PDA

View Full Version : Have you made your list yet?

JediTricks
04-01-2005, 06:52 PM
Here it is, only a few hours until Midnight Madness, and I've just completed my official list of MM items I want. I had done a preliminary list a few weeks ago when I got the Hasbro catalog in the Droid Tri-Fighter box, but that only covered 32 of the 40 figures expected tonight. So, while working and reading the forums, I took the "everything Hasbro's putting out" list I made for Steve for the news and cut down all the stuff I didn't want, it took about an hour and a half in lazy-time. ;)

I grouped my list by wants and maybe-wants, it's a system I've been using for a while, anything left on my list was automatically a maybe-want so I added question marks in front of the ones that were "maybes" and plus signs to the ones that were "definitelies" (the more plus signs, the more determined I'd be to get the item).

What I found was that I only have 22 of the 40 possible basic figures on my list, 3 of the deluxes, 4 vehicles of varying pricepoints, 1 12"-scale figure, and 1 electronic role-play lightsaber. Of those, exactly half of the basics turned out to be maybes, and besides basic figures only 2 other items were definite wants - the ARC-170 and 12" Grievous.

So, how does your list stack up? I know there are a lot of figure-completists, but there are a LOT more than regular figures coming out tonight. So have you made a list yet?

JetsAndHeels
04-01-2005, 06:58 PM
I have a list, but what I did was make it out only listing the figures I plan on buying. I already have a few that I was lucky enough to pick up early, and others I am going to pass on. Thank goodness I am no longer a completist.

Anyway, I have the figure #'s and the figure name listed that I want to buy.
After that, I have all the vehicles, deluxe figures, and 12 inch figures that I am interested in. I have already calculated the costs...hopefully I will not be too much off the mark.

Hellboy
04-01-2005, 07:54 PM
I'm actually in the process of making my list as I write this. I have a similar style to yours JT with toys falling into "must have" and "haven't decided" categories. I have the names and numbers of each of the figures I want with boxes next to them that I can check off. Some figures only have one box next to them while others, like the majority of the Clones, have multiple boxes so I can keep track of my progress throughout the evening/morning without having to fumble through multiple bags of toys.

The toys that have made my "must have" list are all of the basic assortment MOC plus one to open of the figures that I think look good, which currently is 27 out of 40 with multiples of all the Clones. I wasn't going to pick up the ships tonight but have decided to get the ARC-170 Starfighter, AT-RT w/ Driver (if available) and the Unleashed and 12" Grievous.

I've also made a list of all the stores that I'm hitting in order complete with phone #'s in case I decide to call ahead for information.

Slicker
04-01-2005, 07:58 PM
The only "list" that I've got is to get all of the 3 3/4" figs. Everything else can wait until tomorrow morning or until a later date. I only want to be sure to get the basic figs because it's a pain trying to find the ones you need just chillin' on pegs. If anything else strikes my fancy I'll wing it and see what happens.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-01-2005, 08:22 PM
I plan on getting all the basic action figures i can, the deluxe, the vehicles, the battle arena figs, unleashed and the playset. And probably a lightsaber, just for kicks. Only a few more hours to go! I can't wait!! :D

Ji'dai
04-01-2005, 08:30 PM
Nah, not this time around. Would you believe I've avoided checklists in an effort to remain spoiler-free? The greatest threat from here on out is the merchandise. I can avoid trailers, online content, magazines and tv specials but I have to go to the grocery store some time. With all the food promos and toys and the massive store displays, we are gonna be bombarded with visuals from the new movie every where we turn. But I'm going to MM tonight though. Gonna grab the Early Bird package, some army builders, and maybe snag a 12" Grievous if I can. I have a feeling GG and the clones will be the first to go.

LTBasker
04-01-2005, 08:44 PM
I'm hoping to get around 23 things at Wal-Mart..

38. AT-TE Tank Gunner x4 (since they can convert into regular Clones...looks super articulated)
33. Clone Commander x2
18. C-3PO x2
19. Padme #1 x1
13. Count Dooku x2
11. Darth Vader #1 x2
9. General Grievous #1 (4 Arms) x2
5. Chewbacca x2
3. Yoda #1 x2
1. Obi-Wan Kenobi #1 x2
AT-RT with Driver x2

And maybe a couple figures at TRU just to see if they have certificates or something like they did during TPM.

Edit: I'm going layaway crazy for the next week or two though. :D

Flyin_Solo
04-01-2005, 10:13 PM
I took a half hour 4 days ago and made a list of everything I plan on getting, because I am not a completeist I just listed what I wanted. My system is good though. 26 items total
I made my list in numerical order, those with 1's are most wanted, 2's are very-important and 3 is semi-important.

Most of the basic figs on my list are 1's and most vehicles are 2's or 3's because they tend to be easy to find even after opening.

Kidhuman
04-01-2005, 10:24 PM
No list needed. I am getting basic figs and a Vader Lego. I am going for the army builders(3 of each clone for now) and a few battle droids, 2 BOdygurads and one of each else. Might pass on the R2 since JT reviewed it apready.

CrossWizard
04-01-2005, 10:32 PM
I'm only buying about 12 basic figures tomorrow morning so I don't need a list. Ever since the full list of 3 3/4 figures was posted I knew wxactly what I was gonna buy.

JediTricks
04-02-2005, 02:57 PM
I got half the figures on my list, only half because some weren't as nice looking in person and some just weren't there. Besides basic figs, I only got 2 other items on my list, 12" Grievous and Force Battlers Vader (one of my question-mark items :D).

So how did you guys fare on your lists?

Slicker
04-02-2005, 07:35 PM
I actually did better than I had wanted to. As I didn't find 32-40 that gave me around $50 worth of extra money so I bought all of the Micro Machines product and an extra Lava Vader. It was good times to be had.

Ji'dai
04-02-2005, 07:58 PM
I stayed true to my intentions: Early Bird, 4" & 12" Grievous and his bodyguards. Didn't see any figs above #32.

My impulse buys were the red/blue royal guards, Tarful, and the TRU holo Yoda, which was handed to me as I walked into the store. $10 for that thing.

The die cast vehicles were very tempting but I was able to resist.

Hellboy
04-03-2005, 03:17 PM
I got everything on my list even though 32-40 were a little difficult to find. I would've liked more Red Royal Guards, Clone Pilots and AT-TE Gunners but other than that I made out like a bandit. Mission accomplished. :smoker:

CooLJoE
04-03-2005, 03:23 PM
I got everything that I highlighted on the full list.

I ended up taking a full list of stuff that was going to be out, and highlighted the ones I wanted. It worked well this way, and helped me mark off any extras that I got.

tagmac
04-03-2005, 05:20 PM
I got everything on my list except figs 33-40, which were nowhere to be found in Jersey.

JediTricks
04-03-2005, 10:55 PM
I must admit, I picked up a few non-list items yesterday after I posted thanks to the Target $1 off coupon. I bought a second Clone Trooper (already had the one on my list), and a Darth Vader (who was NEVER on my list), and a Micro-Vehicles set (mainly because I didn't know if they'd be released on 4/2 or not), and 2 Lego sets (which were in my mind, but never even made the list simply because I didn't think I'd have the money).

Kidhuman
04-03-2005, 11:00 PM
I stayed pretty close to my list. The only things I ewasnt thinking about that I bought were Tater and two mini puzzles,(Vader and Grievous). They measure 5x7 so I will frame them.

JediTricks
04-04-2005, 02:17 AM
DANG IT! Once again I forgot about Darth Tater, he wasn't on my list, and wasn't at TRU's MM so I didn't look in the Playskool section.