PDA

View Full Version : Cheated out of Lava Vader :(

TheDarthVader
04-02-2005, 08:44 PM
Okay...here we go. I get to Target at 6:00 am to wait in line for my Lava Vader. (Vader is my favorite character.) There are only 5 people (total) by 7:30 am. I am the third person. The manager lady comes out and tells us that she looked in the box that was SUPPOSED to have the vaders in it and there are only star wars legos. I was heart broken. She said that the box had the right label on the outside, but there weren't any lava vaders on the inside. This really sucked. I was sad and angry. How could this happen? I guess I will call the number she gave us and complain. So right now, I doubt that I will get a lava vader. I still have my stupid vader ticket number 003. A lot of good that is now! Gosh! This really irks me! I usually don't get upset, but I am really sad right now. Anyway.......NO LAVA VADERS were handed out at my Target store today. And there's not much that I can do about it.

B.
TDV

slovak34
04-02-2005, 08:53 PM
I bet there are 30 Target employees who have those exclusives up on ebay already.

Slicker
04-02-2005, 08:57 PM
At my Target they were giving out tickets at the door and when they gave me mine (I was 4th in line) I got number 17, which means that the Target employess got the 13 in front of me.

Veers
04-02-2005, 09:07 PM
It definitely went out the back door. The manager or some employee must have taken them. I seen so many of these on Ebay prior to todays promo. Only employees had access to these. And these same employees are probably the ones on Ebay selling them before todays release date. I though each store was suppose to get 36 figs (3 cases). Two stores I went to only 24(2 cases). Sorry you were not able to get one. If I had a extra one I would sell it to you for retail price.

TheDarthVader
04-02-2005, 09:13 PM
The manager lady did say that they had 24...that was before she knew they weren't in the box. This is a bunch of bs! I don't care if Hasbro has to make more of these, I am going to get me a lava vader from target!!!!!! I am not paying $60-80 on ebay. That is retarded.

B.
TDV

Joshkj
04-02-2005, 09:17 PM
I was cheated out of one too, I know how you feel man.
I really want one, but it seems noone got two :/

mastermatt24
04-02-2005, 09:20 PM
That really sucks, shes full of BS. You should definitly complain.

jwmc1971
04-02-2005, 09:27 PM
my wife and i got 1 apiece...we got there at 5 till 8am and there was only 10 people there...including 4 target employees ....they had like 17 for the port richey , fl store . i saw 4 from the same guy on ebay 4 days ago ...basterds!! also ...there were 3 old crones there waiting to get in and they didnt even know what the sale was for !!!they all got the tickets and 1$ off paper ...only to give it back later once they realized what it was !!!what the hell...you just take something cuz it says 1$ off!?!?! stupid old hags screwed 3 peeps out of this deal!!!!!

TheDarthVader
04-02-2005, 10:38 PM
Picture of my card (number 03, sorry, not 003) is attached.

Halofanatic...How were you CHEATED?????? Just curious.

B.
TDV

yoda83
04-02-2005, 11:11 PM
This exclusive was handled very poorly by Target as a whole it seems. We were told at 7:15 AM there were no tickets, and it was every customer for themselves. Then at 7:45 someone came out with tickets, not that it mattered, since people were buying 2 and 3 per customer, and the cashiers did not seem the wiser about limiting one per customer.

Slicker
04-02-2005, 11:14 PM
Damn TDV you got an actual card. All that they gave me was a little blue ticket that they usually use for raffles. You know the ones that come off the rolls. I didn't know that they had actual tickets for this promotion.

DarthQuack
04-02-2005, 11:16 PM
I've got my ticket in my wallet right now, I was lucky enough to keep mine, #02 :)

sith_killer_99
04-02-2005, 11:21 PM
Yeah, our Target was missing the first 3 tickets. :(

Anywho, I just did a quick check on Ebay and there are over 1200 listings for lava Vader!!! Many had BIN prices of like $35-$40.

It really is a shame that this thing went south for soo many people because of greedy employees. :mad:

Flyin_Solo
04-02-2005, 11:26 PM
This exclusive was handled very poorly by Target as a whole it seems. We were told at 7:15 AM there were no tickets, and it was every customer for themselves. Then at 7:45 someone came out with tickets, not that it mattered, since people were buying 2 and 3 per customer, and the cashiers did not seem the wiser about limiting one per customer.

My store was the same, except noone ever gave us tickets, it was just all for one. yet we agreed to make sure everyone had one before taking more, one guy didnt listen, lets just say when you dont listen, you get a lightsaber beating from grown men...why did hasbro make the basic ones usable before purchase? lol

Kidhuman
04-03-2005, 12:28 AM
Sorry to hear that TDV. Sue em, I would.

Joshkj
04-03-2005, 01:05 AM
Picture of my card (number 03, sorry, not 003) is attached.

Halofanatic...How were you CHEATED?????? Just curious.

B.
TDV

I went to target at 4:30 because I had missed MM and I was overly excited. I waited, in the cold dark fog, till around 6:30. I was crazy excited and was standing at the glass door making funny faces by blowing on it. Finnaly around 6:45 someone sees me and walks up. And she yelled at me to go away. I was totally confused. A bunch of people were there laughing with me by me making the faces and they were dead silent. I said, well Im here for the special vader figure. The lady stares at me and just says let me get my supervisor and walks away...locking the door behind here. 15 min later around 7, when there was about 14 of us (including me and 4 friends and my 2 bros and dad and me) the manager came out.
For a side note, this manager was really creepy. His hair was slicked back and and had these extreamly thick glases.
Back to te story, the manager said let me get "pablo, the guy in charge of toys". So pablo comes out and says that the "Special vaders" dont exist.
We all instantly hated Target.
Finally they open the store and we make a mad dash for the toys.
Crap, just crap. 1st off you could tell that they had just put these out and a bunch were missing. There were no clones exept about 5 regular ones, 2 royal guards(red) and 3 battle droids and 6 super battle droids, 4 grievous body guards; they did have a ton of aniken, obiwan, duku (NO WINDU :mad: ) Yoda, 3po, r2, grievous,the jedi's (exept for sasee tinn te only one I wanted :mad: ), delux vader, obiwan, and palpatine (no delux grievous:mad: ).
We were all ****ed, first of all.
All I got (all I really wanted because i didnt wantt to give any more money to target)
was:
2 clones and 1 red royal guard

Vehical wise all they had was 6 of the obiwan lizard thing, ONLY 1 BARK, and 3 ARC's. No wheel bike, tri-fighter, or jedi starfighter.
I got an ARC.

Another side note:
They had no grievous unleashed and only one of ani and obi unleashed:mad:
Everything else(glactic, atacktix, lego, ect.) they were fully stocked.

I missed MM and this is what I get:mad: :frus:

:frus:
Target

Edit: After reading over this and seeing how negative it was, here is a brighter side
I got something
and The clones and guard are awsomely fun and cool :beard: to hasbro for this guard.

Also if you take of the cape and switch it around it looks cooler :)

darth_vegeta
04-03-2005, 03:34 AM
im totally in the same boat as you man, i say we all call Target corporate HQ and complain our asses off, not that it will do any good, i just know the Vaders that were supposed to be at my store are sitting on Ebay, i mean, do they think were stupid enough to believe they all got lost in the mail or something? bull****

Joshkj
04-03-2005, 03:45 AM
Im beginiing to feel that there isnt even 50000 since 3% of that is on Ebay and there is a ton of complaints

Jaina Solo
04-03-2005, 11:38 AM
That really sucks, guys! Some Targets had no clue what they were doing. If I were you guys I'd hang onto those tickets, though, just in case. Maybe call Target HQ, see if anyone there knows what they're talking about. Maybe if the stuff really did get "lost in the mail" it will have gone back there, and they can hook you up?

Okay, so I'm an optimist, but it's worth a try, right?

TheDarthVader
04-03-2005, 02:07 PM
Oh, I'm GONNA do something about this bull crap. This is weird:

When we get to the figures there are three vertical pegs for "Lava Vader" with a price of $12.99. They were shelf tagged and empty! The tag was, apparently, the correct tag for the lava vader! I don't know what happened. I guess a Target employee got all 24 of the vaders. One of the other SW fans took the label from the holder and scanned it (on a price checker). The price checker read: Not in Stock Room. What a crazy day.

B.
TDV

PS...IF ANYONE IS READING THIS AND HAS TWO VADERS BECAUSE OF THEIR WIFE OR WHATEVER, PLEASE LOOK INTO YOUR HEART AND LET ME BUY HIM FROM YOU. I LOVE VADER, AND I NEED THIS FIGURE. DON'T OPEN ONE...PLEASE HELP ME OUT. :(

CooLJoE
04-03-2005, 02:43 PM
I did manage to get my Lava Vader, but I did notice that my ticket number was rather high.

I don't know when they started handing them out, but it seemed like my friend and I were some of the first to arrive to get a ticket. Mine was #15 and my friend got #16. I'm thinking the Target employees took #1-10 or something.

Its really said that a store would let their employees do this. I know that if I ran a Target, I'd be sure to look through all the tickets to make sure they are all there BEFORE handing them out. And when the Vaders arrived, I would have put them in a safe or took them home for protection. But hey, I guess they don't care as long as they get a paycheck (and for the crooked ones, as long as they get to put them on ebay).

kool-aid killer
04-03-2005, 03:17 PM
Sucks to hear that some of you guys were jobbed out of the Vader. My Target didnt even hand out tickets for the figure, it was just a mad dash across the store to the toy department. They were enforcing a one per customer limit on all figures, since they wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to get figure x. I managed to snag two of the Vaders, i had my younger brother purchase the second one so that i would fall within the "one per" limit. I got a second just in case msjedi (usually frequents the Nebraska just found thread) missed out, but seeing as how he did get one, im not against trading for him. Shoot me a pm TheDarthVader if interested.

Rework
04-03-2005, 07:43 PM
Sucks to hear that some of you guys were jobbed out of the Vader....

I kind of didn't expect horror stories like this.

I didn't even head over to Target in the morning. There was a flea market that opened for the season that I wanted to hit... I got home from that around 9:30 and headed over to Target. At 10:00, they still had at least 6 Lava Vaders still hanging on the pegs with a 1 per customer sign. I almost didn't bother picking it up... $13 is a bit much for a figure and I figured if there were some left, there's probably going to be plenty available.

Usually these "exclusive" figures are all hype, and if you are patient you can get them cheap down the road...

Sidiously Darth
04-03-2005, 08:09 PM
Wow! Those are some truly depressing stories.

I live in Central FL and the Target that I visited with several friends had their act together, for the most part. I was #4 in line and received ticket #5. Seems there was no ticket #1.

There was one guy who really ******** off everyone in line. This guy shows up around 7:30 and walks up to the front of the line and stands next to the door. He was asked to go to the back but stated that he had no interest in SW. He also had a buddy, who had a ticket, join him. Supposedly, they were just there fro hot wheels.

Anyway, the store opens and all 25+ of us are led to the toy section. The 2 hot wheels guys are looking through cars on an endcap. The guy who broke line is staring at the lava vaders and practically drooling.

Towards the end when just about everyone had gone through and picked up one of everything, the drooler nabs one of the Lava Vaders still on the pegs. No big deal, there were some left. I pay for my stuff and leave. A friend of mine and I head over to the TRU that's practically next door.

Here's the kicker:

Come to find out, the hot wheels guy that bought a lava vader even though he said he wasn't interested went back and a few minutes later and bought a second one. Seems he went around the other side, picked one up and paid for it in the electronics area.

The store manager gave explicit instructions of one item each per person. I don't think anyone would really care if he hadn't been such an a-hole and lied about not wanting anything SW. There was plenty to go around, so waiting in line would not have hurt him.

This guys is rather well known to some of the other collectors that we met at TRU as being a scalper. Hope he accidently steps on his 2 lava vaders. :p

jwmc1971
04-03-2005, 08:39 PM
dude , are you retarded ?!?!?!?! there will be more later and cheaper down the road ?????:stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid: and the 13$ crack....considering most exclusives in the past have been around 50 $$ , you must be high! look on ebay for most of the old excl.'s and see what they are going for ... try to get the luke " jedi " theater edition for 13 $$ HA! any ways , sorry to cut on you , nothing personal however you come back on me.i was just in " awe " of your bold statements .....:D

TheDarthVader
04-03-2005, 09:04 PM
Um, no. I get up at 5:30 am after working until 11:30 pm. I don't get much sleep. I want to be there so I can get in line for the Vader. There was no way I was going to "know" how many fans would show up extra early to get him. I use MY car...I burn MY fuel...I use MY time only for some inept manager lady to tell us that the case of lava vaders had the right sticker but the sticker was on a LEGO BOX! So you figure out why I am upset. Jeez...some people are just not sensitive to other people's feelings. It's not about the stupid money. I could buy many lava vaders right now on ebay at $60 each if I wanted to. It's the principle of the story. Clear your head and get back down to earth with the rest of us.

B.
TDV

friend_of_vader
04-03-2005, 09:11 PM
Wow, all these stories are the complete opposite of mine.
First off, my Midnight Madness was insane...there were about 200 people there...and a mad rush for figures. My Toys R' Us got every figure from #1-32. I got everything but a select 8 due to the high number of dealers grabbing 15 Clone's, Vaders, Senate Gaurds, etc. They had only put about 4 cases onto the racks...causing grown men to literally fight and steal from one another for figures...finally around 1AM we all walked back to the manager who, in our favor, was a young collector himself, and he slowly started bringing case after case of figures out of the back room...we all left with atleast one of each figure...rare figs were Chewbacca, Vader, Clones, and Senate gaurds...I managed to pick everything up but 8 figs...unfortunetally they only got 12 Ghostly Yoda's...so the first 12 in line got those.

My Target over in Cicero, IL was awesome. I got there at 7:30AM...no one was there, I actually thought the Target wasn't even doing it. Then at 8:00 they unlocked the doors, my dad, brother, and I walked in...the manager handed us the tickets for the Lava Vader...numbers 15, 16 and 17...I was first and got 15...Anyway, I think there was one more collector who walked in behind us, there was no line, no mad rush, nothing. I calmly walked back...picked up my Lava Vader, which they must of had 30 of atleast just sitting on the racks...and I picked up the final 8 figs I missed earlier in the morning, plus the "rare" red Senate Gaurd.

So I now have one of each figure up to 32.

Sorry to hear about everyone else's misfortunes.

jwmc1971
04-03-2005, 09:33 PM
wow , i must have misunderstood every single word you said ...oh well . i also got little sleep due to being at MM at 11:30 and then going to target and trus with like 3 hours sleep and then going back to walmart at 9:30 to the tent sale and then on to kbtoys at 11am .....still up from then with like 4 more hours sleep sat night cuz i have a 6mo. old ....so i'm not symp. to anybodys this or that ....my kid has kept me up for six months !!!try working 2 jobs , both of which you are the owner on top of that ...one starts at 7am and the other ends at 9pm .now that everybody knows my bidness' ...:kiss:

jwmc1971
04-03-2005, 09:40 PM
also .... dont you guys think that with the exception of wally world ...the excl.'s were a pretty sorry lot compared to " luke on taun-taun " from TRUS and KB's "luke and han as stormtroopers"....those were like top notch ...also ..how 'bout FAO Schwartz's " leiah and r2-d2 ". off-topic , i know , but ....:crazed: