PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Master Replicas!

eFXAmy
03-31-2005, 09:56 PM
Hello Everyone!

I wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. My name is Amy Blanchard and I am the Customer Service/Collectors Society Manager for Master Replicas. I just wanted to let you know I am going to be around to answer any questions you may have about our Customer Service. I would also like your suggestions on anything we can do to make your Master Replicas experience a better one. You all are very important partners of ours and we want to be sure you are well taken care of! Any suggestions you make, good or bad, will help us grow as a company and help us serve you better.

I will be back tomorrow between 3:00 and 5:00 PM Pacific time to play a little Star Wars trivia with whoever is interested. The winner will receive a free gold mini!! I hope to see you all then.

Very truly yours,

Amy L. Blanchard
Customer Care/Collectors Society Manager

derek10
04-01-2005, 06:38 AM
I'll be here.

Also, Amy, I received an email about the CS party at C3 and was wondering, Do I have to be in the CS to attend? I was planning on joining with all the new EP3 stuff coming out, but did not know the criteria. Thanks and keep up the good work!!!

jedi master sal
04-01-2005, 07:39 AM
Stang, I'm going to be out at that time.

Can you continue this later in the evening as well? Say another hour at least? I'm not getting home until 7:30-8 EST so that about puts me out of the running.

I REALLY want to participate. I've got all the regular mini sabers thus far, but only one Gold (Dooku).

I love your product! What's next mini blasters? Gawd HOPE so!!! Ooh and I can't wait to get my hands on a Sidious mini saber. (Just got the e-mail yesterday about that.)

BTW, Thanks for coming over to Sir Steve's!

We very much appreciate it when official representatives of the manufacturers visit us.

Sincerely and with regards,
-Sal

Jayspawn
04-01-2005, 09:11 AM
Thanks for posting Amy and welcome to SirStevesguide.com!

It would be great if you chimed in with updates, questions or answers to questions that we tend to raise here all the time.

eFXAmy
04-01-2005, 10:47 AM
Hi Derek10!

The CIII Party is for CS members only. Our new Collectors Society will be announced at this party so there is no way of joining until then. Soon after CIII it will be unveiled to the general public. We are very excited about the changes and think that everyone else will be as well.

I'll be here.

Also, Amy, I received an email about the CS party at C3 and was wondering, Do I have to be in the CS to attend? I was planning on joining with all the new EP3 stuff coming out, but did not know the criteria. Thanks and keep up the good work!!!

stillakid
04-01-2005, 11:08 AM
Will a moderator please post a copy of this thread in the Dear KEBco section of the forum?

Also, Amy, thank you for your presence. I would just like to say that while I admire your product, I have found the price-point to be set too high for what the product is. It isn't that I don't necessarily have the money to spend. I have several high priced items myself related to this and other hobbies, but I've found that MR merchandise seems to have an artificial high price relative to the end result. I believe that you could have a larger customer base if you took this into consideration. Thank you for your time.

eFXAmy
04-01-2005, 11:52 AM
Thank you for the feedback Stillakid. We do try to keep our prices as low as possible. There is so much work that goes into making these replicas that is unseen. All of our replicas are extremely high-quality items and our prices need to cover the expense of making them.

Will a moderator please post a copy of this thread in the Dear KEBco section of the forum?

Also, Amy, thank you for your presence. I would just like to say that while I admire your product, I have found the price-point to be set too high for what the product is. It isn't that I don't necessarily have the money to spend. I have several high priced items myself related to this and other hobbies, but I've found that MR merchandise seems to have an artificial high price relative to the end result. I believe that you could have a larger customer base if you took this into consideration. Thank you for your time.

Bobbyg714
04-01-2005, 12:18 PM
Amy,

Maybe you can actually help me. I have not had a very good experience with MR Customer Service over the past 3 months. I have been waiting since January 12th for my snowspeeder replacement and still nothing. Replacement order #1167922193. I was again told yesterday that it would ship and got no notice or response to my email. I am not trying to bring the spirit of your post down and apologize to the others on the BB, but I am at my wits end. I have been told 3 or 4 times that my new one was shipping shortly and nothing. Would appreciate any help or guidance. I have to be honest I have bought a lot of product and love the quality but I am looking to cancel my preorders at this point and give up on MR. I have a page and a half of emails back and forth between CS and myself and still no resolution. Again I apologize for the negative post but I am really frustrated and hoping you can help.

eFXAmy
04-01-2005, 12:31 PM
Hi Bobby,

I am so sorry to hear about the trouble you have experienced. As you probably know, we are in the process of buidling a new website. While the website is up, we are still experiencing some hiccups in the system such as downloading replacement items. This certainly isn't the norm for us and we are working day and night to get all systems working properly.

What I will do is cancel your replacement order as it exists now and have a Snowspeeder replacement ship for you directly from our fulfillment center. This way it should ship out by early next week.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced. The new systems and website are works in progress and are designed to give you a better experience it the long run once they are completed. We appreciate your patience.

Amy

Amy,

Maybe you can actually help me. I have not had a very good experience with MR Customer Service over the past 3 months. I have been waiting since January 12th for my snowspeeder replacement and still nothing. Replacement order #1167922193. I was again told yesterday that it would ship and got no notice or response to my email. I am not trying to bring the spirit of your post down and apologize to the others on the BB, but I am at my wits end. I have been told 3 or 4 times that my new one was shipping shortly and nothing. Would appreciate any help or guidance. I have to be honest I have bought a lot of product and love the quality but I am looking to cancel my preorders at this point and give up on MR. I have a page and a half of emails back and forth between CS and myself and still no resolution. Again I apologize for teh negative post but I am really frustrated and hoping you can help.

Bobbyg714
04-01-2005, 12:38 PM
Amy,

Thank you for the quick response. Just so you know I was told two weeks ago that was the course of action and still nothing. I was promised it was shipping yesterday and nevr got an email or a notice.

Bob

eFXAmy
04-01-2005, 12:38 PM
Good news Bobby! Your replacement SnowSpeeder will ship out today. Again, please accept my apologies the delay in receiving your item.

Hi Bobby,

I am so sorry to hear about the trouble you have experienced. As you probably know, we are in the process of buidling a new website. While the website is up, we are still experiencing some hiccups in the system such as downloading replacement items. This certainly isn't the norm for us and we are working day and night to get all systems working properly.

What I will do is cancel your replacement order as it exists now and have a Snowspeeder replacement ship for you directly from our fulfillment center. This way it should ship out by early next week.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced. The new systems and website are works in progress and are designed to give you a better experience it the long run once they are completed. We appreciate your patience.

Amy

Kidhuman
04-01-2005, 01:00 PM
Now that is Customer Service at its best

Bobbyg714
04-01-2005, 04:18 PM
Thanks again Amy

If it arrives it will be great service. I will be the first to sing praises when It arrives. I have been told twice before it was shipping. Was also told it was definetly going out yesterday so we will see.
Bob

joeatlantc
04-01-2005, 04:38 PM
Do I need to do anything special to participate in the trivia competition?

eFXAmy
04-01-2005, 04:43 PM
Hi Joe!

All you need to do is be here! Good luck!!

Do I need to do anything special to participate in the trivia competition?

eFXAmy
04-01-2005, 04:49 PM
Ok, who is ready for some fun and games??? The game will begin in about 10 minutes, 3:00 pm Pacific time.

See you soon!!

Hello Everyone!

I wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. My name is Amy Blanchard and I am the Customer Service/Collectors Society Manager for Master Replicas. I just wanted to let you know I am going to be around to answer any questions you may have about our Customer Service. I would also like your suggestions on anything we can do to make your Master Replicas experience a better one. You all are very important partners of ours and we want to be sure you are well taken care of! Any suggestions you make, good or bad, will help us grow as a company and help us serve you better.

I will be back tomorrow between 3:00 and 5:00 PM Pacific time to play a little Star Wars trivia with whoever is interested. The winner will receive a free gold mini!! I hope to see you all then.

Very truly yours,

Amy L. Blanchard
Customer Care/Collectors Society Manager

joeatlantc
04-01-2005, 04:53 PM
Bring on the trivia!

eFXAmy
04-01-2005, 05:02 PM
Hello!

Are you ready to win that gold mini? The first person who gets all 5 of the correct answers posted the quickest will win an Obi-Wan Kenobi Gold mini. When I have confirmed you have won you will need to send me a private message with your address information as well as which mini you have selected. There will only be one winner.

The game is unscramble the Star Wars characters names. Good luck!!

From Episode IV: dogeer (1 word)

From Episode II: tfbatbeo (2 words)

From Episode II and III: ralsacuayae (2 words)

From Episode IV: regdtgilbighraks (2 words)

From Epdisode IV: rknstiatesino (2 words)

Ok, who is ready for some fun and games??? The game will begin in about 10 minutes, 3:00 pm Pacific time.

See you soon!!

joeatlantc
04-01-2005, 05:08 PM
greedo boba fett aayla secura biggs darklighter senator tarkin

Jaludorm
04-01-2005, 05:09 PM

Kidhuman
04-01-2005, 05:09 PM
greedo
boba fett
alya secura
biggs darklighter
Tarkin

eFXAmy
04-01-2005, 05:10 PM
Sooooooooooooooooooooo close!! You have 4 correct!!

eFXAmy
04-01-2005, 05:12 PM
Still only 4!!!

greedo
boba fett
alya secura
biggs darklighter
Tarkin

Kidhuman
04-01-2005, 05:21 PM
sestino tarkin

Jaludorm
04-01-2005, 05:22 PM
greedo
boba fett
aalya secura
biggs darklighter
senator kitsin

eFXAmy
04-01-2005, 05:22 PM
Sorry but no! Nice try!!

sestino tarkin

Kidhuman
04-01-2005, 05:23 PM
kristina stone

Kidhuman
04-01-2005, 05:24 PM
orstate snitkin

eFXAmy
04-01-2005, 05:26 PM
Ok..........#5 is not Tarkin. You all need to go in a different direction!

Sorry but no! Nice try!!

JediTricks
04-01-2005, 05:34 PM
Whoa, a hint, how cool of you! I guarantee you I would have been far less generous than that. :D

(welcome aboard Amy. :))

Kidhuman
04-01-2005, 05:36 PM
senator sitkin

eFXAmy
04-01-2005, 05:38 PM
Nice try but still not correct!

senator sitkin

Kidhuman
04-01-2005, 05:41 PM
tank....(one of lukes friends who went to the academy) dont know his last name

Jaludorm
04-01-2005, 05:42 PM
Well, I give up, work must prevail over the chance to win, brain starting to hurt.

James Boba Fettfield
04-01-2005, 05:44 PM
greedo
boba fett
aayla secura
biggs darklighter
tonnika sisters

SirSteve
04-01-2005, 05:45 PM
This is a tough one! Makes it fun though! :)

eFXAmy
04-01-2005, 05:45 PM
Ok, I will give you another small hint. The first word begins with a T and the second word begins with an S.

Good luck!

tank....(one of lukes friends who went to the academy) dont know his last name

Kidhuman
04-01-2005, 05:46 PM
damn you JBF you gave it away....

joeatlantc
greedo boba fett aayla secura biggs darklighter Tonnika Sisters

dds2001
The last one is Senni Tonnika the others being
greedo
boba fett

aayla secura
biggs darklighter

JediTricks
04-01-2005, 05:47 PM
greedo
boba fett
aayla secura
biggs darklighter
tonnika sisters
Yeah, when I saw your post with that last one, I knew that was it, great job! Dang, that was a good jumble!!!

eFXAmy
04-01-2005, 05:48 PM
Way to go James Bob Fettfield!! Slight spelling error on the last one, should be Sister not Sisters but I am not that much of a stickler. Congrats!! Wooooooohoooooo!! Please pm me with you name and mailing address and I will get your Obi Wan Gold mini mailed out to you.

Congrats again James and thanks for playing everyone! I will definately be back to play again soon!

greedo
boba fett
aayla secura
biggs darklighter
tonnika sisters

Kidhuman
04-01-2005, 05:48 PM
JBF beat me too it

joeatlantc
04-01-2005, 05:49 PM
greedo boba fett aayla secura biggs darklighter senni tonnika

Ji'dai
04-01-2005, 05:57 PM
Congrats, JBF. That last one was a doozy. I was trying to think of Episode IV two-word character names with the letter "K" in them, even going around the room looking over my loose figures to inspire me :D

eFXAmy
04-01-2005, 06:00 PM
That was so fun I would like to do it again. Anyone interested in one more contest????lol

Way to go James Bob Fettfield!! Slight spelling error on the last one, should be Sister not Sisters but I am not that much of a stickler. Congrats!! Wooooooohoooooo!! Please pm me with you name and mailing address and I will get your Obi Wan Gold mini mailed out to you.

Congrats again James and thanks for playing everyone! I will definately be back to play again soon!

darthverbo
04-01-2005, 06:01 PM
Amy,

I have only recently dicovered the great products form Master Replicas. I have the AT-AT and the Snowspeeder. I will be buying the new Sith lightsabers as well. Just wanted to say I love the products and look forward to seeing what is planned for the future. I am signed up for the get together at the Hyatt. Sounds fun. Thanks for paticipating in the forum at SirSteve's sight. See you at CIII. Thanks!

James Boba Fettfield
04-01-2005, 06:01 PM
I had a similar strategy. I was looking over the list of character names at the IMDB. :D I tried using the databank at SW.com, but that was not working out well.

Slicker
04-01-2005, 06:02 PM
That was so fun I would like to do it again. Anyone interested in one more contest????lol*in my best Napoleon Dynamite voice* Heck yes I am.

darthverbo
04-01-2005, 06:04 PM
That was so fun I would like to do it again. Anyone interested in one more contest????lol

yes. I haven't played yet!

eFXAmy
04-01-2005, 06:06 PM
Thank you for the nice welcome Darth!! I am looking forward to meeting you at the party as well. I am so glad you can make it! It is going to be a party to remember I promise. Lots of great surprise guests and giveaways!!

Amy,

I have only recently dicovered the great products form Master Replicas. I have the AT-AT and the Snowspeeder. I will be buying the new Sith lightsabers as well. Just wanted to say I love the products and look forward to seeing what is planned for the future. I am signed up for the get together at the Hyatt. Sounds fun. Thanks for paticipating in the forum at SirSteve's sight. See you at CIII. Thanks!

eFXAmy
04-01-2005, 06:09 PM
Ok, here we go!!

Are you ready to win another gold mini? The first person who gets all 5 of the correct answers posted the quickest will win an Obi Gold mini. When I have confirmed you have won you will need to send me a private message with your address information as well as which mini you have selected. There will only be one winner.

The game is Star Wars Trivia. Good luck!!

1. The idea for Chewbacca the Wookie came from George Lucas’ pet what?

2. The name R2-D2 came about during the filming of George Lucas’ movie “American Graffiti”. What does R2-D2 stand for?

3. Who is Lando’s co-pilot when he flies the Millenium Falcom in the attack on the second Death Star?

4. What were Luke’s Aunt and Uncle’s first names?

5. Who is the lead singer at Jabba’s Palace?

Slicker
04-01-2005, 06:11 PM
1. His dog

2. When someone asked for reel 2 dialouge track 2

3. Nien Nunb

4. Owen and Beru

5. Sy Snootles.

Jaludorm
04-01-2005, 06:13 PM
1. pet dog indiana
2. R2-D2 was named when a technician from American Graffiti asked Lucas for reel number 2, dialogue track number 2
3. Neen Numb
4. Owen and Beru
5. Sy Snootles

eFXAmy
04-01-2005, 06:14 PM
Congrats Slicker!! Wow! That was fast! Great job! Please send me a pm with your name and address I will get your Gold mini out to you.

Congrats again!!!

1. His dog

2. When someone asked for reel 2 dialouge track 2

3. Nien Nunb

4. Owen and Beru

5. Sy Snootles.

darthverbo
04-01-2005, 06:15 PM
his dog Indiana

Reel 1 dialouge2

nien nunb

owen and beru

sy snootles

Slicker
04-01-2005, 06:22 PM
Thank you for bust. Finally my useless wealth of Star Wars knowledge paid off.

Rocketboy
04-01-2005, 06:23 PM
1. dog

2. reel 2 dialouge 2

3. Nien Nunb

4. Owen and Beru

5. Sy Snootles

darthverbo
04-01-2005, 06:24 PM
Amy,

Do you know if there will be some of MR's earlier replicas available at C 3? I am looking for a couple of the lightsaber replicas that have been sold out. Am I stuck going to EBAY?

darthverbo
Matt

eFXAmy
04-01-2005, 06:29 PM
Hi Darth!

We are going to have limited product at CIII, however nothing that is already sold out because..........well..............it is sold out! We do have a waiting list however. If we ever come across product we offer it to people on it. If you are interested in anything, please email customerservice@masterreplicas.com and they will put you on the list.

Hope that helps!

Amy,

Do you know if there will be some of MR's earlier replicas available at C 3? I am looking for a couple of the lightsaber replicas that have been sold out. Am I stuck going to EBAY?

darthverbo
Matt

Jaludorm
04-01-2005, 06:36 PM
Question about the limited edition obi wan .45 at C3, are you going the spread the 3000 out over the weekend or will it strictly be a first come first served basis.

Thanks again for the opportunities to win stuff btw!

darthverbo
04-01-2005, 06:46 PM
Amy, Thanks. I didn't know if other sources may be selling MR products. I knew they would be sold out form MR directly. I wondered if MR dealers may be around at C3. If there are MR dealers. I love the AOTC Obi-Wan lightsaber. I've only found one on EBAY and it was in England and not mint. It looks like I'll have plenty of other Replicas to get this year though.
Is the new AT-AT out later this year the same size as the first one?

eFXAmy
04-01-2005, 07:03 PM
Hi Jaludorm!

We will be spreading them out over the whole weekend so no matter what day you are there you will have a chance to get one.

Question about the limited edition obi wan .45 at C3, are you going the spread the 3000 out over the weekend or will it strictly be a first come first served basis.

Thanks again for the opportunities to win stuff btw!

robskyhopr
04-01-2005, 07:23 PM
Are there any plans for an Electronic FX version of Obi Wan's TPM/AOTC lightsabre?

dr_evazan22
04-02-2005, 07:38 AM
Hi Amy!

I have a few MR sabers and I think they look great!

Your new offerings for ROTS look incredible... I'm torn between ordering the Darth Sidious saber or a helmet.

Is MR considering having apayment plan for its products?

When will we see a Qui Gon Jinn saber?

What other helmets, or costume pieces, are planned?

Jayspawn
04-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Great questions! Those are all the ones I was going to ask!

Tonysmo
04-03-2005, 03:13 AM
Welcome Amy!

and yes, I mirror the Good Dr. on his payment plan question. The new helmets look awesome. ( thanks for the link evazan )

Bobbyg714
04-04-2005, 04:28 PM
Amy,

I wanted to thank you for whatever it was that you did last week to get me my replacement speeder. I have received my replacement Snowspeeder today!! Thank you so much for getting this resolved for me. I really appreciate all that you did. :D :D :D :D

Bob

eFXAmy
04-05-2005, 11:31 AM
Hello Everyone!

I cannot really give out any info at this time on upcoming products as our 2006 product plan is still be worked on. However the Qui Gon Jinn saber is currently being considered for the 2006 plan.

Hi Amy!

I have a few MR sabers and I think they look great!

Your new offerings for ROTS look incredible... I'm torn between ordering the Darth Sidious saber or a helmet.

Is MR considering having apayment plan for its products?

When will we see a Qui Gon Jinn saber?

What other helmets, or costume pieces, are planned?

DarkJedi1981
04-07-2005, 11:31 AM
Amy,

Great to have a MR representative on the boards and giving away stuff too! Lol. I know what you can comment on concerning upcoming releases is slim but can you tell me if the Sabers are going to continue past 2006 or will that collection stop and will you focus on other Star Wars collectibles like Helmets and Blasters?

eFXAmy
04-08-2005, 07:04 PM
Hi DarkJedi,

We do not have a product plan for 2007 as of yet but it doesn't mean we won't be having one. I am sure if there is still stuff for us to make we will make it as long as we can!

Amy,

Great to have a MR representative on the boards and giving away stuff too! Lol. I know what you can comment on concerning upcoming releases is slim but can you tell me if the Sabers are going to continue past 2006 or will that collection stop and will you focus on other Star Wars collectibles like Helmets and Blasters?

LTBasker
04-08-2005, 08:31 PM
Hi, it's great to see MR using the message board as a way to get in touch with collectors.

I unfortunately have not been able to buy any MR product because it's too expensive for me (I collect too many figures :p) but I was wondering if you've ever considering making replicas out of less expensive materials for lower-cost buyers? Something like a strong mix of die-cast and plastic?

I've seen several gun replicas that were pulled off very nicely by mixing in a large portion of plastic for the general bodies and then metal for parts that would be put under the most stress from handling. These replicas tend to cost in the $100-250 range. That's mostly due to the fact that they're imported from Japan and such though.

Something like this I imagine would be really beneficial to alot of people with less money and also costumers who want props that have quality detailing.

I was also wondering if MR had any plans to release a Biker Scout pistol replica?

Thanks.

RooJay
04-08-2005, 08:42 PM
Wow! An actual, honest to goodness Star Wars licensor interacting with us lowly fans! My appreciation and confidence in Master Replicas has just gone through the roof! Thanks for being here Amy!

Too bad some of the other licensors don't seem to want to bother with interacting with us; it could be found to be a big help in terms of building consumer confidence and product development. Kudos, Master Replicas!

stillakid
04-08-2005, 09:41 PM
I was also wondering if MR had any plans to release a Biker Scout pistol replica?

Thanks.

I sh** you not, I was just about to post that exact question! :eek: Maybe I just haven't found the right...motivation to drop so much money on a single prop. But I wouldn't hesitate for a moment if I saw a Biker Scout pistol listed somewhere. I already have a resin one that was handmade by someone in the 501st, but you know, it's just okay.

megaprime33
04-08-2005, 10:11 PM
Well at least I'm glad to know that I am not the only one who can't afford the replicas. I absolutely would love to get them, and most of them, but for 370 a pop, thats a bit much for me. I've seen plenty of other people's collections and saw one from somebody who had ALL of the replicas ever made from master replicas based on star wars......man was that impressive. Anywho, it is a good question if they would have consider making them from lesser material and cost less to the consumer.

JediTricks
04-09-2005, 03:55 PM
That's what I like about the Force FX lightsabers, they are great-looking prop replicas and fantastic electronic collectibles (can't call 'em toys, of course ;)) without totally breaking my meager wallet.

sith_killer_99
04-10-2005, 10:23 AM
One thing I never really, understood is the pricing on Master Replicas merchandise.

Mini Sabers: $35.00
FX Lightsabers: $120.00
Scale Lightsabers: $360.00 :eek:

That's just insane IMO. I can see a signature series or something going for big bucks, but over $300.00 for a scaled lightsaber that dosen't even have the blade of sound effects. :confused: It just seems backwards to me. :crazed:

megaprime33
04-10-2005, 02:53 PM
The F/X sabers would be really cool if that "blade" was removeable instead permanent. In any event I guess for right now I'm going to have to get my replica fix from the scaled lightsabers instead of the limited edition ones. WHo knows maybe i'll get use to having a saber that a youngling would use?

sith_killer_99
04-10-2005, 04:08 PM
Hmmm, I really wish the regular sabers weren't soo expensive, then I could actually afford to buy a couple. For now it looks like all my money will be going to Gentle Giants and Kotobukiya.

The FX sabers are OK, but I agree with Megaprime33, it would be much better if the blade was removable or at least replacable.

I guess the higher price is due to these being limited edition. :dis:

I would gladly drop $100.00 for a basic lightsaber without all the electronics, but at $300.00+ I will never own one of their full scale replicas.

JediTricks
04-10-2005, 05:18 PM
As I understand it, the higher prices on the prop replicas are about the exacting quality, the FX sabers are decent recreations but they're not exact, the saber replicas however are as exact replicas as one can get which requires far more research and much more exact tooling. The saber and blaster replicas also require more metal and more assembly, and then they only sell a few thousand of 'em (in part because above a certain price, you won't get more than that many buyers I think). I think that their target price should have been closer to $200, I didn't buy any of the replicas simply because I couldn't afford them, but the $300 range isn't all that surprising in the world of prop replicas either, the Icons series were a little more than that, right? And they weren't as good as these.

Jayspawn
04-10-2005, 06:02 PM
Some of you must be new to Prop/Replica collecting. JediTricks is right, Master Replicas prices are not too high -but standard. Icons who had the license back in the day costed MORE!!!! Truth is, good replicas have always costed money. If you want something really nice -you have to shell out the dough! Prop/Replica collecting is not for the cheap or frugal. So know that.

Just so you know why the blades are NOT removable is because of quality and safety issues. If you were to swing an FX Saber and have the blade go flying off -you'd have a nice explosion where ever it lands and live wires exposed in the hilt -I'm sure you dont want yourself or family/friends put at risk. That said, I'm sure you all now would prefer attached blades now dont you? I thought so.

Hope that clears all that up

JediTricks
04-10-2005, 06:58 PM
I believe the danger if the blade came out of the saber and the wires were dangling would be confined to the risk of blunt force trauma from the flying blade, the wires aren't carrying enough amps to really do anything more than give a mild shock at most and are so small that they likely wouldn't even come into contact with anything, and I suspect MR has designed these safely enough that they wouldn't even stay live instead the system shuts down. Another company who makes sabers from their own designs has a removable blade by using a big fat modular jack, like 5 times as big as a standard 3.5mm headphone jack, if MR integrated a set-screw system or a rotary clamp they could get it to work for theirs as well.

LTBasker
04-10-2005, 07:23 PM
I remember Icons being cheaper actually, around $150-250. Maybe they were knock-offs I saw.

If MR could start a line of plastic/metal replicas, I imagine those would be easier to produce in larger quantities for the average collectors and then the full-metal replicas would be for the average prop collectors.

Sith Lord 0498
04-10-2005, 07:43 PM
I remember Icons being cheaper actually, around $150-250. Maybe they were knock-offs I saw.

If MR could start a line of plastic/metal replicas, I imagine those would be easier to produce in larger quantities for the average collectors and then the full-metal replicas would be for the average prop collectors.

Trust me, they weren't cheaper. I still have my Icons Darth Vader lightsaber replica. The only reason I haven't traded up for a MR version is because my mom would probably kill me (despite that I'm 23 now). And she'd kill precisely b/c of the price. I think when all was said and done, she paid upward of $450-500 for it from QVC back in the late '90s.

And from the photos I've seen of the new Master Replicas Vader lightsaber, yeah Icons' quality sucked big time.

LTBasker
04-10-2005, 08:27 PM
You have to figure in though that QVC also overcharges tons of stuff. I know alot of SW stuff they had they constantly overcharged. I'm sure you're more right though seeing as how my experiance with the Icons stuff was limited to looking through the display case and becoming speechless. :p

Sith Lord 0498
04-10-2005, 08:39 PM
You have to figure in though that QVC also overcharges tons of stuff. I know alot of SW stuff they had they constantly overcharged. I'm sure you're more right though seeing as how my experiance with the Icons stuff was limited to looking through the display case and becoming speechless. :p

Actually, most of the merchandise my mom used to order for me off QVC's "Star Wars Store" was either cheaper or on par with other sources. My Episode I theatrical poster was still $20.00, and I'm pretty sure we paid less than the cover price for Sansweet's Star Wars Encyclopedia.

What SW stuff are you talking about that was overpriced on QVC? Don't take this the wrong way, LT. I'm not disputing what you're saying by any means. I'm just curious (and wondering if they did screw us over on one or two things :p ).

Jayspawn
04-11-2005, 09:00 AM
I checked out an old Star Wars Insider magazine -they were selling the Icons Skywalker Lightsaber for $349.99 +shipping which was probably like $20.

sith_killer_99
04-11-2005, 03:17 PM
Some of you must be new to Prop/Replica collecting. JediTricks is right, Master Replicas prices are not too high -but standard. Icons who had the license back in the day costed MORE!!!! Truth is, good replicas have always costed money. If you want something really nice -you have to shell out the dough! Prop/Replica collecting is not for the cheap or frugal. So know that.

I do know that, Master Replicas has made it painfully clear, which is why I am not a Star Wars prop/replica collector. Yet there are some things to consider.

1. Similar props from other films go for much more reasonable prices:

Blade Sword of the Daywalker (Ebay price $139.99)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=790&item=3873039129

LOTR Sting Sword (Ebay price $109.00)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=790&item=7503315016

LOTR Anduril (Ebay price $179.00)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=790&item=7500193675

Blade Daywalker Stakes (Ebay price $75.99)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=790&item=3875350042

Chronicles of Riddick boot knife (Ebay price $41.38)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=72050&item=6524239935&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Chronicles of Riddick Officer knife (Ebay price $60.24)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=72050&item=6523675121&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Hellraiser LIMITED EDITION (only 666 made) (Ebay price $24.99)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=60361&item=7506379544&rd=1

LOTR The One Ring (Sterling Silver and Gold)) (Ebay price $99.99)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=790&item=7503110776

2. If MR was to come out with a nice quality, unlimited...running production of a few of the more popular sabers such as Vader, they could sell a lot more of them and lower their cost per unit. It wouldn't have to be top notch machined aluminum, they could make them from materials similar to the FX saber, without the blade.

IMO, this would be a very good thing for MR. It would get more people interested in their lower end saber replicas. People who would most likely would become more interested and eventually buy a high quality limited edition super dooper signature series saber.

Just so you know why the blades are NOT removable is because of quality and safety issues. If you were to swing an FX Saber and have the blade go flying off -you'd have a nice explosion where ever it lands and live wires exposed in the hilt -I'm sure you dont want yourself or family/friends put at risk. That said, I'm sure you all now would prefer attached blades now dont you? I thought so.

Not exactly. As JT mentioned there are a lot of other options available. There are several methods they could employ to secure the blade in place. Trust me they would hold securely. I have worked in the electronics field for over 10 years. It can be done safely. But then MR couldn't sell you a new saber every time the blade goes out.

Jayspawn
04-11-2005, 03:33 PM
Those are different licences. Totally different. Yeah I certainly wouldnt mind a low-quality product as long as it can be passed off. Please MR, use the cheapest materials you can find that way you can lower the cost. Hey, maybe you can use plastic and just paint it so it looked metal.

If the rest of us Replica/Prop Collectors can poney up the $ sithkiller99, you can too. Or just dont collect or complain.

LTBasker
04-11-2005, 03:35 PM
I'm sure the Star Wars license for this had a pretty hefty price tag though, as well as all the studying they did of the original props.

What SW stuff are you talking about that was overpriced on QVC?

The last QVC show I watched was in '97 with the POTF2 AT-AT, I believe they wanted quite a bit over the retail price. Possibly they had better pricing during Episode 1 but I had stopped watching them for charging so much for the AT-AT. :p

I'm probably wrong considering what Jayspawn just said, I was going off of one replica saber I ran into at a comic shop that was $130. Like I said it could've been a knock-off though, the base was completely blank of any text information even though it looked like an Icons base.

Please MR, use the cheapest materials you can find that way you can lower the cost. Hey, maybe you can use plastic and just paint it so it looked metal.

That can come off with a really nice look too. I have a replica of a Remingtion Model 870 shotgun, it's mostly ABS plastic but it's been polished and painted to look like metal which looks perfect. It was only around $230 after shipping. It can even take fake shells to load and eject like the real thing, without that feature the price would be less obviously. And I doubt MR would need a feature like that.

I hope we all haven't scared off the MR represenative. :confused:

Jayspawn
04-11-2005, 03:41 PM
Its ok LTBasker, they're probably having a good laugh. And I think you're right about the Star Wars name carrying a heafty price tag. I bet it does.

JediTricks
04-11-2005, 06:27 PM
I remember Icons being cheaper actually, around $150-250. Maybe they were knock-offs I saw.Icons' lightsabers started retail at $350 in '96 and by '98 they were $450, and they weren't the quality that MR's are.

As for the license cost, sure it was a lot, but it wasn't THAT much, we're not paying $200 for the Force FX Lightsabers and they're friggin' awesome. (Keep in mind, I think if MR put out some SW hilt and blaster replicas under $200, I would definitely be owning those, the only hilt replicas I have were done by small-time places before MR existed and none cost me over $125.)

Sith Lord 0498
04-11-2005, 07:14 PM
Icons' lightsabers started retail at $350 in '96 and by '98 they were $450, and they weren't the quality that MR's are.

That explains it. I got my Vader lightsaber around '97 or '98, so mine was during the price increase.

sith_killer_99
04-11-2005, 07:19 PM
Please MR, use the cheapest materials you can find that way you can lower the cost. Hey, maybe you can use plastic and just paint it so it looked metal.

:rolleyes:

What I'm saying is that if they can make a good saber hilt with blade and send it to market for $120.00 then....

a. They can afford to make a basic hilt that looks good for at least that price vs $360.00!

b. If the license is such a big part of the cost then again, how can they afford to make money on the FX series.

It just dosen't add up IMO. Perhaps you consider the FX to be low quality "plastic", but I was impressed with the one I saw at Meijer's. I certainly would cough up $120.00 for the hilt by itself. Heck, if I wasn't on my way to Japan at the time I would have bought it on the spot, blade and all. Eventually I probably will buy one. Heck the price on the FX saber is right. ;)

If the rest of us Replica/Prop Collectors can poney up the $ sithkiller99, you can too. Or just dont collect or complain.

Ummmm, I don't currently collect MR, as I said earlier:

I really wish the regular sabers weren't soo expensive, then I could actually afford to buy a couple. For now it looks like all my money will be going to Gentle Giants and Kotobukiya.

I may pick up a few mini sabers, if I like the mini smoked Darth Sidious BB exclusive I just bought.

However, my post was as much out of dismay for the uneven pricing between the FX series and the regular sabers as it was constructive criticism.

Hence my post:

If MR was to come out with a nice quality, unlimited...running production of a few of the more popular sabers such as Vader, they could sell a lot more of them and lower their cost per unit.

The limited production is a bigger part of the cost for these things than materials or licensing. A prime example again is the FX series, which I believe is not limited. It sells for 1/3rd the cost.

I have made similar criticism of Gentle Giants for producing very popular characters (Darth Vader) in limited (2,500) numbers. The difference of course, is the GG didn't gouge collectors on the retail cost just because it was a "limited edition".

Don't get me wrong, if MR wants to crank out a bunch of expensive "Limited Edition" sabers, good for them, it's not like anyone is seriously collecting every single one of these..unless they are insanely rich. But it seems to me that there is a market here for something in between the $35.00 mini sabers and the $360.00 "Limited Edition" sabers.

To me it just makes good business sense to fill that market and capitalize on the opportunity, they paid for the license, they may as well get everything they can out of it.

But I digress.

I am sure their $360.00 lightsabers are very nice, but for my money I would rather have 7 Gentle Giants mini busts or 4 Kotobukiya vinyl statues, or maybe, just maybe 10 Master Replicas mini .45 lightsabers or even 3 full size Force FX lightsabers.

In the end, all I am saying is it would be nice if MR could come up with something in the $100.00 range that didn't have a huge honkin' plastic blade attatched. It would be nice for collectors and it would make Master Replicas more money by fully utilizing the license they paid so much for.

Just my humble opinion. ;)

Jayspawn
04-11-2005, 10:25 PM
If you ever get to own a full-sized "Limited Edition" Replica from MR, then you'll know there is no substitute. When you own one -you'll know. You wont be sorry. They are worth it!

DarkJedi1981
04-12-2005, 02:20 PM
Hey Amy,

I know the Collector's Society will be back up and running after CIII but how about the Test Drive Program (Payment Plans) and other cool things that used run at the site?

chaiyya
04-13-2005, 06:43 AM
Dear MRCUSTOMERCARE, u have a pvt. msg. please respong to it.

Thank-you very much.

chaiyya
04-13-2005, 08:07 AM
oh! i should be called u Amy then.,

Dear Amy,

yes, its good to see the rep. from MR. Fyi, i had made an online purchased via http://masterreplicas.com on the April 11, 2005. I purchased 2 units of FX (anakin & vader). However, there is still NO email confirmation sent to me when the email has been sent to customerservice@masterreplicas.com (my order number is 1195248966) & im worried since the url is NOT https just http. is it secure to purchase online when the url is NOT https? i am in abroad, charged my credit card... triple my worries. anybody had made similar purchased here??? most of online stores secured their url with https. but not http://masterreplicas.com

Amy,

Is it possible the goods to reach me before or by May 2005? As u knew the long waited Starwars sequels Epi. 3 is to be released worldwide on the May 19th 2005. I really wish to receive the goods before the date or the best is by May 2005 (before the released date of Revenge of the Sith on the May 19th, 2005). In other words, by receiving the goods A.S.A.P. i could promote the goods to my friends, since they are interested in buying too. Fyi, after the currency conversion, my credit card will be charged at $1,400.00. Though, the charges is at a very high cost, thus i believe this a good investment & i had NEVER made any on-line purchased before & i really hope my 1st time will be a good & genuine one.

your immediate attention is much appreciated.

Thank-you very much.

my email : chaiyya@streamyx.com

James Boba Fettfield
04-14-2005, 05:35 PM
Thanks again MR for running that contest way back when this thread first started. Received the prize today. Very nice.

dgauci5
04-16-2005, 02:22 PM
Don't get me wrong, if MR wants to crank out a bunch of expensive "Limited Edition" sabers, good for them, it's not like anyone is seriously collecting every single one of these..unless they are insanely rich.

You would be very surprised how many of us are extensively collecting most if not all of MR's releases, especially the LE's. Insanely rich, no. Dedicated Star Wars collectors, yes. The FX's are very nice and I own a couple, but my main focus is their LE line which I now own most of. MR's prices are right in line with the quality of the products and service they provide.

sith_killer_99
04-16-2005, 09:54 PM
You would be very surprised how many of us are extensively collecting most if not all of MR's releases, especially the LE's. Insanely rich, no. Dedicated Star Wars collectors, yes.

I consider myself to be a very dedicated Star Wars collector as well, but with the basic figure line, Gentle Giants and Kotobukiya I find myself a bit straped for cash. I do have a wife and daughter to provide for and I'm just a humble enlisted man. ;)

dgauci5
04-16-2005, 11:06 PM
I consider myself to be a very dedicated Star Wars collector as well, but with the basic figure line, Gentle Giants and Kotobukiya I find myself a bit straped for cash. I do have a wife and daughter to provide for and I'm just a humble enlisted man. ;)

Being prior enlisted and currently supporting a wife and two children I can relate. After nearly 30 years of being a dedicated Star Wars collector you gain the ability to build your collection one piece at a time and gradually work your way up.

BigBuck71
04-17-2005, 12:08 AM
Hi Amy,
It's great to see a representative from Master Replicas posting on this board! I have just started my Master Replicas lightsaber collection. I have the Best Buy exclusive mini .45 scale Darth Sidious, the Anakin Skywalker FX blue lightsaber, and the Darth Vader FX red lightsaber. I love them! But, I have one small problem. After owning the Anakin Skywalker Episode III FX lightsaber for only two days, I am noticing something wrong with the blade when it lights up. About the first 1/4 of the blade at the bottom "flickers" and then goes out, and then comes back on.:( I am concerned about this problem. I bought it at my local Best Buy where I work, and I think I can return it within 30 days of my purchase for an exchange. That is the way we work most returns. I would think this would work better for me than packing it up and mailing it to you guys at MR for a replacement. What do you think? I have treated it very carefully in the last two days, knowing they are meant to be collectibles, more than dueling toys. I am concerned about the light on the blue Anakin lightsaber flickering out, and then coming back on. Please give me your opinion here, but if this continues, I will return it to work at Best Buy and exchange it for another one.
Thank you for any help or advice you can give me. Any fellow MR FX lightsaber collectors out there with advice for me would be appreciated! Thanks to everyone that can/will help me!:)
Take Care,
Mike Buckley

Jayspawn
04-17-2005, 11:20 PM
Best Buy isnt known for a good return policy, but if you can -return it or exchange it if they do that.

BigBuck71
04-18-2005, 12:36 AM
I called my supervisor at work earlier today at Best Buy. He said we had one more Anaking lightsaber coming in this week and I could exchange it. I will do that ASAP.

BigBuck71
04-20-2005, 02:20 AM
I exchanged the Anakin blue FX lightsaber this weekend. This new one is working perfectly.

DarthACAuld
04-20-2005, 06:01 PM
Dear Amy

My name is A.C.I have the Anakin ep.2 fx saber. I had it out of the box a few times to show some friends and put it back in the box. I've had it for about a year now, and i want to look at it the other day and the chrome on it starting to bubble up . it looks bad now, is there ant thing I can do to fix this?

:confused:

please help me with my chrome bubble problem

would i have to send my fx saber back or is there an alternative way to fix the chrome?

Jayspawn
04-25-2005, 04:03 PM
DarthACAuld, I would chip off the places where it is bubbling and see what the base color is underneath. If its silver then you should be alright -just clean up the edges. If its not then get some chrome colored paint (or any silver color variation to match it) and gently brush over it. That should clean it up a lot!

straight73
05-12-2005, 07:47 AM
Hi Amy,
I am trying to find a full sized Obi Wan Kenobi ANH lightsaber (weathered). I have found a couple of sites that say they have them, but they don't list any of the new replicas. So I think they might be dead sites. Do you have any idea where I could find one, a list of retailers or somehthing? Is there any chance this might be re-released?
Thanks.

Jayspawn
05-12-2005, 09:59 AM
Welcome to the boards straight73! We seem to be attracting more and more replica Collectors these days.

The weathereed Obi-Wan Lightsaber is not likely to ever be re-issued. None of their replicas to date have been. Most current online retailers are sold out of that lightsaber -but I'd check Ebay off and on and see what they're going for.

CaptainSolo1138
05-12-2005, 10:29 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=37887&item=6530914812&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
I found this. Not much of a collector of these things. Hope it helps.

JEDIpartner
05-12-2005, 11:45 AM
Insanely rich, no. Dedicated Star Wars collectors, yes.

I'm insanely poor (no thanks to my home remodeling) but I have a couple pieces that I absolutely love. I am looking forward to the costume replicas that were being advertised at Celebration III.

I didn't get the details as to whether they will be the size they were made for the actors or if they will be made in a fashion that the purchaser can choose the sizes that will fit him/her.

Master Replicas is the best!!!!

Stalecracker
05-13-2005, 12:25 PM
Hi all-

I'm new here and I have a question. Does anyone know when the Collector Society relaunch is going to happen? I want to sign up but the MR site is still "under construction". Any idea?

DarkJedi1981
05-13-2005, 01:37 PM
Hi all-

I'm new here and I have a question. Does anyone know when the Collector Society relaunch is going to happen? I want to sign up but the MR site is still "under construction". Any idea?

The official launch happens the Week of May 16th with emails heading out that day. But if you want to you can call over the phone NOW and do it at 1-866-REPLIKA and they'll take care of you. I did it this way and it was pretty seamless..:evil:

Sith Lord 0498
05-13-2005, 04:08 PM
How much does it cost to join the Collector's Society and what are the benefits?

salacious_b_crumbmon
05-13-2005, 05:18 PM
How much does it cost to join the Collector's Society and what are the benefits?

59.95 good for a year you get a darth maul full .45 size mini bonus coupons good towards purchases off the mr site early access to info and chances to win cs exclusives..as far as I know.

Jayspawn
05-17-2005, 10:30 AM
Just a reminder, he have a thread already going for Collector's Society information, rants and chat...

Official Supersized Reformed CS Thread (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=28275)

Jayspawn
05-19-2005, 10:42 AM
I went to a midnight screening of Revenge of the Sith last night and there were some nifty cards for a discount on FX Lightsabers being given out.

Sith Lord 0498
05-24-2005, 05:01 PM
Amy--

I preordered the .45 scale Darth Sidious lightsaber direct from MR's website. I know it says "Shipping June", but can you give us a specific date?

Thanks!!

eFXAmy
06-09-2005, 06:03 PM
Hi Sith!

They could possibly start shipping as early as next week! Probably the following week though.

Amy--

I preordered the .45 scale Darth Sidious lightsaber direct from MR's website. I know it says "Shipping June", but can you give us a specific date?

Thanks!!

Stalecracker
06-09-2005, 06:54 PM
SWEET!!! ANY idea when the Collector Society will gear up? AAAAANNNNDDDD- the reissue of the Windu FX. Is there a more concrete E.T.A. on that one? I CAN'T WAIT!!! :D

shadu widal
06-14-2005, 10:46 PM
Amy, if your still answering questions. Are there plans to do a Count Dooku FX lightsaber? I know his awkward design makes it difficult, but it would make for an awesome saber.

sith_killer_99
06-15-2005, 09:21 PM
OK, I just went to the MR website to get in on the Collector's Society, the mini Maul saber has me hooked.

I clicked on the "add to cart" link and went to check out, only to find that there was already information posted in the customer info!!!

I don't know who Craig Flanagan is, but he has never been to my house and all of his info was there for me to see!!!

Is this site secure? It certainly dosen't seem like it!

I will try to put in my order via the telephone tomorrow, but this has me more than a little concerned! I was able to pull up all kinds of info on this guy, including his order history, home address, home phone number and his 16 digit credit card number!!! :eek: I am tempted to call him up and lewt him know about this!

What's going on with this? :confused:

Jayspawn
06-15-2005, 09:33 PM
Thats a hard call sith killer 99, I'd probably call him and give him a quick heads up.

sith_killer_99
06-15-2005, 09:49 PM
Yeah, I plan on giving him a heads up tomorrow. It's kinda late to call tonight. I feel for the guy, if it were me I would want to know. :(

nash
06-16-2005, 05:37 AM
damn thats pretty sketchy, I dont think i will use my credit card on there until this is cleared up by Amy?

dgerbing
08-05-2005, 06:18 PM
Hello!

Are you ready to win that gold mini? The first person who gets all 5 of the correct answers posted the quickest will win an Obi-Wan Kenobi Gold mini. When I have confirmed you have won you will need to send me a private message with your address information as well as which mini you have selected. There will only be one winner.

The game is unscramble the Star Wars characters names. Good luck!!

From Episode IV: dogeer (1 word)

From Episode II: tfbatbeo (2 words)

From Episode II and III: ralsacuayae (2 words)

From Episode IV: regdtgilbighraks (2 words)

From Epdisode IV: rknstiatesino (2 words)
greedo boba fett aayla secura biggs darklighter senator tarkin DGERBING@WI.RR.COM

Slicker
08-05-2005, 06:50 PM
greedo boba fett aayla secura biggs darklighter senator tarkin DGERBING@WI.RR.COMYou're just a little bit late (i.e. 2 months). The contest was in another thread.:)

Syl-Rel Veloci
08-31-2005, 10:08 PM
Hi Amy,

Is it true that MR has the license to produce the Darth Maul Lightsaber from Ep.I but not the Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan Lightsabers? If it's true, how come?

This will answer the question why the Obi-Wan Lightsaber released by MR is from Ep.II and why MR doesn't produce the Qui-Gon Lightsaber when it is the simplest design to make compared to all the Jedi Lightsabers....

May The Force be with you.

~Syl-Rel Veloci~

lukespop
08-31-2005, 11:08 PM
OK, I just went to the MR website to get in on the Collector's Society, the mini Maul saber has me hooked.

I clicked on the "add to cart" link and went to check out, only to find that there was already information posted in the customer info!!!

I don't know who Craig Flanagan is, but he has never been to my house and all of his info was there for me to see!!!

Is this site secure? It certainly dosen't seem like it!

I will try to put in my order via the telephone tomorrow, but this has me more than a little concerned! I was able to pull up all kinds of info on this guy, including his order history, home address, home phone number and his 16 digit credit card number!!! :eek: I am tempted to call him up and lewt him know about this!

What's going on with this? :confused:

I had the same thing happen to me. I got on the website and when I went to my account someone elses name and password were there for me to see. I just thought it was a freak thing, but now that I know it happened to someone else, kinda freaks me out.

eFXAmy
09-01-2005, 11:17 AM
No, this is not true. The Qui-Gon is actually on the product plan for 2006!

Hi Amy,

Is it true that MR has the license to produce the Darth Maul Lightsaber from Ep.I but not the Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan Lightsabers? If it's true, how come?

This will answer the question why the Obi-Wan Lightsaber released by MR is from Ep.II and why MR doesn't produce the Qui-Gon Lightsaber when it is the simplest design to make compared to all the Jedi Lightsabers....

May The Force be with you.

~Syl-Rel Veloci~

Syl-Rel Veloci
09-02-2005, 09:11 PM
No, this is not true. The Qui-Gon is actually on the product plan for 2006!
Thanks Amy!!! I can't wait to get them!!! May The Force be with you. I'm so excited!! Whooooooo!!!!

Syl-Rel Veloci
09-02-2005, 09:28 PM
Oh, before I forget.... Is MR planning to release anymore green-colored FX Lightsabers besides the Luke ROTJ? Like maybe my all-time favorite Jedi, Qui-Gon Jinn's? Also, would there be any possibility that MR will release other Jedi's Lightsabers like, say....Adi Gallia, Aayla Secura, Ki-Adi Mundi, Plo Koon etc. etc?

Jayspawn
09-02-2005, 09:50 PM
Possible but not likely. Since we never actually SEE their lightsabers in the movie. That and they are pretty generic looking anyways -but thats ok!

Syl-Rel Veloci
09-02-2005, 09:55 PM
lol It's still worth collecting though, right? It'll be interesting if any FX Lightsabers come out with a Jedi Sentinel color (Yellow) or maybe orange... lol

Kidhuman
09-02-2005, 10:11 PM
They might Jay since we see them in The Clone Wars and some in the Battle of Geonosis.

Fwad
09-03-2005, 11:26 AM
I am looking to purchase the Darth Vader helmet through Master Replicas but i lost my promo code for being a CS Member. Any help with this would be great.

Jayspawn
09-04-2005, 12:42 AM
Fwad, your promo codes are displayed as soon as you log into the site under My Account.

Fwad
09-04-2005, 07:58 AM
Thanks Jayspawn. I better start working overtime to pay for the Vader helmet now. I can't wait until this one shows up.

Syl-Rel Veloci
09-26-2005, 06:52 PM
Hi Amy,

Ok, I ordered an Obi-Wan ROTS LE on 7/12/2005.... and I haven't received them yet. Does it normally take this long? Are you guys starting to ship them out?

Jayspawn
09-26-2005, 10:55 PM
They havnt had the Obi-Wan LE in stock for a while. The site says its shipping this fall. It normally takes a while to ship out a preorder.

I hate waiting too.

BEW
09-30-2005, 08:28 PM
Amy,

I submitted this email below to Master Replicas in August in regards to my disappointment in the quality of the Luke Elite Edition saber I received. They emailed me back and said a replacement was sent on 8/22. Three weeks later I emailed again and they said it may take up to four weeks to receive. I emailed again last week and they said they still do not have any in inventory.

---

Dear Master Replicas,

I am taking time out of my busy schedule (between work and getting married
next week I am at a loss for time) to write to your company partially in
praise and partially in complaint, unfortunately. I have been putting
this email off for a couple of weeks just because of my lack of time but a
conversation with my friend today confirmed that I do need to sit down and
address a few items of concern with your company and its most recent
product I purchased.

Let me first start by giving you praise on the quality and workmanship of
your Star Wars LE replica/FX products that I have personally purchased in
the past from an authorized Master Replicas reseller. I have purchased
the Leia's Ep. IV Blaster SE, Anakin Skywalker's Ep. 3 LE Lightsaber, Obi Wan's Ep. 3 LE Lightsaber, and Anakin Skywalker's Ep. 3 FX Lightsaber. All of
these products have been stellar and pristine down to the finest detail
and are proudly displayed in my home office area. They put a smile on my face every day that I look at them because they look so beautiful. Every product I bought so far has been worth it to me. The price tag (although hefty at times) justifies the end product and I have been completely satisfied and have always looked ahead promisingly to my next Master Replicas product, because I had no doubt in my mind that I would love it and be 100% satisfied with the workmanship that went into it. This firm belief held true that is...until my most recent Master Replicas purchase...

My most recent Master Replicas purchase from my authorized reseller was
the Luke Skywalker Elite Edition ANH Lightsaber replica that was available
only to Society members only. I was able to buy one of the two my dealer had and was really looking forward to owning a prop that only 1,000 other people have. I was a little stand-offish about the hefty $525 price tag but
looking back on my past purchases and knowing how satisfied I was with
them I had no problem with spending the extra bucks for this elite saber. That was until I opened the saber when I first received it. I am going to
number my complaints below on how extremely dissatisfied I was with this Luke Skywalker Elite Edition ANH Lightsaber replica:

1. First off the "Made in China" sticker...this was positioned on the main
barrel of the lightsaber's stainless steel surface. Even with the help of
the household product, Goo Gone, it took about 15 minutes of scrubbing and
polishing to get the sticker residue off (and I was not the only one...I
heard of many other people complain about the same issue).

2. Inside the lightsaber barrel there is a movable piece that is crooked
and not straight on mine (and also on my friend's whom I referred to in my
first paragraph at the top of this email). I can send you pictures if you
need to know what piece I am referring to exactly. It is sort of fin shaped
at the top of the saber next to the activator buttons.

3. The lightsaber black grip handles. They are a COMPLETE MESS! There
is smeared glue residue all over the handles (the black grips and the
stainless steel surface) that I cannot get off and even visual sites of glue
deposits that leaked from under the handles (and once again I conferred with others who made this same lightsaber purchase and they all complain about this too). This is so very unattractive when this lightsaber is displayed. I
have big glue marks smeared on the handle...that looks real nice if you
know what I mean. Again, I can send you pictures if you need to see what I am referring to. I would be more than happy to do so.

All in all, I am very dissatisfied with this so called ELITE edition
Master Replicas prop. I paid $200 more than the other LE lightsaber replicas I own and they are gorgeous next to this (excuse my language) crappy looking
lightsaber I purchased. I expected so much more from something entitled
the Elite Edition that I was very let down and I was looking forward so much
to purchasing the Ep. 3 Darth Vader Lightsaber but now I really do not know.
If this Elite saber is any indication of what future Master Replicas products are going to look like then I think your company has lost my business and you have gained one very disappointed customer from this whole experience.

Please forgive me for the length of this email. I had to write about my
displeasure in your product because I was so passionate in my disappointment of the quality/construction of this Elite Edition Lightsaber that I know in my heart it did not justify a $525 price tag at all. And I normally do
not take the time out of my busy life to write complaints but I felt I had to
if not for me then for the many other number of individuals I talked to that
have the same complaints that I do in regards to this particular product.
If you would like pictures of anything I described in my email I would be
more than happy to send them to you. I am hoping that this product is not
any indication of the kind of quality that your future products are going
to be made like. Please tell me I am wrong.

Thanks for your time and consideration in reading this lengthy email.

----

since then I have purchased 3 more lightsabers and have been completely satisfied (minus a case issue)...but I was happy to receive the MR email saying a replacement one would be shipped but I have seen nothing yet. I was wondering if you could shed some light on the matter for me. Thanks Amy!

Syl-Rel Veloci
09-30-2005, 08:49 PM
Wow, Master BEW.... You should put out a book!!! I took business writing courses and I have to say that your letter is EXCELLENT. I mean, I'm sorry for your situation and all. However, this letter will make any company just bow down to your mercy... lol

Jayspawn
09-30-2005, 11:11 PM
Wow! I've never heard of a Master Replica like that. It must be a fluke or something.

BEW
10-01-2005, 07:36 AM
Well first off...thank you for your praise and compliments Syl-Rel Veloci, but I assure you I wrote that letter from the deepest chambers of my heart because I was so mad that I spent over $525 for a saber where I can see glue deposits and glue smears. I am embarrassed to display it and tell someone how much it cost. And ordinarily I do not waste my time writing essay letters unless I really feel strongly about something. I love my lightsaber collection from Master Replicas but I really feel cheated on this one when it cost so much money and my LE ones that I spent $200 less on look so much more amazing and flawless. I was happy when MR said they would replace it but how long does that take. I emailed them again last night and got an email back saying now it will be in the end of November I should be expecting it. I wish I could just get one straight answer. If it is not possible or not in inventory please let me know!

Jayspawn
10-02-2005, 09:48 AM
Its a long sold out item, so of course its not going to be on hand. But they should be able to fix it.

BEW
10-02-2005, 12:25 PM
Yeah but every email I traded they never said anything about a lonmg wait...they said to me in August the most it would be was 4 weeks and now I hear November but who knows?

BEW
10-12-2005, 06:23 PM
whatever happened to Amy...I could use her expertise...I do have one more horror story involving the Yoda acrylic ROTS case if anyone is interested too?

Jayspawn
10-14-2005, 09:12 AM
Just a heads up! Over at the Master Replicas BLOG, they will be announcing their 2006 Marketing Plan! Woohoo!

I remember how excited I was when the '05 plan came out. Get ready to hold your breather and your wallets!

Markimus
10-14-2005, 10:20 PM
How much info do they release in these plans ? Do they tell us everything that will come out in 2006 - or can there still be surprises that pop up ?

Jayspawn
10-14-2005, 10:23 PM
They release the whole 9 yards! What, when and usually how much they will be. Its pretty exciting!

Markimus
10-19-2005, 02:16 PM
Now MR says they will not release the product plan until the end of November....bummer.

hango fett
10-20-2005, 03:30 PM
i have a question about the mace windu master replica FX lightsaber....is it supposed to have the darek purple all on one side of the blade when you light it up? and is there supposed to be a rattleing noise in the hilt?
???
HF

JediTricks
10-20-2005, 08:26 PM
I experienced one at Suncoast last year, keep in mind that this was a STORE MODEL, yet it didn't have either of those problems.

BEW
10-21-2005, 05:42 AM
When I saw that the lackluster of color of the Mace FX I was not impressed by it. It also seems that every FX saber has a really small rattle in the hilt. At least from the 4 that I have handled in my life.

nash
10-21-2005, 11:39 AM
Im not sure about this but the rattle could be the sound sensors. From what Ive heard the sensors are just a ball bearing that can slide about and triggers the differnt sounds. Dont quote me on this, but that could be it.

Jayspawn
10-21-2005, 11:42 AM
My Vader FX doesnt rattle at all. I recently picked up the Anakin Episode III FX (awesome by the way) and it rattles only becuase the covertech clip is a tad loose -but its sealed on there good.

JediTricks
10-23-2005, 12:59 AM
I believe that some of the motion and crash sensors make a little noise, there's a tiny faint sound in even the quietest onces I've experienced and I think it's from that.

Gnosis
06-01-2006, 01:38 PM
I own most of the FX's and I have never heard a rattle in mine. However it could just be that those particular Fx's could not have been assembled properly or perhaps the light contact with the hilt against something could have knocked something a touch loose.

If it causes you concern, i'd definately recommend Calling MR and get a replacement sent out.

Now that being said, I have heard reports of the Anakin ROTS, and the Luke ESB having those issues.

Jayspawn
02-14-2007, 06:52 PM
Hi Amy!

I saw that you were on so I thought I'd say hello!

Can you tell us anything about the Celebration IV Exclusive?

Hope all is well!

Delmustator
04-08-2007, 02:42 PM
I have all the FX lightsabers and NONE of them rattle. Have you been dueling with the Mace? It should NOT rattle.

itsme
04-06-2008, 07:41 AM
I just received my Yoda FX. It does rattle even without turning it on. Has anyone ever open up this piece? Except for unscrewing the black knob, there is no other screws. Appreciate any advice. I would like to open up and fix mine. Thanx!

p.s. i think someone did open up the anakin aotc and vader anh FX years ago. i cant find the link.

Jayspawn
04-06-2008, 10:16 AM
Is it the battery chamber thats rattling?

JediTricks
04-06-2008, 06:51 PM
I would think it'd be one of the motion sensors, that's what lightly rattles in all of 'em.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-06-2008, 07:10 PM
This is new to me, I have no "rattling" problems with mine. Solid...Solid as a Rock! :thumbsup:

I miss MR :cry:

DarthQuack
04-06-2008, 07:12 PM
I miss MR :cry:

Me too....I was at my dad's house checking out all my sabers stored there.....me want new ones!!!

JediTricks
04-06-2008, 07:40 PM
Hasbro says we'll be getting Hasbro-based Force FX after July, and new sabers in the line next year.

RooJay
04-08-2008, 01:46 AM
I notice we never got a goodbye from Master Replicas...

Jayspawn
04-15-2008, 07:53 PM
Yeah -they kind of went off in their own direction. They got some neat 007 stuff coming but I'm done with the most part.

RooJay
04-16-2008, 01:11 AM
It's kind of weird once you think about it - I wonder if they would ever have reached the heights of success they managed without the Star Wars license? I know it must have been an expensive license to maintain, but it's kind of sad that they seemed all too ready to get rid of it when time came for renewal. Maybe they weren't offered the choice? Anyone know the real story there? They've still got some great licenses, and I've no doubt that they'll still manage to produce some fantastic merchandise, but I can't help but think that they'll never again achieve the level of exposure (here in the US, at least) that they reached with their Star Wars product.