PDA

View Full Version : The "Luke, I am your father" of the Prequels....

General_Grievous
03-30-2005, 04:41 PM
....I'm talking about the ever-popular rumor (now fact) that Qui-Gon will communicate with Yoda (and possibly Obi-Wan) from the dead. Now, apparently this was supposed to be kept a well guarded secret by Lucasfilm, much like Vader's revelation to Luke in ESB, but something got out, and now many know about it. It was in Entertainment Weekly, for cryin' out loud! But since there was no thread on this, I thought I might as well ask...

what is everybody's opinion on Qui-Gon in Revenge of the Sith? Good or bad thing?

I vote good. Liam Neeson was very much missed in AOTC. And it beats the lame disembodied voice from AOTC, too.

Darth Jax
03-30-2005, 09:53 PM
the line that would be the most like that will be when/if we find out anakin had a father.

i really don't understand why people are making such a big deal out of qui-gon popping up in spirit form. it's been rumored since AOTC came out and his voice was heard. it's been mentioned in EU sources as well.

Imperial Monarche
03-30-2005, 10:46 PM
What makes everyone think that Qui-Gon's appearance is going to be the "Luke, I am your father" of ROTS? This has been something that has been rumored since AOTC, like Darth Jax said, and it's also been hinted at many times by Lucas and Nieeson. If that was the big secret, how could it get out so soon and be allowed to be printed up in EW? Come on now! The big secret is going to be a huge revelation. Possibly an, "Anakin, 'so and so' is your father!" or something like that.

2-1B
03-31-2005, 12:09 AM
I don't see it as a big secret, especially since they hinted at it in the last movie and the prelude book Labrynth of Evil opened the door to it as well. :)

Fluke Skywalker
03-31-2005, 01:31 AM
I read this a few months back. I thought it was a neat idea until the report (now confirmed) had Yoda saying stuff like "Qui-Gon, my new Master is."

WHAT!?

That stinks. (IMHO) Why is GL trying to de-mystify Yoda? First he loses to Palpatine. That's fine, makes Palps more menacing (Not Phantom Menacing, just menacing) His lack of foresight helps bring about the Empire. OK, that makes sense. But to have him groveling to Liam Ne.. I mean Qui-Gon? I guess if I liked the character more it would be OK. I liked the idea of blaming alot of Anakin's fall on his arrogant insistance that he be trained, but now he's the linch pin of the Jedi's hopes? :dis:

I think I may take a bathroom break during this scene and pretend it didn't happen :p

JEDIpartner
03-31-2005, 08:30 AM
Don't Read This If You Don't Want A Spoiler!!!!!!

Highlight the following:
Apparently, it is implied by Palpatine that Darth Plagueis was able to create life out of midi-chlorians and that Anakin is the creation of Darth Plagueis.

Fluke Skywalker
03-31-2005, 08:52 AM
^ Wow, that would be pretty huge. Destroyed by their own creation. The Frankenstein parallels just keep coming with ROTS.

If this turns out to be true, I hope it's fleshed out a bit in the new Star Wars encyclopedia that is sure to follow in the coming months.

CaptainSolo1138
03-31-2005, 11:28 AM
If this turns out to be true, I hope it's fleshed out a bit in the new Star Wars encyclopedia that is sure to follow in the coming months.
I hope the MOVIE fleshes it out! Why should we have to rely on EU for such important information? If what was said is true, this should have been foreshadowed/mentioned/brought up a while ago. I like the prequels and am highly anticipating E3, but I hope that it helps to clear up some of the vague issues in the prequels instead of creating more.

steve3p0
03-31-2005, 02:07 PM
what a great twist it would be if that is true.

to me this is almost as great a revelation as when vader reveals he is luke's father.

JEDIpartner
03-31-2005, 02:21 PM
It's true... it's in the novel and graphic novel adaptations.

sith_killer_99
04-01-2005, 06:14 AM
;) JP is right, it was in the audio book for EP3.