PDA

View Full Version : Episode III tickets?

PloKoon2385
03-31-2005, 01:36 AM
Hey, does anybody have any idea when tickets go on sale for this little movie called "Star Wars"? I am determined to go at midnight! Woo! :D

Slicker
03-31-2005, 03:17 AM
I was wonderin' the same thing the other day but I still think it's a bit early. Although I think I read somewhere that dem crazy Aussie's are able to buy tix already.

Edit: Here's the link. (http://theforce.net/episode3/story/Australian_ROTS_Tickets_on_Sale_Now_90801.asp) Doesn't add anymore info but it's here nonetheless.

PloKoon2385
03-31-2005, 03:44 AM
gosh darn Aussie's... When's it our turn! Growl! :D

Kidhuman
03-31-2005, 07:53 AM
Tickets usually go on sale 2-3 weeks beforehand. Just call your local theatre for the dates.

Ji'dai
03-31-2005, 05:29 PM
There's a new Star Wars movie coming out?

A local radio station is giving away ROTS tickets already. I went to see AOTC on the opening day around 11 am and had no problem getting tickets. There were probably only a dozen people in the theatre for that showing though. It's the midnight/evening showings that sell-out on opening day.

Darkness Shroud
04-01-2005, 02:29 PM
I got my ticket!!! I gonna pick it up tomorrow and dip it in lucite for protection until 11.00am May 19th!! :D :)

Kidhuman
04-01-2005, 02:55 PM
Where did you get yours?

Darkness Shroud
04-01-2005, 03:02 PM
At my local Showcase cinema! I forgot to mention that im in England! You guys are welcome to flyout and i will get you tickets! :) Im very suprised that the USA cinemas have not put them on sale yet!

Hellboy
04-01-2005, 09:03 PM
Well I'll be traveling across the country to NYC to see EPIII and am relying on my sister to get the tickets for us. I went there when EPII came out as well and seem to remember tickets going on sale about a month before the release date. I'd call ahead to find out for sure but unfortunately most theaters have a recording and talking to a human being isn't usually an option. I'm counting on my sister stopping by the actual theater this weekend to inquire on site because I'm sure the showings for the first weekend will go fast.

PloKoon2385
04-06-2005, 08:34 PM
:D Well, I am GOING to the midnight showing. There is NO stopping me. I WILL get tickets. Luckily there are lots of theaters near me so I will have my pick. If I don't get tickets... I'm probably gonna turn to the dark side. As soon as anyone knows a date, POST IT HERE!

Pendo
04-07-2005, 01:02 PM
So far the only tickets I've booked are to see it at 8pm on the 19th. Yep, that's a little later than I'm hoping to wait, but I've also booked my train tickets and hotel in London for the 16th May, and I'm hoping to get tickets to one of the Advanced Showings in Leicester Square. So far these tickets don't appear to be on sale, but I'm hoping to get a pair when they do. Even if I don't manage to get tickets I'm still going to watch all the stars walk into the cinema (hoping to get my photo took with some of them).

PENDO!

PloKoon2385
04-13-2005, 01:02 AM
April 2Oth!!! According to theforce.net April 20th is when theaters will be able to sell them. Fandango will have them for sale as soon as they receive times from theaters. Be there!

Hellboy
04-13-2005, 01:10 AM
Thanks for the update. I just hope they go on sale at the same time. If they're up on Fandango before individual theaters start selling them that would be bad. :nerv:

James Boba Fettfield
04-14-2005, 08:07 PM
Just ordered my ticket for 12:01am at the AMC Lennox.

Back to waiting.

Hellboy
04-14-2005, 08:32 PM
HUGE thanks for the heads up Fettfield.

I'm making a trip to see it in NYC and the tickets went on sale there as well. I was worried I wasn't going to be able to get tickets for the 12:01 Digital showing because they usually sell out in minutes, but I did and its thanks to you. I couldn't be happier. :D :D :D

James Boba Fettfield
04-14-2005, 08:41 PM
That's cool, Hellboy. Wish I could do the DLP, but have nothing around here for that.

Guess I'll see what alterations they made to the digital version come November.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-14-2005, 08:57 PM
Yeah, thanks to LM for alerting me about JBFF as i got my 12:01 am tickets for Lennox as well. I thought they wren't on sale till the 20th!? Oh, how mad i would've been if they were sold out next week.

but alas, i got'em! :D

Hellboy
04-14-2005, 09:01 PM
DLP is a really big difference. I'd equate it to the difference between VHS and HDTV. It may sound strange but it almost has a 3 dimensional look to it because of the clarity and depth it adds. I saw EPII in DLP in NYC as well and when I came home and watched it again non-DLP I thought it looked terrible. I really wish every SW fan had the opportunity to see it this way, its almost beyond words how cool it looks.

FYI: From what I can tell AMC is the only theater that has these on sale so far. Nothing on Fandango yet.

Slicker
04-14-2005, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the heads-ups gents. I'll have to order 'em ASAP which means that I'll wait until tomorrow.;)

Banthaholic
04-15-2005, 01:06 AM
I actually was going to start a thread about this, but I looked and here one is...
I managed to order my tickets online tonight from an AMC movie theater. I'll be seeing it at midnight on the 18th. It's a relief to know that my place is reserved, and all that is left is waiting in line for a good seat. :cool:

So the movie is now paid for, just gotta save up for the popcorn :crazed:

Slicker
04-15-2005, 07:05 AM
Just ordered mine for the 12:01 showing. Does anybody know how you go abouts getting your ticket. I accidentally closed the window before I read all of the info?

Now the only thing to worry about is getting off from work. I'll worry about that on the 17th.

James Boba Fettfield
04-15-2005, 08:55 AM
Whenever I purchase my tickets online, I usually just visit the ticket booth and tell them I bought a ticket online. They scan the credit card I used to buy the ticket, give me my ticket, and that's it.

You can also use those automated ticket things, but I never attempted using one so I am not sure how they work.

tagmac
04-15-2005, 01:04 PM
There's nothing on Fandango, and the theaters by me know nothing about this. Are you sure this information is accurate, or is it only theaters in certain states putting them on sale already?

To be honest, this seems waaay to early. TPM tix went on sale a week before the movie came out, and AOTC was also within a week. I think May 15 at noon sounds a little more accurate.

James Boba Fettfield
04-15-2005, 01:49 PM
I didn't use Fandango. I saw the news on theforce.net that AMC theaters were given the okay to go ahead and start selling tickets on April 14.

So I went to AMC's site, found the theater closest to me, and bought my ticket.

http://www.theforce.net/topstory/story/US_Episode_III_Tickets_On_Sale_Now_91326.asp

anti-hero
04-15-2005, 02:05 PM
12:01 am baby!! I didn't even know they were going on sale today. Thank you sirsteve!! I called my wife and we decided on one of the 3 or 4 theatres around me with midnight showings and I bought em!! Woohoo!

This is my 1st midnight showing ever so I'm pretty excited. How early are you guys going to get there for the midnight shows?

Lazer Brain
04-15-2005, 02:31 PM
ok, how about Digital Theaters? is there a list or webpage to find the closest digital theater. i am going to be in chicago on the 19th and would like to see it digitally. any help would be nice.
later

hestep99
04-15-2005, 05:29 PM
Yea, I just got 2 tickets to Cinemall in Abingdon VA. I had no idea they were going on sale today either. Great great day, I'm soooo happy.

PloKoon2385
04-15-2005, 07:10 PM
Got my tickets! Don't know if it was AMC or not... I was THIS close to getting tickets at the Cinerama (a huge digital theater, owned by Paul Allen), but they were sold out. A contact of mine bought 30 but he wouldn't sell them to me at a reasonable price. Scalpers... :frus:

darko666
04-15-2005, 07:57 PM
A contact of mine bought 30 but he wouldn't sell them to me at a reasonable price. Scalpers... :frus:

that guy is a loser.

the theaters by me haven't put the tickets on sale yet, but i remember hearing that on the 20th they would go on sale. which is great, since i leave for C III the nest day.

megaprime33
04-15-2005, 09:25 PM
When I heard they were going on sale today, I went to movietickets.com and saw that the AMC theater near me had them, but I was at work and didnt want to give my card over the network. Since my fiancee was getting out early, I had her order them from home. Thursday night, 7pm, can't wait!

Slicker
04-16-2005, 11:30 AM
Another question. Does anybody know when we can pick up the tickets? Can we get them any time or do we have to wait until the day of the show?

Hellboy
04-16-2005, 04:43 PM
ok, how about Digital Theaters? is there a list or webpage to find the closest digital theater. i am going to be in chicago on the 19th and would like to see it digitally. any help would be nice.
later

Here ya go. :)

http://www.dlpmovies.com/

BTW, tickets seem to be on sale everywhere now. Fandango has them up now too. Get them while there hot. Good luck.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-16-2005, 08:23 PM
Got my tickets! Don't know if it was AMC or not... I was THIS close to getting tickets at the Cinerama (a huge digital theater, owned by Paul Allen), but they were sold out. A contact of mine bought 30 but he wouldn't sell them to me at a reasonable price. Scalpers... :frus:

I made a trip down to Seattle to see AOTC at the Cinerama, but if it was digital, it sure didn't look any better. Plus, the sound seemed out of sync at times.

I saw an article in the paper Friday morning 4/15 that ROTS tickets were going on sale so I checked the websites they had listed. Movietickets.com didn't sell tickets for the theaters in my town. The next site was AMC and it just linked back to movietickets.com. The third site had a pull down menu for states and Washington was not one of them. Didn't get to check the last site as the internet connection seemed to stop working. Comcast's DNS servers have been a bit wonky all week. I did look at Fandango but they weren't available yet. I went to the theater in the mall after work and asked and he said they weren't available yet, and weren't sure which theater the movie would be at. So, I'll keep checking here and Fandango.

PloKoon2385
04-17-2005, 01:57 AM
Well, I've got my tickets for the midnight showing in hand. I think that most/all of the theaters have their tickets for sale now. Good luck!

Mad Slanted Powers
04-17-2005, 07:19 PM
I checked Fandango right after I read this thread this morning and they had tickets for a local theater so I bought one (a ticket, not a theater). Episodes I and II had been at the Bellis Fair Mall in Bellingham, this time it will be at Sehome Cinemas.

General_Grievous
04-30-2005, 09:09 PM
Finally bought my tickets today. Got one for a 10 AM show and another for a 1:45 show.

Slicker
04-30-2005, 09:34 PM
I was at the theater today and totally forgot to pick up my ticket.

Has anyone actually got their ticket in hand?

trandoshan666
05-01-2005, 10:32 AM
I picked up tickets last night to three showings 12:01, 6:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. I'm pretty pumped.:D

Mad Slanted Powers
05-01-2005, 02:12 PM
I picked up tickets last night to three showings 12:01, 6:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. I'm pretty pumped.:D

Reminds me of the Fox Trot comic strip when Episode I came out. A kid goes to the ticket window and asks for six tickets. Then Peter asks him which show, the kid doesn't understand, so Peter explains there are six show times. The kid wants a ticket for each show.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-02-2005, 06:58 PM
I checked the paper a few days ago and found out that my local theater was selling tickets, so I picked them up on Saturday for a 3:40 show (it's kind of been my family's tradition to see them in the afternoons at this theater, but then I'll likely go to a better theater for repeated viewings). They also had some spiffy ROTS cups that I'll have to pick up sometime in the future. :D

CaptainSolo1138
05-11-2005, 11:01 PM
Finally got mine! The 12:01am show was sold out, so I had to settle for 12:15 am. Then I ended up with an extra ticket. Anyone in Michigan wanna see Episode3 for free? :D

Rocketboy
05-11-2005, 11:31 PM
Finally got mine! The 12:01am show was sold out, so I had to settle for 12:15 am. Then I ended up with an extra ticket. Anyone in Michigan wanna see Episode3 for free? :DYes.

But...:cry:

CaptainSolo1138
05-12-2005, 07:37 AM
Yes.

But...:cry:
Fair weather fan. Star Wars is coming out and you're going on a honeymoon cruise?! What kind of man are you? :p

Have fun. When you get back there will be a spoiler laden synopsis in your email! :D

kool-aid killer
05-12-2005, 01:12 PM
Ive got my tickets in hand. Im going to the 12:02am showing on Thursday morning and later that same day i will be at the same theater to catch it again at 8:05. Im so excited, its only a week away. By this time next week i will be on SSG posting all about the movie.

Rocketboy
05-12-2005, 08:05 PM
Fair weather fan.Pot meet kettle.:D
Star Wars is coming out and you're going on a honeymoon cruise?! What kind of man are you? :p Giggity giggity giggity!

Have fun. When you get back there will be a spoiler laden synopsis in your email! :DThanks for the warning. I'll be sure NOT to read any email until I get back from the theater. :D

Dark Helmet
05-12-2005, 08:19 PM
Has anyone located a theater that shows the film completely digitally?
I mean digital picture and digital sound? I went to EP1 in CA, and I went to a theater that showed the movie from a computer not a reel to reel. It was amazing. There wern't any instances of dialogue not matching actor's lip movements or messed reels. VERY COOL. I'm on the hunt for a theater that has this in Columbus OH.......if anyone knows of one, your help is appreciated.