PDA

View Full Version : Question for those buying Target Vader

Jaina Solo
04-01-2005, 08:46 AM
How early are you guys going to get in line at Target? I know they're supposed to hand out the tickets at 6:30, and I'm trying to figure out how long before that I should be there.

Thanks. :)

gsr-jedi
04-01-2005, 09:09 AM
I think that 6:30 thing is really just if there's a line. If you get there at 6 and no one's there I doubt they'll come out to give just you a ticket. That being said I'm planning on driving over there fairly early. Because I'll be up all night and I'm gonna get a croissant for breakfast and if you don't get to the croissant place before 7, you're screwed, so I'll be out early for that anyways.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-01-2005, 09:37 AM
since i'll be up most of the night hunting around (if i have problems finding a certain figure or two) i'm going to be in line no earlier/later than 6 am. If all else fails, i can get some mcdonalds and nap till somebody gently kicks/nudges me for my Lava Vader ticket. We have about 5-6 targets my greater area, so hopefully there won't be a debacle. If there is, i'm 6'2'' 270 pounds, i'll have no problem. :D

BanthaPoodoo
04-01-2005, 09:42 AM
Just a question, I know some WM & TRU are doing Midnight Madness tonight, but is Target doing it, or are they opening at 7?

I've read conflicting reports... and don't want to miss the Lava vader

mm74md
04-01-2005, 09:55 AM
Just a question, I know some WM & TRU are doing Midnight Madness tonight, but is Target doing it, or are they opening at 7?

I've read conflicting reports... and don't want to miss the Lava vader

No MM at Target. Most Target stores open at 8, but check your local Target

BanthaPoodoo
04-01-2005, 10:00 AM
Thanks a bunch for the info. I dont have a Target here in MS I can go to, but my dad in GA has one right down the street. He said he'd go get me one, just tell him the time.

I didn't want him sitting in the parking lot at midnight if they werent going to be open!! LOL!

El Chuxter
04-01-2005, 10:22 AM
I'm planning on 6. Not quite sure yet, depends on whatever comes of the TRU fiasco.

dindae
04-01-2005, 11:38 AM
I'm thinking 6:00-6:15. I doubt that there will be anyone else out there but I will want to make sure. Plus if there look to be more than 38 people in line that would give me time to get to another one.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-01-2005, 11:51 AM
I think I'll leave around 6:45 to get there, though mine doesn't open until 8 (I think). I seriously doubt that there will be over 36 people there, though.

El Chuxter
04-01-2005, 11:57 AM
I called the Target I'm going to yesterday, and they were very forthcoming with information. All stores (if their info is accurate) are receiving 48 figures. The lady I spoke with (she's in Guest Services, but I overheard her getting info from the department manager) said they'll be handing out certificates as people come in the door. I don't anticipate a huge crowd, but I definitely am going to be there early.

Kidhuman
04-01-2005, 12:35 PM
I am there already with my lap top and Taco Bell ten pack of burritos.

APril Fools. :D

Mandalorian Candidat
04-01-2005, 12:51 PM
I am there already with my lap top and Taco Bell ten pack of burritos.

APril Fools. :D

Wouldn't that be the ultimate April Fool's joke if all of us lined up for MM to find out that Hasbro had screwed up and didn't distribute the figures on time and were offering Polly Pockets instead?

Kidhuman
04-01-2005, 12:52 PM
If that happens, I think at least 5000 people will plan a road trip to Rhode Island. :D :beard:

Hellboy
04-01-2005, 12:54 PM
i'm 6'2'' 270 pounds, i'll have no problem. :D

Damn Guyute, you dip into KH's burrito pack or something? :D

I'm actually going to show up a Target around 6:15, get my coupon at 6:30, then head across the highway to the Wal-Mart that opens at 7:00 and then head back over to get in line at Target before 8:00.

JetsAndHeels
04-01-2005, 01:19 PM
I'm actually going to show up a Target around 6:15, get my coupon at 6:30, then head across the highway to the Wal-Mart that opens at 7:00 and then head back over to get in line at Target before 8:00.

Thats a good idea.
I am glad I thought of it.

wedge1968
04-01-2005, 01:48 PM
This thread has reassured me a little. I was planning on going there straight after Toys R Us. Actually, I was afraid that there'd be people there while I was at the Toys R Us thing. If there's nobody there at say, 2, I may just hang out for an hour or two and come back periodically (every hour or so) to make sure the line hasn't wrapped around the door.

evenflow
04-01-2005, 02:45 PM
The Target near me is planning on opening at 8, and have tol dme they have no Star Wars products and will be late in getting them. :( Anyone want to grab me a Vader? :(

Jaina Solo
04-01-2005, 03:36 PM
Thanks, guys. I knew someone around here would have the answer. :)

I think I'll plan on being there at 6:00. There are a lot of Targets around here, so if there's a line that looks too long, I should have time to get to another store.

When you guys called the stores for info, did you ask for the toy department, or just talk to whoever answered the phone?

03springfield
04-01-2005, 05:45 PM
Each store is supposed to get between 36-48 Vader figures. Ours got only 24 Vaders so far. Tickets start getting handed out at 7am with the store opening at 8am.

Greyfolk
04-01-2005, 08:29 PM
I'm trying to figure out 24 hr Targets. Will the Vader tickets be given out at Midnight?

Nevermind... I though the Super Targets were 24 hr. Targets... The one here in Tulsa is not.

-Greyfolk

Jaina Solo
04-02-2005, 12:30 AM
I called my Target to ask about the Darth Vader Lava figure, and the limits on other figures. They told me I could just "walk in and buy it (Vader)" and that there were no limits on other figures.

This guy sounded like he had no idea what he was talking about, though, so, who knows. *shrug* I'll be in line at 6:30. All I want is one Vader, but if they let me get more than one, I may just do it, and either sell the figure at a friendly retail price, or give it to one of my collector friends.

Dialogus
04-02-2005, 02:14 AM
Hey folks!

I'm in Canada, i.e. no chance to grab one of those red hot Vader over here :( ...

If by any chance one of u guys have a spare one to sell PLEASE LET ME KNOW and send me a PM!!!

Good luck on the hunting!

Veers
04-02-2005, 02:51 AM
I am definitley getting up early to get me one. It is crazy. These are already on Ebay. Check it out. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50264&item=5966595633&rd=1

That is too much to pay for that. I am going to wait in line to get mine.

CooLJoE
04-02-2005, 03:12 AM
I plan to be at mine around 7:00am. I doubt anyone will be there at 6am considering the store opens at 8am. Or atleast the Targets around here open at 8am.

I'm hitting the local WalMart (which IS having a tent sale, so there should be the Early Bird Set) at around 6am. They open at like 7am.

Spinosaurus2004
04-02-2005, 07:28 AM
I just woke up now and I'm going to head to Target and if they have a Vader I'll prob get him. If not, oh well.

DarthQuack
04-02-2005, 07:36 AM
I was number 2 through the door and actually got to keep my little card too! Figure was 12.99, not that bad. I like how they packaged it as well.

jimmymiro12
04-02-2005, 07:42 AM
Well I just got back from Target and am very pleased with the Lava Vader. I hope that all of you got what you wanted and that you are happy.

DOES anyone know if the clone commander is out yet?
Thanks,
jimmy M

James Boba Fettfield
04-02-2005, 08:29 AM
Got mine, too.

Related question: Any of you guys get this at the Lennox Target in Columbus, Ohio? If not, then just ignore me.

cdatkins
04-02-2005, 08:29 AM
My mom picked up the Lava Vader for me at Target this morning. She said she was 8th in line at opening, and they only had 24 figures.

She said Target's overall toy selection was pretty lousy, but they did have the ARC-170.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
04-02-2005, 08:56 AM
My dad and I both hit up Target this morning at 6 AM and they wouldn't even give us the tickets till about 7:30. At least we were numbers 5 and 6 respectively. As soon as we got home, I noticed both had slight dents in their corners. :frus:

BTW, did Lava Vader count for the $1 off offer? Apparently the cashier my dad went to discounted both figures he bought (Lava Vader and a basic figure). As for me, my cashier only took a dollar off my basic figures.

Tonysmo
04-02-2005, 09:14 AM
we got up to our target around 7:20 or so, very small crowd at the one close to me, so the tkts we got were 8 and 9. the Vader is very cool. worth the small wait. I would assume they sold them very quickly as there seemed to be just enough people there to collect on them. Over-all the cups went quickly, the 1st to be nabbed this morning. I was quite shocked cause it left me enough time to grab an unleashed Grevious. Ive just shredded his package and wow. he is just bitc :eek: hen.

warning though, pay attention if you have the $1 off coupon. She rang me out then hit the coupon once.. I said.. I saved a dollar? she nodded. I sweetie, you need to read the coupon. Its a $1 for each figure.. She most likely had no clue. but quickly schooled, I got my refund.

Kidhuman
04-02-2005, 10:03 AM
Holy Snickers bars..... Just searched Ebay for Lava Vader...238 at time of search and BIN prices of 150 dollars. I cant believe it

Linkage (http://search.ebay.com/Lava-VAder_W0QQfromZR8QQfrtsZ0QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1)

James Boba Fettfield
04-02-2005, 10:06 AM
Sad. I'm glad the guys I stood in line with all were genuine collectors.

Kidhuman
04-02-2005, 10:26 AM
Closing in on 300 now. I saw a bunch of guys there this morning who were easy scalpers.

Ramy
04-02-2005, 12:17 PM
Did anyone get any extras? I couldn't get one.

ronhudy
04-02-2005, 12:23 PM
My wife took my boys and got there about 7:45 this morning. They each got one for a total of three. They said about 20-25 people were there, some kids in costume. Everyone seemed cool and like they were all fans and collectors - not scalpers.

Fwad
04-02-2005, 12:30 PM
All the Hot Wheels guys were out today. I have been wisiting the same Target for 3 years and there is only about 2 other guys that i see that collect Star Wars. There were about 40 guys there today and they all seemed to know each other. They all ran to the isles looking for the Vader but there were not any there. Then they were trying to get all the blue and red varients of the royal guard and the blue and purple card varients.

kool-aid killer
04-02-2005, 12:37 PM
I arrived at my Target at around 7:05 today and was the third car there. The line didnt form up until about four minutes prior to eight, everyone just sat in their car. No tickets were handed out, they had the Lava Vader on the pegs among the other figures, but with the limit of one per person, and the employees were being diligent observers. I had no problem obtaining one, did you?

WesleySr
04-02-2005, 12:54 PM
Here is a Vader that is already up to $152.50. This is CRAZY.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2476&item=5967103286&rd=1

Slicker
04-02-2005, 01:06 PM
Just wait until these people start getting the Vader's AFA graded and see those prices jump. These things aren't gonna be that tough to find. I bet I could go back to my Target and get myself a third one if I so pleased but what's the point. I really don't have much to do with the second one.*shrugs*

Jaina Solo
04-02-2005, 03:58 PM
I was the third person in line at my Target, and got my Lava Vader, no problem. They had an employee with a cart full of them back in the toy department. My mother got yelled at for looking at hers as soon as she got it- she was told she couldn't look at it. Guess they didn't want collectors getting too picky. The card's a bit bent on hers, but the figure itself looks great. This is a very cool figure and I'm glad I have one.

Everyone in line with us was really cool. We didn't have anyone in costume, but one guy came with two little boys, who raced right for the toy department to grab their Vaders. We actually had one person show up who just wanted to do regular shopping, got in line with us, and ended up with a card for lava Vader. Being clueless, she never did show up to redeem it. One person who already had a Vader tried to buy it, but they enforced that one per customer rule. Someone eventually walked off with him, though. I just hope it wasn't the guy who sold his in the parking lot for $60- although I guess if you look at eBay, that's a bargain. It's still nuts.

dindae
04-02-2005, 06:26 PM
I was first in line at 6:15. The next car was 6:45 then 7:30. I walked back there picked up the figures I needed then grabbed the Vader that was hanging with the rest of the figures. No one enforced the one Vader rule but I didn't care. No one was being shorted there were still figures left on the shelf when I left. I did miss out on the Gen and Obi cups since they only had two of each (lame). I went to another store around 11:00 and they still had Vaders.

Agent23
04-02-2005, 08:18 PM
No Lava Darth Vader for me. I went to Target at about 10:30 am today, all wiped out. Called a couple other Target's all gone as well. Oh well. Wasn't my day I guess. :ermm:

What bums me out thou, is that people who just want to sell them gobbles these things up and the "genuine collector" gets the old screw job. Oh well, it's a dog eat dog world I guess.....

jwmc1971
04-02-2005, 08:34 PM
my story is old but port richey fl still has 4 left over..as of closing time tonight.i got there with 5 mins to spare and got 2!! sweet!!

Sean the Hutt
04-03-2005, 03:45 AM
I'm in Canada right now could not get to a target. my mom in San Diego got me one at 8 am. She went home picked up my nephew, went back and got one for him. It seems some Targets had a lot of collectors, some did not. I just feel bad for the people who went to those lame targets that did not have any due to theft or incompetence

Hellboy
04-03-2005, 03:43 PM
I showed up at Target around 6:00 after a greasy breakfast and waited for forty minutes before knocking on the doors to see what was going on. The lady told my buddy and me that the manager who had the coupons hadn't shown up to work yet so she couldn't give us any. Since we were the only people there we headed over to Wal-Mart and came back an hour later and we were still first in line. I had the opportunity to get more than 1 Vader but passed. The store only had the first 32 figures and at that point I had all of those so the only thing I purchased was the ARC-170 fighter, Vader and the Clone Trooper cup.

Slicker
04-04-2005, 05:32 PM
The Lava Vader craze didn't last but 3 days. These things have calmed down CONSIDERABLY on Ebay. They are selling for barely over $30 or not even double the price. Here's a link (http://search.ebay.com/lava-vader_W0QQfromZR8QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1)to check it out for yourself.

Jaina Solo
04-04-2005, 05:46 PM
Maybe that's because you can now order one on the Target website for the retail price. You have to wait a few weeks to get it, but considering what eBay's been up to lately, $12.99 isn't bad.

Hellboy
04-04-2005, 05:57 PM
I'm actually a little disappointed in the quality of the clamshell case that Vader comes in. The plastic seems really thin and I noticed most of the inventory I saw had crushed or dented corners. Hardly as sturdy as the VOTC clamshell. :(
I'd be careful ordering this online if you're looking for an all around mint exclusive.

ronhudy
04-05-2005, 05:35 PM
Looks like the chance to get one at Target.com is gone...

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_11/601-5395248-7203341?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B0007XATUQ

Says they'll e-mail you when it's available, but there's only the 50,000 being made, right?

hestep99
04-05-2005, 06:42 PM
But they are not actually numbered so no one can keep track of it. I would guess as long as people pay 13 bucks, they'll be selling it.