans_For_2006_95310.asp)

BC3

sicqnus
10-19-2005, 05:59 AM
Nice find. Very interesting to see both classic and 2003-05' BSG ships made into DC metal.

sicqnus
10-19-2005, 06:01 AM
OH and I forgot : Nice catch Hasbro !!! I mean, the Stargate Licence.

AndyW
10-27-2005, 05:46 PM
Man, I am so so so excited. BSG Titaniums, someone pinch me please. I'd been secretly hoping someone might catch on that the new series was perfect for mini ship size.

I personally figured Konami might get there first but I am very pleased its Hasbro, and using the Titanium brand is a very shrewd move. See, everyone at Hasbro isn't a complete fool, they are listening.

Plus nuBSG is pretty big right now, and to release a line of related mini-ships just when the second part of season 2 airs in the US is not a coincidence.

Scackmgack
10-28-2005, 03:09 PM
Is it technically the second part of Season 2, or Season 3 that is airing in January?

Just wondering how many more episodes we are going to get until late in the Summer...

AndyW
10-28-2005, 04:23 PM
Its the second half of Season 2, not a new series. For some reason they have had a break after the Pegasus episode aired, and it picks up again in January, kind of like how Enterprise had a break last year for a few months then started up again. I've never quite sussed out the thinking behind the US's tv timetables.

Theres no word on Season 3 being given the green light, although it would be surprising and tragic if it wasn't.

Jangu Fett
11-08-2005, 12:54 PM
Actually, a couple days ago some entertainment source ( I don't remember who ) said that BSG has been pick up for I think they said another 2 seasons.:thumbsup:

britcit3
11-14-2005, 11:31 PM
MORE BSG "micros" on the way.....

http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=101&show_article=180&nl=1

Not sure what the vehicles will look like (if they come with block figures)

BC3

Jangu Fett
11-15-2005, 07:50 AM
I wouldn't say those are micros. Those minimates are lego like figures, and the ships should be pretty big. Although I don't collect these I might get the ships if they look good.