PDA

View Full Version : Couldyou imagine the mess if...

Kidhuman
03-30-2005, 11:39 AM
the new stuff does not ring up on 4/2?? What chaos that would be.

bobafrett
03-30-2005, 01:02 PM
I don't even want to think about it.

2-1B
03-30-2005, 01:10 PM
I will run around the store ripping cash registers out of the floor like a crazed Wookiee, then I'll spend all my toy money on bail. lol

jedi master sal
03-30-2005, 01:14 PM

Shut yo' mouth!!! ha ha

2-1B
03-30-2005, 01:14 PM
That is, bail money - not Bail Organa. ;)

Slicker
03-30-2005, 02:02 PM
That is, bail money - not Bail Organa. ;)I wasn't about to pass judgement.;) Something like this wouldn't surprise me I think. With all of the stores selling it early they may realize "hey, we aren't supposed to be selling this put it in the system" then we're all screwed.

TCC-1972
03-30-2005, 03:05 PM
Can you imagine what it would be like if store managers actually paid attention to the toy dept. for a change? But that's asking too much!

mabudonicus
03-30-2005, 04:05 PM
it would be worth getting ahold of the security cam footage from whatever store you hit for MM, KH LOL if only we had that K-mart episode on tape, it'd be the must-see SW fan video

I was thinking of something even worse (something which also has a good chance of happening in some places)

WHAT IF- the stores who put merchandise out already (and there have been a couple ;)) sold it all, already, and come 4/2 there is nothing left, since restocking stuff that "doesn't exist" would seem unlikely at best....
:beard:

jedi master sal
03-30-2005, 05:37 PM
it would be worth getting ahold of the security cam footage from whatever store you hit for MM, KH LOL if only we had that K-mart episode on tape, it'd be the must-see SW fan video

I was thinking of something even worse (something which also has a good chance of happening in some places)

WHAT IF- the stores who put merchandise out already (and there have been a couple ;)) sold it all, already, and come 4/2 there is nothing left, since restocking stuff that "doesn't exist" would seem unlikely at best....
:beard:

Ah, see now I think you're onto something. I know myself I bought $475 just at KMart alone. That wiped out at least half of what they had on teh shelves. And I know another buddy of mine picked up about another $150 after me, so I think it's quite possible.

I just know NOT to hit that particular store.

Still, the Wal*Mart that I got some stuff from sold me a complete case of figs (#'s 13-24). If they did that with other collectors then I can see them running a bit short come 4/2.

Fluke Skywalker
03-31-2005, 02:04 AM
If this happens, the Sith will hit the fan. :p

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-31-2005, 02:10 AM
Am i the only one who would think this would be incredibly funny? I mean, here we'd all be, carts full of ROTS toys with no way to buy it. The only thing we could possibly do would be to find the humor in it. And then there'd be about 20-50 geeks per store camping out to protect their cart of SW stuff until the registers allowed it to pass.

rust
03-31-2005, 06:06 PM
I had a dream like this...
I had gone to my Target to buy ROTS stuff, and the manager forgot to put it all out. So, he hired me in SW Figures (3 Per Hour) To hand out Vader Tickets and put stuff on the shelves.

I know, I'm Weird.

JediTricks
03-31-2005, 06:53 PM
That exact situation happened at TRU Monrovia back in '02. It sucked because the employees had to manually key in the item name and price, it took HOURS longer than it should, even with some of the toys scanning properly. It wasn't funny at all, and there was no way to really get out of the store, much less out of the checkout line, because of the amount of people there.