PDA

View Full Version : Simpsons moive

mylow thehutt
01-06-2002, 03:59 PM
:)is the rumor true that there will be simpsons moive??

Jek Porky 2002
01-06-2002, 04:21 PM
I here that there is one planned but it will not be untill the series has finished.
A wise move I think otherwise it would kill it.

mylow thehutt
01-06-2002, 05:20 PM
The series never ends!!

GNT
01-06-2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by mylow thehutt
The series never ends!!

Not yet but it is very close to ending soon,stupid pay rises! :mad:

JediCole
01-06-2002, 10:41 PM
The series ended just before the "Who Shot Mr. Burns" storyline. After that, it was mostly downhill. There have been a few gems amoung the stones, but far less than the season two on through the above mentioned "Jumping the Shark" episode. Those were the days of mostly gems!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
01-06-2002, 10:42 PM
I heard a rumor for a Simpson's movie too, but that was almost a decade ago, back around 1991/1992. Seems like they would have made it by now unless Jek is right.

JediTricks
01-06-2002, 10:46 PM
Fox and Groening have both said that the contracts are all done for a movie (between those 2 parties, anyway), but it will be once the series ends. Personally, I can't see how a Simpsons movie could work out, but Beavis & Butt-head and South Park both put good movies out, so who knows.

derek
01-07-2002, 01:38 AM
i'd like to see a simpsons film where the whole family drives across the country to go to an amusement park, only to find it closed upon their arrival. they then kidnap john candy and force him to open the park and let them ride the rides.

or maybe lisa could mysteriously disappear and bart could devote his life to find her, only to learn that homer may not be his father, but ned flanders is, and he's the head of an international conspiracy to produce an alien-human hybrid in an attempt to save mankind from the impending alien colinization.

i just can't wait for the "cletus the slack jawed yokel" spinoff to premier.

JediTricks
01-07-2002, 11:00 PM
I cannot WAIT for the show to end, last night's ep made me want to wretch, I cringed in disgust every few minutes as "The Simpsons" eroded before my eyes into the worst eps of "The Critic".

GNT
01-08-2002, 02:34 AM
They should do a "Bartman" Episode or even a "Bartman" movie? Since they haven't done much with Bartman all these years.

Or how about an "Itchy and Scratchy" the same one that was used in that episode only longer?

Jek Porky 2002
01-08-2002, 03:48 PM
The last good episode I saw was The Max Power one in 1999, after that they have been diobolical, they used to be based on real life situations but now they get more and more silly!

And for f*(£'s sake will somebody tell me if season 2 is due out on DVD yet!

derek
01-08-2002, 06:01 PM
why do you still watch the simpsons? based on your past posts, the show hasn't been good for years. are you hoping it will get better?

JediTricks
01-09-2002, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by derek
why do you still watch the simpsons? based on your past posts, the show hasn't been good for years. are you hoping it will get better? Something like that. Kinda like giving it the benefit of the doubt, especially with a few folks telling me how they thought it was a "fairly good ep", I want to see if I'm missing something.

Man In The Box
01-09-2002, 06:48 AM
tell you the truth I cant say I like the really old episodes. Not as witty, some parts kinda lame, Homer was too smart etc.

Some of the really recent episodes are lame as well.

I guess you could say I'm a mid years fan. I love that Blocko land episode!

"This damn lego set is missing a piece!"
"Thats 'Blocko' Bart, 'Blocko"
"Right, 'Blocko"

JediTricks
01-10-2002, 08:43 AM
For me, season 1 is nearly unwatchable, but everything from the New York ep on has been fairly putrid IMO as well.

derek
01-10-2002, 04:14 PM
that first season was bad. they couldn't decide what color smithers was, the animation was bad, and the writing was not too great. i, for one, have enjoyed the show ever since and have no complaints about the show's quality. i even enjoy watching re-runs that come on twice a day in my area. i don't watch a lot of tv shows, but i do watch the simpsons about 13 times a week.

JediTricks
01-10-2002, 10:56 PM
Ha! I have ya beat, LA has 3 daily reruns, 6pm, 7:30pm, and 11pm. It's the all-simpsons channel! ;)

GNT
01-10-2002, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
It's the all-simpsons channel! ;)

If its the all-simpson channel how come its only on 3 times a day?hhmmmmm Shouldn't it be on all day long?

Sliver FBI
01-13-2002, 01:43 AM
Ha! I have ya beat, LA has 3 daily reruns, 6pm, 7:30pm, and 11pm. It's the all-simpsons channel! ;)

Ha! I have reruns at 9:30 am 6pm 6:30pm (on two different channels! :D ) 7pm 10pm AND 10:30pm :crazed: :cool:

Of course, they“re not on the same channel, but you might say I have Simpsons all day long.:stupid:

JediTricks
01-13-2002, 09:07 AM
Ah, but is it dubbed into spanish Sliver? 'Cause dubbed eps don't count. ;)

Eternal Padawan
09-04-2002, 09:36 AM
Regarding the Simpsons moivemovie, Harry Shearer said in an interview recently that all the ducks are in a row for that one. All the contracts are signed. When asked about the future of the series he said, "as soon as Fox can find a show good enough to replace them in the timeslot, they'll end it. So far they've had no luck in that department, so expect Simpsons for the next couple seasons..."

...or something to that effect.

ROLLO!

scruffziller
09-05-2002, 08:43 AM
Here is the lowdown.Simpson's movie info (http://movies.go.com/movies/T/thesimpsonsmovie_tbd/index.html)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-06-2002, 10:47 PM
Around here I can view the Simpson's at 5:00 on CBC (the Canuckleheads station)

Then turn on Fox at 6:00 and 6:30 for more.

Then before I go to bed, turn on the WB and get an episode at 11:00 and 11:30.

And for those who would like to see the show go off the air. . . be careful with what you wish for, because you might just get it. And then once it's gone, you'll really really really really really really really miss it.

TylerD
09-07-2002, 01:42 AM
LBC, You are SOOOO CORRECT! All thses people that say the newer episodes have been rubbish lately, and that they wouldn't mind the series ending would sure miss it. I know I would!

BTW, I like the newer seasons better than the old ones. The first season's animation is just to crappy for me...and I enjoy most of the jokes on the newer episodes...

Darth Vellner
09-07-2002, 02:32 AM
I LOVE the simpsons!! I don't want it to end....But I would like a movie.....I guess we will have DVD's (like 14+ seasons) and Simpsons action figures (300+) to keep us happy for years to come!!

JediTricks
09-07-2002, 02:41 PM
How could you miss it? It's on at least 4 times a day in nearly every North American market apparently!

Personally, I'd rather see it grind to a halt now than suffer through another unfunny season. At this point, the unfunny seasons now outnumber the funny ones IMO (season 1 is an "unfunny season", so when this new season starts, it'll be 8 u.f. to 6 f. -- seasons 1 and 9-current are u.f. while seasons 2-8 are f.), let it be remembered as a funny show rather than like the Flintstones which didn't know WHERE to stop.

Eternal Padawan
09-07-2002, 03:18 PM
2-8 is seven seasons. Aren't they on the 13th season? Including 1 that would be 6 unfunny and 7 funny. I think.

ROLLO!

JediTricks
09-07-2002, 03:41 PM
Hmm, you are right, 7 seasons. What's really sad is I went back and changed it, originally it said 8 to 7 which was the wrong count and didn't have a mention of which seasons I meant. Well... I don't think season 2 is all that funny either. ;) :D

November will start season 14, so I guess if I'm counting season 2 as "funny" (and I'm not totally convinced on that, upon reviewing that season in text, I find it neither qualifies as "funny" OR "unfunny", it's really the barrier between season 1 and 3 in that way) it'll be half and half which is NOTHING to brag about IMO.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-08-2002, 12:35 AM
How could you miss it? It's on at least 4 times a day in nearly every North American market apparently!

Repeats are like leftovers. They start off nice and well but you can only stomach so much before they become old and stale.

One could make an exception with the Simpson's, because the show is so darn funny and the show has been on so long. But I'll take as many new episodes as Fox can churn out before the show goes off the air.

I'm thinking of the show Press Your Luck and Card Sharks on Game Show Network, two exciting game shows (in my opinion) that totaled about 700 or so episodes. That may be a lot of episodes, but when they air everyday on GSN consecutively, plus on the weekends (and sometimes twice a day) it only takes so long before you see every episode. Then pretty soon you'll see the same episodes again. Then watching that show will lose it's luster when you know what's going to happen.

Compare that to the Price is Right which just began it's 31st season on CBS. I could watch reruns of that show until I die and never see a repeat.

So funny or unfunny, I hope the Simpson's will stay on air as long as the network would let them.

kadamontaga
09-08-2002, 08:22 AM
I just hope that when it does end, its by the hand of the writers and producers. Not because Fox doesn't want it anymore.

Bosskman
09-17-2002, 08:17 PM
The Simpsons is my alltime favorite show. As far as TV/movies/and related stuff its right up there with Star Wars. While I find a lot of the jokes on the newer shows funny, there are very few newer shows that I would considser "funny episodes" HOMER rules the show, and some jokes in the newer episodes are pure hilarity, PURE HOMER!!!!! (wolves and cougars ate our roast beef, you're the camel, I'm homey womey the teletubby, I could just sit here covered in panda love (she's presenting), writhing funzos in my sack, ...i could go on for ever) That guys who works at Costington's who says yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees all the time is ingeniously hilarios. It's only been in the last few years that episodes have been dwindling in funniness. The first season, when it was out, I found incredibly funny but looking back it pales in comparison to the mid-seasons. I've seen most of the older episodes (like 3 seasons ago and before) at least 10-20 times and many episodes I never tire of watching. There was a point in my life where I watched it 5 times a day. A lot of my friends share my love of the show, so much so that the simpsons creeps into almost every aspect of my lie: talking about the simpsons with friends and co-workers, thinking about the simpsons, collecting simpsons figures, reading about the simpsons, watching the simpsons. In fact, there are very few people I know who DON't like the simpsons, and those people, at least the ones I know, are usually the jerks that nobody likes, or the Frank Grimes sorta person. After having said all this, I would be relieved if the show ended soon, before it goes the way of most other shows and fizzles out unnoticed or gets so incredibly stupid that I hate it. That will probably never happen but it is a great fear of mine.

Jayspawn
09-18-2002, 04:09 PM
I don't know if I'd want to see a Simpsons movie. I like the show just fine. I don't watch it regularily, but I'm dedicated to getting the DVD series.

I agree with a lot of you, most of the shows now are just crap. Theres a few good, but not many.

Exhaust Port
09-18-2002, 04:35 PM
Initially I've very interested in seeing a Simpsons movie but as I think about it I'm afraid that it would ruin the series. So on the fear that it would ruin a good thing I don't think they should do a movie, at least right now. Perhaps it would be a fitting end to the TV series when it finally stops running and start producing the movies.

Darth Vellner
09-19-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Exhaust Port
Initially I've very interested in seeing a Simpsons movie but as I think about it I'm afraid that it would ruin the series. So on the fear that it would ruin a good thing I don't think they should do a movie, at least right now. Perhaps it would be a fitting end to the TV series when it finally stops running and start producing the movies.

That IS what they are doing!

They are going to END the show and then make the movie
Matt has been thinking about ending the show for the last 3 years and then Making a movie...And then he's done!

P.S. The Simpsons (Re-runs will live forever!) will always be on TV.

Exhaust Port
09-20-2002, 10:53 PM
In that case I can live with the movie idea. It'll be a sad day when I can't expect to find a new Simpsons airing Sunday nights but as you said Darth Vellner, they will live on forever in re-runs.