PDA

View Full Version : The action features are....dare I say.....fun!

General_Grievous
04-02-2005, 11:42 AM
I mean, just now I've opened all of them, and I feel like a little kid again! I've been squeezing Mace Windu's legs, making him slash his lightsaber and saying stuff like "This party's over" and "You're under arrest, Chancellor". And I've been making Obi Wan and Anakin duel like crazy.

The action features for this line beat the hell out of the lame Saga action features. Don't you guys agree?

Joshkj
04-02-2005, 12:06 PM
II havent goten any figures yet, now I even am more depresed :(

ronhudy
04-02-2005, 12:14 PM
I've been squeezing Mace Windu's legs, making him slash his lightsaber and saying stuff like "This party's over" and "You're under arrest, Chancellor".

Made me chuckle - and now I have to go BACK to the store because you made me want a Mace, which I passed on earlier! :D

General_Grievous
04-02-2005, 12:27 PM
How can you pass on Samuel L. Jackson????!!!:eek: :eek: :p :p :D

I actually like that figure a lot. It's way better than any Saga Mace, and it's second only to the Ep1 Sneak Preview Mace.

rust
04-02-2005, 12:45 PM
LOL, my clones have been 'Power Saluting' me all day. I love Quick Draw Action.

beckmen
04-02-2005, 01:30 PM
I stayed away from the Mace fig because of his super-deformo shoulders. I'd love another Mace fig, Sammy is the man, but the ROTS Mace is too un-Godly to spend money on. Hopefully Hasbro will get it right next time...

Lman316
04-02-2005, 02:35 PM
I've got to disagree. I think the action features are junk and they hinder the figure like always.
I'm having more fun playing around with those that have no action features... Luminara, Saesee Tiin, Yoda (#3, not #26 - I didn't even buy that one), Count Dooku, Chancellor Palpatine. There's almost nothing to get in the way with those and I can play how I want :D

End...

JediTricks
04-02-2005, 02:51 PM
I opened 2 figures last night and the action features were a mixed-bag ranging from fun to annoying, but ultimately both ends of the issue turned me off to opening more figures right away.

Anakin 1's lightsaber slashing gimmick means his right shoulder and elbow are loose, and both arms are sculpted with HIDEOUS joints, also from below the figure looks like he's wearing a full diaper. The gimmick is kinda fun but it sacrifices a lot to do it.

Grievous' Bodyguard is not as detail-sculpted as he first looked, and his gimmick doesn't work at first because the alignment of the arms has to be perfect. His gimmick doesn't ugly up the figure at all though, but his forearms are loose-rotation for it and he has no knees. Once I got the gimmick to work so both arms moved as reciprocation, it was kinda fun but it too sacrifices pose quality for a gimmick I was tired of after a minute.