PDA

View Full Version : So What's The Damage?

Slicker
04-02-2005, 08:39 AM
How much did you waste spend on ROTS toys. My total was $334.45, not a big haul compared to some of you other people but I got everything that I wanted plus some extras like the Micros and the Clone Wars 3-Packs.

If your embarassed about your total just divide it in half and we'll understand.;)

JetsAndHeels
04-02-2005, 08:50 AM
After adding up everything I bought, my total comes to about $200 even, give or take a few dollars. I did not buy every single basic fig, vehicle, etc...
All in all I am very happy with what I got. It could have been a much higher total, but I am not the completist I used to be and I have also learned to be a little more frugal with my money.

Kidhuman
04-02-2005, 09:51 AM
I got 142 on lay-a-way, 35 at Target, and 17 at WM on take home stuff. ABout 200 after tax.

kool-aid killer
04-02-2005, 12:48 PM
I spent around $170 so far, with seventy of those dollars being on the card. I didnt go all out and pick up everything i wanted since i figure that a lot of these guys will be sticking around so there is no need to go way overboard, though im pleasently broke right now. Its not a race, its a marathon!

El Chuxter
04-02-2005, 01:25 PM
I saved quite a bit and expected to spend a buttload, but (counting books), my total has passed $650. :eek: I have to be really, really nice to my wife for a long time. Not that I wouldn't anyway, but. . . . :)

I got the 40 basic figures (minus Polis, who, as I've mentioned elsewhere, is nonexistent; including both Royal Guards, an extra Clonetrooper, an extra Bodyguard, and two extra Clone Pilots), all the books except the illustrated kids books and the graphic novels, the Unleashed figures, Jedi Force Yoda, four Buddies (take a woman with you to get a Lava Vader for a friend and that's what happens :p), all the basic vehicles except the ARC-170 (going to use that to get Holo Yoda in a week) and the Gunship, the Boga/Obi-Wan set, Lava Vader, and the Force Battlers, who turned out to look surprisingly cool.

I'm kinda hoping in the back of my mind that I don't find the 12" Barriss and Shaak Ti for a while to give my wallet a chance to recuperate.

DarthQuack
04-02-2005, 01:26 PM
Around 250 I would say with the purchase of first 32, Lava Vader, Holo Yoda (online), and Early Bird also online.

JediTricks
04-02-2005, 02:53 PM
$125 but $30 of that was the Mattel Batman Begins Batmobile.

rbaumhauer
04-02-2005, 03:02 PM
$50 - 3PO and a Clone at Target (all I wanted from the first 32), and $37 for the "Art of" book at Borders.

Rick

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-02-2005, 03:45 PM
I'm with chux on this: i'm eyeing well in the $700.00 range. I guess i should start preparing my arms for the plasma i'll be donating come next week to pay these bills :crazed:

CooLJoE
04-02-2005, 03:58 PM
Yeah I hit somewhere around $600. Although I may end up returning a couple items. Not only because $600 was too much to spend, but also because some of them I decided I do not want (SW Chess - plastic chess pieces? blech, republic gunship - it'll be around awhile, grievous wheel bike - same as gunship). That will bring me down to around $500 or so, which is fine with me (gotta save cash for C3).

Tycho
04-02-2005, 05:01 PM
$963.64

I spent about exactly what I expected to.

JON9000
04-02-2005, 05:10 PM
I'll tell ya after everything goes on clearance! :D

jjreason
04-02-2005, 05:27 PM
Nearly $200, but it could have (and might still be) worse. I'm thinking of going back to find the ARC 170 I left there. I need to exchange an extra Tarfful, and it's going to be hard to pass up. :D

jimmymiro12
04-02-2005, 05:53 PM
Well I only spent a little over 60 plus the 60 my mom spent. The reason I didn'y buy much is because I am waiting until after my birthday and hopefully I'll get giftcardsa so I can purchase some stuff.

sith_killer_99
04-02-2005, 06:59 PM
I ended up spending about $400.00! :crazed:

rust
04-02-2005, 07:20 PM
$61 for 15 Figs. I got $65 off from gift cards, and my parents paid some.

trandoshan666
04-02-2005, 07:21 PM
About $240 and I got everything I wanted (of what was available).:greedy:

Ji'dai
04-02-2005, 07:46 PM
About $177. $60 of that was just in 2 Early Bird kits. I'll be returning a 12" Grievous next week though.

jjreason
04-02-2005, 07:53 PM
Nearly $200, but it could have (and might still be) worse. I'm thinking of going back to find the ARC 170 I left there. I need to exchange an extra Tarfful, and it's going to be hard to pass up. :D

Now up to just over $300. Found the ten other figures I was missing from 13-32 (other than the blue Ceremonial Guard - I don't think anyone found him in Canada today) at our WalMart - which I had checked this am and been skunked at. Good thing I went again on a hunch just before dinner - bingo.

TheDarthVader
04-02-2005, 07:53 PM
About $250. I got the unleashed obi wan, force battler vader, figures 1-24, 12" darth sidious, 12" ultimate villian anakin/vader, deluxe anakin/vader, deluxe palpatine/sidious, holographic yoda, and 2 lightsabers (anakin/vader and obi wan). That was what I bought. I still need figures 25-36, lava vader (which I was cheated out of see my thread), and unleashed anakin.

B.
TDV

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-02-2005, 07:54 PM
alright, after going over all my figures and taking off figures that i had bought for my buddy in the Navy, my new total is: $537.12 for 51 items of SW toys. and i got my buddy about $100 worth of toys as he's stuck on base without wheels. My bank account is probably weeping right now :p

Kidhuman
04-02-2005, 08:37 PM
$963.64

Seeing that total makes me happy I am 3,000 miles from you. :beard: :D

bobafrett
04-02-2005, 08:45 PM
$105.25 at Target

$411.06 at Wal-Mart after my 10% off employee discount.

I'm tired.

Tyco may have to take up another job or two to pay off that, by far the highest total yet!

mastermatt24
04-02-2005, 08:46 PM
$200ish. Almos whish I had passed on some of the figs but oh well.

Clonetrooper630
04-02-2005, 08:50 PM
I spent close to $210 I got several clonetroopers I'm a sucker for army builders and Mr potato head could not resist when i saw it fo $7.00 at WM not as bad as previous MM but if you ask mina wayyyyyyy to much than I should:p

Sith Lord 0498
04-02-2005, 09:17 PM
I'd say around $220. I have my list posted in another thread, so I won't repeat it here. Basically, it was an array of items (figures, 12", books, Unleashed, etc.)

Darth Jax
04-02-2005, 09:21 PM
$400 so far. but i'll be making the rounds again monday picking up things i would like mulitples of and books. if i can find what i want/need should end up right around $800.

DarthQuack
04-02-2005, 09:21 PM
$963.64

Holy balls. Could you treat us with the list of everything?

Dark Annie
04-02-2005, 10:49 PM
I hit around $184 with tax. I shopped at on walmart twice, another walmart once, and a target once. I purchased 29 out of the 41 different basic figures, and two deluxe figures. I plan on gettin the rest of the basic figures as a find them all over again.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-02-2005, 11:27 PM
$411.06 at Wal-Mart after my 10% off employee discount.

Yeah, dude, Thank the Maker for that 10% discount. My total before the discount was about $435, but after the discount it was about $390. Bless Sam Walton and his employee discount card idea! :crazed:

Reefer Shark
04-02-2005, 11:45 PM
I spent $385.42 at retail, and $38.09 on the early bird kit at Wal-Mart.com - bringing my total to $423.51.

Much more than I was planning on spending, that's for sure. lol I was hoping to get with spending about $200 - $300!

WesleySr
04-02-2005, 11:53 PM
Started out @ WM and spent $232. I picked up Basic 1-32 (minus Padme & no Red Royal Guard), 3 Deluxe, & the Boga & BARC. I also picked up a couple of bags of the Dark Chocolate M&M's with Star Wars on them.

Next, I went to TRU and picked up Padme. I also picked up all of the vehicles that WM didn't get. AT-RT, Droid Tri-Fighter, Grievous Wheel Bike, Obi-Wan Kenobi's Jedi Starfighter, & the ARC-170 Fighter. I also picked up the Trivial Pursuit DVD Tin. Spent $170.

I went home and realized that I missed the Deluxe Emperor Palpatine, so I went to another WM and picked it up. Spent $10.

Later I went to Target. I picked up a Lava Vader and another set of figures 1-24 (but somehow overlooked the Super Battle Droid). I used my $1 coupon and I hope that I can take the receipt back tomorrow when they go on sale and get my $0.99 back per figure. If so, I will return the duplicates of the figures I got @ Target back to WM. I spent $134.

Last but not least, I spent $38 @ WM.com for the Early Bird kit.

Grand Total $584. Not bad considering I get to take back 23 figures, if I dont keep any of the army builders. The only figure that I saw that I didn't manage to get was the Red Royal Guard.

Tycho
04-02-2005, 11:54 PM
Tyco may have to take up another job or two to pay off that, by far the highest total yet!

I make enough. I paid cash (ATM debit) for all my purchases. I'd been saving and preparing since last summer, expecting to pay between $1500 and $2000 for the whole year in total (most of it at the toys' premier last night).

Holy balls. Could you treat us with the list of everything?

3 ARC 170 Fighters
1 Droid Tri-Fighter

1 Boga w. Obi-Wan Kenobi
2 BARC Speeders with Clone Pilots

1 Unleashed Anakin
1 Unleashed Obi-Wan
1 Unleashed Grievous

1 12" Grievous
4 12" Darth Sidious/Palpatines
2 12" Ultimate Anakin/Vader villains

1 JediForce Master Yoda

BASIC FIGURES

4 Obi-Wan Kenobi #1
10 Anakin # 2
6 Yoda # 3
12 Clone Troopers
10 Grievous' Body Guards
1 General Grievous
1 Mace Windu
2 Emperor Palpatine
2 Chancellor Palpatine (black robe/prisoner)
7 Bail Organa
4 Padme
1 Agen Kolar
1 Shaak-Ti
4 Kit Fisto
2 Red Royal Guard
10 Blue Senate Guards
4 Mon Mothma
5 Obi-Wan #27
5 Anakin # 28
3 SaeSee Tiin
2 Luminara Undulli
2 Aayla Secura
2 Clone Commander
2 Clone Pilot
2 Chancellor Palpatine (red, lightsaber attack)

I think that's it. There were several items we didn't get shipped enough of, plus stuff that didn't come out. I've kept forgetting to go get Darth Tater!

EDIT: I forgot - 1 Target Exclusive Lava Darth Vader.

Fluke Skywalker
04-03-2005, 04:21 AM
^ Like MC Hammer said, I can't touch that.

As of tonight, I've dropped $175-180. I pulled back and decided to wait for things like the Boga and Obi-Wan's Starfighter to go on clearance (If they do). I want a lot of the figures that haven't come out yet, #32-56 (Or at least around here) plus I plan on multiples of the Clones (Who doesn't, hope they're all as abundant as the #6 was around here). I'll spend another $150-175 before it's over.

Turbowars
04-03-2005, 12:58 PM
I spent about 250. Case of Unleashed, 25 figures, and ARC-170 I returned a case of Basic figures today so that's why it was low.

necor
04-03-2005, 01:09 PM
spent about 460$ at Walmart MM, 140$ at target saturday morning and another 40$ at walmart today, also got WM pricematch target and got couple bucks back from 460$ i paid at MM

JON9000
04-03-2005, 01:33 PM
10 Anakin # 2
What in heaven's name would you do with 10 Anakin #2? Create your own attack of the anakin clones?

Turbowars
04-03-2005, 01:40 PM
Put them in a wood box and call it a diorama. I mean come on.:rolleyes:

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
04-03-2005, 01:42 PM
Just under $100. I only went out for the exclusives and certain characters I wanted. My dad bought about $35 worth of Dark Chocolate M&Ms.

CooLJoE
04-03-2005, 01:47 PM
Well, I added up all my receipts and I hit about $700. Although I'm returning a couple items (unless someone on here needs them, just send me a PM).

SW Chess, Republic Gunship, and Grievous Wheel Bike are going back to the store. I'd rather have the ARC-170 over the Republic Gunship, but I've decided to hold off on both due to having C3 coming it about 3 weeks (gotta save cash for that trip).

Ric Olie
04-03-2005, 02:00 PM
$20.00 on four figures out of a $35.00 budget. The stores in my area didn't have any of the books.

Bobby Fett
04-03-2005, 09:16 PM
At the first Wally World my wife and I were heading to the check-out and I asked how much she thought I'd spent. She said $257.98. I told her I wanted a serious answer. She said she WAS serious. It totaled $259.08. She missed by $1.10. Is that freaky or what?

JediTricks
04-03-2005, 10:26 PM
After I made my TRU midnight madness purchases post in this thread, I hit a couple Target stores and picked up a few more items:

Clone Trooper $4.99
Darth Vader $4.99
Force Battlers Grievous $8.99
Micro Vehicles Falcon & B-wing $5.99
LEGO Droid Tri-Fighter $13.99
LEGO Clone Scout Walker (aka AT-RT) $8.99
Grievous' Wheel Bike $18.99

For a post-tax total of $72 and change. Thank goodness for Target cashiers who applied the $1 coupon to everything (well, technically each item had a Star Wars action figure in it... from a certain point of view ;)).

Add that to my $90-whatever I spent on SW that morning and I spent a rough total of $165 on 4/2, $9 of that wasted on the horrible Force Battlers Grievous. :p

Tycho
04-04-2005, 10:46 AM
What in heaven's name would you do with 10 Anakin #2? Create your own attack of the anakin clones?

Cute.

I'm doing like 10 scenes with Anakin, including extras I'm saving to pose with yet unproduced Padmes in hopes they will producde her other figures eventually.

I'd list the scenes (from the novel & comic book that I've read) but this is not the spoiler forum.

OC47150
04-04-2005, 11:43 AM
Somewhere between $100 $125. My impulse purchases were the WM carrying case and a 12" Grevious. I waivered on the EBK and finally broke down and got that.

I figured most of the figures will be available all summer and I can pick them one or two a week. Won't break me that way.

Hellboy
04-04-2005, 04:55 PM
I totaled out at $621.47. I actually spent a little less than I expected if you can believe that. Which is good since I still plan on buying more Clones when I find them. This is what I ended up with after pulling an all-nighter:

- 98 Figures
- 3 Mini Vehicles
- 2 Large Vehicles
- 2 12" Figures
- 1 Unleashed
- 1 Lava Vader
- 1 Target cup w/Clone

Tycho
04-04-2005, 05:09 PM
Hellboy, your purchase mirrors mine pretty well.

What 3 mini-vehicles did you get? I bought 3 (Boga and 2 BARCs, but could not find the AT-RT - and still don't have it).

1 Unleashed? Grievous? I'd guess you'd buy the Jedi together. They are sweet when set up! And worth it, in case you turned them down before.

2 12"? Did you turn down the Clone? I did. I have 2 extra KayBee (Comdr and Capt) and might sell them or just use them for 12" scenes with Barris or Shaak-Ti. The new one looks cool though. But I bought extra Darth Sidious (4 - though I probably will return 1). He is sweet by the way:

1) Display with Cloak over face showing just his mouth as in The Phantom Menace (great to display with TC-14 and Maul, hopefully 1 day a Nute Gunray 12")

2) Reveal his face for the next one (hood down) and have him fight your Mace Windu 12" - I saved an extra from TPM (the nicer one than AOTC's TRU exclusive).

3) Have his face revealed but the hood up and pose him fighting Yoda with the lightning AOTC Yoda came with. Looks very cool.

4) Return anything over 3 - you don't need them. I thought there might've been a Chancellor Palpatine head in there but didn't have time to look during MM.

The Target cup with Clone is a good find. I think I never noticed those until today. Only Obi-Wan was sitting. I don't collect cups anyway, but they are fun to look at.

JON9000
04-04-2005, 05:28 PM
I'm doing like 10 scenes with Anakin, including extras I'm saving to pose with yet unproduced Padmes in hopes they will producde her other figures eventually.
I don't really do that sort of thing, b/c it always seems like they come out with a better version eventually, or include a figure with a pack-in item I just have to have (this is why I have three opened versions of Greedo). :crazed:

Hellboy
04-04-2005, 05:46 PM
Hellboy, your purchase mirrors mine pretty well.

What 3 mini-vehicles did you get? I bought 3 (Boga and 2 BARCs, but could not find the AT-RT - and still don't have it).

1 AT-RT, 1 BARC and 1 Boga. I actually had 2 AT-RT's in my cart but in the chaos of trying to get as many high numbered Clones as possible I think I put it back or someone snagged it out of my cart. It wouldn't have been the first time something like that happened to me. It wasn't until we left the store that I realized I only had one. No big deal though, I'll definitely be buying at least one more AT-RT later.

1 Unleashed? Grievous? I'd guess you'd buy the Jedi together. They are sweet when set up! And worth it, in case you turned them down before.

Yep I bought Grievous. I might pick up Anakin and Obi-Wan later but they didn't strike me as must have items at the time.

2 12"? Did you turn down the Clone?

No I bought the Clone and General Grievous. Though I'm not to happy with the Clone as he doesn't hold his gun well at all. Surprise surprise. :rolleyes:

Jaina Solo
04-04-2005, 06:22 PM
Wow. 98 figures??? I have maybe 20, but there's a lot of stuff I wanted to buy that I just couldn't find. Still don't think I'd come anywhere near your totals, though.

Tycho
04-04-2005, 08:40 PM
I don't really do that sort of thing, b/c it always seems like they come out with a better version eventually, or include a figure with a pack-in item I just have to have (this is why I have three opened versions of Greedo). :crazed:

That's true, but I just like to get it over with.

In the AOTC assortments, I left off purchases of Anakin (and Obi-Wan) for scenes like standing before the Jedi Council since they didn't make the figures with straight down Jedi robes (like the new Dark Side Anakin has). The Secret Ceremony was really nice, but he had a permanent droid hand and a very "wind-blown" cloak on him.

With ROTS, most of the time a person would use the "Dark Side" Anakin (#28), he will be in the Duel or raging in action and not be wearing the cool cloak they included him with.

I can use the cloak I won't need on #28 and put it on Anakin #2 who is not "enraged" and with his decent articulation, can be posed neutral, such as when standing before the Jedi Council, or when posed "meeting" with some new Padme figure they'll come out with later (we can hope).

Unfortunately, I only needed like 7 of the #28 figure and I won't have extra robes to put on AOTC Secret Ceremony Anakins - but I didn't buy that many anyway - plus that cloak won't cover his Droid Hand which he shouldn't have for almost any AOTC scenes. I've always hoped that they'll do another (non-angry) AOTC Anakin figure with normal robes (hanging on him like Vader's cape does).

I forgot what the "evolution sets" will include (due out later this year - summer I think). I heard it was all E3 - a lightside Anakin (long hair), a Dark Side Anakin, and a Darth Vader, if I recall correctly. If the Lightside Anakin could be from Ep. 2 and include a normal cloak, I'd be very happy).

I think the E3 Anakin figures have been done total justice (except I'd like a better, perhaps SA / softgoods pilot to fit in his fighter), but for the most part, they are done with Anakin. You can make what you need between the 2 figures on shelves now.

Obi-Wan is another story, but the Pilot figure of him will have his Jedi robes and looks to cover that well. Perhaps I won't need the cloak (if it's hard material) for the actual figure I'll use in his fighter, and I can put it on an E2 Obi-Wan figure (if they aren't too short). I think the only regular height Obi-Wan from AOTC was the pilot with headset permanently molded to his head.

Again, new E2 Obi-Wans and Anakins would be welcome AS SINGLE CARDED FIGURES on my wish list, and I'd probably buy 5 or 6 of each of them.

Kidhuman
04-04-2005, 08:58 PM
I forgot what the "evolution sets" will include (due out later this year - summer I think). I heard it was all E3 - a lightside Anakin (long hair), a Dark Side Anakin, and a Darth Vader, if I recall correctly. If the Lightside Anakin could be from Ep. 2 and include a normal cloak, I'd be very happy).

Check here Tycho...

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=27220&highlight=evolution

Slicker
04-05-2005, 02:37 AM
I'm revising my total as I just found another WM receipt in my pants pocket for $63. So this brings my MM and following day total up to just over $400.

BigBuck71
04-05-2005, 02:55 AM
Well let's see. I got the Ep.3 storybook, scrapbook, two posters, and the Early Bird Kit at Wal-Mart so that was about $50.00 total there. Then, I got the Lava Vader, $12.99 and the Obi-Wan figure/glass combo, $9.99 at Target. So, that's about $21.00 there. Then, the General Grevious 12" at Toys 'R Us, $20.00. Then, I put the Ultimate Villain Anakin/Vader set ($48.00) and the three ROTS Unleashed (about $45.00) on layaway at Wal-Mart. So, all including the layaway stuff is about $180.00 roughly. The only two small ROTS I have so far is the Target Lava Vader and a regular ROTS Clone Trooper I ended up getting free at Toys 'R Us on Sunday. I'll get more small ROTS figures later. No big rush there.

JediTricks
04-05-2005, 03:30 AM
There's a site poll on this very issue right now: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=27454