PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro Postpones ROTS Release!

Ji'dai
04-01-2005, 07:03 AM
I found this on one of the wire services this morning. They’re postponing the toy release until May 2! Read on:

PAWTUCKET, R.I. -- Apr. 1, 2005 -- Hasbro, Inc. announced today that it is postponing the release of the Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith product line until May 2, 2005. The official launch of action figures, vehicles, games and role-play products based on the next installment of the popular Star Wars film franchise was originally planned for April 2, 2005. The company’s retail partners have been notified and are expected to remove Episode III product from sale. The decision to postpone the release of Star Wars Episode III product was made after meetings with Lucas Licensing Ltd., in which concerns were raised over sales of Episode III product prior to the original release date.

"We are committed in accommodating the Lucasfilm request to postpone the release of our Star Wars product line," said Alan G. Hassenfeld, Hasbro's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "We understand their concerns and it is my hope that our fans and collectors won’t be too disappointed in the slight delay of the release of their favorite toys and games from Episode III."

"Lucasfilm and Hasbro have maintained a close partnership in developing the Star Wars universe for the benefit of all the fans who have followed the saga for the last 28 years," said Howard Roffman, President of Lucas Licensing. "We continue to have faith in Hasbro’s efforts to protect the confidential aspects of our film and multimedia projects until their official public release. We are confident that their future work on Star Wars toys and games will continue the tradition of excellence they have established."

Hasbro’s Star Wars license agreement with Lucas Licensing Ltd., continues to give Hasbro exclusive worldwide rights to core action figures, vehicles and games, electronic hand-held games, die cast vehicles and creative play products.

Hasbro is a worldwide leader in children's and family leisure time entertainment products and services, including the design, manufacture and marketing of games and toys ranging from traditional to high-tech. Both internationally and in the U.S., its PLAYSKOOL, TONKA, MILTON BRADLEY, PARKER BROTHERS, TIGER and WIZARDS OF THE COAST brands and products provide the highest quality and most recognizable play experiences in the world.

Lucas Licensing Ltd. manages all the domestic and international merchandising activities of the Star Wars and Indiana Jones properties. Star Wars is the most successful film-based merchandising program in history. The Star Wars licensing program is renowned for its attention to product detail and quality in the fields of publishing, toys, games, collectibles, apparel and home furnishings.

Slicker
04-01-2005, 07:06 AM
May I be the first one that says "April Fools".

Hopefully.

Ji'dai
04-01-2005, 07:35 AM
May I be the first one that says "April Fools".

Hopefully.

Hopefully? Are you entertaining the possibility it might be true :D

But yeah...

APRIL FOOLS!

Darthmarc
04-01-2005, 08:10 AM
May the Farce be with you.:classic:

darth_vegeta
04-01-2005, 09:02 AM
Beware the Dork Side!!

JEDIpartner
04-01-2005, 09:15 AM
Har Har Binks!

Fluke Skywalker
04-01-2005, 09:30 AM
"He's using an old Jedi mind trick!" - Jabba the Hutt, Return of the Jedi

El Chuxter
04-01-2005, 11:25 AM
I clicked on this knowing those two words would be in here, so I guess ya got me, partner. :p

(Not "partnr," as he didn't start this.)

Kidhuman
04-01-2005, 11:46 AM
DId ya type that up yourself? If ya did one hell of a job.

Ji'dai
04-01-2005, 12:11 PM
Yep, the first two paragraphs and part of the third are my work. The rest is from an official press release I used as a model.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-01-2005, 12:54 PM
Dang, I wanted to post this. Now it saves me some time. :D

Jaina Solo
04-01-2005, 04:59 PM
You know there are probably some people hanging out in front of a Toys'R'Us with wireless Internet and IVs of Starbucks coffee who haven't slept for a week, who burst into tears when they saw this... then screamed in rage when they got to the "April Fools" part?

Just checking. :)