PDA

View Full Version : Lego MM3 -- Is anyone going all out?

Mandalorian Candidat
04-01-2005, 01:45 PM
It seems like it's been a loooong time since we've had anything really new at retail stores from Lego. Last year we got three rehashes (MF, X-Wing, Snowspeeder) and one new set (MEC). This year there's been the redo of the Shuttle and TIE/F with the JSF being the lone new set. I'm not bashing any of the redos, it's just been quite a wait to get in a bunch of new sets.

Is anyone just going all out and planning on buying multiple sets tonight? I'd love to dive in and pick up the ARC ship and the Clone Walker and Turbo Tank but I'm going to wait for the MINI specials at TRU to kick in first. My guess is that most of us will drop a wad on the figures and wait a bit on the Legos or hang tough until clearance season. Anyone have their Lego buying plans figured out yet?

Kidhuman
04-01-2005, 01:51 PM
I already have the Droid Fighter, but do want more. The more expensive(Turbo Tank, Catamaran etc) I might hold off on. I am planning toget an ARC and Mustafarand VaderMedial Table set though. I might wait until my B-day for the Arc or Mustafar since it is 2 months away. Vader will be sucked up tonight/tomorrow.

Ji'dai
04-01-2005, 02:15 PM
I won't be buying any LEGO tomorrow. Since my TRU had all the new sets BOGO 50% Off last week, I do know that I'll be getting the Clone Turbo Tank, Wookie Catamaran, Grevious Chase, and JSF/VD for my birthday though. I checked yesterday and TRU either sold out or pulled them from the shelves.

I was looking at the playsets (the final duel and Wookie/droid battle) when my TRU had them and I wasn't really all that impressed with them. Maybe after I see the movie they'll make more sense. But the vehicles are the neatest of the bunch so those sets are what I asked for first.

LusiferSam
04-01-2005, 02:58 PM
I won't be doing the midnight madness thing (I don't or care if there even one around here), nor I have decided what if any of the Ep 3 set I'll be getting. I've not been real impressed with what I seen of the Ep 3 and ones I might otherwise be chopping at the bit for Lego has marred.

I don't buy multiples of any set. No real reason to speak of, I just don't do it. Not that there aren't good sets worth buying multiples of. The only reason I'd buy multiples is for parts. But it normal cheaper to buy them off BrickLink (unless it a rare element).

JediTricks
04-01-2005, 05:25 PM
I haven't really decided yet, I bought the ARC-170 2 weeks ago but I do kinda want the MINIs. I think I may pass on the MINIs though and get at least the AT-RT (Clone Scout Walker) and a Droid Tri-Fighter tonight. I also want the Wookiee Attack set but I'm not sure my wallet can take a hit that big on top of all the other stuff I'm buying so I'll probably save that for May when the MINI ARC-170 is available.

Slicker
04-01-2005, 07:08 PM
I'll lay off the Lego's until next month. It's not as if they're not gonna be there.

JediTricks
04-01-2005, 07:37 PM
Oh yeah, they'll almost definitely be around all year, one of the great things about Lego is they don't short-ship their products unlike most other toy companies. Still, I have the "ooh, it's new and it's now" bug so I am not sure I'll be able to wait that long. ;)

Jedibill
04-02-2005, 06:39 PM
already had Arc-170 Tri Droid and Clone Tank and bought the other 6 Today, Lego's are great.

Kidhuman
04-02-2005, 09:23 PM
I only bought the Vader Table one. I do wanna get the Wookie set, looks decent, Mustafarand ARC-170, buit as I stated before, B-day in 2 months.

2-1B
04-03-2005, 12:37 AM
All I bought was the Vder/Fx-6 set and the Clone Scout deal. None of the 20-30 dollarish sets really jumped out at me and the big sets will have to wait for now.

I think AOTC's Lego opening was more pleasing as I recall getting a few better sets up front like the Tusken Encounter and the Yoda/Dooku sets.

LTBasker
04-03-2005, 01:31 PM
The LEGO AT-RT is actually pretty nice. One of the best non-mini LEGO sets I've gotten in awhile, a much better model than the AT-ST. It actually felt like a LEGO set! Tiny parts making up large parts, not a bunch of specialty pieces. :)

moulman
04-03-2005, 04:16 PM
considering the fact that i had bought most of the lego sets before MM, i decided to pick the two that i needed, vader transformation and ultimate lightsaber duel- built both, and there both preety cool

JediTricks
04-04-2005, 02:18 AM
I picked up the Clone Scout Walker (AT-RT) and Droid Tri-Fighter at Target yesterday using the $1 off coupon. I wasn't that excited about the AT-RT, it's got limited range of motion on the legs (1 of the limitations can be removed, the others not so much) and the head doesn't seem so great, very insignificant. The Droid Tri-Fighter on the other hand is very cool, I love how evil the eyes look (the Hasbro version totally dropped the ball there) and how something so flimsy during all the build turned out pretty solid. I think the area behind the eyes needs to be filled in better, and it can be, but overall it was a fun build. The instructions are hard to read though, making out the difference between black plates and dark-blue plates, and it doesn't show that the section that holds the center ball onto the body should be slid back, and it shows the housings of the engines as half a stud closer to the end than they actually are.

All in all, like AOTC's release I haven't been all that tempted, but I have gotten some good pieces so far. I plan on getting the Wookiee Attack set when the MINI ARC-170 is available, and if I had the dough I'd buy the Clone Turbo Tank (even though Mace's saber lights up blue), maybe the final battle set but probably not.

LusiferSam
04-04-2005, 02:37 PM
I did a lot of looking but little buying. The Wookiee Attack and Vader transformation were real tempting. The General chase also looked pretty good. But I didn't buy one ROTS item over the weekend. Instead I left Wal-Mart with a TIE fighter. I figured I've got a birthday around corner and the Viking stuff won't be available then, so I'd better hold off if I want any legos for my birthday.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-05-2005, 01:19 PM
I really wanted to just say FU to the figures and dump my $$ on the Lego sets, but the problem is limitations with figure distribution and I wanted to get some before they were bought up. I almost bought the ARC ship but I found out it's $40 and not $30 like I thought. Someone is going to start a Lego sale by the time the movie comes out so I'm just going to be patient **grrr** and wait. I want to get some of those exclusive MINIs anyways.

Funny thing, at my local WM most of the Legos are already gone. They ran out of ARCs, GG Chase, TDFs, and are almost out of DVTrans and Clone Walkers.