PDA

View Full Version : So THIS is the new Target Glass/Figure!

Fluke Skywalker
04-01-2005, 10:00 AM
I just found this baby on eBay. Looks like the reports of a new exclusive Cup were true. Wonder why Target isn't promoting this? Better than the Lava Vader IMHO. Looks like we'll at least have a full set of prequel glasses now!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2476&item=5966953740&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

In my excitement i didn't click on the picture of the back of the package. Looks like a Clone and Obi glass too! Whoot!

JEDIpartner
04-01-2005, 10:08 AM
I'd only consider it a full set if they had created 4 for each of the prequels, which is why I avoided these. I have all of the old BK glasses now and just having one from each prequel would have looked stupid.

Jayspawn
04-01-2005, 10:15 AM
On the back of my local newspaper, Target put out a FULL page add featuring an EpIII Clone Trooper w/glass! Looked pretty sweet! I'll be getting one!

Fluke Skywalker
04-01-2005, 10:18 AM
Yes, I have the BK glasses too. I really love those old premium cups and glasses. That's why I'm so excited about these. These are new ROTS figures, so I'll use them as army builders and display the cups. (which makes them better values than rehashed POTF 2 figures ala the other line)

Since I have the TPM and AOTC ones, I'll get at least one of the ROTS ones to even it out. I've seen the prototypes for others on-line, but they must have been canceled after the first Wave was a flop. If these do well, maybe they'll bring 'em back and we can have "full" sets. :D

mm74md
04-01-2005, 10:43 AM
Sweet. Another reason to head to Target tomorrow morning! I'll have to save just enough for the 3 cups and Lava Vader.

2-1B
04-01-2005, 11:09 AM
So these will be out tomorrow, then ?

Thanks for the tip, I need to get one of the three to finish off the other 5 movies I have.

El Chuxter
04-01-2005, 11:30 AM
Yeah, these will be easy to pass on.

TheDarthVader
04-01-2005, 11:48 AM
*yawn* I agree with El Chuxter.

B.
TDV

dindae
04-01-2005, 12:51 PM
I will pick these up but then I will skip the regular obi since its a repack. Having two clones won't be an issue and the general I will get because I'm getting the others.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-01-2005, 01:04 PM
I'll get these eventually, when they undoubtedly will go on clearance. If not, though, I won't really care. The clone looks to be the best of the three, as you can use him for army building. But I doubt these will be a huge success - didn't Target learn anything from the first five?

mm74md
04-01-2005, 02:55 PM
Clone cup from Target. Same Target employee seller on eBay.

JEDIpartner
04-01-2005, 03:11 PM
Hasbro rep commented on how Target, as a chain, severely under-ordered on product this time around. Best of luck, men! See you on the other side!

LTBasker
04-01-2005, 03:30 PM
Target underordering? Sounds like usual. I'm not even going to try Target, hopefully their exclusives will be around later but I'm not going to support them anymore, they're just a headache and a half.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-01-2005, 06:56 PM
Hasbro rep commented on how Target, as a chain, severely under-ordered on product this time around. Best of luck, men! See you on the other side!
Where'd you hear this? I can kind of understand this, as they wouldn't want a repeat of 1999 or 2002. One of the Targets near me had a whole bunch of Geonosian Rescue Maces for over a year! After a while, pegwarmers were baaaaaad at every store, not just Target. My WM carried nothing but 27 Chancellor Palpatine figures for two years before clearancing them, and I can still find Royal Guards at my TRU. So yeah, good on them.

But at least Target tries for people to like them. TRU keeps jerking around their release dates of things and WM has horrible practices. So Target, to me, is the best of all of them. :)

Slicker
04-01-2005, 07:05 PM
I missed out on the AOTC ones but if I happen to see these I may pick them up. I like the look of them.

Jedi
04-01-2005, 07:31 PM
Is this item slated for release tomorrow morning or is it something that Target has already had out for a little while but was just under the radar? I haven't seen anything on this cool-looking item until I saw it here on this website. Brings back memories from the 1980s waiting each week for the new Burger King glasses to come out. :D

Sincerely,
Jedi

Major Karr
04-01-2005, 08:52 PM
They should be out on Saturday. I have seen all three, and the Clonetrooper looks really good. The Grievous and Obi are just ok. The price I think is $9.99

Jedibill
04-03-2005, 08:33 PM
I picked up the Clone Trooper glass at Target today and was wondering if anyone knew what the little thing just aboce the Gun is, the little oval white thing with imperial marking on it?

beckmen
04-03-2005, 08:40 PM
I am assuming it's the shoulderpad thingy like the Quick-Draw Trooper has.

So these are just re-packs, then? Preview Grievous, Quick-Draw Clonetrooper and Slashing Attack Obi-Wan? Oh, well...

Jedi
04-03-2005, 09:17 PM
My local Target had these cup/figure sets in VERY limited quantities. After getting inside the store and looking at the Star Wars action figures, one shopper asked an employee where the cup sets were and the employee responded that she had to get them from the back room. She came back out with only 6 sets!! Right there on the spot the employee gave them out to whoever could get them first but limited to one per person. They were gone in under a minute. I got the Grievous set and my wife got the Obi-Wan set. I think this is a cool item because it's the closest thing we have to those Burger King glasses from the Original Trilogy. Very nice!!

Sincerely,
Jedi

jimmymiro12
04-03-2005, 10:00 PM
I hope mine has them because I forgot my General Greivous that I put down because I wanted to grab a red royal gaurd.

figrin bran
04-03-2005, 10:29 PM
i found the grievous and obi-wan cup sets but was unable to purchase them because there were no prices for them in the system at my local target even though the price was clearly marked on the shelves as 9.99. has this happened to anyone else?

dindae
04-04-2005, 09:21 AM
Mine didn't ring up either but they did sell them when they found the price. These sets are available at Target.com for those that still haven't gotten them as well as the Vader. Normally I would wait to see them at the store but with gas as high as it is shipping doesn't bother me as much.

mm74md
04-04-2005, 09:32 AM
Mine didn't ring up either but they did sell them when they found the price. These sets are available at Target.com for those that still haven't gotten them as well as the Vader. Normally I would wait to see them at the store but with gas as high as it is shipping doesn't bother me as much.

Thanks for the tip dindae. These were sold out when I got to Target at 8:15 Saturday morning.

Looks like the Lava Vader is sold out online already!

Jayspawn
04-04-2005, 09:39 AM
Jedibill, the white oval thing that comes with the Clone Trooper is an extra shoulder pad. They're cool too. I bought several Clone Troopers and opened them -got em all set up and everything. The extra pads are hidden in the single figure package (I almost threw them away) and you can change them around. Neat feature.

OC47150
04-04-2005, 11:18 AM
I'd only read/heard about the cup/figure set on Friday, and it was the picture of the clone trooper. I grabbed him when I picked up my Lava Vader and found the Obi-Wan at another Target later in the morning.

Boy, the Obi-Wan figure looks great! Might have to get a second cup just to free Obi!

Jedibill
04-04-2005, 12:32 PM
Jedibill, the white oval thing that comes with the Clone Trooper is an extra shoulder pad. They're cool too. I bought several Clone Troopers and opened them -got em all set up and everything. The extra pads are hidden in the single figure package (I almost threw them away) and you can change them around. Neat feature.

Thanks I was wonder why others were saying it was the same clone I did not see it in the Basic figure package.

also I bought the Grievous and clone trooper the Grievous rang up as seasonal $8.99 the clone would not ring up but the lady just type for like 5 min LOL and i got it for $8.99 also so it worked out.

Beast
04-04-2005, 01:23 PM
Heads up! According to Yakface, the figures are different than the basic figure versions. Here's the info from the website. :)

There Are 3 Others
April 3, 2005 | 11:00 PM EST | Bill

The Target ROTS Cup figures are NOT THE SAME as the carded versions this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are different variant figures...

1. Obi-Wan, appears to be same as ROTS Obi-Wan carded #2, but has DIFFERENT SCULPTED HANDS (PARTICULARLY CHECK OUT HIS LEFT HAND, IT IS OPEN, WHERE AS FIG #2 HAS A CLOSED HAND WITH LIGHTSABER ATTACHED).

2. Greivous, appears to be same as Sneak Preview fig, but has DIFFERENT CAPE and COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PAINT JOB.

3. Clonetrooper, appears to be the same as ROTS carded #6, but has NO QUICK DRAW ACTION and COMES WITH A STRANGE ACCESSORY NOT WITH ANY OTHER CLONE.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

dindae
04-04-2005, 02:05 PM
I beg to differ at least with the clone. I don't have the others. The clone I opened did have the quick draw feature. I don't know what accesory he is claiming is in there but since it is exactly the same I can only assume that he means the shoulder pad that is not easily seen on the carded figure.

LTBasker
04-04-2005, 03:13 PM
1. Obi-Wan, appears to be same as ROTS Obi-Wan carded #2, but has DIFFERENT SCULPTED HANDS (PARTICULARLY CHECK OUT HIS LEFT HAND, IT IS OPEN, WHERE AS FIG #2 HAS A CLOSED HAND WITH LIGHTSABER ATTACHED).

Obi-Wan comes with an extra hand behind the insert that is open. We heard about these removeable hands and such months ago, hard to believe they were forgotten about.

El Chuxter
04-04-2005, 03:25 PM
Any idea if this "strange accessory" is another of those claw thingies or is a reference to the shoulder pad?

OC47150
04-04-2005, 03:27 PM
There were pictures released six months ago or longer that showed cups with Han, Boba Fett and a third figure with OTC packaging. But nothing else was said about them.

I was pleasantly surprised to find the ROTS cups. Nicely done.

Beast
04-04-2005, 03:50 PM
There were pictures released six months ago or longer that showed cups with Han, Boba Fett and a third figure with OTC packaging. But nothing else was said about them.

I was pleasantly surprised to find the ROTS cups. Nicely done.
The Boba and Han cup were released only overseas supposedly. Target decided to pass on the last wave, due to the lack of sales on the cup sets. :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks