PDA

View Full Version : Orange Card vs. Green Card

rickyborba
01-06-2002, 07:43 PM
Other than the color, whats the difference between the two packaging types? Was one type rarer than the other? Is there any significance??

Jayspawn
01-06-2002, 09:36 PM
The red cards are a little more uncomon than the green cards. The red cards came first. Some of the figures that originaly came out on red cards also came out on the green cards later like Chewbacca, Yoda, Han Solo, R2-D2 and a few others. The red cards also had the Luke, Vader and Ben figures with the long lightsabers.

Obi-Don
01-07-2002, 07:13 PM
I guess I never was that hardcore of a collector. It never matter to me about the color of the card.I just picked the figure I wanted and didn't pay any attenion to the color. I guess I have made some mistakes on this,but I always opened them anyway.

ACPin
01-08-2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by rickyborba
Other than the color, whats the difference between the two packaging types? Was one type rarer than the other? Is there any significance??
The first series of the POTF2 line in 1995 were the red/orange cards which switched to the green cards at about the same time when the SE Trilogy was released in 1997.

If you're into variants, these are the figures were caught in the transition from red/orange to green cards.
Luke Stormtrooper
Death Star Gunner
Greedo
Sandtrooper
R5-D4
Hammerhead

The red/orange carded version issued for these figures were far less than the green carded versions. Eventually most of the red/orange carded figures were issued also on green cards. The red/carded figures that were never issued on green cards are Luke Skywalker Tatooine and Luke Dagobah. Lando Calrissian was issued on the green card in the wholesale exclusive three-pack and is much more scarce. Another green carded figure which should be noted was the Luke Jedi Theater Edition given away during the SE trilogy showing. Other variants that showed up on the red/orange cards were the hologram versions of Obi-wan, Yoda and Stormtrooper. Though there are other red/orange carded figures rumored to have been issued with the hologram sticker, these are easily faked because the hologram sticker from the green carded version can be removed.

SithDroid
01-10-2002, 02:34 AM
I'd say that the red/orange cards are far more scarce seeing as they were replaced by the green cards. However many variants came along with the new green packaging including ones with a hologram sticker and ones without a hologram sticker. The collection numbers began to get mixed up and we see a switch from the same figure being moved from a collection 2 to a collection 3 and so on. Also the introduction of the Freeze Frames added a new variant as well. The green cards became a hassle for me, so instead of deciding to try and get one of with the hologram, or one without the hologram, or the one with the Freeze Frame, I decided just to get one of each figure the original way it came out. Some Freeze Frames never saw a hologram release so that was the only way I could get them. And if I already had a Boba Fett Orange card then I wouldn't buy it with the green card with or without hologram or the Freeze Frame. I hope this was a little bit insightful.