PDA

View Full Version : Convention Exclusive Vader...

Lman316
03-31-2005, 09:51 PM
If this has already been discussed, I'm sorry for the double-up. And I decided to ask this question in the ROTS forum as I'm pretty sure the C3 Vader is in ROTS or ROTS-like packaging.

I, unfortunately, am not going to C3, but I'd really like to get at least one of the Vaders. What I'm wondering - and I'd like to get everyone else's thoughts on this - is: Does anyone else think that they're going to make this available for the general public on ShopStarWars.com as a HyperSpace exclusive?

End...

Darth Takeo
03-31-2005, 10:07 PM
I am going to C3 and plan on getting at least 2 Vaders (one I'll get, the other my fiancee will get...). :D

Darthmarc
04-01-2005, 07:12 AM
Did Jorse Sacul end up on the SW website?? I don't recall. I am trying to buy one on Ebay....The Celebration 3 Darth Vaders are quite pricey right now going for between $30-$80....

JEDIpartner
04-01-2005, 08:20 AM
How could they be going for that amoutn when they haven't even been released?

Stupid munters!

Jaina Solo
04-01-2005, 08:48 AM
Scalper pre-sale, of course. Gotta love eBay...

JEDIpartner
04-01-2005, 09:12 AM
No sh*t... I don't have a problem if you wanna do that after you have it in-hand, but come ON!

BFett88
04-01-2005, 11:11 AM
The only way to get C3 product is at C3. Just like C2, the only way to get Sacul was at the convention or Ebay. I will at least get 2 when I am there. One to open and one to keep closed.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-01-2005, 12:08 PM
Does anyone know how the Vaders will be distributed at the Convention?

Bantha274
04-01-2005, 12:21 PM
Regarding the distribution of the Vader CIII figures:

They will be sold at the Celebration Store, while supplies last.

You can purchase one for each day you are attending. So...
If you have a 1-day pass, you can only purchase 1.
2-day = 2.
3-day = 3.
4-day pass, you can purchase up to 4. You can purchase one on each day, or all at the same time.

My wife, myself, and a friend all have 4-day passes. We plan to each buy four on the first day to make sure we get what we can before they run out, which is very possible by the fourth day.

I'm taking 1 out of the package, selling one to a friend back home, keeping one in package, and the fourth... not sure yet.

My wife said she would be willing to sell some at face value on the net and put one or two on e-bay.

My friend who's going with us, he's out for blood and is putting three of his on e-bay.
He's such a bastard.

Hellboy
04-01-2005, 12:32 PM
Here you go LBC

The Lowdown: Star Wars Celebration III Darth Vader Action Figure:

- Sold at Celebration III Store, planned for Exhibit Hall F in the Indiana Convention Center, April 21 - 25, 2005

- Quantities divided among all four days of the show; some will be sold each day while supplies last.

- Price: $15.00, including tax

- Quantities are limited per person and badge type. Individuals with 4-day badges may purchase a total of 4 action figures, while supplies last.

- The Celebration III Store staff will punch badges for each purchase, one punch per figure. For example, if a 4-day badge holder purchases 2 figures, they may go back to the store and purchase 2 more at a different time. There will be specific areas on the badges for the punches.

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/displayswc.aspx?file=swc-action-figure

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-02-2005, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the information guys! Do you think the figures will last for more than a day? I won't be arriving until Day 2 and I hope they won't be cleaned out until then.

Agent23
04-02-2005, 04:34 PM
I have a friend of mine picking one up for me on Day 2. From what I read, they are going to spread it out, so there are enough for the duration of the convention. :)

Hellboy
04-03-2005, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the information guys! Do you think the figures will last for more than a day? I won't be arriving until Day 2 and I hope they won't be cleaned out until then.

I think you'll be able to get one. They seem to have learned a thing or two since the whole Jorg Sacul debacle at Celebration II. The daily limits and pass punching ideas were suggested by many people at that event so the fact that they adopted it should prevent scalpers and others from getting more than they should. Good luck. :)