PDA

View Full Version : Early Bird Mail-In Deadline/Receipt questions (merged)

Veers
04-02-2005, 05:59 PM
I noticed on the enclosed early bird certificate that the original receipt needed to be mailed in with it. What happens if you buy two or more? I cannot mail my second certificate without my original receipt since it does not accept copies. My question is can I mail both proof of purchases in with two filled out certificate cards together? Will this be ok? Please SirSteve,SSG administrators, or even Hasbro please advise. I do not want to mail this out until I receive some confirmation that Hasbro will allow this. :confused:

JON9000
04-02-2005, 06:45 PM
I noticed on the enclosed early bird certificate that the original receipt needed to be mailed in with it. What happens if you buy two or more? I cannot mail my second certificate without my original receipt since it does accept copies. My question is can I mail both proof of purchases in with two filled out certificate cards together? Will this be ok? Please SirSteve,SSG administrators, or even Hasbro please advise. I do not want to mail this out until I receive some confirmation that Hasbro will allow this. :confused:
I suggest going back and exchanging the item for itself in order to get a second receipt.

Ji'dai
04-02-2005, 07:34 PM
I bought two Early Birds on the same receipt as well. But I'm sending in a copy of my receipt. I keep all originals receipts for my records.

Veers
04-02-2005, 07:59 PM
I bought two Early Birds on the same receipt as well. But I'm sending in a copy of my receipt. I keep all originals receipts for my records.

It requires the original receipt, it clearly states no photocopies allowed on the certificate. I do not think there will be a problem if you send two certificate forms with two proof of purchases in the same envelope. As long as your original receipt shows both of them on there. That is why I am hoping I get a reponse from Steve if this okay. If I mail them both out and I only get one set of figures back, I am going to be one unhappy camper.

Jedi
04-02-2005, 10:07 PM
1.) For those that already have the Early Bird package in hand, what is the deadline date upon which everything must be postmarked to be valid?

2.) For those that are buying the Early Bird package on www.walmart.com (http://www.walmart.com), what piece of paper serves as our "original receipt"??????

Thank you!!
Jedi :D

Slicker
04-02-2005, 10:15 PM
I can only answer the 1st question and the date it must be postmarked by is November 30, 2005 so you don't have to exactly hurry to get your order in.

Sith Lord 0498
04-02-2005, 10:33 PM
I'd assume your shipping invoice would count as a receipt.

What really amuses me about this is the window Hasbro gave themselves for fulfilling the order: May 1 to December 31.

Yeah...that really narrows it down... :rolleyes:

JediTricks
04-03-2005, 09:40 PM
It's sunday, nobody at Hasbro is home at the moment so there's not much to know until tomorrow. However, you could try to call the Fart Bog (that's their phone number, 800-FART-BOG, I swear! :D) and get immediate customer service, but I suspect they'll have no idea. Ask WM customer service to print out another copy of the receipt, I know Target can do that, maybe so can WM.

ronhudy
04-04-2005, 10:47 AM
I can only answer the 1st question and the date it must be postmarked by is November 30, 2005 so you don't have to exactly hurry to get your order in.

No, but the fine print does say "While supplies last". Not that'd I'd really be worried - I'm sure they're producing enough figures to support the promotion, but why take chances?

sith_killer_99
04-04-2005, 11:04 AM
Ummmm, yeah, it think that "while supplies last" thing refers to the certificates themselves. I beileve Hasbro is legally obligated to deliver the goods so long as the certificate is mailed in by the deadline.

BTW, I already sent mine off. ;)

Also, with all this talk about reciepts, don't forget the Proof Of Purchase. Luckily it is on the clear plastic shell and was easily sliced out with a razor blade. :crazed:

Ji'dai
04-06-2005, 04:19 PM
It's sunday, nobody at Hasbro is home at the moment so there's not much to know until tomorrow. However, you could try to call the Fart Bog (that's their phone number, 800-FART-BOG, I swear! :D) and get immediate customer service, but I suspect they'll have no idea. Ask WM customer service to print out another copy of the receipt, I know Target can do that, maybe so can WM.

I asked at the Wal-Mart customer service desk this afternoon if they would print out another copy of my receipt but all they would do was give me a xerox copy.

I bought two EBs on the same receipt. I had only planned on redeeming one EB for the figures but I just don't like giving away my original receipts.

El Chuxter
04-06-2005, 04:29 PM
Here's another question:

Given that the figures are new after all, is there a particular window in which you have to purchase them? I ask because the Hasbro website says these are only available during the 48 Hours of The Force event and from walmart.com. There's never been anything specifically stating that Kits that sit around and are purchased after the weekend won't be honored, has there? :confused:

Ji'dai
04-06-2005, 04:47 PM
I don't think so. I noticed today my local WM still has quite a few left. The certificate has to be postmarked by November 30, 2005 but there isn't any mention on the package that it had to be purchased during a specific time period.

Jedi
04-06-2005, 06:23 PM
Has anyone that ordered the EB through www.walmart.com (http://www.walmart.com) sent their certificate in yet. and if so, did you just slip your packing slip in to constitute your "original receipt"? I just received my EB today and want to send it off but am a little nervous, seeing as how all I have is the packing slip!!

Sincerely,

JediTricks
04-07-2005, 12:10 AM
I asked at the Wal-Mart customer service desk this afternoon if they would print out another copy of my receipt but all they would do was give me a xerox copy.

I bought two EBs on the same receipt. I had only planned on redeeming one EB for the figures but I just don't like giving away my original receipts.Geez WM sucks! Sorry my advice didn't pan out. We're still waiting for Hasbro to give us an official answer on this, but in the meantime here's what you could do, take one of the EB sets back to the store, explain the situation, return the item for your money back and then have them immediately sell it back to you for a new receipt.

BanthaPoodoo
04-07-2005, 09:33 AM
Has anyone that ordered the EB through www.walmart.com (http://www.walmart.com) sent their certificate in yet. and if so, did you just slip your packing slip in to constitute your "original receipt"? I just received my EB today and want to send it off but am a little nervous, seeing as how all I have is the packing slip!!

Sincerely,

Why don't you go to the wal-mart page under your order history & print out that receipt? That is what I am going to do.

sith_killer_99
04-07-2005, 11:17 AM
For those that bought 2 kits on one reciept, have you considered sending in one envelope with 2 certificates and 2 POP's along with the one reciept. You can circle/highlight the 2 sets on the one reciept. That should work. :crazed: