PDA

View Full Version : Target hooked me up

Kidhuman
04-02-2005, 09:54 AM
I didnt get any card from Target for the one dollar off. ALl the cashiers in my store just scanned it for all figures with out the card. Sweet hook up there. Did they do it for anyone else?

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
04-02-2005, 10:04 AM
I didn't have the card either, so when the cashier took a dollar off my basic figures, I was pretty happy. My dad got lucky though. The cashier he went to even took a dollar off his Lava Vader.

Kidhuman
04-02-2005, 10:21 AM
I got a dollar off Lava Vader too!!

bpr2
04-02-2005, 10:32 AM
Got me a Lava Vader too. Thanks to my wife who got up early. I was at work.:p

Rebo's_Guitarist
04-02-2005, 10:59 AM
same here, i hear they are going to be like 4 something on sale tomorrow?

Joshkj
04-02-2005, 11:01 AM
I didnt get a lava vader or any figures at all Bohoo.

stillakid
04-02-2005, 12:59 PM
When we geeks showed up at the registers with our toys and pulled out the cards, it took a committee meeting and lots of discussion amongst the employees to figure out what to do. I swear, it's like "corporate" doesn't ever communicate with the people on the ground. Either that, or the dumbsh*** working retail don't bother to figure this stuff out beforehand.

Major Karr
04-02-2005, 08:42 PM
This time it wasn't corporate, you can blame the management at the store. There was a 8+ page instruction booklet on ROTS, as well as clear instructions on how to process the coupon.

Slicker
04-02-2005, 08:45 PM
Yeah, I'll put the blame for that one on the employees. I saw the lady that was orchestrating things carrying the instructions around and she kinda read off some of the basic rules. My Target was well organized thankfully.

stillakid
04-02-2005, 09:11 PM
This time it wasn't corporate, you can blame the management at the store. There was a 8+ page instruction booklet on ROTS, as well as clear instructions on how to process the coupon.

What in the crap could take 8 pages to explain regarding how to put toys out and apply the discount? Eight WHOLE pages? :confused: Seriously, it's amazing that civilization manages to hold itself together on the easy days. :rolleyes:

Sith Lord 0498
04-02-2005, 09:22 PM
What in the crap could take 8 pages to explain regarding how to put toys out and apply the discount? Eight WHOLE pages? :confused: Seriously, it's amazing that civilization manages to hold itself together on the easy days. :rolleyes:

The entire pamphlet was eight pages--not the discount instructions. These are the scans that appeared on Rebelscum. They discussed the floor plans, the exclusives, the discount, the item categories...a lot of different stuff.

stillakid
04-02-2005, 11:06 PM
The entire pamphlet was eight pages--not the discount instructions. These are the scans that appeared on Rebelscum. They discussed the floor plans, the exclusives, the discount, the item categories...a lot of different stuff.

Yeah, I understood that. But one page for floor plans, one for the discount, one for the exclusives, a page for a list of stuff...that's 4.

Jaina Solo
04-03-2005, 11:18 AM
Probably another page for instructions on what to do if the collectors riot. Not sure what the other pages could have been, though.

I got lucky- my Target cashier took a dollar off ever SW thing I bought, including Lava Vader and the micro vehicles.

JON9000
04-03-2005, 11:28 AM
When we geeks showed up at the registers with our toys and pulled out the cards, it took a committee meeting and lots of discussion amongst the employees to figure out what to do. I swear, it's like "corporate" doesn't ever communicate with the people on the ground. Either that, or the dumbsh*** working retail don't bother to figure this stuff out beforehand.
Having done a stint in retail in college, I can tell you that it isn't always populated by the brightest and most dedicated people. I will bet that "the people on the ground" were more concerned about getting home before breakfast than making sure people they consider to be weirdos got a toy figure! :frus:

Target would have done well to have it so only one vader would ring up per transaction rather than relying on some goofy coupon.

Jaina Solo
04-03-2005, 11:32 AM
Hey, that goofy cupon saved some of us a lot of money. :)

JediTricks
04-03-2005, 10:08 PM
I picked up a basic figure, a Force Battlers fig, a Micro Vehicles 2pack, and 2 smaller Lego sets at 1 Target yesterday, showed the guy the coupon and he had to go get the sheet from the manager's office, he came back and talked himself into applying the coupon to all 5 items since the UPC sheet had no instructions, then tried to backpeddle so I pointed out that all 5 items actually had Star Wars figures in them, and he bought it. :D I even got the coupon back and used it to buy another basic figure and a Grievous Wheel Bike at another Target, this time the checker had the sheet and applied it to both after giving the Bike box a few seconds' thought. I was happy. :greedy:

Mad Slanted Powers
04-03-2005, 10:48 PM
We were only allowed three figures, though that didn't appear to include the Lava Vader. I came back later and bought three more, but without the coupon, I paid regular price. When I got home and looked at my receipts, I noticed they only took a dollar off of the total, not each figure. I'll have to go back in tomorrow and get my money back, and see if they'll apply it to my second trip as well. Also, the ad today said they were now selling them for $5 so maybe they'll just honor that price, which is a penny more than what the coupon would have made them.

Jaina Solo
04-04-2005, 05:15 PM
They only allowed you to buy three figures? That's insane. We got a limit of one Lava Vader and 2 of everything else.

moulman
04-04-2005, 06:41 PM
Cashier did this for me too. Said he had been there since 2 stocking the shelves and he really didnt care if I had the card or not :D

Scackmgack
04-04-2005, 06:46 PM
I got a dollar off 42 figures, but not a single figure over #32.

tagmac
04-04-2005, 09:37 PM
They had the same 3-figure policy here in Jersey, too. Thankfully, it didn't affect me, as I'd gotten all but the Red Guard at MM, and they had nothing above #24 at Target. I nabbed the only Red Guard seen as they were opening the cases (they were so clueless, the pegs were empty when the store opened, save for the Lava Vaders!!!), a Lava Vader, one of only 3 available Arc-170's, and the deluxe Greivous, which TRU had not had the night before. I had the card, but they took off $4 anyway - 1 for each item. Couldn't complain about that.

....on a side note, after seeing the paint job on the deluxe Greivous, I think I just might return the regular version to TRU.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-04-2005, 10:57 PM
As I mentioned, they only took a dollar off the total and not each figure, so I went to get my money back today. The girl at the courtesy desk said it wasn't a dollar off each figure, just for one figure. She went and checked with someone and came back with the same answer. However, since the price was marked down to $5, I was able to get 99 cents back on each for the price adjustment.

Ji'dai
04-04-2005, 11:02 PM
The coupon says "$1 Off every Star Wars action figure purchased." I would think the $1 Off coupon would apply to each figure you bought, not just one.

betterthanfett
04-04-2005, 11:14 PM
I got a buck off ANYTHING :D that said Star Wars from Target, and then took the cupon to Wal-Mart (who price matches)lol and got a dollar off all SW stuff there also. I mean, I got a dollar off games, posters, even air fresheners!!!! SWEET! Oh, and I signed up for a Target card and got ANOTHER 10% off my total price. I got a deal....and still spent >500 bucks!

BigBuck71
04-04-2005, 11:40 PM
Where did you guys get the coupon for $1.00 off? I paid $1.50 for a Sunday newspaper, and there was NO ad for Toys 'R us, or Target. I was at Target at about 8:30am on Saturday for the Lava Vader, and luckily they had three left on the pegs. I got one, and the Obi-Wan figure/glass exclusive too. I didn't get SQUAT off either one. My store was basically "clueless" about the coupons. That sucks. :(

Mad Slanted Powers
04-05-2005, 12:11 AM
This coupon came in the mail. There is another thread about it down the list a bit.

Clonetrooper1131
04-05-2005, 01:00 AM
I wonder if Target's sale this week is to make up for all the people who didn't get the $1 coupon..

I took my reciepts tonight and got them all price adjusted. It was a little over a dollar, but what the heck. I alslo found the Exploding General Grievous there too..

tgr3328
04-05-2005, 08:21 AM
I also got a dollar off some sneak preview Wookie Warriors that were clearanced at $1.74, so I got some army builders for 74 cents each!

mm74md
04-05-2005, 08:50 AM
I wonder if Target's sale this week is to make up for all the people who didn't get the $1 coupon..

I took my reciepts tonight and got them all price adjusted. It was a little over a dollar, but what the heck. I alslo found the Exploding General Grievous there too..

I'm hoping that the sales at Target & Kmart will clear out the initial overstock of figs this week.

I can't believe Clone Troopers are pegwarming! I love these Clones!

Mad Slanted Powers
04-05-2005, 07:05 PM
No clones peg warming here. I saw a few on Saturday and got one. Made the rounds yesterday and only found one and I got that one to open.

Jaina Solo
04-06-2005, 06:00 PM
No clones warming the pegs here, either- I found one the other day who looked like he'd fallen off a peg. :)