PDA

View Full Version : Spot the Pegwarmers

mabudonicus
04-03-2005, 11:39 AM
Okay, this is similar to the now defunct "rehash figures" thread, but this is no longer speculation

I have a baaaad feeling that there will be a whole bunch of PW's out of the first 32, and this thread is my attempt to track the worst offenders
My first submission is "the Crow" Anakin (can't recall the collector number)
I think Bail Organa may be a close second

Any others with thoughts or observations (or even just dumb jokes, really, it's all :beard: round here)???
Post 'em here!!

Jaina Solo
04-03-2005, 11:46 AM
At least around here, Obi-Wan #1, the first Anakin figure- oh, and R2-D2, because even the kids know the ROTS one looks exactly like any other R2 they have at home.

Ji'dai
04-03-2005, 12:28 PM
Definitely Bail Organa. We're gonna be seeing him and his little heart-shaped belt buckle on the pegs for the next two years. Yet Mon Mothma has an even better pegwarmer potential - I saw two pegs full of her at TRU alone. Chancellor Palpatine will be there for awhile too.

The Anakin/Obi-Wans were probably shipped in such high quantity that it will take forever to move 'em all. That "Goth" Anakin was funny with his dark eyes and pink facial scars. Made him look like the leader of a punk rock band.

LTBasker
04-03-2005, 12:46 PM
Worst ones around here seem to be Mace Windu, Grievous' Bodyguard, Obi-Wan and Yoda with missile launcher.

Jaina Solo
04-03-2005, 12:50 PM
How could I forget Grievous' Bodyguard? Saw about a million of those yesterday.

tagmac
04-03-2005, 01:19 PM
Right now, all but the Clone troopers seem to be pegwarming (although Wal-Mart still had a bunch), and no sign of the Royal Guards. I'm a bit surprised Greivous' Bodyguards are still around, but it could be the army builders see only 4 in the scene, and so stop there instead of buying dozens like the clones. I just hope these pegwarmers don't cause #'s33-40 to become hard to find, especially with three clones in the assortment.

rbaumhauer
04-03-2005, 01:20 PM
Around here, aside from the Obi-wan/Anakin/Yoda figures which seemed to be shipped in massive quantities, I think Tarfful is the worst pegwarmer - at the second Wal-Mart I went to yesterday, it seemed like half the figures they had left were him. While there might be other dull figures (Bail, Mon Mothma), they don't seem to be shipping in quantity (from what I saw - they were pretty rare here). Tarfful seems to be shipping in large numbers and not moving.

Rick

Turbowars
04-03-2005, 01:39 PM
Wave 1 Col 1 will rot. That's why today I returned 12 from Col1 and 2. My days of "got to have it all" are over. At least until the OT toys come back. Thanks Hasbro, no really thanks, I can now save a few bucks.

LTBasker
04-03-2005, 01:55 PM
I'm a bit surprised Greivous' Bodyguards are still around, but it could be the army builders see only 4 in the scene, and so stop there instead of buying dozens like the clones.

Also even after seeing the scene, it still seems redudant for such a deadly character to need bodyguards. I forgot to add the Anakin with dual lightsabers has been becoming a pegwarmer, the one with the cloak though seems to be selling well. It's odd.

Sadly just like after April 2002, the SBD's are definitely going to be clogging pegs for awhile. Can't believe I forgot to mention these two.

Beast
04-03-2005, 02:27 PM
Around here.... it's just a sea of Anakin (I + II), Obi-Wan (I + II), Yoda (I + II), Chewbacca, Darth Vader, and R2-D2. Everything else is limited or impossible to find. I had to hit three stores to find General Greivous or his Bodyguard. Even Bail Organa is a tough find around here. And the Jedi are equally elusive. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

kool-aid killer
04-03-2005, 03:09 PM
From what i could tell Obi, Yoda, Mace, and Anakin seem to be the front runners for pegwarmers. Im suprised Bail is doing so poorly, who wouldnt want a toy of Jimmy Smits?

General_Grievous
04-03-2005, 03:41 PM
It's kind of hard to tell which figures are pegwarmers in my area, because there are so many of each figure. With the exception of the Clone, the figures from Collection 1, wave 1 all have pegwarming potential. Chewbacca, however, doesn't seem to stay on the pegs for too long. Same goes for the Emperor. The Jedi figures are keeping the bins warm around here. Out of those, Agen Kolar and Shaak Ti are hardest to find around here. Tarfful isn't all that plentiful, either. People love their wookiees. :D

As for non-basic figure pegwarmers, the 12 inch Anakin/Darth Vader is lingering on shelves, but that's probably cause the price is way too high. Palpatine isn't selling too well, either.

The Obi Wan deluxe figure is rotting around here. Palpatine and Anakin/Vader are selling faster, but Grievous is definitely hard to find around here. I only found one, and I bought it.

The Boga and Barc Speeder are sticking around, too.

Most of the Unleashed sold out at midnight on Friday, but now they're plentiful.

Old Fossil
04-03-2005, 03:44 PM
Agen Kolar looks to be THE pegwarming Jedi in my neck of the woods. He'll have plenty of Bail and Mon Mothma to keep him company, though.

Hellboy
04-03-2005, 05:56 PM
I'm surprised Bail is doing so poorly, who wouldnt want a toy of Jimmy Smits?
Maybe its the I heart Alderaan belt buckle thats turning people off from this figure. :D

Right now #'s 1-32, with the exception of #23 the Royal Guard, are everywhere in my area. #1 Obi-Wan, #2 Anakin and #3 Yoda have the biggest long term peg warming potential IMO. Others like #11 Darth Vader and #9 General Grievous show up in many of the assortments but seeing as how villains always sell well I'd imagine these will keep moving for the most part.

Hasbro has actually been pretty smart packing most figures one per case and spreading them out through different case assotments. One could usually assume Mon Mothma would pegwarm but since she is only in Wave 1 and doesn't show up again until Wave 5 I'll bet she won't hang around any longer than most. Padme, Shaak Ti and Plo Koon are other figures that have limited exposure showing up in only 3 of the 12 different known case assortments, which includes 5 waves and 7 wave revisions.

rust
04-03-2005, 06:33 PM
Around here, aside from the Obi-wan/Anakin/Yoda figures which seemed to be shipped in massive quantities, I think Tarfful is the worst pegwarmer - at the second Wal-Mart I went to yesterday, it seemed like half the figures they had left were him. While there might be other dull figures (Bail, Mon Mothma), they don't seem to be shipping in quantity (from what I saw - they were pretty rare here). Tarfful seems to be shipping in large numbers and not moving.
I can't find a single damn Tarfull at my Target... How come yours has so many?

We have only 2 Agen Kolars and 3 Kit Fistos last I checked. But I think Palpy will sell a lot better after the movie comes out.

JediTricks
04-04-2005, 12:23 AM
From what I've seen at 2 TRUs and 2 Targets so far, I'd say Mon Mothma is approaching short-term-PW territory. I saw a bin full of PWs at TRU and only 1 Bail but a half dozen Mothmans. I was expecting Padme to be worse of a short-term-pegwarmer, but she's doing OK though certainly at each store no question. Here are some others that were sitting already, thus threatening to reach potential to PW if something doesn't change:

Obi-Wan (not terribly though)
Anakin (same as Obi-Wan)
Yoda
Super Battle Droid
Chewie
R2 (though not as many as I expected considering how awful it actually is)
Grievous
Grievous' Bodyguard (not as bad as some others though)
Mace Windu
Palpatine (again, not as bad as some though)
Chancellor Palpatine (old man figs don't sell... again :D)
Bail Organa (not as bad as some of those others)
Plo Koon (didn't he already warm pegs in the Saga line?)
Battle Droid
Agen Kolar
Shaak Ti (not PWing as bad as Saga version though)
Kit Fisto (PWing short term worse than Saga one, doubt long term will be as bad)
Mon Mothman
All 4 deluxes (some stores had few Palpatines, others made up the difference)
Boxed BARC Speeder
Boxed Boga (not as bad as BARC casemate though)
12" Clone Trooper (just because he's 2 per case I think)
Force Battlers Anakin & Obi-Wan
I was surprised Attacktix wasn't bombing out already, it seems moderately popular out of the gate. The first TRU I went to, Force Battlers Anakin & Obi-Wan were way more popular than Vader & Grievous, but that turned out to be an anomoly. Dlx Anakin-to-Vader is the figure that gets picked up the most but then put back down. Basic Vader was hard to find at the first TRU and the 2 Targets I visited, but cake at the 2nd TRU. Who knows what the long-term will hold, but I predict clearance for those deluxes.

On Midnight Madness, it was pretty calm at my store and I noticed with all the calm, people were examining a lot of the stuff in their carts and putting it back (not in the right place, of course ;)).

LTBasker
04-04-2005, 12:34 AM
I'm betting alot of the Jedi figures that are pegwarming now and possibly even Palpatine will sell better when the movie comes out. Especially Plo, Saesee, Shaak, Luminara and Aayla. It makes sense they didn't sell that much during AOTC- you hardly noticed them. They probably would've looked way too weird to a casual buyer, but seeing them in upclose fights in ROTS could sway their mind.

I hope. :D

Fluke Skywalker
04-04-2005, 04:32 AM
Make it another vote for Senator Smits AKA Bail Organa. I was shocked at how many there were opening night at my Walmart. Hasbro must have thought that there were a lot of LA Law fans out there.

Also on that list are Battle droids, Super battle droids and and nearly all of various alien Jedi, even Aayla 'Bada bing' Secura. Oh, and R2 and 3PO.

Selling well are Clone troopers, Red/Blue guards, GG & GG's Bodyguard.

Everything else selling moderately well. I hope kids buy up some of this glut quick so we can get to the Clone Commander and his armored friends :D

Sith Lord 0498
04-04-2005, 06:50 AM
It's been difficult to nail down pegwarmers in my area b/c it seems as though every store has a different ratio and assortment of figures. Pegwarmers in one WM are nowhere to be found in Target or the WM right up the road. Here's what appears to be pegwarming.

Basic Figures
R2-D2
Emperor Palpatine
Supreme Chancellor Palpatine
Bail Organa
Chewbacca
Obi-Wan Kenobi (#1)
Mon Mothma (in certain stores)
Super Battle Droid

Deluxe Figures
Anakin/Vader
Obi-Wan Force Jumping

Vehicles
Anakin's Starfighter
Obi-Wan's Starfighter
BARC Speeder
Boga w/ Obi-Wan

Miscellaneous
Clonetrooper and Grievous blaster rifles
Electronic lightsabers (all stores around here always order way too many...)

That's all I can think of right now.

EDIT: OK, so I guess I lied. :) Remembered this one just as I hit "submit." 12 inch Clonetrooper is also starting to sit on the shelves.

InsaneJediGirl
04-04-2005, 10:36 AM
In terms of 3 3/4" everything but the Clonetroopers and Luminara(suprise!) are pegwarmers.That Goth Anakin just...is scary,what kid would want to play with that?I hope the items start moving,that way the much better(IMO) waves can come in.

As for anything else,everything is selling out quickly besides the 12" Anakin/Vader and lightsabers.Saw a lot of kids picking up blasters,and only a few on the shelf.Same for Legos.

hango fett
04-04-2005, 10:47 AM
bail, mon mothma, droids (all, even 3PO and R2), the second yoda with the nifty "spinning action."
HF

OC47150
04-04-2005, 11:15 AM
I'm surprised the clone troopers were so plentiful. I thought they'd fly off the pegs.

CaptainSolo1138
04-04-2005, 02:23 PM
Did anyone mention Tarrful? WM and TRU had dozens of this fella left after the initial onslaught was over.

El Chuxter
04-04-2005, 03:10 PM
It's tough to tell around my area. Most of the figures through #32 are hanging around in healthy numbers, except for Clones (any variety) and Darth Vader. I doubt any of them will match the surprising pegwarming abilities of the Sneak Preview Wookiee Warrior. I can't figure out why he's sticking around. Is no one building armies of him?

Tycho
04-04-2005, 06:01 PM
They'll buy more Wookiee SP's once they've seen the movie or gotten all their pieces, and then found some cash to army build.

I have to agree: all figures #1-32 are abundant and easy enough to get.

I've found 33-40 at both Wal-Mart (33-40) and Target (33-36).

They will be more common as cases are sold out and inventory orders more.

Such as it is, I'm worried the glut of the stuff will sit and sit now that the majority of the sales have happened due to April 2nd.

Because of Midnite Madness, I'd shop Toys R Us. Though 33-40 have not been found there to my knowledge, more of their stock was depleted than any other retailer due to MM, so they would be the first and most likely to reorder more cases. My TRU sold out almost everything they ordered.

mtriv73
04-04-2005, 07:23 PM
I went out and checked a few of the stores in the area (Maryland near D.C.) today. Everything from 1-32 is adundantly available except the red and blue guard. I think all of them will pegwarm for a few weeks until the movie comes out, then they should move fairly quickly.

What I found disturbing, though, is that all the pegs everywhere seem to be filled. I went out looking today to see who might be the first to restock with newer waves. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like anyone around here will be restocking for a while. On friday night and saturday people were pulling things off the shelves as fast as the stockers could put them out.

It kind of makes you wonder how much Hasbro had stockpiled before this weekend. I guess the good news is that they probably made just as much of waves 3 and 4, it just may be a while before we see it.

mabudonicus
04-05-2005, 08:34 AM
I doubt any of them will match the surprising pegwarming abilities of the Sneak Preview Wookiee Warrior
I don't know why that phrase is so damn hilarious to me, but I couldn't let it go without a quick revisit, I was shocked to see that fig lagging behind as well, odd :beard:

I haven't had the heart to even look yet in our area, I am so positive that it will be an Anakin an Obi-Wanderland out there though, I was truly worried that this would indeed happen again, in our area the first 32 (or whatever the number was, maybe 27??) for AOTC got so massively overshipped that it was almost 2 years before the product started to flow again, and it looks like that's gonna be the deal again this time around, which is wonderful :Pirate:

pegger
04-05-2005, 08:48 AM
I haven't had the heart to even look yet in our area, I am so positive that it will be an Anakin an Obi-Wanderland out there though, I was truly worried that this would indeed happen again, in our area the first 32 (or whatever the number was, maybe 27??) for AOTC got so massively overshipped that it was almost 2 years before the product started to flow again, and it looks like that's gonna be the deal again this time around, which is wonderful :Pirate:

Mabs..in my area, they definately overshipped....TRU had about 60 pegs of figs on Saturday...yesterday they had maybe 58 pegs full.... everything is warming EXCEPT for Clone Troopers and Vader.... not a good sign....

As an aside - We still have POTJ figs on the pegs here, let alone SAGA or OTC

mm74md
04-05-2005, 10:12 AM
Really hard to tell yet. Give it another week after the sales. Then we can better tell. Each store in my area (Wal Mart,TRU, Target, Kmart, both KB's) seem to have different pegwarmers. WM is just awful. They have so many figures they have the overstock in shopping carts.

cdatkins
04-05-2005, 10:15 AM
Everything is pretty plentiful in northern VA, with the exception of the royal guards, Darth Vader, and General Grievous. I haven't seen any figures north of #32 yet. No ARCs yet either.

I do think Hasbro should have included more variety in their initial offerings. Almost every single character shipped for April 2 had been available in some for before, whether in the PT or OT line. I think I only picked up 10 of the 32 figures, because a lot of them I already had different versions of.

hango fett
04-05-2005, 10:26 AM
after visiting WM again yesterday to see if they put anything new up (like 33-40, which they did NOT!), i can confirm that in my area everything but the royal gaurd is in stock. i found the last RG yesterday for a guy who me and my dad were talking to and said he needed it. he wasn't a scalper, he was a pretty good guy. i hope the next wave will be just as plentiful.
HF

HighLordDave
04-05-2005, 10:33 AM
How come there are very few mentions of Padme as a PW? She, Mon Mothma and Bail Organa are all over the stores here.

I've also seens lots of Anakins, Obi-Wans, Yodas and Palpatines because there are two of each in the 1-32 batches and except for collectors, you really only need one of each.

Really, spinning Yoda? Firing cannon Yoda? Who cares? I just want one ***-whuppin Yoda.

abell748
04-05-2005, 11:39 AM
We have lots of everything except: Guards and the Jedi. We have lots of Clones left which is a switch from usual. The problem is I went to WM, TRU, and Target (WM and Target when they rolled out the ROTS stuff) and we did not get anything passed figure #24. But, Yoda, anakin, and Obi should be around to be a clearence pick up.

HighLordDave
04-05-2005, 11:48 AM
There are lots clone trooper around here, although the Clone Commanders, Clone Pilots and AT-TE gunners are selling like hotcakes (which I suspect will slow down once the 33-40 figures start making their way to shelves). I'm waiting for the 3-packs and the super-poseable Clone Trooper (#41) to really start building my army of clones.

SNAYSON
04-05-2005, 12:23 PM
Target exclusive Lava Darth Vader is a peg warmer in my area!!! - yeah right!!! if you believe that, then.....
anyway...

in my area, every figure , # 1 - 32 is a peg warmer except for the royal guard blue (somewhat rare)(bought only one, so far) , red (non exsistant) and the clone troopers. i have not seen any Clone Commanders, Clone Pilots and AT-TE gunners for army building. did get/buy alot of clone troopers and i mean ALOT! and yes they are all open, out of the package!

never found the Walmart early bird exclusive

got two TRU holographic yodas (have not opened them)
got one lave darth vader (unopened)

HighLordDave
04-05-2005, 12:29 PM
The Royal Guards have disappeared around here (WV) since the whole red guard/blue guard thing started, but Friday night/Saturday morning there were a fair number of red guards at Toys R Us and lots of blue guards at Wal-Mart.

Of course, the collectors and eBayers have bought up all the royal guards in hopes of finding out which one are going to be worth more.

Tycho
04-05-2005, 02:12 PM
In looking at the poll on "how much everyone spent" - it is apparent that there are collectors serious enough to come here, who could not afford to spend the 300-600 to get "everything" in one night.

They along with casual buyers and kids, will be chipping away at the huge inventories out there.

Hopefully, the initial cases will have stopped shipping:

1-12
13-24
25-32 with some of the 13-24 repeats

and cases of 33-36 will ship as 3 of each per case
as well as 37-40 doing likewise....

These cases won't pegwarm!

Meanwhile, the stores got in stock to maintain through April. They didn't expect to sell through it all on Saturday - but several of my stores (especially Toys R Us) came close!

ronhudy
04-05-2005, 02:26 PM
I'm seeing many different scenarios...one Target close to my work had PLENTY of all the Jedi, including Luminara, Saesee, Kit, and Ki-Adi. Not much in the way of army builders like Battle Droids and Clones though. Another Target near my house has pretty much everything. A stop their yesterday on my way home yielded another #36 Grievous and Clone Commander. Also saw 4 or 5 Blue Guards, but already have 3 carded, one open. No reds...ANYWHERE.

All the Wal-Marts around seem to have everything except Guards and over 32's...one Wal-Mart here had the genius idea of dumping hundreds of figures into a large bin...found a Blue Guard the other day, but no telling what's on the bottom. The thing is 4 foot deep. Plenty of Jedi and Clones though - I'll wait till it gets worked down a little, than maybe go on an excavaton dig for deeper, buried treasures. Also, PLENTY of Early Bird sets at the three Wal-Marts in my area.

hango fett
04-05-2005, 02:28 PM
the greenville WM has a decent stock left, but mejiers is runnig pretty low. i just hope that they get the next waves in soon so i can get another GG and palpy. oh, and padme' and mon mothma are not the PW you's think around here. they are kinda scarce.
HF

OC47150
04-05-2005, 02:41 PM
With the $5 Target sale this week, I think some people are already army building.

I picked up two extra Grevious bodyguards for opening last night.

HighLordDave, of the nine stores I visited on Saturday, I only saw Padme at four of them.

HighLordDave
04-05-2005, 02:44 PM
The Wal-Marts here have dropped Padme, Mon Mothma and Bail Organa to $4.94, while the rest are $5.24.

If Padme's that rare where you are, let me know and I'll pick some up for you. ;)

OC47150
04-05-2005, 02:50 PM
The Wal-Marts here have dropped Padme, Mon Mothma and Bail Organa to $4.94, while the rest are $5.24.

If Padme's that rare where you are, let me know and I'll pick some up for you. ;)

That's one of the few I did buy on Saturday. Someone mentioned she was hard to find, so I picked her up.

Thanks for the offer.

BlueSnags
04-05-2005, 04:09 PM
In the LA area, the pegwarmers seem to be:

All 1-24 except Clonetrooper, Vader and Royal Guard...
ESPECIALLY:
Super Battle Droid
Deluxe Obi-Wan and SBD

SBD is too close to the Saga version that warmed the pegs here for three years. That figure isn't gonna sell...no way, no how.

Blue Snaggy

Mandalorian Candidat
04-05-2005, 04:18 PM
This is like the Bizarro thread to the Just Found section.

It seems as if every area of the country has their own quirks as to what was distributed and what was purchased. I'm in central UT and I've seen many of the figures all over the place that some have mentioned are not in their area. The WMs in my area seem to have more of the Jedi, MM, and Bail than TRU. In fact, all of the main characters seem to be in big supply here. It's interesting to speculate on, but from the wide differences that everyone is describing in this thread, it is way too early to say what's going to be hanging around.

Sorry for the buzzkill.

Astromech
04-06-2005, 02:23 AM
In the East Bay (SF Bay Area) It seems like all the low numbers are equal warmers (20 and below). TONS of Obis, Ani, and all the Jedi Masters. I have not actually seen the clone pilot, clone commander, Vader's medical droid, AT-TE gunner, or the blue royal guard.
Would love to.
I think Greivous' Bodyguard is a warmer because it is a lame figure. It just doesn't look good or offer anything.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-06-2005, 02:55 AM
I have yet to find a Padmé or Royal Guard of either color, though I did see someone with a Red Guard on Saturday at Target. I heard people mention that there had been guards earlier that morning at Wal-Mart, but none when I got there. I've not seen anything above #32. I didn't find Mon Mothma or Dooku on Saturday, but found them at Wal-Mart on Monday. Still not too many of Mon Mothma.

There are plenty of Obis, Anis, and Yodas. Wookiees are fairly common. Seems like I didn't see much of Luminara or Aayla at Wal-Mart Saturday, but I think they were there in greater numbers Monday. TRU has some shopping carts full of figures and I didn't bother to dig through those.

Monday, in addition to looking for the ones I didn't have, I was also looking to get an extra of any army builder type. I got a Battle Droid, Super Battle Droid, Grievous Guard and Clone #6. I think it was the only Clone I could find. There weren't too many Battle Droids. A few more of the bodyguards were around and plenty of the Super Battle Droids.

Flyin_Solo
04-07-2005, 03:59 AM
well lets see..here in ND we have..EVERYTHING upto 32, red and blue guards..clones, everything, its insane, lets just say ebay is my friend right now lol. They dont wanna sell? I'll buy and resell at normal price on ebay :-P

Walmart here was also selling OTC Millenium Falcons for 15 bucks...and the entire ANH VOTC figs...for 5 bucks...its insane.