PDA

View Full Version : 2005 the year of the exclusives!

sith_killer_99
03-29-2005, 08:24 PM
I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of collectors cried out and were suddenly silenced.

Exclusives!

They are everywhere.

Retailers

Target-Lava Vader
Wal-Mart-Early Bird Set
TRU-Clear Yoda
KB Toys-Chewbacca (ROTS?)

CIII

Talking Darth Vader
Gentle Giants Sandtrooper
Master Replicas Obi-Was .45 scale lightsaber

Others include:

Gentle Giants Han Solo Stormtrooper mini bust
AFX Gentle Giants Holographic Sith Lords
Dark Horse Comics Gentle Giants Holographic Darth Sidious

I also read that TRU or someone will have a dozen exclusives by the end of the year, not sure how accurate that is...

This disturbing trend is both a blessing and a curse. The up side is that collectors will have plenty of cool new product to add to their basic collection. The down side is that exclusives are often hard to find and even harder to predict (on the secondary market). This means that we may find deals, but we may have to pay through the nose to get stuff we missed.

I will be glad to get one or two exclusives from C3, since they will be special momentos from my big "convention" experience. But how many exclusives can one collector handle in a year?

I understand why all they retailers want exclusives this year, afterall they are all competing for our dollars and want to move the ROTS merchandise as quickly as possible, especially after the last 2 films!

The problem is that this creates a big dilemma for collectors. I fell bad for anyone who will be unable to go to Target on April 2nd. I can relate, I used to live in Hawaii and there are no Target's anywhere on the island, that was back when the Y-Wing came out. Eventually I bought a TRU exclusive TIE Interceptor for trade and got my Y-Wing, but that was a long time after the Y-Wing was released!

So what about it? Will you buy every store exclusive that comes along, or will you resist the power of the dark side in collecting?

Me, I will probably but it all!!! :D

No matter what you decide, you must admit, 2005 will have more Star Wars exclusives than we have seen in any other year.

JediTricks
03-29-2005, 08:58 PM
TRU will have 12 exclusives, not all toys though. I know they have 3 Lego exclusives already on tap (1 in stores, other 2 are promos) with another later in the year, and there's some Hasbro Yoda everybody's talking about ;) as well as Hasbro games and stuff.

You forgot the WM exclusive line of Titaniums and Target exclusive line of Micro Vehicles. I hate all these exclusives!

btw, should this thread be in Other or should it be in Gen Disc? It fits in either, so if you want to move it, say the word. :)

stillakid
03-29-2005, 09:05 PM
I've made a concerted effort to acquire all the action figure exclusives I can. I've already put in an order for the CIII Vader. The one that will elude me for awhile is the Toyfair 05 thing which scalpers were asking ridiculous prices for. But I'll make an attempt at everything else.

sith_killer_99
03-29-2005, 09:15 PM
Well, like stilla, I plan on getting all the figure exclusives, I usually don't go after the convention exclusives, unless I went to the convention, then I just buy it on site at retail.

The ROTS press kit dosen't really interest me, and I have lived this long without a Jorg Sacul. :)

Turbowars
03-29-2005, 09:16 PM
The one that will elude me for awhile is the Toyfair 05 thing which scalpers were asking ridiculous prices for. I don't think its all that cool anyways. It's just empty shoe box with 2 figures hanging off it.

Clonetrooper630
03-30-2005, 01:06 AM
I think that the best Exclusive is the clone pack from EE Other than that meh:ermm:

Kidhuman
03-30-2005, 01:38 AM
Lots of them this year. GOnna ahve topick and chose. TRU's are out for me unless someone hooks a brother up.

Slicker
03-30-2005, 03:12 AM
TRU's are out for me unless someone hooks a brother up.Just ask and ye shall receive. I'm gonna take my roommate with me to TRU, Target, and WM so I can maybe get 2 of each exclusive. One for me and one for who knows.

I like some exclusives but it appears that Hasbro is really concentrating on them this year. The only problem I have is that the Target near me sucks on the whole stocking shelves thing so I fear I may miss out on some of there's.

wedge1968
03-30-2005, 09:40 AM
What is the Chewbacca KBee thing? Is it a 12 inch? I haven't heard about this one.

See, there are so many, someone who spends hours a day on the Internet trying to keep up can't.

bobafrett
03-30-2005, 10:19 AM
What is the Chewbacca KBee thing? Is it a 12 inch? I haven't heard about this one.

See, there are so many, someone who spends hours a day on the Internet trying to keep up can't.

There was a 12" Chewbacca KayBee exclusive. I also read somewhere here that there is supposed to be another KayBee Chewie exclusive, but not sure what size figure, nor if that was just another rumor. With all these exclusives, it's enough to make my head spin, then fall off. :p

Kidhuman
03-30-2005, 10:53 AM
Yes, Chewie is a 12" figure. LIke the OTC ones arent hanging from the rafters still.

Turbowars
03-30-2005, 07:09 PM
KB doesn't deserve an exclusive. Walking into KB is like walking into a Pick N Save or a Big Lots.

El Chuxter
03-30-2005, 07:27 PM
Dude, Pic N Save is Big Lots! See, the east coast crap chain took over the west coast crap chain and gave it its name, hoping everyone would think it was more upscale now. :crazed:

This reminds me, I still need to figure out how to get that dadburned C3 Vader. Is he going to be available to the Fan Club at some point? Or am I looking at another Jorg Sacul here?

Turbowars
03-30-2005, 07:30 PM
Yeah I know I thought I would mention both since this site is nation wide.

JediTricks
03-31-2005, 06:24 PM
Oh yeah? Well up until recently, Big Lots also owned KB! :D

Anyway, the KB Chewie is 12" Chewie with an ROTS weapon instead of the Saga VOTC figure's bowcaster. If that one didn't sell, how will this one?!?