PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Fig

PloKoon2385
04-02-2005, 05:28 PM
Thus far, from what I have got, I very much think that the Count Dooku figure is the best. The likeness is great, as is the articulation. I was a little disappointed in some of the figs (Greivous' bodyguard, Tarrful) who were a little static in terms of articulation. Most notably their legs. The Darth Vader was also very cool. I like the feature of Agen Kolar, who can convert from robed to tunic very easily. The C-3PO is also very cool! Who'da thunk it?

LTBasker
04-02-2005, 05:30 PM
The Wookiee soldier, the only thing it really needs is to be able to move it's head. If it could do that, it could easily look like it's sighting down the barrel of it's rifle since the arms can actually hold it perfectly level with it's eyes! Plus theres the whole bulk of it. Love it so much, I put 4 pegwarming ones in layaway today with some other army builders. :)

Tycho
04-02-2005, 05:57 PM
Basker, did you get the 2nd Wookiee Warrior already? How? Or are you talking about the Sneak Preview one?

My vote goes to the Republic Clone Commander! I haven't opened him yet, but he looks sweet. Dooku is a nice figure though. I also like Dark Side Anakin and Spin-Kick Obi-Wan - oh man, there's so much QUALITY this time!

Darth Sidious
04-02-2005, 06:19 PM
I actually have four that I absolutely love.
Anakin with long robes: Simply because it is evil Anakin at his worst before he becomes Darth Vader. The last we see of him.
Emperor Palpatine: A decent Palpatine...finally.
Count Dooku: Good likeness, and amazing articulation. I love the soft goods too. Truly the Dooku we have all been waiting for.
General Grievous (Not Sneak Preview): Just look at him. Awesome. Enough said.

Though all of these are cool, none of them can compare to the ARC-170! Buy it. Now. You will not regret it in the least.

LTBasker
04-02-2005, 06:36 PM
Basker, did you get the 2nd Wookiee Warrior already? How? Or are you talking about the Sneak Preview one?

Oh I have my ways... :beard: Seriously, I'm talking about the Sneak Preview one. I think the next Wookiee Warrior comes with some huge doobie-cannon...thing.

My vote goes to the Republic Clone Commander! I haven't opened him yet, but he looks sweet.

Sometimes...it's hard not to slap you. :p That would definitely get my vote, or the AT-TE Gunner. But alas, for I hath not set eyes upon them.

I guess non-SP figure would have to be a tie between Grievous (#9) and 3PO.

Why? Well Grievous freakin looks awesome with the 4 arms holding lightsabers and can stand wonderfully. And 3PO...he just blows the VOTC 3PO out of the water! He even has a torso joint to position up or down!! :eek: And can stand!! lol

The only nitpick about him though is that you can barely see his thumbs as plastic was molded inbetween the thumbs and the other fingers, however if you're skill with an X-acto you could probably carve out the excess.

MaquisWarrior
04-10-2005, 02:27 AM
NAH! YOU'RE ALL WRONG! The BEST FIGURE out there is the ATOC Amidala where she is chained to the pillar of the arena. MY FANTASY COME TRUE!! H:stupid: :eek: ters! H:crazed: :stupid: ters!! H:D :classic: ters!!! No.2 is the POTF Slave Leia, although she doesn't look like Carrie Fisher (thanks Hasbro) but she does look like a girl I dated once!

Slicker
04-10-2005, 02:28 AM
Last I checked though NEITHER of those figures was released with the REVENGE OF THE SITH figures.;)

Wrong forum bub. Move along.

hestep99
04-10-2005, 02:41 AM
Clone Commander by far, with what I've bought. ATTE gunner runs a close second. I'm kinda dissappointed with the Clone Pilot thou. Anyways

WesleySr
04-10-2005, 04:35 AM
NAH! YOU'RE ALL WRONG! The BEST FIGURE out there is the ATOC Amidala where she is chained to the pillar of the arena. MY FANTASY COME TRUE!! H:stupid: :eek: ters! H:crazed: :stupid: ters!! H:D :classic: ters!!! No.2 is the POTF Slave Leia, although she doesn't look like Carrie Fisher (thanks Hasbro) but she does look like a girl I dated once!

Sorry, but since you brought it up, Slave Leia is the BEST FIGURE.

Sith Lord 0498
04-10-2005, 08:13 AM
Here are my three favorite ROTS figures (all equally impressive):

1) Clone Commander: This figure is simply %&@#* amazing!!! Great sculpt. Excellent articulation with non-noticeable joints. Wide array of accessories. Everything these SW figures should be.

2) Clonetrooper: Neutral pose but articulated well. Unintrusive action feature. Clean paint job. Great sculpt on the helmet.

3) Mas Amedda: This was the real shocker for me. I didn't expect what I got with this one. Amazing, realistic paint job. Multiple points of articulation (this thing actually has ball-jointed elbows and shoulders despite coming with the cloak!!!). Surprise feature of being able to remove his "skull-cap" helmet. Staff sculpt is done very well.

Kidhuman
04-10-2005, 09:51 AM
Clone Commander, Between Clone Pilot and AT-TE gunner for second.

Old Fossil
04-10-2005, 10:07 AM
3) Mas Amedda: This was the real shocker for me. I didn't expect what I got with this one. Amazing, realistic paint job. Multiple points of articulation (this thing actually has ball-jointed elbows and shoulders despite coming with the cloak!!!). Surprise feature of being able to remove his "skull-cap" helmet. Staff sculpt is done very well.

Crap! Now I have to add Mas Amedda to my want list. :neutral:

I've been pleased with all the figures I've bought so far. Hard to name a favorite:

1. Deluxe General Greivous
2. Clone Trooper (Quick-draw)
3. Count Dooku
3. Chancellor Palpatine
4. Royal Guard (red)
5. Ki-Adi Mundi
6. Luminara Unduli
7. Shaak Ti
8. Aayla Secura
9. C-3PO
10. Saesee Tiin

EDIT: add Clone Commander. Found one today at WM! Marvellous figure!
And Palpatine (w/blue saber).

trandoshan666
04-10-2005, 11:47 AM
1. Grievous
2. Clone Trooper
3. Vader

Reefer Shark
04-10-2005, 01:34 PM
I'm waiting until I find 33+ before I throw my 2cents in......

darko666
04-10-2005, 02:52 PM
the Red Royal Guard, just becase it has the classic style to it. the real cloth robe brings me back to the good old times.

beckmen
04-10-2005, 05:40 PM
What, you want Hasbro to start again with the skinny, 5-point articulated, cartoony-looking figs of Vintage yore?

Am I the only one who HATES soft goods?

Obi-wedge
04-10-2005, 07:39 PM
I would say that a lot of the soft-goods turn out to be no-goods. The Dooku is not too bad this time around. (The VOTC Luke and Ben were ridiculous) Mustafar Anakin and Red Leader Kenopbi look great with plastic cloaks...trying to get those looks with soft good would not work.

The Clone Commander Rocks! The Quick Draw is not too bad either. If Hasbro stays on this pace with their figures I weould have to say that just about everyones articulation prayers have been answered.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-11-2005, 02:19 PM
My vote goes to the Republic Clone Commander! I haven't opened him yet, but he looks sweet. Dooku is a nice figure though. I also like Dark Side Anakin and Spin-Kick Obi-Wan - oh man, there's so much QUALITY this time!

Agreed. This is truly a kick-A figure. I was comparing it to the SA CW Clone Trooper and it seems that they both have the same points of articulation. The CC's skirt comes off, it has those two sweet pistols + working holsters, the standard rifle and that zipline thing (does it go with the gunship?). Plus the visor moves off his shnozz and onto his head. My opinion may change once I find the AT-TE tank gunner, though.

HighLordDave
04-11-2005, 02:43 PM
The clone commander is better than the AT-TE gunner because 1) he doesn't have that creepy lazy eye thing happening and 2) has more cool stuff. I'm not sure why the AT-TE's helmet comes in two parts; it could have been one just as easily and the face sculpt is a bit off.

I was very disappointed with the clone pilot because it seems all they wanted him to do was sit in a cockpit. It could have been much, much better (and it could have come with some Republic Gunship ball turrets instead of those goofy anti-aircraft cannons.

beckmen
04-11-2005, 04:56 PM
:( :( :(

I WANT IT!!! (Clone Commander/AT-TE Guner)

jedibear
04-11-2005, 09:47 PM
I only have a small number of figures opened at this point but early favorites for me are:

Grevious Magna Guard....Some have mentioned it's lack of articulation but I'm impressed with the overall look of the charater and it's great that the figure can STAND unassisted.
Clone Commander....This is a cool figure though it took a bit of searching through them to find one with a decent paint app. It's great to have so many accesories and the working visor. Good (but not great) articulation (the arms could have used a bit more) but a great figure of a cool looking character.
Kit Fisto....again, I've gotten some of the other Jedi, but have only opened him and Agen Kolar (haven't opened any of the ladies yet...they still disappear pretty quick around here some I'm waiting til I can snag some dupes) I like the additional articulation included in the Jedi and in Kit's case, it doesn't come at the cost of the look of the figure (like some of the others with funky looking arms/shoulders (Ani & Mace come to mind) I jus wish he had a cloak so when I get 'em all I can stage him with Mace, Agen & Tinn, ready to take on the Chancellor!

I've opened others like Tarfful (who suffers from a hidious paint job...those peachy globs are pretty bad) or Bail (who is okay...I hope we get a better version in some of his other costumes later), Mon Mothma (who looks nice but I'm not so hot of the bicycle helment she wears), Obi (#1) (Nice but can't stand unassisted), The Clone Trooper (pretty decent), Chancellor Palpatine( I really like the texture on his robes...but the cuffs are useless), Gen Greviouswho looks really great wth the cloak posed with a magna guard (Blow-apart...fun, but keep the rubberband around to keep him together...and I wish he wasn't so clean) and eyeliner Ani (the charred cloak is cool and it's a decent figure...I just hate the overmade-eyes)

I also opened my Obi-Wan/Boga ( I like it alot but I'm partial to the beasts in SW) and my Unleashe Grevious (hands-down, the best version of him yet)

Figures I'm most looking forward to...

Mas Amedda, Mustafar Warrior, Capt Bacara, Mustafar Anakin, Crab Droid, more Clones!

Jayspawn
04-12-2005, 10:14 AM
I have a few...

Clone Troopers I have like 8 of these guys! Excellent Sculpt, neutral pose, lots of articulation!

Count Dooku Great likeness of Christopher Lee (one of my favorites anyways), the articulation is fantastic!

Emperor Palpatine Not really sure why -looks cool with his Lightsaber. I like the removable hood!

samskull
04-12-2005, 11:10 AM
I have yet to get all the great figures mentioned so far...Clone Commander, AT-TE Gunner etc...I will put in my pick and am prepared for the verbal lashing of my peers.

General Grevious Four Arm Attack!

Though he might not stand too well on his own...on a stand with four light sabers in his claws he looks pretty cool. And the look on his face when I push his head down to make his arms move.

I also have the Clone Trooper Kung Fu Chop! and like him...but is this extra should pad just a Hasbro gimmick. Looks cool either way.

spang2005
04-12-2005, 11:43 AM
At midnight madness, I passed on the cloaked Anakin, mainly because of his eyes. This weekend, however, I found one that had much less eye shadow (but still a little tiny bit). So I opened that one and I really like it. I took the cloak off and positioned the right arm over the head, turned the head sideways, and put the two finger arm out to the side as well. Then I set up the #1 Obi-Wan acccross from him. Just looking at those two figures sitting on top of my computer and thinking about their duel gives me chills.

Devo
04-12-2005, 02:34 PM
My vote goes to Count Dooku. For me, this character doesn't need to be resculpted ever again - this is definitive. OK perhaps action poses aren't amazing but I think the Lightning attack Saga Dooku did well on that count. For anything else this figure is perfect. And the cape! Normally I hate cloth but its looks superb here. Likewise on Luminara and Shaak. I'm amazed............have I already posted this? This all sounds familiar.

CaptainSolo1138
04-12-2005, 02:43 PM
I like preggers Padme. And not just because it's Nataile Portman. For some reason I just really like this figure.

anti-hero
04-12-2005, 04:58 PM
Hmmm...good question.

I have to say of the one's I have so far Dooku is the best...

but as far as my fav...I'd have to go with Dark Anakin. I just love this figure, even with the eye shadow. I mean it's young Darth Vader without the suit. How cool is that!!

CrunchyNug
04-12-2005, 05:46 PM
The CLONE COMANDER is rapidly becoming my favorite SW figure of all time. He's so similar to the ARC Troopers, but with more gear and better articulation. Handling those duel blasters is a great way to pose him. He gets my vote!!!

Old Fossil
04-13-2005, 10:12 AM
Likewise on Luminara and Shaak. I'm amazed............have I already posted this? This all sounds familiar.

I'm with you on the Jedi ladies... strange that they're getting so few compliments in the threads here. Excellent figures!

WesleySr
04-13-2005, 12:47 PM
After careful consideration, I have come to this conclusion. I need some Tylenol for the headache I got trying to narrow down the list of favorite figures. There are so many of the collection 2 figures that I think are awesome. Count Dooku, C-3PO, Padme, Agen Kolar, Shaak Ti, Royal Guards, Mon Mothma, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Saesee Tinn, Luminara Unduli, & Mas Amedda. The only thing that I would have like to have seen HASBRO do would have been to make Plo Koon, Agen Kolar, and Kit Fisto have soft robes like the other Jedi.

DarthAngel
04-13-2005, 03:10 PM
1. Vader, need I say more.

2. Emporer Palpi, finally we have what I would consider to be the best emporer figure that has ever been made.

3. Its a tie between both versions of Chacellor Palpi, I only wish that they would make a soft goods version of the Chancellor that way I could recreate the duel on the bridge of the Invisible Hand.

mark2d2
04-15-2005, 05:19 AM
I'm being EXTREMELY selective this time out. As a collector since 1996, plus all the vintage of my childhood, I have come to the realization that I have too many little plastic toys! :crazed:

That said, the three that I have picked up are all outstanding! Sure was fun this week to go out and get my feet wet.

1) Royal Guard (blue). . . Wow! Talk about retro fun. This figure is so old school with that really well done cloth cape. Excellent toy. Just flat out stunning in person. Can't wait to find the classic red version. Love everything about this one. He is so posable. Nifty hidden holster. . . one that houses an updated version of my favorite childhood weapon, the speederbike gun! Heck, I even like the base --- and those typically leave me cold. This figure was somehow a million times even more amazing in the flesh, and I was seriously pumped up to locate "Blue." Yep, it was a real thrill when I finally found him on the pegs. . .

2) R4-G9. . . Totally blown away by this little guy. Just blown away. (Can't believe it took me so long to buy him!!!) The retracting third leg by a twist of the head feature is just shocking well done. Flawless. The VOTC style foot wires --- icing on the cake. Heck, I even like the wacky somewhat sillly accessory. (Isn't is interesting how some of the most "out there" accessories have come with the astromechs?) This figure is just fun, fun, fun.

3) Threepio. . . FINALLY! The ultimate clean and shiny version! He looks truly amazing. Removable limbs, ball jointed waist. Lots to be happy with here. The lava base is great fun, too. Very, very pleased with golden rod.

PS --- this is a really fun thread. It always interests me to see what figures people seem to like the most. . . The wide variety of responses speaks highly of the line.

Fluke Skywalker
04-15-2005, 11:22 AM
I'm sure once I get the Clone Commander this will change but so far it's Count Dooku. He's great. Even if you have the AOTC version, you should get this one. It's a solid upgrade.

WesleySr
04-15-2005, 12:03 PM
Like I said earlier, there are so many figures (mostly Collection 2) that rock. I can't wait to see what HASBRO has in store for us after #56.

Dark Marble
04-15-2005, 12:21 PM
I am going to say all of the Palpatine figures so far. I hated the Emperor when I was a kid, but I have gained a new appreciation for him as the new trilogy has gone on. So creepy, so evil, great figures!!

anti-hero
04-15-2005, 01:58 PM
I picked up a Clone Commander the other day. It's a really great fig, but I think Dooku is still my fav. I love the lightsaber poses he can be put in!

Clone Commander is a very close second tho...maybe even a tie.

Now Bring on Red Leader Obi!! I'm hoping he'll top them both!

mm74md
04-15-2005, 02:07 PM
Action Feature Figs:
#9 Greivous, #1 Obi-Wan, #2 Ani, #12 Palpatine
Collection 2 Figs:
Dooku, #35 Palpatine, Clone Commander, & Clone Pilot

I'm very disappointed with the AT-TE Gunner. Could have been THE BEST figure exepct for those darn arms!!!

WesleySr
04-15-2005, 03:30 PM
Action Feature Figs:
#9 Greivous, #1 Obi-Wan, #2 Ani, #12 Palpatine
Collection 2 Figs:
Dooku, #35 Palpatine, Clone Commander, & Clone Pilot

I'm very disappointed with the AT-TE Gunner. Could have been THE BEST figure exepct for those darn arms!!!

PLEASE don't tell me that. That is the last figure that I am missing and I have been looking forward to opening one. :(

Devo
04-16-2005, 11:28 PM
Ki-Adi Mundi is a figure I bought for completists sake given that I'm buying all the jedis, and although he's not my favourite figure I was pleasantly surprised when I opened him. He may look stupid in the box with the cloth tunic but once you take him out you find that he's superbly articulated and detailed and the tunic can more or less be made to look good on him.

I've also bought all 4 Grievious figures and been impressed despite my misgivings about the inclusion of a totally new character at this point in the saga who is never to be seen or mentioned again in the films. The paintjobs vary from clean to dull and sullied but, I think are carried off well on all 4 figures and theres some decent poseability to be seen. I wasn't going to buy all of these but thought they all looked good.

MaquisWarrior
04-17-2005, 12:27 AM
I finally got a fave from this set, Mas Ammeda. Why? Homie has gained wieght and looks like the horny little devil he is. I had to have this figure after seeing his likeness "hiss" during one of the many previews loating around. That's why he is sticking his tongue out at ya! HISSSS!
About the Jedi, during TPM I bought several Naboo Accessory Sets (both kinds) because they had the Jedi Knight/Monk Robe all my old "cantina" aliens (except for Snaggletooth because he ? was too small) became Jedi as well as Luke and Alec Guiness got decent robes. Vader also got new Sith duds too as I put him in Maul's little black dress (teehee) and bracelet. How Chik! La Dee DAH!

DanbtheSithLord
04-18-2005, 02:40 PM
3 simple words Clone Trooper Commander god I love that fig. there short and to the point. and the royal guards rock.... if ever i was gonna customize me some Crimson empire figs now would be the time.