PDA

View Full Version : Jurassic Park... the thread!!!

mylow thehutt
01-06-2002, 03:53 PM
:) Hay i got the new Jurassic park lll dvd,it's very cool:cool: but very short. Anyway two questions does it have any eastereggs on it?also is there going to be a 4th moive;) thanx

derek
01-06-2002, 03:59 PM
JP3 made a lot of money, so number 4 shouldn't be far behind.

mylow thehutt
01-06-2002, 04:12 PM
:)BO-YEAH!!!!

master jedi
01-06-2002, 08:41 PM
If they make a part 4 I swear I will kill myself. Part 3 was probably the biggest disappointment of the summer for me. The first was great and the second was ok and the 3rd should have been a made for tv movie or not made at all.

If I remember correctly some one on these forums said to buy the first two and wait for the third to come on on tv or something.

mylow thehutt
01-06-2002, 09:51 PM
:( Thats because Steven didn't direct the 3rd moive,hopefuly he will for the 4th.

derek
01-06-2002, 10:15 PM
hopefully the fourth film will star michael cain, and will be about the son of the original t-rex who's out for revenge. wait, that was jaws 4, what was i thinking.:crazed:

mylow thehutt
01-06-2002, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by derek
hopefully the fourth film will star michael cain, and will be about the son of the original t-rex who's out for revenge. wait, that was jaws 4, what was i thinking.:crazed:

Wow good one i was just thinking maby some iceage dinos, but Michael cain Jeez i may have to settel for the bronze. :)

Wolfwood319
01-06-2002, 11:53 PM
I've heard the 3rd film described as "a great B movie, a bad A movie." I thought it was pretty light plot-wise, but the dinosaurs were still cool.

I think they should do a 4th one, to wrap up the series. Have Steven direct it, and have it be about that InGen company. About mysterious experiments they were doing, and the park was just a cover. You can have military guys, a couple of returning cast members, stuff like that.

Rollo Tomassi
01-07-2002, 09:29 AM
The problem with the third movie is that the villian in the first two films was man and his desire to control everything and wreak havoc with the natural order. The third filmed boils down to: "AHHHHH!!! DINOSAURS!! RUN!!!" which is pretty weak. It turned the dinos into one dimensional movie monsters. And that 'call in the marines' ending was ludicrous. The real problem with the film is that there is no sense of wonder and awe when you see the dinos anymore. that was the coolest thing about the first movie, seeing that Brontosaurus and hearing Willimas' score swell. i felt like a 7 year old again... Now I feel old...
Steve won't direct anymore. Joe johnston gets to direct the next one, and if he hasn't driven the franchise into the ground, then they should get somebody new (like me!) to do the 5th. The two kids will be the stars of the next one. Tee hee.

LTBasker
01-07-2002, 12:24 PM
There WILL be a 4th. If you listen to the commentary by the F/X crew, when the pterodactyls are flying away, they say "we will find out what happens to them!" And so basically they're saying a 4th is planned.

Jurassic Park III itself is, well... hard to describe. Definitely needed Malcolm again, I mean Grant knew it was site B and he must've known Malcolm had gone there before the San Diego incident, you'd think that he'd presaude Malcolm to join him. Not too mention the fact that with that there are alot of goofs and plots holes and such... Like ok, after the whole San Diego incident, don't you think they'd be patrolling the island and keeping non-authorized people away from it? Jurassic Park III is a good comedy and time passer but the only way this film would've been good especially since Lost World didn't need a sequel in the first place would of been if Steven directed it. We didn't even get to see body parts ripped off... :(

Here's a plot hole: If Grant had NO idea what the raptors looked like before going to the island, shouldn't the raptor he saw in his nightmare on the plane been one from the 1st movie? :D

Ok, the whole marine thing, it was rather campy and just plain dull... Since when do they issue limo driver impersonators for standing alone on an island of dinosaurs with a bullhorn?

A boat full of people who had the upper hand couldn't stop a T-rex that was trapped below... and 4 amphibians were supposed to stand up to Spinosaurases? Like I said, it's an ok comdey and time-passer, but this is in no way what a threequel to a GOOD movie series should've been like. They had a lot of nerve just making Grant be a sell-out like that. Ya know? Ok theres my movie review. :D

El Chuxter
01-07-2002, 03:03 PM
It's crap. I'd rather get a hydrochloric enema than be forced to sit through that drivel again. If not for the (now lost) Spidey trailer, I'd have felt completely ripped off.

Spinosaurus capable of killing a T-Rex. . . . biggest falsehood ever (that didn't come out of Bill Clinton's mouth)!

master jedi
01-07-2002, 05:45 PM
The Spinosaurus vs. T-Rex scene was probably the worst scene in the movie.
If I remember correctly the T-Rex bit the Spinosaurus' neck which should have killed it. But nnooo.

mylow thehutt
01-07-2002, 07:25 PM
:) They land,Guy dies,they crash another guy dies,they all run around third guys dies,run around some more they get off the island.thats perrty much the whole moive.;)

mabudonicus
01-08-2002, 01:14 PM
What about if carpenter signed on for part 4, and kurt russel has to go to the island to save a president from the dinos? Or no, wait- what if JP IV was made as a flintstones prequel, with all sorts of time travel( gazoo could be the outer space tie in) and then.. nahh on second thought, the last 3 films in the series stunk so roundly, it's better to just forget about it. I can't believe anyone could make a movie about DINOSAURS with such great special effects seem so hollow and pointless. I understand how you could make that mistake with an epic space opera,but(urrrk-- can't breathe...aaaack)

Man In The Box
01-08-2002, 02:45 PM
thats the thing that got me. I mean c'mon the T-rex is basically the hero(or anti-hero) of the first two movies and they just throw it away like that so cheaply when it fights the spinosaur . couldve at least put up a better fight. In reality the T-rex wouldev nailed him or at least ripped him good.

El Chuxter
01-08-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Man In The Box
thats the thing that got me. I mean c'mon the T-rex is basically the hero(or anti-hero) of the first two movies and they just throw it away like that so cheaply when it fights the spinosaur . couldve at least put up a better fight.

Exactly! The T-Rex comes in at the end to kill the villain (raptor or human), but in this one, the Spinosaur lives.

I believe Jack Horner was a paleontological advisor on this film, and, if so, probably pushed that scene to try to convince everyone outside the scientific world that his (rather cockamamie) theory that T-Rex was a scavenger.

I found it somewhat ironic that the Spinosaur kills the T-Rex in the way a T-Rex would've probably killed its prey. . . and a method that would have broken every one of the Spinosaur's little teeth and most likely have caused itself serious neck injuries.

Obi-Don
01-08-2002, 08:05 PM
I'm not sure if I want to see this movie or not now. I guess I will rent it first then make up my mind if I like it enough to own it on dvd. Thanks for all your imput on the movie.You guys or gals might just have save me the price of a dvd.

Man In The Box
01-09-2002, 07:42 AM
I believe Jack Horner was a paleontological advisor on this film, and, if so, probably pushed that scene to try to convince everyone outside the scientific world that his (rather cockamamie) theory that T-Rex was a scavenger

Yea I heard all about that. I seriously doubt somthing built like a t-rex was intentionally built to be a scavenger. Truth is predators scavenged if they could anyway. It's easier. Lions do it all the time. So I'm pretty sure T-rex(as well as everyone who was lucky enough) wouldent pass up an easy carcass, none the less T-rex would kill for food as per design, just as sure if ylou dropped a Great White in a pool of seals.

LTBasker
01-09-2002, 09:09 AM
And if he wasn't hungry he would've probably of killed the Spinsaurus anyway for trying to EAT him! Quite odd... when they encountered that T-Rex, Dr. Grant said don't move, you woulda thunk that Billy would've at least known to stay still and wouldn't of ran. There is fright, yes, but still. They way they made the T-Rex look was like an overgrown compy.

Starfig873
01-09-2002, 12:32 PM
Well now that everyone has said their peace about the film, I guess I'll add in my two cents. :)

The film, is crap. I love dinosaurs, so that's why I even like this film. As has been said, it's a good comedy. Not to mention the couple is from OKLAHOMA! Hee hee hee... :D
I own the DVD quite happily. I have no regrets for it's purchase.

I say bring forth the fourth movie. Why not? The dinos keep looking more and more spectacular, and that's really the whole drive behind these movies anyway. That's the true reason we cared to see the first movie. We thought "Hey dinosaurs!" :)

Horner's a goober near as I can tell. While his thoerys almost make sense, I just can't believe them.

jeddah
01-09-2002, 02:09 PM
Hi EL Chuxter.

Nice point about Horner (and everyone else that mentioned him), I can't see many of my 'colleagues' in the UK even knowing who JH is, let alone Edwin Dobb and Bob Bakker (apologies of course to anyone in the UK who I offended above) :rolleyes:

Having said that, I wonder if anyone here has read his book The Complete T-Rex (http://www.morstore.org/books.html) or if a lot of the opinions come from watching Discovery Channel-type documentaries. The book makes some very compelling arguments for him being an opportunist (as opposed to a scav') and I must say I kinda agree :eek:

I think it is a shame the T-Rex is demystified in this way, but it may be true, just look at the early (http://www.greatwebsights.com/dinosaurs/iguana.htm) pics of the Iguanadon with his thumb on his head :D

I also thought the film was crap, but like the above forummer, I enjoyed it because I like Dinos.

jeddah

LTBasker
01-09-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Starfig873
Not to mention the couple is from OKLAHOMA! Hee hee hee... :D

And to think I've been to Enid....stupid baseball tourneys, they were one-sided. Yep, dinosaurs would fit right in there without notice! :D

Ya know it's rather odd.... Linda Park is the woman who tells Ellie about someone being on the phone, and of course Oklahoma is mentioned in the same film, well Linda Park is the communications officer on Enterprise, and on the pilot episode for it, the first scenes took place in Broken Bow, OK. Wierd huh? Oh yea, back onto the movie!

If you look when Macy's character is falling off the crane into the firey water, the human cgi falls way too fast.

Jurassic Park: They are able to get off the island thanks to the T-Rex taking a bite as a raptor was just about to jump on'em thus giving them a chance to escape.

Lost World: They get off the island by Nick going into a building and being able to restore power and call in a chopper and they're just able to get to the building and get to the chopper... Not to mention they still have to out-smart the T-Rex at the end to get him back on the boat.

Jurassic Park III: After a CALM meeting with raptors who don't do anything but scare the pants off'em for a couple of eggs, they can measly walk off thanks to the marines showing up with a limo driver and 4 amphibians (which would hardly be able to take out a T-Rex without alot of damage being done to a few if not all of them) and then they just casually leave.

Something I just now noticed... At the end of Lost World they show herds of dinos and such, and they show Pterydactyls flying around Freely on Site B and yet in JPIII they're on Site B, and they're caged up? I know InGen took control of everything from Hammond, but after the whole expidition thing there in Lost World, it's obvious even they wouldn't take the chance of trying to take over the dinosaurs.

master jedi
01-09-2002, 07:50 PM
What I don't get is how that kid could have survived on the island that long by himself.
That was very believable. Not.

El Chuxter
01-10-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by master jedi
What I don't get is how that kid could have survived on the island that long by himself.

That's because the dinosaurs didn't vote for him! :D

LTBasker, I wondered the same thing about the pterosaurs. Also, why would they have Quetzcoatlus in LW:JP and Pteranodons (apparently mutant specimens who have somehow grown teeth) in JP3?

jeddah, I picked up The Complete T-Rex a few years ago but have yet to read it. From looking through it, it seems to be fairly well grounded. Horner recently hosted a special on Discovery, though, that presented "evidence" in direct opposition to all the other "evidence" anyone else is putting forward (such as T-Rex not built for speed, T-rex has weak teeth, etc). It came across as "no one's believing this, so I'd better try to convince folks who probably don't know better and will take my word since I'm a scientist." Opportunist, yes--most carnivores are. Giant vulture, I can't buy.

I don't mean to speak ill of Horner. Most of his work seems to be sound--the discovery of Maiasaura alone is enough to warrant him going down in history--but I don't agree with his T-Rex "vulture" theory. And he comes across as trying harder and harder every day to defend this theory.

Of course. . . I could've said the same thing about Bakker and warm-blooded dinos twenty or so years ago, so maybe there's some truth to it. :)

jeddah
01-10-2002, 05:13 PM
he he El C,

Are you picturing that painting from the book whe you refer to the vulture ;)

One of the (childish, I'll admit) things that made me laugh when I read the book was the name of the lady who discovered the T Rex; Kathy Wankel; Horner keeps referring to the complete T-Rex fossil as the Wankel Rex and - bearing in mind what that word (or near as damnit) means in the UK - I cracked a smile every time I read it :D

I wish we got these kinda documentaries in the UK, however bland or misguided :)

jeddah

SithDroid
01-13-2002, 11:20 PM
I liked JP3 for some of it's aspects.

1. This story has a lot of similar plot lines as in the original book, ex. Pterodactyls chasing them, them having to stick to the river

2. We finally get to see Pterodactyls (not including the shadows of them in JP2, which doesn't follow continuity?)

3. Grant is back in this film

Things I didn't like:

1. There is no Malcolm. He was the coolest character of the series. He should have been in it.

2. Those raptors that surround them would have torn them apart instead of staring at them for 5 minutes debating over it.

3. I'm supposed to buy that they could escape from all of these deadly creatures without the use of guns or firepower. They can't even out run them. Stupid if you as me.

As far as the theory of the T-Rex being a scavenger, I've seen the Discovery Channel Documentary, but would now like to read the book before I make any decisions. I can't rule out anything.

Those are my opinions. Anyone agree?

Wolfwood319
01-14-2002, 03:59 AM
Actually, taking into account Horner, Bakker, and the rest of them, you can see the evolution of Dinosaur theory, in just less then a decade, by watching the films in order.

In the first film, they have the discussion of T-Rex's vision based on movement. You don't move, it won't see you. Go now to LW:JP,(movie and book) and they refute that theory, and say that T-Rex was a hunter, and his vision wasn't based on movement, they defend their baby, etc. Now go to the 3rd film, and they go back to the vision/movement thing and bring him back even further by going the "scavenger" route.

I'm not criticizing the paleontologists who worked on the films, but it just goes to show how fast thoeries change about these creatures.

I've read part of Horner's book, and it is a somewhat sound theory, but how long is it going to be before another "sound" theory comes out.

And if you watch the "behind the scenes" and "making of" documentaries on the DVD, Horner lays on the Scavenger theory pretty thick.

jeddah
01-14-2002, 06:01 AM
The T-Rex visual acuity/movement postulation is no 'theory' it is a dramatic contrivance to get Grant and the kids out of danger - how 'fun' would the film be if the T-Rex was unstoppable ;)

Either Spielberg or Crichton were responsible for that. There is no way that palo's could've extrapolated that kind of data from bones.

jeddah

mylow thehutt
01-16-2002, 04:09 PM
:did any one find the easter eggs?If there is any:cool:

master jedi
01-16-2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by mylow thehutt
:did any one find the easter eggs?If there is any:cool:

They're hidden in the dino dung, just like everything else.:)

GNT
01-16-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by SithDroid
2. We finally get to see Pterodactyls (not including the shadows of them in JP2, which doesn't follow continuity?)

we saw Pterodactyls at the end of the 2nd movie you know :)

Any ideas as to JP4 if they make it?

jw_bryant
01-19-2002, 03:09 PM
couldnt find any.

ThomasLane
01-21-2002, 12:32 AM
Everyone keeps saying it would have been better if Ian Malcolm was in it... Jeff Goldblum has been in some bad movies, but I'd bet if he had read that script, he would have burned it and denied ever having seen it. I wouldn't be surprised if Malcolm was in an early version of the script.

The dinos looked great, but the story is lame.

El Chuxter
01-21-2002, 12:31 PM
At the very very end of TLW:JP, a pterosaur (I think Pteranodon, but it may have been a Quetzalcoatlus) lands in a tree over the meadow.

Battle Droid
04-06-2002, 05:58 PM
Also which sequel do you like best JP3 or TLW:JP?

I liked JP3 the best. Joe Johnston is da man!

Wolfwood319
04-06-2002, 06:00 PM
I like them!

I prefer JPIII over LW too. The fact that its just them being chased by Dinosaurs on the island, and that's it. Like a good 60's dino flick.

LTBasker
04-06-2002, 06:42 PM
Jurassic Park was Great.

Lost World wasn't as great but at least it was a sequel that stayed in touch with the first and it was actually really good, especially the Raptors in the field.

Jurassic Park /// was kinda boring, bad plot, bad character development, and alot of plot holes. And what was the big deal about Enid, Oklahoma? :p

2-1B
04-06-2002, 07:33 PM
I saw JP in the theater and thought it was pretty cool, but I never bothered with LW or JP /// (I like the way you typed that Basker ;) ). I think there was a thread here when JP 3 came out, I was really scared off by some of the reviews.

187-Maul
04-06-2002, 07:37 PM
I prefer the first two movies over the third - I think it's kinda lame suddenly saying the spinosaurus is stronger than the T-rex - just a sign the t-rex didn't do it anymore to get the people to the cinema so they had to put something new to it

Rollo Tomassi
04-07-2002, 10:21 AM
Jurrasic Park was fabulous. I still get giddy when they see the brachiosaurus for the first time and William's score swells up. I love that scene.

Lost World was corny rehash with atrocious plotlines and dialogue. I liked Pete Postlethwaite and I liked Vince Vaughn's ad lib: "The Five deaths...he says..." he rolls his eyes and shakes his head. that cracks me up every time.

JP /// took the idea of the first to movies (the evil of man and the morality of genetic engineering. Science v. nature) and threw them out the window in favor of a "ARRRGGHH!! Movie monsters! Run!!!" story. And the marines at the end? Ugh. Cheese.

Everybody ready for JP 4?

DeadEye
04-09-2002, 08:14 PM
JP3 was not realistic because the T-rex, though smaller than the spino, is much more strongly built, and would have won the fight. BUT, JP /// had the most realistic raptors, as they finally behaved at the appropriate intelligence level AND, JP /// was the one movie where the raptors used the killer foot claws to kill anyone. In the other 2 movies, they just jumped on people and chewed on their heads.

master jedi
04-09-2002, 09:25 PM
the first one was great. The Lost World was good but I could have done without it.

The third one sucked and should never have been. I think it was made by satan to touture us all.

El Chuxter
04-10-2002, 01:13 PM
I loved both Jurassic Park films!

Wait, there's a number 3? Hmm, I seem to recall something about that. Memory's coming back to me. . . .

NOOOOOO! You've brought back memories I'd successfully blocked! The horror of realizing I paid to see JP/// in theaters is coming back to me now! :eek:

jeddah
04-10-2002, 02:06 PM
Rollo said;

Jurrasic Park was fabulous. I still get giddy when they see the brachiosaurus for the first time and William's score swells up. I love that scene

Couldn't agree more - When they get it right, they really get it right. Plus JP was thinking outside the box and was a new type of film. I know when people in the know talk about the advent of the successful and convincing use of CGI they refer commonly to TII as the vehicle that started it rolling, but as far as I'm concerned JP was superlative. using skin textures is a lot more difficult than depicting a mercurial killer robot. Loved the kitchen scene - it's so tense and the last scene with the T-rex ripping into the raptors. I wish the Diloph' had been CGI though.

JP2 is just a weird and dumb-dumb film that really stole the series of its oomph. I get bored and hit FF when Malcolm is chatting with his daughter and as far as her gymnastic save-the-day act goes...cheese-o-rama. Fave part is the bit with the raprots vectoring in on the team running through the tall grass and Ian Malcolm yawning on the train.

JP3. Fun escapism encore. Okay it's not a brilliant film but it's good fun. Shame about Tia Leone (and she wa so good in Deep Impact) and the completely unrealistic disregard she had for Sam Neill's instruction. IMO, no matter how much she loved her missing son, she would not be running around shouting after the plane run-in with the Spinosaur. My sentiments on the Spino' are the same as those expressed above. Loved the raptors which are my fave dinos in all the JP films and you actually get to see them run in the open in this film which I enjoyed. Ooooh. I almost forgot....Billy :kiss:

jeddah

Lobito
07-30-2002, 06:24 PM
I like these movies too, and of the two sequels i like best JP III. I wonder if that will be the last of the JP saga...??

DeadEye
07-30-2002, 06:34 PM
It actually isn't. They plan on a total of six movies and a pressing Crichton to write a new book.

hango fett
07-30-2002, 06:36 PM
i love them all. jp /// was the best IMO. the spino was a mean dino! he mad t-rex look like a wimp (witch the t-rex actually is.) well, if i remeber right from that tv show, t-rex was a scavenger. so spino should and did win that fight for a reason.....see! speilberg looked into it!
h.

Beast
07-30-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by hango fett
i love them all. jp /// was the best IMO. the spino was a mean dino! he mad t-rex look like a wimp (witch the t-rex actually is.) well, if i remeber right from that tv show, t-rex was a scavenger. so spino should and did win that fight for a reason.....see! speilberg looked into it!
h.
Jurassic Park III was certainly better then the last half of JPII. And yes, T-Rex was a scavenger according to dinosaur experts. So I don't see a problem with the Spino beating the T-Rex. The Spino was a lot sturdier built dinosaur, after all. Hango, Speilburg didn't direct the 3rd one. He only executive produced it, so give credit where credit is due. As for future JP sequels, they are working on pre-production for IV. It's scheduled for a 2005 release. You can read more here. :)

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808404704

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DeadEye
07-30-2002, 06:48 PM
Mr. Binks, your dinosaur facts are flawed. The T-rex was a scavenger, certainly, but the spino sure as hell wasn't an active hunter. The spino, in all likelihood, was also a scavenger, and at best it fished, didn't hunt. The spino is larger than the T-rex, but weighs almost half as much and isn't nearly as strongly built. And the spino's jaws are more delicate...if he bit the T-rex like he did in the movie, it probably would have broken his jaw! :p

El Chuxter
07-30-2002, 06:51 PM
More JP films? Dear God in Heaven no!!!
:eek:

Beast
07-30-2002, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
Mr. Binks, your dinosaur facts are flawed. The T-rex was a scavenger, certainly, but the spino sure as hell wasn't an active hunter. The spino, in all likelihood, was also a scavenger, and at best it fished, didn't hunt. The spino is larger than the T-rex, but weighs almost half as much and isn't nearly as strongly built. And the spino's jaws are more delicate...if he bit the T-rex like he did in the movie, it probably would have broken his jaw! :p
DeadEye, I think I will take the informed opinion and information of an actual Dinosaur expert over yours. You know, the experts that worked on all three of the films. The people that actually have degrees in the field.

And for your information, a alligator or crocodile also weighs alot less then you, but can bite a nice sized hole in you, or remove a limb, if given the chance. The length of the jaws, actually allow it to exert more pressure per square inch, then you obviously think. :)

MTFBWY nad HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
07-30-2002, 08:05 PM
i see you might have watched the crocidile huinter once or twice, jarjar! i watch him all the time and you speek the truth. something like 10000 punds of jaw presure per cudeic inch....alot of power...
h.

hango fett
07-30-2002, 08:08 PM
JJB, i remeber watching the documentary and it said that speilburg didn't direct it...i'm correcting that statment now......

2005, eh? that is when i graduate!!!! and thats when the final instalment of the star wars prequle is out!
of course we all know that!!
h.

DeadEye
07-30-2002, 08:11 PM
Yeah, and a T-rex's jaws are even more than that.

Jar Jar, just because they're dinosaur experts contributing to the films sure as hell doesn't mean they're right. They said in the movies that the T-rex's visual acuity is based on movement, and if you stood still he wouldn't get you...that's BS because he could scent something ten miles away. And they said in the movies that the velociraptors were six feet tall, as fast as cheetahs and as smart as chimpanzees. Velociraptors were actually six feet long and about 2 feet tall. They might have had dog-level intelligence but probably couldn't move faster than ostriches.

Jar Jar, are you calling me stupid? I don't know why the hell you'd choose a so-called "dinosaur expert" over me when they don't even depict the dinosaurs accurately in the movies...besides, I'm just as informed as they are on the subject, having read basically every dinosaur book there is. :D

LTBasker
07-30-2002, 08:19 PM
All I thought about the T-Rex vs. Spino was an over-use of CGI for a sequence that wasn't needed for the story. Just like when they just stand there looking at the Spino before running to that one compound. I'm pretty sure the Spinosaurus would've been running for fresh meat than just standing there with a phone-eating grin.

DeadEye
07-30-2002, 08:30 PM
I know, right? Well, you know how ILM just loves to show off their 'toons...:D

wedgeA
07-30-2002, 10:10 PM
Jar Jar, are you calling me stupid? I don't know why the hell you'd choose a so-called "dinosaur expert" over me when they don't even depict the dinosaurs accurately in the movies...besides, I'm just as informed as they are on the subject, having read basically every dinosaur book there is. :D

Before another argument erupts, please consider these points. Aren't the books you're reading written by the same type of experts than those who worked on the film? Since no one has actually studied these animals live and up close, how is one viewpoint more valid than another?

Anyway, I really enjoyed JP, but it should have stopped there. The Lost World was one the worst films of the 90's, lacked any common sense. JP3 was better than The Lost World, but it was nowhere near the first film. Sam Neil did provide some credibility though.

Pendo
07-31-2002, 09:37 AM
I like all the JP films, but the 2nd one was the worst. I hope they do make another few films, and I hope something is done with that can of cream with dino stuff in it that Dennis Nedry had. The way it was show getting burried by mud in the first film makes it look like it will have something to do with the future!

PENDO!

Beast
07-31-2002, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Pendo
I like all the JP films, but the 2nd one was the worst. I hope they do make another few films, and I hope something is done with that can of cream with dino stuff in it that Dennis Nedry had. The way it was show getting burried by mud in the first film makes it look like it will have something to do with the future!
PENDO!
Problem with that is, that Dyson said that the coolant inside of the cannister would only last either 24 or 48 hours. So I don't think they can do anything with the embryos that got buried in the mud storyline, unless they have a flashback of someone finding it before the coolant was exhausted. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

billfremore
07-31-2002, 11:34 AM
It actually isn't. They plan on a total of six movies and a pressing Crichton to write a new book.

Who are THEY?

And what's next, oh let's get some brave marines fighting against those evil commie dinosaurs. :rolleyes:

Mandalorian Candidat
07-31-2002, 11:42 AM
I totally despised the first movie. It was almost nothing like the book except for Nedry's subplot line and the people getting trapped in the middle of the island with the dinosaurs running around. Maybe I would have liked it better if I hadn't read the book first, I dunno.

I actually like JP2 better than the first just because they put the T-Rex in the middle of San Diego (?) and let it run around. The rest of the movie was just so-so. I supposed I liked it better because it was nothing at all like the book so there was nothing to compare it with except for the excreble first movie.

JP3 sounded so ludicrous I didn't want to waste my money; not even at the $1 theater.

El Chuxter
07-31-2002, 11:46 AM
Let's not argue about the T Rex vs Spinosaur. You both have valid points, even if they're contradictory.

First up, the Spinosaur couldn't have gone ten seconds with a T Rex. The Rex was built for strength. Whether scavenger or predator (more on that in a second), its jaws were designed for crushing bone. The Spinosaur was larger, but much more gracile. Its jaw muscles were strong, no doubt, but it couldn't have snapped a Rex's neck. . . on land. Fossil evidence shows that most of the other members of Spinosaurus's family were fish eaters, and, other than the size, the Spinosaur wasn't built noticeably different from its smaller cousins. Also, its teeth weren't designed to deliver killing blows and would have most likely snapped off.

Dinosaur experts? Well, I'm siding with dinosaur experts when I say I believe Rex was probably one of the nastiest land predators of all time. That's a point that's up for contention. The leading proponent of "scavenger Rex" is Jack Horner. Not to diminish Mr Horner's intellect or past accomplishments, but the theory doesn't hold water with a lot of paleontologists. Horner put forth the theory of dinosaurs as caring parents after discovering Maiasaura about twenty years ago, and I wonder if he feels obligated to put forth more controversial theories. His discussion on T Rex seems loopy at times, leaving out major points about Rex's anatomy or writing them off as inconsequential--he's even done computer modeling and come up with completely different results than anyone else (eg, the speed of a Rex). And he goes to great length to convince the non-scientific community of the validity of this theory and how all scientists believe it. Given that he was the consultant on JP///, I wouldn't doubt if the outcome of the battle was another ego trip for him.

I have no doubt that Rex often scavenged or chased smaller predators from their kills, and probably preferred these methods to hunting. But how many predators don't?

I could live with the battle just from that perspective, no matter how wrong it is. It's just a movie, after all. But this was a serious storytelling issue with me. In JP and TLW:JP, the Rex was a anti-hero of sorts. He kills off the Raptors in JP, and the mother Rex's search for her baby is the climax of TLW:JP. But in JP///, he's tossed aside like an festering bowl of dog snot--and far too early in the film, I might add--only to prove how big and bad the Spinosaur is. . . and to top it off, the Spinosaur subplot fizzles out long before the climax. If the movie were true to the only Jurassic Park films that are worthy of the name, there would have at least been a Spinosaur/Raptor finale.

hango fett
07-31-2002, 03:09 PM
the final thing is that raptors are smater than dolphins and primates. that means they are about the same as us. the reason the spino stood there is because he had a plan. he was going to sneek up and probably just chomp on them if they hadn't heard the phone. he had to be pretty smart to make them think he was giving up and then crash through the gate. no question about that.
h.

The True Maul
07-31-2002, 04:04 PM
I like them there pretty good, except JP2 is ok not the best!!!! :)

billfremore
07-31-2002, 04:10 PM
...besides, I'm just as informed as they are on the subject, having read basically every dinosaur book there is. :D

Would you mind listing all of these books and their author?
I'd be interested in reading up on some of this information.

Jonna
07-31-2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by billfremore

Would you mind listing all of these books and their author?
I'd be interested in reading up on some of this information.

Just wanted to restate that.

Anywho, I like the idea, but really didn't care for the movies.:o

wedgeA
07-31-2002, 04:37 PM
billfremore,

Sorry to be off topic but because of your location line, I've gotta ask if you've ever seen that SNL skit regarding the Nerf Crotch Bat. Hilarious.

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-31-2002, 04:41 PM
dont like jp films for some reason

billfremore
07-31-2002, 04:44 PM
Ooh the nerf crotch bat, that sounds like it'd work better than a bat to the head.

Thanks Wedge.

"Yeah good shooting Wedge"

Capitan_Moroni
07-31-2002, 04:53 PM
Well, since Jeff Goldblume is a human wasteland.....:rolleyes: :D

Alex Trebeck: "You wrote the number 2?"

Jeff Goldblume: "Yes, uh huh, the letter 2 my friend."

Alex Trebeck: "2 is of course, a number"

Jeff Goldblume: "I cant read or write......"

darthvyn
07-31-2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Capitan_Moroni
Well, since Jeff Goldblume is a human wasteland.....:rolleyes: :D

Alex Trebeck: "You wrote the number 2?"

Jeff Goldblume: "Yes, uh huh, the letter 2 my friend."

Alex Trebeck: "2 is of course, a number"

Jeff Goldblume: "I cant read or write......"

jeff goldblum seems to be doing tai chi...

anyway... yes, i like all the jp movies. i just love dinosaurs. i think they did them so cool in all the movies. i also like how the plot of #3 makes fun of #1. i also like how much #2 focuses on ian, and how in 3, grant make a comment about how he wasn't involved in the "incident in san diego" hah!

as i have said before, if i hadn't of gone to art school, i would've considered being a paleontologist.

Jek Porky 2002
08-04-2002, 11:37 AM
I love Jurassic Park, The Lost World goes waaaaaaay over the top, and Jurassic Park III is great although they could have given it a proper name, it seems out of place.

mylow thehutt
08-31-2002, 05:42 PM
:confused:I heard it was on it's way,any info will be nice. :)

DeadEye
08-31-2002, 05:48 PM
There is one in the works. Spielberg will return to the director's chair and is trying to convince Chrichton to write another book.

Jek Porky 2002
08-31-2002, 05:49 PM
I hope there isn't although I love the movies and I thought that no 3 was way better than The Lost World, but I just think they are in danger of taking them too far, and the brilliance of the first one would be for nothing!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-31-2002, 06:16 PM
The second one was good, but a little bit farfetched in places. "Hey, watch me kick a dinosaur while doing aerobics!" The third one was too short and kind of strange. At least III had the main guy and gal of I. IV would be interesting . . .

QLD
08-31-2002, 06:18 PM
STOP while the stopping is good!!!!

HOLY CHRIST!!!!!!

I think if you make two bad sequels in a row, you should be legally required to stop making them!!!!

2 and 3 sucked so bad, that they went full circle, stopped sucking, and then started sucking all over again!!!

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

2-1B
08-31-2002, 06:20 PM
Is there?
Will there?
Only time will tell, let's hope not for QLD's sake . . . :cry:

bigbarada
08-31-2002, 07:07 PM
The raptors seem to get smarter in every movie. What will they be doing for #4, flying low-level bombing missions in F-117s?:stupid::D

mylow thehutt
08-31-2002, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
The raptors seem to get smarter in every movie. What will they be doing for #4, flying low-level bombing missions in F-117s?:stupid::D

That be well to see.:)

I'm just Glad Spilberg is back to do this one.;)

Beast
08-31-2002, 09:48 PM
He'll probably only produce this one, just like he produced the last one. Spielburg doesn't direct much anymore, unless it's somthing close to his heart. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rogue II
08-31-2002, 10:08 PM
I thought Jurrasic Park 2 was so bad, I didn't bother to see the third movie. I lump JP2 into a pile with many other movies from the 1990's that spent lots of money on CGI and very little in writing.

Ok, in JP2, I did find the T-Rex chasing the Japanese tourists (a la Godzilla) funny.

rynobot
08-31-2002, 11:49 PM
I liked number 2 , I say it in the theater, but I was like 14 yearrs old. If it was well done and orginal like the first one then it would be awsome. :)

hango fett
09-01-2002, 07:22 AM
there is alot of possibilitys for a 4th...since the damn pterodactlys escaped. it should be something along that line, if not, they go back to the first island for some reason, and get into trouble with some new/old dino...
h
this goes in the other movie section, i belive...dar' argol??

Jek Porky 2002
09-01-2002, 08:30 AM
Not only do the Raptors get smarter, thier head keep changing shape aswell, and in JP3, they where blue with feathers on thier heads.

If they do make a 4th I hope they give it a name, because we've got Jurrasic Park, The Lost World and then Jurrasic Park III, they didn't go over board on the name there did they! Actually they did plan to call it The Breakout or The Extinction, why did they no go with these in the end?

DeadEye
09-01-2002, 08:53 AM
The reason raptors keep changing shape is because between the movies, paleontologists find more complete skeletons and have a better idea of what they looked like.
One thing I always wondered was the boat that crashed at the end of TLW. The rex was caged but all the crew was dead, mutilated. Rumor has it there were raptors on board that escaped into the city! :D

Jek Porky 2002
09-01-2002, 08:57 AM
I know that was why they keep changing, I was just joking:o

Pendo
09-01-2002, 09:12 AM
I wouldn't mind it if they made a 4th, I just hope they don't go too far with it. I thought the 1st one was cool but the sequels are crap! I think if they do a 4th it should be back on the 1st island (I know the dinos are dead on that island but they could think of some why to bring 'em back). I don't like the Site B island and there isn't really anywhere else on it to explore. I hope 4 will be the end though, and I also hope it will be the original people back again for one last bite ;)(Ian, Alan, Elle, Tim, Lex, John, etc.).

PENDO!

hango fett
09-01-2002, 09:21 AM
i think deadeye said a while back that there would be 6 of them total....i think...
h

Pendo
09-01-2002, 09:22 AM
SIX?!?! I think that's going too far! I'd still watch them all, but they'd be CRAP!!!

PENDO!

DeadEye
09-01-2002, 09:43 AM
Yeah...they probably will all be crap. Apparently Spielberg has some ideas for the series that have yet to see light.

General Veers
09-01-2002, 10:13 AM
I think that John Hammond died in the second one, but I'm not to sure of that. In the Jurassic Park 1 book Hammond dies, but he could still be sick.:)

Eternal Padawan
09-01-2002, 10:22 AM
Jurassic Park is sort of a Brand Name, y'know? As long as they do decent Box Office, they'll crank out more.

ROLLO!

DeadEye
09-01-2002, 12:51 PM
Hammond didn't die in the second one.

hango fett
09-01-2002, 08:44 PM
i like hamond....but why hasn't dar argol or any other omd moved this to the "others" movie section? i think i will go watch all 3 again....just for the hell of it....
h

Dar' Argol
09-01-2002, 08:56 PM
OK everyone, make sure you have all of you belonings, as things tend to shuffle in a move:D

bigbarada
09-01-2002, 09:50 PM
Maybe if the next films focused on the dinosaurs actually getting off the island and taking over South America. That would be pretty cool.:)

Beast
09-01-2002, 10:00 PM
They should make it like Gremlins 2, and have the Raptors drink genetic material and mutate. I can see it now, one of them gains the abilty to talk, with Tony Randel supplying the voice. :crazed: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DeadEye
09-01-2002, 10:35 PM
They ought to make one where humans actually fight the dinosaurs. Like, with weapons. At the end of JP3 I was so expecting the Marines to be gunning down raptors. :D

And in the first book, Hammond was a real jerk and was eaten by compys at the end.

BoShek
09-01-2002, 11:05 PM
JP III brought magic back to the series. I can't wait for IV, as long as it's good as III or I.

Beast
09-01-2002, 11:12 PM
They should never make a film where humans are slaughtering the dinos with weapons. The dinosaurs are doing nothing wrong, only what they did naturally millions of years ago. Infact that goes against what was learned in JP 1, that humans shouldn't play god. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
09-02-2002, 01:13 AM
No humans shouldn't be shown slaughtering the dinos. However, showing the dinos slaughtering humans would be great! Stupid humans!:)

Am I the only one who always rooted for the monster in monster-movies?

Beast
09-02-2002, 01:20 AM
Agreed BigB, as I said the Dinosaurs are doing nothing that isn't natural for them. They are killing to eat and survive. Unlike humans that kill for less noble reasons. :)

You weren't the only one, I also always felt like that, especially with what sickening things the human race is known for. That's why the old monster movies like Godzilla were so good. They were created by the stupidity of humans, that became like a force of nature and repayed humanity for what it had done. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

BlahBlahBlah
09-02-2002, 09:06 AM
Hammond died in the book, yes, but let's not forget: So did Malcolm. Chrichton never gives a good reason in the book to bring the character back, he just shows up.

I've read both books numerous times. I love them. I actually think The Lost World was even better than Jurassic Park, the movie or the book. The TWL movie was so different from the book... IIRC, the trailer scene with the T-rexes was the only scene that survived. Which is sad, because it had the potential to be a great movie.

scruffziller
09-05-2002, 10:14 AM
Here is some lowdown.Jurassic Park IV (http://movies.go.com/movies/J/jurassicparkiv_2004/index.html)

Pendo
09-05-2002, 02:03 PM
Thanx for the link scruffziller :)

Jeff Goldblum??? I hope Ian Malcom and Alan Grant are teamed up again :).

PENDO!

hango fett
10-01-2002, 07:42 PM
One thing I always wondered was the boat that crashed at the end of TLW. The rex was caged but all the crew was dead, mutilated. Rumor has it there were raptors on board that escaped into the city! :D

or maybe some compies got on board or a dilophosouraus!
h

Prince Xizor
10-01-2002, 09:46 PM
They NEED to bring Goldblum back. He was the best part of the first one, and about the only thing I liked about the second one. (Although his character was TOTALLY differant in each movie).

They also need to not bring back Macy or Leoni from JP3, God that was such a bad bad bad movie.

I have heard that Sam Neil doesn't want to do anymore JP's, so I guess that means he's out for this one.

And there was also a rumor that Vince Vaughn (From The Lost World) would be in the 4th one. And that unfortunetly, Joe Johnston would be directing it. Ugh....

Read about it here:
http://www.corona.bc.ca/films/details/jp4.html

mini-rock
10-02-2002, 02:27 AM
I like all the JP movies, and can't wait to see a forth one when made. I know that Sam Niel won't be in it, but I'd also like to see him & Goldblum team up.:D

I didn't really care much for Vaughn's character in JP2, and could care less if he returns.:rolleyes:

Lman316
10-02-2002, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by BlahBlahBlah
Hammond died in the book, yes, but let's not forget: So did Malcolm. Chrichton never gives a good reason in the book to bring the character back, he just shows up.

I've read both books numerous times. I love them. I actually think The Lost World was even better than Jurassic Park, the movie or the book. The TWL movie was so different from the book... IIRC, the trailer scene with the T-rexes was the only scene that survived. Which is sad, because it had the potential to be a great movie.

Actually, in The Lost World (the book), Malcolm did give reason as to why he was there, instead of dead, as we all had thought. He said that everyone either thought he was dead or that they said he was "technically dead". I could go grab it and look - it's right in the first few pages - but I'm lazy :D.

I always thought that the books were much better than the movies ever were. I was disappointed with the Lost World as a movie and all these crap ideas that Spielberg threw in really ruined it. Like the the end sequence with the T-Rex, I hated that; it was totally unrealistic and well, just dumb. I'd like to see how a T-Rex could get its snout into that cabin (IIRC, there was a hand, just a hand, hanging onto one of the controls of the ship. But that door was like a foot and a half wide :rolleyes:.) Ugh. Both books had better endings and just better material :).

Now, on the issue of 4, I've actually thought about it, and if they do it right, I wouldn't mind seeing it done. I was actually thinking about writing it myself (if I ever got "established" as an author :)) and I had a really good idea of what could be seen in this one.
My idea would basically be a prequel. We'd see all the work that Hammond puts into making his park and his creations with a few "accidents" that happen along the way: animals getting lose, other characters trying to steal them, and one that just popped into my head: how about genetic mutations? For instance, they're not going to get a perfect dinosaur on the first shot. Why not show all the "test run" animals and possibly make something out of that? :crazed: I dont' know. Just a few ideas :).

If they do it right though (doesn't have to be any of that stuff I mentioned), I would watch it. I wasn't too impressed with 3. It was watchable, but nothing to write home about.

End...

BlahBlahBlah
10-02-2002, 10:26 PM
Really? Hmm.. I've read it twice, and never caught anything. I'll check it out later. Thanks for pointing that out.

Lman316
10-02-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by BlahBlahBlah
Really? Hmm.. I've read it twice, and never caught anything. I'll check it out later. Thanks for pointing that out.

No problem. I've got it right here, though. On the first page of the prolouge:

Malcolm had, in fact, been reported dead in several newscasts. "I was sorry to cut short the celebrations in mathematics departments around the country," he later said, "but it turned out I was only slightly dead. The surgeons have done wonders, as they will be the first to tell you. So now I am back - in my next iteration, you might say."

BlahBlahBlah
10-03-2002, 08:56 AM
Ahhh, thanks. I can't believe I never caught that.

mini-rock
10-05-2002, 03:33 AM
And what about Lex & Tim? Are we ever going to see them again?

Jayspawn
10-07-2002, 01:45 AM
See. They kind of wraped up the characters of Grant (Neil) and Malcom (Goldblum) in the present movies. They got away with bringing back characters that said they'd never return. So I don't think they could pull it off again. I don't think that the 2 kids Tim (Mozello) and Lex (Richards) would ever get themselves into it again. And Satler (Dern) was taken care of in III. Vaughn's character in II was ok, not as special as the originals.

I don't think that Spielberg would direct a 4th Jurassic movie. Its not his style. He only makes originals.

Battle Droid
10-10-2002, 04:28 PM
Got this from www.dansjp3page.com

Sam Says He'll 'Possibly' Be Involved in JP4

Long-time site reader Clinton reports that last weekend's edition of Kiwi magazine "The New Zealand Listener" featured a talk with fellow New Zealander Sam Neill, who once again hints that JP4 is in development, and that he just might play a part, according to Spielberg:

Q: The role you're most internationally recognised for is probably Alan Grant from Jurassic Park. Any truth to the reports there will be yet another sequel? Are you involved?

SN: Oh, well I could...Actually, I'm...(laughs). I'm not sure what I'm allowed to say in regard to this. Yes, another Jurassic Park is in the developmental stages at the moment. I think I can say that without being arrested, or eaten by one of those scary dinosaurs (laughs). As for my involvement, it's a possibility. I certainly had a ripper of a time doing the previous two, so I have no objection in that respect. Steven (Spielberg) has spoken with me briefly about the new story they are working on, which is remarkably inventive and intriguing, by the way.

Q: Any plot teasers you would care to share with New Zealand first?

SN: (laughs heartily) You really DO want to get me arrested, don't you? No, I'm very sorry, no juicy secrets from me. Steven has indicated I may have some part in the film, but I'll leave it at that. From what I know, it's pretty early goings. As always, I'll wait for the finished script, and just see how my schedule shapes up.

The Overlord Returns
10-10-2002, 04:32 PM
good lord..........kill the dinosaurs already...

Beast
10-10-2002, 04:41 PM
Better idea. Kill all the stupid humans that keep going back to the damn islands. :D I wonder what inventive plot idea they will come up with that will get Grant to go back to the island. Some people just never learn. :rolleyes: :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
10-10-2002, 04:48 PM
They need to get to Costa Rica like in the novels, and get off those islands.

And involve Biosyn.

LTBasker
10-10-2002, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Better idea. Kill all the stupid humans that keep going back to the damn islands. :D I wonder what inventive plot idea they will come up with that will get Grant to go back to the island. Some people just never learn. :rolleyes: :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

[Camera Zooms in]

ONE MILLION DOLLARS!

*raises pinky to mouth*

'Course don't forget JP///'s ending, dang it, now they gotta hunt them dern old birds over Enid, Oklahoma! Oh well I never did like Enid anyways. Take it away.

When are those frickin dinos gonna go extinct again anyways?

Then again if they had done Jurassic Park /// right, then they wouldn't want to make a fourth so that people will "forget" the third. :rolleyes:

Beast
10-10-2002, 07:40 PM
Actually, from what I heard about the fourth film, it will have nothing to do with the Pterodons that we see flying away at the end of III. They are going to go a different direction with the franchise. :rolleyes: :p

In my opinion, Jurassic Park III was almost as good as the first film, and tons better then the second one. That whole Godzilla type ending to the second film was complete crap. The third movie fits much better in with the events of the first. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
10-10-2002, 08:00 PM
In my opinion, Jurassic Park III was almost as good as the first film, and tons better then the second one. That whole Godzilla type ending to the second film was complete crap. The third movie fits much better in with the events of the first.

Agreed.

master jedi
10-10-2002, 09:57 PM
The first one was great. The second one was ok. And the third one was sheer c**p of a monkey. Now they're making a part 4?
This is so terrible I'm speechless.

Remember the canister that Wayne Knights character dropped that wass full of the dino (dna or whatever it was)? Well I think they should try to tie that in somehow in the next JP movie if in fact they are going to make a next one.

Battle Droid
10-10-2002, 10:00 PM
Remember the canister that Wayne Knights character dropped that wass full of the dino (dna or whatever it was)? Well I think they should try to tie that in somehow in the next JP movie if in fact they are going to make a next one.

It only had enough coolant for 36 hours, after that the embryos were dead and useless.

Beast
10-10-2002, 10:04 PM
Master Jedi, I doubt that that can be used as a plot device for the fourth movie. Remember that Dodgson tells Nedry that the cannister only has enough coolant to keep the embreo's viable for 36 hours. And of course, while I was checking the DVD for the time, Battle Droid beat me. Good job! :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mini-rock
10-11-2002, 02:19 AM
I saw the same news over at comingsoon.net. I think these are all fun films and I love that a JP4 is in the works. Even better if Sam Niel comes back.:)

Oh yeah, and when JP4 is released on DVD it'll have a DTS track most likely.

QLD
10-11-2002, 02:34 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*gasp*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Did I mention that I thought this was a bad idea?

They should have stopped after 1.

LTBasker
10-11-2002, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
In my opinion, Jurassic Park III was almost as good as the first film, and tons better then the second one. That whole Godzilla type ending to the second film was complete crap. The third movie fits much better in with the events of the first. :)
Binks

GodZilly ending sucked true, but the rest of the movie fit perfectly with the other one. InGen was a bunch of greedy jerks, and that's what happened when they thought they ruled. JP/// was riddled with plot holes, continuity errors, and just flat-out bad plot. :)

The whole canister bit from Jurassic Park, true the coolant could last for only 38 hours, then again the cold mud packed on top of it would've given it extra time by possibly keeping the coolant lasting a little longer. Although it's been a little way too long and I doubt without perfect centers that the embryos would've actually stayed alive and plus due to all the mud that probably fell on top of it afterwards, it's probably next to impossible to find let along get to. And even if they did the embryos would probably definitely die the minute they took them out of it.

Maybe this time they'll put up more effective "No trespassing" signs on the Islands like "Step on island, get shot or chewed."

Darth Nihilus
10-11-2002, 10:42 AM
I saw JP3 twice without paying and felt ripped off each time.

Pendo
10-11-2002, 11:33 AM
"...which is remarkably inventive and intriguing" They're not giving the dinosaurs laser guns are they :sur:!!!
I thought the third one was a decent film, the second was total poo, and the first ruled :D. I really think it is a BAD idea for a 4th, and what "inventive and intriguing" thing can they do with the dinosaurs. They EAT, nothing more than that! :rolleyes:

I don't think it should be made, but if it is PLEASE give Ellie a larger roll than she did in the 3rd one, she was cool :D.

PENDO!

master jedi
10-11-2002, 03:08 PM
I mean they could expand on the story of the people people trying to get those embreos. The 4th moviecould be about those people trying to get some other embryos or some other way to clone the dinos because of Nedrys failure to deliver.

mini-rock
10-11-2002, 07:39 PM
I mean they could expand on the story of the people people trying to get those embreos. The 4th moviecould be about those people trying to get some other embryos or some other way to clone the dinos because of Nedrys failure to deliver.

When I first heard of a JP2 being made, thought for sure it had to do with that canister in the mud. Hell, for all we know the other company could have gone in right away after Hammond, Grant, Sadler, and Malcom left to get the what was left.

Nexu
10-11-2002, 08:03 PM
Hey, I never thought of that. :)

Yep, just another sucky sequel.

Pendo
10-12-2002, 07:54 AM
I'd like to see them go to the 1st Island again. I know the dinosaurs on there are all supposed to be dead, but they could think of some way to put them back on there.

Or perhaps InGen (or another company) finaly get the Theme Park open!

I think it will suck though :(.

PENDO!

SithDroid
10-12-2002, 01:24 PM
While I enjoy the Jurassic Park movies, I think that it is time to put an end to them. The first movie was fantastic, the second movie was so, so and the third movie was pretty stupid. They just keep getting worse. Ooh theres some dinosaurs, let's run from them.

master jedi
10-12-2002, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by mini-rock

When I first heard of a JP2 being made, thought for sure it had to do with that canister in the mud. Hell, for all we know the other company could have gone in right away after Hammond, Grant, Sadler, and Malcom left to get the what was left.

That's what I htought too. But nnnnooooooo.

mini-rock
10-15-2002, 08:21 PM
News from theforce.net (http://theforce.net/episode3/index.shtml) shows John Williams has been approached by SS to do JP4.:)

edit - spelling error

hango fett
10-16-2002, 12:26 PM
i though the 3rs one was great! i love the spino! he rocked! i knew t-rex wasn't the only big predator. he was a scavenger anyway!
h

mini-rock
10-16-2002, 01:08 PM
i though the 3rs one was great! i love the spino! he rocked! i knew t-rex wasn't the only big predator. he was a scavenger anyway!
h

I agree. It will be interesting to see what they come up with for the next one. I'm hoping they show something that's insanely huge.

master jedi
10-16-2002, 11:27 PM
h
What! you liked it?! the spno sucked. the t-rex should have won the fight. the rex bit the spinos neck once and doesn't stun the spino. then the spino bites the t-rexs nexk once and it falls over dead. That is what i call major c***y s***.

mini-rock
10-17-2002, 02:24 AM
The Spino didn't just bite the T-Rex on the neck, it snapped it with it's mouth and hands. Maybe if the T-Rex had bigger or longer arms it could have won, but it can't do diddly with those puny things.

Pendo
10-17-2002, 12:29 PM
Scientists say that the T-Rex would've won the fight no problem! I prefer the T-Rex than the Spino. I hope the Rex is the main dino in JP4!!

PENDO!

SQueek
10-17-2002, 12:38 PM
i read a spolier for JP/// that turned out not to be true, but if it was i would of liked the movie 10x better. anyways it went that the spino came back at the end and ate some millitary guys, but then the other rex came out and killed the spino. they fly away and the rex roars. i guess you could add the dino bird guys in there still but it just would of been sooo much better, period.

Pendo
10-17-2002, 01:19 PM
That would have been cool SQueek :D. Hey, it may have happened but just been cut :(.

I don't care what happens in JP IV, as long as it's a cool film, and dinosaurs don't go to any big citties :rolleyes:.

PENDO!

mini-rock
10-17-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Pendo
Scientists say that the T-Rex would've won the fight no problem! I prefer the T-Rex than the Spino. I hope the Rex is the main dino in JP4!!

PENDO!

Hmm. Never knew that. Well luckily for the Spino even a dog has it's day, anyone can win the lottery.

master jedi
10-17-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by mini-rock
The Spino didn't just bite the T-Rex on the neck, it snapped it with it's mouth and hands. Maybe if the T-Rex had bigger or longer arms it could have won, but it can't do diddly with those puny things.

Yeah but you would think that the bite the t-rex gave to the spinos neck would have at least crippled it or something.

Anyways, the t-rex should have won.

Battle Droid
10-17-2002, 05:11 PM
From www.dansjp3page.com

Billy on JP4: 'I hope not'

Interesting little tid-bit from IGN FilmForce this morning, as Steve is reporting that in a recent interview with Alessandro Nivola for his upcoming movie Laurel Canyon, JP3's Billy says that he really hopes there won't be a JP4, as the first one was "a really trying experience", probably reffering to the repeated delays and harsh filming conditions that other JP3 cast members have spoken out about in the past (William H. Macy, I'm looking in your direction..) "I have to say, Sam Neill got me through it... he played ukulele, and we could sit around in our trailers and strum Beach Boys songs." he adds. "And if it hadn't been for that, I would have gone out of my mind." Read the entire article here. (Thanks Andrew)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-19-2002, 12:34 PM
I dunno, if anybody has read any of the books, they'll agree that I think things went kinda downhill after Crichton left the team. Even though LW was pure doo after they left the island, it was still good (aside from Malcom's annoying daughter). I loved the first JP, liked the second one (until the ending) and actually liked the third one, despite it's flaws. I think that if Spielberg can fix ties with Cricthon, he can write a really good script. I'll be looking forward to it.

Battle Droid
10-22-2002, 05:34 PM
Stan Winston said this during the Dinosaur Secrets Revealed show last night on the History Channel.

"We didn't go to feathered dinosaurs [in JP3] just because there didn't seem to be the proper place for it... So when Jurassic Park 4 (holds up four fingers) [happens] -- when we do the feathered dinosaurs -- we'll be happy to put the feathers on."

I think he was joking though.

mini-rock
10-22-2002, 05:44 PM

Yeah but you would think that the bite the t-rex gave to the spinos neck would have at least crippled it or something.

True. Maybe the T-Rex will get it's revenge in the next film.

Battle Droid
10-23-2002, 04:39 PM
Here's a link to video of Winston saying it.

http://iago.nac.net/~splat/JPIV.wmv

Thanks goes to www.dansjp3page.com

Tycho
10-29-2002, 11:45 PM
The Plot: James Kirby returns because he had to get a number he'd saved in his cell phone!

A rescue attempt is made with AT&T troops as opposed to ATF agents.

The dinosaurs are repelled by telemarketers and a new program to clone the telemarketers using JP technology threatens to destroy world sanity.

Now the dinosaurs are the good guys and only the velociraptors can save us from the threat the release of the new clones off the island would mean.

Peace at Dinner Time in Jurassic Park takes on a whole new meaning as it's 5:59 pm, a finger reaches for the speed-dial button - and only a velociraptor getting his dinner can save you peace of mind for yours...

Jurassic Park 3: The Lost Peace.

Battle Droid
11-05-2002, 04:00 PM
Sam Neill talks more about JPIV.

From www.darkhorizons.com

Sam Neill was in Queenstown, New Zealand recently and 'Mark' got to speak to him about the fourth 'Jurassic' flick: "Yeah, Steven Spielberg and his people are quite busy prepping another one. There is a chance you'll see me in it. I'm as surprised as anyone, because I didn't think there was any way they could get Alan Grant involved again. But they came up with a clever idea. Steven just blew me away with the story....something frightnening is happening concerning those dinosaurs that doesn't necessarily bode well for us humans. Scientists never seem to learn". What sort of tone can we expect? "You know that feeling when you first saw the original film, and you were so in awe, and felt so swept away and mesmerised by the sheer majesty of it all? I believe this premise has the potential to elicit that same kind of response. Out of all the concepts that've been created for these movies, this is possibly my favorite".

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-05-2002, 06:28 PM
BD- Thank you for that!!!! Gives me some actual hope for it! :D

Battle Droid
11-07-2002, 04:11 PM
Jurassic Park IV Officially Confirmed!

From, http://www.cinecon.com/news.php?id=0211071

Variety reports that Universal Pictures has tapped William Monahan to pen the script for "Jurassic Park 4." Steven Spielberg is expected to serve as the Executive Producer, with Kathleen Kennedy as the producer again. No director has been announced yet.

BanthaPoodoo
11-07-2002, 05:17 PM
I think the reason JP2 was not very good was because they did not stay true to the novel at all.

I read the novel & said this movie is gonna rock. Then I saw the movie & was like, erm? What's going on?

They need to pull a Lucas & go back & redo JP2 to be like the novel, then rerelease it. They would have a big winner on their hands.

James Boba Fettfield
04-14-2003, 10:40 AM
More news on this subject thanks to Stan Winston.

In an interview with FX man Stan Winston about Terminator 3, Stan made some comments about the new Jurassic Park. This is in the latest issue of BOXOFFICE magazine.

What's happening concerning Jurassic Park IV?

SW- Plenty of brainstorming sessions with Steven Spielberg! Even though it's pretty early in the piece, things are moving forward very nicely. We're into the design phase here at the studio. Our drawings and concepts get submitted to Steven, who makes changes or corrections if he wants to. We're doing a lot of research and checking up on the latest dinosaur theories, because this has always been about making the animals as accurate and realistic as possible. We're just getting an idea of how challenging this project will be. During our concept meetings, Steven has said 'I want a particular dinosaur to do this, this, and this. Can you do that?' Yeah, yeah, we can do it. He asks me how we are going to do it and I just say 'I don't know how we will do it, but we'll figure out a way to do it and we'll do it' (laughs). There is no official director yet, but yeah, it is going ahead slowly but surely.

What do you hope to achieve with a fourth installment?

SW- From a creature standpoint? We're going beyond what we have done in the first three films. For example, there will be motors inside the raptors this time, which gives you a more direct relationship of point of movement to point of control. We have so much now in our knowledge bank of what we can do live with animatronics, and how much we can do with digital animation. We'll continue to blend these technologies in ways they've never been blended before. My goal on Jurassic Park IV is to show the audience something that hasn't been seen before, or what's been seen before, but in a different way - raise the bar and do it in ways that people have not seen before. You use what you've done and you take the bar further.

How will Jurassic Park IV's story improve on what has been seen previously?

SW- All I can say at this stage is that it's extremely exciting. Expect to see many new dinosaurs, as well as some old favorites from the last three movies. There are also several previously unfilmed scenes from Michael Crichton's novels which Steven is looking to adapt, plus a whole bunch of really creative new stuff. It's all coming together to create what should be a remarkable cinematic experience. If you thought we sent the world into dino-mania back in 1993, hah! You ain't seen nothin' yet. If dinosaurs are big now, they're going to be huge come 2005.
Jurassic Park IV (http://www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/archive/fullnews.cgi?newsid1050297871,28882,)

Tonysmo
04-15-2003, 02:59 AM
I cant believe some of you didnt care for III. I thought it was action packed through the whole movie. Very cool indeed. Even now when I hear someones cell phone ring with that particular ring I always turn around to make sure there isnt a huge dinosaur breathing down my neck.. ( oh like you guys have never heard that ring outside the movie.. )

as for IV, Im all for it. Sheese, Ive got a kid who loves the movies, so the more the merrier.. I do think that IV should include twin chinese women who fit in the palm of your hand.. they need to be able to sing of course.. sing well enough to have the original Godzilla ( RUBBER SUIT!! ) break out of one of the mountains.. then he can eat the dinos and save all the stupid humans who are all trespassing anyway....

ok... maybe not...

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-15-2003, 08:36 AM
I loved the original JP film (saw it 10 times in the theaters) and still do today. TLW is a great movie up until the T-Rex hits san Fran. I also wasn't fond of Malcom's daughter, at all, she was just annoying. As for JP III, i loved it. Sure, the ending was really.....odd, but it brought this cheesey sorta B-movie style feel to how the Grant outwitted the raptors. I also wanted Tea Leoni to meet a horrible death at the hands of a raptor, but beggars can't be choosers.

I'll be seeing JP4 in 2005, cause i trust that Spielberg will revive the genre again and the possiblities of Grant and Malcom to return would just be awesome. cheers!! :D

Kidhuman
04-15-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Tonysmo
I cant believe some of you didnt care for III. I thought it was action packed through the whole movie.

I didn't care for any of them. Sure it had good special effects but to me it was the same as any other dinosaur attack movie. Plot was kinda corny. If it was left as one film without sequels I think it would have been better off. How many different places can dinosaurs attack without it getting played?

Tonysmo
04-16-2003, 01:28 AM
Well maybe they will up the ante for JP IV and bring in the cast from the old Dinosaur sitcom... well.. maybe...

James Boba Fettfield
04-16-2003, 01:28 AM
Not the mama, you say. If only they would, Tony.

Kidhuman
04-16-2003, 08:50 AM
Or maybe JP IV will be a golden girls reunion.

Amy
04-17-2003, 08:52 PM
I love 1 and 3. I get made fun of for liking part 3 sometimes, but that dont change nuttin.;)

mrmiller
04-21-2003, 03:15 PM
I wonder if in Jurassic Park 4 if Will and Holly will make their way home? And if the do, will Cha-ka come with them?

=MATT=

Battle Droid
05-06-2003, 03:28 PM
Keira Knightley aka Ep1's Sabe in talks to be in JPIV?

From, www.dansjp3page.com

Keira Knightley In Talks For JP4?
Could the up-and-coming English actress Keira Knightley (star of the recent surprise hit Bend it Like Beckham and the upcoming Pirates of the Caribbean) be in talks to star in the fourth JP movie? According to Countingdown.com, a member of the Pirates crew apparently learned that she met with Spielberg and Kathleen Kennedy during production to talk about a possible role in the film, where she would play John Hammond's granddaughter. Of course, we don't know whether this is true, or just a rumor started by a rabid Knightley/JP fan who wants attention. Time will tell... (Thanks 'pack hunter' and Kevy Mac).

Pendo
05-06-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
where she would play John Hammond's granddaughter.

Does this mean Lex, or another grand daughter? If it's Lex then I would rather try and get the original actress, Ariana Richards, to play the part. If not then Keira Knightley would be a good choice :).

PENDO!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-06-2003, 04:35 PM
hehehehehhe good call, Pendo!! When i was a younger lad, i was in love with ms. Ariana. (sigh) oh, to be at that young age again. :D

Battle Droid
05-06-2003, 04:59 PM
Does this mean Lex, or another grand daughter?

Most likely another grand daughter, if they wanted Ariana, I'm sure they could get her, and I also don't know why they wouldn't want Ariana.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-28-2004, 01:13 PM
I found this while browsing over at Dark Horizons and figured i'd post it:

Jurassic Park IV
For a long time we've heard talk about Spielberg's 'great idea' for the story of the fourth "Jurassic Park" movie that has gotten people exicted about the franchise. Well long time DH informer 'Undergear' finally has the scoop on what that idea might be:

"All these rumors about Jurassic Park 4 are false. They are retooling the script (out to big name doctors right now) But here's the worst part... All this talk about this "brilliant" idea, well... I cannot begin to tell you how bad his idea is...The government has trained dinosaurs to carry weapons and use them for battle purposes. I am not kidding!".

Frankly, i think the whole rumor is probably crap, but still, it's interesting to think about how they could use this idea....then again, i don't think they really could do this, but i guess we'll see. Cheers! :D

Droid
04-28-2004, 02:12 PM
My prediction for the new idea - the dinosaurs start to evolve very quickly so that they are smarter, perhaps smaller. They will probably challenge humans for control of the planet. I fear the dinsosaurs WILL carry weapons, and perhaps, God help us, talk.

El Chuxter
04-28-2004, 02:37 PM
I foresee the line, "Get your stinkin' paws off me, you damn dirty Velociraptor!"

scruffziller
04-28-2004, 04:30 PM
(In David Spade Voice) I liked this movie the first time I saw it when it was called....................................SUPER MARIO BROTHERS 2.........:D :rolleyes:

Pendo
04-29-2004, 05:19 AM
LMAO! What a way to kill a nearly-dead franchise :crazed:!

PENDO!

Battle Droid
08-17-2004, 01:16 PM
http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=18166

:speech:

bigbarada
08-17-2004, 02:15 PM
It sounded great when they were just talking about a full-on dinosaur invasion on American soil; but a squad of commando dinosaurs in body armor?..... What the heck is that?

:stupid:

Droid
08-17-2004, 02:38 PM
Battle armored dinosaurs! This thing sounds awful!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-17-2004, 03:26 PM
Ugh . . . excuse me while I vomit. This is incredibly stupid! Just let the franchise die, neither of the sequels were that good anyway, but this one just is dumb.

evenflow
08-17-2004, 04:04 PM
Just terrible. They should have stopped after the first one.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-17-2004, 06:24 PM
I dunno. He really skims over the rest of the script for anybody to give a decent judgement. It starts off interesting with dinosaurs on the mainland and then we meet Hammond again and his idea of breeding new dinosaurs to kill the old ones and then we head back to JP briefly to track down the shaving cream can of nedry's then he only briefly mentions mercenary dinosaurs. Frankly, i would love to see this be an all out dinosaur rampage flick. I don't think Amblin/Universal have that much to risk as the series is already considered nearly dead. Hell, i'd love to see it!

Also, if a mod could merge this into this original JP4 thread http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=15133&highlight=Jurassic+Park i'd appreciate it. Might wanna rename the thread just 'jurassic park 4" talk or something. Cheers! :D

Bosskman
08-17-2004, 08:12 PM
Those movies are just plain crap. The dinos were awesome to look at but the story lines were garbage. The third one was on TV last night. "Oh look, they're working as a team." "Oh look, the raptors set a trap." Let's dig through crap to find a cell phone." I dug through a lot of crap trying to find a decnt movie in there somewhere but guess what? Nothing but crap. I'd see the 4th one though cause I've always loved dinos.

Battle Droid
08-25-2004, 06:30 PM
From, http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/040825a.php

David Boreanaz to be in JPIV?

Jurassic Park IV
Looks like the interview with David Boreanaz the other day which mentioned he was in a big movie with 'Four' in it isn't "Fantastic Four" or Indy IV but the next "Jurassic Park". Casting is about to happen on the project and people who've put feelers out have apparently been told Boreanaz will have the lead role.

Pendo
08-25-2004, 07:51 PM
The stuff with looking for the can of cream sounds decent, but how do they know abou the can anyways?

The stuff with the trained dinos is such a load of bollocks, I think I might hang Spielberg if he makes this movie, then hang myself if I actually go and watch it!

PENDO!

Battle Droid
08-25-2004, 07:57 PM
"The stuff with looking for the can of cream sounds decent, but how do they know abou the can anyways?"

There's also the 36 hours of coolant thing.

hango fett
08-25-2004, 10:22 PM
i don't care what you guys say, i always have and always will love the JP movies. fourth one sounds pretty cool at the moment.
HF

jonthejedi
08-27-2004, 06:45 AM
I just want Dr. Malcolm back in the franchise...what's Goldblum doing anyway?

Battle Droid
09-02-2005, 10:26 PM
Logo?

http://www.dansjp3page.com/board2/view.asp?boardid=1&id=957&start=0&prev=&next=940

Slicker
09-02-2005, 10:30 PM
They're actually gonna make a JP IV? Don't people learn that the dinosaurs are gonna eat you alive? I'll be honest, I didn't mind any of the 3 JP movies so far so I may go and see this one but the plots have to be getting quite thin.

Battle Droid
09-04-2005, 10:35 PM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b325/TerminalLon3some/100_0668.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b325/TerminalLon3some/100_0667.jpg

Slicker
09-04-2005, 11:11 PM
Do they have a name for it yet BD? Even a working name?

Battle Droid
09-04-2005, 11:15 PM
Nope, It'll probably just be called Jurassic Park IV.

General_Grievous
09-05-2005, 11:47 AM
What dinosaur is on the logo? Is that the spitting dinosaur from the first one? Dilophosaurus? If they're in it, I'll probably see it, since it was one of my favorite dinosaurs in the first movie. But I won't be expecting a good movie.

Battle Droid
09-05-2005, 12:58 PM
Yeah it's Dilophosaurus.

El Chuxter
09-06-2005, 03:03 PM
How about Jurassic Park IV: We Have Absolutely No Shame?

Battle Droid
09-06-2005, 09:34 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/Oviraptor/JurassicParkIV.jpg

darth cynik
09-30-2005, 02:30 AM
Grant's back... ok. (his stupid line about "no force on heaven or earth could get me onto that island" should have doomed him to being eaten in III but whatever. in fact everyone in the last one should have been dinosaur food; it's a good thing I didn't write that one with its ridiculous characters.)

"Nick" huh? Is that as in Nick Van Owen from Lost World? That's be awesome (it'd be even 6 kinds of more awesome if Vince Vaughn came back to play him again).

Anyone have any other ideas who else might be in this one? IMDB's page hasn't had an update in nearly two years so there's nothing really there.... Has there been anymore plots dug up at all?

JimJamBonds
09-30-2005, 12:48 PM
Where could they go with another Jurassic Park movie? Maybe they could base it around getting some dino's and taking them to NYC and putting them on display on Broadway. Then the dino's go crazy and break out and.... ohh wait I think that idea has already been done. I like the idea of another JP but off hand I can't really think of a storyline that would be somewhat realistic/hasn't been done. Although I'll keep an open mind and hope I'm wrong. :yes:

DarkArtist
09-30-2005, 04:52 PM
In all honesty they should have stopped at Jurassic Park I. The movie was awesome and there was no need for any sequels to be made. I not sure if i can take another Dino Movie. don't get me wrong I have seen the other two and while again they were good movies the best by far is #1.

JimJamBonds
10-02-2005, 01:40 AM
In all honesty they should have stopped at Jurassic Park I. The movie was awesome and there was no need for any sequels to be made. I not sure if i can take another Dino Movie. don't get me wrong I have seen the other two and while again they were good movies the best by far is #1.

Even better was the book, I read it a few years before the movie and it kicks major butt! Waayyyy better then the movie (although I agree the first is still the best).

Rocketboy
10-02-2005, 10:38 AM
Even better was the book, I read it a few years before the movie and it kicks major butt! Waayyyy better then the movie (although I agree the first is still the best).I just finished reading the book and I agree. When I finished the book I went and rented JP. The movie was not as bad as I remembered it (and I remember hating it). Actually, the movie was pretty good (but the kids were just as annoying in both :D ).
I have even worse memories of JP2, so I'm a bit hesitant to rent that one.
Didn't even bother with JP3.

JimJamBonds
10-02-2005, 11:55 PM
I don't really remember JP Deuce other then the fact that Vince Vaughn was in it.... JP Thrice I do remember much to my displeasure.

Battle Droid
11-13-2005, 12:43 PM
From, http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=21804

JURASSIC PARK 4- Spielberg commented on a scene in The Lost World novel that was not included in the movie involving characters on motorcycles outrunning raptors and regretted it not being in The Lost World movie. However, he also said that "that scene IS in Jurassic Park 4."

From, http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=9240

Apparently, His Most Honorable Beardedness Steven Spielberg recently attended a Q & A at USC Film School and talked a little about the upcoming JURASSIC PARK IV. A scoopilator sent "Development Hell" the following report on it:

He is working with writers on the script to Jurassic Park IV and says that there is going to be a big dinosaur sequence where a pack of motorcycles are forced to out run a bunch of Raptors. Spielberg said that just with the other films in the series, he‘s going to “cherry pick” certain scenes he loved from the books and include them in the new film.

Tycho
12-14-2006, 06:16 AM
I wanted a great wife-beating scene in the extreme, as that mother looking for her son was way annoying. She looks like she'd be hotter than Sharon Stone in a Basic Instinct type flick - but man was she ever the most annoying character on a dino-island movie!

So I was just watching all of these and I think the first one was possibly the best - for the adventure of it all, the most realistic storyline, and that kitchen scene with the raptors which was darn scary.

No. 2 was pretty good, but the girl doing the gymnastics routing and kicking the velociraptor was way over the top. The stuff with the T-Rexs was great.

No. 3 was emotionally frustrating because I wanted that woman dead. If all the men and even her son took turns beating the crap out of her and then feeding her to the raptors, it would have prompted me to write a letter in favor of the film to the Oscars.

Now you couldn't hear a cell phone ring in the body of a giant dinosaur!

The raptors were definitely interesting in this film, though no one can say for sure if they were taking their intelligence over the top. That they responded to Dr. Grant's thorax model was improbable. OK, I'm sure they wanted their eggs back - if they could smell the eggs. Do eggs smell (before they're cooked)? But that they wouldn't rip everyone to shreds after they got them back is something that Dr. Grant was taking a big gamble on. Furthermore, say they were intelligent: he couldn't speak their language. I suppose he might immitate what he'd heard them say. :rolleyes: Then we're supposed to buy that they recognize humans as intelligent animals and spare them? Heck, we supposedly respect other humans in other cultures as intelligent animals, but we don't spare them! It was getting corny there - but admittedly fascinating at the same time.

Tycho
12-14-2006, 06:34 AM
I liked the fact that Ian Malcolm wasn't in the 3rd film, and Alan Grant in the 2nd film. It lends some realism to the franchise such that it is not always led by this recurring cast that always winds up stuck together like they're the crew on Gillagan's Island.

However, if there is a 4th movie, it could be plausible to reunite them all now (Grant, Malcolm, Sadler, Sarah from JP2, and Vince Vaughn's character from JP2).

It's a good franchise and I'd go see another film. I don't know where I'd like to see the plot go. I just relax and enjoy these stories very casually, and they're a lot of fun.

Slicker
12-14-2006, 12:12 PM
I'm in a very small minority but I actually liked JPIII. It's not as good as the other two but it's a great movie to just sit and watch and the addition of some new dinos make it watchable.

Tycho
12-14-2006, 12:44 PM
Well, I've read the possible plotlines others have linked to here, and I'm very concerned.

I loved Jurassic Park 1. No. 2 was pretty good. No. 3 was slightly believeable but that woman was my most hated character in all movie history!

Meanwhile, dinosaurs wouldn't fare too well in Switzerland or even New York - wouldn't it be too cold for them?

They ought to change the name from Jurassic Park to 'Eggs of Our Fathers' or something because the movies are veering away from being about anything to do with the John Hammond's park.

Dinos lay eggs. The embroyos in the shaving can will not break out and become eggs for infants to hatch from. No one but Nedry and Datsun knew about the shaving cream can. Perhaps the wreckage of his jeep and the discovery of his remains might lead someone with the time to use a metal detector to find the can, and though the embroyos in them should be dead - they could re-extract DNA from those samples and start the process over again I suppose. The best way to deal with that is to have the dinos on Isla Nubar (the first movie's one) already be dead from being lyzine deficient. But if "life found a way" there on Isla Sonora, then what the heck? It's another excuse for dinos to eat people. Vince Vaughn's return would lend some credability to the storyline.

But I don't think dinos (other than the flying ones) should get to the mainland. If they do any mainland dino attack scenes, they should be with newly cloned ones born on the mainland. A cool aspect of the story might be adding oceanic Jurassic era creatures that attack boats though. Jaws would meet his match and then some! They should avoid using a T-Rex looking dinosaur to not be too similar to Godzilla who recently fought nuclear submarines.

If they expand on the intelligent Raptors too much, then they really ought to change the name from Jurassic Park. It's stepping hugely into space-alien-type-sci-fi if the Raptors start wearing armor and using weapons. The only way to end that storyline is to have them take over the earth, and end the final movie with a bunch of raptors in their version of a movie theater, watching a movie about humans, called "Primate Island," a film by Sven Stoneteeth from Universal Pictures Holey-Wound. (I'm so funny).

Tycho
12-14-2006, 12:55 PM

I thought that the dead guy who's hand was on the door jam button helped with some plot to get the T-Rex back into the hold (maybe the crew tried to lure it by threatening its infant?) and they died with their last effort to contain it. The guy with his hand on the control might've had a mortal wound he was just able to hang on from long enough to seal the T-Rex in.

If Raptors were aboard (perhaps covertly) that would be a cool idea though.

plasticfetish
12-14-2006, 01:15 PM
Because it's become so popular suddenly, I've merged all four of the going Jurassic Park threads to keep things simple. :thumbsup:

Tycho
12-14-2006, 04:39 PM
Very good. We must combine our efforts to make sure they do not go extinct!

JimJamBonds
12-15-2006, 12:35 AM
So I was just watching all of these and I think the first one was possibly the best...

Ahh ya think!?!?!?! Read the book its a zillion times better then the movie!

El Chuxter
12-15-2006, 09:54 AM
The first book is much better than the film. But the second film is much better than the book. Crichton obviously just wanted some cash, where Spielberg wanted to make an actual sequel. Go figure.

Tycho
12-17-2006, 05:47 AM
So is there any news about there actually being a Jurassic Park 4?

I'd sort of like it. I hadn't realized it, but I'd missed watching these movies.

jonthejedi
12-17-2006, 06:03 AM
It's gonna happen, but they're still working on the script...ala Indy 4. It's all about the printed page.

plasticfetish
12-17-2006, 01:29 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0369610/

Tycho
11-20-2007, 08:30 AM
I just watched Jurassic Park again. I'm starting a JP movie marathon.

I find I like the idea of dinosaurs eating a ton of people, ripping them apart and what not.

I realize that Jurassic Park is not bloody enough. This would have been an excellent x-rated film (for gore and violence), but it was nicely done as it is. They always could do an X-rated sequel (for more gore and violence). That would be seriously cool.

In the past few days, I have yearned for an arena brawl where there are 4 sections and people are eaten by great white sharks, dinosaurs, lions, and mauled by bears or wolves. I would have made an excellent Roman, huh?

Attack of the Clones alluded to such a concept in the Geonosian arena. That movie could have also been improved if Anakin, Obi-wan, and Padme were mauled and killed in bloody encounters with the arena beasts. Seeing the acklay feed would have been cool - as maybe with the Nexu. I don't know that the Reek was carnivorous.

But back to Jurassic Park, I think JP II is more bloody and I'm about to watch that next.

Blue2th
11-20-2007, 09:22 AM
er..wait till they get to your home town.:thumbsup:

Battle Droid
12-06-2007, 12:50 PM
Frank Marshall talks Jurassic Park IV

From, http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=40003

Since the topic of discussion was "four-quels", we had to ask Marshall about the other one on his slate, specifically Jurassic Park 4, which had been talked about in recent years with no solid news in a while. He thought that they were still shooting for it to come out in the summer of 2009, but that they were also waiting for the strike to end to further work on the script. "There's an idea and we just have to see if it shakes out."

Battle Droid
05-15-2008, 10:53 AM
Laura Dern told TV Guide that,

Steven Spielberg will be working on the JPIV script over the next year and her character has a significant part in the movie.

General_Grievous
05-15-2008, 11:23 AM
I read a particularly stupid rumor online that "Jurassic Park 4" would deal with the army training the dinosaurs to carry weapons.

jonthejedi
05-15-2008, 11:28 AM
That stupid rumours been around for awhile...that these JPIV dinos would be genetically enhanced. Hope it's just that, a rumour.

Droid
05-15-2008, 03:39 PM
The first book was really great. The second book was a ripoff.

Ian Malcolm does not survive the first book, but there he is in the second book without the slightest explanation. It's like the Lost World book is a sequel to the Jurassic Park movie not the Jurassic Park book.

Battle Droid
05-15-2008, 03:40 PM
I love The Lost World novel, it's way better than the film.

jonthejedi
05-15-2008, 03:47 PM
...and then all the stuff from the first book ended up in the 2nd & 3rd movies...like the aviary, etc.

Lman316
05-15-2008, 04:17 PM
Ian Malcolm does not survive the first book, but there he is in the second book without the slightest explanation.

That's not entirely true. I've actually commented on this before (on pages 11 and 12 of this thread), but just to reiterate:

On the first page of the prologue of The Lost World:

"... but his promising career had been disrupted by a severe injury during a trip to Costa Rica; Malcolm had, in fact, been reported dead in several newscasts. "I was sorry to cut short the celebrations in mathematics departments around the country," he later said, "but it turned out I was only slightly dead. The surgeons have done wonders, as they will be the first to tell you. So now I am back - in my next iteration, you might say."

I'm not sure why I'm so adamant about this :p

Droid
05-15-2008, 04:54 PM
That's not entirely true. I've actually commented on this before (on pages 11 and 12 of this thread), but just to reiterate:

On the first page of the prologue of The Lost World:

I'm not sure why I'm so adamant about this :p

You make a fair point. I'll then amend my original comment to say that Ian died in the first book and that the second book did a retcon about it.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-08-2008, 05:29 PM
JP4 not happening.n

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=51101

Guess it's for the best. I'm in the minority that enjoyed JP3. It wasn't as good as the original, but it wasn't as horrific as JP: TLW. :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
12-08-2008, 05:49 PM
C'mon, Guyote. It was supposed to have superintelligent raptor commandos trained by the army. I'd rather save the $10 a person to spend on ShamWows. Because I would've spent twenty bucks on paper towels, anyway. That's what Vince said. Those things sell themselves!

Tycho
12-09-2008, 10:01 AM
But the AllSpark created the crystal raptor skull and Indiana Jones has to graduate from Starfleet Academy so he can lead the mission to get the crystal skull before its brought back into contact with the AllSpark and transforms the velociraptors into Gungans!

Battle Droid
01-12-2013, 12:02 AM

Jurassic Park IV to be released June 13, 2014!!!:biggrin:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=98802

Tycho
01-13-2013, 04:36 AM
I want KFC to kill all the dinosaurs and get sued for passing them off as chicken. That will be a great finale to end this series.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-14-2013, 06:07 PM
Colin Trevorrow has been named as director. I loved Safety Not Guaranteed and was excited when his name was in the running for Episode VII, so this could be very cool!

Battle Droid
03-14-2013, 09:54 PM
Interesting choice.

Tycho
03-16-2013, 02:00 AM
Maybe we'll see the birth of the gecko from all the Geico Car Insurance commercials?

Bel-Cam Jos
03-16-2013, 10:56 AM
I could (seriously) see some scientist trying to use dinosaur DNA to cure human diseases, and unintentionally create a human/dinosaur hybrid. Kind of like a werewolf idea, but hopefully much, MUCH better than my rough plan. :rolleyes:

Lord Malakite
03-16-2013, 06:12 PM
I could (seriously) see some scientist trying to use dinosaur DNA to cure human diseases, and unintentionally create a human/dinosaur hybrid. Kind of like a werewolf idea, but hopefully much, MUCH better than my rough plan. :rolleyes:
Power Rangers already did that. It was called Mesogog. :D