PDA

View Full Version : ROTS Blue / Purple cardbacks (merged)

jerkytoys
04-02-2005, 11:35 AM
the color of Vader's head at the top of the cardback front is either a purple color or a blue color. that means there is a variant of every figure!

Kidhuman
04-02-2005, 11:36 AM
Yeah, I noticed it. Smeone posted it on another site.I aint going crazy for themall though. 1 is enough(unless its an army builder)

JetsAndHeels
04-02-2005, 11:40 AM
Credit LTBasker with that. He mentioned it on here early this morning.

WesleySr
04-02-2005, 11:53 AM
Hey, I will have to double check, but I am pretty sure that the color is different for the collection # the figure is.

WesleySr
04-02-2005, 11:57 AM
Collection 1 card tops are blue.
Collection 2 card tops are purple.

ronhudy
04-02-2005, 11:58 AM
Collection 1 card tops are blue.
Collection 2 card tops are purple.

I noticed that also...

Kidhuman
04-02-2005, 12:08 PM
I saw a pic of the same figure on RS that had the variation

stad
04-02-2005, 01:16 PM
I saw a pic of the same figure on RS that had the variation

I have two Kit Fisto's here, one of each card. I've seen it on other figures as well, in person.

WesleySr
04-02-2005, 01:18 PM
I am so glad that I am no longer a variation hunter. : )

ronhudy
04-02-2005, 01:19 PM
Huh...

Guees I didn't pay THAT close attention. Well, doesn't do much for me - me and my son aren't quite that hardcore anymore...:)

Here here!

kool-aid killer
04-02-2005, 01:39 PM
I noticed the variation but really didnt think nothing of it, i figured it had to do with whatever collection wave the figure came in. No biggie here, im not into varients so im cool.

potf2x
04-02-2005, 04:20 PM

AMEN Brotha....I've been saved too.

Good thing otherwise i'd be deeper in the RED today.:

Slicker
04-02-2005, 09:08 PM
I noticed this at WM tonight. It just caught my eye on when I was looking at 2 Gen. G. A stupid variation but nonetheless I'm sure someone, somewhere is collecting them.

hango fett
04-02-2005, 09:26 PM
for once, it's not us that is collecting the variants unless the figure itself changes (like the red/blue senate gaurd)
HF

Bobby Fett
04-03-2005, 12:15 AM
I noticed this at WM tonight. It just caught my eye on when I was looking at 2 Gen. G. A stupid variation but nonetheless I'm sure someone, somewhere is collecting them.

That would be me.

LTBasker
04-03-2005, 04:10 AM
I'm kinda collecting them at the moment though, mainly because I'm trying to get to the bottom of it and find out exactly which color is the dominant one so if I ever get to hang the ROTS figs, it won't look inconsistent.

Seems purple was the first to be used as my Sneak Preview figures have the purple coloring, unless someone has some blue versions of the SP figs that could mean the purple could be phased out. However looking through ebay, the purple and blue are consistent up through Saesee Tiin at least. I haven't gone through every figure yet to see if they all have it, but maybe tomorrow I'll give it a try. Some may even be hard to discover seeing as how #33-40 didn't really show up in large amounts.

sith_killer_99
04-03-2005, 11:07 AM
I'm kinda collecting them at the moment though, mainly because I'm trying to get to the bottom of it and find out exactly which color is the dominant one so if I ever get to hang the ROTS figs, it won't look inconsistent.

Yeah, this is a bit frustrating. Hasbro seems to be trying to kill the whole carded collection idea. First they give us a new card design that won't fit in the Star Case, then they give us weak hangars that bend easily. Then the whole mess with using tape to seal the sides of the bubbles on the card. Now different ink colors to make these inconsistant. I may never display these on the wall like the rest of my collections.

To me it looks like they just screwed up the ink color half way through production and ended us with "faded" cards. Seriously, I could get this same look from my POTF2 line, all I have to do it put half of them in the sun for a few weeks. :rolleyes:

Hellboy
04-06-2005, 05:33 AM
To me it looks like they just screwed up the ink color half way through production and ended us with "faded" cards. Seriously, I could get this same look from my POTF2 line, all I have to do it put half of them in the sun for a few weeks. :rolleyes:

That was exactly the thought I had when I noticed the difference. When these things were pressed the ink probably faded or ran low at some point during some of the print runs. Hardly what I'd consider a noteworthy variant. :stupid:

bobafrett
04-06-2005, 08:02 AM
Being as I worked in a printing place at one time in my life, I thought they had just done a poor quality control job when they printed the cards in the first place. I'm not going to hunt down and try to find the card variants. I tried that when the Episode II figs came out (remember some of them had the card scene printed on a seperate piece that curved around behind the figure, then the same figure didn't).

inkedforlife
04-06-2005, 04:01 PM
Is anyone seeing many figures on both Blue cards and Purple cards? I have a Grevious, Tarfull and Seperatist Droid on both colors. All others I have seen so far were on one color or the other. Just wondering if this is another Hasbro gimick to seel thousand more figures on top of what we already snap up.

Slicker
04-06-2005, 05:15 PM
I've seen nearly every figure on both cards. As I don't collect stupid "variants" like this I'm only trying to get all of them on the same colored card.

AmanaMatt
04-06-2005, 05:38 PM
Ok, I just noticed this today....it is very noticeable, and the purple cards have the earlier stamp dates.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-06-2005, 05:49 PM
I read (either on RS or GH) that Hasbro didn't intend to put figures out on both cards, but it was merely an instance of there being less red ink for a while or something like that. I don't care about which version I get (I'm an opener anyway), as long as I get one of every figure!

decadentdave
04-23-2005, 03:31 AM
it was merely an instance of there being less red ink for a while or something like that.

Bull****!!!!!!! Less red ink my arse. Hasbro DELIBERATELY planned two card tones to get variation collectors to purchase at least two of every figure.

BTW, anybody found Aayla Secura and Luminara on purple cards? (Collecting both. Sucker, I know...) :crazed:

DarthDiablo22
04-23-2005, 11:11 PM
There are also different shades of blue if you look closely at the cards. Some cards are darker than others. Some are a brighter blue. I would go along with the ink machine spraying out different quantities of color on them...sounds reasonable to me. I wouldn't sweat over getting all the purple carded or blue... but hey..whatever floats your boat:).

decadentdave
04-24-2005, 01:15 AM
I wouldn't sweat over getting all the purple carded or blue... but hey..whatever floats your boat:).

I've got both colors for each figure except the last 2. I'm a completist so I must find purple card Aayla and Luminara. As for the two tones of blue... I have to draw the line somewhere! :stupid:

ronhudy
04-28-2005, 07:45 PM
I think I'm gonna start collecting the variations of different tape applications to the back of the cards (i.e. straight, crooked, flat, wrinkly, etc...)

:rolleyes:
NOT!!!

decadentdave
04-29-2005, 03:20 AM
Gotta get the super-rare Palpatine with card corner crease variant. I know it's out there somewhere! lol

Bobby Fett
04-29-2005, 10:14 AM
Gotta get the super-rare Palpatine with card corner crease variant. I know it's out there somewhere! lol

You're in luck! I have an extra one that you can have for $100.00. Try to beat that deal on eBay! :D :D