PDA

View Full Version : It's past 12:01 am what exclusives, variants or new ROTS did you find this morning?

ndjedi
04-01-2005, 10:43 PM
Okay so its now past Midnight and all the madness, what did you guys find out there at Wal-Mart, TRU this early morning???? Post any figure variants here as well! Hope you all had a good time and got all that you wanted!!! :)

Lman316
04-01-2005, 11:29 PM
The main variant I saw most frequently was: "Happy Meal Pack-In Likeness!"
I just got back about three minutes ago and I was horribly disappointed with the quality of the figures up close. Did anyone see (or actually buy) the new Kit Fisto? That looked worse than a vintage figure. Yikes.

I snagged six figures (Vader, Chewbacca, Clone Tooper, Dooku, Palpatine and, well, Palpatine - the other version), figuring there was enough of everything else that I shouldn't have a problem picking them up some other time.

I'm curious to know how packed it was for everyone. Tonight, there were maybe ten people there, which pales in comparison to three years ago when there were over twenty, at least.

End...

Slicker
04-02-2005, 12:00 AM
The Kit Fisto was the one that I noticed that looked horrible. It looks like someone stabbed him in the eyes with a pencil. Other than that I'm pretty impressed with the figures.

As for people the TRU I was at had about 50 people. I was only able to get a couple of figures due to the amount of a$$holes pushing and shoving.:rolleyes: I just quit with only $100 of my expected $300 worth of goods. Oh, well on to Target and WM in the morning.

Ji'dai
04-02-2005, 12:15 AM
Only the WM was open tonight. It was crowded, maybe two dozen people, but a pretty well-behaved and orderly crowd. People were handing figures back to the ones behind.

I didn't get anything. I looked over the figs but I really like to examine paint jobs so I'll go back during the weekday when it's less crowded. I did see the 12" up close and thought about getting a Grievous but I passed.

I really wanted to see the Early Bird thing but apparently it wasn't out yet. The dept. mgr. told me about the tent sale being open at 8 AM as I was leaving. He said a lot more stuff will be available then. Had I known, I sure as heck wouldn't have gone at all tonight.

Well, I'm off to bed in hope I don't oversleep for the 8 AM tent thing.

DarthQuack
04-02-2005, 12:44 AM
I picked up 32 figures, yes I said 32. Only one I missed was Lumin b/c I was only going to get 24 figures, but then I saw it wasn't as much as I thought it was going to be, and when I got to my 2nd Wal-Mart, I couldn't find any of her. Got both red and blue guards which I didn't see any reds at my first WM. Now for sleep so I can get Vader in the AM. Peace out!

Kidhuman
04-02-2005, 12:57 AM
Got me holo yoda....:D :beard: I hope he is the :beard:ed variant.

Diamond Dave
04-02-2005, 01:32 AM
I was only able to see figures 1 - 32 at my local Wal-Mart. I got all of them but the Battle Droid. I did see both colors of the Royal Guard figure but was only able to get the red one. It was the first figure I grabbed and I think it was the only one in the store. I did find that the Anakin changing to Darth Vader has 2 variations. On one package it has the Darth Vader peices displayed on the side. The other has it hidden below the figure under the label. Well I need to get to bed so I can go to Target in the morning and try and get the Lava Vader.

QLD
04-02-2005, 01:50 AM
I was only able to find figures 1-28. I never saw 29-32. Are there any higher than 32 out?

They didn't have any Yoda's at my TRU, but they gave out rainchecks to 12 people. Fortunately I was one of them. I also ordered 2 more Yoda's from Amazon.

There were about 25 people at the TRU I went to.

Joshkj
04-02-2005, 01:56 AM
Didnt go, buying army online to save time. Going to Target at 5:30 though, bleh.

steeltormentor69
04-02-2005, 02:19 AM
I found 1 - 32 BUT found no red guards and in my frustration over it I forgot to pick up the blue one. I took a checklist with me and it took about 2 hours just to find and sort and pick out the perfect packages and all that good obsessive stuff. Plus on top of that being ridiculed by the passers by. Yeah so much fun, Target in the AM. Oh yay!

Flyin_Solo
04-02-2005, 02:37 AM
I WAS ****ED

My walmart had 6 other people haha no worries, But here is my anger
The old stock ladies were dumb, we got figs 1-24 and NO ARC-170 or Mustafar, did these get released?? Gah!

Picked up 28 figs 3 diff anakins, 5 basic clones, 2 obi wans, 3 super battle droids, for some reason I got 2 kit fisto's...they do suck.

RUNNING JOKE FOR THE NIGHT

"Anyone want a Jimmy Smits action figure??? Complete your NYPDBlue line today!"

After all was said and done, all that was left was Jimmy Smits lol.

Veers
04-02-2005, 02:43 AM
I found all 32 figs. I though 40 figs were coming out according to the check list. Glad only 32 figs came out, more money to spend. :)

JetsAndHeels
04-02-2005, 02:53 AM
I got all of the basic figs I wanted. I am passing on most of the jedi, R2, battle droid, etc. because there really is no difference between those and the ones we had for ep2.
I did manage to get the blue and red royal guards, but that was only because I was first in line at my WM.
No arc-170 though....that was the main vehicle I had planned on getting.
Off to target in about 2 hours. I've got caffeine pumping through my veins.

CooLJoE
04-02-2005, 03:00 AM
I hit up a local Meijer and Kmart.

First was the Meijer. Got there about 1 hour early and sat in the toy section waiting with about 3-4 other people (chatted with one girl about SW Galaxies and whatnot). I ended up getting to the isle before the rest and grabbed: Voice Change Vader Mask, Obi-Wan Starfighter, Grievous Bike, and Clone Trooper Blaster. Then while waiting, one of the store employees comes to tell us that all the stuff is sitting on the opposite side of the store. So we all calmly go over there and help each other get what we needed. We all agreed before hand to be civil about it and to help each other out, so that was cool.

Aside from the first few bits, I ended up getting 1-12 (thats all they had, and I got an extra clone trooper), SW Chess, Republic Gunship, 12" Grievous, 12" Clone Trooper, 12" Ultimate Villain, Obi-Wan vs Super Battle Droid, Changing Sidious, Changing Vader, Unleashed Obi-Wan, Unleashed Grievous, and Unleashed Anakin (Cha-Ching! $400 so far).

Then we heard a nearby Kmart had Collection 2 and barely anyone was there. So we checked out and flew over there only to find some kids from Meijer had beat us there and took the rest of Collection 2 stuff (1 of each was all that was left). I did manage to find a Kit Fisto, but thats it.

And just now I bought Holo-Yoda (2x) and Aayla Secura (2x) on Amazon. Those 2 I really want to have, so I figure it was best to order them online while they are still instock. This way I don't have to fight crowds at TRU tomorrow for a Holo-Yoda. First up is a WalMart (7am). Gotta get the Early Bird Box. Then over to Target (8am) for the Darth Vader and Cup/Figure sets. Then over to TRU (also 8am) for everything else. Although I'm going to try and complete 13-32 while I'm at each store.

Only 1 hour before I need to be up to get ready to hit the Walmart......and I haven't slept yet. :crazed:

LTBasker
04-02-2005, 03:39 AM
Only saw up to around #1-32, however I didn't see Ki-Adi and I'm pretty sure I didn't see Saesee. Luminara, Aayla, Shaak Ti, Agen, and Plo were all actually kind of scarce. I saw them but didn't think of picking them up until I couldn't find them at the third Wal-Mart.

TRU wasn't as bad as it was during TPM midnight madness, however the ever-so "intelligent" people at TRU decided to make an inverted L shape display at the front with the SW stuff..and they put the figures in the corner of the L shape!!!! There were probably 20+ people there crowded trying to nab at these figures. None were really rude or anything, it was just impossible.

Though thankfully my 5-foot-nothin Mother came with me and was able to squeeze in through the tall ones and pull out a couple figures. Not really anything major, but I just went by TRU for the "experiance" and maybe to get a certificate if they had'em like in '99. Sadly no certificates, and no holo Yoda. (I bought $30 worth)

Though it should be pointed out that TRU had several ARC-170's and Tri-Fighters. These two vehicles I did not see at any of the three Wal-Marts, nor the AT-RT which I was HIGHLY looking forward to. I saw a bunch of unopened cases though at the second Wal-Mart, however they were on the pallet and there were no employees around to open them. I would've cracked them open, but there was a huge pile and would've made a mess. I didn't want to get in trouble at that Wal-Mart as they're the only one to get things like the Titanium series!!!

All in all, after the 4 trips I walked away with 32 figures, 13 being doubles for opening.

However I noticed one big thing: There are variants of the card coloring, most noticeable at the top. There are purple and blue variants! So only 5 out of the 13 I will be able to open as the rest of the doubles had the different color than the figures that would be carded.

However I think that the purple will be the phased out color, much like the backgrounds back in 2002. So far on the 32 figures I have, the highest purple one I have is Mon Mothma at #24.

Anyhoo, here is my haul.

1. Obi-Wan Kenobi x2 - Purple and Blue cards
3. Yoda/Spinning #1 x1 - Purple Card
5. Chewbacca x2 - Purple and Blue cards
6. Clone Trooper - x2 Purple Cards
9. General Grievous #1 (4 Arms) x2 - Purple Cards
10. Mace Windu x1 - Purple Card
11. Darth Vader x2 - Purple and Blue Cards
12. Emperor Palpatine x1 - Purple Card
13. Count Dooku x2 - Blue Cards
14. Chancellor Palpatine x1 - Purple Card
15. Bail Organa x1 - Blue Card
16. Plo Koon x2 - Blue Cards
18. C-3PO x2 - Blue Cards
20. Agen Kolar x2 - Purple and Blue Cards
21. Shaak Ti x2 - Purple and Blue Cards
22. Kit Fisto x2 - Purple and Blue Cards
23. Royal Guard Red x1 - Blue Card
24. Mon Mothma x1 - Purple Card
25. Tarfful x1 - Blue Card
26. Yoda/Firing Missile #2 x1 - Purple
28. Anakin #2 x1 - Blue Card
Darth Tater x1
Anakin to Vader LEGO set x1

ndjedi
04-02-2005, 07:45 AM
I only got figures 1-32, i was ready to pay for up to 40 tonight! I did not find the ARC-170, the Mustafar Playset OR any of the Battle Arenas......:mad:
I went to 3 Wal-Marts this morning to get my haul of figuers, 12", Battle Vechiles and Deluxe, etc, etc...
I JUST now ordered WM Early Bird Set online! Whew, now im off to get Lava Vader and Holo Yoda as we speak!

jimmymiro12
04-02-2005, 08:10 AM
Between Walmart, target and tru the only ones that I couldn't find were
numbers 33-36. I saw all of the exclusives just not those 4.

cdatkins
04-02-2005, 08:11 AM
My mom was able to pick up an ARC-170 for me at the Target in Anderson, IN. But she could not find (at Walmart or Target in Anderson) a Bail Organa, C3PO, Padme, Clone Commander, Clone Pilot, Agen Kolar, Vader's Medical Droid, AT-TE Tank Gunner, or Polis Massan.

Slicker
04-02-2005, 08:24 AM
I found 1-32 like everyone else and this morning I went to Target and got 2 Lava Vaders then headed over to WM and picked up 2 Early birds. I ordered my Holo Yoda online so I was able to get all of the Exclusives. Booyah!!

Flyin_Solo
04-02-2005, 09:19 AM
Ok here is my offical list!
ObiWan Starfighter
ARC-170
All jedi
2x anakins
2x obiwan
5x clone troopers
3x Super B.Droids
Vader
Palp Emp
3PO
R2
2x Lava Vaders
Greivous
Chewie
Dooku
Deluxe Ani
Deluxe Palp(sucks :()

I believe thats all, good haul I love small towns!! :-D

I hit Walmart for MM (got most there)
Target at 8
Kmart at 810

woo great haul

Sith Vicious
04-02-2005, 09:22 AM
I got two Lava Vaders and a about half a dozen of the basic figs including the red guard.

Kidhuman
04-02-2005, 09:39 AM
I bagged the red and blue guards. Only saw two reds though. Blue was everywhere.

ndjedi
04-02-2005, 09:42 AM
Found the ARC-170 just recently at Target, and I picked up 2 Lava Vaders, they had extras by the figures. I was the 1st to get a Coupon while waiting in line before 6:30 am at my local Target. I also found the Clone Trooper Buddy at Target this early morning & i picked up 2 extra Red Royal Guards, 2 Blue Guards.
I went on to my local Target and they had waiting for me a Holo Yoda for 9.99, not bad esp since I had picked up mostly everything at 3 WM and Target.
I still have not found the Mustafar Playset or the Battle Arenas, and figures #33-40. What a day! I am so beat and i have not slept for over 24 hours now since Thursday night! I'm off to BED!:zzz:

Jedibill
04-02-2005, 10:18 AM
after visiting 3 wal-marts and 1 TRU and 2 Targets

I got 1-32 figures including RED and BLUE guard
got a Lava Vader the target I went too did not even give out coupons they just handed them out.
also Got Early Bird from Wal-mart they had a million of them easy to get.
ordered the Holographic Yoda from Amazon so hopefuly I will get that.

also got
Tri Fighter
Obi Wans Jedi Fighter
Grievous Wheel Bike
Droid Tri Fighter
Arc 170 <-- Was hard to find found 1 at Target
Bogo
Barc Speeder
4 Deluxe Figures
12"Grievous
12"Emperor
12"Clone Trooper
12"Anakin ultimate villain

Lego sets
Wookie Attack
Wookie Catamaran
Ultimat Lightsaber Duel
Clone Scout Walker
Darth Vader Transformation
General Grievous Chase

already had other 3 from being put out early

and on another note my local K-mart only had 3 lego sets and nothing else what so ever..

in the end around $700 dollors spent yikes bennie winnies all next week for dinner!

sease9
04-02-2005, 10:34 AM
I was able to find figures 1 through 32, (including both the red & blue royal guard) but no signs of anything else past that #. :ermm:

I also scored a earlybird kit last night, and witnessed some guy who bought like 40 of them. :rolleyes:

I just read somewhere that you have to send the receipt in order to obtain the kit, so to all of you that might have to get this through ebay, beware... ;)

Has anyone seen figures 33 and up down in Miami, or on the east coast??

scruffziller
04-02-2005, 10:44 AM
All I got was Tarfull. Since I don't get into collecting, I was not there to buy really but to look, but Tarfull was too dang cool to pass up. I really liked the changing Anikin to Vader figs, really wanted the Saga Monoploy, Trivia pursuit and chess set but ohhhhhhhhhhh, too much money.

DarthQuack
04-02-2005, 10:54 AM
Small update for me, I think I wrote at 2am when I got home.

Figures 1-32.
Lava Vader (still got to keep my coupon too) :)
Yoda (ordered from amazon)
Early Bird (ordered from Walmart.com)

Decent day for me, had a blast since this is my first MM when it should have been my 3rd. Only spent about 210 in stores. Another 55 online. What a great way to start the final trek towards ROTS.

General_Grievous
04-02-2005, 11:00 AM
I got all of the figures that my TRU put out. They only put out 20. I got all of them though. I got:

Obi-Wan
Anakin
Yoda
SBD
Chewie
Clone Trooper (first guy I picked up)
R2-D2
Grievous' Guard
Gen. Grevious
Mace Windu
Darth Vader
Emperor PalpatinePlo Koon
Agen Kolar
Shaak Ti
Kit Fisto
Ki-Adi Mundi
Saesee Tiin
Luminara Unduli
Aayla Secura
Deluxe Anakin/Vader
Deluxe Palpy
Deluxe Obi vs. SBD
Obi on Boga
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I skipped out on the vehicles for now. There'll be plenty of time for me to get them.
I'm going to another TRU and Target today, so I'm hoping to get the figures that my TRU didn't put out, like C-3PO and Tarfful, etc.

rust
04-02-2005, 11:46 AM
There was barely anyone at my Target. I was the first at toys. Anyways, I got;

Emperor
Deluxe Anakin
Blue Guard
Dooku
Grievous (4-Arm)
Bodyguard
Clone Trooper (x3)
ARC-170
Mon Mothma
Padme
Bail
Kit Fisto
Agen Kolar
Lava Darth

Great Figures! I love em all!

Joshkj
04-02-2005, 12:09 PM
Nothing I Got Nothhing Yay!

ndjedi
04-02-2005, 01:25 PM
I also got from starwarsshop.com the 500th Vader in Meditation Chamber for 19.99, it wont ship out till May.
Has anyone been able to find figures #33-40 yet? What about the Battle Arenas and the Mustafar Playset?

potf2x
04-02-2005, 03:16 PM
I was able to find 1-36, Lava Vader, and Holo Yoda.

ndjedi
04-03-2005, 07:17 AM
Has anyone found the 4 Battle Arenas, Mustafar Playset, or any of the Titanium Series from WM?

Kidhuman
04-03-2005, 07:24 AM
I found all Titaniums yesterday. I had 5 of them prior(got last weekend). No Arenas or Playsets.

As for exclusives, I got Yoda and Vader.

Sith_Hunter
04-04-2005, 01:18 PM
I got all the normal exclusives, like the Early bird set and Lava Vader, and the figure variants like the red and blue guards, but I found a Plo Koon variant at K-Mart in which his eyes are unpainted. Quite a cool variant in my opinion. Maybe the equivalency of the all blue T visor on Jango Fett from 3 years ago??? Hasbro, you never fail to amaze me.

BanthaPoodoo
04-04-2005, 01:29 PM
Being in MS, I guess I am the only one who collects this stuff...

Went to Wal-Mart at midnight, I was the only one there.... so, I got all of the ones from #1-24 (Collections I & II)

Then went home & waited til morn to go to TRU. Went there (actually Geoffrey in my town), there was ONE other guy there besides me... He said, I need 4 more for my set, they didnt have em over at WM when I went there today... I said huh, they had all of em at midnight....

We both got a holo Yoda.... and then I went to go to Books-A-Million to get my novel.

Saturday afternoon I went back to TRU with my fiancee, I start looking around & notice that they have #'s 24-32.... CRAP! I didn't see those last night at WM or earlier... So I am going back tonight or tomorrow to get em. Being that I don't have much collecor competition, I pretty much can wait forever I guess. (As others here at SSG can attest to as I got them endless amounts of the BoShek, R4-M9 wave a couple years back)

I also picked up 2 more Holo Yoda's.

My dad picked me up a Lava Vader as well as a Red Guard at Target in GA. He said there was a nice crowd over there. (He also said that there was a Lava Vader there that didnt have a background in it, and the others did have one. Apparently a mistake at the factory? Probably.)

Wish there were more collectors here, my final midnight madness was pretty unexciting.... :(

BanthaPoodoo
04-04-2005, 04:17 PM
One more thing I found on another forum:

..... I've seen people list card variants between the blue cards and purple cards. Also Obi-Wan Comes with 2 hair color one Red one Brown. Someone also mentioned that palpatine has 2 different Robe colors....

Don't know if there is any truth to this or not... just passing along info I think people would like! :)